FTL Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

It's 2112. Get with the times! Who gets treasure?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MacDougall
10%
motobot
10%
Myo
No votes
nutella
10%
sig
No votes
Sloonei
10%
Geddy Lee (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 57

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:17 pm What you might be viewing as vague irritation is just my general mannerism, and probably how my sarcasm can come off. I'm a prickly sort. I get more irritated at a lack of good content as town, then as randing scum in this game state.
So do you believe that my read on you was genuine then?
You could genuinely be using that as your reasoning behind wanting to lynch me, as either alignment. I lean towards it coming from scum given how you're trying to construct a narrative around a vague sense of irritation on someone you habe little meta on, when irritation isn't particularly AI.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

sig
Spoiler: show
sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 pm Eh, I guess that was an assumption rather than what it actually says.

Also Myo and sig are mafia partners, discuss
Yes, they seem scummy. :eye:
sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm Myo is my favorite player, 10/10 buddying accepted.

Mac seems civvie.
Nanook seems meh, this time I'm right I swear. :p
I wanna lynch Sloonie, for reasons,
LC, since I've gotten away from my roots of always lynching him and him usually, sometimes, kinda always being mafia.
Ted, since I never wanna lynch Ted and I think it'll be a fun way to start the game.
Contrary to his objections, sig's style isn't really too different from mine. His day 1's typically feature widespread accusations based on minor events. These posts reflect that. There's a mix of town and mafia reads, but the suspicions are derived from small Day 0/1 events. So :meany:
sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 pm If either Mac or LC are mafia the other is most likely mafia as well. LC breaking the tie away from Mac is definitely a move both/one would come up with as an easy distancing maneuver early game.
This doesn't seem like an atypical thought for sig.

sig wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 pm I'm surprised that Daisy hasn't done much today given that she won the last poll.
nanook called him out for this, and it was legitimate observation. To this point it did not appear that Daisy was aware the game had started. Why sig felt the need to make this post, I do not know.
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm Moved my vote back to ted
Humor me, why ted?

Why not an inactive player.
The implicit angle that I/we should be lynching an inactive player today does not sit well with me, but I have an easier time accepting it from sig than I would from some others. He sees different things in the game than other folks. It gets him in hot water all the time, but he is not without his method.

Light green.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 pm Oh no I need to poop! Fuck.
[VOTE: mac] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 70

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:33 pm sig
sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 pm Eh, I guess that was an assumption rather than what it actually says.

Also Myo and sig are mafia partners, discuss
Yes, they seem scummy. :eye:
sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm Myo is my favorite player, 10/10 buddying accepted.

Mac seems civvie.
Nanook seems meh, this time I'm right I swear. :p
I wanna lynch Sloonie, for reasons,
LC, since I've gotten away from my roots of always lynching him and him usually, sometimes, kinda always being mafia.
Ted, since I never wanna lynch Ted and I think it'll be a fun way to start the game.
Contrary to his objections, sig's style isn't really too different from mine. His day 1's typically feature widespread accusations based on minor events. These posts reflect that. There's a mix of town and mafia reads, but the suspicions are derived from small Day 0/1 events. So :meany:
sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 pm If either Mac or LC are mafia the other is most likely mafia as well. LC breaking the tie away from Mac is definitely a move both/one would come up with as an easy distancing maneuver early game.
This doesn't seem like an atypical thought for sig.

sig wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 pm I'm surprised that Daisy hasn't done much today given that she won the last poll.
nanook called him out for this, and it was legitimate observation. To this point it did not appear that Daisy was aware the game had started. Why sig felt the need to make this post, I do not know.
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm Moved my vote back to ted
Humor me, why ted?

Why not an inactive player.
The implicit angle that I/we should be lynching an inactive player today does not sit well with me, but I have an easier time accepting it from sig than I would from some others. He sees different things in the game than other folks. It gets him in hot water all the time, but he is not without his method.

