Total votes: 10
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 371
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Re: Philosophy Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by iaafr »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:15 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 pm NAA, when/why did you start suspecting spf

skimmed your iso and i feel like it came out of nowhere
I started suspecting SPF when Mac mentioned it last night (I also voted SPF at the time for a short while before switching back to Dizzy.
yea but mac didnt exactly articulate why either iirc

still kind of confused on the reasons
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 pm I'm pretty sure nanook is exactly the kill Mac would make btw
IDK, Mac didn't kill Nanook last time he rolled Mafia.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
Spoiler: show
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:13 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:12 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:11 pm I had no energy for that game, so I just took being yeeted
That's just game throwing.
No that's what you do.
That's why I'm 0%... Oh wait.
You have more losses than wins as town too? How about you get a positive record before talking.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:17 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:15 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 pm NAA, when/why did you start suspecting spf

skimmed your iso and i feel like it came out of nowhere
I started suspecting SPF when Mac mentioned it last night (I also voted SPF at the time for a short while before switching back to Dizzy.
yea but mac didnt exactly articulate why either iirc

still kind of confused on the reasons
I just gave some
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

anne wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:13 pm
anne wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:09 pm i feel like spf is actively repeating everything everyone has already said in the last few pages
lol what? am i supposed to not share observations if other people have posted similar thoughts? you can read me better than this
every thought has been similar, but even ignoring that... you saying i can "read you better than this" feels insincere given our history
we both know that this isn't true, and i don't know why you're stretching the truth like this to make your point look stronger if you're a villager. i've posted multiple thoughts on this page alone that are clearly not copied from anyone else

also it's not insincere - your reasoning to scumread me or townread me as either alignment is almost always informed by your experience with me, whereas the thing that you just poked at (ie: 'SPF is posting similar thoughts to other people") feels weirdly nitpicky and generic
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 pm I'm pretty sure nanook is exactly the kill Mac would make btw
I feel that
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:17 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:11 pm I had no energy for that game, so I just took being yeeted
No that's what you do.
You have more losses than wins as town too? How about you get a positive record before talking.
I mean, I usually crush it on my home site as town, it's absolutely meaningless in the context of playing with new players all the time. I don't know why you go on feeling bad about yourself all the time, and then blaming others for your failures.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:15 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:55 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:53 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:27 am
ilario wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 am But who am I misreading then 🥺
i dunno, what do ur reads currently look like? if you post a list of ur reads then ill tell you where i think youre most likely misreading or misclearing

it'll have to be tomorrow tho cause i should have gone to bed like an hour ago

Ummm I don’t think Alexa or lc ever busses jjj like that So they are town. I don’t think bunny hops off like that eod as mafia and gives up on easy towncred and when I was going over eod yesterday with leetic I found towny posts from iaafr and think he’s town.

Falcon is town regardless of macs alignment, I don’t think they’re scum together but I can see Mac using falcons inactivity and his habits of hard tunneling a read as someone who would be perfect to pocket and scumside while Mac just hides in scum chat manipulating him and talking about farts in the thread. I am somewhat exaggerating this scenario because of how annoying falcons read on me is lol and the fact that he just afks all game and decides as his only worthwhile contribution is to random tunnel me is just aggravating. I also think leetic mentioned somewhere that nook fossed Mac and the nook NK implies there’s probably Atleast one more syndicate regular in the scum team and Rn I think nutella is more towny than mac.

Anne I thought was town early on, read through her iso last night and still seemed fine to me. Idk if her interaction with jjj early game is a point in her favour or against her favour given that she is good at theatre as scum. Like I don’t get why she cares about jjjs read on her when they don’t have much experience together but other then that I think she’s been towny.

Naa won me over by his reaction to me today, but him only hunting for two scum when there’s 3 alive is a bit hmmmm

Leetic has a theory that Nutella might have tmi’d esooa as a partner but if that’s not the case then I can see a world where they’re both town. I had reservations about nutella after the flip yesterday but I think her posts today seem genuine and so do esooas and also I think if sloonei was maf with jjj d1 he would have Atleast made more of an effort. I get people can get busy irl but nobody is so busy that they can’t Atleast make a few decent posts. People don’t low post because they’re live is super busy, yes it plays a factor but if someone still cared about the outcome they’ll still put in some effort to post even if busy. I think sloonei would have felt as with jjj as his teammate. Also jjj made some post about saving his posts near eod to get to talk to sloonei and that didn’t feel partnery to me.

