GAME OVER: BLUE vs. RED

Moderator: Community Team

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 109

Re: Day 3- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Quin »

Fuck. I just realised I'm going to earn Hillary points for this.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by G-Man »

CRUZ CONTROL
(MONDAY, JANUARY 23, 2017)

Jeb Bush was washing the dinner dishes with his wife when his cell phone rang. He almost dismissed the call but changed his mind when he who was trying to reach him. He excused himself from the kitchen and went into the study, locking the door behind him.

"Hello Charles," he said into his phone.

"Jeb," came a familiar voice. "How are things?"

"Well, it's been quite the exciting day. Have you seen the news?"

"Yes," Charles said. "Pity about Ted. He had a great deal of potential."

"I suppose he's political kryptonite now," Jeb mused.

"Oh, absolutely. With revelations as damning as what he's facing, and the evidence that's piling up, I'm sure he'll wind up in prison."

"I was surprised that the Senate held back-to-back votes, though. Censured and expelled in one fell swoop? That's never happened before."

"No, but we both know that plenty of his Republican colleagues wanted him gone. It serves three purposes- they get rid of the thorn in their side, it appeases the new President, and it helps them hang onto that principles banner they like to wave. The last thing Republicans want to do right now is appear supportive of someone involved in a conspiracy."

"About that," Jeb said. "Does any of what Ted is caught up in connect to us?"

"Oh heavens no," Charles assured. "I know a few people who may be watching their backs right now if they're up to the old tricks again, but we're in the clear."

"Thank goodness. It hasn't been easy keeping it from Columba but she doesn't know anything about it. Losing the primary to Donald was hard enough for her to bear."

"Speaking of elections, why don't you come up to Kansas this week. David and I would like to talk to you more seriously about considering 2020. If Hillary's presidency continues on its current trajectory, the odds of taking back the White House should be in our favor."

"When did you have in mind?"

"How about Wednesday? We'll charter the flight and have Anthony pick you up at the airport. Leave Columba at home. This is all just preliminary talks. We're not ready to ask the blessing of your wife yet, though I'm sure she'd say yes."

"I'll clear my schedule."

"Good. We'll see you on Wednesday then."

"Thank you, Charles," Jeb said and hung up the phone.

On the other end of the line, Charles Koch set the phone down, sighed, and turned to the armed men standing next to him.

"You're not going to get away with this," he said.

A voice responded from behind the goons. "Just watch me."

---------------------------------------------

Jackofhearts2005 has been lynched, eliminating him as a threat to the Clinton Administration. He was...
Spoiler: show
SENATOR TED CRUZ
Still bitter about a stinging election defeat, you have sworn to prevent the Hillary Clinton Administration from making any meaningful change for the nation. Member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy and a vanilla baddie.

It is now Night 3.
You have until 3:30 p.m. EST to send in your role PMs.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

What a twist.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 179

Post by thellama73 »

Glad that's over. Now on to more important matters. BIH Jack.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Voting Cory Booker, because I like the REDEEM Act he cosponsored with Rand Paul.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I've only heard of that one guy.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Night 3- BLUE vs. RED

Post by G-Man »

+1 Hillary Points to everyone for voting today.
+1 additional Hillary Point for those who voted out that servile puppy dog, Ted Cruz.
Also, anyone voting for Jackofhearts2005 on Day 1 and Day 2 receives an additional +1 Hillary point per vote.

Hillary Points Standings:
+12 Points: S~V~S
+11 Points: notsawyer540
+10 Points: thellama73
+8 Points: Long Con, Marmot
+6 Points: DrWilgy, Jackofhearts2005, MacDougall
+5.5 Points: Epignosis
+5 Points: DFaraday, Elohcin, FZ., Scotty, TheFloyd73
+1 Point: Quin
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

:sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:Now that Phenon has ended I can say that my accusation of Sawyer for discrediting his own take on an argument is a tried and tested baddie tell. Follow me (tomorrow)
OH! Now that Phenon ended and you'r baddie-lynched in Champs, I can tell you that thing in Juliets' ISO of you that I privately suspected you for.