Light green.
But when I do it it's whimsical and fun. When you do it, it's shady and scummy. :srsnod:
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

I think Soneji is fake tunneling me because he thinks it'll be town read versus getting off the read which is actually what an actual town would do at this point given that he initially suspected me for something that he has actually revealed is a totally reasonable observation I made.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lynching me on day 1 on this the day of my daughter's wedding would be a pretty bad lynch because I'm going to get night killed on night 1 probably anyway.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Didn't we just mislynch Mac like D1 in a game?

Also Nutella is here. Hey Nutella.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

actually think Soneji's response is pretty likely town
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 pm Didn't we just mislynch Mac like D1 in a game?

It's become a fairly common thing to be honest. I think people think they have meta on me but they don't realise that I genuinely have multiple personalities.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei I still haven't pooped so you should unvote me til I poop.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 pm
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 pm Didn't we just mislynch Mac like D1 in a game?

It's become a fairly common thing to be honest. I think people think they have meta on me but they don't realise that I genuinely have multiple personalities.
Well good you deserve it for always targeting me with night actions. :p
ImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:35 pm I think Soneji is fake tunneling me because he thinks it'll be town read versus getting off the read which is actually what an actual town would do at this point given that he initially suspected me for something that he has actually revealed is a totally reasonable observation I made.
I can tell playing with you is going to be a constant test of my patience.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Legacy reads:

ColinIsCool - Scum
Dragonella- Lock town
Jackofhearts2005 - Town
JiwonMeganPark - Town
Long Con - Town
MacDougall - Scum
motobot - Town
Myo - Town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Scum
ig - Scum
Sloonei - Scum
Soneji - Scum
Spacedaisy - Scum
tedxtr - Scum
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:35 pm I think Soneji is fake tunneling me because he thinks it'll be town read versus getting off the read which is actually what an actual town would do at this point given that he initially suspected me for something that he has actually revealed is a totally reasonable observation I made.
Maybe mafia just generally is not the game for you snowflake boi.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 pm This is great—now we TK the drago/nutella slot, and if it flips mafia, awesome! If it flips town, we get nutella 2.0 in the Colin slot.

What could go wrong!
This is sarcasm?

Since if so you should move your vote, if not that's dumb.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey look Soneji has three votes!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Much has been made of soneji's first big post already. My position is that it's too early to tell what to make of that. It was a seed-planting post. Seeds need time to grow. Since then he's been the only thing close to a sustained suspect in the thread.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:59 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:32 pm
3. Soneji’s comment about sloonei’s “why does this exist” post felt kind of off to me. He called it clarifying, it didn’t feel like clarifying to me. It felt like an accusation. Also the rest of his post felt like a lot of questions that can make it appear like he’s doing more hunting than he actually was. Feeling a little bad about him, and possible he is covering for Sloonei?
I said Sloonei in most of his play/accusations has been looking to get clarification about vague reads/odd statements, those being sig's reasoning for wanting to lynch Sloonei and what ted meant by saying they felt they had a permanent demo version of wolf chat. As for looking like I'm doing more hunting than I actually am, that is a common sentiment by people unused to how I play as town especially early on if I'm content starved. I prod things most find irrelevant or don't think are a big deal, they all have a purpose to me however small.
This is not an incorrect Sloonei read, but the caveat is that a mafia player would have an easier time reading my energy since they know my alignment. I don't object to this post, but it doesn't exude civilian energy either.

quote=Soneji post_id=610104 time=1590710387 user_id=392]
Mac what would you know about my energy to tell if it's off? That's some vague bullshit if I've ever seen it.
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 pm I'd like to suggest the primary focus of day 1 be deciding between lynching Long Con, Soneji and if you feel like it you can throw me into the debate for some spice.
Day 1 ends in less than two hours Mac.
[/quote]
This frustration is probably genuine, but they doesn''t mean much for his alignment.