So yeah that leaves dizzy wilgy mac you even though you had posts I liked on d1 I also did find some stuff that felt off about u at times
agreed that alexa and LC are town

i agree that occam's razor points to falcon just being a villager, although im reluctant to clear him specifically because of mac's claim because mac has a recent history of hard shielding and hard defending one of his partners and trying to go to endgame from it (that game where he was wolf with kane and twice shrunk). even so, i agree that there's a higher probability that falcon is town than not

i think that you're clearing anne, NAA, and esooa too easily. do you have any reasons to townread anne beyond her being "fine"? i agree that some of her posts on d1 were towny, but we're at a stage of the game where that isn't a good enough reason to townread someone. i also don't agree with you that NAA's reaction was towny

also, i fundamentally disagree with your reasoning for townreading the esooa slot and i think it's a weird thing to read into. we know for a fact that sloonei was very busy IRL throughout d1, and i think it's weird to assume that he would have magically gotten more free time and ability to post if he had rand'd wolf with jagged - that doesn't seem like a reasonable or logical assumption to make, and i think it's the type of reasoning that will get you burned incredibly easily. i also think that esooa sounds tonally stiff in a way that i have NEVER seen from her in a mafia game before, so i'm not sure what to do with that
how am I tonally stiff
here's an example:
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:40 pm actually Nutella I feel like you should be town reading me tbh

like, in the last game we played you scum read me (though incorrectly) for being too serious

I guess I could see you not thinking of that this game cause it was wrong but I'm pretty sure you're aware I'm a lot more casual as town cause of that and irt my meta like that I'm decently towny imo

so what's up with that
i feel like i would have never in a million years pictured you using phrases like: "i feel like you should be townreading me tbh" or "so what's up with that?" as either alignment - you are usually very direct and assertive as either alignment but i feel like youre choosing your words very carefully in this game in a way that pings me as stilted/nervous

i dont think this is a good reason to scumread you now that im typing it out tho
idk, I got less than three hours of sleep last night, and night before

maybe that or something

meh really I just play how I want

I'm pretty sure I was way more tepid in the 16/8 game too and the back end of poisonous, was I not?
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

literally cant stop laughing whenever LC gets into a winrate measuring contest

i have a 0% winrate on this website btw, we're fucked, town
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NAA's reasoning to scumread me is weird since he's already played a game with me as T/T and knows that me overexplaining my reads isnt a wolftell
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I feel nutella would also make that kill
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm literally cant stop laughing whenever LC gets into a winrate measuring contest

i have a 0% winrate on this website btw, we're fucked, town
Town has been losing a lot, a lot of players just don't know each other, it's actually sad to see some players taking the losses hard. It'll balance out.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm NAA's reasoning to scumread me is weird since he's already played a game with me as T/T and knows that me overexplaining my reads isnt a wolftell
ive been here confbiasing anne/naa/mac (before mac it was like a pool of not mac but then i got reminded maybe mac) since sod and laughing at everybody with different reads and one of my only points of doubt is "could my entire scumteam just be town and right on spf" and then im like "lmao naaaaaah"
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 am But who am I misreading then 🥺
i dunno, what do ur reads currently look like? if you post a list of ur reads then ill tell you where i think youre most likely misreading or misclearing

Ummm I don’t think Alexa or lc ever busses jjj like that So they are town. I don’t think bunny hops off like that eod as mafia and gives up on easy towncred and when I was going over eod yesterday with leetic I found towny posts from iaafr and think he’s town.

Falcon is town regardless of macs alignment, I don’t think they’re scum together but I can see Mac using falcons inactivity and his habits of hard tunneling a read as someone who would be perfect to pocket and scumside while Mac just hides in scum chat manipulating him and talking about farts in the thread. I am somewhat exaggerating this scenario because of how annoying falcons read on me is lol and the fact that he just afks all game and decides as his only worthwhile contribution is to random tunnel me is just aggravating. I also think leetic mentioned somewhere that nook fossed Mac and the nook NK implies there’s probably Atleast one more syndicate regular in the scum team and Rn I think nutella is more towny than mac.

