Spoiler: show
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Re: Mafia Misplay Mafia

Post by Achromatic »

Sabi's caution is fair tbh. I did note to myself that game that a couple of those things sabi thought were off would be false flags later because I was wolf there though. I am not very polarized it really depends on my mood what my play is.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 412
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:48 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:43 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:41 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:37 pm I think stuff like having the secret read and the boats thingy I see more as your performative kind of playstyle (As in, I see some people sus you for things I dont see really as AI for you), and when I realtimed with you , catched up could vibe with your posts. Tho I skipped the long ones for sure lol
At least for me, I played with achro is most of my game the past two months. I'm at this point very familiar with him to the point I know his daddy comments.

He's not playing like how he did in the games I was with him.

Maybe the fact he was a wolf that end gamed in my last game with him has me worried about him. He was bragging about his wolf range. I feel like i can't let him slip past me this game.
Thing is I kinda spectated him in champs, so I can really believe why they are changing stuff in how they approach some stuff tho? While still feeling like Achro
Spectating and playing in the game are two different perspective. I can show you the fol game and he feels like achro but he was off because wolf.

He's one of the best wolfs ever and pocketed katze
@katze rofl lmao noob
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:50 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:48 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:38 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:37 pm I think stuff like having the secret read and the boats thingy I see more as your performative kind of playstyle (As in, I see some people sus you for things I dont see really as AI for you), and when I realtimed with you , catched up could vibe with your posts. Tho I skipped the long ones for sure lol
Can you vibe yourself off one of my stronger town reads perhaps?
Ehhh yeah, I should find a slot that I feel more sus about. But wolfhunting energy kinda low for me rn
Just sheep me on Mac then. Can't really hurt to see how he reacts to a wagon and you town read me so you believe it comes from good faith tbh.

Let's goo
By those metrics I am town reading Neon and Lily and they are in yout wagon wowee
I am town reading them too.

People make mistakes.

Any reason you are against Mac? Iirc he isn't in your town core.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:52 am
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:48 am If you want somewhat of a read Im townreading Neon cuz their approach and the post about being stiff / having problems to get a grasp in the game seemed towny, and their posting is still kinda towny to me while being consistent with what they said at the start
wat

also @Neon are you neon abigail?
Indeed I am
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 809
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

I am not townreading them nah, probs want to evaluate and do a vote that feels good by this point.
Why do you sus mac?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:45 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:37 am Achro what do you think of mac
Oh hold on let me just peel off the tape of this secret read I posted earlier...

Okay so I didn't feel like he was being genuine with Sabi to start the game like he was just kind of phoning in the being offended by Sabi bit. At first I was like that meme of the guy looking at the butterfly thinking to myself 'is this partner distancing?' but then Sabi improved so I wasn't sure what to do about Mac. This is like a "not really a big deal" type of early read but I filed it away and then he just kind of kept the interaction going for a bit in what I found to be almost baiting to Sabi to say something to allow him to keep going.

Then like Wilgy called it out and I was like 'OH SHIT' Wilgy is town suddenly and it made me feel like I wasn't just imagining it. So I noted that as an early wolf ping.

I have a town read on Esooa so I don't like the vote there, and I also thought his discussion of maths and wagon formations came off a bit predatory. Obviously like it could be true but it contradicts my current landscape of the game and it's one of those things that sounds OK until you try lynching based off of it, its wrong, and suddenly its "oh I guess Achro is scum!" and then I am not and it's just a mess from there or some such.

Also I expected him to kinda dig into me a bit more here, smash my head open and see what spills out but he has been very hands off outside of a couple of questions and it gives the feeling like he is being a little cautious around me which doesn't feel great.

