A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by MacDougall »

Let me be stupidly clear [mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention]. You said you were mystified that people assumed I had mech.

Well you might actually be seeing something I did not, which is TMI the other way. If you read Sprityo's role it doesn't say that it blocks me or anything does it?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

"falsify any reports they might receive"

So if you saw people putting TOO much stock into potential mech, you might have been seeing what you are defending tedxtr for not doing.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:17 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:11 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:03 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:59 am That'd make sense if I wasn't pushing Sprityo and softened my read on you by the time that he made that comment
Maybe. I'm thinking that by that point your read on Sprityo was no longer something they were giving much thought to since Sprityo was dead man walking...or was this earlier than I'm thinking?
Not sure how that's really relevant to your arguing against my point?

My point is that Ted somehow knew or had a feeling I had no mech. I don't think I had made that very clear. Everyone that I town read assumed that I did in fact have some sort of mech. I had stopped pushing you by the time that he made that comment. So why would mafia do what you're suggesting in that context? It'd be even more outing.
I dunno man...I never really had any feeling that you had mech. I'm not sure Ted having that feeling is particularly TMIish, though maybe. I figured you were using mech, but the mech you were using was a combination of Hally's mech and you knowing you got post capped. I was kinda mystified by the people who really strongly assumed that you had additional mech of some sort.
I'm not even sure that I believe he had enough of an understanding of the threadstate to say that "I'm 80% sure etc." It's clearly demonstrated tbh because his immediate comment after is to say that he's going to go read my plan.

He in essence said "Mac has no mech, I have no reason for thinking this and now i will go and read his post".

It can be actually interesting that you say you were mystified by the people who thought I had additional mech because you might actually have insight into TMI the other direction.
I ABSOLUTELY have TMI.

Your big four suspects were people who came from Hally's mech...and ME, who I have known all day you were wrong about so that obviously isn't mech based.

Keep tunneling, there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere.
What the hell man I'm not talking about you having TMI I'm referring to you perhaps seeing TMI on those that KNEW I had mech. Who mystified you. Where?
Oh.

Shit, my bad. Sorry.

And this is no help at all because I was debating it with Alison, and hint of TMI or not Alison is still just town. Sorry.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Rogue if you are a killer feel free to deepwolf hunt with abandon please.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:19 am Let me be stupidly clear @Timsup2nothin. You said you were mystified that people assumed I had mech.

Well you might actually be seeing something I did not, which is TMI the other way. If you read Sprityo's role it doesn't say that it blocks me or anything does it?
I been pretty heavily tunneled on for quite a while...I'm kinda tightly wound (as if I wasn't ALWAYS kinda tightly wound) so stupidly clear is good. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:24 am Rogue if you are a killer feel free to deepwolf hunt with abandon please.
What do you think of my theory that with 22 players to start there has to be some serious KP coming down the track at us?
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Is it possible that falsifying reports could extend to a fake post cap, mac? Idk if this is possible with whatever your role is or not, in a vacuum I’d say it might be.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:24 am Rogue if you are a killer feel free to deepwolf hunt with abandon please.
What do you think of my theory that with 22 players to start there has to be some serious KP coming down the track at us?
It's a fair assumption. I am only a little bit perturbed because we have zero kills n1. Usually in these sort of games the kills come thicker earlier.

I am wondering whether there are any town KP out there that also missed tbh.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

sprityo's role lowkey bastard ngl. at least imo. i think godfather in a closed setup is bastard
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I still think, even though it's OGI, that we should be very fearful of the rogue. It is not often that a host makes a point of saying that it's town vs. mafia vs. rogue so bluntly. And he's made it pretty clear we just have ONE rogue too. 3p is likely to be far stronger when there is just one than when there are multiple 3p. It's possibly a demo man or something.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:27 am Is it possible that falsifying reports could extend to a fake post cap, mac? Idk if this is possible with whatever your role is or not, in a vacuum I’d say it might be.
the post cap should be entirely unrelated to sprit’s ability as i understand it
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:29 am
It's a fair assumption. I am only a little bit perturbed because we have zero kills n1. Usually in these sort of games the kills come thicker earlier.

