U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 5

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 am
juliets wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:02 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 am @juliets do you still have a preference about who I party with tonight or can I choose whomever
Hmm...well I can add sig and dunya to the list. Do you want to target someone I haven't named?
it doesn't really matter, as long as they have a computer capable of running flash and like 10 minutes of free time before the end of the night
Kyle, don't pick me I can't run flash.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

Kyle, dont you dare pick me. I've been silenced for long enough in this game. I will not be silenced for 1 more phase with youtube videos.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

if you do, i'll post videos of myself ISOing everyone and you'll have to listen to hours of me
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Post by sig »

Okay so either Kyle or bob is the curser, I'm leaning towards Bob due to when he was freed and the night we didn't have cursing. In theory it could be an inactive player who just sent in an action, but we can't really go down that rabbit hole. It would also explain why the mafia haven't killed DDL yet.

I second everything dunya just said so about Lost Souls so oops mafia ya dun fucked up. :P
I'm shocked TH wasn't the vanisher, but maybe he's mafia I pegged him as another third party vanishing role.
Third my post to ISIS survivor was 100 % honest, they killed Scotty someone who I'd assume would've survived for quite a bit might as well hit one of them for your own benefit. Otherwise number wise they'll win if civs get to the point of loosing.

linki: He's the video guy? I thought it was a game.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I don't know. if it's cbob, makes sense he'd pick Luna to distance her from the teammate thing.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 am @sig for my sake could you recount your intercourse cavern experience please?
Yeah so Zeph aka King Kong didn't talk much at all expect to come in and offer me a deal. Basically he said he'd help me if I was mafia or civ and if I was mafia he'd abduct strong civvies as long as we didn't kill him. Then he said if I tell anyone anything about what he said or try to figure him out he'd say I confessed to him that I was mafia and get me lynched.

The obvious thing that's wrong here is that if I was mafia I'd never tell an unknown third party my role and the second being I'm not mafia.

Now i figured him out mainly due to his first in game post and then by the fact he logged onto Chatzy with his username.
Zephyrus wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am I'm a spooky sex cryptid, just to let you all know.

Oh and btw thanks thread for listening to me on Zeph and your welcome for Nova, Loch, Jack, Zeph, and LC
That's 5/6 I was just wrong on Scotty. :(
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:33 am I don't know. if it's cbob, makes sense he'd pick Luna to distance her from the teammate thing.
I'd think luna was the last ISIS member if bad. However, I'm still 50/50 on her.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Oh and for the whole role shenanigans of last phase I'm a JOAT (Jack of all trade) I've got 4 shots, one investigation, track, watch, and protect.

I tracked Bren night 1, thanks for having me waste that smh
Then targeted LC and got a red check. I didn't want to share that information with the thread, but his lynch wasn't going anywhere fast enough so I figured it was worth passing it through to DDL.

Now just to put all my cards on the table I'll be protecting someone from the TNSCSA, probably me but who knows? :p
Which means I'll quickly become a vanilla civ so boo no point in bothering to kill or curse me ever again.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[mention]Kites[/mention] I see you voted any reason why we shouldn't lynch you?
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:26 am Kyle, dont you dare pick me. I've been silenced for long enough in this game. I will not be silenced for 1 more phase with youtube videos.
video games not videos :0 proving I'm not that role is the whole point of this excercize
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

exercise?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

exorcize
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 amexorcize
you can spray me with your "holy water" any day. :srsnod:

Also that means Bob is probably the video guy and should be lynched post haste!
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

But only if he's Alpieda, I'm trying to be friends with ISIS.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also do we as a thread think the mafia teams are 4 or 5 players strong?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

POE

Don't wanna lynch

Sloonie
Epi
DDL
Kyle
Juliets
Sig
Dunya
Motel room

Don't want to lynch right now

Colin
Luna
TH
Kites

Could lynch right now

INH
Bob
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Though this list is subject to change at a moments notice!
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:04 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:27 am If The Endless Void is lynched or otherwise killed, the Chatzy of Lost Souls is completely destroyed. Every person inside has a 50/50 chance of survival.

Sig and Dunya have been liberated.
You lucky bastards. :suspish:
:meany:
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

The only think about the curser being bob is bob was abducted night 3 so his power would have gone through night 3 wouldn't it? Day 4 was the day we had without a curse.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

juliets wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:52 am The only think about the curser being bob is bob was abducted night 3 so his power would have gone through night 3 wouldn't it? Day 4 was the day we had without a curse.
Hmm Potentially yeah.

In that case it must be an inactive active player.

Oh also if we've got a blocker who blocked someone night 3 they should go ahead and say it since you probably hit the curser

If we have a redirect type role alive and you redirected onto Scotty the night he died claim it as well.

