71%

Total votes: 17
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 1]

Post by S~V~S »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:30 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pmLinki w/kyle, I did read the post, several times. It was better than most people did And I think before you want to lynch someone on day one for shitty content, your own content should be better. That still sounds to me like someone trying to justify a vote for him.
strongly disagree.

if i think someone is making fake content for the sake of it i'm not going to be scared away from voting for them for it because i've done less. i didn't vote wolbre because i thought his amount of effort wasn't enough, i voted for him because i thought it was fake and shadowboxing.
But I disagree with you that he was making fake content. I thought it was pretty good compared to many. And I think your vote reason was disingenuous and reaching.

I get what you are saying; I just don't believe it to be true at this point.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'd like to take a look at Sig's role in the EOD mess when I have time. Even if I had not had a pre-existing suspicion against him, I thought his behavior was shady. He was the token player "not looking to lynch anyone in particular, just looking to lynch somebody. I never got a sense that he had an opinion on any of the wagons.

He seemed to be openly angling for a tie, which is a different subject that I don't care to touch at the moment.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:58 am
Dana wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 pm I have a few questions from way back in the thread:

What is supertowning?
What is a truth meta? Is it literally just saying "I'm gonna tell the truth"? Because isn't that the whole point of this game?

I'm still a few pages behind but I've been taking some notes and attempting to form some opinions so I will be back again soon but this game is wild.

Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm Who is @Dana ?
Hi, I am!
Supatowning is when somebody looks like they are making a huge amount of town effort. Very subjective.

Truth meta is when a person refuses to lie in games ever. They just hate doing it. If they are mafia they will say "I'm mafia" if you ask their alignment. If they are town they are confirmed by default when they claim. In this site only Glorfindel does that, afaik, and he's not playing. Enrique did say he has a truth meta "for only one game" but that doesn't make sense, because like you said, that's the point of the game.
Wow, I love this concept, I didn't realize it was a strategy. Lying stresses me out so much. How does it work out when that guy is bad and outs himself? Are his teammates just like "ok bye rip"? Do hosts try to give him good roles on purpose? Does he ever lie anyway and then everyone believes him? I guess that would defeat the purpose of his whole thing, but it's possible for him to do. This is a great thing to learn exists.
It's good to learn but please don't do it. Everybody hates it. You are basically refusing to play the game as it is.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 pm Wow, I love this concept, I didn't realize it was a strategy. Lying stresses me out so much. How does it work out when that guy is bad and outs himself? Are his teammates just like "ok bye rip"? Do hosts try to give him good roles on purpose? Does he ever lie anyway and then everyone believes him? I guess that would defeat the purpose of his whole thing, but it's possible for him to do. This is a great thing to learn exists.
Truth meta can destroy mafia games. Do not recommend.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Some people have specific truth metas too. I think Quin doesn't lie about what role he's got but he will lie about other things. Those kinds of truth metas are more tolerable.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 pm Some people have specific truth metas too. I think Quin doesn't lie about what role he's got but he will lie about other things. Those kinds of truth metas are more tolerable.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Juliets' Hogwarts ISO. This game was a month ago. Juliets was a civilian twice over. I counted four posts just on the first page of this ISO in which she took a harder stance than she has on anything in this game, and I didn't even make it to the end of the page. I invite others to have a look and tell me if they disagree.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

That's wild. I guess the point of the game if you are mafia is to not let people know that you are mafia, but how does that destroy the whole rest of the game? Wouldn't you just get yourself killed and then things can go on without you? But yeah, I guess that is not really playing the game then. Fair point.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm That's wild. I guess the point of the game if you are mafia is to not let people know that you are mafia, but how does that destroy the whole rest of the game? Wouldn't you just get yourself killed and then things can go on without you? But yeah, I guess that is not really playing the game then. Fair point.
What's your impression of this game so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Truth meta off topic stuff
Truth meta in general is kind of a refusal to play the game, as was said earlier. If you want to solve the game like it's a mystery instead of defending yourself and working within the confines of the game, then start up a PM conversation with the host and observe as a non-player. Or you could play games that are last man standing, which are more about popularity, challenges, and roles than hunting.

A mafia truther can ruin it for their whole team. A town truther can disrupt the flow of the hunt and the balance of the game as well.

