King of the Hill Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 130

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:31 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:11 am Fascinatingly, Porscha is the only consistent Alison voter.

Nook Aro and Lucy joined d2.

Seanzie Rondo dropped d2.

You five, why did you either join the wagon or leave it? @Seanzie and @RondoDimBuckle your answers here I think are the most important. Why did y'all not vote Alison d2?
I was there d1, only swapped a minute before eod to avoid any potential tie. I did not see neon had swapped to alison before the poll closed.
What draws you off of Alison now?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:58 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:11 am Fascinatingly, Porscha is the only consistent Alison voter.

You five, why did you either join the wagon or leave it? @Seanzie and @RondoDimBuckle your answers here I think are the most important. Why did y'all not vote Alison d2?
I was there d1, only swapped a minute before eod to avoid any potential tie. I did not see neon had swapped to alison before the poll closed.
I continue to SR porscha more

This is a consistent stance from d1
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:34 pm DrWilgy being solvy is slowly reviving my desire to play tbh
Good, I wish to know what you think the team is on advent of Alison flipping wolf.

If you are the last misyeet on a T Alison flip, why?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Post by Porscha »

Boquise wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:54 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:33 am
Boquise wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:06 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:18 am I've seen Boq pointed out as scum by both Max and Lucy and they are voting me. Doesn't bode well in that slot for those reasons but I should iso.

Time to sleep.
Is there some sort of meta here that "pushing me" = "scum"?
I don't think I should have to explain perceived value and weight.

I get here, I see you are voting a member of town. A member of town who is dead had you as a wolf d1 (Mac quote I saw in Neon's iso). Lucy who says you are part of PoE.

So that's 2 town points to you being w and one null point to you being w that I've observed.

Now you have had Lily and Porscha both show and say Lucy's PoE is bad, effectively removing the null since my observation, but there's still 1.5 weight of you as W from my limited data.

Tel me why is this data wrong?
it has been the running theme in this game that "pushing me" = "you are scum" so I am just asking. It feels like I have become collateral damage in some internal politics of this site with the bourgeoisie vs the proletariat. You also used "voting me" as a reason to scum read me.

Falcon had an incorrect read of me. If I was last night's NK, does that mean that you'd magically be a wolf? A dead D1 town's reads are not gospels of truth nor should it be sheeped for merely existing. It should be examined and see if it holds any value. I also had zero to do with Falcon's atrocious yeet.

Lucy has been town reading me the whole game. I do not understand her process, but I assume it is based on paranoia that I am in the POE.
So the Lucy part of your data is pretty wrong and shallow.
----------------------------------------

Anyway, I have decided to stop trying in this game. It will just tilt me. Just gonna write my reads.

I have decided that the Neon slot (DrWilgy) is probably town due to Neon's defence when i was asleep + it doesnt make much sense for a wolf to protect Lily in such a strong manner unless they are both w/w ig tbh

If Alison is town then the game state got fucked sod2 or even mid D1. So I hope she is scum. I will be the auto yeet D4 regardless. And I am tired of trying to create content and move the game towards a less closed game state. Maybe town will be able to re-evaluate in the F7 tbh.
In what universe are you the auto yeet day 4. And why do you insist on being baby.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:59 pm

Anything in specific that details this? From this and the last page of reading, I at least saw what I'd call a town drive.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Jack's ISO link going back to Sabi's posts just gave me a small panic.

A strange detachment from the world where I felt nothing was real and I was just another facet of the cold uncaring universe in it's journey towards entropy.
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:02 pm

Anything in specific that details this? From this and the last page of reading, I at least saw what I'd call a town drive.
Nook go aawwwoooo
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:04 pm

Nook go aawwwoooo
Alright, entertain me.

Outside of omgus, what argument is for wolf Nook? You've been on Alison and so has Nook, does this make Alison town?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Jack's ISO provides good views of Porscha that I half think to just trust?

Porscha doesn't allow a kill in that slot unless the Mafia teammates are in Alison and Boq/SPF.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

It's also within trusting Jack that another vote on Alison makes sense.

Nook v Porscha makes less sense in this light.
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:57 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:48 am

I lost faith in my creature!town read when enough people who were more invested in the game than me were all pushing for a creature elim, so I ended up on Creature, partially in order to make sure there weren't any last minute shenanigans.

