EpiDun (Host, Mod, Dead, Specs)
64%

Total votes: 22
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1077

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 1]

Post by Master Radishes »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:19 pm hmmm, maybe thunal's just pocketed me

Her frustration came across as genuine to me
I agree, and it kind of held me back from piling on earlier.

But frustration can come from both alignments. :shrug2:
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 91
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:19 pm hmmm, maybe thunal's just pocketed me

it might be genuine. it's not fun to be read as a wolf even when you are one

I don't think it's AI to be frustrated
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:21 pm

I'm gonna force a masonry on you
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 582
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

hyena, the first post you quoted i've actually britneyhaynescringe.gif at when reading thunal's iso

and assuming you've said something amongst the lines of "i thought you weren't scum reading me, thought it was a test" to someone (don't know the context) then of course someone's gonna have a lot more bite into that. so if you're a villager, i think it's actually an even worse look because it's the only thing Thunal actually pushed on relentlessly with that aggressiveness etc and it's on a villager too for some unexplainable thought that villagers could make but sounds terrible.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

dyachei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:21 pm

it might be genuine. it's not fun to be read as a wolf even when you are one

I don't think it's AI to be frustrated
That's fair.

I'm not confident enough in voting there but I won't argue against it either
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

@tedxtr All of this is after I claim my role. This is related to why Mac ends up scumreading her:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:28 pm I believe Hyena's claim since it would be a horrible tactic as a complete fakeclaim. I still don't know what kind of roles The Syndicate tends to put in their games, would a role that talks to the dead be an exclusively town role or is it a plausible mafia or 3p role here too?
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 pm From a mechanical standpoint Hyena's role would make more sense as a town role and be almost entirely protown. It would be possible to use such a role in a way that benefits mafia but in general it would benefit town a lot more.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:27 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 am Oh I just realised something. Y'all talking about Hyena's role like it was the Pirate role. It's just DDL's role from U-Pick. Which was a scum role. DDL early claimed it and used it to live the longest of all the mafia. The role was literally a scum role in U-Pick.
Why did nobody mention this? Did it have the same flavor in U-Pick?
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:53 pm What's the deal with Hyena's role? Was the original version a scum role?
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:38 pm I also don't think people answered me on this: was Hyena's original role a scum role? Do people think Hyena's role means he shouldn't be a yeet target?
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:45 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:38 pm I also don't think people answered me on this: was Hyena's original role a scum role? Do people think Hyena's role means he shouldn't be a yeet target?
Holy shit you are caught mafia.
I'm literally trying to mechanically solve. Can you answer my question? I don't know how the GoC works and I know it's not a 1 to 1 alignment match but I'm trying to figure out if Hyena's claim is towny.
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:27 pm She knew the role was a scum role already.
I didn't know! Someone said a similar role was scum in Pirate Mafia but nobody else said that and Hyena's flavor was from The Lion King so it might have been referring to a different role. So I wanted to know whether it matched with a scum role or not and I still want to know that.
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:40 am
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:35 am
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:31 am
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:26 am
What was Hyenas claim?
A role that could choose one person from the living to talk to a dead person each night. I thought it was a town role at first because of what it was but someone brought up that there was a role like that that was scum and I wanted to know if Hyena's role was specifically based on that scum role.

This "scumslip" tilts me a little bit. I've tried really hard to communicate clearly this game especially with my PoE status and I swear I did not scumslip and I'm not scum.
Talk to me about this scumslip. What did you do from your perspective and how is this a scum thing?
Mac says I'm caught mafia because he thinks me forgetting that Hyena's exact role was scum in a different game was somehow a scumslip. I'm not even sure why he thinks I scumslipped but he's saying I'm caught mafia.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 0]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:16 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:11 pm Okay, so here was the exchange we had (it was about 112):
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:23 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:18 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:16 pm

He engaged in the animal/veggie talk last night, but okay. o:
You're right, that animal/veggie talk has game changing implications
It actually did. 112 didn't realize we were doing the animal/veggie talk and thought I was actually putting together a real towncore. XD I think she's mafia, by the way.
We won't know until we get her flip the exact ramifications of the animal/veggie talk.

