Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Escape From Trump Tower [DAY 1]

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:30 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:29 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:45 pm And like, it seems a little out of character for Juliets to just post “meh this is a thing”. As Town I’d expect her to have asked me some questions I could scumread her for or something.
Maybe I didn't make it clear when I said I needed to hear more from you. I meant what are your thoughts? Reads, game state, just the normal stuff.
No, I know what you want. I don’t like it.
I am confused by this post. I have no idea what you are talking about.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

To the people voting me, and anyone else who might be concerned: I don’t have the energy to be my usual self in this game. I still intend to play, but I don’t anticipate that I’ll be the person who energizes the thread or posts huge walls of text.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:23 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am
Scirrus wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:29 am I forgot to say hi to Scirrus (I normally greet players I haven’t played with before) but he’s posted so much it feels awkward to do it now.
Hi Jack! I'm Scirrus. I like pina coladas, long walks on the beach, and killing mafia! Wbu?
Hi, Scirrus. :)

I like Total Warhammer and making fun of libertarians. :beer:
And he's pretty bad at both... :grin:
:haha: :haha: :haha:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I'm looking for the game where you were mafia with MacDougall and maybe Jay and it seems like there was someone else. If I remember correctly the team got through the game with no losses, thus a sweep. All I can remember is I subbed in. Do you know what game I'm talking about? If not, can you think of a game or two where you were mafia and it wasn't multi-ball?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:44 pm @Sloonei I'm looking for the game where you were mafia with MacDougall and maybe Jay and it seems like there was someone else. If I remember correctly the team got through the game with no losses, thus a sweep. All I can remember is I subbed in. Do you know what game I'm talking about? If not, can you think of a game or two where you were mafia and it wasn't multi-ball?
I don't think such a game exists. I was mafia with Mac in the GoC, and Jay was a member of the other team. There was another game where I replaced Jay as mafia (The Wire, I think).
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why are you asking/looking for that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:47 pm Why are you asking/looking for that?
I just want to look at a game where you were mafia when there was only one mafia team so I can see what your play was like. I often look at someone's past games to help me with meta.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Epignosis »

M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm I'd like to know what Epi thinks more about players that are non-Sloonei.
I have opinions. I'll voice them when I'm ready.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Damn I lost my place.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Wait nope handy dandy MP arrow points me back there. Cool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 pm I absolutely hate that 4-person wagon on Sloonei. It's static. It's not pushing the game forward in any way. If there's one reason to ever lynch Mac here, that'd be one. I understand Epi's vote being there, but I'd encourage those voters to at least more actively consider other options.

If Sloonei is scum and I'm actively now arguing to avoid his lynch d1, then lol, but if he is scum I'm confident we can catch him with strong town play.
What the hell is wrong with a static lynch if it's the right one?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:21 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:19 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:17 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 pm Oh, also Nanook, Mac got lynched Day 1 when he was IMO clear town in Banjo. He's obviously not clear town here, but I would feel like ass lynching him d1 again here. So *shrug*, that's another reason I'd put him in the let's give him another day category I suppose.
I thought he was clearly town that game too IIRC, doesn’t affect my desire to kill or not kill him here 🤷‍♀️
You have a more logical mafia brain than I do then, and I commend you.
I’ve also played games with him since, tbf
Ah, yeah, that's the last game I've played with him and it'd be nice to actually play with him here.

I do hate his Sloonei vote though. @MacDougall, do something about that please. Place it on a different person or wagon so we can get some dynamic progression before we shrug lynch Sloonei on Day 1. Anything for more information.
Fuck lynching for information.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:24 pm Even for those players who do think they've caught scum Sloonei, who are his teammates then? There's more work to be done. A static gamestate actively hurts our faction.
That's a Day 2 problem.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:51 pm
I just want to look at a game where you were mafia when there was only one mafia team so I can see what your play was like. I often look at someone's past games to help me with meta.
You might be thinking of Ancient Greece, but that was ages ago. I've had three scum wins in the last year or so: GoC, The Wire, and Phenon Origins, which was a sock puppet game so I doubt you'd have specific memories of me in there if you even played it. None of them match the description of what you're looking for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:54 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:21 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:19 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:17 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 pm Oh, also Nanook, Mac got lynched Day 1 when he was IMO clear town in Banjo. He's obviously not clear town here, but I would feel like ass lynching him d1 again here. So *shrug*, that's another reason I'd put him in the let's give him another day category I suppose.
I thought he was clearly town that game too IIRC, doesn’t affect my desire to kill or not kill him here 🤷‍♀️
You have a more logical mafia brain than I do then, and I commend you.
I’ve also played games with him since, tbf
Ah, yeah, that's the last game I've played with him and it'd be nice to actually play with him here.

