Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 5]

Post by alexa »

though i think i initially had TSP/SPF as not W/W so lol. i don't even remember why i thought that, i think i saw like one post and was there instinctually but it's really nothing compared to LC/SPF and Gira/SPF dissociatives
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:24 pm
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:45 pm @Lime Coke

can you explain to me why you actually voted wilgy on day 1?
Didn't have reasons to townread him. His start of day sucked with him just sticking a vote on me saying I was "outed" and I should be killed immediately. The other wagon for a majority of the day was Alexa who I was townreading at the time and he was on the wagon.

During EOD the other wagons were Alexa, Nanook, you, and FingerSplints. I didn't want to vote out Nanook because he had a towny moment right before EOD with his kinda "fire" towards getting Wilgy wagoned. You were a possibility because you were kind of just there but your defense against Alison gave you some sort of edge over other options. FingerSplints was the only other "good" option because she wasn't too active and had a weird lazy solve that included Alexa who was top wagon and Illario. Alexa I was flat out strong townreading and never voting then.
But Wilgy just looked bad for most of the game. Plus he wasn't actually "self-pressing" onto FS so figured those 2 might've been partnered? So put the vote on him and hoped for the best.
I asked you that because this is every mention you made of him on day 1:
Spoiler: show
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:13 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Gonna just bury you for that shit.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:52 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:51 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:47 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:20 pm [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
why him?
zomg everyone's so towny

also his posts suck yet he has a lot of people townreading him for minor bad reasons which is >>>>rand wolf, and he hasn't answered my questioned about his dizzy read despite me pinging him multiple times
i dont think that drwilgys posts are objectively towny but they are kinda towny through the lens of meta IMO - wilgy has made several posts that show a significantly higher level of confidence/assertiveness than anything he posted in the most recent wolfgame i saw from him

i dont think the reasons to townread him are "bad" even if he could still technically be a wolf
can you link me the recent wolf game, i asked this earlier and no one did and navigating this site kills me inside
it's this game: viewtopic.php?t=2237

but now im not even 100% sure that wilgy was a wolf in that game because i have goldfish memory
He was town there.

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?t=2248

There's most recent mafia game.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:55 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 pm lmao well SPF/wilgy not W/W anyway
why not? i could reasonably confuse my meta on him regardless of whether or not im partnered with him
But what if you weren't trying to confuse your meta on him but confused your meta on him anyway?
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:30 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:28 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:24 pm Town:
Alexa
Illario
Esooa
Alison
Dizzy

Most confident to least.
How are you so confident on Alexa?

Mine is
Town:
LC
SPF
Ilario
Alison
Esooa
Because I know how to read her.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:38 pm [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:37 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:36 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:35 pm > oh good I have counterwagons
> they're two of my townreads
> oh no
Who would you prefer?

Did you see what Mac said?
Wilgy, obviously

If it's what I just quoted then yes
I used to be faster a few years ago. Aging has been slowing me down significantly.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:44 pm [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:21 pm That was fake my vote is still on Wilgy.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 pm @Gira

Do you have any thoughts on Wilgy currently?
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 pm "Wilgy" got auto corrected to "Wolfy" on my phone and I'm taking that as a sign.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:38 pm Alright well thrilling EOD, but I'm fine with Wilgy going over because I think this can actually help me solve certain players in regards to how his flips.

Townreads:
Alexa
Dizzy
SPF
Illario
Alison
Nanook
Esooa

My main thought is that if Wilgy flips town then Esooa goes higher on the list, if he's mafia she's kind of stuck on that bottom spot and leaning back.

Top 4 is my most confident townreads.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:56 pm I'm staying on Wilgy. Other options aren't bad but this just feels better.

a couple naked votes, responding to other people about him, and a couple one liners near the end of the day about how you were "fine" with him going over when he became a leading wagon basically looks entirely like how i'd expect the stereotypical bus to go here
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:52 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:24 pm
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:45 pm @Lime Coke

can you explain to me why you actually voted wilgy on day 1?
Didn't have reasons to townread him. His start of day sucked with him just sticking a vote on me saying I was "outed" and I should be killed immediately. The other wagon for a majority of the day was Alexa who I was townreading at the time and he was on the wagon.

