juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Radiohead Mafia [NIGHT 6]

Post by juliets »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm @Alison I remember you talking about maybe being redirected on I think N3. Did you come to a conclusion that didn't happen or wasn't likely to have happened or do you still suspect it might be true?
I don't remember this. I think you're town though.
Thanks Alison. And it must have been someone else talking about your N3 results possibly being wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 am
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 pm
Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:05 pm I hope to see something from colin when I'm back. Too early to form a read but idk intuition says they might be scum?
How in the world could you possibly have “intuition” telling you anything about me with nearly zero posts
Poison scumming :)
Imagine calling poison a scum after playing with her in g9 and seeing the extremes of scumminess one can do. Lol. Anyways I see a lot of notifications from you, I'll be attending those. Oh btw!!!! Hello.. Also did you change your pfp to this one cause the other one never made others read you @Samusamu ? XD btw Herm is here as well ! And Master Radishes!! Hype!
idk man skimming her ISO and I just can't fathom scum her having the balls to do this type of thing

like in this game, if she played like this then huge props, I am like 60% confident she would've been the yeet over nutella d1 if she were to be scum here, simple as that.
I cannot take this as a compliment, bubblegum.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I skimmed through a bit. [mention]tedxtr[/mention] why do you think I'm a 3P? Do you think if I was one and I have the wincon of matching songs, would I be ballsy enough to claim my role likr that instead of making something up?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 am Locked town (can't be 3p)

tedxtr

Locked not mafia

Alison
Mac

Nutella spew question mark ?

spf
juliets
dyachei

Soul read not wolf

Poison Chan

Alleged checks / heard there were shenanigans here that I didn't get into just yet

Nanook
LC

People we don't know anything about

Oddmerta
Dizzy
Tbh, I think odd, Dya, juliets are just confirmed town. Just a theory, whoever says "Good morning Mr. Magpie" they are either all town, or the person having this ability get a confirmation of their alignments or something. Had played a game with this mech few months ago.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Poison Chan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm I skimmed through a bit. @tedxtr why do you think I'm a 3P? Do you think if I was one and I have the wincon of matching songs, would I be ballsy enough to claim my role likr that instead of making something up?
You don't need to have balls to claim your role if you help the village with it.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm I skimmed through a bit. @tedxtr why do you think I'm a 3P? Do you think if I was one and I have the wincon of matching songs, would I be ballsy enough to claim my role likr that instead of making something up?
You don't need to have balls to claim your role if you help the village with it.
Does it really work that way though?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

work what way
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

are you like openly wolfing right now, lol

are you TMIng that you don't help the village

I don't see what your point was
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

like what position do you have to be arguing from in order to make a comment like that

"Do my abilities really help the village? Hmmm"
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm like what position do you have to be arguing from in order to make a comment like that

No I'm not saying that I'm saying would a 3P be so careless as to reveal it like that just because they help the villagers?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

[mention]tedxtr[/mention] have you seen my 3P plays?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Poison Chan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:04 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm like what position do you have to be arguing from in order to make a comment like that

No I'm not saying that I'm saying would a 3P be so careless as to reveal it like that just because they help the villagers?
why do you think it's careless? :confused2:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:34 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 am actually not as confident while typing out the stuff I had

lol
ted, if I were Nutella's mafia partner I certainly would have taken the opportunity to vote for Tim at the end of day 1 when some of us were having second thoughts about her claiming she had a boat that protected people. It was a perfect opportunity to jump off of her like some others did. In the end though I was convinced she was mafia and stayed on her.
Is that so. I don't recall you ever saying this before. In fact you were in agreement with me at the time that her claim was believable and never updated that opinion.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:09 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 am actually not as confident while typing out the stuff I had

lol
ted, if I were Nutella's mafia partner I certainly would have taken the opportunity to vote for Tim at the end of day 1 when some of us were having second thoughts about her claiming she had a boat that protected people. It was a perfect opportunity to jump off of her like some others did. In the end though I was convinced she was mafia and stayed on her.
Is that so. I don't recall you ever saying this before. In fact you were in agreement with me at the time that her claim was believable and never updated that opinion.
I said in my message to ted "when some of us were having second thoughts...". Us includes me. At the end though I stayed on nutella. My point to Ted is I could have easily moved to Tim since I had shown some doubt but I didn't. Why would I stay on her if I were her mafia partner?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm The role is believable to me. Now what?
juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:19 pm I don't think she's fake. It's too random. Boats? C'mon. Also she'd come up with a fake claim that'd be more believable if she was fake.
Yeah it's the boat part that got me too.
I don't see where you determined she was scum. More like you just left your vote there because you didn't get enough other votes/JPIC and Samu didn't show up in time.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:09 pm

lol
I said in my message to ted "when some of us were having second thoughts...". Us includes me. At the end though I stayed on nutella. My point to Ted is I could have easily moved to Tim since I had shown some doubt but I didn't. Why would I stay on her if I were her mafia partner?
Why would mafia who is voting nutella move to Tim if there is no chance of it going over?

