DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is Big and Sexy and Failing Tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

abyssum
No votes
ColinIsCool
6%
DharmaHelper
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
No votes
M Plus 7
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
sprityo
59%
Tsaiah
No votes
Turnip Head
6%
Big Sexy (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Total votes: 17
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 91

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Lunalee »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 am So forewarning as I read these first 5 pages. I have no clue how to play, the rules don’t reslly make sense to me, and I hope this isn’t like The Genius where I get fucked over by @DharmaHelper
I'm pretty sure this is just mafia in a fishbowl. We have a crowd of spectators rooting for who knows who. I think it should make it fun. :P
Luna's Wins/Losses
Spoiler: show
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172

Post by ColinIsCool »

Yeah, it’s just vanilla mafia with some behind-the-scenes tomfoolery.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 am
sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 am So forewarning as I read these first 5 pages. I have no clue how to play, the rules don’t reslly make sense to me, and I hope this isn’t like The Genius where I get fucked over by DharmaHelper
I'm pretty sure this is just mafia in a fishbowl. We have a crowd of spectators rooting for who knows who. I think it should make it fun. :P
Okay, I think that makes sense. We have a teo games in one type deal? The whole salary talk really just made me go “that sounds stupid. I just want to play mafia”
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

What’s the best word to use for this situation? Hmmm. As crude and possibly rude as it sounds I’m not sure I could describe everything I’ve just read between Jay MP and [insert your favorite player here] as a “we post a lot and I feel good about you” circle jerk

It’s not even day one my dudes O_o

With that out of my system: Hi everyone! I’m super happy to see new faces and look forward to playing with you. MP is right I am so low hanging, I might as well be eaten by a wandering boar
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Or... a bear? :grin:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 426

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:36 am MP
Tsaiah

You ain't posted yet, shit

Kyle
Colin

Mac
abyssum
DH
I forgot that you actually suck at Mafia now. Sucks to be you.
My reads aren’t terribly different from those you’ve provided. Also you know I’m a civilian.
Don't poke the bear Jay. For me to know you are a civilian would require me to be Mafia which I am not you curmudgeon.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 426

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:59 am Or... a bear? :grin:
Heh I said bear and didn't even see that you had also said bear. I can bearly deal with it. Lolroflkekmao.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 615
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 amDon't poke the bear Jay. For me to know you are a civilian would require me to be Mafia which I am not you curmudgeon.
It’s clear that no part of you is bothered by the potential for my being a mafioso, which is a natural product of your being a mafioso.

Wow this is easy.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have to confess I haven't read a word of the game yet 100% because its two pages of game and 4 pages of MP
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I haven't read the thread either, I'm waiting for Mac to point blank tell me who is scum so we can win.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Just got my role, I am DH's left buttcheek
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 am Just got my role, I am DH's left buttcheek
A small opposes to Steven Tyler’s Left ManBoob?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

As opposed*

God damnit don’t treat me like this now autocorrect
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 am What’s the best word to use for this situation? Hmmm. As crude and possibly rude as it sounds I’m not sure I could describe everything I’ve just read between Jay MP and [insert your favorite player here] as a “we post a lot and I feel good about you” circle jerk

It’s not even day one my dudes O_o

With that out of my system: Hi everyone! I’m super happy to see new faces and look forward to playing with you. MP is right I am so low hanging, I might as well be eaten by a wandering boar
This manner of groaning about the token teamwork of MP and I with a lighthearted O_o is to be expected of a civilian sprityo who enters this game with a fork in one hand, knife in the other, and a dinner plate containing only a sheet of tinfoil waiting to be cut into and chewed.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 am I have to confess I haven't read a word of the game yet 100% because its two pages of game and 4 pages of MP
I don't believe you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am I haven't read the thread either, I'm waiting for Mac to point blank tell me who is scum so we can win.
I believe you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 am Everything MP does makes me think he’s town, but if he just wrote a 6-page MLA double spaced essay where he buddied every single player, he is a MADMAN.