During EOD the other wagons were Alexa, Nanook, you, and FingerSplints. I didn't want to vote out Nanook because he had a towny moment right before EOD with his kinda "fire" towards getting Wilgy wagoned. You were a possibility because you were kind of just there but your defense against Alison gave you some sort of edge over other options. FingerSplints was the only other "good" option because she wasn't too active and had a weird lazy solve that included Alexa who was top wagon and Illario. Alexa I was flat out strong townreading and never voting then.
But Wilgy just looked bad for most of the game. Plus he wasn't actually "self-pressing" onto FS so figured those 2 might've been partnered? So put the vote on him and hoped for the best.
I asked you that because this is every mention you made of him on day 1:
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:13 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Gonna just bury you for that shit.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:52 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:51 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:47 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 pm

why him?
zomg everyone's so towny

also his posts suck yet he has a lot of people townreading him for minor bad reasons which is >>>>rand wolf, and he hasn't answered my questioned about his dizzy read despite me pinging him multiple times
i dont think that drwilgys posts are objectively towny but they are kinda towny through the lens of meta IMO - wilgy has made several posts that show a significantly higher level of confidence/assertiveness than anything he posted in the most recent wolfgame i saw from him

i dont think the reasons to townread him are "bad" even if he could still technically be a wolf
can you link me the recent wolf game, i asked this earlier and no one did and navigating this site kills me inside
it's this game: viewtopic.php?t=2237

but now im not even 100% sure that wilgy was a wolf in that game because i have goldfish memory
He was town there.

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?t=2248

There's most recent mafia game.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:55 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 pm lmao well SPF/wilgy not W/W anyway
why not? i could reasonably confuse my meta on him regardless of whether or not im partnered with him
But what if you weren't trying to confuse your meta on him but confused your meta on him anyway?
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:30 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:28 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:24 pm Town:
Alexa
Illario
Esooa
Alison
Dizzy

Most confident to least.
How are you so confident on Alexa?

Mine is
Town:
LC
SPF
Ilario
Alison
Esooa
Because I know how to read her.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:38 pm [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:37 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:36 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:35 pm > oh good I have counterwagons
> they're two of my townreads
> oh no
Who would you prefer?

Did you see what Mac said?
Wilgy, obviously

If it's what I just quoted then yes
I used to be faster a few years ago. Aging has been slowing me down significantly.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:44 pm [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:21 pm That was fake my vote is still on Wilgy.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 pm @Gira

Do you have any thoughts on Wilgy currently?
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 pm "Wilgy" got auto corrected to "Wolfy" on my phone and I'm taking that as a sign.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:38 pm Alright well thrilling EOD, but I'm fine with Wilgy going over because I think this can actually help me solve certain players in regards to how his flips.

Townreads:
Alexa
Dizzy
SPF
Illario
Alison
Nanook
Esooa

My main thought is that if Wilgy flips town then Esooa goes higher on the list, if he's mafia she's kind of stuck on that bottom spot and leaning back.

Top 4 is my most confident townreads.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:56 pm I'm staying on Wilgy. Other options aren't bad but this just feels better.

a couple naked votes, responding to other people about him, and a couple one liners near the end of the day about how you were "fine" with him going over when he became a leading wagon basically looks entirely like how i'd expect the stereotypical bus to go here
Well that's kind of basically what you're going to get from me if I don't have a confident scumread, which is pretty rare already. That SPF scumread was the first legit one I've had in a while.

Keep in mind most of my game is based on an attempt to build a townread group, and yeet the remaining players. I had my core and I was planning going outside of it.

Wilgy was the best option for me for reasons I stated earlier. I didn't townread him and you would be right that I was the quietest in terms of scumreading him. This is probably because any time I out a scumread or vote him I'm met with "But Wilgy gets misyeeted Day 1 constantly! He's an easy push for scum!"

I really don't have much of an explanation otherwise in terms of my read on him.

If you want self meta, I just got off a scumgame last week where my partner was kind of non-existent and I had to bus and lone wolf it. I would've seen Wilgy actually trying and I would save him, and after seeing the flips I would've had more options to vote out like FS and Falcon.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

the idea that you'd override mac and nanook tunneling him and risk the blowback there is not exactly convincing

or that you had a ton of words to dedicate to spf being mafia but very few for wilgy and that feels like a notable disparity

i looked at the scumgame and your treatmeant of wilgy here is not really at all dissimilar to your treatment of luckbox in that game
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Alexa and Illario were on FS near the end of that EOD. I easily could've played that card and voted there.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

And like I said, from what I saw, Wilgy was actively trying.