Prior to that, I was moving my vote around more to see how people react and to see how I feel in this place or that. Close to EoD, Alison was technically a CW but it was pretty clear she wasn't going over.
What reactions did you gleam Seanzie? I don't have the opportunity to absorb everything, so a clear and concise all in one review would be helpful.
Nothing that left a lasting impression on me, unfortunately.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh fuck me, Mac has like 20 million posts.

Someone send me back 10 years when completed Mafia games were 50 pages or less and I'd always be misyeeted d1.
Image Image Image

Compare to the recently ended game they were town in
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:18 am I've seen Boq pointed out as scum by both Max and Lucy and they are voting me. Doesn't bode well in that slot for those reasons but I should iso.

Time to sleep.

I get here, I see you are voting a member of town. A member of town who is dead had you as a wolf d1 (Mac quote I saw in Neon's iso). Lucy who says you are part of PoE.

So that's 2 town points to you being w and one null point to you being w that I've observed.

Now you have had Lily and Porscha both show and say Lucy's PoE is bad, effectively removing the null since my observation, but there's still 1.5 weight of you as W from my limited data.

it has been the running theme in this game that "pushing me" = "you are scum" so I am just asking. It feels like I have become collateral damage in some internal politics of this site with the bourgeoisie vs the proletariat. You also used "voting me" as a reason to scum read me.

Falcon had an incorrect read of me. If I was last night's NK, does that mean that you'd magically be a wolf? A dead D1 town's reads are not gospels of truth nor should it be sheeped for merely existing. It should be examined and see if it holds any value. I also had zero to do with Falcon's atrocious yeet.

Lucy has been town reading me the whole game. I do not understand her process, but I assume it is based on paranoia that I am in the POE.

Anyway, I have decided to stop trying in this game. It will just tilt me. Just gonna write my reads.

I have decided that the Neon slot (DrWilgy) is probably town due to Neon's defence when i was asleep + it doesnt make much sense for a wolf to protect Lily in such a strong manner unless they are both w/w ig tbh

If Alison is town then the game state got fucked sod2 or even mid D1. So I hope she is scum. I will be the auto yeet D4 regardless. And I am tired of trying to create content and move the game towards a less closed game state. Maybe town will be able to re-evaluate in the F7 tbh.
Good sir, around these parts we say "poeletariat"
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:30 am
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:20 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:46 am
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:59 am
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:48 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:11 am @Neon You seem convinced that there is a wolf in the people who have pushed you but that I specifically am wrong town. Why?
Because people who push me for my approach to the game day 1 especially when I'm more relaxed and memey than normal are almost always town and almost always think they have some amazing solve on me when in fact I'm just being myself.

They give woofs an easy wagon to jump on and put pressure on because like okay someone else started it the reasons look good enough at a base level and it's easy to jump off if needed or to hand wave when I flip town.

Your not the first you won't be the last and it happens in almost every game with people I've never played with before when I'm at my most natural self. Lately I've been kinda not being me and trying to emulate the games of the really good players I respect but I'm shit at it so now I'm in this weird juxtaposition where people who have specced me lately expect me to be like I was in champs or since than and people who know me from before expect me to be goofy anime meme girl when in truth I don't even know who I am anymore so I kinda decided to try to be old me again... cause that's when I had fun in mafia and was like actually kinda good at it.

Anyways point is. You created a wagon that's easy for woofs to use to get a misexe if I don't change my play or to get off of if I do without much suspicion. I don't think a woof starts the wagon I do think at least one jumps on it as it gains traction though.
i see that makes a ton of sense then
Like Mac is right about there being info to be gleaned from me if you look past the base level. I'm answering questions and giving reads.
Lily, what was your error with this one? I'm confused about this not making sense?

The way I read this argument is "I'm an easy yeet, here's the explanation of my meta, I don't think wolf Alison starts my wagon." Seems pretty clear cut to me. It's a meta based argument with background information to create an argument.
i'm entirely confused on what you mean
your response to neon of "i see that makes a ton of sense then" comes off as sarcastic, especially considering you took a pretty strong stance against most of neon's posts containing no tangible explanation, when this post does in fact show tangible explanation. but maybe this was the 1 post exception where you were sincerely saying you understood. Clarify?
that was not sarcastic lol i was TRing neon day 1 and that was where i began TRing her
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:06 pm
Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:04 pm

Nook go aawwwoooo
Alright, entertain me.