I do hate his Sloonei vote though. @MacDougall, do something about that please. Place it on a different person or wagon so we can get some dynamic progression before we shrug lynch Sloonei on Day 1. Anything for more information.
Fuck lynching for information.
Fuck lynching me right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:10 pm I just read through Sloonei's posts. He posted exactly 4 times yesterday (Tuesday) and hasn't posted at all today. That's not looking good. I understand he's playing another game but he's got no time at all to post in this one on the day we have EOD? I don't like it, the only question for me is whether MP7 is right and we should give him another day because his value if he's town is high. (Is that +EV? Still not 100% sure on how that term is used)

Other than Sloonei, I'm looking toward LC or Soneji for a vote. Since LC and Sloonei already have some heat I'm going to throw a vote Soneji's way.
It's +EV if he's providing value.

Sloonei is not providing value. Therefore it is -EV keeping him around right now (and I know he's asked about that, so I will go into more detail when I get to the post).
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Actually maybe don't fuck it. I already said i'm not going to be myself in this game so it's going to be natural to eye me suspiciously. I get that, and I could end up being a hindrance more than anything else. But the arguments which exist so far are off base.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:56 pm im in too many twgs at once

im also safe mns gotten less scary
twgs

mns

Do you speak English?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:57 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:10 pm I just read through Sloonei's posts. He posted exactly 4 times yesterday (Tuesday) and hasn't posted at all today. That's not looking good. I understand he's playing another game but he's got no time at all to post in this one on the day we have EOD? I don't like it, the only question for me is whether MP7 is right and we should give him another day because his value if he's town is high. (Is that +EV? Still not 100% sure on how that term is used)

Other than Sloonei, I'm looking toward LC or Soneji for a vote. Since LC and Sloonei already have some heat I'm going to throw a vote Soneji's way.

Sloonei is not providing value. Therefore it is -EV keeping him around right now (and I know he's asked about that, so I will go into more detail when I get to the post).
alright yeah that's basically what i said.

But lynching me because I'm not posting as much as I usually am is not the right play. That has zilch to do with my alignment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:55 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:24 pm Even for those players who do think they've caught scum Sloonei, who are his teammates then? There's more work to be done. A static gamestate actively hurts our faction.
That's a Day 2 problem.
This MP quote reminded me of this MP quote:
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:03 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:48 pm MP, I'm starting to dislike your lines here.

I feel that you are drawing and encouraging lines of agreement and suspicion that aren't necessarily your own, but more so assist a narrative that is in your favor. I.e. you leave me in the null stating you don't know how you feel but at the same time leaving me at would lynch.

Your LC vote also piggy backing off Nanook.
I don't understand, what's the scum strategy I'm employing exactly?
Wilgy was pretty clear in what he was saying, and MP tries to deflect it... it's straw-mannish. "If you can't define my *scum strategy* in a way that I accept, your accusation isn't valid." Dislike.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"We can lynch Sloonei" =/= "We should lynch Sloonei"
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:56 pm
You might be thinking of Ancient Greece, but that was ages ago. I've had three scum wins in the last year or so: GoC, The Wire, and Phenon Origins, which was a sock puppet game so I doubt you'd have specific memories of me in there if you even played it. None of them match the description of what you're looking for.
Ok, thanks for letting me know where you were scum even though they are not likely to help.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:21 pm i just realized that people are actually voting for me. that is silly.
Make me feel silly for voting you then. :bored:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 254

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I mean I'll vote for LC if nothing spicy is gonna happen
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It just feels like it was LC the last 6 times or whatever
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I swear between Speed and LC they've both rolled scum in the last three months then I have in a lifetime and this probably is true
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Twice?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:08 pmTwice?
I'm at three so close
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Whenever my math colleagues complain that random.org isn't truly random because it relies on atmospheric noise to produce its strings and thus can be replicated I think about me not ever being scum
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am
Scirrus wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:29 am I forgot to say hi to Scirrus (I normally greet players I haven’t played with before) but he’s posted so much it feels awkward to do it now.
Hi Jack! I'm Scirrus. I like pina coladas, long walks on the beach, and killing mafia! Wbu?
Hi, Scirrus. :)

I like Total Warhammer and making fun of libertarians. :beer:
And older people.
They bring it on themselves.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:21 pm i just realized that people are actually voting for me. that is silly.
Can't you just make yourself feel silly?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I’ve had a very long day.