Can I get people with experience to comment on the following players as scum in similar style to MP:

JaggedJimmyJay
Mac
MP
RobotNerd
Tsaiah
Russtifinko
DharmaHelper
Turnip Head
Anyone else for whom this is their first game here
I will oblige your request, Colin, but be aware that once I have done so you will be legally obligated to use my work toward some discernible hunting objective.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 am Everything MP does makes me think he’s town, but if he just wrote a 6-page MLA double spaced essay where he buddied every single player, he is a MADMAN.

Can I get people with experience to comment on the following players as scum in similar style to MP:
Mac -- Mac is hyper-conscious of maintaining his civilian shtick when wearing mafia pants, and I think it can be discerned given the validity of his analysis or the substance of his reads. He should never be given credit for "Mac being Mac", and if he does something disagreeable at face value then he needs to be taken to task.

MP -- I'm not revealing any of my perspectives of MP here. He may well end up a finalist in the tournament and I don't want anyone using my words against him. If MP himself requests otherwise I may reconsider.

Russtifinko -- I've a very limited sample for this guy as a mafioso (I can only remember Talking Heads). In that game though he maintained an amicable, friendly approach within an inconsistent but still formidable analytic effort. Don't give him credit for lengthy multi-quote posts. Dig into the content and judge beyond what you see on the surface.

DharmaHelper -- My sample is again limited. I do recall one example in which his logic was extremely questionable (when he was a mafioso), something I wouldn't associate with him typically.

Turnip Head -- I don't think the Turnip is the same guy he once was in terms of Mafia play. That's fine and dandy, but it also means I am not inclined to speak to his "meta". Enjoy his silliness, and leave him in the POE pool as a punishment until something meaningful comes along.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 am I have to confess I haven't read a word of the game yet 100% because its two pages of game and 4 pages of MP
I don't believe you.
:shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:32 pm
I don't believe you.
There are about four people making love to themselves in this thread, and I am being asked to believe that DharmaHelper has not noticed any of that. Nope.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:32 pm
I don't believe you.
There are about four people making love to themselves in this thread, and I am being asked to believe that DharmaHelper has not noticed any of that. Nope.
I'm not asking you to believe anything. I'll read this Day 0 when I get to it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Number of defenses and promises: 1 each

Number of snide remarks and jokes: 0

Number of gifs: 0

Number of DharmaHelpers on the mafia team: 1

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Infected_alien8_
The Mark
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Infected_alien8_ »

Hey everyone!

Pleased to meet you all, very excited to play this game with everyone!

I've read through the thread and I'm suspicious of M Plus 7, slight town-read on Tsai, I want to town-read Jagged but M Plus 7 says they're good at acting Townie so I'm a bit reluctant to do that but I've felt like they've been genuinely hunting so far rather than faking it, and I wanted to town-read Mac based on tone but I think they might have possibly slipped?

M Plus 7 suspicion is, in a nut-shell, that I think they're being too eager to town-read people compared to in other games, and I'm not getting the sense they're genuinely trying to solve. The lack of questions is also concerning but I've not really got any questions myself either yet so I can be sympathetic about that.

Some quotes:
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:06 am Yeah Tsaiah is pure. I’m locking this for now.
Seems a bit too eager to lock in a town-read? Especially since he hasn't played much with her. And looking through their ISO I really don't know where he's getting that from.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:14 am I'll work on that meta post now, but I will also continue to engage anyone in here in real time. Let's get this game fucking rolling. I want to crush the scum. Let's make them drown under genuine solving content.
The "drown under genuine solving content" pings me, though I'm having a hard time understanding why exactly that is.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 am Lol, what timing.

What makes you assess his poo flinging so far as fake? As you and I both know, it's in character as either alignment. What should I be looking for re: Mac this early? Give me all of your thoughts, Jay.
Poo flinging is great. We should all do it. It should also bear some kind of capacity for response, or at least be traceable to some tangible inspiration. Mac's poo is randomized. I have no idea why those posts he highlighted suggested the alignments he tacked onto them.
So is mac's poo being random not a part of his usual meta, is it usually more focused? Because if so, M Plus 7 not picking up on that would be strange, but Mac seems to disagree with you here so not sure what to make of that yet.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 am You're in full King of Fuck Mountain mode right now, and I'm just loving it.

