alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Night 2)

Post by Hally »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:06 pm sprityo in Girl Genius

What’s the difference?

I don’t think this is remotely angleshooting unless we’re dwelling in “all meta reads are angleshooting” philosophy.
He subbed in there — that’s funny. He has seven posts in five days in that game, none with game relevant content, and stuck around the whole time.
why would you ever use that game as meta if he was barely in it idgi
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am have we considered that there's no vig?

kill + clean seems more in line with something a mafia would do than something a town role would do. it's possible that SK shot nanook and mafia shot FG.if we think about it from the perspective of a mafia member, denying the FG flip to us is powerful (which is why hally was so upset about it). and, if FG is town, they have to nightkill her at some point to win since she can't be exed. this suggests that mafia wanted to wipe away FG's role with the janitor while there was maximum uncertainty as to what alignment she is. they could easily have feared her coming back into the thread and obvtowning it up, or being investigated by someone, at which point they would have lost the opportunity to deny town major information by wiping the evidence away.

the more I think about it, the more I think it's plausible that mafia strategically killed FG to deny us information. which would mean FG is town, although I have already argued we should assume she is regardless
hmmm
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i don’t really have anyone i sr anymore

casing pawn will be my only contribution to this game probably :p i’m usually good for catching one scum and then after that i falter lol
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’ll continue reviewing interactions as much as I can tonight, but I may run out of time. This could be a good thing for you to try [mention]Hally[/mention]. If you’re not seeing mafia at an individual level, maybe you can find them as pairs or groups.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:34 pm I’ll continue reviewing interactions as much as I can tonight, but I may run out of time. This could be a good thing for you to try @Hally. If you’re not seeing mafia at an individual level, maybe you can find them as pairs or groups.
ah idk, i’m decent at interaction/spew analysis after i get a flipped scum but its hard for me to do it blind

seems like more your wheelhouse
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

im just going to say it: I don't believe all this stuff about girl genius. TSP, I don't buy that you saw sprityo play this game, thought "this is really different from when he was a serial killer in girl genius", and then went off "I don't think sprityo is 3P this game".

first of all, this read is super tenuous. sprityo lurked as SK in one game one time, and he... still lurked here, but slightly less, so he's not the same alignment? huh?

second of all... why was your head even at SKs? at the time the prevailing theory was that vig shot FG, and the mafia shot nanook, remember? there was no hint of an SK at that point in time. we all knew it could be a possibility, but for you to draw the mental connection "this slot isn't SK because it doesn't match sprityo's 1-game SK meta" -> "this slot probably isn't 3P" - does that make sense? why can't that slot be some other third party role?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:11 am what if colin isn’t scum

i can’t say i feel that strongly that he is even though i see the points others are raising

they don’t particularly move me ig and he comes off pretty genuine to me
yeah like every time I actually see him post I want to think he's just town
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:34 pm I’ll continue reviewing interactions as much as I can tonight, but I may run out of time. This could be a good thing for you to try @Hally. If you’re not seeing mafia at an individual level, maybe you can find them as pairs or groups.
ah idk, i’m decent at interaction/spew analysis after i get a flipped scum but its hard for me to do it blind

seems like more your wheelhouse
It's up to you of course; I won't push you to try it if you don't feel it. As a note, when I do these "blind" interactions I operate on a presumption: "Assume Player X has already flipped mafia. What does this post say about Player Y?" to make the process as similar as possible to the "spew" interactions you're more accustomed to.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 170

Post by ColinIsCool »

It's time to dump your stock in killing me and buy buy buy in killing Tony!
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't see what the rest of you do in Colin, but I think TSP's handling of the Pawn-is-3P thing has been very bad and want him to die first now
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:01 pm cause it made sense for him to be 3p if you’re a wolf with knowledge
based on what

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:39 pm im just going to say it: I don't believe all this stuff about girl genius. TSP, I don't buy that you saw sprityo play this game, thought "this is really different from when he was a serial killer in girl genius", and then went off "I don't think sprityo is 3P this game".

first of all, this read is super tenuous. sprityo lurked as SK in one game one time, and he... still lurked here, but slightly less, so he's not the same alignment? huh?

