Why
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 1020
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 5]

Post by Scotty »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:43 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:50 am I want Tim to be telling the truth rather badly for a number of obvious reasons. It would fit in with several narratives. It would be funny. But especially it would allow me to start working with instead of against Tim.

Also, it’s really easy to verify if he’s telling the truth or not.

Everyone should explicitly CC or not CC Tim. If nobody CCs 3P, Tim is confirmed 3P and we can put all this to bed. If someone CCs, then we yeet Tim and if he flips 3P, we yeet the CCer tomorrow.

The only downside to this is if Tim is a wolf and the real 3P doesn’t CC. I think this is unlikely because with the current gamestate, claiming 3P and being believed probably means you probably coast to victory whereas a real unclaimed 3P is at risk of being nked or yeeted. It’s more the super corner case of a 3P being flat forbidden from claiming in his rolecard. Super corner case. Very unlikely. I’m okay losing in that scenario.

I am town, not 3P.
WTF????

I never said I was the 3P.

I'm assuming the Mace is some sort of soup kill thing that is collecting our names somehow, much like Alison's power in GoC. I am exactly what I said, the merchant, it's just the what I can buy are writs from the Molag Tong. c"mon man, you've played Morrowind...

The 3P doesn't need to cc me. All you need is some shrine goer to say they went to the same shrine as whoever went nights one and four, but they went on night three and killed Mac. That's the counter claim the wolves need to make.

But they won't, because my fellow townies managed to out their vig. <slow clap>
Who outed themselves as the vig? Did I miss that?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:43 am Ok let’s assume Tim is 3p. This would mean he is on no one’s team, and we would want to stop looking at him as teammate compatible.

Gav has been screaming to the rooftops that Tim is SK. Linking Mac as the one to out him.

That is suspicious because this could have been something by they discussed in scum chat and Gav has attached himself to that and expounded it ad nauseum.
This is just daft AF.
Well yea, I’m daft. After punk left, where else could I go but back to mafia?

Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 908

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:50 am I want Tim to be telling the truth rather badly for a number of obvious reasons. It would fit in with several narratives. It would be funny. But especially it would allow me to start working with instead of against Tim.

Everyone should explicitly CC or not CC Tim. If nobody CCs 3P, Tim is confirmed 3P and we can put all this to bed. If someone CCs, then we yeet Tim and if he flips 3P, we yeet the CCer tomorrow.

The only downside to this is if Tim is a wolf and the real 3P doesn’t CC. I think this is unlikely because with the current gamestate, claiming 3P and being believed probably means you probably coast to victory whereas a real unclaimed 3P is at risk of being nked or yeeted. It’s more the super corner case of a 3P being flat forbidden from claiming in his rolecard. Super corner case. Very unlikely. I’m okay losing in that scenario.

I am town, not 3P.
WTF????

I'm assuming the Mace is some sort of soup kill thing that is collecting our names somehow, much like Alison's power in GoC. I am exactly what I said, the merchant, it's just the what I can buy are writs from the Molag Tong. c"mon man, you've played Morrowind...

The 3P doesn't need to cc me. All you need is some shrine goer to say they went to the same shrine as whoever went nights one and four, but they went on night three and killed Mac. That's the counter claim the wolves need to make.

Uhhhh...me. It's what we are currently talking about here...
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Scotty
Jeff

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 4]

Post by Scotty »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:08 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:47 pm The most likely Mac partner I could find was Enrique. For Mac to throw an occasional "yeah if that flips wolf I am distanced" barb and never make any real push towards an obvious LHF is suss as hell. A power wolf is always considering "what if my target claims at the last minute and I have to lead a flash wagon somewhere?" Otherwise the flash wagon winds up on a packmate. To just leave Enrique laying around without setting them up for that contingency...Enrique was pack.

Vulgard came in, made a big "hard worker" splash without really doing much but toss off reads with a thin cover of "reasoning" and providing a new POE to contain the chops away from the rest of the pack...just took up where Mac left off.
Nah. This is a deliberate omgus-like attempt to disrupt the thread and cast shade on Vulgard, who has become basically the towniest player in the game now.
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:47 pm So that's my legacy...if the wolves manage to kill me here. But here's a warning to the wolves. You got that artifact that Mac called me stupid for wanting to keep out of your hands, but it is not the only source of vote fuckery in the world of Elder Scrolls. If you really want to run me up you shouldn't have waited so long and let me accumulate so much money. I can kill whoever you put up as a counterwagon, so you better make sure you get a second town up there, because if I show up as obviously wolf pushed counterwagon to a dead wolf you are NEVER gonna be rid of me.
Nah. v!Tim doesn't talk to the wolf pack like this.
Literally this is all you’ve said in regards to Vulgard. That you both are going to “dynamically duo it”. But why is he the towniest player here? You give no reasoning

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:57 pmWhy
Cuz.