If not we can assume Alpiedia killed him Which would mean Alpieda has the kill tonight? Which makes LC comment on ISIS odd. :shrug:
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I dont understand how the power would have gone through. We're told we're abducted during the night, even though host post shows it during the day so...
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:44 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:26 am Kyle, dont you dare pick me. I've been silenced for long enough in this game. I will not be silenced for 1 more phase with youtube videos.
video games not videos :0 proving I'm not that role is the whole point of this excercize
I believe you!

:D
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:19 am so seeing you dish out 10 ISOs there and not 1 here is revealing :shifty:
Not accurate and also not true but hey, I’m glad you’re having fun.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 4

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:30 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:02 am Quick GTH thoughts

Confirmed town:
Colin
Charlie

Probably town:
DDL (or town-aligned?)
Cbob
Juliets
Kyle

Neutral, could see vaguely as scum:
Long Con
Luna
Sloonei
Sig
Dunya

Like less:
INH
Kites
Motel Room
Turnip Head

I have no really strong scum reads so yeah idk
this was funny to me. sig has been out of the game as much as juliets, yet you see him as scum and see juliets as town. how did you reach that theory?

if you're bad with LC tho, TH is definitely your teammate.
Juliets has been contributing like hell since she got back whereas I haven’t thought much about sig all game. So that’s how I reached that theory.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My read on Turbup evolved because of his interactions with Eloh. Look ‘em up. You’ll see that I asked this Q when drunk
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t have the time or energy to respond to your case further, dunya, but it’s bad and when you lynch me you’ll realize that maaaaaaaybe intuition ain’t what it used to be.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’m having a really hard time following this game tbh. Are we townclearing everybody who’s been unvanished/unsexcaved? Doesn’t it seem kinda mathematically improbable that you’d all be good??
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am
colonialbob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:29 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:35 am now here's why I think cbob is bad:

cbob is one of the most thorough players I know. I name him as one of my favorite cos he's great. cbob does all that analysis to end up on Sloonei? really? you didn't have any better leads? hard for me to believe.

cbob does all that analysis and lists me as slight scum a few times? really? he doesn't even mention how or why speedchuck town confirmed me. cbob doesn't make mistakes like that, cbob would have analyzed the shit out of that claim, but a scum cbob would make omissions to please his case while I was silenced.

I'll do some more ISO on cbob and teammate compatibility. Was pretty sure I saw him and LC as team-mate compatible.
I was gone from the thread when speedchuck town-firmed you. I didn't go back and read everything I missed. Weak sauce.

Plus how did I make omissions to plead my case? I never pushed on you. In fact I said you were teammate incompatible with ISIS, and I don't think there was much there with nova.
no, you said there was a slight push for me being nova's teammate but cleared me from being ISIS because of how I handled Scotty (even though you still wanted to paint me as looking bad with my interactions with Lilefer but end it with "still not enough to move me to being ISIS cos of Scotty")

That's a pretty weak solid incompatibility.

Why was Sloonei your best vote yesterday?
*rolls eyes* if you think that was me trying to throw shade on you then I don't really know what to tell you. This whole angle is kind of silly, if I was going to push on somebody who got townfirmed why would I totally ignore the townfirming? Please.

Sloonei was my best vote because I came up with Sloonei and kenway looking bad from interactions. Then somebody (jules?) pointed out Sloonei was kenway so bingo bango bongo. I'm confused why you're confused that my thought process led to me voting for somebody I suspected.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:36 am also, I'm sorry, but cbob I know asking all these probing questions that actually lead to places isn't in this game. It's the same feeling I got when I said Scotty was not himself, LC was trying to hard to appear clueless...and you're just doing homework to look like you're invested but reach a decision to lynch Sloonei, the only player who hasn't broken roleplay all game because he won't put up a fight? that was your best pick?
Alternatively, I made a case and voted for my best suspect.

This case is bullshit.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dunya was townfirmed by speed, but that’s not what his role did. So anybody care to explain that?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:42 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:40 pm Eloh mostly interacted with nutella, dunya, and Colin, but she did try to throw heat on Kyle. More indication he's not ISIS. No real conclusions from the other interactions.
You've done this twice, with Kyle/Eloh and Colin/nova. subtly though. You're saying because of Eloh's and nova's pushes on Kyle and Colin respectively, Colin and Kyle are not not bad.

I've never seen cbob so easily convinced people aren't scum because of bussing/distancing. My theory is Kyle is town (because I think he's town), and Kyle will resonate with that and agree. But really, it was building to "Colin and nova can't be teammates" because "Kyle and Eloh aren't teammates".

Very strange conclusions coming out of cbob. If anything, those interactions would ping me.
*rolls more eyes*

There's distance pushing and legit pushing. Those felt like legit pushing to me, not distance pushing. Call it gut.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:40 am I’m having a really hard time following this game tbh. Are we townclearing everybody who’s been unvanished/unsexcaved? Doesn’t it seem kinda mathematically improbable that you’d all be good??
Sex cave should be NAI. Lost Souls is presumably cleared from being Al-Pieda, although I could see them throwing a teammate in there as deep cover I guess.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 am Dunya was townfirmed by speed, but that’s not what his role did. So anybody care to explain that?
I don't want to lynch dunya tomorrow, I'd say if we don't hit scum for a few phases we'd wanna look at her/juliet again.