Outside of omgus, what argument is for wolf Nook? You've been on Alison and so has Nook, does this make Alison town?
I'm half joking. I just dont see much reason to tr nook much like there isnt much to sr him. Here are my thoughts:
Town nook and town porscha usually find each other pretty easily and on good percentage of games by day 2. I often have to make a defensive comment about nook's playstyle to ward off evil doers or unawares since he is easy ML bait. Nobody has really suspected nook much from what I have seen, and maybe there is lack of ML potential for him this game if he is on mafia team since the wolves may choose to avoid pushing his slot and letting him easy coast instead of pointing out his usual ways of getting ML'd vis a vis classic nook playstyle of low posting / low info posts.

I am surprised nook is struggling to find me town. It isn't really about omgus- I cant guarantee this without checking back on day 1, but I think I actually sus'd nook before he did me. I first brought it up when I was talking with boq since he didnt like my shade of him on day 1, and before I went over to alison to self pres, I told how that day 1 I would have voted him or nook. I dont recall nook responding to this, but I imagine he saw it. It's possible he is worried about me because I am also struggling to find him as town so now we are 2 spidermans pointing at each other. But I think it's also possible nook is leaving me open to ML lingering from day 1. Idk if as wolf either way he wants to ... say he wont go alison and when she flips v, he claims credit and then makes his timely move in making that a great reason to ML me next, or if he wants to appear as an uninformed town who couldnt have foreseen wolf alison. /shrug
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:00 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:34 pm DrWilgy being solvy is slowly reviving my desire to play tbh
Good, I wish to know what you think the team is on advent of Alison flipping wolf.

If you are the last misyeet on a T Alison flip, why?
I think Aro has scum equity with Alison because Alison would deem it the correct play to bus her. Aro is the only one rn from the top of my head that has been vocal in getting Alison yeeted, but I think between those players there should be a wolf tbh.

Because the game state is predictable tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:00 pm

Time to sleep.

In what universe are you the auto yeet day 4. And why do you insist on being baby.
in this universe tbh
i insisted on playing during D1 and D2, now I will potato tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

anywho, i have graded today, tomorrow i wont have as much work after my working hours so that will be good

@Porscha I think there's likely a mafia in you/lily/alison based on how interactions have gone this game compared to in misplay mafia, I think its probably you based on your play there compared to here, im not entirely sure but you definitely seem different to me, particularly when both overlapped, so 🤷‍♀️
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:10 pm @Porscha I think there's likely a mafia in you/lily/alison based on how interactions have gone this game compared to in misplay mafia, I think its probably you based on your play there compared to here, im not entirely sure but you definitely seem different to me, particularly when both overlapped, so 🤷‍♀️
can you show examples of differences you noticed? mby im just blind

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:12 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:10 pm @Porscha I think there's likely a mafia in you/lily/alison based on how interactions have gone this game compared to in misplay mafia, I think its probably you based on your play there compared to here, im not entirely sure but you definitely seem different to me, particularly when both overlapped, so 🤷‍♀️
Its a macro thing, so. No not really lol
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:12 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:12 pm
Its a macro thing, so. No not really lol
thats fine i kinda get what u mean tbh but i need to do some iso comparing
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i've been hard TRing porscha so if i missed some obvious shit gonna feel stupid
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

lily is scum
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:29 pmlily is scum
case me
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Tbh if Alison is wolf, Porscha is town. Alison has really tried to make me reverse my read on Porscha tbh
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:31 pm
case me
nah, I'll just tunnel you until you die lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

/shrug I dont think it's been that different, but maybe it has. If it is, I dont know why or how. I am taking JJJ's advice and trying to articulate things better rather than slipping into catty mode that comes off as self righteous but I cant think of anything else, really. I also think there is at least one wolf between me lily and alison. I'm not sure I have a stronger opinion on which of alison or lily is more likely wolf right now, though. I'll chew on it some more but I'm gonna be working for a while so I'll get more in depth later
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:43 pm
case me
no like if you scum read me show a solving process befitting of a towny and case me rather than just going "x is scum"

it will help us both come to an understanding of eachother's alignment
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