We'll see how day progresses but so far it's kind of like 'eh'
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 1255
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:51 pm Sabi's caution is fair tbh. I did note to myself that game that a couple of those things sabi thought were off would be false flags later because I was wolf there though. I am not very polarized it really depends on my mood what my play is.
I'm just mad I had the correct solve

Then you did the whole act of finding Zack as town

And then everyone dead legacy abiut. Katze

And Katze ate

And ugh

I hate you achro for that game.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

These wagons will catch a wolf.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Oh yeh I remembee reading that post and vibing with the expecting them to dig more of you tbh, which is probably the only thing I can see as valid.
The math/wagon thingy it was okay to me, like you say predatory vut its also good to maybe force some eraly reads in votes movement. And the interaction with sabi could be???? But its also a big stretch imo so weh
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:57 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:51 pm Sabi's caution is fair tbh. I did note to myself that game that a couple of those things sabi thought were off would be false flags later because I was wolf there though. I am not very polarized it really depends on my mood what my play is.

And Katze ate

And ugh

Yes, sounds like wolf achro alright.

Whatcha think about mac?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:59 pm These wagons will catch a wolf.
Specially the sleep wagon
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:57 pm

And Katze ate

And ugh

Yes, sounds like wolf achro alright.

Whatcha think about mac?
Hes null. I havent asked him stuff since his tantrum so I'm goijg to wait till he wakes up. Maybe he will be in a better mood and not ate me.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:59 pm Oh yeh I remembee reading that post and vibing with the expecting them to dig more of you tbh, which is probably the only thing I can see as valid.
The math/wagon thingy it was okay to me, like you say predatory vut its also good to maybe force some eraly reads in votes movement. And the interaction with sabi could be???? But its also a big stretch imo so weh
Well day 1 I rarely expect to find a silver bullet.

It's also combined that I have 9 town reads and mac isn't one of them.

At some point you collect enough town reads and put pressure on someone not them imo.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:59 pm These wagons will catch a wolf.
Specially the sleep wagon
He's in every game.

And no one ever suspects him.
☆Princess Abigail☆

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:33 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:21 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:52 pm You think Neon is woofin Nook?
Rwstfo goes brr
@Neon how do you defend yourself from such biting accusations? also why are you ignoring me?
I was sleeping.

Also I'm town because my not a role PM says so.

As in...I didn't get a role when I subbed in just got told to come play. But Nanook got a non existent n0 on me so like...believe that or something

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I'm investigative
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:04 pm
Rwstfo goes brr
@Neon how do you defend yourself from such biting accusations? also why are you ignoring me?
I was sleeping.

As in...I didn't get a role when I subbed in just got told to come play. But Nanook got a non existent n0 on me so like...believe that or something

Neon hi.

Thoughts on what santy said about you?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:53 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:48 am If you want somewhat of a read Im townreading Neon cuz their approach and the post about being stiff / having problems to get a grasp in the game seemed towny, and their posting is still kinda towny to me while being consistent with what they said at the start
wat

Indeed I am
Just to add on this I scrubbed the Abigail part out of my name everywhere I could because someone used my irl name to find who I was like outside the internet and stalk me so I mostly prefer just being Neon now

MU still has my real name though because nobody will answer me about changing it

ImageImage

hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 424

Post by hollowkatt »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:35 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:33 pm my phrasing is bad. I still think you're a wolf, just that your read on neon isn't a slam dunk santy is a wolf
:werewolf:
sorry about your rand
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
☆Princess Abigail☆

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:07 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:04 pm
Rwstfo goes brr
I was sleeping.

Neon hi.