Hey, wanna vote 112 with me?

She probably won't like it very much, but if she's Maf then no biggie.
Turns out he offered to vote 112 with me AFTER I made an accusation towards 112. He was kinda pushing on Radish though before that. Man, I dunno.
fwiw the first strong stand I took in this game is that at least one wolf group actively wanted to kill 112 during that time
Can you point this stance out? I don't really understand how that theory could be posited on Day 1.
It's back there in my ISO somewhere. The basis of it was that there was a stretch where 112 was lead wagon, and was starting to look sort of stagnant. Usually that early a stagnant wagon just sort of dissipates...the first vote comes off and the other people on the wagon just sort of move on be cause it has that "past its prime" vibe. But with the 112 wagon every time a vote fell off there would be a discussion in the thread about 112 and someone would wind up getting on board. It did not feel like normal flow to me, and I said so...and the next time someone got bored and moved their vote the wagon quietly fell apart.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Hyena wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:19 pm Here's a couple more @tedxtr:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:37 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:53 pm Hyena's response continues to deal with people town-reading them, but this still is not what my issue is. Yes, not everybody in the thread was suspicious of Hyena at the time, and yes several people had expressed multiple reads on Hyena as well. But there was a flurry of suspicion directed at them which struck me in real time as authentic, genuine, and spontaneous. Hyena brushed it off as a widespread reaction test from several people all at once, apparently. And that specific reaction does not sit well with me.

Now having said all of that, it would be groovy if we had a more concrete summary of the suspicion that existed against Hyena at the time. I remember trying to get some hot gossip out of Wilgy at the time to no avail. I don't know if Mac or nutella ever gave us a clear argument either. Tutuu agreed with my take on the "reaction test" response, but prior to that had just plopped a reactionary vote, as far as I recall.
Okay, okay. I'll tell you why Thunal and Syn are ACTUALLY scumreading me. They're OMGUSing me right now, and so is Made probably to a certain degree (after I started talking about him this morning). Basically, everyone that I saw that is suspecting me right now is someone I called scum at some point.
@Thunal33 @Syn @Made
That's not true at all. In fact, I actually forgot Hyena scumread me. I think Hyena's reaction to suspicion and takes throughout the game seem fake (like it feels like he's making up scumreads to say he has reads), and I don't think this "there's no way people are genuinely suspecting me right now" attitude is towny.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:45 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:30 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:24 pm We have almost 24 hours to go and I have no intention about getting more active...but based on my limited participation I am not feeling it on Hyena and would oppose that chop. Made is...meh. If things are the same as they are now with an hour to EoD I would start pushing Nutella probably, just to see if the Made push is serious, then go with whichever seemed bedt choice to push past Hyena.
After the lack of response from Made to my post + the vote Made made on me, I wanna pursue him. I haven't really gone looking for anyone else to pursue yet though. Starting to do that right now with people I haven't really looked at yet, like MR.
So you dismiss mine, Syn, and Made's pushes on you as OMGUS then you do this? I get the feeling you care more about surviving than solving the game. Like, Made is a really convenient push for you at this point.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:48 pm Hyena's recent posts haven't changed my scumread on him except for making it stronger.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:48 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:45 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:30 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:24 pm We have almost 24 hours to go and I have no intention about getting more active...but based on my limited participation I am not feeling it on Hyena and would oppose that chop. Made is...meh. If things are the same as they are now with an hour to EoD I would start pushing Nutella probably, just to see if the Made push is serious, then go with whichever seemed bedt choice to push past Hyena.
After the lack of response from Made to my post + the vote Made made on me, I wanna pursue him. I haven't really gone looking for anyone else to pursue yet though. Starting to do that right now with people I haven't really looked at yet, like MR.
So you dismiss mine, Syn, and Made's pushes on you as OMGUS then you do this? I get the feeling you care more about surviving than solving the game. Like, Made is a really convenient push for you at this point.
Oh, I'm not doing any solving right now, lol. Guilty as charged. XD I'm just trying to get people to spill their guts out D1 and do stuff/react to stuff so that I have more interactions to read later on.
So you admit both to being performative and to having fake positions?
i think this is slightly better though, agreed.

seems like the only push that fits the bill
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 341
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:27 pm She knew the role was a scum role already.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Get in line - Ted declared me his mason already.

