Total votes: 11
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Night 2)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:44 am wdym giving up on his poe
I guess it's only giving up if he tries to get me chopped over Colin or you. That's the suggestion I get from his posts.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:43 am
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 am cursory glance shows you thought he couldn't be 3p for "reasons"

hm
I'm not talking about those reasons and will not because I was clearly wrong. But it doesn't make sense for a wolf, especially a wolf who knows that pawn is the SK (but I don't think the wolves did know that), to present that as a thought.
not sure i follow lol

especially given your parenthetical why wouldn't a wolf say that? like to present a perspective of pawn being a suspect as a potential wolf in the poe still / to combat tmi? idk
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:43 am
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 am cursory glance shows you thought he couldn't be 3p for "reasons"

hm
I'm not talking about those reasons and will not because I was clearly wrong. But it doesn't make sense for a wolf, especially a wolf who knows that pawn is the SK (but I don't think the wolves did know that), to present that as a thought.
why wouldn’t you talk about them
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:47 am
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:44 am wdym giving up on his poe
I guess it's only giving up if he tries to get me chopped over Colin or you. That's the suggestion I get from his posts.
well I'm hoping to be relatively cleared soon enough

Colin is prob my top suspect tho, so if it can be shown that you're unaligned with him that's cool

the way he tagged along to hally's case on pawn definitely looks opportunistic in retrospect, whether he thought pawn was town or 3p, he was an easy poe target who wolf!colin knew was not on his team
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:45 am That probably should unalign me from Colin, and I really want Jay to try to create a compelling case I'm mafia from there
what should unalign you from colin?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

lol tell? nah.
I expressed numerous times the idea that Pawn was unlikely to be the SK and that thus it would be better to chop Colin. It doesn't make me town but it does reduce the likelihood I was scum with Colin. As to the parenthetical, this is where our good friend Bayes comes into play. But that's sorta irrelevant I guess.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:51 am lol tell? nah.
I expressed numerous times the idea that Pawn was unlikely to be the SK and that thus it would be better to chop Colin. It doesn't make me town but it does reduce the likelihood I was scum with Colin. As to the parenthetical, this is where our good friend Bayes comes into play. But that's sorta irrelevant I guess.
why did you think pawn was unlikely to be sk

why would you not divulge this

why are you even bringing it up if you don’t wanna elaborate
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like what I'm bussing Colin? but then why do I attack Alison for connecting Colin and Pawn?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I do a terrible job of making points nowadays.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

idk if i’m just sleep deprived but idk what you’re talking about
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Frankly I'd benefit from taking a step back and explaining my thought process more instead of just throwing random ideas into the thread.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i agree
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:56 am Frankly I'd benefit from taking a step back and explaining my thought process more instead of just throwing random ideas into the thread.
i mean personally i think tossing underdeveloped thoughts into the thread the way you've been doing is generally a town indicator, it's just also good to be able to develop them for other people to understand if possible

like jay is scumreading you for just spitting out scattered random takes, but i lean toward that being town behavior -- making quick leaps in logic in your head about things that you don't necessarily justify in writing

kinda like turnip's town meta, they do a lot of unspoken processing and just jump to conclusions. and your play here is even a bit more transparent than theirs usually is, i think it's just hard for us to follow the way you think
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:35 am yeah that's right. I wasn't really thinking about it.
Tony's mafia. His "suspicion" of me has been vague horseshit all game long. He can hardly stick a random take into the thread without immediately pulling back on it. He has no real opinions of anything.

Each of you out there: I challenge you to tell me what TonyStarkPrime's read is on you -- not what takes he has given on assorted posts, but what his read is.
like. to borrow an idea from Epi, I don't believe that you believe this.
I don't care what you claim you believe. Your assorted takes are a mess of nonsense. I have no clue where you stand beyond some vague notion of "I guess I agree with the POE pool". Your play has been utterly aimless.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:03 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:38 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:35 am yeah that's right. I wasn't really thinking about it.
Tony's mafia. His "suspicion" of me has been vague horseshit all game long. He can hardly stick a random take into the thread without immediately pulling back on it. He has no real opinions of anything.