Thoughts on what santy said about you?
He's reading something that certainly is not out of my scum range which I think HK noted but he also doesn't know me and I understand the thought process on vibe reading it cause that's something I would also vibe read into with others

ImageImage

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:10 pm
wat

Indeed I am
Just to add on this I scrubbed the Abigail part out of my name everywhere I could because someone used my irl name to find who I was like outside the internet and stalk me so I mostly prefer just being Neon now

MU still has my real name though because nobody will answer me about changing it
oof that's terrifying, sorry to hear that
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
☆Princess Abigail☆

Bruh my sticker gifs look really pretty on this site on dark mode ^^

ImageImage

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

periodic reminder that achro is a wolf but without any type of analysis to back that assertion up
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
☆Princess Abigail☆

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:14 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:10 pm
wat

Indeed I am

oof that's terrifying, sorry to hear that
Is OK I was scared for a while but I'm kinda just annoyed at this point. I don't leave my house much anyways and I'm very safe in here cause my roomie has a personal armory xD

ImageImage

Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:15 pm periodic reminder that achro is a wolf but without any type of analysis to back that assertion up
Look everyone knows I bus as wolf so vote Mac easy peasy
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:17 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:15 pm periodic reminder that achro is a wolf but without any type of analysis to back that assertion up
but I town read mac
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:19 pm
but I town read mac
Oh cool someone with a Mac town read. Why?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

You keep mindmelding me on scum reads so either:

I'm wrong about my scumreads and right about you

I'm wrong about you and rest of my scum reads are correct

This is annoyinf
☆Princess Abigail☆

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:35 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:49 am
Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:29 am
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:25 am
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 am Neons amazing never wrong Day 1 town vibe reads

Achromatic, Nanook, Mac, Sabi, Lily
EBWOP...I play on mobile pls excuse all auto correct failures
Can you give a little bit on why you town read each of these players?
It's mostly just a vibes thing. My day 1 vibe reads used to be the stuff of legend but I've been awful lately.

Anyways some of this is probably non AI but...I read into that all the time lol

Lily I feel like it's trying to drive the thread forward and is not really pushing an agenda imo

Mac feels genuine I believe what he was saying early even though people thought it was weird for him. I dunno none of this is AI but I vibe with it

Sabi feels like the town Sabi I remember playing with. Granted I've only played with town Sabi and we only recently played any games together but Sabi asking questions to try to get answers and drive content and their tone feels towny to me.

Nanook playing laid back and trying to relax this game...I dunno just don't think he'd do that as scum. Faked a check on me whatever every time someone has faked a check on me they are town

Achromatic these last several posts pinged me as town it all feels genuine and real I was scum reading them hard for the earlier stuff but I just buy this sincerity.

I'm a garbage player tear me apart xD
This post was okayish but it's just more of the same. Not really contributing real reads or thoughts in thread, then coming out with all of them at once. I see wolves do this a lot and usually I think it's because it's easier to come up with thoughts and put them in a post together rather than make the thoughts fluid and come out as you read the thread
This and the other thing are just me being me when I'm like... the player I was before I got super try hard in mafia which is the player I'm really trying to get back to playing because a game I played recently I ended up as town leader and tried scum hunting instead of town hunting and played like crap and turned into a bitch

And mafia has been draining my mental. I wanna have fun playing this game again. So I do post a lot of silly fluff nonsense but I also do try to play the game and I town hunt. There wasn't really a live post that made me get those vibe reads there wasn't really something I could point to and quote and say in the moment so I'm not really sure how to go about giving my reads in the moment unless I quote a random thing they said in the moment and explain my vibe.

Other than that there just was not anything I thought worth noting live.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm in this post and I don't like it

ImageImage

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:19 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:19 pm
but I town read mac
Oh cool someone with a Mac town read. Why?
overall I've been vibing with his posts which is a general indication he's town. I also really like this assertion from him:
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:37 am
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:33 am
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:32 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am @Achromatic if you are town then you have a wolf voting for you. Who is it?
I think town are much more likely to vote me early than wolves especially when I am playing like this so we will see how risii pans out but otherwise I suspect low wolf activity so far.
If you are town, you have a wolf voting on you more than 50% of the time. It is a phenomenon I have been tracking. The first wagon to get to 3 votes almost always has a mafia on it if they are town. I have caught wolves with this read in almost every game I've played in the last 2 years.
Huh. That's cool. I don't think my own personal matches up with this very well off memory but that's a cool idea to track that and it makes sense then. The first three on me I believe were lily/porscha/esooa and I have them all town atm tho
Tbh when I said the first wagon to get to 3 what I really meant was "any wagon that has 3 votes on it at the time I've made the observation always has 1 mafia on it". And if memory serves it has always been 1 as well and I think in this game that's even more likely to be the case. The thing is that if you already had 3, the wolf is unlikely to have taken their vote off you as well so I feel like that makes a difference check between Lily and Esooa.
partially because it's a really thought out nuanced thing to say but also because it's a legit thing he can be questioned on should any of it fall apart and while he can point to "I was saying historical precedent" that's not really enough to wiggle him out of it.

