Easter Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 302

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Quin »

nah colin is bad guys just wait
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:49 pm
Quin wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:39 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:37 pm
lapluie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm I did idunno why but I panicked
You gave me the confidense in voting Marmot though. I trusted your intuition. <3
but you won't trust mine :rolleyes:
What do you think of nutella?
GTH good.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:38 pm I think I'm just going to take my sweet time writing up the lynch post and savor the tension.

:p :feb:
Fine with me, I know the answers. :feb:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Garrett Mancuso was livid. He took pride in being one of the top animal control agents in the Windy City but sometimes the job has its down days.

He had big plans for the evening. He was going to visit his sick grandmother in the hospital, reconnect with some old high school friends, and depart for a romantic getaway with his girlfriend. All of that was shot to hell now.

It's not that he wanted to take the trouble call half an hour before his on-call duty ended. He had no choice. Instead of ending the day feeling like a winner, Garrett would learn that his grandmother died an hour after he was supposed to visit her, his old friends would take offense to being stood up and write him off completely, and he and his girlfriend would miss their flight.

All this because a bunch of nitwits at a downtown hotel swore there was a dangerous rabbit on the loose. He would earn three hours of overtime pay for his efforts, but he would come up empty-handed on the job and even worse off in his personal life.

Some days it just pays to say no.

--------------------------------

No one has been lynched.

It is now Night 4.

You have until 8:00 p.m. US Eastern time to send power role requests.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Quin »

remember that time colin died but didn't make any legacy posts
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Yay!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:08 pmYay!
marmot friend, i knew i was right about you.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay then.

Find the teammate and win. We ought to have 1 mislynch before we must lynch the Cadbury Bunny, so a POE of 2 + Colin would be super.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

wHAT
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trajectory update:

Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Before the night is over I will provide full interactive analyses for Colin teammates. I suggest others do the same. I shouldn't be the only voice on that front.

Thank you for fighting hard, Marmot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t know about you guys, but Colin has some explaining to do.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:15 pm I don’t know about you guys, but Colin has some explaining to do.
You think?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

lapluie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:11 pmwHAT
fyi you look hella bad right now
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Before I say anything else, there’s something I need to address.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by ColinIsCool »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:45 pm If I die, the mafia are fucking idiots.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Okay. That felt good. Resume play.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

spooked :solitary:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

:rip:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Colin and Dizzy
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm Page 5-7
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 pm Maybe I used policy lynch incorrectly there, but it sounds like you're saying we should lynch people who haven't contributed at all as a Day 1 rule, Charlie.

Benefits would be not losing voices in a game that's having a tough time taking off and also, of course, there's nothing stopping a scum from just lurking at this point. Especially at this point, maybe.
What are your reads, hopes and dreams? At this point in the game you're reading more like a side commentator to me. And I've seen scum act that way before. I'm pointing fingers at you.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:52 pm Pages 8-9
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:04 pm Yeah, having read the case against Jay, I don’t see anything I wouldn’t expect from his town behavior. I don’t see the case on Dizzy and I’d prefer not to vote Floyd, but between those two, if a replacement’s not happening I won’t lose sleep lynching someone not even in the thread.
Colini's posts reads like a scum player who wants to lynch the town player who deserves it the most.
^Someone talk to me about this.
When Dizzy was initially catching up with the game, he tossed some poop in Colin's direction. Both of these are extracted from larger multi-quoted posts.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm What do you mean “deserves it the most”?
Being anti-town, not doing their job. Like, you're looking for town who can be reasonably blamed for getting lynched rather than looking for scum. Are you? ARE YOU???
Good eye, soldier.

Dizzy looked sternly at Colin on Day 1.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pmWell I mean ... you’re supposed to lynch anti-town players, aren’t you? That’s scum. So I guess I see what you’re saying but I find it pretty disagreeable as a stance.
What's your experience with mafia?
Dizzy asked Colin a few of these background check type questions.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:08 pm [VOTE: Colin
]
aubergine
Even though he's cool and it doesn't matter right now.
Then placed a vote.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:39 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm Hey, engage with me all you want, I just think there are much better targets out there, and the fact that they're "easy" or whatever shouldn't stop us from considering them if they look scummy. Love that tiger stuff though!
This post does not ease my concerns. : p

I don't know you as a player, so it's hard for me to read you. I also am following the suspicions that makes sense to me, and that includes you now. I especially pursue this hunch cause nobody else is. Reading through you looked more controlled and aware than others. I think scum tends to look more like this than town. We'll see, I guess.
Dizzy didn't let go of this through Day 1, even as Choutas was lynched. I appreciate that Dizzy wasn't giving an inch in this conversation, and the above quote isn't the only example from this period.

On Night 1 Dizzy upgraded Colin to the light green tier, suggesting that the original suspicion was exaggerated. I'm not clear on why Colin deserved this position compared to the seven people who were placed below him in the red tier. Please expand on this, Dizzy.