I kinda like to give people a little time at the start to get informed before the slaughter so I really like even night vigs and such myself. We have a fair number of people with roles we know absolutely nothing about. I'm pretty interested since it's probably not just Oddmerta that thinks I'd be a great vig target.
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Can't spell tim without tmi
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:34 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:27 am Is it possible that falsifying reports could extend to a fake post cap, mac? Idk if this is possible with whatever your role is or not, in a vacuum I’d say it might be.
Nook's suggestion is incorrect.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:30 am I still think, even though it's OGI, that we should be very fearful of the rogue. It is not often that a host makes a point of saying that it's town vs. mafia vs. rogue so bluntly. And he's made it pretty clear we just have ONE rogue too. 3p is likely to be far stronger when there is just one than when there are multiple 3p. It's possibly a demo man or something.
i definitely consider the rogue a huge threat. it’s just hard to know what to do about it now because it’s kinda impossible to hunt for 3P with so many players. idk how we catch 3P outside of mech. ig just keep yeeting not towny ppl but like if i was 3P i’d probably look like town. idk how others would play it though
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:34 am

I kinda like to give people a little time at the start to get informed before the slaughter so I really like even night vigs and such myself. We have a fair number of people with roles we know absolutely nothing about. I'm pretty interested since it's probably not just Oddmerta that thinks I'd be a great vig target.
That we had zero kills n1 means that either our 3p can't kill every night or they have a kill that snowballs/delays like an arsonist or something. Alison's notification is possibly notification of having been hit with such a role.

It's possible that Radishes has a role that target paints and protects at the same time maybe?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:30 am I still think, even though it's OGI, that we should be very fearful of the rogue. It is not often that a host makes a point of saying that it's town vs. mafia vs. rogue so bluntly. And he's made it pretty clear we just have ONE rogue too. 3p is likely to be far stronger when there is just one than when there are multiple 3p. It's possibly a demo man or something.
This seems a valid concern. I know you wanna kill me, though I'm hoping my superweak power now that town is doing so well will be convincing.

But I really think hunting the 3P is good, and I just can't shake thinking it's Nanook.
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:34 am Can't spell tim without tmi
lol
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

why? alison said that the host (sloonei) is the one who falsifies the night report himself, not the mafia. he could have written literally whatever he wants. if macdougall isnt a visiting role then i guess its possible? altho if macdougall knows this is not the case due to some mech he can't disclose then sure, its not the case then, but with the info we're given its not impossible the post cap night report came from sprityo from my understanding
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:36 am
i definitely consider the rogue a huge threat. it’s just hard to know what to do about it now because it’s kinda impossible to hunt for 3P with so many players. idk how we catch 3P outside of mech. ig just keep yeeting not towny ppl but like if i was 3P i’d probably look like town. idk how others would play it though
Do you really not have tactics for 3p hunting?

I'll give you a hint. When you flip mafia that have good hunting skills, look at who they were adamant on.

Something like Nutella's push on Juliets is a big red flag.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Samusamu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:55 pm Also didnt readed if he is only openwolfing 🌚🌚
Who is openwolfing?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:54 pm hally i think juliets is implying she knows what song spirit is?
Does this post have any relevance? Like I mean, does this mean anything now that Sprit has flipped?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The existence of a 3p gives the mafia who are prone to actually hunting an out for doing so. Look at who they push.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Why can we post hello
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:35 am
Nook's suggestion is incorrect.
is he trying to give himself an out for when jpic turns up not post capper? and then he can be like maybe it was actually sprit? but it’s actually nook? idk why he thinks that would work but gotta try something
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:56 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:03 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:39 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:32 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:19 pm Tim you need to understand that from my perspective the towncore is not only pure but has produced one pelt and had an attempt made on one of its members' lives already. I have very little doubt in the alignments of my towncore and so your constant attempts to undermine it (saying Mac had a shitty EoD and Hally could be the Mafia Watcher) is engendering no trust in you at all from me
Yeah, don't care.

If your town core "is pure" then the game is probably a win for me so whether you trust me or not I just don't GAF. What does bother me is that you make these claims about "the pelt is ours" and act like I didn't suspect Nutella as well, because that foesn't fit your pretty picture that people should appreciate the town core. That's gonna lead you to mischops. What bothers me even more is that Oddmerta, for example, has just done nothing in this game other than kiss town core ass, and if he's a wolf he's going the distance because you town core seem to like it so much. That could cost me a win here.
how do u guise not townread the emotion here?

obv i could be wrong, its not rare at all for me to be wrong but like

how is tim obvious scum?

even if he's scum i dont think he's obvious at all?
Because of everything they did to undermine the towncore, and their attempts to convince people to give nutella their song name, and generally doing nothing D1?
im just pointing out he played exactly like this as town in the semifinals. he was very distrustful of the towncore there too even though we got a wolf d1 and another wolf outed through peek d2. so like, he can absolutely be this way as town. you can choose to decide what you want to do with this info, if anything
What is Tim's wolf game like?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 am
dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:54 pm hally i think juliets is implying she knows what song spirit is?
Does this post have any relevance? Like I mean, does this mean anything now that Sprit has flipped?
Such interesting timing given I just pointed out that nutella had a hard scumread on Juliets
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Why does it always seem like I'm suicidal?