Somebody point me to cases.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:29 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:27 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:57 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:54 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:47 am I would vote Dizzy over Sloonei, but that's not saying much. I'd rather pressure some other folks before we lynch Dizzy if we're going to do that.
Why is it between the two here?
It doesn't have to be; it's just that Sloonei still has 4 votes right now and I'd rather not see him die even if he doesn't post more today tbh.
So what does it take for Sloonei to be lynched Day 1 for you?
You have been the most vocal opponent to the strategy of lynching me on Day 1 in the past. What changed?
Ah, here we are.

Lynching you Day 1 is usually a bad idea. I don't think I have to explain why. I think you know why. But here it is anyway: On paper, any individual is more likely to be a civilian than any other alignment. All things being equal, it makes sense to let those who work more than anybody else get a sense of who is not. In this particular scenario, you have done nothing to make me think you are worth keeping around until Day 2. You look caught, tongue-tied, and like anything else you say at this point is going to be used against your teammates. This is the very first time I have witnessed such a thing from you in recent memory.

I have no clue whom you even remotely suspect and the Day phase is almost over. You are mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:47 am I would vote Dizzy over Sloonei, but that's not saying much. I'd rather pressure some other folks before we lynch Dizzy if we're going to do that.
It doesn't have to be; it's just that Sloonei still has 4 votes right now and I'd rather not see him die even if he doesn't post more today tbh.
You have been the most vocal opponent to the strategy of lynching me on Day 1 in the past. What changed?
I had just noted this. Something to be curious about
:bored:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] could you remind me why you are voting for Wilgy?

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:34 pm To the people voting me, and anyone else who might be concerned: I don’t have the energy to be my usual self in this game. I still intend to play, but I don’t anticipate that I’ll be the person who energizes the thread or posts huge walls of text.
Nobody was asking for energy or huge walls of text.

If I was the author of your posts, what would you think of me?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:13 pm
Ah, here we are.

Lynching you Day 1 is usually a bad idea. I don't think I have to explain why. I think you know why. But here it is anyway: On paper, any individual is more likely to be a civilian than any other alignment. All things being equal, it makes sense to let those who work more than anybody else get a sense of who is not. In this particular scenario, you have done nothing to make me think you are worth keeping around until Day 2. You look caught, tongue-tied, and like anything else you say at this point is going to be used against your teammates. This is the very first time I have witnessed such a thing from you in recent memory.

I have no clue whom you even remotely suspect and the Day phase is almost over. You are mafia.
You are drastically misreading my energy. I'm just a tired person.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:34 pm To the people voting me, and anyone else who might be concerned: I don’t have the energy to be my usual self in this game. I still intend to play, but I don’t anticipate that I’ll be the person who energizes the thread or posts huge walls of text.
Nobody was asking for energy or huge walls of text.

If I was the author of your posts, what would you think of me?
That you're tired and distracted.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:13 pm I’ve had a very long day.

Somebody point me to cases.
jules scum
case:
I think so
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Talk about people.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:15 pm @Sloonei could you remind me why you are voting for Wilgy?

linki
He's pushing against me in a way that is reminiscent of past scum performances from him, though I can't recall specifics. I have seen wilgy push suspicion on me on Day 1 of games when he's been mafia, presumably as a way to score townie points for going after a vocal player. But I haven't been vocal in this game, so :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:59 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:57 pm

alright yeah that's basically what i said.

But lynching me because I'm not posting as much as I usually am is not the right play. That has zilch to do with my alignment.
I don't think I ever said that I'm voting for you because you're not posting as much.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:15 pm @Sloonei could you remind me why you are voting for Wilgy?

linki
He's pushing against me in a way that is reminiscent of past scum performances from him, though I can't recall specifics. I have seen wilgy push suspicion on me on Day 1 of games when he's been mafia, presumably as a way to score townie points for going after a vocal player. But I haven't been vocal in this game, so :shrug:
weak :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:13 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:04 pm
Can't you just make yourself feel silly?
I can, but it usually ends in an orgasm. :sigh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Talk about people.
MP is town, juliets is town. I think you might be town because you wouldn't bother lighting a fire under me if you weren't.

I have not read things that aren't in my immediate field of vision.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I have gotten the impression that Epi is super town. Have I been fooled? Please tell me.

linki
juliets
not town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 pm I have gotten the impression that Epi is super town. Have I been fooled? Please tell me.

linki
juliets
not town
why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've grilled Sloonei.

Now I must go grill chicken.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:20 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 pm I have gotten the impression that Epi is super town. Have I been fooled? Please tell me.

linki
juliets
not town
why not?
A deep feeling in my soul has told me thus
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm

linki
weak :noble:
I never claimed to be playing a strong game
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”