Neutral chatter about the nova kill and wolbre.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:19 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 pmI don’t quite understand the jump for Colin into civ territory and it looks like neither do you. Do you have a better idea of how that jumped?

And lol I’m “meh compared to last game” :pout:

I could be convinced that dys only had choutas on his belt pouch and not on his back because he suspected Colin more, and I could be convinced that that side eye to choutas was a slight distance in the case of this lynch happening as it did. But I’m in the camp that dys is good right now. Just curious of how hisnread of Colin has changed

Ima look at Colin next
In terms of suspicion, I thought Choutas was more suspicious by a good margin actually. But he was already getting lynched at that point. I focused my energy into a suspect that didn't have a lot of attention at him at the time. It's rather typical of me. Try to poke the potential scum overlooked if I can. Even if I exaggerated some of my concerns with Colins a bit to see how I felt, I still see a lot of stuff that points to town for him, and his tone is good, so it's more likely he's town is what I think right now. In terms of post lynch Colin had a post where he explicitly said he thught Choutas was not the best lynch target when it was clear Choutas was most likely the lynch. It would be a bit weird if they were teamed to say that. Does this make sense?
Dizzy expanded on his change of heart re: Colin at Scotty's request. The reasoning demands WIFOM, but it doesn't significantly bother me. I am more concerned that so many people were under Colin in the rainbow than I am about the color Colin was given.

~~~

Dizzy talked about Colin a shit load, so I am not going to discuss everything.

~~~
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:13 pm Being the generous type that I am, I'll just say Jimmeey, Kyle, MP and Colin for town.
Night 2 town read for Colin.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:24 am I think I'm back at Marmot, Epi and maybe Eloh as suspects. Quin is ugh.

Jimmeey, MP and Colin seems town. Scotty aslo seems town, though I haven't really been around at the same time with him so don't have a great feeling either way.

If I'm Gladys Campbell I got a negative result, which is unhelpful since there are more non-dentists than dentists left.
Reiterated on Day 3.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:09 pm It's funny, cause I had a twinge of paranoia for you not being paranoid of me at all earlier. But this just feels weird. Both this, and what you said regarding "someone defending me may engage in TMI" looks to me like plain unsound reasoning that I don't expect you engaging in. So me and Colin defended you from MP's accusations. What's the point of stating that someone defending you may engage in TMI? Like, duh, if any of us are scum, yeah we are. It says nothing. It just creates doubt. Either you think I'm town/scum/unsure (same for Colin) or you don't. It's like both these arguments boils down to "if this person doing this thing is scum, then they are not doing it honestly". No shit, Sherlock.
Colin engaged in TMI. Did Dizzy do it too? :grin:
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:51 pm I think Colin is town now. Lalala
Lalala
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 am I haven't read Jimmeey's cases yet. I will take time to respond to mine.

I think Nut comes across very good in interaction with Epi. Reading her town now. So thanks.
I actually think a lot of players comes across better. Epi and Jimmeeey at least. Though Epi's posts are still frustrating as fuck to read.
Scotty and Quin are both very much on the leaning town side in my mind. When I think about it I guess that is mostly intuition/tone, especially for Scotty.

I could find a reason to vote lapluie, Marmot or Colin. Colin maybe least of all those.
The honeymoon seems to be over on Day 4.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:46 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:57 pm What? Why do people think I’m claiming Keith?
Gurl, you literally threw a brick wall of disbelief to Marmot's claim which was otherwise not disputed. And you wonder why people are prodding you to see if you are actually Keith and have definite knowledge? Gurl.

For the record: If anyone but Marmot is Keith they should definitely claim. If that was even a question.
Dizzy had a ton to say during the counterclaim saga, so I will try to limit my discussion to highlights. When Colin was incredulous about being associated with a counterclaim, Dizzy threw a brick at his face.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 pm [VOTE: Colin] aubergine

To be with the cool kids.
This was a relatively late vote (I believe sixth) on the initial Colin wagon.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:30 pm Colin, I don't think it would take Marmot much thought to understand you are Keith. You didn't hide well. : p

I believe Colin over Marmot. He immediately reacted negatively to the claim.

Also, I can read Marmot souls. I told you all.
[VOTE:
Marmot]
aubergine
Dizzy moved back to Marmot after Colin officially counterclaimed. I can't blame 'em, I did the same thing.

Dizzy begins probing prior tallies for clues about teammates of Marmot. This isn't about Colin really, but I think it looks authentic.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:35 pm I dislike Colin claiming and disappearing btw.

Ugh. Scum the lot of you.
At least he's getting ripped.