Anne I thought was town early on, read through her iso last night and still seemed fine to me. Idk if her interaction with jjj early game is a point in her favour or against her favour given that she is good at theatre as scum. Like I don’t get why she cares about jjjs read on her when they don’t have much experience together but other then that I think she’s been towny.

Naa won me over by his reaction to me today, but him only hunting for two scum when there’s 3 alive is a bit hmmmm

Leetic has a theory that Nutella might have tmi’d esooa as a partner but if that’s not the case then I can see a world where they’re both town. I had reservations about nutella after the flip yesterday but I think her posts today seem genuine and so do esooas and also I think if sloonei was maf with jjj d1 he would have Atleast made more of an effort. I get people can get busy irl but nobody is so busy that they can’t Atleast make a few decent posts. People don’t low post because they’re live is super busy, yes it plays a factor but if someone still cared about the outcome they’ll still put in some effort to post even if busy. I think sloonei would have felt as with jjj as his teammate. Also jjj made some post about saving his posts near eod to get to talk to sloonei and that didn’t feel partnery to me.

So yeah that leaves dizzy wilgy mac you even though you had posts I liked on d1 I also did find some stuff that felt off about u at times

i agree that occam's razor points to falcon just being a villager, although im reluctant to clear him specifically because of mac's claim because mac has a recent history of hard shielding and hard defending one of his partners and trying to go to endgame from it (that game where he was wolf with kane and twice shrunk). even so, i agree that there's a higher probability that falcon is town than not

i think that you're clearing anne, NAA, and esooa too easily. do you have any reasons to townread anne beyond her being "fine"? i agree that some of her posts on d1 were towny, but we're at a stage of the game where that isn't a good enough reason to townread someone. i also don't agree with you that NAA's reaction was towny

also, i fundamentally disagree with your reasoning for townreading the esooa slot and i think it's a weird thing to read into. we know for a fact that sloonei was very busy IRL throughout d1, and i think it's weird to assume that he would have magically gotten more free time and ability to post if he had rand'd wolf with jagged - that doesn't seem like a reasonable or logical assumption to make, and i think it's the type of reasoning that will get you burned incredibly easily. i also think that esooa sounds tonally stiff in a way that i have NEVER seen from her in a mafia game before, so i'm not sure what to do with that
how am I tonally stiff
here's an example:
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:40 pm actually Nutella I feel like you should be town reading me tbh

like, in the last game we played you scum read me (though incorrectly) for being too serious

I guess I could see you not thinking of that this game cause it was wrong but I'm pretty sure you're aware I'm a lot more casual as town cause of that and irt my meta like that I'm decently towny imo

so what's up with that
i feel like i would have never in a million years pictured you using phrases like: "i feel like you should be townreading me tbh" or "so what's up with that?" as either alignment - you are usually very direct and assertive as either alignment but i feel like youre choosing your words very carefully in this game in a way that pings me as stilted/nervous

i dont think this is a good reason to scumread you now that im typing it out tho

maybe that or something

I'm pretty sure I was way more tepid in the 16/8 game too and the back end of poisonous, was I not?
tepid maybe, but still natural. this is the first game ive played with you where some of your posts have pinged me as sounding like someone trying to do an imitation of you

i care more about your reads than your tone though
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm
No that's what you do.
I mean, I usually crush it on my home site as town, it's absolutely meaningless in the context of playing with new players all the time. I don't know why you go on feeling bad about yourself all the time, and then blaming others for your failures.
I have nothing to feel bad about, I play well, there's only 1 game where I feel like town L was my fault the rest of them I wasn't the issue.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:22 pm
No that's what you do.
I have nothing to feel bad about, I play well, there's only 1 game where I feel like town L was my fault the rest of them I wasn't the issue.
I mean, your instinct to push responsibility for losses onto others actually comes through in your playstyle, how you try to be so polarized that you're basically an IC... That way you're never at fault.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:22 pm

how am I tonally stiff
here's an example:

so what's up with that

maybe that or something

tepid maybe, but still natural. this is the first game ive played with you where some of your posts have pinged me as sounding like someone trying to do an imitation of you