And if you really did change your mind like you say why didn't you say as much at any point at the end of the day or when I called you out on not moving off her several times on day 2?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's a facetious argument Juliets. Even if Samu and JPIC were sitting in scum chat with you for Tim to go over would require basically all of you to have moved. Mafia teams don't do that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:19 pm I don't think she's fake. It's too random. Boats? C'mon. Also she'd come up with a fake claim that'd be more believable if she was fake.
I don't see where you determined she was scum. More like you just left your vote there because you didn't get enough other votes/JPIC and Samu didn't show up in time.
I did not say outright "I am staying on nutella" I just stayed on her. Is there a problem with that? Things were a whirlwind during that EOD.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

It's bullshit that I was waiting for anyone to appear.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm
I did not say outright "I am staying on nutella" I just stayed on her. Is there a problem with that? Things were a whirlwind during that EOD.
I think there is. You are generally someone who likes to explain yourself. You also like to explore people's thoughts to evaluate situations. You didn't do that at the end of the day. You just stated you believed her, sheeped me with a succinct post and otherwise said nada. I don't see how you wouldn't say anything if you were paying enough attention to change your opinion.

Tell me what exactly made you change your mind back to her being mafia?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Here is my explanation for my progression.
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:24 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:21 pm I'm not sure why anyone would think I was bussing or distancing from nutella but I'm not disturbed by it at the moment. I think there is plenty of evidence I wasn't.

I have some questions for some people but I will save them for tomorrow and I want to absorb Mac's lists first.
My main reservation is that in light of the fact that Nutella spent nearly half the day (the latter half) a near certain yeet, at some point she's likely to go into anti-spew mode and she chose to spend most of her remaining time pushing onto you and at no point did it feel like she was going to get anywhere with that at all. You also didn't move your vote off of her when you said you bought her claim, which I think could be explained by virtue of Tim also being mafia so moving your vote to him serving little purpose.
Ok, I see what you are seeing about Nutella talking about me but I am sure she did it for the express purpose of making sure I went down after her. I am LHF to her, easy to take down. I'll be damned if I let her show everyone she can outsmart me.

As for moving my vote, this was my progression (I'll pull quotes for you tomorrow if you need me too). When nutella first claimed my immediate reactions was it sounded too specific to be a lie. I made some comment to you I think at that point. Meanwhile though, Hally and SPF were saying we shouldn't move our votes and I remember I think SPF saying something like if this was a game where we all had abilities we couldn't just pull away from chopping someone who claimed.

Then, you started asking nutella questions about her role and she started embellishing, saying for instance she had a list of every song in the game. Finally you said something like "you're making it up as you go along" and I knew I wasn't going to move my vote. That was quite late but there was still time. Somewhere in there I also asked about Colin as a possibility. I did not understand at all why people were jumping on Tim - I don't know whether I missed the reasoning or a lot of people just saw something I didn't.

So that's how it went down for me. Like I said, I'll be happy to pull quotes if you like to illustrate.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm It's bullshit that I was waiting for anyone to appear.
Maybe. Maybe you were going to switch off but couldn't find a valid reason to vote Tim. Maybe you and Nutella decided it was safer for you to just leave your vote there.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:21 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm
I think there is. You are generally someone who likes to explain yourself. You also like to explore people's thoughts to evaluate situations. You didn't do that at the end of the day. You just stated you believed her, sheeped me with a succinct post and otherwise said nada. I don't see how you wouldn't say anything if you were paying enough attention to change your opinion.

Tell me what exactly made you change your mind back to her being mafia?
I just posted the conversation we had earlier about this subject.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:22 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm It's bullshit that I was waiting for anyone to appear.
Maybe. Maybe you were going to switch off but couldn't find a valid reason to vote Tim. Maybe you and Nutella decided it was safer for you to just leave your vote there.
Did you read my explanation?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You did make that Colin post. So in the middle of deducing nutella was actually mafia and not moving your vote you thought it pertinent to attempt to push onto someone else?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also could you explain this?

"I am sure she did it for the express purpose of making sure I went down after her. I am LHF to her, easy to take down. I'll be damned if I let her show everyone she can outsmart me."
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 pm You did make that Colin post. So in the middle of deducing nutella was actually mafia and not moving your vote you thought it pertinent to attempt to push onto someone else?
I didn't push - I asked about him. I was considering possibilities, looking at all angles. As I said at the time and will say again, I didn't understand the votes for Tim.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let me paint a picture Juliets. You tell me that if you were mafia with Nutella it wouldn't go down like this.

Step 1 - Nutella would distance from you. Nutella is someone who would need to do this because you and her have played together too much if you town read each other or avoided engagement it would out the other if one of you flipped. True or false?