From this point, Dizzy was pretty negative in their assessment of both Marmot and Colin and swapped his vote both ways, which is easy to understand since both of them looked terrible. Dizzy elected to stay on Marmot in the end.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:18 pm I think it’s Marmot. Final answer for me. You all do what you feel is right.
I couldn't fault Dizzy in the moment and I still don't. It was an extremely difficult choice.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:48 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 pm Idk if I’m still allowed to post but I really hope you guys can pull through on this one. I’ll be watching
I won’t lose faith. Murp.
At this point the lynch was already finalized, but G-Man hadn't posted the results. I think it looks like Dizzy really does believe Colin will flip as Keith Shover.

~~~

On Day 1, Colin supported my suspicion of Dizzy.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pmI started playing around 10 or 11 years ago as a wee babe but I have played extremely inconsistently in that time. Dunno how many. I played on RYM in the old days with some of these folks. I used to want to be scum all the time but now I have a job and junk so it’s a lot harder to have fun that way.
Alright, thanks. So you have enough experience to know anti-town doesn't always equal scum. You voted Lapluie and said her behavior was not pro-town. Why not just say you think she's scum? This is why it looks like you're searching for town that it would make sense voting and it also reads like a guilty mindset.
I believe I did call lapluie scum? This feels like reaching tbh.
This feels indignant and unplanned, tbh.

Pale green things in Colin's Day 2 rainbow

Colin did an ISO on Dizzy, called a lot of their play "strange" or similar things, but still concluded "GOOD STUFF". That's odd.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:02 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:49 am
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 pm On to finding the scum on Eloh's wagon then. It's not Dizzy.
If you think Marmot is town, why would scum necessarily be on Eloh's wagon? I've been thinking about this. So if Marmot is town, I don't think there would be much incentive for scum to mislynch Eloh over Marmot, quite the opposite. Eloh was not doing much or putting in much effort and not a hard mislynch (and unlikely to be in the future) imo. If Marmot is town, that is a more active presence and a "better mislynch" from a scum perspective. Obviously scum would want to vote either if their both town and it would depend on how they've already expressed suspicion. That said, I still think there's good chances Marmot is scum, in which case I'd say it's highly likely there's scum on Eloh's wagon. I guess I'm just wondering if you think there has to be scum on the wagon, or more so was thinking of doing voting analysis on the wagon to see if anything sticks out?
That’s all a pretty good point. If I had to guess I’d figure there’s scum on both, spreading themselves apart, but maybe that’s just my brain trying to get symmetry.
Colin informs us that the mafia are more likely to spread themselves between two prevailing wagons (in this case, Elohcin and Marmot). He can be believed or not, but I will try to remember to look into that. He's already shown a penchant for TMI. :dark:
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:31 pm Are you fucking kidding me
Can you please end my misery and tell me if you’re scum or not? I need to sleep.
It’s Marmot.
WIFOM burger about to served, but I think this looks decent for Dizzy. Colin was lynched at this point, but he still couldn't resist the opportunity to make Dizzy feel a little despair.

~~~~~

Conclusion

If I wanted to, I could pull a case against Dizzy out of this. There's a questionable progression from right to wrong to right to wrong through the course of the game. Still, I am not inclined to go there. It doesn't feel right, and I have an easier time seeing a Dizzy who is being an uncertain civilian and trying to sort a player out. I'll call this a slight net positive for Dizzy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:04 pm
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 pm On to finding the scum on Eloh's wagon then. It's not Dizzy.
If you think Marmot is town, why would scum necessarily be on Eloh's wagon? I've been thinking about this. So if Marmot is town, I don't think there would be much incentive for scum to mislynch Eloh over Marmot, quite the opposite. Eloh was not doing much or putting in much effort and not a hard mislynch (and unlikely to be in the future) imo. If Marmot is town, that is a more active presence and a "better mislynch" from a scum perspective. Obviously scum would want to vote either if their both town and it would depend on how they've already expressed suspicion. That said, I still think there's good chances Marmot is scum, in which case I'd say it's highly likely there's scum on Eloh's wagon. I guess I'm just wondering if you think there has to be scum on the wagon, or more so was thinking of doing voting analysis on the wagon to see if anything sticks out?
That’s all a pretty good point. If I had to guess I’d figure there’s scum on both, spreading themselves apart, but maybe that’s just my brain trying to get symmetry.
Colin informs us that the mafia are more likely to spread themselves between two prevailing wagons (in this case, Elohcin and Marmot). He can be believed or not, but I will try to remember to look into that. He's already shown a penchant for TMI. :dark:
I looked into this and didn't turn up much of use. The votes were split such that nearly all of the valid suspects are already separated from Colin anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Colin and Charlie Blackmon, starting center fielder for the Colorado Rockies

I already did this. Tack on Epi's vote for Colin just now and there you go. I give Epignosis credit for his suspicion that Caerbannog was one of the two to claim, because my intuition was the opposite. It was too late in the phase to try to lynch someone else with any coordination (we hardly managed as it was), but it's a nice look that he suggested it anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Aiiiight
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 207

Post by Epignosis »

I want either nutella or Quin ejected next.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Colin and nutella

Colin is dead center in a Night 2 rainbow. nutella said this came before receiving her role, so do what you will with that.
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:02 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:23 am Nutella, what about lap gives you such a strong townread?
She looks like the town lap I have seen in other games. I'm never entirely sure with her though and might also be able to draw comparisons to her bad game if I reread.
Chatter about lapluie as a town read.