how's it an imitation if I'm usually direct and such but this game I'm not that?
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I would also sheep Marmot at EoD if it came down to it, I'm confident he's town.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:24 pm
No that's what you do.
I mean, your instinct to push responsibility for losses onto others actually comes through in your playstyle, how you try to be so polarized that you're basically an IC... That way you're never at fault.
I'm usually not.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:22 pm

how am I tonally stiff
here's an example:

so what's up with that

maybe that or something

how's it an imitation if I'm usually direct and such but this game I'm not that?
because your posts sound distinctly like theyre coming from Esooa, but a slightly scummier and more nervous version of Esooa
cassandra
The Mark
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: she

Post by cassandra »

Anne why are you still voting Falcon when we explained why voting Falcon before Mac doesn't make sense?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:26 pm

No that's what you do.
I'm usually not.
OK, so you just play like garbage on this site then? :phew:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:26 pm

I'm usually not.
Did you read what I actually said?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:27 pm

I'm usually not.
It was only 3 words, how did you screw that up?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:27 pm

I'm usually not.
Ah, I thought you were talking about being an IC, if you're talking about how you're delusional, then I agree.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
staypositivefriend
Hitman

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:21 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm NAA's reasoning to scumread me is weird since he's already played a game with me as T/T and knows that me overexplaining my reads isnt a wolftell
ive been here confbiasing anne/naa/mac (before mac it was like a pool of not mac but then i got reminded maybe mac) since sod and laughing at everybody with different reads and one of my only points of doubt is "could my entire scumteam just be town and right on spf" and then im like "lmao naaaaaah"
i feel like the game would be a little too easy if that was the exact scumteam tbqh, but wouldnt surprise me if that pool had 2/3
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:29 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:21 pm
i feel like the game would be a little too easy if that was the exact scumteam tbqh, but wouldnt surprise me if that pool had 2/3
Max 1/3 tbh
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@NotAnAxehole @Lime Coke

I feel you're both derailing things here. If you're both town, then let's work on solving eh?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:30 pm @NotAnAxehole @Lime Coke

I feel you're both derailing things here. If you're both town, then let's work on solving eh?
I'm literally actively trying to solve by giving my opinion on the game anytime I can. :nicenod:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
anne
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 237
Aka: neopest

Post by anne »

fine

unvote
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

I just opened Nook's iso and he thought Sloon was maf because busy town Sloon tries to me at least one read so yeah I may be townreading Esooa way too easily here

Tiers:
Illario, leertic, Falcon, Lime Coke
Iaafr, Nutella, Spf

Marmot
--POE
Dizzy
Wilgy
Esooa
NAA
Anne
Mac
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

cassandra wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:37 pm I just opened Nook's iso and he thought Sloon was maf because busy town Sloon tries to me at least one read so yeah I may be townreading Esooa way too easily here

Tiers:
Iaafr, Nutella, Spf

Marmot
--POE
Dizzy
Wilgy
Esooa
NAA
Anne
Mac
I don't think this PoE is winning
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:30 pm @NotAnAxehole @Lime Coke

I'm literally actively trying to solve by giving my opinion on the game anytime I can.
:nicenod: :knight3: :bliss: :yay: :wine: :martini:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

wow tfw alexa has nearly my exact ordering

the magnitude of meld
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

cassandra wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:37 pm I just opened Nook's iso and he thought Sloon was maf because busy town Sloon tries to me at least one read so yeah I may be townreading Esooa way too easily here

Tiers:
Iaafr, Nutella, Spf

Marmot
--POE
Dizzy
Wilgy
Esooa
NAA
Anne
Mac
am I going to have to find the games sloonei did literally nothing as town d1 because there's multiple iirc
staypositivefriend
Hitman

esooa do u have any scumreads yet?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

about to get my flu shot gl gl me
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:40 pm esooa do u have any scumreads yet?
yes

but I'm not going to say who cause I don't wanna cause I'm at work

I'll post after I read day 1 but some annoying person is at my work rn so I have to pretend to be half busy and can only live post rn
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:38 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:36 pm anne seems really awkward here like she doesn't know how to look like she has any insight or contributions to the thread lol.