Luckbox was barely existent that game. Wolf chat was me pinging him trying to get him to get on and do something but he seemed to be super busy in real life. It was frustrating but I had to move on.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:12 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:11 pm incredibly concerned that Alexa just mirrored my thought process (replacing tsp with alexa where applicable)
isn't that a good thing
no since if we're both town then it means that we're going to lose the game
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:14 pm actually TSP i'm having trouble following your recent posts so idrk what your thought process is
that SPF/LC and SPF/Gira don't work? Why does SPF/LC not work in your eyes if you didn't read day 1?
you said it didn't work
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:36 am alexa are you a wolf caveat I haven't read any of the game
@alexa pls answer honestly
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

fwiw gira coming in and doing all that nonsense and then not voting for spf is a look
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

fwiw LC voting because he's sheeping his townreads, when i was a main pusher on Wilgy, is definitely very much in his town range
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:29 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:14 pm actually TSP i'm having trouble following your recent posts so idrk what your thought process is
that SPF/LC and SPF/Gira don't work? Why does SPF/LC not work in your eyes if you didn't read day 1?
you said it didn't work
why are you listening to me? we've spent games as V/V disagreeing on literally everything so.. just not what i would expect
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:30 pm also part of what made me feel confident on falcon was TSP's read because he genuinely does have a great read on falcon, the only time he pushed falcon wrongly i was a wolf with him

TSP, what made you confident on falcon here?
I scanned his iso and was like "falcon hasn't been a wolf in a while and this is pretty wolfy is it happening"
I also misread falcon like three months ago on a similar "not reading the game and occasionally scanning isos" track and i don't entirely blame myself
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:30 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:36 am alexa are you a wolf caveat I haven't read any of the game
if i'm a wolf i'm going to say no
if i'm town i'm going to say no (unless it was not LYLO, then i may say yes)

no, i'm a villager, but idk what you expect to gain from this question
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:33 pm fwiw LC voting because he's sheeping his townreads, when i was a main pusher on Wilgy, is definitely very much in his town range
you said it didn't work
why are you listening to me? we've spent games as V/V disagreeing on literally everything so.. just not what i would expect
I don't play F5s based off what I think reality is, which is a bit of a problem. I play F5 by constructing a narrow range of limited win-viability and going from there. Right now I think there are two, possibly three, teams in that range of limited viability and I'm going from there.

[But moreover, we're setting LC up to get nightkilled, right fellow townie]
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:12 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:11 pm incredibly concerned that Alexa just mirrored my thought process (replacing tsp with alexa where applicable)
isn't that a good thing
no since if we're both town then it means that we're going to lose the game
i mean not necessarily as i'm not lock on you being a wolf
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:31 pm fwiw gira coming in and doing all that nonsense and then not voting for spf is a look
i was annoyed at the game so i came in hot, although in practice that sort of extreme response tends to net better reactions. I explained my view of the gamestate a few posts back and I don't think it's hard to follow my thought process
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gira who are the wolfs I am not doing much paying attention
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:33 pm

why aren't you a wolf
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:37 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:33 pm

why aren't you a wolf
my role PM
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:37 pm Gira who are the wolfs I am not doing much paying attention
i think lime coke bussed wilgy and has been content to let us tear each other apart after that

beyond that idk
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

you can read my entire interaction with LC and get a real answer
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

if esooa was super-defensive of spf on day 1 then should I take that as a sign that SPF is more likely town or a wolf
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

if alexa is mafia her accusing me of having a grudge because i accused her of being scum is really dirty (i mean in general i don't think it's appropriate to say that in a game, borderline OGI, but especially low if mafia). lc being mafia with spf would also be weird because of day 1. but eh. i stand by taking things one step at a time
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:42 pm if esooa was super-defensive of spf on day 1 then should I take that as a sign that SPF is more likely town or a wolf
town, from your point of view anyway. esooa generally reads SPF decently
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i am going outside for a run
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok I think I'm locking in my team which is [___/___]
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:42 pm if esooa was super-defensive of spf on day 1 then should I take that as a sign that SPF is more likely town or a wolf
Not really?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Turning into Alexa with that one but it's funny.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:44 pm
Not really?
she had esooa as scum correctly in the 16/8er and in the light game we played?

we sometimes FOSes spf incorrectly but from my experience, has generally found her as scum
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

she* sometimes
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:43 pm if alexa is mafia her accusing me of having a grudge because i accused her of being scum is really dirty (i mean in general i don't think it's appropriate to say that in a game, borderline OGI, but especially low if mafia). lc being mafia with spf would also be weird because of day 1. but eh. i stand by taking things one step at a time
i accused you of having a grudge because i was bothered by the way you were talking to me w/'bite me' and just generally lingering overall feelings i had that i lashed out over, it was not-alignment-relevant so you should probably come up with a better reason to clear me if you're using that, same w/what i know you're clearing Crich for honestly.