There are various degrees of truthing, though. If I tell people in the game that, hey, I've got company today and won't be posting much, that's a truth meta for me because it's IRL stuff. I don't lie about that, and most if not all of the people here tell the truth about that stuff.

Hmmm I feel like writing an essay on mafia ethics.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:12 am Also again, asking people who were here eod to give their takes on what happened in here. That could help us who weren't understand it better.
The way I see, Wolbre made a direct challenge against a force no one controls and few really comprehend: people's will to make stupid wagons on Day 1. You don't challenge Day 1 like that. You must respect it, bow to it, do what it wants. It's an unforgiving mistress. If will spot a player making fun of its wrath and bury them under 10 bandwagon votes.

I don't blame anyone for voting Wolbre tbh. He literally begged for it. Though I'd still find it useful to figure out any people who did it while stating terrible reasons for it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm That's wild. I guess the point of the game if you are mafia is to not let people know that you are mafia, but how does that destroy the whole rest of the game? Wouldn't you just get yourself killed and then things can go on without you? But yeah, I guess that is not really playing the game then. Fair point.
If you are mafia you screw up your team, and the game's balance.

If you are town you just remove yourself out of discussion and force mafia to pick a time to kill you over someone else they might prefer to kill.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:30 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pmLinki w/kyle, I did read the post, several times. It was better than most people did And I think before you want to lynch someone on day one for shitty content, your own content should be better. That still sounds to me like someone trying to justify a vote for him.
strongly disagree.

if i think someone is making fake content for the sake of it i'm not going to be scared away from voting for them for it because i've done less. i didn't vote wolbre because i thought his amount of effort wasn't enough, i voted for him because i thought it was fake and shadowboxing.
But I disagree with you that he was making fake content. I thought it was pretty good compared to many. And I think your vote reason was disingenuous and reaching.
well yeah clearly he wasn't making fake content, it's easy to say that after the fact, knowing he was civ. i'm asking you, what part of his efforts looked to you like it was content that could only come from a civ? what part of it wouldn't have been easily replicable if he were mafia?
I get what you are saying; I just don't believe it to be true at this point.
i'm not worried about that, believe what you want. i'm more trying to figure out where you're coming from with your point of view on this
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:12 am Also again, asking people who were here eod to give their takes on what happened in here. That could help us who weren't understand it better.
The way I see, Wolbre made a direct challenge against a force no one controls and few really comprehend: people's will to make stupid wagons on Day 1. You don't challenge Day 1 like that. You must respect it, bow to it, do what it wants. It's an unforgiving mistress. If will spot a player making fun of its wrath and bury them under 10 bandwagon votes.

I don't blame anyone for voting Wolbre tbh. He literally begged for it. Though I'd still find it useful to figure out any people who did it while stating terrible reasons for it.
I skimmed that EOD and it was some of the most hilarious play I've ever seen. Terrible decisions were made, but it was hilarious. [mention]wolbre04[/mention] you are my hero this game. Please play more with us.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I voted for Auriel Unmysterium.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:55 pm

I skimmed that EOD and it was some of the most hilarious play I've ever seen. Terrible decisions were made, but it was hilarious. wolbre04 you are my hero this game. Please play more with us.
What's your read on Sloonei? What's your read on anyone not named Sloonei?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:47 pm Juliets' Hogwarts ISO. This game was a month ago. Juliets was a civilian twice over. I counted four posts just on the first page of this ISO in which she took a harder stance than she has on anything in this game, and I didn't even make it to the end of the page. I invite others to have a look and tell me if they disagree.
Which 4? That first page also goes into Day 2.

But can you point out which 4, because I did not see it.

She will ask you to do that too, I am sure, may as well do it now. I did see that she said this in there, too.
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:54 pm You are not wrong DH. I want people to talk about what they are thinking when they say things that seem vague to me and I want to understand both sides of the story so I rarely take an accusatory tone. Also it's my nature to ask things politely unless someone has said something hurtful about others.

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:52 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:28 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm
So you are voting DH because he was a civilian in the a completely different game and you suspected him there?
I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (that could be a thing; I would need to have played more games with him to test this theory).

But I think he's being different.
So Owner, I am reading through your posts and I didn't see any further explanation but my apologies if you've already answered this. You say:
1. You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
OR
2. DH reads scummy in every game but you haven't played enough games with him to know (I personally don't think he reads scummy here)
OR
3. You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?