Alright, I'm here for real now, and I should have time to play for the rest of the night.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Boquise wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:34 pm Tbh if Alison is wolf, Porscha is town. Alison has really tried to make me reverse my read on Porscha tbh
How do you mean? What was your read that she is trying to reverse? Has she specifically appealed to your opinion on this? Alison herself seems to be reconsidering my slot, but only through NK analysis. I could see her faking this progression since I feel like saying "wolf porscha doesnt make those kills" but like nook said earlier... there are 3 wolves and in theory I could be a wolf who is wolfing with someone else who *does* make those kills. But I know she needs to catch up too, so maybe her opinion will change.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:47 pm
case me
no like if you scum read me show a solving process befitting of a towny and case me rather than just going "x is scum"

when have I ever showed a process
but dw I've seen your role and ik you're scum
Alison

Post by Alison »

So I am at the top of page 72 and my strongest take is that arogame and Neon are a difference check.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:48 pm
case me

okie i am going to ignore you for the rest of the game and assume you are town until i must reeval
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:52 pm
case me

okie i am going to ignore you for the rest of the game and assume you are town until i must reeval
ignore everything I've said cause I baited this perspective slip
this is the second time you've called me a bad townie
why do you assume I'm town?
Alison

Post by Alison »

It feels like SPF's sole goal this day phase is to get me to leave a legacy saying she is town.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:54 pm
case me

yep u got me good work lucy i said my tr was town
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:57 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 am
Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
yeah

i think part of my frustration with this gamestate, regardless of alison's alignment, is that it feels like 90% of the game is part of an inside joke that they won't let me in on

in spite of everything that's happened, it's still not even clear to me why people scumread alison throughout d1. what did she do that was wolf-indicative? why was she wolftelling? mac is the one who came the closest to giving a legitimate answer but i've seen basically zero reasoning from anyone that wasn't him. and again, why was alison one of the main wagons on d2? why does everyone agree that she needs to be killed today? what did she do???

it's seriously exasperating for everyone to be tunneled on alison without having a single clue how they got to her being a wolf or what she has done that is scum indicative - it feels like the game is stuck in this self-fulfilling prophesy of "alison needs to be chopped because she's been in contention for so long" but it's abundantly unclear what led to her being in contention in the first place

i just don't get it i guess
must be rough being in the minority of the game eh :/

I agree mac made the best argument. if you believe that alison is town and that the alison wagon was not pure, then you should know at least part of why she was wagon'd - to take advantage of a strong town player ML day 1 for wolves.
Alison was wagon day 2 because of the counterwagon needs to flip conversation. not sure how you missed that or why you even asked it. i'll assume it's because you're drunk, I guess.

Being in contention can get townie players ML'd for the sake of flipping and the information it brings. Because if alison were to flip wolf today, for example, you would potentially be reading her day 1 wagon differently, wouldn't you? You'd be going back and looking for coasting players / votes on her slot. why are you asking these kinds of questions? Even if you are against policy yeeting, you have to understand the answers to your questions are readily, dare I say EXTREMELY, available to you.
@Porscha - it seems like you misunderstood what i was trying to say in that post, though i don't blame you since i was drunk and writing in a pretty sloppy way. yes, i understand that alison was wagoned on d2 because she was the counterwagon on d1 and people wanted her to flip, but i wasn't literally asking why she she was voted on d2, i was asking what she has actually done that is wolf-indicative for her, and what specific behavior from her warranted the votes on the first place. i thought i made this clear when i talked about how the game was stuck in a "self fulfilling prophesy" of voting for alison because she was voted on d1 and not because she has atually wolftold
staypositivefriend
Hitman

like of course i understand that alison has been voted over the last few days because of policy, lol, you didn't need to tell me that. i'm talking about the way that people are actually reading her alignment separate from whether they think she should be policed
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:29 am For data sake:
Lily and Boq on me.

Porscha, Aro and Sean on Alison.