His reads list isn't too far off of mine. I'd move lily up a touch and esooa up a touch but his townies are town for me as well and his fuck knows is spot on.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:21 pm

This is annoyinf
if it makes you feel better I think you're town. probably won't though b/c now you're afraid I'm trying to pocket/dodge you
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Hm, fair enough ;o.

You are currently voting another non town read for me so I don't have any problems with your direction atm. Carry on.
☆Princess Abigail☆

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:25 pm

This is annoyinf
if it makes you feel better I think you're town. probably won't though b/c now you're afraid I'm trying to pocket/dodge you
Imagine pocketing Sabi. Couldn't be me.

I promise I'm not doing that this game.

ImageImage

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:26 pm

This is annoyinf

I'm still hurt by that...
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

so let's see I think my 'I dont have a town read list' is currently mac/santy/ender/visor/jack and jack hasn't posted.

I'd hope there are at least 2 wolves in here or this game is going to be very sad for me lol
☆Princess Abigail☆

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:30 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:26 pm

This is annoyinf

I'm still hurt by that...

I'm soooooooryyyyyyyyy

ImageImage

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achro you wolfed with visor.

Thots?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

(I forgot visor was in this game)
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:35 pm Achro you wolfed with visor.

Thots?
I think Visor intentionally doesn't really do a lot in order to keep himself unpolarized so it is hard for me to tell what's in his head. He bussed Heisen in our game so that's within range, but I don't really know how to read him early with his playstyle as I think that's kind of 'the point.'
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:37 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:35 pm Achro you wolfed with visor.

Thots?
I think Visor intentionally doesn't really do a lot in order to keep himself unpolarized so it is hard for me to tell what's in his head. He bussed Heisen in our game so that's within range, but I don't really know how to read him early with his playstyle as I think that's kind of 'the point.'
He is an ideal "if this game makes it to day before lylo and visor still doesnt feel good just wood chipper him for safety reasons' in my head.

We'll see how he progresses tho
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:26 pm Hm, fair enough ;o.

You are currently voting another non town read for me so I don't have any problems with your direction atm. Carry on.
while I'm glad I have your permission it's not something I was particularly concerned with having
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Noted.

I don't feel comfortable waiting that long for him to be anything besides null.

Can we add him to the D1 menu?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:39 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:26 pm Hm, fair enough ;o.

while I'm glad I have your permission it's not something I was particularly concerned with having
If we are both town it is good for us to work together on same reads to establish a good, shared PoE.

It's just proper town play tbh. Building consensus, understanding differences in that consensus, and debating earnestly which difference checks should be heeded is important in mountainous.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

His iso is uninspiring
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:41 pm Noted.

I don't feel comfortable waiting that long for him to be anything besides null.

Can we add him to the D1 menu?
He is not a town read and is therefore on the menu already.

I will defend my town reads, and I won't defend any of my not town reads.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Visor=Outed wolf right?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:42 pm Visor=Outed wolf right?
Yes.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Like I think Mac is scum but HK's point about seeing Mac and not letting him wiggle out of things based off his analysis is a comforting point to me. Everyone knows Mac is great as a wolf so I don't think I need to hammer that home, and I'd love to discuss my town reads with people more if there are questions.

Return to “Previous Hustles”