Step 2 - If there was a chance of saving your partner going down day 1 you would have a go at taking it would you not? You'd at least lend your voice to naysayers.

Step 3 - Is it not possible that seeing that there is no way to save your partner you decide to not move your vote after all? Would nutella not encourage you to keep your vote there in that scenario, knowing what you know about her?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 pm Also could you explain this?

"I am sure she did it for the express purpose of making sure I went down after her. I am LHF to her, easy to take down. I'll be damned if I let her show everyone she can outsmart me."
I don't understand what you want me to explain. It's very clear cut. She was after me because she see's me as LHF, someone easy to chop. She wanted me to be chopped. I said I would be damned if I let that happen.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 pm

I don't understand what you want me to explain. It's very clear cut. She was after me because she see's me as LHF, someone easy to chop. She wanted me to be chopped. I said I would be damned if I let that happen.
Specifically you said she did it for the purpose of making sure you went down AFTER her. That's what I'd like you to explain. How does her actions profile as wanting you to be chained to her scumflip?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

PS. I've been watching Suits lately so I'm grilling you like a lawyer in a deposition lol.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm Let me paint a picture Juliets. You tell me that if you were mafia with Nutella it wouldn't go down like this.

Step 1 - Nutella would distance from you. Nutella is someone who would need to do this because you and her have played together too much if you town read each other or avoided engagement it would out the other if one of you flipped. True or false?

Step 2 - If there was a chance of saving your partner going down day 1 you would have a go at taking it would you not? You'd at least lend your voice to naysayers.

Step 3 - Is it not possible that seeing that there is no way to save your partner you decide to not move your vote after all? Would nutella not encourage you to keep your vote there in that scenario, knowing what you know about her?
Nutella usually reads me as scum when I'm town so sure, if we were partners she might read me as scum again. We have never been scum partners so I don't really know whether this is true or not.

If nutella was my partner and I saw an opportunity to jump onto someone else because others were doing it and it wouldn't be suspicious thats what I'd do.

I cannot guess what nutella would have told me to do. You'll have to ask her. It looked to me that Tim had a good chance to go over. iirc dya was also talking about moving her vote, there may have been others, there was a lot happening. The important thing is people were jumping off of nutella onto Tim and if I had done that it would have looked fine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 pm

Specifically you said she did it for the purpose of making sure you went down AFTER her. That's what I'd like you to explain. How does her actions profile as wanting you to be chained to her scumflip?
Oh I was talking about at the end when she was still pushing me after it looked like she was going down.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 pm

Oh I was talking about at the end when she was still pushing me after it looked like she was going down.
So you are saying Nutella was in fact pushing you to make you look like partners?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 pm

So you are saying Nutella was in fact pushing you to make you look like partners?
At the end yes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thanks for answering all my questions XD
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 pm Thanks for answering all my questions XD
You're welcome.

Honestly though, I have no problem if we have tons of chops left before we lose if you want to just chop me to get this slot resolved. I don't have any shots left so I'm not useful there and the mafia is not likely to NK me because of that. I would rather not end up in a F3 or close to it where I can blow the game after we played this hard.

Right now though, I'm going to wash my hair.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hair-washing tell. Hard mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well, I'm back but not much is happening. I'll be around if there is anything I need to address.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Logic
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Logic »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 pm Hair-washing tell. Hard mafia.
This tell isn't exactly new to me, but how?

The coffee tell I get. The sleep deprived I get. But hair washing?
Can someone explain to me that one?
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Also, I put in my track, so I'm out after tonight.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Logic wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:55 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 pm Hair-washing tell. Hard mafia.
This tell isn't exactly new to me, but how?

The coffee tell I get. The sleep deprived I get. But hair washing?
Can someone explain to me that one?
Lol, I'm pretty sure he's kidding.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm not really in this game anymore. I can't be.

I'm out of shots. Yeet me if you must. I'm town.

I guess Alison is scum or there's shenanigans in alignment checks.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ok I'm gone again

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would be surprised if I'm not the victim tonight but we will see. Good luck everyone.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

This sure is a lot of woe from a town that nailed 3 mafia in the first 4 days.

Calm down and focus. Hunt. We have plenty of chances to get this right.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Logic wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm This sure is a lot of woe from a town that nailed 3 mafia in the first 4 days.

Mmmm good pep talk Logic!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 pm
Logic wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm This sure is a lot of woe from a town that nailed 3 mafia in the first 4 days.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but I choose to view it as not.

(Besides, with all these commitments to slanking, I want to shore up town's drive to hunt so I get to slank.)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Logic wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 pm

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but I choose to view it as not.

(Besides, with all these commitments to slanking, I want to shore up town's drive to hunt so I get to slank.)
Oh no Logic no no, I know you don't know me well but I'm rarely sarcastic in mafia, that was true feels. We had been droopy and you said just the right thing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not concerned.

Return to “Previous Jobs”