second of all... why was your head even at SKs? at the time the prevailing theory was that vig shot FG, and the mafia shot nanook, remember? there was no hint of an SK at that point in time. we all knew it could be a possibility, but for you to draw the mental connection "this slot isn't SK because it doesn't match sprityo's 1-game SK meta" -> "this slot probably isn't 3P" - does that make sense? why can't that slot be some other third party role?
it doesn’t make sense to me either
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I want to see a civilian on the basis of tone alone, I probably could manage that for the entire player roster. Because of that, I feel the standard needs to be raised. Because not everyone is a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:47 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:11 am what if colin isn’t scum

i can’t say i feel that strongly that he is even though i see the points others are raising

they don’t particularly move me ig and he comes off pretty genuine to me
yeah like every time I actually see him post I want to think he's just town
yeah...
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:01 pm If I want to see a civilian on the basis of tone alone, I probably could manage that for the entire player roster. Because of that, I feel the standard needs to be raised. Because not everyone is a civilian.
true
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Maybe a mass meta dive will help. I am about to find a mafia-aligned game from every "candidate" in this game and share a link.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i was just about to ask what colin and tsp are like as scum
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Alison[/mention] and [mention]KitsuShel[/mention], I'd appreciate it if you could grab me a game in which you were a mafioso off-site. Alison I realize Space Invaders applies, but I hesitate to rely on that -- the mechanics of the game were too different.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tony doesn’t feel much different to me than space invaders but the pawn 3P thing is kinda bad

but maybe not like bad in a way that makes him scum? i still don’t get why tony would let those posts exist if he’s scum. seems very careless
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mafia meta shite:

TonyStarkPrime, mafia in Fallout
TonyStarkPrime, mafia in Persona 5

ColinIsCool, mafia in Easter
ColinIsCool, mafia in Ancient Greece

sabie12, mafia in Fallout
sabie12, mafia in Better Off Ted
sabie12, mafia in Girl Genius

DrWilgy, mafia in Pokemon
nutella, mafia in FTL
nutella, mafia in Vanilla

Epignosis, mafia in Assassin's Creed
Epignosis, mafia in Vanilla

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:01 pm If I want to see a civilian on the basis of tone alone, I probably could manage that for the entire player roster. Because of that, I feel the standard needs to be raised. Because not everyone is a civilian.
actually there are two people who I don't think have civillian tone.

LC and FG. and they're both almost certainly town :grin:
Alison

Post by Alison »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/22356
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/22395

I shared these in Space Invaders at proto's request, reposting here.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:50 pm Tony. Just say it. What about Girl Genius?
Since Sprityo subbed out I think this shouldn’t be discussed, but Sprityo was the serial killer in that game and played it substantially differently than he did here. It was enough for me to make an off the cuff post about it.
uhhhm i think i buy this but also it's lame lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:17 pm
actually there are two people who I don't think have civillian tone.

LC and FG. and they're both almost certainly town :grin:
Remember it for next game we play together! :hugs:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:58 pm And like how often do you get serial killer meta
i think that's why i don't like that you used it lol

they're such individual cases that i don't find it surprising that it wasn't really comparable
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 170

Post by ColinIsCool »

And if anybody wants to see my town meta, see every single other game I've played where I've made it past N1 in the last 2 years
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:06 pm sprityo in Girl Genius

What’s the difference?

I don’t think this is remotely angleshooting unless we’re dwelling in “all meta reads are angleshooting” philosophy.
He subbed in there — that’s funny. He has seven posts in five days in that game, none with game relevant content, and stuck around the whole time.
okay I think I kind of see what your thought process was now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:57 pm I don't see what the rest of you do in Colin, but I think TSP's handling of the Pawn-is-3P thing has been very bad and want him to die first now
o p p o r t u n i s t i c
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:07 pm I don’t know if you’ve noticed this but I tend to post my reads *before* I think about them
relatable lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:29 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:57 pm I don't see what the rest of you do in Colin, but I think TSP's handling of the Pawn-is-3P thing has been very bad and want him to die first now
you did something that was objectively really scummy, plz refrain from labelling me an opportunist for suspecting you because of it
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:39 pm im just going to say it: I don't believe all this stuff about girl genius. TSP, I don't buy that you saw sprityo play this game, thought "this is really different from when he was a serial killer in girl genius", and then went off "I don't think sprityo is 3P this game".