We can form a neighbourhood.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 pm

i'll get in line when you get out of my head
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:16 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:15 pm My mason bro articulating my feelings on Thunal better than I can.

[VOTE: Thunal] aubergine

Let's go cat v cat. :ohyeah:
i feel like I'm chopped liver now
Sounds like it might be a better time to be chopped liver than it is to be a cat.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm hyena, the first post you quoted i've actually britneyhaynescringe.gif at when reading thunal's iso
No Big Brother references. ;-; Stick to Survivor references -- I know them better.
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm and assuming you've said something amongst the lines of "i thought you weren't scum reading me, thought it was a test" to someone (don't know the context) then of course someone's gonna have a lot more bite into that. so if you're a villager, i think it's actually an even worse look because it's the only thing Thunal actually pushed on relentlessly with that aggressiveness etc and it's on a villager too for some unexplainable thought that villagers could make but sounds terrible.
Well, yeah, I wanted people to have a lot of bite into me. I wanted to see who would pounce on it. :D Anyway, I've been waffling on Thunal all game. I did call her scum initially, and I think I ended up townreading her recently, but then she started questioning me about my role again, and it was weird.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

our masonry is opened to 3 people only, 2 of which are us
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 pm

I thought I was the honorary mason member :pout:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Hyena wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:29 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm hyena, the first post you quoted i've actually britneyhaynescringe.gif at when reading thunal's iso
No Big Brother references. ;-; Stick to Survivor references -- I know them better.
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm and assuming you've said something amongst the lines of "i thought you weren't scum reading me, thought it was a test" to someone (don't know the context) then of course someone's gonna have a lot more bite into that. so if you're a villager, i think it's actually an even worse look because it's the only thing Thunal actually pushed on relentlessly with that aggressiveness etc and it's on a villager too for some unexplainable thought that villagers could make but sounds terrible.
Well, yeah, I wanted people to have a lot of bite into me. I wanted to see who would pounce on it. :D Anyway, I've been waffling on Thunal all game. I did call her scum initially, and I think I ended up townreading her recently, but then she started questioning me about my role again, and it was weird.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Reviewing the cat iso
cat wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:19 am @cat what is your point in making note of my post count?
I personally don't remember pretty much anything you've done. And you have a lot of posts. :ponder:
So i thought it would be funny to point it out since you are doing the same thing.
112 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:37 am
112 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:35 am I don't think Syn would keep pushing Nute if he was wolfing, so there's that
I don't understand the logic, please elaborate
nute's obvtown
Why? Can you explain their meta? I'd say nutella is uncomfortable in the thread.
I remember not liking this post. I feel as though I've been all over this game, and my presence should be unmissable. Cat came in with some snarky dismissiveness, saying he didn't remember anything I'd done or said. I just struggle to believe that's a thing a person could honestly say after reading any portion of this thread. I mean, my name's on the banner. That alone should be enough to get people to notice me, right? Please. I am desperate for validation.