Let's solve this game, Jay. We can win.
I've had a long break, and I am sick of you taking all the glory. :grin:
With you and I as town and in full solving mode, we can crush this game. I'm fucking stoked.
Again seems a bit eager to assume Jay as Town.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:27 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:10 amKylemii has had the best entrance so far. I know he gave me shit for this sort of read in the hydra game, but I stand by something similar here.
I still think it seems wrong, but the fact that you were at least apparently right back then without any prior knowledge makes it possible it might be a real divergence in my types of bullshit, or at least that you think it's real, if that makes sense.
You're bad, aren't you?
Feels a bit like he felt it was necessary to throw in a non-town read in somewhere, because I don't know why he thinks that, he didn't elaborate on it, and didn't ask a question which I think could actually sort their alignment.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:36 am If Jay and Tsaiah are both scum this game, I will cry myself to sleep for weeks.
Again a bit too eager on town-reading them, I'm really not sure where it's coming from because he said Jay can fake Mafia really well and I'm really not sure where his Tsaiah tone read is coming from, mostly because I just don't see it at all, and that combined with the fact he hasn't played with them much makes me think this is fake.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 am Jay is one of the best players I've ever known, and he can fake being town really fucking well, but he's oozing town right now. Locking this in.
It might be just due to difference of style on this site because he knows people better here, but I don't recall him ever 'locking' someone as Town and he was very much 'we must always reassess constantly', and I don't get that impression at all from him so far, so I'm thinking he's not actually a paranoid townie who doesn't know anyone's alignments.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 am
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 am Some early thoughts

M Plus 7 - i can feel the wind from his tail wagging so hard the way over here, eee. While i think he'd be excitable as scum, too, i think the direction that's gone in this particular game is just oozing with how happy he is to get to be playing for the first time with certain people, and in that, the emphasis is clearly on him being excited that those certain people could actually be town like he clearly wants them to be. Serious read, and unexpected--i thought i was gonna be terrified in a but oh god what if he's scum sorta way coming in, but damn if i don't feel like he's probably just town already, AND i'm comfortable with the feeling

JaggedJimmyJay - came in equally comfortable with joking around and with getting down to brass tacks solving (and doing both concurrently), not a bit of it feels forced, i feel like he's seeking out potential paths to sniff his way down without it feeling like he's reaching for minutiae

Kylemii - i do like the way he engaged me, i would've liked it better if he'd actually told me something about himself in his reply (tho i laughed), i'm most interested right now in seeing what he does or doesn't do with the replies he recieves there
Yay, you are town, aren't you? :yay:
Another really quick town-read that he doesn't actually explain, which again I find a bit suspicious. Feels like he's trying to pocket people.

At the same time, I'm not sure he'd try to town-read loads of people if he's Mafia because he's just decreasing the pool of mislynches, so that's making me reconsider. But I still find it really strange.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:10 am
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:53 am @ Tsaiah, do you have any suspicions of note yet?
Nope. Just some people that I'm trying to get to know, and some people that I'm watching to see what they do next, with some overlap between the two. :smoky:

I'm a townhunter, on d1 I'm primarily looking for other town (while simultaneously trying to not put any scum in my townreads). My end-of-first day reads have been historically pretty accurate (like if i have ~6 or 7 decently strong townreads, there may be that one inevitable scum hiding among them. Occasionally none, and then that one game that i'm still pissed about, there were two xD)
TOWN HUNTERS UNITE

HIGH FIVE
I guess if his meta here is as a town hunter his behaviour regarding that makes sense but I'm pretty sure he was much less 'town-huntery' in the champs games.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:36 am MP
Tsaiah

You ain't posted yet, shit

Kyle
Colin

Mac
abyssum
DH
I forgot that you actually suck at Mafia now. Sucks to be you.
My reads aren’t terribly different from those you’ve provided. Also you know I’m a civilian.
Don't poke the bear Jay. For me to know you are a civilian would require me to be Mafia which I am not you curmudgeon.
Despite the rest of mac's post making me feel he's Town, this could be a slip here - he's assuming Jay is Town and not Mafia, because if he's Town, imagining being Mafia still leads to the possibility of him them being Mafia partners, but he ignores that scenario.
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 am Some early thoughts