I know people have already commented about your suspecting DH for his play in another game where you thought he was bad but he was really civ, but I'll just add to the comments anyway: if you have other reasons (item number 1) please state them because the reasons you give here don't make a lot of sense to me. If you've already stated what "my reasons" are just point me to that post.
No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.

This is my 2nd game with DH. Certain behaviors, I'll find scummy most of the time. I'm not sure if they are alignment indicative, but working to figure out what the edges of his meta look like.

He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.

There are a few instances where DH is approaching the situation as I should know better. As if I someone is silently saying are you really gonna play this way again? Which, I've run into in the past when I have tunneled others, but it's difficult to know if someone is still within a particular meta.

If I'm alive, DH gets a fresh look at tomorrow based on the posts he makes tomorrow.
OK here it is a page or so later, Mondo Primo Garbo lets lynch Owner tomorrow fam.
Just to keep my Ratio of "Being a Self Important Asshole to Being Legitimately Smart" intact, behold:

Juliets asks Owner some real easy softball questions that are very typical of Juliets, she likes to try and get people to talk through their shit. (Am I wrong, JC?)

Instead of answering even one of those questions here's what we get:

Q: You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
A: No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.
DH: So? Dodging the Question Meta. Juliets asked you why you suspect me, what she didn't say was "Convince everyone in the thread to lynch DH now." Saying "I have my reasons" is intentionally vague and dangerously so.

Q: You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?
A: He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.
DH: Different how? Like a clown? Different like a clown, like I'm here to amuse you? It's my job to amuse you? Juliets doesn't care here *if* you think I'm acting "Different", the meat on this question is "How is he acting different and why is that significant" Two questions you dodged. Neo out here.

I don't even understand this last bit

There are a few instances where DH is approaching the situation as I should know better. As if I someone is silently saying are you really gonna play this way again? Which, I've run into in the past when I have tunneled others, but it's difficult to know if someone is still within a particular meta.
1. What instances
2. Better than what
3. Who would fuckin' dare tell me how to play mafia
4. Meta is trash please recycle.
[mention]Kylemii[/mention] where I'm coming from is that I thought your reason for voting for Wolbre sounded made up and like a vote looking for a reason, which is generally not a civvie kinda thing. I am sorry if I was not clear about that.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 pmWow, I love this concept, I didn't realize it was a strategy. Lying stresses me out so much. How does it work out when that guy is bad and outs himself? Are his teammates just like "ok bye rip"? Do hosts try to give him good roles on purpose? Does he ever lie anyway and then everyone believes him? I guess that would defeat the purpose of his whole thing, but it's possible for him to do. This is a great thing to learn exists.
it actually just doesn't work at all. glorfindel has talked about how his meta still stresses him out a lot. for him it's not even a gameplay strategy, it's a real life conviction that he brings into the game with him at his own expense.

lately he's been trying to subvert it by not answering questions about his own alignment, and i think most people are respecting that choice for the good of the community, and for the good of glorfindel.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pm @DDL, so you cannot tell me what you liked about the case you said you liked except for, "Juliets is nice and passive, and baddies (generically,not specifically her) have been known to hide behind that?
I read Sloonei's case and agreed with all of it. Not much I can do except paraphrase it. Juliets is not saying things and is mostly just asking questions and agreeing with people, like others said.

But she does that every game.

I'm just scratching my head over how to crack juliets's playstyle tbh.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:34 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am Summary of my suspects: timmer, Sloonei, Tranq, INH, Luna.
:omg: PLAYA SALAD!

(joking, sort of.)
Is it joking or is it not?

@ColinIsCool I'm not caught up, but I'm curious as to if whether you have elaborated on all of those people at one time or another or not.
It’s a summary of comments made during the preceding catch-up posts.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 pm
It's insane and a little hard to follow, honestly. I caught up last night and tried not to skim too much but still didn't really know what was going on. It's difficult to play with so many people in general, and I would say about two thirds are complete strangers to me. That last second lynch made me a little uncomfortable but that guy was acting kind of strange I guess. Again, I don't know how he acts normally so I can't really say if it was normal for him or not, but it seemed a little aggressive to me. Maybe that is just his sense of humor like others have been saying. I don't love the idea of having to trust everyone else to know if people are acting out of character or not, but I also don't want to read every past game, you know?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 pm
Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 pmWow, I love this concept, I didn't realize it was a strategy. Lying stresses me out so much. How does it work out when that guy is bad and outs himself? Are his teammates just like "ok bye rip"? Do hosts try to give him good roles on purpose? Does he ever lie anyway and then everyone believes him? I guess that would defeat the purpose of his whole thing, but it's possible for him to do. This is a great thing to learn exists.
it actually just doesn't work at all. glorfindel has talked about how his meta still stresses him out a lot. for him it's not even a gameplay strategy, it's a real life conviction that he brings into the game with him at his own expense.

lately he's been trying to subvert it by not answering questions about his own alignment, and i think most people are respecting that choice for the good of the community, and for the good of glorfindel.