Town GTH read on Night 2
nutella wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 pm I don’t know about Jay you guys. Would he make a legacy post that long, for the second time in the game, if he were scum? My instinct and knowledge of him as a player tells me he’d put the effort to try to frame somebody else instead or something.
This for example.

You’ve expressed unease about me given the way I play. That’s fine. Considering that though, I struggle to understand why my legacy posts, which were inspirational in nature and did not contain actual reads, would be sufficient to alleviate the tinfoil you otherwise tend to project about me. Within that framework this seems a tenuous defense of me.
Hmm ok
I guess just because it seems like, knowing you, you’ve said before that scum need to just be able to survive the noose right no matter what that’s their most important goal so I think with that in mind if you were scum you would be actively trying to do that in a different way like saying oh lynch this person instead here’s a big fucking case you know. Instead of being like ... yall if my ass gets murdered here are your instrucfions before leaving earth. I bet that doesnt make sense but thats the thinking. I mean you can do WIFOM but idk get that shit outta here
actually a fair point. I think Jay's response to MP's and my suspicion/intent to lynch him makes him look more town atm, I'm just... very afraid that he could easily fake that classic jay supatown behavior. Like I said earlier I'm kind of in paranoid-tinfoily mode and just won't feel right until I know his alignment for sure, but I will probably end up on a more reasonable candidate (eloh or marmot) by eod.
Chatter about me as a tinfoil read.
nutella wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:12 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:11 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:06 pm [VOTE: charliepignoseman] aubergine
Can you elaborate?
He hasn't made a single civilian-looking post the entire game. He pushed the Eloh lynch after not much precedent for suspecting her before then. He's trying to paint Quin in a bad light. And PoE. He's bad.
Chatter about Epignosis as a mafia read. Much chatter in these posts.
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:51 am Poe:

if they are bad I will personally eat G-Man's dictionary:
Scotty
Epi Blackballs

Would need to seriously re-evaluate in order to not see as town:
Quin

Leaning town:
Colin

Who the hell knows:
Marmot

Tinfoil Zone:
JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon

Leaning bad:
Lapluie

I might read Colin's iso next to see if I can see what others see. My gut says town on him but I don't have a lot to back that up. Dys probably next after that. I could also be wrong about lap, which scares me because that leaves a lot of possibilities.
Not my favorite thing.
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:58 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:49 am I’m just realizing how brilliant Marmot’s D1 tradition is. There is no expectation of him ever making a real stance this phase as town and it carries over into his scum game easily, freeing him of most things a scum might get trapped in that early. I’m not making a read here, just, kudos.
K Colin/marmot prolly not w/w
Okay.
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 pm Finished Colin's iso and he still looks pretty good to me. He remains a poe possibility but I'd be surprised.

Gonna start isoing dys but I'm just reading sporadically while working so it'll take a while.
nutella, could you clarify what you meant by this exactly? If Colin looked pretty good, what separated him from your outright civilian reads and made him a "poe possibility"?
nutella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:30 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:25 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:23 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm Better mafia to nightkill a confirmed civilian power role than for town to mislynch a civilian power role. We need to use the lynch on the scum.
Unless you’re just buying time because you want to get civ numbers down before you’re outed as Caebernog.
What do you suppose we should do with Marmot if nobody counterclaims Keith Shover?
I fully expect Keith to not claim. I support that decision, and it’s why I’m now 100% convinced he’s scum.

The only way a scum would be brazen enough to fakeclaim, though, is if they know they won’t be lynched. (I would think, anyway.) So whether we want to use the lynch to confirm that ... idk. I don’t know where we sit numbers-wise if we change the phase-patters until LYLO like that.
This is some hot bullshit. [VOTE: colin] aubergine
Enjoyable post. :nicenod:

nutella continued to fight with Colin over the claiming drama and yelled at him to claim himself if he was the doctor. Eventually he obliged.
nutella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:13 pm Good. Now it's 100% certain that either Marmot or Colin is mafia.
Yeah at least we have this.

Damn it Colin you took so long that I don't know whether to believe you especially since you actively denied it earlier.

But I did town read you before all this and can't say the same for Marmot, so I guess I'll bite the bullet and [VOTE: marmot] aubergine

Oh yeah also I didn't buy marmot's point about Kyle because it was very easily retroactive
I can't fault her for this.

Her quantum reads stayed in perpetual random motion when I identified a discrepancy in Colin's story.