I also want to note that cat is firmly anti-nutella early on. I disagree with that read whole heartedly, but he's not the only one. Still something I want to point out though. If nutella is indeed town, she was a prominent and vulnerable target in the earliest stages of this game.
cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:32 am
cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:23 am
cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:22 am Nice to see Made wagon and me not reading anyone on it as wolf, staying here until i finish reading.
Sloonei i don't understand your question at all. Can you answer it first?
@Sloonei
I'm just asking what kind of mafia player you are. I believe this is our first time playing together (I hosted you in Simpsons, but did not follow that game super closely), so I'm just looking to understand what you're trying to do in this game right now, what sort of things you're looking for, etc.
OK that makes more sense, i thought you were telling me to do something.
I'm trying to catch up but i keep getting distracted by everything. I gave up on reading tutuu because i'm too lazy. When i read i skip memes and i look for people's thought process and trying to figure out how are they approaching the game. Hoping to vote out atleast 1 mafia this game.
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:38 am @cat who were you in Simpsons?
I was Lisa Simpson. I also played in 8 ball mafia and The Christmas game.
I also did not care for this response to my follow-up prods. I tried twice to ask cat the most generic question I could: What are you trying to do in the game right now?
His answer amounted to "I've given up on trying to read tutuu" with a blurb about understanding mindsets. That is less than inspiring.

In this big post, cat sends some suspicion falcon's way that I find questionable:
Refusing to play the game is a common strat here. He gave reads anyway so it's not like he's that stubborn. GTH mafia. No balls.
Highlighted my main objection. I know cat played Simpsons, and he was alive for one whole day of Christmas Time (sorry for that one, cat). I don't know what other games he has played on the Syndicate. But "refusing to play the game" is not at all something that I regard as a "common strategy" for wolves here. It might happen occasionally, but certainly not commonly. I do not think that it happened in either Simpsons or Christmas Time. I know for sure that the mafia team in Simpsons was highly active, and the Christmas team kept a pretty even pace with the rest of the thread. I once again struggle to believe in this as an authentic read from cat.

Cat's big response to the Mac case. Feels very tame, careful. Cat does a thing that I've come to associate with caught wolves here:
This is probably the main clincher of the case. I assume the idea is ''Made said something in mafia chat, cat went in and unvoted, and slipped the fact that he was going to do it."
I have no defense for this, it's just bad wording on my part. Good catch.
Although why would a wolf be so focused on unvoting from a wagon that was tied with two others almost two days before EoD is a different case.
What this case basically falls down to is if i actually slipped my intentions from the start or was it bad wording. If you assume i'm just saying ''i'm catching up, but i like Made wagon'' then the case falls apart pretty instantly, since the other reasoning is pretty much NAI. if you assume i actually slipped and this was a heavily preplanned move in an unecesarry scenario, then fair enough, can't do much about it other than to leave my final reads.
He becomes somewhat deferential in his response, acknowledging one particular point against him as valid rather than combatting it, and offers an explanation why it should be read Another Way.
Also, I don't feel like this point (RE: cat's Made read) is the main point of the case. Or, I didn't feel that way when reading it just now. It just ends up looking like the point cat is most conscious of. I wonder why that is. @cat why is this one point about your handling of Made your main focus in your response to Mac?
Also, do you have any general thoughts on the big swing in momentum against you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

idk atm i'm pretty set on cat so i don't wanna vote for thunal, if cat shows up and starts posting like an obvious villager then i may switch

anybody know if they post within this time frame?
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

cat wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:06 am Introduction
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:12 pm
The reason I suspected Cat initially was a post they made defending Made from a Mac prod.
The only reference i have to you is almost getting chopped D1, getting salty and then modkilled later. All i know is that you are a passionate player, but i'm not really bothered if i interfered something important. This looks worse since i don't respond to a lot during my catchup but i decided to because you weren't on the wagon and throwing bad reasoning to vote him, which is what mafia often does when their buddy is in trouble and they don't want to look suspicious.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:12 pmAt present, the main concern I have is their progression from RVS through to unvoting Made feeling too constructed. Lacking the random energy of town and being too mindful of not appearing "scummy".
That's simply because i'm not a regular player. This account i made here is specifically so i play the game and not meme for the entire game, with a foreign crowd and all.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:12 pmWhen you add their relatively low content volume, the relative incisiveness of their perspectives vs. their volume and the lack (until now) of any real push against them. I do believe you have a mafia.
My lack of volume compared to my incisiveness comes from me not being the most active player. I could post more but i wouldn't be able to make pretty much any reads. And the lack of a push comes from people not pushing me. You could say there's a lack of push against every player that hasn't been pushed seriously yet. So i'll assume this was tacked on for wordcount.
My slip and switching from Made
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:10 pm
cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:22 am Nice to see Made wagon and me not reading anyone on it as wolf, staying here until i finish reading.
Cat has given the game away immediately. Indeed by saying this they reveal their true intent, which is to indeed not stay there.
This is probably the main clincher of the case. I assume the idea is ''Made said something in mafia chat, cat went in and unvoted, and slipped the fact that he was going to do it."
I have no defense for this, it's just bad wording on my part. Good catch.
Although why would a wolf be so focused on unvoting from a wagon that was tied with two others almost two days before EoD is a different case.
cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:18 pm Every time I see Made post I just been like look at dat wolf. There is very little by way of solving. He hasn't had any spicy pushes that I saw. He keeps doing wolfy popins where he just comments half the time on NAI concerns then skeets off back to wolf chat.
Sounds more like low-effort than scum to me. :huh:
Pause the tape right here. Do you see that? You see the emoji? Yeah. You see the emoji.