M Plus 7 - i can feel the wind from his tail wagging so hard the way over here, eee. While i think he'd be excitable as scum, too, i think the direction that's gone in this particular game is just oozing with how happy he is to get to be playing for the first time with certain people, and in that, the emphasis is clearly on him being excited that those certain people could actually be town like he clearly wants them to be. Serious read, and unexpected--i thought i was gonna be terrified in a but oh god what if he's scum sorta way coming in, but damn if i don't feel like he's probably just town already, AND i'm comfortable with the feeling

JaggedJimmyJay - came in equally comfortable with joking around and with getting down to brass tacks solving (and doing both concurrently), not a bit of it feels forced, i feel like he's seeking out potential paths to sniff his way down without it feeling like he's reaching for minutiae

Kylemii - i do like the way he engaged me, i would've liked it better if he'd actually told me something about himself in his reply (tho i laughed), i'm most interested right now in seeing what he does or doesn't do with the replies he recieves there
I like this post because it feels genuine to me, the M Plus 7 read feels almost too elaborate and complex to be faked, so I slightly town-read Tsaiah because of this I think.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 am @abyssum -- ISO
@Infected_alien8_
@JaggedJimmyJay
@RobotNerd277
@Russtifinko

plz also tell me ur history?
Hi! I guess my history would be that I started playing a couple years ago, mostly closed setups with my friends so we all knew each other pretty well so it was quite meta-orientated, then joined the champs this year and met M Plus 7 and now I'm here. Is that okay or did you want something else?

--

Sorry M Plus 7, I do feel sort of like I've just come into the thread focusing on you, I guess because I know you more, but those are my initial thoughts.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 am Yeah, it’s just vanilla mafia with some behind-the-scenes tomfoolery.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dance for me, my players.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

That’s a good point about MP, Infected alien. I don’t recall him being so eager to lock people in during previous games — in fact, in Easter he talked himself into just about everybody being scum at different points before I murdered him. That’s interesting.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:40 pm Number of defenses and promises: 1 each

Number of snide remarks and jokes: 0

Number of gifs: 0

Number of DharmaHelpers on the mafia team: 1
Yeah well thats like....your opinion man.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

And thanks for those reads Jay. They will be referenced.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 pm So is mac's poo being random not a part of his usual meta, is it usually more focused? Because if so, M Plus 7 not picking up on that would be strange, but Mac seems to disagree with you here so not sure what to make of that yet.
Mac is known for hurling out gut reads in the earliest stages of games as a civilian (and has recently used that very thing to cover himself as a mafioso). I think that his poo may often appear random on the surface given that it emerges from the void in threads which are often otherwise still stuck in joke-and-meme mode, but I tend to understand on some level what he is thinking when he presents them.

This time I have no idea. He pointed to posts which could have been selected by a random number generator and tacked alignment reads upon them.
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 pmDespite the rest of mac's post making me feel he's Town, this could be a slip here - he's assuming Jay is Town and not Mafia, because if he's Town, imagining being Mafia still leads to the possibility of him them being Mafia partners, but he ignores that scenario.
I don't quite follow what you're saying here. Could you restate it somehow?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 pm That’s a good point about MP, Infected alien. I don’t recall him being so eager to lock people in during previous games — in fact, in Easter he talked himself into just about everybody being scum at different points before I murdered him. That’s interesting.
What does this mean to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Infected_alien8_
The Mark
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Infected_alien8_ »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 pm So is mac's poo being random not a part of his usual meta, is it usually more focused? Because if so, M Plus 7 not picking up on that would be strange, but Mac seems to disagree with you here so not sure what to make of that yet.
Mac is known for hurling out gut reads in the earliest stages of games as a civilian (and has recently used that very thing to cover himself as a mafioso). I think that his poo may often appear random on the surface given that it emerges from the void in threads which are often otherwise still stuck in joke-and-meme mode, but I tend to understand on some level what he is thinking when he presents them.