I am surprised to find that she has very few posts since this moment. She left soon after, with her final vote on Colin.

~~~
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:04 pm Yeah, having read the case against Jay, I don’t see anything I wouldn’t expect from his town behavior. I don’t see the case on Dizzy and I’d prefer not to vote Floyd, but between those two, if a replacement’s not happening I won’t lose sleep lynching someone not even in the thread.
I believe you. :meany:

Dead center on a Colin Day 2 rainbow, unsurprisingly for a player with no posts.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:08 pmhi guys
GTH, who are the scum
Colin welcomed nutella into the game with this prod. That's rude. :grin: (just kidding)
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm Aaaaand my aunt will be here very shortly, so, I don't have time to do more. If I die plz get a scum for me.

GTH reads (not ISO informed)

Marmot — sketched out by Choutas vote, do not like that he's more active than I remember town Marmot being, along lines with MP
nutella — yeah, OK
Quin — his resurgence last night felt genuine to me, but I have such a hard time getting a read on this guy. leaning true neutral to town but it could really be anywhere
Scotty — didn't like his latest line of argument against me, hard reading him too, but I would put him slightly above Quin for now because he looks like his AG play
GTH read of nutella is "yeah, OK, which means... :shrug2:
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 pm If I’m a bunny, nutella is my scummate.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:15 pm I think it is possible that nutella is scum and they may have had trouble as a team starting out with Floyd (not) there, but there’s so much less to go on than the others.
Mmmkay.

~~~~~

It's not a sterling report card, and I could see a teammate relationship. The thing that gives me the most pause about that is Colin's initial apathy about lynching Floyd. Give me feedback.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well that was quite a day to finish reading.

I appreciate your belief in my Jay, or rather your willingness to go back and read the initial reactions after I claimed. Also thanks Charlie for botching your attempt to vote for Colin based on stats that you misread. :rolleyes:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jay, why shouldn't I think you're Colin's teammate?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

What a fucking end of day to miss! Good job boyos and thank god you were all right. JJJ coming in hot with that catch at the end.

There is no way in hell that JJJ is bad after that EoD. Surprisingly, Dys looked the worst after I left and in hindsight, next to Quin. I’ll take a detailed look at Colin interactions tomorrow. Everything he’s said in the past day is complete WIFOM and shouldn’t be taken at face value, or even below the belt value, but before he was the main lynch candidate should be entirely enlightening.

So I guess what I’m saying is: let’s lynch marmot tomorrow k
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am What a fucking end of day to miss! Good job boyos and thank god you were all right. JJJ coming in hot with that catch at the end.

There is no way in hell that JJJ is bad after that EoD. Surprisingly, Dys looked the worst after I left and in hindsight, next to Quin. I’ll take a detailed look at Colin interactions tomorrow. Everything he’s said in the past day is complete WIFOM and shouldn’t be taken at face value, or even below the belt value, but before he was the main lynch candidate should be entirely enlightening.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:26 pm Colin and Charlie Blackmon, starting center fielder for the Colorado Rockies

I already did this. Tack on Epi's vote for Colin just now and there you go. I give Epignosis credit for his suspicion that Caerbannog was one of the two to claim, because my intuition was the opposite. It was too late in the phase to try to lynch someone else with any coordination (we hardly managed as it was), but it's a nice look that he suggested it anyway.
+509 points for pushin the last vote across
-31 points for coming to a conclusion 10 minutes before EoD that one of them was unlynchable.

I don’t find it that suspicious, but more ‘jenkies’ that he came to that conclusion. [mention]Charlie Blackmon[/mention] how did you come to that conclusion, ¡claro que si!

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

We're not lynching Jay tomorrow. First of all, he's town. Second of all, we've got a mislynch to spare, so we're not using it on the towniest town that ever towned this game. Not Day 5.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:24 am Jay, why shouldn't I think you're Colin's teammate?
I read his entire movement at the EoD and even earlier as organic, and don’t think he would have been so malleable if he were bad. He also had a perfect opportunity to just let Marmot take the brunt after I found Marmot was covering for the fucking cop, but instead picked up on colin’s disjointed past and started the train back.

Like, come on. JJJ ain’t bad, nut

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Scotty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am What a fucking end of day to miss! Good job boyos and thank god you were all right. JJJ coming in hot with that catch at the end.

I didn't totally follow all the crazy vote changing at EOD so perhaps you are right about Jay. If it's between dizzy and quin though man idfk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

This day was so incredibly enlightening and game changing because not only did we keep our doc, we also can confirm Marmot, lap, (and in my opinion) JJJ and Epi. Epi’s not confirmed, but he looks great right now.

Which means the remaining pool to be examined should be between:
Me
Quin
Dys
nutella

If JJJ is bad, I will smile more. (God help me if I’m wrong)

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Scotty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:26 pm Colin and Charlie Blackmon, starting center fielder for the Colorado Rockies

+509 points for pushin the last vote across
-31 points for coming to a conclusion 10 minutes before EoD that one of them was unlynchable.