Important to note, that Made had a fair wagon comp at this point.
Yeah, and i pointed it out. If you can explain this one i'd appreciate it, not sure what your point is here.@MacDougall
cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 am
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:13 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 pm
Why did you intentionally play scummy?
Trying to increase my town range
This is so dumb i kinda believe it.
[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
Hmmm were it not for the groundswell of momentum towards this outcome I would be inclined to believe it and see it as towny indeed! Wily. Sadly, not wily enough. Now, let's reverse tac, and see how they arrived at this point where lines indeed crossed over and Made became Nutella.
My switch onto Nutella
cat wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:25 am
Syn wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:50 pmnutella is wolfin'
Do you have an explanation for this? Why is this your only read and who did you steal it from?
If you had no reads at all it would be very towny but this sticks out as a sore thumb.
Unlike Made, Cat in fact began with somewhat of a defense of Nutella. Similar levels of vitriol towards Syn as was shown initially towards Made.
cat wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:16 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:53 pm Image

Those last few posts from Nutella super sus.
i want to townread this post too wtf i should stop. i dont think im doing this right. surely at least 1 wolf has posted by now
Towny. And yes those posts were sus. Nutella both acknowledges what's going on bringing attention to but kind of brushes it under the rug at the same time.
Trimmed from the very same wall in which he quoted my post to start inverting his Made read we have this borrowing of Jack's nutella argument.
You're off by a day. I'll assume this was on purpose. If it was on the same day i'd say your argument would make even less sense though. I would have a reason to townread my scumread and a reason to scumread another on the same day, which would ultimately make my vote switch. In this scenario i saw people's reads on Made weren't as strong as i expected and Made started popping off so i jumped on the new best thing which was another scumread of mine and to see what happens. You could say i should have started a wagon on Syn but i'm way too lazy for that, so i just said they are wolfy and left.
cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm My issue with Nutella here is that I've had basically no content as is normal for me, and yet somehow she's giving a pass to other posters with similar reps (Nanook, Wilgy, et al) and apparently can't formulate any better reads on people with far more content. I am her *only* wolf read, and all I've done is shitpost as usual. My one bit of content, at a stretch, is a mild and brief back and forth with falcon where I felt he was being hedgey and forcing a push on me (and I stand by that, though I don't know it's AI for him) and that's apaprently enough to have her decide I am not only a wolf but her *only* wolf so far.

It's an opportunistic nudge and she's not disguising it well enough.
Fun post. I like it.
So fun that he cites it later as his reason for sheeping. Perhaps more fun because it's more content for him to justify his ultimate goal of moving his vote off of his teammate Made and onto Nutella (which he was trying to make look random the entire time).
Or it's another good reason to jump on the person who's being scummier.
cat wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:26 am
112 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 am nute's obvtown
Why? Can you explain their meta? I'd say nutella is uncomfortable in the thread.
Pushes back when someone calls her Obvtown, asks for elaboration on it. But...