This time I have no idea. He pointed to posts which could have been selected by a random number generator and tacked alignment reads upon them.
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 pmDespite the rest of mac's post making me feel he's Town, this could be a slip here - he's assuming Jay is Town and not Mafia, because if he's Town, imagining being Mafia still leads to the possibility of him them being Mafia partners, but he ignores that scenario.
I don't quite follow what you're saying here. Could you restate it somehow?
Okay, thanks. Do you think M plus 7 not sharing your opinion there is suspicious, why/why not?

And, if I'm reading it correctly, he's basically saying 'if I were Mafia I'd know you were citizen, and that's the only scenario where I'd know'. That assumes you're a citizen because he's ignoring the possibility of you being Mafia, meaning that if he was Mafia, he'd be your partner instead of knowing you were a citizen.

I'm not 100% convinced that him working under the assumption you're Town in that post is a 'slip' because he could have just done that as Town of course, and the fact the rest of his posts seem Townie to me makes me want to say gut-wise it's not a genuine slip, but I think it's worth considering at least unless I'm completely misunderstanding it
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 pm That’s a good point about MP, Infected alien. I don’t recall him being so eager to lock people in during previous games — in fact, in Easter he talked himself into just about everybody being scum at different points before I murdered him. That’s interesting.
What does this mean to you?
It makes me doubt my earlier town toneread of MP.
abyssum
The Mark
Posts in topic: 264

Post by abyssum »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 am @abyssum -- ISO
@Infected_alien8_
@JaggedJimmyJay
@RobotNerd277
@Russtifinko

plz also tell me ur history?
good morning!

i started playing mafia on Flight Rising in december '16, and that's where i played exclusively until MU championships this year. tsaiah's known me essentially from the get-go and could probably wax poetic about different parts of meta while i look on disapprovingly (and she'll do that as either alignment). MP7 decided that i didn't deserve a break from mafia and ambushed me while i was in a goodwill, so here i am!

the only player i have town and scum meta with is tsaiah, and so i'll write a quick blurb about that in a second. i don't enjoy relying on meta too heavily, both because it's strongly variable and because i'm not great at utilizing it effectively, but maybe it'll be useful for somebody.

also the bit of this forum software that doesn't let me submit if there's been a new post since the last time i tried is painful
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

[mention]M Plus 7[/mention]

did you, by chance, immediately try to invoke a towntell? ;>
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:55 pm Okay, thanks. Do you think M plus 7 not sharing your opinion there is suspicious, why/why not?
I'm not sure that's accurate. Once I clarified myself he voiced his "non-disagreement":
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 am Lol, what timing.

What makes you assess his poo flinging so far as fake? As you and I both know, it's in character as either alignment. What should I be looking for re: Mac this early? Give me all of your thoughts, Jay.
Poo flinging is great. We should all do it. It should also bear some kind of capacity for response, or at least be traceable to some tangible inspiration. Mac's poo is randomized. I have no idea why those posts he highlighted suggested the alignments he tacked onto them.
Yeah, I don't disagree. I await further content from him.

I am weirded out that he hasn't come after me though and tried to be my friend immediately, lol. Not sure what to make of that. I almost miss the aggressive Mac fucking with me.
One could say that the value of his input here is diminished given that it is an affirmation of my input rather than original. I wouldn't find that to be terribly meaningful though. MP responds to everything and will by nature have a lot of that.
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:55 pmAnd, if I'm reading it correctly, he's basically saying 'if I were Mafia I'd know you were citizen, and that's the only scenario where I'd know'. That assumes you're a citizen because he's ignoring the possibility of you being Mafia, meaning that if he was Mafia, he'd be your partner instead of knowing you were a citizen.

I'm not 100% convinced that him working under the assumption you're Town in that post is a 'slip' because he could have just done that as Town of course, and the fact the rest of his posts seem Townie to me makes me want to say gut-wise it's not a genuine slip, but I think it's worth considering at least unless I'm completely misunderstanding it
I see what you're saying now. Good times. I am going to let Mac have a go at this before I comment further.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 am Just got my role, I am DH's left buttcheek
A small opposes to Steven Tyler’s Left ManBoob?
I'm just tryna get kissed here
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