It was the "pressure vote". I said the exact same thing as a baddie in Phenon, and I recognized it as baddie talk that I had used.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:Now that Phenon has ended I can say that my accusation of Sawyer for discrediting his own take on an argument is a tried and tested baddie tell. Follow me (tomorrow)
OH! Now that Phenon ended and you'r baddie-lynched in Champs, I can tell you that thing in Juliets' ISO of you that I privately suspected you for.

It was the "pressure vote". I said the exact same thing as a baddie in Phenon, and I recognized it as baddie talk that I had used.
Fair enough. When I made that decision I thought things would come back to haunt me, but I ruled out pretty much every other option so I was kind of fucked from the get-go.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Here is a document making the rounds on conservative conspiracy theory websites tonight.
THE WHITE HOUSE
WASHINGTON
January 23, 2017
Presidential Directive/HRCPDD-03

TO: The Secretary of Defense, United States Special Operations Command
ALSO: The Attorney General, The Secretary of Homeland Security, The Director of National Intelligence, The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency

SUBJECT: Clandestine [INFORMATION REDACTED] Operation

This Presidential Decision Directive supersedes all existing [INFORMATION REDACTED]. [INFORMATION REDACTED] is hereby notified that they will be assigned a top secret mission to intercept [INFORMATION REDACTED]. Temporary detention for the night if possible. Kill if absolutely necessary. On the evening of January 23, 2017, the President of the United States will provide [INFORMATION REDACTED] with the location of [INFORMATION REDACTED]. They are to report their findings immediately upon executing this mission.
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:srsnod: Excellent. Let's hope this mission goes as planned.
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by notsawyer540 »

Epignosis wrote:No it doesn't. You don't get a bonus Day phase because you lynch Jack. You merely postpone actually having to do work. Lynching Jack Day 2 would also not preclude lynching S~V~S Day 3.
You're either not getting this or you're refusing to. I'm not saying that a whole new day is created. I'm saying that generally we would have more to go off of on day 3 than we would on day 2, and a smaller pool of civilians as well. Thus lowering the chance for mislynch.
Marmot wrote:Given that you said this, then absolutely yes!
Good catch.
Epignosis wrote:Oh wait, I did have a reason. I was just taking my vote off DrWilgy to give him some room so he wouldn't end up feeling like he had to vote Jack. You were just a bystander. I do not know if you are an innocent one. :mafia:
Pedaling backwards doesn't slow you down.
Marmot wrote:How did you forget Quin was in this game, you had a lengthy back-and-forth with him about whether or not you would murder FZ, and also called him a civilian.
Another good catch.
Epignosis wrote:I feel like there is zero rational thought taking place in this thread right now. Zero.
Like when SVS was lynched over Jack?
thellama73 wrote:I quite like that you're moving you vote a lot. If nothing else, it has increased discussion. Sawyer is bad and just looking for flimsy things to pin on you.
I find it interesting how you consistently throw my name out as a suspect or a baddie but never have any arguments to make as to why you think that way.
Marmot wrote:I do find this post from notsawyer suspicious.
notsawyer540 wrote:Things are really heating up in here.
Despite notsawyer being suspicious of Epignosis, this is the only thing had to say after I posted my case and while I've been accusing you.

I'd expect him to have more input on this whole thing if he was sincere.
I had a friend show up unannounced at the end of my workout. I checked the thread quickly while I was waiting for the shower to warm up and didn't have time to make a long post because I didn't want to be a bad host. He's smoking with my roommate right now, so I'm taking advantage of the time.
Quin wrote:I don't really care that Epi forgot about me. I'm not surprised because I haven't been around in this game as much as I usually am. I'd rather pay attention to this gross post centered around overconfidence and bad logic.
notsawyer540 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Rip Eloh.

Everyone lets refrain from voting from Jack immediately.
Is this what you're talking about? If so, there is a difference between it and this:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Given that data, I think it is reasonable to assume the entire mafia is powerless beyond a kill.