He arrived there anyway.
112 didn't respond. I took the readlist from tutuu since i saw nutella and syn is a high town so i was gonna analyze it but i got lazy and went ''ah it will be fine i'll just do it later and see if i agree then''.
What this case basically falls down to is if i actually slipped my intentions from the start or was it bad wording. If you assume i'm just saying ''i'm catching up, but i like Made wagon'' then the case falls apart pretty instantly, since the other reasoning is pretty much NAI. if you assume i actually slipped and this was a heavily preplanned move in an unecesarry scenario, then fair enough, can't do much about it other than to leave my final reads.

About MacDougall, if Made or Nutella is mafia,and especially if both, he is a little more likely, since his action of pushing Made will fall short if he chops me and it also draws attention away from Nutella for the time being. But his reads have been very agressive and changing so it's not a strong reasoning.
I...don't know what this defense is but I don't like it
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:48 am
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:14 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:11 am @MacDougall I vote group 1.

I do think tutuu's scum this game, so I don't want to give her immunity.

shoutout @tedxtr wish u were here bud

be careful what you wish for
Sup
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

nutella wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:33 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:48 am
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:14 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:11 am @MacDougall I vote group 1.

I do think tutuu's scum this game, so I don't want to give her immunity.

shoutout @tedxtr wish u were here bud

be careful what you wish for
Sup
pwning wolves, hopefully

u?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

also where tf is mac, i wanna real time with the dude

my sixth sense tells me we're villaging
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:27 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 am Oh I just realised something. Y'all talking about Hyena's role like it was the Pirate role. It's just DDL's role from U-Pick. Which was a scum role. DDL early claimed it and used it to live the longest of all the mafia. The role was literally a scum role in U-Pick.
Caught mafia.
Actually, I'm not sure I see this. I have a tendency to skim posts and not remember everything, isn't that just what's happening here?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i want to have 2 votes today
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 am
Michelle wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:28 am I can only promise to not tunnel Radishes today and wait for him to warm up more
I've noticed you've left me alone, and I do appreciate it btw.

Now someone tell nutella to do the same.
I am lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dyachei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:36 pm i want to have 2 votes today
You can have my vote then.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:35 pm also where tf is mac, i wanna real time with the dude

yeah i was concerned about mac earlier but he got villagery mostly last night to this morning
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:38 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:36 pm i want to have 2 votes today
You can have my vote then.
vote cat
Master Radishes
Hitman

dyachei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:38 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:35 pm also where tf is mac, i wanna real time with the dude

yeah i was concerned about mac earlier but he got villagery mostly last night to this morning
Therefore this is my opinion as well. :beer:

It is anyway.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: cat] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:39 pm [VOTE: cat] aubergine
thanks!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:32 pm idk atm i'm pretty set on cat so i don't wanna vote for thunal, if cat shows up and starts posting like an obvious villager then i may switch

I've only noticed cat posting at like 2 AM my time, so I'm not optimistic about that.

Hi, you've only just arrived. What has convinced you to vote for cat over thunal? Are there any other names you've been suspicious of?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Completely random tangent:

What is everyone's opinions on Tim?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:39 pm [VOTE: cat] aubergine
Sorry tim, I'll join you on Sloonei another day

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:41 pm Completely random tangent:

Tim is cool AF.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:40 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:32 pm idk atm i'm pretty set on cat so i don't wanna vote for thunal, if cat shows up and starts posting like an obvious villager then i may switch

I've only noticed cat posting at like 2 AM my time, so I'm not optimistic about that.

Hi, you've only just arrived. What has convinced you to vote for cat over thunal? Are there any other names you've been suspicious of?
sup sloonberg

you can read my iso, but if you've read mac's posts on cat it pretty much nails my thoughts, which is why i think we're villaging as well.

my vote could be wherever, if cat somehow becomes obvtown by EoD i can switch, but my case for him i trust more than what i have for thunal, especially seeing some evidence that i could be wrong on her.

and for the other names, probably falcon who also dipped the thread after asking some question to my post calling him out
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have felt vaguely good about him since early on, but I do not understand his view of me in this game. It might just be paranoia on his part and a desire not to let me in particular ruin the game. But there have been a number of times where he's objected to posts of mine in ways I just do not understand.

i'm too narcissistic to have an opinion of him in regards to anything other than myself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

What an intelligent question!