I don’t find it that suspicious, but more ‘jenkies’ that he came to that conclusion. @Charlie Blackmon how did you come to that conclusion, ¡claro que si!
Mmmm....hmmmmm. :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I guess I'd lean Quin?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Lol at Scotty putting himself in his PoE.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

why can't people just believe me when i say i'm town

mafia would be so easy if we all agreed never to lie to eachother
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I started a colin/quin iso, but I'm turning into an old man and tired, and can't stay up past 11, so will finish tomorrow (unless Jay beatse to it).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh lol. Sorry Marmot. Good job, Colin.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Quin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 am mafia would be so easy if we all agreed never to lie to eachother
Agreed
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

My immediate thoughts after the flips is that the most likely scum is Quin. He seemed sure Colin was scum and seemed to have no real emotion or agony over this. I did suspect Jimmeey for being teamed with Marmot (cause I thought Marmot was the scum >_>). In some respect Quin's vote on Colin and the insisting of it being Colin even after the timer was out seems almost too obvious. The way both Colin and Marmot acted made me think we had the wrong lynch. Maybe that was conf bias on my end. I think Jimmeey, Nut and Scotty has a lot going for them to be town. Still I find myself doubting especially Jimmeey and Nut on certain points, and I almost feel bad, cause at least one is town and not unlikely both, so is it worth the doubt? I have more thoughts here that will go more into later. I think my suspicion on Jimmey is rather tinfoily.

---

D5 - 6 town vs 2 scum = 2 chances to hit scum.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:20 am
Quin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 am mafia would be so easy if we all agreed never to lie to eachother
Agreed
Did I scare you a little bit in the start of the game? I need the boost.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:23 am My immediate thoughts after the flips is that the most likely scum is Quin. He seemed sure Colin was scum and seemed to have no real emotion or agony over this. I did suspect Jimmeey for being teamed with Marmot (cause I thought Marmot was the scum >_>). In some respect Quin's vote on Colin and the insisting of it being Colin even after the timer was out seems almost too obvious. The way both Colin and Marmot acted made me think we had the wrong lynch. Maybe that was conf bias on my end. I think Jimmeey, Nut and Scotty has a lot going for them to be town. Still I find myself doubting especially Jimmeey and Nut on certain points, and I almost feel bad, cause at least one is town and not unlikely both, so is it worth the doubt? I have more thoughts here that will go more into later. I think my suspicion on Jimmey is rather tinfoily.

---

It was pretty damn obvious he was bad once the poll ended. Colin knows what a legacy post is. How many did we get? None. How many times did Colin pretend not to know what a legacy post was? One.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:04 pm Colin and Dizzy
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm Page 5-7
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 pm Maybe I used policy lynch incorrectly there, but it sounds like you're saying we should lynch people who haven't contributed at all as a Day 1 rule, Charlie.

Benefits would be not losing voices in a game that's having a tough time taking off and also, of course, there's nothing stopping a scum from just lurking at this point. Especially at this point, maybe.
What are your reads, hopes and dreams? At this point in the game you're reading more like a side commentator to me. And I've seen scum act that way before. I'm pointing fingers at you.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:52 pm Pages 8-9
Colini's posts reads like a scum player who wants to lynch the town player who deserves it the most.
^Someone talk to me about this.
When Dizzy was initially catching up with the game, he tossed some poop in Colin's direction. Both of these are extracted from larger multi-quoted posts.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm What do you mean “deserves it the most”?
Being anti-town, not doing their job. Like, you're looking for town who can be reasonably blamed for getting lynched rather than looking for scum. Are you? ARE YOU???
Good eye, soldier.

Dizzy looked sternly at Colin on Day 1.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pmWell I mean ... you’re supposed to lynch anti-town players, aren’t you? That’s scum. So I guess I see what you’re saying but I find it pretty disagreeable as a stance.
What's your experience with mafia?
Dizzy asked Colin a few of these background check type questions.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:08 pm [VOTE: Colin
]
aubergine
Even though he's cool and it doesn't matter right now.
Then placed a vote.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:39 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm Hey, engage with me all you want, I just think there are much better targets out there, and the fact that they're "easy" or whatever shouldn't stop us from considering them if they look scummy. Love that tiger stuff though!
This post does not ease my concerns. : p

I don't know you as a player, so it's hard for me to read you. I also am following the suspicions that makes sense to me, and that includes you now. I especially pursue this hunch cause nobody else is. Reading through you looked more controlled and aware than others. I think scum tends to look more like this than town. We'll see, I guess.
Dizzy didn't let go of this through Day 1, even as Choutas was lynched. I appreciate that Dizzy wasn't giving an inch in this conversation, and the above quote isn't the only example from this period.

On Night 1 Dizzy upgraded Colin to the light green tier, suggesting that the original suspicion was exaggerated. I'm not clear on why Colin deserved this position compared to the seven people who were placed below him in the red tier. Please expand on this, Dizzy.

Neutral chatter about the nova kill and wolbre.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:19 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 pmI don’t quite understand the jump for Colin into civ territory and it looks like neither do you. Do you have a better idea of how that jumped?