(but again, i do apologize and i shouldn't have brought it into the game)
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i think i have clearing interactions w/everyone left in this game outside of that but ymmv
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

@Gira -

fwiw, i'm not really comfortable with you labeling me as being part of a "clique" and insinuating that i dislike you or have some kind of issue with you. wev'e been running in the same mafia circles with each other since i was 14 years old and i've always assumed that we mutually respect and enjoy playing with each other, so i'm not really sure why this game feels so oddly personal and heated. we can talk about it more in the post-game, but i want to make it clear that i really do not have an issue with you
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:56 pm based on interactions today + throughout

SPF/Gira not W/W
SPF/LC not W/W

I think SPF only works with TSP
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:38 pm i don't even wolfread SPF that much when she's posting i just don't think this game makes a lot of sense with her as town

also i'm kind of over this game and ready for a re-do (though ik i can't blame myself for villagers doing fuck all) so tempted to just vote her but i will be good and wait
you do understand that by saying you want to vote for me, you're implying that you think the exact team is me/TSP, right? considering how confidently youve townread the TSP slot throughout this game, i have a hard time buying how quickly you are willing to write him off as a wolf and how quickly you are to be willing to vote for me in spite of having no specific reasons to scumread me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa is quite literally pairing the two of us together, though. do you actually have a reason to vote me or am i just the easiest push from your POV? it honestly feels like the latter
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 am i mean if youre a wolf, then fypov, your only pushes are lime coke/alexa/TSP. all of those names are very difficult to push and all of them have been towny at various parts of the game, so if you are a wolf then i would expect you to be pushing me just like youre pushing me right now

granted, that doesn't MAKE you a wolf, but it does mean that your approach today is aligning specifically with how you would likely be playing this situation as a wolf
why do you think you're easier to push then TSP?

a part of me feels like w!Gira doesn't pick v!TSP to clear of all people
you, tsp, and gira have all voiced intent to vote for me today. do you really need me to explain why i'm an easier push from the wolves POV than TSP is?

the worst part is that nobody pushing on me (save gira) has actually presented reasoning to scumread me and is just defaulting to the: "everyone else looks townier" reasoning, which is reasoning that i hate being on the receiving end of because it is shallow and impossible to refute. it's also reasoning that mafia tend to coast off of a lot when they want to push on a villager without having a good reason
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:31 pm

SPF/Gira not W/W
SPF/LC not W/W

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:38 pm i don't even wolfread SPF that much when she's posting i just don't think this game makes a lot of sense with her as town

also i'm kind of over this game and ready for a re-do (though ik i can't blame myself for villagers doing fuck all) so tempted to just vote her but i will be good and wait
you do understand that by saying you want to vote for me, you're implying that you think the exact team is me/TSP, right? considering how confidently youve townread the TSP slot throughout this game, i have a hard time buying how quickly you are willing to write him off as a wolf and how quickly you are to be willing to vote for me in spite of having no specific reasons to scumread me
aside from early, my reads have been trash this game or i wouldn't be in lylo. (shrug)

i wouldn't say i "confidently townread the slot throughout," i had some issues with Esooa, i thought that Crichard's emotional over-reactions were town-indicative but i've been burned by that kind of read before and since we're in LYLO now and i've found various reasons to townread everyone remaining throughout, the stakes are clearly higher
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 am i mean if youre a wolf, then fypov, your only pushes are lime coke/alexa/TSP. all of those names are very difficult to push and all of them have been towny at various parts of the game, so if you are a wolf then i would expect you to be pushing me just like youre pushing me right now

granted, that doesn't MAKE you a wolf, but it does mean that your approach today is aligning specifically with how you would likely be playing this situation as a wolf

also, why does this post immediately write off the possibility that gira/TSP can be paired together? i'm not saying that it needs to be the case, but it's weird that you jumped to: "wolf gira wouldn't clear v!TSP" without considering the obvious world where theyre teamed and trying to win the game today
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:34 pm