That failed spetacularly last game and now he's probably not playing mafia again, except for maybe that stump game from Epi.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:57 pm@Kylemii where I'm coming from is that I thought your reason for voting for Wolbre sounded made up and like a vote looking for a reason, which is generally not a civvie kinda thing. I am sorry if I was not clear about that.
thank you, but that's not what i asked

i'm asking you what it is about wolbres posts that you, independently of me or my thoughts and opinions, found to be specifically indicative of civ effort in wolbres posts?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:03 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 pm

That failed spetacularly last game and now he's probably not playing mafia again, except for maybe that stump game from Epi.
oh no :(
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:47 pm Juliets' Hogwarts ISO. This game was a month ago. Juliets was a civilian twice over. I counted four posts just on the first page of this ISO in which she took a harder stance than she has on anything in this game, and I didn't even make it to the end of the page. I invite others to have a look and tell me if they disagree.
Which 4? That first page also goes into Day 2.

But can you point out which 4, because I did not see it.

She will ask you to do that too, I am sure, may as well do it now. I did see that she said this in there, too.
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
This is the post in question:
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.
so you know you're on different teams :ponder:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
I was just looking back over everything Epi said to me and I came to the same conclusion. It seemed like a natural reaction. And I didn't feel Epi was "digging" at me so I'm somewhat confused by Jay on this vote.
Does her own investigation into Something, and comes up with an original opinion on Epi and Jay.
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:40 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm I was just looking back over everything Epi said to me and I came to the same conclusion. It seemed like a natural reaction. And I didn't feel Epi was "digging" at me so I'm somewhat confused by Jay on this vote.
Epignosis said you're not on his team. Regardless of his meaning, that can be perceived as an accusation (Epignosis is a civilian accusing juliets of not being a civilian). Quin seemed to recognize the distinction as intended, but went to Epi is a mafioso and is accusing juliets of being a civilian instead -- or at least that's the implication I draw from the tone of Quin's ponder emoji response. It's silly, almost to the point of saying "Epi slipped", and it looked fake.

Highlighted portion: why?
Because if Quin interpreted Epi's comment as a slip, his question seemed like a natural follow-up.
Doubles down on the same stance when prodded by Jay, with a bonus stance on Quin as well, if I'm reading this correctly.
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:36 am Lynch me you pussies
Never, unless you convince me you are bad.

I noticed you voted for Turnip Head but I couldn't find your reasoning. Would you share why you voted for him?
Apparent town read on Mac.
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 pm Hi everyone -

Could someone tell me what it is about Long Con that is landing him so many votes? I scanned back through the thread but nothing jumped out at me, but I feel like there must be something big I'm missing.

I tend to believe that Owner did get confused about the Dark Arts and Deathly Hallows. There is a lot of content in the set-up and I know I can't remember it all.

I already mentioned I was civ in the thread in a more normal context but I don't mind saying it again - I am civ or if you prefer, I am town.

I am toying with the idea of voting for Jay for what he said in the post where he voted for Quin. It just seemed to lack normal logic or something and I don't think of that as a civ Jay trait. I'll re-read him when I come back.

Be back later.
Supports Owner. Suspects Jay.

This is where I stopped in my initial scan. I'll keep going now:
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:23 am good morning everyone -

There's been a lot about Jay posted over the evening/night and after reading it all I'm less inclined to vote for him today. He mentions a "breakdown" and I don't know if that is true but when I couple it with the fact he said supatown Jay is dead it puts me off voting for him. I know from discord how busy he is and how he is immersed in his studies and barely comes up for air. Maybe these things are why he does not appear to be the civ Jay I know. I'm still not wild about his logic for voting Quin but willing to overlook that at this point in the game in the hopes we have a town Jay - maybe not supatown, but at least town.