If I am a one man gang 3P the one thing I worry about most is looking too towny and getting night killed.

This is hypothetical, since I've never actually been a 3P, but I think bout things a lot.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm quite annoyed that I forgot about scum having valid hunting capacity in this build. Juliets being 3p makes a crapton of sense to me having realised this.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

lolme
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:37 am
why? alison said that the host (sloonei) is the one who falsifies the night report himself, not the mafia. he could have written literally whatever he wants. if macdougall isnt a visiting role then i guess its possible? altho if macdougall knows this is not the case due to some mech he can't disclose then sure, its not the case then, but with the info we're given its not impossible the post cap night report came from sprityo from my understanding
imo post capping is not a report. reports are specifically like investigation results and stuff like that. but like, we’ll find out the answer to this question when/if we flip nook and jpic and neither is the capper. because then it would have to be sprit. but i don’t think it is. i think sprit’s thing is totally separate
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:36 am

That we had zero kills n1 means that either our 3p can't kill every night or they have a kill that snowballs/delays like an arsonist or something. Alison's notification is possibly notification of having been hit with such a role.

It's possible that Radishes has a role that target paints and protects at the same time maybe?
Flaw in this is that why would the 3P be target painting someone the wolves are gonna kill anyway?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Where did Alison say that Sloonei is the one that falsifies reports?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:42 am

Flaw in this is that why would the 3P be target painting someone the wolves are gonna kill anyway?
How would they know?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 am

I'll give you a hint. When you flip mafia that have good hunting skills, look at who they were adamant on.

no i don’t really have specific things i look for to 3p hunt because perc almost never has 3p in our games
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:42 am Where did Alison say that Sloonei is the one that falsifies reports?
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:42 pm i asked sloonei about sprityo's third ability and he said that the scum team do not control the content of the false reports - he falsifies them by himself, through a method he refuses to disclose. mac got a false report, so there is some chance he might be interested in this info
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 am The existence of a 3p gives the mafia who are prone to actually hunting an out for doing so. Look at who they push.
but that doesn’t mean they’re correct

also they can push town too. but ig that’s not genuine hunting. but they don’t know if they’re pushing 3p or town. idk. i get your point though
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:12 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:19 pm Tim you need to understand that from my perspective the towncore is not only pure but has produced one pelt and had an attempt made on one of its members' lives already. I have very little doubt in the alignments of my towncore and so your constant attempts to undermine it (saying Mac had a shitty EoD and Hally could be the Mafia Watcher) is engendering no trust in you at all from me
Yeah, don't care.

If your town core "is pure" then the game is probably a win for me so whether you trust me or not I just don't GAF. What does bother me is that you make these claims about "the pelt is ours" and act like I didn't suspect Nutella as well, because that foesn't fit your pretty picture that people should appreciate the town core. That's gonna lead you to mischops. What bothers me even more is that Oddmerta, for example, has just done nothing in this game other than kiss town core ass, and if he's a wolf he's going the distance because you town core seem to like it so much. That could cost me a win here.

how is tim obvious scum?

Because of everything they did to undermine the towncore, and their attempts to convince people to give nutella their song name, and generally doing nothing D1?
im just pointing out he played exactly like this as town in the semifinals. he was very distrustful of the towncore there too even though we got a wolf d1 and another wolf outed through peek d2. so like, he can absolutely be this way as town. you can choose to decide what you want to do with this info, if anything
For the record it isn't that I distrust the town core. I just don't go along with "okay you are town core" translating to "you have good reads."