SPF/Gira not W/W
SPF/LC not W/W

aside from early, my reads have been trash this game or i wouldn't be in lylo. (shrug)

i wouldn't say i "confidently townread the slot throughout," i had some issues with Esooa, i thought that Crichard's emotional over-reactions were town-indicative but i've been burned by that kind of read before and since we're in LYLO now and i've found various reasons to townread everyone remaining throughout, the stakes are clearly higher
so your solve is me/TSP? that's it? that's the team?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:35 pm

also, why does this post immediately write off the possibility that gira/TSP can be paired together? i'm not saying that it needs to be the case, but it's weird that you jumped to: "wolf gira wouldn't clear v!TSP" without considering the obvious world where theyre teamed and trying to win the game today
the "obvious world where they're teamed" but is kinda implied, like the only scenario there where gira is a wolf would be a TSP/gira team, but uh some of gira's treatment of crichard just didn't feel paired to me or how he'd treat the slot if he had TMI they were a wolf specifically
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:36 pm

SPF/Gira not W/W
SPF/LC not W/W

i dunno. maybe. i'm not really completely sold that any individual team makes complete sense and i'm more-so looking for who i townread the most

i don't think taking that approach in LYLO is unreasonable
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:21 pm You are right I figured Esooa would have more to say about me scumcasing SPF. She was more deadpan than I expected.

Also the irony in her talking about people trying to scumhunt properly after doing that...
esooa's wolf meta (generally speaking) is to hard shield and defend her partners and try to push the game in an incorrect direction - this is precisely why mac scumread the esooa slot for trying to push the chop off of drwilgy on d1. so, if you think that esooa's reaction to you scumcasing me was "more deadpan" than you expected, that should be more of an indicator that we aren't teamed than that we are
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:19 pm i think the strongest thing pointing to TSP/SPF working as potential W/W is Esooa's day 1 treatment of SPF. v!Esooa is usually very paranoid of SPF (especially day 1) but she was repping a pretty strong townread there and defending her a significant amount to Brad
why would this make us W/W? why couldn't it be esooa trying to pocket me by posting a bunch of reasons to townread me (which she has done before)? why couldn't it be me successfully pocketing esooa and her getting tricked by me? i feel like the reads youve made in the last few pages cut a lot of corners and dont really delve into the game that deeply
staypositivefriend
Hitman

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:31 pm fwiw gira coming in and doing all that nonsense and then not voting for spf is a look
if tsp is a wolf and gira is town then i think this is him trying to get gira to vote me so that the mafia can win lol
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:40 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:19 pm i think the strongest thing pointing to TSP/SPF working as potential W/W is Esooa's day 1 treatment of SPF. v!Esooa is usually very paranoid of SPF (especially day 1) but she was repping a pretty strong townread there and defending her a significant amount to Brad
why would this make us W/W? why couldn't it be esooa trying to pocket me by posting a bunch of reasons to townread me (which she has done before)? why couldn't it be me successfully pocketing esooa and her getting tricked by me? i feel like the reads youve made in the last few pages cut a lot of corners and dont really delve into the game that deeply
i haven't seen esooa get tricked by you before really, but it's possible, just basing it on my experience

in terms of the former.. i guess that's a possibility? i was more-so trying to look for what teams i could outrule rather than see this was a smoking gun that made you obviously W/W with esooa
staypositivefriend
Hitman

esooa correctly caught me as a wolf within the first few pages of the last game we played together

make of that what you will
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:43 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:40 pm
i haven't seen esooa get tricked by you before really, but it's possible, just basing it on my experience

in terms of the former.. i guess that's a possibility? i was more-so trying to look for what teams i could outrule rather than see this was a smoking gun that made you obviously W/W with esooa
say this*
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:44 pm
Not really?
there was a period of a few months where esooa was reading me accurately in almost every game we played. she lost the streak over the last few months and has misread me a few times, but she also correctly identified that i was a wolf in one of the recent games we played and (if she's town) correctly read me in this game, so i would say her read on me is >rand accurate
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:36 pm

SPF/Gira not W/W
SPF/LC not W/W

i dunno. maybe. i'm not really completely sold that any individual team makes complete sense and i'm more-so looking for who i townread the most

i don't think taking that approach in LYLO is unreasonable
not entirely unreasonable, but tbh i expect you to have more to say about me than just: "i townread SPF the least", Lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think there's a solid 50-60% chance that today ends with me dying and us losing and my intuition tells me that the wolves are probably playing in a way to try to push that into happening

Return to “Previous Heists”