I think Tim is town because he's comfortably doing his own thing, and yet I have never been able to read Tim correctly and want others to tell me what to think about him.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:48 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 pm Okay so this reaction from TSP, Tutuu and Sloonei to my Thunal case. Is precisely why Made is outed mafia for his reaction to my pushing Cat. @nutella
wait what
This is how townies respond when I make five head cases.

Made was just like "yes daddy" and lapped it all up.

Made in particular does not treat me that way.
DrWilgy treats you this way

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

he's certainly a player in this game
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:43 pm

sup sloonberg

you can read my iso, but if you've read mac's posts on cat it pretty much nails my thoughts, which is why i think we're villaging as well.
Did you have these thoughts prior to reading mac's case? What do you mean when you say "we're villaging"? Who's we, and what do mac's posts have to do with that?
my vote could be wherever, if cat somehow becomes obvtown by EoD i can switch, but my case for him i trust more than what i have for thunal, especially seeing some evidence that i could be wrong on her.

and for the other names, probably falcon who also dipped the thread after asking some question to my post calling him out
Have you looked at hyena?
also you didn't comment on thunal here. Please tell me about thunal. If you've already talked about her elsewhere, could just restate your main points? please and thanks
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:44 pm

I have felt vaguely good about him since early on, but I do not understand his view of me in this game. It might just be paranoia on his part and a desire not to let me in particular ruin the game. But there have been a number of times where he's objected to posts of mine in ways I just do not understand.

i'm too narcissistic to have an opinion of him in regards to anything other than myself.
Nothing personal...I honestly trust no one.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:42 pm

Tim is cool AF.
Well let's not overstate things. He's alright.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:50 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:44 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm
[b wrote:Thunal33[/b] post_id=721345 time=1613053653 user_id=798]

Caught mafia.
yo she was asking for further confirmation of if ddl was specifically rafiki, im p sure
she literally asked if it was a scum role, which is the reason she fucking latched on to my post in the first place.
she literally asked if it had the same flavor

she saw that you had pointed out it was a scum role

and was further confirming if it was the same one

idk how youre misinterpreting this so uncharitably lol
because I do that sometimes
Ok, now this just sounds deliberate.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Syn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 am I've only played one game with tutuu

does she tend to try and flood the thread with pointless things as town during active gameplay
Is this for real?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:43 pm

sup sloonberg

Did you have these thoughts prior to reading mac's case? What do you mean when you say "we're villaging"? Who's we, and what do mac's posts have to do with that?

Have you looked at hyena?
also you didn't comment on thunal here. Please tell me about thunal. If you've already talked about her elsewhere, could just restate your main points? please and thanks
1) i did. and me and mac, because he nailed my exact thoughts on cat.
2) nope, michelle quoted me a post but i couldn't comment with anything because hyena had to reply first because i can infer anything. why should i look into hyena, is he a wolf for you?
3) and i've already did a few pages ago, just iso me lol
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:52 pm 1) i did. and me and mac, because he nailed my exact thoughts on cat.
2) nope, michelle quoted me a post but i couldn't comment with anything because hyena had to reply first because i can infer anything. why should i look into hyena, is he a wolf for you?
3) and i've already did a few pages ago, just iso me lol
How much of the thread have you read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:33 am Tutuu is actually le town.
Nope.

I don't see a solving mindset there.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:52 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 am I've only played one game with tutuu

does she tend to try and flood the thread with pointless things as town during active gameplay
Is this for real?
yes...Tutuu really does that in her very lovable way, and Syn really whined about it in his...I think there was an absolute lack of anything AI there.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

very little, and not sure when i'll get to reading it. not even sure if i'll read it, isoing seems like the better choice honestly.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”