I thought we had this all planned out.

Back to wolf chat.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:01 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:58 pm

I am town, not 3P.
WTF????

Uhhhh...me. It's what we are currently talking about here...
Oh gotcha. So who did the kills N1 and N4? All you’ve claimed is the Mac kill n3

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Or are you saying the 3P did those?

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Master Radishes »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:02 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:47 pm The most likely Mac partner I could find was Enrique. For Mac to throw an occasional "yeah if that flips wolf I am distanced" barb and never make any real push towards an obvious LHF is suss as hell. A power wolf is always considering "what if my target claims at the last minute and I have to lead a flash wagon somewhere?" Otherwise the flash wagon winds up on a packmate. To just leave Enrique laying around without setting them up for that contingency...Enrique was pack.

Vulgard came in, made a big "hard worker" splash without really doing much but toss off reads with a thin cover of "reasoning" and providing a new POE to contain the chops away from the rest of the pack...just took up where Mac left off.
Nah. This is a deliberate omgus-like attempt to disrupt the thread and cast shade on Vulgard, who has become basically the towniest player in the game now.
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:47 pm So that's my legacy...if the wolves manage to kill me here. But here's a warning to the wolves. You got that artifact that Mac called me stupid for wanting to keep out of your hands, but it is not the only source of vote fuckery in the world of Elder Scrolls. If you really want to run me up you shouldn't have waited so long and let me accumulate so much money. I can kill whoever you put up as a counterwagon, so you better make sure you get a second town up there, because if I show up as obviously wolf pushed counterwagon to a dead wolf you are NEVER gonna be rid of me.
Literally this is all you’ve said in regards to Vulgard. That you both are going to “dynamically duo it”. But why is he the towniest player here? You give no reasoning
You're right, I don't.

What's your point?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:04 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:02 pm

You're right, I don't.

What's your point?
This is a terrible line of defense

Master Radishes
Hitman

But I'm not defending anything.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:13 pm Oh we're at this stage of the game are we.
Yea the point of the game where you explain reads and try to keep digging.

That you’ve essentially made up your mind on the team and refuse to do any more tells me either you’ve copped something and are being mum or, most likely, you are wolf

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:13 pm Oh we're at this stage of the game are we.
What stage is that?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:07 pm
What stage is that?
Me getting sussed.

Usually happens much earlier.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:07 pm
Yea the point of the game where you explain reads and try to keep digging.

That you’ve essentially made up your mind on the team and refuse to do any more tells me either you’ve copped something and are being mum or, most likely, you are wolf
Indeed, those are options.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:06 pm But I'm not defending anything.
Someone wise once said “the best defense is offense”

I said that btw

You have 2 votes on you and you’re just shrugging it off and not looking at the game.

Why should I view Vulgard as the towniest town to ever town

Master Radishes
Hitman

Good talk. Din dins now.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: Master Radish’s unborn carrot] aubergine

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 821
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

what's going on here
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

but i took an arrow to the knee
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:10 pm but i took an arrow to the knee
You should get that checked out

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:11 am [VOTE: Vulgard] aubergine

Get gud you lame townies. I haven't got a solve and I'm certainly dying soon now, but at least I killed a wolf...and yes I also claim a significant chunk of the Falcon pelt and just because you can't follow it doesn't mean it doesn't count...and I'm gonna hand you another one here.
did he claim this before or could i not tell because then i took an arrow to the knee
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ok so tim claimed 3p and now im gonna vote gavial because he was there when I took an arrow to the knee
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:08 pm
What stage is that?
Me getting sussed.

Is suspicion of you based on game timing, not your thread interactions and opinions?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:13 pm ok so tim claimed 3p and now im gonna vote gavial because he was there when I took an arrow to the knee
Kinda sure Tim claimed vig, not 3p.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:13 pm ok so tim claimed 3p and now im gonna vote gavial because he was there when I took an arrow to the knee
He keeps claiming that he’s not as such

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I actually think Tim is the 3P and exasperatingly felt like he had to claim

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i think tim is lock not mafia and i dont care what to do about him after that.
i used to care, but then i took an arrow to the knee
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

post restrictions are terrible for people who post whatever they think without any effort. i used to be a spam poster but then i took an arrow to the knee
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:03 pm Or are you saying the 3P did those?
I actually believe there is a vig shrine. It may have only one person who can use it and they accessed it N1 and then agin three days later, or it may have multiple people who can access it and it give just one of them a vig...and of course they all went N1. Maybe if that is true they got smarter and one got a vig N4 and one or more will access it tonight, which would be cool.