Glorf I think mentioned Quin as being off (a little disagreeable or something like that) but that has recently been indicative of his town game. Also I think his sense of humor can sometimes be misconstrued (sp?). Someone described his town behavior perfectly in a past game and I'll try and find it.

I don't know at this point who I'll be voting for. I have some analysis to do.
Expanded thoughts on Jay and Glorfindel. Has changed her read on Jay.
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm
So you are voting DH because he was a civilian in the a completely different game and you suspected him there?
I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (that could be a thing; I would need to have played more games with him to test this theory).

But I think he's being different.
So Owner, I am reading through your posts and I didn't see any further explanation but my apologies if you've already answered this. You say:
1. You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
OR
2. DH reads scummy in every game but you haven't played enough games with him to know (I personally don't think he reads scummy here)
OR
3. You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?

I know people have already commented about your suspecting DH for his play in another game where you thought he was bad but he was really civ, but I'll just add to the comments anyway: if you have other reasons (item number 1) please state them because the reasons you give here don't make a lot of sense to me. If you've already stated what "my reasons" are just point me to that post.
Not a stance, but I love this post, and i'd say that my bigger concern with juliets is the absence of this sort of content. She has a three-layered question sandwich for Owner and then she shares her own thoughts on the situation to explain the mindset behind the questions.
Compare to her posts in this game, where (I feel) she is asking a lot of very surface level questions which neither provide or elucidate much insight.

I'll stop now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 pm
It's insane and a little hard to follow, honestly. I caught up last night and tried not to skim too much but still didn't really know what was going on. It's difficult to play with so many people in general, and I would say about two thirds are complete strangers to me. That last second lynch made me a little uncomfortable but that guy was acting kind of strange I guess. Again, I don't know how he acts normally so I can't really say if it was normal for him or not, but it seemed a little aggressive to me. Maybe that is just his sense of humor like others have been saying. I don't love the idea of having to trust everyone else to know if people are acting out of character or not, but I also don't want to read every past game, you know?
Don't worry about reading everything in this thread. I find that often just leads to folks getting stuck in an endless game of catch-up. This is just my personal experience, but I find it's better to pick a few key areas of discussion and focus on them to work my way into a game when I'm behind, rather than to try to wrap my head around everything at once. Or perhaps pick out a player or two to focus on. Or don't listen to me at all, and do whatever works for you because everyone's got their own style. :beer:

That lynch was definitely wild and I'm not sure what happened. I regret that I did not have a clearer head, as I was primarily focused on not dying. I did not like any of the options, but I was too hyper to really pay attention to which players were acting shady.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:56 pm What's your read on Sloonei? What's your read on anyone not named Sloonei?
Decent guy. His play reminds me of his Mega Man mafia play, which I dearly wanted to lynch him over at the time. Some isolated things about the way he defends himself seem scummy, but just based on what I've read I'm pretty sure he's town. He does have an odd way of talking in third person, though.

I also agreed with his case on Juliets. I was already looking at her because of a post after the D1 lynch where she apologized like, really hard. Looked like scum guilt. I don't know whether she voted on his lynch or not, though. Light-to-mid scumread there.

Epi is town.

Nutella is town.

DDL... I'm leaning town.

Leaning town on Luna as well. I think I'm starting to get a handle on her playstyle. It's mostly a gut feel based on how snarky and up-front she's been about her play, in the few posts I've seen. Very transparent in playstyle, in her defense of Wolbre and everyone's reaction to that.

So there's a few. I want to read over some Colin stuff next, I think. If you have any suggestions for me to skim ISOs of today (tonight?) then I'm game.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

CAUGHT UP! GLORY!

Ok I pretty much commented on stuff as it went on, skipping anything that sounded too minor to deserve its own post.

First of all, this night end time is godawful to me and there's no way I can be here at the time, so I apologize if I wasn't here last EoD, and for the fact I'll probably miss all EoDs. Unless the hosts pull the end back like 3 hours, which I don't know if they can/want.

Second, I mostly agree on cases made on Sloonei, like Epi's, and really think he is saying a little too much on his posts sometimes. Like he's using flowery language and agreeing/disagreeing with everything at once to look like he's doing work. That said I also kind of like the point about his post count being too high for mafia (though that could be wrong) and I think his defenses are reasonable and I also think Mac's tinfoil theory on him and G-man is crazy. So put Sloonei as a slightly bad read to me, not a strong one.