@Alison, I likely won't get to you till tomorrow, in the interim can you briefly describe your position. Why are you lead wagon, who should be the lead wagon and is there a wolf on you? Who. You often have a gravity so I think this inquiry is a good way for me to start while I try to figure out what I in a previous life saw in Aro's slot.
I was D1 counterwagon to a town flip. People wanted to resolve me D2 so they can do wagonomic analysis on the D1 wagons. Creature went over instead and flipped town, so now there is a strong sentiment that I have to go no matter what.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:57 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:54 pm

case me

yep u got me good work lucy i said my tr was town
why are you so confident?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:47 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:34 pm Tbh if Alison is wolf, Porscha is town. Alison has really tried to make me reverse my read on Porscha tbh
How do you mean? What was your read that she is trying to reverse? Has she specifically appealed to your opinion on this? Alison herself seems to be reconsidering my slot, but only through NK analysis. I could see her faking this progression since I feel like saying "wolf porscha doesnt make those kills" but like nook said earlier... there are 3 wolves and in theory I could be a wolf who is wolfing with someone else who *does* make those kills. But I know she needs to catch up too, so maybe her opinion will change.
Alison wrote a post at D2 specifically addressing me about my read on you, telling me that I am wrong and I should remember it in her legacy (paraphrased) tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:08 am boq/lily/Alison/aro/spf poe
This POE probably contains two mafia.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:44 pm
/shrug I dont think it's been that different, but maybe it has. If it is, I dont know why or how. I am taking JJJ's advice and trying to articulate things better rather than slipping into catty mode that comes off as self righteous but I cant think of anything else, really. I also think there is at least one wolf between me lily and alison. I'm not sure I have a stronger opinion on which of alison or lily is more likely wolf right now, though. I'll chew on it some more but I'm gonna be working for a while so I'll get more in depth later
The good thing here is that I am pretty sure Lily and Alison are not scum together tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:57 pm
Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:57 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 am
Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
yeah

i think part of my frustration with this gamestate, regardless of alison's alignment, is that it feels like 90% of the game is part of an inside joke that they won't let me in on

in spite of everything that's happened, it's still not even clear to me why people scumread alison throughout d1. what did she do that was wolf-indicative? why was she wolftelling? mac is the one who came the closest to giving a legitimate answer but i've seen basically zero reasoning from anyone that wasn't him. and again, why was alison one of the main wagons on d2? why does everyone agree that she needs to be killed today? what did she do???

it's seriously exasperating for everyone to be tunneled on alison without having a single clue how they got to her being a wolf or what she has done that is scum indicative - it feels like the game is stuck in this self-fulfilling prophesy of "alison needs to be chopped because she's been in contention for so long" but it's abundantly unclear what led to her being in contention in the first place

i just don't get it i guess
must be rough being in the minority of the game eh :/

I agree mac made the best argument. if you believe that alison is town and that the alison wagon was not pure, then you should know at least part of why she was wagon'd - to take advantage of a strong town player ML day 1 for wolves.
Alison was wagon day 2 because of the counterwagon needs to flip conversation. not sure how you missed that or why you even asked it. i'll assume it's because you're drunk, I guess.

Being in contention can get townie players ML'd for the sake of flipping and the information it brings. Because if alison were to flip wolf today, for example, you would potentially be reading her day 1 wagon differently, wouldn't you? You'd be going back and looking for coasting players / votes on her slot. why are you asking these kinds of questions? Even if you are against policy yeeting, you have to understand the answers to your questions are readily, dare I say EXTREMELY, available to you.
@Porscha - it seems like you misunderstood what i was trying to say in that post, though i don't blame you since i was drunk and writing in a pretty sloppy way. yes, i understand that alison was wagoned on d2 because she was the counterwagon on d1 and people wanted her to flip, but i wasn't literally asking why she she was voted on d2, i was asking what she has actually done that is wolf-indicative for her, and what specific behavior from her warranted the votes on the first place. i thought i made this clear when i talked about how the game was stuck in a "self fulfilling prophesy" of voting for alison because she was voted on d1 and not because she has atually wolftold
Alison's crime in this game was to be a part of the privileged bourgeois tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:16 am I don't get why you can't just take the hints and agree to doubt yourself more. It's like you're intentionally clinging to the idea that Alison has to be town. Open up your view... I feel you are actively trying to look at it subjectively (like a smaller version of confbias) rather than a more neutral and therefore more objective mindset.
SPF has been steadily trending down after I initially townread her at the start of the day and this is a big part of why. SPF has consistently suspected me whenever she is town, regardless of my alignment unless/until I bury a couple of wolves. Her nearly paranoia free stance on me this game reeks of TMI and reeks of mafia wanting to drag me to endgame where I am a free misexe. I was particularly pinged by her argument that I should be forgiven for my results this game when she is usually very strict on reading me by results especially after last game where it is what led her to concluding I am mafia despite townreading my play.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:16 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:07 am
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:03 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:02 am im kind of baffled by you describing alison and creature as being in "similar positions" when the way they approached the day yesterday couldnt relaly have been more different
They both are in similar positions as the whole thread are after them. Idk why that wouldn’t be a similar position.
ok well maybe they were in a similar position in the sense that both of them were being scumread by the rest of the thread but the way they approached d2 and interacted w/the people around them could not have been more different, which is why it's absurd that ur trying to draw a comparison between them to discredit my tr on alison