Like, I have never been a fan of "Hally is the Dizzy whisperer, just sheep her there since she's towncore." That doesn't mean that I think you are a wolf, it just means I'm gonna look at Dizzy dispassionately for myself. Some people seem to take that as "disrespect" ans undermining the town core. <shrug>

If the towncore is pure and working, as demonstrated by SF3 I will certainly not derail it with my inquiries. But sometimes a towncore isn't pure and working, and when that happens someone like me is plus ev for the town. I don't care what the towncore thinks of me or my play. I don't care if I survive a long time. I just want to win.
I get where you're coming from with this post, but I think if you believe the towncore is pure then it's better to just not go completely against the grain
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 am

no i don’t really have specific things i look for to 3p hunt because perc almost never has 3p in our games
Sorry if that question came across like it was belittling, I was just surprised. Makes sense though!

Yes as town hunting 3p isn't super complicated. Scummy people who aren't aligned with flipped mafia + who the mafia are pushing. Often mafia will have a role in their cabal that actually is a 3p cop of some description too so you need to be particularly looking at who mafia are playing weirdly towards.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:39 am
Yeah, don't care.

how is tim obvious scum?

What is Tim's wolf game like?
he’s very capable as scum
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:39 am
Such interesting timing given I just pointed out that nutella had a hard scumread on Juliets
Why is it interesting timing?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:42 am Where did Alison say that Sloonei is the one that falsifies reports?
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:42 pm i asked sloonei about sprityo's third ability and he said that the scum team do not control the content of the false reports - he falsifies them by himself, through a method he refuses to disclose. mac got a false report, so there is some chance he might be interested in this info
I don't super love that this question was answered by Alison and not the mod directly to the thread.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:13 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:43 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:35 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:34 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:31 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:29 pm Are my notes missing anything?
i think that tim's action for last night was "target a player. if they want to do a negative / bad action, roleblock them. otherwise not"

from the way he was talking to ted and telling him "well i hope u have done a good action"

he said the motion detector thing was an intended soft / reaction test
Well he is scum and his claim is bogus so all of that is irrelevant, a townie would of given us the legitness 5 times over by now
no man he's town

u are right that spf is scum tho. i need ur help there buddy. ur on the wrong train!
Why can't he be straightforward with us with his role and why is he moving mountains to get scum off the hook? But it's whatever, we'll find out in due time

staypositivefriend is a really interesting case, just sitting there, chill as a cucumber watching all of this go down. Not a care in the world that I suspect or that you suspect her but I can sense the killing intent. Probably laughing at me in the scum chat while sitting in a secret volcano lair on a big swivel seat and stroking a white cat
i do find the pushes on me legitimately frustrating, to be honest. i'm just doing my best not to engage with them because i know that i'll get too distracted/frustrated

also, i'm not engaging w/them because i can't engage w/people who base their reads on Feelings or gut. tutuu is the only one out of the people who are suspicious of me that's been able to mildly substantiate herself - the rest of the reads are just a vague "spf is deepwolf ://////"
I read this as legit townie frustration
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Cliffs? Tired, woke up from a dream where someone I know approached me and we got into a fist fight and then the dude started butterfly kicking the crap out of my arms but I dealt a 360 no scope after he tripped

That’s real btw, and then he just poof’d out of existence and I was scared he’s gonna re-appear behind me or something because loldreams, it’s like the lottery, you never win there

So I woke up forcefully to stop the legendary fight and I’ve only slept like 5 and a half hours for it or something
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:39 am
Why is it interesting timing?
Because I had literally just said that? I'm not suggesting you did it maliciously though.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:45 am
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 am

Sorry if that question came across like it was belittling, I was just surprised. Makes sense though!

Yes as town hunting 3p isn't super complicated. Scummy people who aren't aligned with flipped mafia + who the mafia are pushing. Often mafia will have a role in their cabal that actually is a 3p cop of some description too so you need to be particularly looking at who mafia are playing weirdly towards.
i didn’t take it as belittling

and that makes sense
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella's secrets for instance could be where the 3p relevant abilities lie.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:46 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 am
I don't super love that this question was answered by Alison and not the mod directly to the thread.
yea alison is not really supposed to explicitly reference mod communication...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So let's assume JPIC is mafia. His first inclination when pushed to produce content was to push against Juliets. Nutella pushed against Juliets. If JPIC flips mafia it strongly suggests the mafia genuinely think Juliets is the 3p.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:42 am

How would they know?
Dude you and Alison have got to be numbers one and two on the wolves "no way to mischop" list. You guys are NKs, and fairly early ones. I think that's self evident. 3P killer with target painting is collecting mid level targets that are gonna be around for the detonation on...night four? five? Whenever. That's my theory.

Of course that just borked my sussing of Nanook if the 3P was target painting since painting you makes as little sense as painting Alison.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”