JaggedJimmyJay
Mac
MP
RobotNerd
Tsaiah
Russtifinko
DharmaHelper
Turnip Head
Anyone else for whom this is their first game here
i don't know about "in similar style," but here's the rundown of what i remember about Tsaiah as scum:

she's exactly as fluffy and nice and ":33333" as scum as she is as town, and her reads on people generally read super authentic because she loves watching certain people play no matter what. the main thing i've noticed is that she tends to 'distract' more as scum; when EOD is coming up, she tends to get stuck off-topic instead of actually talking about lynch targets or really trying to solve them then.
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

i like sprityo. this isn't a read
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm a big fan of this Dana Scully avatar.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

also, hello Alien! good to see you again, hopefully under better circumstances
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm I'm a big fan of this Dana Scully avatar.
locktown
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I should mention that I won’t be voting for anybody whom is new here on D1, barring tragic slips or Twin Peaks-style dream visions. I know some of you do that too, but given how much it lowers the pool, it’s fair to spell out. What I’m really saying us, let’s fuck MP or Mac up
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Did I use whom correctly there, Epignosis? It sounds wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:09 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 pm Let’s lynch MP
No u Colin
Townread MP for now
Colin, this is the post I labeled "stankbutt", which despite your apparent lack of concern is a serious issue. You said just now that you are questioning your tone civilian read on MP in light of alien's input, and I am brought to wonder: what inspired that tone read in the first place?

"No u Colin"?

Was it that?

Was that the tone that won you over?

Was MP a civilian because of that only until alien provided an alternative perspective?

:suspish:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm
No u Colin
Townread MP for now
Colin, this is the post I labeled "stankbutt", which despite your apparent lack of concern is a serious issue. You said just now that you are questioning your tone civilian read on MP in light of alien's input, and I am brought to wonder: what inspired that tone read in the first place?

"No u Colin"?

Was it that?

Was MP a civilian because of that only until alien provided an alternative perspective?

No, that post was a joke. The townread came from me liking his dogpee and viewing him as very similar to what I’d observed in Easter — thus there became an actual townread. But it’s not a firm one and upon review there’s more reason to be concerned than I’d initially noticed.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm No, that post was a joke. The townread came from me liking his dogpee and viewing him as very similar to what I’d observed in Easter — thus there became an actual townread. But it’s not a firm one and upon review there’s more reason to be concerned than I’d initially noticed.
k

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

my not-so-hot early reads: alien, tsaiah, jay likely to be town

alien for that Interesting wall post that i'm not going to respond to until i see MP7 do so. this may have an element of being biased to recent games, since alien was scum in WC1 and he was notably sort of timid. [mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention] this is your first game here, right? (can't say i agree about the slip, though)

jay for lines of questioning; i like the stankbutt accusation/thread because it tickles my funny bone and also makes some sort of sense. super liable to change but being a fan of my avatar is a bonus anyway

tsaiah is the one of the weaker reads outta these, because she has no problems faking tone as scum, but i like her read on MP7 even though i don't fully agree with it yet. not only do i think MP7 would be excitable as scum or town in this playerlist, i think that his posting comes off as sort of pressured and a lot of the content so far isn't really dealing with This Game, which makes excitability/thoughts/etc easier to fake. TBD
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm
No u Colin
Townread MP for now

"No u Colin"?

Was it that?

No, that post was a joke. The townread came from me liking his dogpee and viewing him as very similar to what I’d observed in Easter — thus there became an actual townread. But it’s not a firm one and upon review there’s more reason to be concerned than I’d initially noticed.
so

i've had dogpee explained to me once or twice because it became relevant during the game we played together, but i don't understand how it fits in here. has MP7 done anything that actually fits that description so far/what is it/did i just misunderstand the definition?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am resisting the instinct to give alien a lot of credit for the wall post. I appreciate the effort and even more the against-the-grain look at MP. I have a bit of an allergy to posts formatted in that manner though -- analysis consisting of numerous quotes from numerous players which aren't related by some consistent theme is something I have seen many mafia use to engage the thread actively without needing to have quite the direction and focus that a civilian needs.

This doesn't mean I find alien suspicious. I don't really. I am just holding up my garlic cloves warily.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’m using it to mean “enthusiastic posting at a high rate” but it may not be the dictionary definition

Return to “Previous Heists”