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:09 pm When I made the chain of lynches post I thought to myself "this is suspicious to noobs". So for Soneji to be the one to suspect and then vote me for it is both a surprise and also scummy.
The post is bad in general Mac if you have any intention of actually following that plan. Nor is my vote on you solely for that post, but your bad LC policy lynch push and overall bad feel for this town leader act you've been putting on.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:17 pm What you might be viewing as vague irritation is just my general mannerism, and probably how my sarcasm can come off. I'm a prickly sort. I get more irritated at a lack of good content as town, then as randing scum in this game state.
So do you believe that my read on you was genuine then?
You could genuinely be using that as your reasoning behind wanting to lynch me, as either alignment. I lean towards it coming from scum given how you're trying to construct a narrative around a vague sense of irritation on someone you habe little meta on, when irritation isn't particularly AI.
These posts, however give me a slight town lean on Soneji. I don't know if mafia soneji picks this fight with mac in this way. Mac has suggested that he's fake-tunneling to score townie points. That's not impossible, but I have no explicit reason to believe it's the case. The simpler answer is that Soneji doesn't like the way that Mac is pushing him and has decided to regard him as dishonest. I can see either of them being either alignment in this exchange.

I would not be inclined to lynch soneji today because I think he'll be easier to sort in a day or two.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

We have an hour where is everyone else
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I echo Sloonei's thoughts on Soneji and would prefer not to lynch there first
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:40 pm
I've only been playing it for seven years, on many sites :rolleyes:

I just don't care for the obnoxious.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah I don't really want to lynch Soneji. I was literally the person who asked him to come play a game here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:47 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:40 pm
I've only been playing it for seven years, on many sites :rolleyes:

I just don't care for the obnoxious.
I'm far from obnoxious. I am just cantankerous. Perhaps bombastic. And a little bit eccentric.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

from what I remember, I'm not inspired. With LC I don't necessarily expect him to be particularly inspiring this early, but I have zero reason to see town in any of his posts and I don't think that's the case for almost any other player.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So I'm just gonna tunnel LC til EOD. If anyone wants to do that I'm down. Otherwise you're wrong and my enemy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Space Day Z
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:32 pm I had multiquoted things that stood out to me as I was going and then my browser signed me out, so that’s annoying. I’m at work so I’m just going to try and recall as best I can atm.

1. I like the look of Jack atm. His vote for me, and subsequent move to someone else inactive is a method I approve of. This early in the game is the best time to vote for an inactive unless you have a solid reason to suspect someone else. I also felt like a jokey exchange between he and a Mac earlier made me feel like they are either civ/wolf or civ/civ combo. I’m leaning civ on both but more strongly feel civ vibes from Jack.

2. This might sound a little weird after #1, but I didn’t like the lengths sig went to explain that he wouldn’t normally vote an inactive but this time... etc. It felt a little like he was covering his ass before a controversial vote. Over explanation, if you will.

3. Soneji’s comment about sloonei’s “why does this exist” post felt kind of off to me. He called it clarifying, it didn’t feel like clarifying to me. It felt like an accusation. Also the rest of his post felt like a lot of questions that can make it appear like he’s doing more hunting than he actually was. Feeling a little bad about him, and possible he is covering for Sloonei?

Just a caveat, I was reading the thread at work, there is the chance I mixed up what was from which poster. I can’t look now because I’m headed to lunch and I’ve got a thing over my lunch. Those are my thoughts at the moment. I’ll vote after work.
Nearly all of her content is contained in one big ketchup post. I don't disagree with the Jack read, nor do I object to the line about sig. I'm a bit wary that Soneji has become an easy target for folks to pile onto (or he's scum and they're going to leap at the opportunity I am providing to redirect the momentum against him), so I don't love point 3 as much. "He looks like doing more hunting than he actually is" is a fairly generic accusation that can be thrown around without needing to be applied to anything specific.