Each of you out there: I challenge you to tell me what TonyStarkPrime's read is on you -- not what takes he has given on assorted posts, but what his read is.
like. to borrow an idea from Epi, I don't believe that you believe this.
I don't care what you claim you believe. Your assorted takes are a mess of nonsense. I have no clue where you stand beyond some vague notion of "I guess I agree with the POE pool". Your play has been utterly aimless.
why is aimlessness a wolf tell for him though

i think it's the opposite

i think wolf tsp would look a lot more organized
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:02 amlike jay is scumreading you for just spitting out scattered random takes, but i lean toward that being town behavior -- making quick leaps in logic in your head about things that you don't necessarily justify in writing
I think I would agree with you if it all led somewhere. Let's say Tony is assessing Player X. Represent a negative take with a "-" and a positive take with a "+". Tony's assessments of Player X:

- - + - + + + - - + - + - + + + - - + - + - +

What is the conclusion?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:05 amwhy is aimlessness a wolf tell for him though

This isn't a meta read. I don't really care about that right now frankly. If I just ask myself "is this an easy way for TonyStarkPrime to feign involvement as a mafioso?" the answer is "yes".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:05 am
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:02 amlike jay is scumreading you for just spitting out scattered random takes, but i lean toward that being town behavior -- making quick leaps in logic in your head about things that you don't necessarily justify in writing
I think I would agree with you if it all led somewhere. Let's say Tony is assessing Player X. Represent a negative take with a "-" and a positive take with a "+". Tony's assessments of Player X:

What is the conclusion?
what is the point of pulling this post out of your ass :goofp:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 am I'm still thinking about it. Jay giving up on his POE and all of his interactive reads to take shots at me feels pretty forced.
What even is this sentence? How does this reflect my play? What?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:06 am what is the point of pulling this post out of your ass :goofp:
I'm trying to represent my perception of Tony's play concisely. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like this is pretty arbitrary. Jay, do you think anyone in this game has expressed more "concrete" or like "authentic" reads than I have? Everyone's sharing around their own version of an identical reads list, does that count? No, my head's not on particularly straight this game. But like what am I gonna do? You've already made a full interactions map, created a poe we're all fairly content with. I have no interest in doing it again to come to largely the same conclusions.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:06 am
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:05 amwhy is aimlessness a wolf tell for him though

This isn't a meta read. I don't really care about that right now frankly. If I just ask myself "is this an easy way for TonyStarkPrime to feign involvement as a mafioso?" the answer is "yes".
I mean my take isn't even a fully developed meta read necessarily, though i think it is influenced by the fact that i've sort of recently gotten to know tsp more as a person and in a way have a better handle on how he thinks in general

but it's also something that can apply broadly as a towntell imo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I think Jay has a very good impression of what my posts look like. I'm sure my ISO wrt alison can be summed up exactly like that
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:08 am
like this is pretty arbitrary. Jay, do you think anyone in this game has expressed more "concrete" or like "authentic" reads than I have?
Yes. Absolutely.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:08 amEveryone's sharing around their own version of an identical reads list, does that count? No, my head's not on particularly straight this game. But like what am I gonna do? You've already made a full interactions map, created a poe we're all fairly content with. I have no interest in doing it again to come to largely the same conclusions.
Are you coming to the same conclusions? I literally cannot tell.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:05 am

What is the conclusion?
:shrug:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:08 am
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:06 am what is the point of pulling this post out of your ass :goofp:
I'm trying to represent my perception of Tony's play concisely. :meany:
well I'd be interested to see if you can defend that perspective with evidence from his actual content.