first) yes. Correct.
Second) this is just factually wrong I can tell because there’s a post I made where I called out a potential SK it’s what we’re talking about
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:36 pm
you did something that was objectively really scummy, plz refrain from labelling me an opportunist for suspecting you because of it
What was the objectively scummy thing? Was it objectively scummy before Jay brought it up?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

funny i was just glancing at your p5 iso that jay just linked and you did this spacing for emphasis a lot there XD
do you do it as town too or is this enough of a tell that i should flip my read of you on
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:28 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:58 pm And like how often do you get serial killer meta
i think that's why i don't like that you used it lol

they're such individual cases that i don't find it surprising that it wasn't really comparable
I mean. tsp makes a bad borderline angleshooty read and it goes south is not particularly a surprising story
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:37 pm
What was the objectively scummy thing? Was it objectively scummy before Jay brought it up?
you said something that you shouldn't be knowing as a townie, then when questioned about it, you tried to deflect by claiming it was OGI when it wasn't, then when you were pressured into giving a full reasoning it was not believable and full of holes

that is objectively scummy behavior
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tbf I can see what alison is saying about the pawn 3p thing being a weird/more likely mafia thought process

but otoh like i said i thought i kind of understood his explanation

idk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:38 pm
funny i was just glancing at your p5 iso that jay just linked and you did this spacing for emphasis a lot there XD
do you do it as town too or is this enough of a tell that i should flip my read of you on
P5 wasn’t a real game and I died on day 1 but the spacing thing is pretty common I think
Alison

Post by Alison »

honestly I think the thing you originally said wasn't even that big of a deal, but the convoluted girl genius explanation you gave was just incredibly unbelievable to me. I didn't understand it, it didn't make sense, and it sounds totally made up
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:37 pm
you said something that you shouldn't be knowing as a townie, then when questioned about it, you tried to deflect by claiming it was OGI when it wasn't, then when you were pressured into giving a full reasoning it was not believable and full of holes

that is objectively scummy behavior
Was the thing I said that I shouldn’t be knowing that Alison was mafia?
Alison

Post by Alison »

no, it was "pawn is 3P"
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 pm honestly I think the thing you originally said wasn't even that big of a deal, but the convoluted girl genius explanation you gave was just incredibly unbelievable to me. I didn't understand it, it didn't make sense, and it sounds totally made up
Okay so I, instead of shrugging off something I know would have quickly dissipated, decided to come up with a convoluted meta read that I know sounds somewhat incredulous on the spot. It’s unlikely.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 pm honestly I think the thing you originally said wasn't even that big of a deal, but the convoluted girl genius explanation you gave was just incredibly unbelievable to me. I didn't understand it, it didn't make sense, and it sounds totally made up
I thought it made sense, I can see why it kinda looks contrived but I think I get the gist of it

in GG sprit was SK and even though he was an extreme lurker he stayed in the game, which could mean he was excited to play SK and wanted to stay in as the role even if he was busy or not motivated to post much

here, well I shouldn't talk about what's different here so that's what makes it an angleshooty read
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:43 pm
Okay so I, instead of shrugging off something I know would have quickly dissipated, decided to come up with a convoluted meta read that I know sounds somewhat incredulous on the spot. It’s unlikely.
please do not mischaracterize the situation. JJJ was actively questioning you about it; a member of the towncore is, in his own words, treating you as outed scum because of what you said. As mafia there, you would absolutely need to think of a way to justify or explain your actions, and if it really was a slip, you wouldn't have any, necessitating that you make up one.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:17 pm Mafia meta shite:

nutella, mafia in FTL

i can’t really glean anything meaningful from any of this but i appreciate the compilation
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't struggle to believe that tsp jumped to those thoughts and genuinely felt it was reason enough to think sprit/pawn slot wasn't the SK

and like hally was saying I don't think he spits out that take so brazenly if mafia. I just think he would be a bit more careful
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m in a bit of a syndicate streak for having a bad thought process and defending it poorly and to be honest I’m not sure what to do about it. Like. Disregard whether I made a good read that makes sense. I didn’t. You can see that this was in fact my thought process. Yesterday I was hesitant to believe why I thought Pawn couldn’t be the SK, today I brought that up. It’s clear how I was thinking about it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:46 pm I’m in a bit of a syndicate streak for having a bad thought process and defending it poorly and to be honest I’m not sure what to do about it. Like. Disregard whether I made a good read that makes sense. I didn’t. You can see that this was in fact my thought process. Yesterday I was hesitant to believe why I thought Pawn couldn’t be the SK, today I brought that up. It’s clear how I was thinking about it.
hm
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:17 pm Mafia meta shite:

nutella, mafia in FTL

I’m tempted to arbitrarily scum read this for giving me scum credit for the disaster that was persona V but not Epi
Alison

Post by Alison »

let's talk about your theory that the team is epi/alison/JJJ

why do you believe this is the mafia team
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

you guys really think he made up a reason on the spot after jay's accusation by coming up with a game from a year ago where sprityo happened to be sk? you think that's more likely than that he had already made that association and that's why he had the weird read?

I.... yeah I'm sorry I'm just gonna fully defend tsp here, like I said last night it's in his town meta to have jumpy thoughts like that and this is one that I really don't think he could have faked retroactively lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”