Though if Juliet is mafia she'd be a member of ISIS. Which isn't a priority for town atm :srsnod:
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 am Dunya was townfirmed by speed, but that’s not what his role did. So anybody care to explain that?
Yeah I'm curious as well. I barely read anything between when I vanished and when I returned.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:50 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:36 am also, I'm sorry, but cbob I know asking all these probing questions that actually lead to places isn't in this game. It's the same feeling I got when I said Scotty was not himself, LC was trying to hard to appear clueless...and you're just doing homework to look like you're invested but reach a decision to lynch Sloonei, the only player who hasn't broken roleplay all game because he won't put up a fight? that was your best pick?
Alternatively, I made a case and voted for my best suspect.

This case is bullshit.
Specifically the "you wanted to vote Sloonei all the time because he won't put up a fight so you threw out a bunch of meaningless stuff to pretend" case
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Also the only reason I voted no in the poll is because I'm off alcohol for a month to try and get back into shape so I'm jealous
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

You know there's something else about this that bothers me.

"Sloonei hasn't broken roleplay all game" -> not suspicious
"This cbob is different" -> suspicious

Why the discrepancy? Neither Sloonei nor I are playing pur typical games here, but I'm a lot closer to mine than he is to his.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:42 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:40 pm Eloh mostly interacted with nutella, dunya, and Colin, but she did try to throw heat on Kyle. More indication he's not ISIS. No real conclusions from the other interactions.
You've done this twice, with Kyle/Eloh and Colin/nova. subtly though. You're saying because of Eloh's and nova's pushes on Kyle and Colin respectively, Colin and Kyle are not not bad.

I've never seen cbob so easily convinced people aren't scum because of bussing/distancing. My theory is Kyle is town (because I think he's town), and Kyle will resonate with that and agree. But really, it was building to "Colin and nova can't be teammates" because "Kyle and Eloh aren't teammates".

Very strange conclusions coming out of cbob. If anything, those interactions would ping me.
*rolls more eyes*

There's distance pushing and legit pushing. Those felt like legit pushing to me, not distance pushing. Call it gut.
yet you specifically called the nova/Colin "light distancing".
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Why the discrepancy? Neither Sloonei nor I are playing pur typical games here, but I'm a lot closer to mine than he is to his.
cos I know Sloonei is town through game mechanics.

And you're not in roleplay, your actually trying to maintain your town meta (roll your eyes as many times as you want...but be careful eventually they stick up there :p )
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

you're* welp. when I see a your/you're typo my heart bleeds.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Why would a civilian townfirm me? :beer:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm
I think it’s a valid question as to why his stated ability is not what it was revealed to be. Only thing I can think of is that he was an Absolute Unit and you are too, but how common are civ teams like that here?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:13 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm
I think it’s a valid question as to why his stated ability is not what it was revealed to be. Only thing I can think of is that he was an Absolute Unit and you are too, but how common are civ teams like that here?
Mac-common. :slick:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:10 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:01 pm

cos I know Sloonei is town through game mechanics.

And you're not in roleplay, your actually trying to maintain your town meta (roll your eyes as many times as you want...but be careful eventually they stick up there :p )
How?

And no I'm not role-playing exactly but I'm definitely shitposting and have been all game.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

So to be completely clear, you are an Absolute Unit?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:54 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:40 am I’m having a really hard time following this game tbh. Are we townclearing everybody who’s been unvanished/unsexcaved? Doesn’t it seem kinda mathematically improbable that you’d all be good??
Sex cave should be NAI. Lost Souls is presumably cleared from being Al-Pieda, although I could see them throwing a teammate in there as deep cover I guess.
I don't think so, like in theory they could, but putting a mafia member with civs, without outside contact is a bad idea. Plus when you're vanished you don't count towards final numbers meaning if we would've lynched the rest of the mafia team they'd be screwed. So I'd say there's a good chance we aren't
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 pm So to be completely clear, you are an Absolute Unit?
I know you don’t trust me but I’m trying to get an explanation of what Absolute Unit is and does because I think I found a way to solve part of the game, so if you’re half-claiming, I’d appreciate the full monte
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:22 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 pm So to be completely clear, you are an Absolute Unit?
I know you don’t trust me but I’m trying to get an explanation of what Absolute Unit is and does because I think I found a way to solve part of the game, so if you’re half-claiming, I’d appreciate the full monte
Tell me your ideas.

And yes, I'm part of the Absolute Unit.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Well it’s dependent on what that means. You don’t have to offer anybody else up but you know who everybody in your team is?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:26 pm Well it’s dependent on what that means. You don’t have to offer anybody else up but you know who everybody in your team is?
it's not that simple. I know some people.

Return to “Previous Jobs”