I'm not necessarily defending that he has good progressions or anything, I concede to your point that I can't really tell you what his reads have been. I just think that it's unfair to make that point without specifics
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To be clear:

By tone, I think Tony sounds fine. Someone has to be a mafioso though, and I don't think his posts would be a difficult fit in that alignment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 am I think Jay has a very good impression of what my posts look like. I'm sure my ISO wrt alison can be summed up exactly like that
lol k
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I'll tell you that I'm going to come to the conclusion that Colin has high scum equity and fits in all the most common teams. I've pointed to posts that align him with Alison, I think he's potentially aligned with you. He's less aligned with Epi, though that's more the case with the spot that Nutella currently occupies.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

and I sympathize with having such a progression on alison specifically :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:12 am I'll tell you that I'm going to come to the conclusion that Colin has high scum equity and fits in all the most common teams. I've pointed to posts that align him with Alison, I think he's potentially aligned with you. He's less aligned with Epi, though that's more the case with the spot that Nutella currently occupies.
I agree that it's difficult to see a civilian Colin in this universe.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:12 am To be clear:

By tone, I think Tony sounds fine. Someone has to be a mafioso though, and I don't think his posts would be a difficult fit in that alignment.
i have a suddenly burning hot take that i now want to post in the "unpopular mafia opinions" thread on mu

tone > content

hi nanook :biggrin:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I'm sort of feeling long con / colin / Alison but we actually all could do with some increased focus on Long Con.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hally said something about trying to take Long Con out of the cleartown list, wasa that Colin who was trying? Ugh.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:13 am tone > content
In many cases I would agree. That's a big part of my read on Kitsu and sabie12. But for another cheese catchphrase:

everything is contextual

:goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:14 am I'm sort of feeling long con / colin / Alison but we actually all could do with some increased focus on Long Con.
do you have a reason to disbelieve wisp's clear of lc?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

This is one of those times where a thought process could have used some censorship
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:14 am I'm sort of feeling long con / colin / Alison but we actually all could do with some increased focus on Long Con.
do you have a reason to disbelieve wisp's clear of lc?
Mechanics bring his role into some immediate disbelief. Flavorwise it would make sense for him to have some sort of insanity. As far as game state goes, there are great reasons for LC to be a wolf based on his day one behavior particularly if Colin were a teammate. Both of these things point to some reason to be at least cautious. For these reasons, LC is at the bottom of my town pile for now.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con is held in the town pile by his play in night one, not particularly from the cop check in my mind
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 2)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:53 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:12 pm [VOTE: pawn lelouch] aubergine

town colin has no reason to oppose a lelouch execute there btw. i think they are buddies now
arbitrary
this is weird too. maybe it points to Alison/colin being unaligned? or maybe the idea is w!alison is freed from colin suspicion when pawn flips not wolf. unclear
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:20 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:14 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:11 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:10 pm So the rules say there are fake claims given to anti-town players. How do we imagine Wisp's role interacts with those?
we dont know, thats what we’re talking about now
I have to imagine there's a good chance that Wisp sees the fake-claim. Otherwise, it's a pretty damn powerful role.
your attempt to shift LC out of the lock town pool has been denied
well there goes Alison/LC/Colin
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

man that's the greatest single post rebuttal to a scum team I've ever seen
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention], if neither Tony nor Long Con is a mafioso, who is?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:23 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:53 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:12 pm [VOTE: pawn lelouch] aubergine

town colin has no reason to oppose a lelouch execute there btw. i think they are buddies now
arbitrary
this is weird too. maybe it points to Alison/colin being unaligned? or maybe the idea is w!alison is freed from colin suspicion when pawn flips not wolf. unclear
I would lean more toward the latter
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:24 am man that's the greatest single post rebuttal to a scum team I've ever seen
I don't think that even dissociates them. :confused2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:27 am @nutella, if neither Tony nor Long Con is a mafioso, who is?
colin and alison are my main suspects rn

daisy, sabie, epi are kind of my fringe poe/wildcards
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:28 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:24 am man that's the greatest single post rebuttal to a scum team I've ever seen
I don't think that even dissociates them. :confused2:
all three of them? I don't think it disassociates colin and alison, but certainly LC
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:29 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:27 am @nutella, if neither Tony nor Long Con is a mafioso, who is?
colin and alison are my main suspects rn

daisy, sabie, epi are kind of my fringe poe/wildcards
what about wilgy?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I'm falling asleep now
TonyStarkPrime