Still think Tranq looks like crap. Need to see more from G-Man to be sure.

Mac still looks civ. Quin also looks very civ, I think I have the same Quindar that Speed does (inb4 Speed thinks he's bad). Getting a pingy feel from sabie, I think he/she's a little too hands off from the game, but could be just a fish-out-of-water thing.

DH feels less contributive than before this game but that might as well be a good thing because lately he's made a habit of putting huge contributions while being bad. I feel like I need to say something about DH because he's pretty much TS' Public Enemy #1 after the last few games.

Not really feeling anyone else, I'll bring the next serving of salad when I do.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 pm Mac still looks civ. Quin also looks very civ, I think I have the same Quindar that Speed does (inb4 Speed thinks he's bad).
I have read almost nothing by quin, but haven't been pinged by his EOD stuff.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oddly enough, Mac's wackass tinfoil on me last night is the most civilian thing he's done all game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH feels less contributive than before this game but that might as well be a good thing because lately he's made a habit of putting huge contributions while being bad. I feel like I need to say something about DH because he's pretty much TS' Public Enemy #1 after the last few games.
Socky's are just around the corner everyone. Get out the vote!

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'd vote for:

Tranq
Juliets
Doc
Sloonei

Not necessarily in that order and subject to change if I read something that shifts my opinions.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 pm CAUGHT UP! GLORY!

Ok I pretty much commented on stuff as it went on, skipping anything that sounded too minor to deserve its own post.

First of all, this night end time is godawful to me and there's no way I can be here at the time, so I apologize if I wasn't here last EoD, and for the fact I'll probably miss all EoDs. Unless the hosts pull the end back like 3 hours, which I don't know if they can/want.

Second, I mostly agree on cases made on Sloonei, like Epi's, and really think he is saying a little too much on his posts sometimes. Like he's using flowery language and agreeing/disagreeing with everything at once to look like he's doing work. That said I also kind of like the point about his post count being too high for mafia (though that could be wrong) and I think his defenses are reasonable and I also think Mac's tinfoil theory on him and G-man is crazy. So put Sloonei as a slightly bad read to me, not a strong one.

Still think Tranq looks like crap. Need to see more from G-Man to be sure.

Mac still looks civ. Quin also looks very civ, I think I have the same Quindar that Speed does (inb4 Speed thinks he's bad). Getting a pingy feel from sabie, I think he/she's a little too hands off from the game, but could be just a fish-out-of-water thing.

Not really feeling anyone else, I'll bring the next serving of salad when I do.
The timing doesnt really work for me either. I was asleep while everything went down. Before I went to bed wolbre wasnt even being accused yet. That whole thing confused me as to how it went down so quickly. From what I can tell some of it seemed to stem from people wanting votes off of themselves. Do we know who voted where by the end of the poll?

I also did see some people questioning the wilgy votes and I explained why I voted him. I always thought it was deemed not acceptable to just randomly vote and never announce or explain and then just run away the rest of the day. If I'm wrong you may correct me. Even if someone has done that before I dont get why that's okay and to me it seems like a way to avoid being detected as bad. If everyone just randomly voted and then went away there would be no game.

I am not a big talker initially in a game especially with so many people and my couple year hiatus due to brain surgery. I do my best to keep up and see what's going on. I don't have a computer so it's hard for me to type out really long posts. I do apologize that logistically it's hard for me to carry on long conversations in this game. I know a few people but for the most part not familiar with many or the previous games or playstyles. So that's why you haven't seen a lot of my posts but I am paying attention and am definitley trying to get back into the swing of things.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Doc jumping in EOD and then ducking out proves to me that it is an intentional choice to be under the radar and not participate, and that his teammate(s) busted his balls to get him to come in and vote to save his ass.

Easily the most solid lead to come out of D1

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

and btw I am a girl so she is fine haha
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Oh I do see the poll pinned on the first page. Wolbre voted for themself? Okay then.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sig popped up about 20 minutes before the deadline. Here's what he did:
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 am So I disagree with nutellas idea that as mafia sloonie wouldn't start a cfd. Its a common mafia strategy even if there are other wagons.
Adds kindling to the Sloonei pyre with minimal justification.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:46 am With sloobie at 3 votes there's no reason for this level of freak out by him. It's very pingy.