I on the other hand am a straight up rechargeable town vig. I do go to shrines, and as the merchant I do make money based on how many people show up there, but the purpose of the money is that I can buy writs from the Morag Tong. They are the guild of honorable assassins from Morrowind, and they never miss because even if they do they just send another assassin. If Mac had been protected N3 he'd have been hit again N4, etc until dead. The only person I cannot vig is the Champion of Molag Ball. If I try to writ him they will refuse my money and I get to try someone else the next night.

I was holding out because obviously a vig is just gonna get NKed, especially a vig that already turned the game around by blasting Mac, but my goose egg on sales last night and the dwindling prospects indicate I am not gonna get another shot anyway. I need to get four more sales and with so many shrines and so few players chances of getting more than one a night seem slim.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Heeeey @Jackofhearts2005 i know you said it unironically but can you walk me through what a no-lynch does to benefit town in this position?

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I'm pretty decent at reading vulgard I think, I'll take a look after I get back from my appointment at the doctor which I scheduled after I took an arrow to the knee
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:15 pm post restrictions are terrible for people who post whatever they think without any effort. i used to be a spam poster but then i took an arrow to the knee
It sounds like ‘‘twas the early arrow that got the worm in this case

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:16 pm I'm pretty decent at reading vulgard I think, I'll take a look after I get back from my appointment at the doctor which I scheduled after I took an arrow to the knee
Look at radish while you’re at it

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:16 pm I'm pretty decent at reading vulgard I think, I'll take a look after I get back from my appointment at the doctor which I scheduled after I took an arrow to the knee
If you people just set aside this "well, X is a Y reader, and Y reads B and C, and Z is an X reader, but is always wrong on A so that's useful too" approach to the game and just started looking at "this here, this is an ACTION, not just a POST THAT SOUNDS GOOD, but an actual doing of something, and that something is blatantly towny...where this other action is blatantly wolfy so maybe we kill the person who did that, hey?" maybe I wouldn't want to shoot everyone in the fucking knee all the time.
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i have absolutely no idea what vulgard has done because i haven't understood any of the last five pages because I took an arrow to the knee
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Waiting on lost monkey to come in here with a green check on KZA

Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:13 pm
What stage is that?
Me getting sussed.

Is suspicion of you based on game timing, not your thread interactions and opinions?
What's the point of this question
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:33 pm
What stage is that?
Me getting sussed.

Understanding you.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:25 pm i have absolutely no idea what vulgard has done because i haven't understood any of the last five pages because I took an arrow to the knee
Cased Falcon, then bailed when wagon actually took off. This is called distancing gone bad. The only possible thing to say for it is that Radishes cased Falcon also and then never voted him at all. This is called "oh fuck, partner might go down, better lay something down for spew reads just in case." The only thing I can say for either of them is that MAYBE since they both cased Falcon and then baselessly ended up on the same townie maybe they aren't BOTH wolves.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Scotty wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:08 pm You have 2 votes on you and you’re just shrugging it off and not looking at the game.
Correct. As I said right at the point I subbed in, I'm not putting in effort to this. I'm not investing myself into the outcome here.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i used to be all about killing subs but then i took an arrow in the knee
Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:35 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:33 pm
What stage is that?
Me getting sussed.

Understanding you.
You've played with me before. You have a brain. You know my initial posts were largely tongue in cheek.

Stop angling to get on my wagon and just hop on with the others.
Master Radishes
Hitman

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:39 pm i used to be all about killing subs but then i took an arrow in the knee
This is my favourite curse thingy so far.

My previous slot owner had to say 'lollygag' but only made one post.
Master Radishes
Hitman

For post game cred: I didn't read much of Tim's post and I don't believe his claim.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

If I had just gone to the stupid chaos shrine every night I'd have made enough money to vig the entire wolf team and out the 3P. This town man...
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

barring a cc "i nightkilled a wolf who wasn't gonna get chopped" is really good as far as clearing goes and if you don't believe his claim then I think that maybe it would be the case that you had, like me, taken an arrow to the knee
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:41 pm For post game cred: I didn't read much of Tim's post and I don't believe his claim.
This is classic Radish with the IDGAF defense. Building the bad town meta for the next wolf rand, or is this the wolf rand? No way to tell...but there's no way to make him actually help the town here.

If he flips wolf that looks less bad for Vulgard, and Vulgard seems useful if town.

[VOTE: Radishes] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ha i thought that post from MR was towny but then i took an arrow to the knee
Master Radishes
Hitman

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:46 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:41 pm For post game cred: I didn't read much of Tim's post and I don't believe his claim.
This is classic Radish with the IDGAF defense. Building the bad town meta for the next wolf rand, or is this the wolf rand? No way to tell...but there's no way to make him actually help the town here.

If he flips wolf that looks less bad for Vulgard, and Vulgard seems useful if town.

[VOTE: Radishes] aubergine
My entire being can be best summed up as 'IDGAF'.

See, this is why I just continue not to buy any of your suss on me Tim. You can't possibly believe half of what you say about/towards me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”