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 pm Voting for an inactive player at this stage in this game would be like throwing darts at a board while blindfolded and drunk.
Inactive players lose civs the game at the end, better to deal with them at the start if you don't have something better to go on. That is my opinion, has been for ages and will continue to be. Now I'm off to run a Star Trek rpg over my lunch and then rush back to work. I'll probably be too busy until work gets out at 6 my time to check back before then.
This isn't untrue, but I was making an observation about this game in particular. I'm slightly wary of a player who advocates for blanket suspicion against "inactive players" when that pool is so large right now, even if daisy herself could be considered a member of it.

There is not enough here for me to call Daisy a town read. Light orange.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella is so scared of Mac that we have mind melded constantly this game and she still thinks I'm sketchy and weird. That's respect right there.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]nutella[/mention] don't you think that what Sloonei is doing is actually scummy? What the fuck is the point of all this shit on page 7? This is usually a scum tell for Jay. Is it not for Sloonei?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 pm @nutella don't you think that what Sloonei is doing is actually scummy? What the fuck is the point of all this shit on page 7? This is usually a scum tell for Jay. Is it not for Sloonei?
It's beep boop, but nothing else is happening so I don't see why he shouldn't do it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 pm @nutella don't you think that what Sloonei is doing is actually scummy? What the fuck is the point of all this shit on page 7? This is usually a scum tell for Jay. Is it not for Sloonei?
You seemed just fine with the idea that these last two hours were good enough for a primary focus on some players, yet Sloonei is bad for doing ISOs atm? This day phase has been rather unproductive, it's not like Sloonei is doing this in the midst of a high energy EoD with strong lynch candidates. If anything the analysis could provide us with a good candidate.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm not ISOing ted because I've already talked to/about him more than anyone else. He's a town read, as explained here. I guess I also need a nutella read now too. Here's a temporary rainbow:

Myo
Jack
ted
motobot

Jiwon
Nanook

sig
mac
Soneji

Colin
Dragotella

Spacedaisy
Long Con
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:54 pm
It's beep boop, but nothing else is happening so I don't see why he shouldn't do it
This is exactly why I started it. But things have started happening, kind of. I wanted to see it through. I have town reads now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Was mislynched in the turbo day 1. Omens lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:57 pm
You seemed just fine with the idea that these last two hours were good enough for a primary focus on some players, yet Sloonei is bad for doing ISOs atm? This day phase has been rather unproductive, it's not like Sloonei is doing this in the midst of a high energy EoD with strong lynch candidates. If anything the analysis could provide us with a good candidate.
If you are so bothered by my obnoxiousness you should just stop interacting with me for a while. What you're doing right now is putting coins in the pis you off machine buddy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

RE: soneji, I do think his prickly response to early suspicion could be an indication that he has inactive teammates, if he is indeed bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: long con] aubergine because I feel less bad lynching him Day 1 than I would daisy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Pretty sure we have scum Sloonei with us. Might as well end the game because nobody will believe me. Especially Nutella who perpetually lives in Sloonei's pocket.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:00 pm
If you are so bothered by my obnoxiousness you should just stop interacting with me for a while. What you're doing right now is putting coins in the pis you off machine buddy.
You seem very insulted by my comment, was it truly you being a snowflake in this situation? Mafia works just fine for me because I can move past my dislike of a player/posting style to play the game, and I'm not about to stay quiet when you're pushing suspicion I disagree with.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:06 pm Pretty sure we have scum Sloonei with us. Might as well end the game because nobody will believe me. Especially Nutella who perpetually lives in Sloonei's pocket.
That last sentence just isn't even close to any reality we've ever lived in.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:06 pm Pretty sure we have scum Sloonei with us. Might as well end the game because nobody will believe me. Especially Nutella who perpetually lives in Sloonei's pocket.
Yknow I could come around. His point about soneji and inactives seemed weird after he was just all "preflip associative reads? never again" the other day. But, well, hypocrisy blah blah playbook blah.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:08 pm
You seem very insulted by my comment, was it truly you being a snowflake in this situation? Mafia works just fine for me because I can move past my dislike of a player/posting style to play the game, and I'm not about to stay quiet when you're pushing suspicion I disagree with.
I'm just giving you nice and kind advice Soneji. It seems like all I have to do is move my fingers across my keyboard arbitrarily tapping buttons and hey presto Soneji has a whinge at me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:08 pm
Fuck off it is so lol.