Does anyone else see this
Misrepresents the reality of the thread, throws more shade at Sloonei. I can't say whether or not this was an intentional misrepresentation.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:46 am I will vote for wolbre over wilgy.
Why
A question. Good and fair.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:49 am How mad would everyone be if I made this a three way, asking for a friend
Pledges himself to team chaos 12 minutes before the deadline.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:49 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:46 am I will vote for wolbre over wilgy.
Why
Because I've liked the wilgy "case" less and less. He's the option people default to when they don't want to take actual responsibility for their votes. wolbre has done things in the last 10 minutes that can actually be criticized. And I need to not get lynched myself.
Kinda like me then.......who you tried to lynch. :p
For the record, I was referring to wilgy specifically in this game, not General Wilgy. So to compare Wilgy, against whom there was no substantial case, to sig, against whom there was a substantial case, is nonsense. But I understand that sig and others interpreted my post as saying that Wilgy is typically a player who is targeted by lazy Day 1 votes. But that's not actually what I was saying in my post. I do not fault sig for reading it that way, but I don't love this post either.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:55 am [VOTE: sloonie] aubergine

Let's tie this up
Chaos vote for sloonei.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 am Voting Dr. Wilgy. Incase he's bad. Cause I don't thin Wolbre is.
Hate this
Seems like an introduction of suspicion against luna and implied support of wilgy. He promptly changes his vote to the more serious counterwagon, wolbre
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:59 am We need another vote on bren a combo of his switch to wily and lunad vote is something I dislike
He appears to have taken a firm stance: wolbre is a better option than wilgy. This is essentially the same boat that I was in. Neither wolbre nor wilgy were good options, but wilgy seemed like a terrible option, whereas wolbre just seemed like a moderately bad one.

Looking at these posts again, I appreciate that sig reached a definitive stance. This is not what I remembered in my hazy recollection of the deadline. He looks better than I initially thought, but I'd like to hear what his reads are now that the dust is settled. [mention]sig[/mention], what are your reads on luna, wilgy, me, and anyone else who stood out to you at the deadline yesterday?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I believe LC and BR are planning on moving the deadline up a few hours moving forward, for those that found last night difficult. This night phase is only 21 hours long, so I would guess that it will be moving up 2 or 3 hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:05 pm @sprityo you got any lukewarm takes from the backseat while you're with us?
Not a clue my dude
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm I believe LC and BR are planning on moving the deadline up a few hours moving forward, for those that found last night difficult. This night phase is only 21 hours long, so I would guess that it will be moving up 2 or 3 hours.
That might be a little more doable.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm I believe LC and BR are planning on moving the deadline up a few hours moving forward, for those that found last night difficult. This night phase is only 21 hours long, so I would guess that it will be moving up 2 or 3 hours.
Do you have any thoughts on anybody in the game so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

... that you haven't already shared, of course. i know you've said things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I skimmed that EOD and it was some of the most hilarious play I've ever seen. Terrible decisions were made, but it was hilarious. @wolbre04 you are my hero this game. Please play more with us.
Lol u mafia
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:55 pm

I skimmed that EOD and it was some of the most hilarious play I've ever seen. Terrible decisions were made, but it was hilarious. @wolbre04 you are my hero this game. Please play more with us.
Lol u mafia
It wouldn't be a mafia game without you falsely accusing me early on. :grin:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:52 pm
sabie12 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:50 pm
Do you have any thoughts on anybody in the game so far?
I am working right now so I'm logging off for a bit but I can get back to you on this.
~Darren Shan~
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:36 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 am Tbh I would say that the above posts look like preemptive TMI/ass-covering, but TMI isn't as much a thing in a two-scum-team game so idk and also sloonei's town but idk about luna.
Too much flip-flopping. I think nutella is bad.

:grin:
Wait, Colin did the same thing of, "oh that could look bad, but there are two teams, so nvm" Just not in the same post like nutella did.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:46 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 am I always self destruct under pressure look back at the Peloponnesian war mafia game where I was town
:( Imma bet wolbre's town.
:ponder:
:ponder:
Did you have an actual question about this or you just trying to throw shade?
It looks like an attempt at earning credit post-lynch. But then again, there are 2 teams, so nvm.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DDL was making a joke there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Do you know offhand what time EST that will be?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:06 pm
Do you know offhand what time EST that will be?
if its 3 hours before the last EOD, like 9pm EST

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

9pm EST I believe
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”