in general your read on alison really bothers me and is probably the biggest concern that i have about ur rn - it feels like ur trying to push a world where she is mafia more than u actually have a good rwason to believe that she s mafia. can u explain like im 5 why alison is mafia fypov?
can I ask you if you ever see a world where alison and creature are both being strongly pressured (creature referred to numerously as "outted wolf" - not a pressure put onto alison in nearly the same way whatsoever) and creature reacts more like alison and alison acts more like creature? they both reacted how they would always react... I'm not sober but I guess what i'm trying to say is that how they reacted to their individual pressures was NAI for both of them. I don't think you should look at the question of "from a similar starting point, how do these players react differently affects my reads on them" because... Creature replied in his own towny way. It's why I wouldn't agree that he was an outted wolf. Under the pressure Creature was under, including STRONG mac tunnel, that is how town Creature replies.
Town alison would never react how Creature reacted, because Alison would never act like that under any circumstances. Do you believe that Alison's response to her pushes, which I would argue (besides the mac argument) that Alison has actually been under quite a bit less scrutiny than Creature was. Why would Alison play any different than she always does, which is a cool-under-pressure town player, and a pretty cool-under-pressure player who you have admitted you aren't very good at reading?

I don't get why you can't just take the hints and agree to doubt yourself more. It's like you're intentionally clinging to the idea that Alison has to be town. Open up your view... I feel you are actively trying to look at it subjectively (like a smaller version of confbias) rather than a more neutral and therefore more objective mindset.
again, i feel like you misunderstood what my post was trying to say because this entire post is just you agreeing with me

alison and creature reacted differently to pressure based on their own individual personalities/the context from which they were being pressured in, which means that it is illogical to read their reactions from the same foundation or assume that their reactions should be read in the same way. aro was implying that it was hypocritical for me to read creature and alison from two different standards, when it would actually be illogical to read them from the same standard

also wrt to "opening up my view" on alison, i'm not sure what else you want from me. i've been clear about the fact that i'm not going to put up a fight against alison being eliminated today even though my intuition still feels like she's town. i've been clear about the fact that i think she could just be mafia and that my view of the game is simply wrong. i have been open minded today, but i'm not gonna call alison mafia without a good reason just because you're telling me that i should
Alison

Post by Alison »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:26 am Ah, but she seriously voted for herself yesterday in an act of solidarity with "correct" gameplay.
And then she bothered self preserving. Maybe she made an explanation why, maybe I'm forgetting. But I have no recollection of why she did this unless of course, it wasn't that serious of a vote since she wouldn't bother sticking to her guns.
If we are to evaluate Alison on Alison standards, as should probably be done, I believe I had the most correct of gamestate thoughts:
if it is between alison vs creature
or alison vs porscha
Alison is the only constant. I also believe Alison should have recognized this, and Mac threw by confbiasing himself into falcon and creature when both of them were well within their town ranges. SPF, I saw you mention Alison has not been leading the game or leading mislynches and therefore her votes cannot be her fault. But have you considered she hasn't HAD to lead the game or lead lynches when the town has been ML'ing town? Why is this seem outside of possibility when you discuss Alison?
viewtopic.php?p=956984#p956984

For my explanation why I self pressed

Return to “Previous Hustles”