And lol I’m “meh compared to last game” :pout:

I could be convinced that dys only had choutas on his belt pouch and not on his back because he suspected Colin more, and I could be convinced that that side eye to choutas was a slight distance in the case of this lynch happening as it did. But I’m in the camp that dys is good right now. Just curious of how hisnread of Colin has changed

Ima look at Colin next
In terms of suspicion, I thought Choutas was more suspicious by a good margin actually. But he was already getting lynched at that point. I focused my energy into a suspect that didn't have a lot of attention at him at the time. It's rather typical of me. Try to poke the potential scum overlooked if I can. Even if I exaggerated some of my concerns with Colins a bit to see how I felt, I still see a lot of stuff that points to town for him, and his tone is good, so it's more likely he's town is what I think right now. In terms of post lynch Colin had a post where he explicitly said he thught Choutas was not the best lynch target when it was clear Choutas was most likely the lynch. It would be a bit weird if they were teamed to say that. Does this make sense?
Dizzy expanded on his change of heart re: Colin at Scotty's request. The reasoning demands WIFOM, but it doesn't significantly bother me. I am more concerned that so many people were under Colin in the rainbow than I am about the color Colin was given.

~~~

Dizzy talked about Colin a shit load, so I am not going to discuss everything.

~~~
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:13 pm Being the generous type that I am, I'll just say Jimmeey, Kyle, MP and Colin for town.
Night 2 town read for Colin.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:24 am I think I'm back at Marmot, Epi and maybe Eloh as suspects. Quin is ugh.

Jimmeey, MP and Colin seems town. Scotty aslo seems town, though I haven't really been around at the same time with him so don't have a great feeling either way.

If I'm Gladys Campbell I got a negative result, which is unhelpful since there are more non-dentists than dentists left.
Reiterated on Day 3.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:09 pm It's funny, cause I had a twinge of paranoia for you not being paranoid of me at all earlier. But this just feels weird. Both this, and what you said regarding "someone defending me may engage in TMI" looks to me like plain unsound reasoning that I don't expect you engaging in. So me and Colin defended you from MP's accusations. What's the point of stating that someone defending you may engage in TMI? Like, duh, if any of us are scum, yeah we are. It says nothing. It just creates doubt. Either you think I'm town/scum/unsure (same for Colin) or you don't. It's like both these arguments boils down to "if this person doing this thing is scum, then they are not doing it honestly". No shit, Sherlock.
Colin engaged in TMI. Did Dizzy do it too? :grin:
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:51 pm I think Colin is town now. Lalala
Lalala
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 am I haven't read Jimmeey's cases yet. I will take time to respond to mine.

I think Nut comes across very good in interaction with Epi. Reading her town now. So thanks.
I actually think a lot of players comes across better. Epi and Jimmeeey at least. Though Epi's posts are still frustrating as fuck to read.
Scotty and Quin are both very much on the leaning town side in my mind. When I think about it I guess that is mostly intuition/tone, especially for Scotty.

I could find a reason to vote lapluie, Marmot or Colin. Colin maybe least of all those.
The honeymoon seems to be over on Day 4.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:46 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:57 pm What? Why do people think I’m claiming Keith?
Gurl, you literally threw a brick wall of disbelief to Marmot's claim which was otherwise not disputed. And you wonder why people are prodding you to see if you are actually Keith and have definite knowledge? Gurl.

For the record: If anyone but Marmot is Keith they should definitely claim. If that was even a question.
Dizzy had a ton to say during the counterclaim saga, so I will try to limit my discussion to highlights. When Colin was incredulous about being associated with a counterclaim, Dizzy threw a brick at his face.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 pm [VOTE: Colin] aubergine

To be with the cool kids.
This was a relatively late vote (I believe sixth) on the initial Colin wagon.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:30 pm Colin, I don't think it would take Marmot much thought to understand you are Keith. You didn't hide well. : p

I believe Colin over Marmot. He immediately reacted negatively to the claim.

Also, I can read Marmot souls. I told you all.
[VOTE:
Marmot]
aubergine
Dizzy moved back to Marmot after Colin officially counterclaimed. I can't blame 'em, I did the same thing.

Dizzy begins probing prior tallies for clues about teammates of Marmot. This isn't about Colin really, but I think it looks authentic.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:35 pm I dislike Colin claiming and disappearing btw.

Ugh. Scum the lot of you.
At least he's getting ripped.