the spf/mac interaction was weird, i can see that as any configuration of alignment really

i feel like spf has been pretty low key so far and i don't have a clear view on what i think of her at all

esooa... idk. i go back and forth. sloonei was p much completely nai but my gut still says wolf, and esooa has been fairly neutral in my view so far. the fact iaafr townreads her does mean something to me though, iaafr is my single beacon of sanity in this thread where everyone else is taking crazy pills and pushing the least charitable interpretations of everything i say
agree regarding Anne

regarding myself idk, I'm reading the game and then will post thoughts and people will probably go "wow esooa why'd we think you were mafia" or wtv
Nanook's read wasn't just doing nothing, it's that Sloonei asked for some info (maybe a summary) and proceeded to do nothing with that.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Tiers:
Iaafr, Nutella, Spf

Marmot
--POE
Dizzy
Wilgy
Esooa
NAA
Anne
Mac
Who am I misreading in the top 7?

Tbh after hydra game I'm very open to reconsidering my confident townreads but if illArtic is mafia I don't think I'm ever getting there reading illario's approach to Falcon this phase
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 459
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:40 pm i will probably scumread jay on d1 and then decide he's in town meta on d2

the inverse of silverkeith
this post pinged me because it's the type of post that i would make as a wolf that wants to contribute to the ongoing conversation about jagged's alignment without having any specific observations to make - it's a very filler post, which is totally fine, but it just felt a little awkward for nutella to sit out of the conversation about jay's alignment while still somewhat involving herself in it
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 pm Just so we're clear what's happening here i already gave my three and a half reads and now I'm going to shit post until I cap myself and come back 10-15 minutes before eod to naked vote and be sheeped and we may or may not hit mafia but it'll be worth it for the experience and the memories
this is performative

might loop back to being towny but im not sure
im also a little concerned on how nutella went from: "this post from nanook is performative but maybe in a towny way" to putting nanook in her "Bad Vibes" tier on #266, and her push on cassandra on #316 pinged me when i was catching up as well. i do think that nutella is playing closer to her scum game than her town game so far and i guess i want to make that known, but if she is town then im pretty confident ill find her
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:31 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 am i think youre oversimplifying my reads, to me there was more nuance between these but maybe it wasn't clear, like the first nanook comment was a net negative albeit light, and you're renaming my meh tier to bad tier to exaggerate a perceived discrepancy which in my pov wasn't a discrepancy at all? i'm almost concerned that you're trying to paint my progression as less consistent than it truly was in the posts that are right there that you can read

yeah the more i think about it the more thats classic scum spf narrative tweaking
to be clear, i don't think there's a discrepancy in your progression on nanook - i just felt that your progression on him was a little underdeveloped/unclear

it is usually very easy to understand how your reads shift from point A to point B when youre town, whereas your reasoning to put nanook in your "meh" tier seemed more opaque, which made me worried that you were just going through the motions of having a progression instead of organically coming up with one, if you get me. i would actually find it helpful if you talked about your thoughts on nanook a little bit more (and ftr some of your posts on this page are making me wonder if youre just town)

also the renaming of the "meh" tier wasnt intentional but that probably is something i would do as mafia
i don't really know what to do with this high-volume form of nanook and there are ways i can read his performativity as town indicative, maybe even more likely so. the post about planning to hit postcap and drop off pinged me as something wolf nook might want to do as a kind of defense mechanism (use up posts and take himself off the table in a way). idk. i think he's using the posts well so far and not just spamming, and i liked that he picked up on jay's vibes being off, even if i don't agree with how hard he's pushing it since jay's vibes tend to be off d1 ime. like i don't think jay is seen as a mischop in general but it's conceivable to push him d1? idk i don't actually see the permutation of wolf nook and town jay here making sense. conceivably nook could be hellbussing jay as w/w for fun and profit but i think it's more likely nook is simply town who truly feels bad vibes from jay
okay thanks, i like this post
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:01 pm
cassandra wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:34 pm I'm squinting at both JJJ and Mac.
can you talk about your read on JJJ a bit more? i know youve mentioned that you felt that he has been "off" in some way (and i actually think that marmot nailed the description of why it might feel that way, because it is true that JJJ is focused more on posting individual observations than he is on dialoguing directly with other players), but im not sure if him being "off" is a reason to wolfread him within itself. im having a hard time getting a grasp on JJJ in this game in general, so i wanna talk about him more
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:59 pm I'm a bit torn on the rodent from the PNW. Holistically, I think his posts look fine -- his hunt seems to be organized in a way that recalls some of his other recent town efforts reasonably well. Conversely I sensed some opportunism in his treatment of me (e.g. suggesting I changed my approach somehow after pressure). I grant there's personal bias in that. It'd help to get someone else's perspective about Marmot's view of me.
fwiw i thought that marmot's initial reasoning to scumread you was among some of the towniest stuff that he's posted, because he pinpointed a specific observation about you that i hadnt found a way to put into words yet, which indicates to me that marmot was putting genuine thought into his read on you. i thought the way that he treated you from there came off as a bit binary/maybe a bit too focused on keeping you in his POE, though
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:46 pm Why is Nanook town
Perhaps a more productive way to frame this question:

What’s the fundamental difference with respect to interpreting alignment between Nanook and NAA in this Day 1?
the best answer i can give without going back to nanook's ISO is simply: "tone/motivation" - it felt like nanook had a drive to push his reads forward when he was posting earlier in the day, whereas it seems like NAA has lost that drive, even if i don't think that necessarily reflects on his alignment

i'm open to considering both NAA and nanook as wolves, but i suppose i'm looking for a reason to be suspicious of them that isn't simply: "they aren't towny", and i don't feel like anyone has provided that type of reasoning yet

I would call spf compatible teammates with Jay based on these Day 1 posts. Spf made reads on several other players Day 1 for their reads on Jay, without contributing any such reads of his behavior of her own. This includes:

- A suspicion of nutella before backing off
- Asking cass about her opinion
- townread of Nanook
- townread of me

The closest she got to talking about it was acknowledging it in her conversation with cass, though spf offered no specific read of her own on him. My interpretation, spf was testing the waters to see if JJJ was in any danger, and how she should handle his slot.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Tiers:
Iaafr, Nutella, Spf

Marmot
--POE
Dizzy
Wilgy
Esooa
NAA
Anne
Mac
am I going to have to find the games sloonei did literally nothing as town d1 because there's multiple iirc
Firstly, that would be NAI at best. Secondly, and this goes to everyone, I'd like it if we'd stop speculating about Sloonei's reasons for inactivity/needing a sub. I remember people doing that kind of thing to me when I had to sub out due to a mental health crisis, and I did not like that one bit, especially when people were still bringing it up more than a year after the fact. Besides, Esooa gives us more than enough to work with.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei did nothing Day 1 in the last two games he played. He was chopped Day 1 in one of them, and killed Night 1 in the other, and was town both times.

Let's reserve any speculation for why he might sub out, k?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

cassandra wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:46 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Tiers:
Iaafr, Nutella, Spf

Marmot
--POE
Dizzy
Wilgy
Esooa
NAA
Anne
Mac
Who am I misreading in the top 7?

Tbh after hydra game I'm very open to reconsidering my confident townreads but if illArtic is mafia I don't think I'm ever getting there reading illario's approach to Falcon this phase
Esooa, Dizzy, SPF are my wolf picks right now. So we're not totally opposed on our reads.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Can anyone give me a reason to townread nutella beyond "feels genuine"?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

leetic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:54 pm Can anyone give me a reason to townread nutella beyond "feels genuine"?
Should be Mac's counterwagon.
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

Noted on Sloon, but essentially that post was just me saying that I don't feel comfortable locking someone as town when the somewhat surprising N1 kill had him as maf.

Why SPF, NAA?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

leetic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:54 pm Can anyone give me a reason to townread nutella beyond "feels genuine"?

Not specifically, but she's a player where that kind of read goes a long way in my experience.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

I also had this on my mind as I remember it triggered something in my head and it was before the JJJ flip
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm Maybe this is the game Jimmay and Sloonmeister finally landed mafia together. We can only hope.
@Dyslexicon what triggered this anyway? I feel like Sloonei at least did not post anything to make their alignment clear so why did you think Sloonei randed with Jay rather than just Jay?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

@Marmot why'd you not respond to what I @d you with

actually marmot is my biggest wolf read btw

Return to “Previous Rackets”