It's just she's usually right.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:56 pm Placeholder vote on Colin. Ted’s response RE: sonenji looks like a civilian.

I’ll figure out what fo think about soneji later.
Wait....what?
Ted is town. Soneji is tbd.
I was questioning your Colin vote after you failed against lynching a no show.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:09 pm
Yknow I could come around. His point about soneji and inactives seemed weird after he was just all "preflip associative reads? never again" the other day. But, well, hypocrisy blah blah playbook blah.
i'm not going to vote for soneji to test it out. I am saying that as an If/then statement.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:56 pm Placeholder vote on Colin. Ted’s response RE: sonenji looks like a civilian.

I’ll figure out what fo think about soneji later.
Wait....what?
Ted is town. Soneji is tbd.
I was questioning your Colin vote after you failed against lynching a no show.
I thought we agreed my votes don't count?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 pm
Fuck off it is so lol.

No I'm paranoid about sloonei at some point every game lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 pm
Fuck off it is so lol.

No I'm paranoid about sloonei at some point every game lol
Well that may be so but you dismiss my suspicion towards him out of hand 100% of the time I bring it up so to me it doesn't feel that way.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 pm Longius Connium
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:30 pm Seems like as good a way as any to welcome soneji

Also we should probably be doing one vote on everyone tbh
You talkin' about lynch-style votes, or today's vote. I like Jack's idea for today's vote. Although I also want the extra scrap because upgrading sounds legit.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm I offered one single pre-flip associative read in Banjo-Kazooie and it gave me the false confidence to mislynch a civilian who I thought was paired with another civilian on Day 1. Never again!
What does 'pre-flip' mean?
The 'flip' in question is slang for the role-reveal that occurs upon voting a player out by Day.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
I do not think so. I think one person will get scrap, or maybe zero if we have a tie, because our Host can sometimes be a hardass in that way.
"Mafia talks about mechanics" is an argument I've fought against a bunch in the past and I think it's hugely overstated in a lot of games.
So, like, is this mafia Long Con talking about mechanics for the bulk of his early content? There hasn't been much progression beyond this early banter:
Long Con wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 pm
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am Hi, I have no idea what is scrap~
Is this what is a supposed derpclear? I don't see any reason why a wolf Jiwon couldn't honestly say that.
Turns out it was LC who suggested the "derpclear" angle on Jiwon, only he accompanied it with an immediate dismissal. The shade feels a bit unnecessary.
Long Con wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:17 am [VOTE: MacDougall ] aubergine

S P I C E
This is dumb but Mac knows my reaction to team ups and towncores tends to range somewhere between flat denial and restrained agreement with jokes in between.

So I kinda don’t think his treatment of me has been buddying, which makes me think he’s town.
So this is you trying to buddy him, right?

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
This also feels a bit like an obligatory vote. "I have to do something so I'll call Jack suspicious for this post." I don't love LC's posts, but usually when I do love his posts it means he's bad. He's light orange on my imaginary rainbow for now, for the sake of taking a stance.
That’s some major personal shade, Sloonei. :haha:
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 pm
I'm just giving you nice and kind advice Soneji. It seems like all I have to do is move my fingers across my keyboard arbitrarily tapping buttons and hey presto Soneji has a whinge at me.
I don't let up on people if they continue to post badly :srsnod:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 pm
I don't let up on people if they continue to post badly :srsnod:
You're putting coins in the wrong machine this time friendicus.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:07 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 pm This is great—now we TK the drago/nutella slot, and if it flips mafia, awesome! If it flips town, we get nutella 2.0 in the Colin slot.

What could go wrong!
You forget the step where we lynch nutella 2.0.
I wasn’t gonna say that part yet :p
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”