From this point, Dizzy was pretty negative in their assessment of both Marmot and Colin and swapped his vote both ways, which is easy to understand since both of them looked terrible. Dizzy elected to stay on Marmot in the end.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:18 pm I think it’s Marmot. Final answer for me. You all do what you feel is right.
I couldn't fault Dizzy in the moment and I still don't. It was an extremely difficult choice.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:48 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 pm Idk if I’m still allowed to post but I really hope you guys can pull through on this one. I’ll be watching
I won’t lose faith. Murp.
At this point the lynch was already finalized, but G-Man hadn't posted the results. I think it looks like Dizzy really does believe Colin will flip as Keith Shover.

~~~

On Day 1, Colin supported my suspicion of Dizzy.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pmI started playing around 10 or 11 years ago as a wee babe but I have played extremely inconsistently in that time. Dunno how many. I played on RYM in the old days with some of these folks. I used to want to be scum all the time but now I have a job and junk so it’s a lot harder to have fun that way.
Alright, thanks. So you have enough experience to know anti-town doesn't always equal scum. You voted Lapluie and said her behavior was not pro-town. Why not just say you think she's scum? This is why it looks like you're searching for town that it would make sense voting and it also reads like a guilty mindset.
I believe I did call lapluie scum? This feels like reaching tbh.
This feels indignant and unplanned, tbh.

Pale green things in Colin's Day 2 rainbow

Colin did an ISO on Dizzy, called a lot of their play "strange" or similar things, but still concluded "GOOD STUFF". That's odd.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:31 pm Are you fucking kidding me
Can you please end my misery and tell me if you’re scum or not? I need to sleep.
It’s Marmot.
WIFOM burger about to served, but I think this looks decent for Dizzy. Colin was lynched at this point, but he still couldn't resist the opportunity to make Dizzy feel a little despair.

~~~~~

Conclusion

If I wanted to, I could pull a case against Dizzy out of this. There's a questionable progression from right to wrong to right to wrong through the course of the game. Still, I am not inclined to go there. It doesn't feel right, and I have an easier time seeing a Dizzy who is being an uncertain civilian and trying to sort a player out. I'll call this a slight net positive for Dizzy.
I wish I was one of those players who's like a dog with a bone. But I'm not. I'm a dog that had a bone once that he burried in the yard and now he forgot where he put it so he just barks. My initial suspicion of Colin was true and based on very overarching "what I know about the game mafia"-things. The language Colin used seemed to slip that he was outside of town. He also felt like an observer, which is more common for scum. These are pretty soft tells and I questioned how valid they were while engaging with Colin. Especially since I didn't know him, and I have a history of suspecting new players because they are unfamiliar with me. The reason I dropped it I think was because of how Colin acted around the choutas lynch. The rather apathetic "oh well" is something that in my experience is rather uncommon for scummates. Good on Colin for that reaction (imo). And I became way more interested in Marmot and also MP after that lynch. Sometimes I just more or less artificially decide that someone is town (or a different read) to try it on for size if that makes any sense. I wouldn't say my gut ever felt great about Colin (except the very last of D4 just because I had decided Marmot was the scum), but I didn't get the same suspicion after I decided that he probably just talked this way (coming across more distant (don't exactly know how to describe it)), which some players do. I also had read a game where he was scum and he was more careful and less active there I found. So all of that informed my thought process. But after the flip, all the little things that I reacted to throughout the game comes back and I'm disappointed that I dropped it because it's so typical me to do exactly that.

I don't think I could ever fake the state I was in at day end between Marmot and Colin. I was seriously riled up, especially since I had had the strongest gut suspicion towards both of these players throughout the game and I really wanted to get it right. I'm also sure that if I was scum with Colin I would go for the bussing when it was between the two of them anyway. If you can recall I did that with FZ. I also actually believed it was Marmot until I saw the flip (thought something about how the vote went down and teammate building made me have the feeling something was not right), but in the moment I thought it was Marmot. I don't know what else to say about that. All of my posts are genuine, and my mind goes many directions at once and sometimes I try things on more to try to get clearer myself. I don't think I'm all that good at translating what's going on in my head to the page. I hope this makes sense.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Quin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:39 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:23 am My immediate thoughts after the flips is that the most likely scum is Quin. He seemed sure Colin was scum and seemed to have no real emotion or agony over this. I did suspect Jimmeey for being teamed with Marmot (cause I thought Marmot was the scum >_>). In some respect Quin's vote on Colin and the insisting of it being Colin even after the timer was out seems almost too obvious. The way both Colin and Marmot acted made me think we had the wrong lynch. Maybe that was conf bias on my end. I think Jimmeey, Nut and Scotty has a lot going for them to be town. Still I find myself doubting especially Jimmeey and Nut on certain points, and I almost feel bad, cause at least one is town and not unlikely both, so is it worth the doubt? I have more thoughts here that will go more into later. I think my suspicion on Jimmey is rather tinfoily.

---

It was pretty damn obvious he was bad once the poll ended. Colin knows what a legacy post is. How many did we get? None. How many times did Colin pretend not to know what a legacy post was? One.
It was not obvious to me. I didn't catch that he pretended not to know what a legacy post was. I thought Marmot's read list was just to look good. I mean, conf bias.

Are you saying I pretended to think it was Marmot here or that it was obvious to you?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:46 am
Quin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:39 am

---

It was not obvious to me. I didn't catch that he pretended not to know what a legacy post was. I thought Marmot's read list was just to look good. I mean, conf bias.

Are you saying I pretended to think it was Marmot here or that it was obvious to you?
It was obvious to me Marmot was good, so. :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:23 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:20 am
Agreed
Did I scare you a little bit in the start of the game? I need the boost.
Let’s save these sort of questions for my memoirs, but if you wanna know who my teammate is, AMA
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

AMA?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Heists”