I don't mind lynching Jackie O, but I would only do so as a last resort. Lynching exposed mafia only keeps his teammates out of discussion and pressure.
This.

Scotty basically hog tied and handed us a hostage.
You go from essentially saying, "let's take our time and discuss things" to "I agree with Epi. We should keep him around."

You see the inconsistency? You waited until someone else floated the idea of keeping him around and jumped right on board. Then a civ got lynched. My facts aren't and weren't wrong.
What's so gross? I don't see any "bad logic" in there. Remember that time SVS got lynched instead of Jack when everyone knew Jack was bad? Where was your logic-o-meter then?
Epignosis wrote:
I'm already there. :noble:
Didn't see this coming. :p I hope sanity takes over and I don't become the next SVS. At least one of the two of you is a baddie, and Epi's reaction to what I've said, as well as Marmot's digging has led me to believe that it is Epi. I'll be voting for Epi should I live through the night.

Hopefully this secret mission works out well in our favor. Maybe a civvie win on day 4!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

notsawyer540 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:No it doesn't. You don't get a bonus Day phase because you lynch Jack. You merely postpone actually having to do work. Lynching Jack Day 2 would also not preclude lynching S~V~S Day 3.
You're either not getting this or you're refusing to. I'm not saying that a whole new day is created. I'm saying that generally we would have more to go off of on day 3 than we would on day 2, and a smaller pool of civilians as well. Thus lowering the chance for mislynch.
Marmot wrote:Given that you said this, then absolutely yes!
Good catch.
Epignosis wrote:Oh wait, I did have a reason. I was just taking my vote off DrWilgy to give him some room so he wouldn't end up feeling like he had to vote Jack. You were just a bystander. I do not know if you are an innocent one. :mafia:
Pedaling backwards doesn't slow you down.
Marmot wrote:How did you forget Quin was in this game, you had a lengthy back-and-forth with him about whether or not you would murder FZ, and also called him a civilian.
Another good catch.
Epignosis wrote:I feel like there is zero rational thought taking place in this thread right now. Zero.
Like when SVS was lynched over Jack?
thellama73 wrote:I quite like that you're moving you vote a lot. If nothing else, it has increased discussion. Sawyer is bad and just looking for flimsy things to pin on you.
I find it interesting how you consistently throw my name out as a suspect or a baddie but never have any arguments to make as to why you think that way.
Marmot wrote:I do find this post from notsawyer suspicious.
notsawyer540 wrote:Things are really heating up in here.
Despite notsawyer being suspicious of Epignosis, this is the only thing had to say after I posted my case and while I've been accusing you.

I'd expect him to have more input on this whole thing if he was sincere.
I had a friend show up unannounced at the end of my workout. I checked the thread quickly while I was waiting for the shower to warm up and didn't have time to make a long post because I didn't want to be a bad host. He's smoking with my roommate right now, so I'm taking advantage of the time.
Quin wrote:I don't really care that Epi forgot about me. I'm not surprised because I haven't been around in this game as much as I usually am. I'd rather pay attention to this gross post centered around overconfidence and bad logic.
notsawyer540 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Rip Eloh.

Everyone lets refrain from voting from Jack immediately.
Is this what you're talking about? If so, there is a difference between it and this:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Given that data, I think it is reasonable to assume the entire mafia is powerless beyond a kill.

I don't mind lynching Jackie O, but I would only do so as a last resort. Lynching exposed mafia only keeps his teammates out of discussion and pressure.
This.

Scotty basically hog tied and handed us a hostage.
You go from essentially saying, "let's take our time and discuss things" to "I agree with Epi. We should keep him around."

You see the inconsistency? You waited until someone else floated the idea of keeping him around and jumped right on board. Then a civ got lynched. My facts aren't and weren't wrong.
What's so gross? I don't see any "bad logic" in there. Remember that time SVS got lynched instead of Jack when everyone knew Jack was bad? Where was your logic-o-meter then?
Epignosis wrote:
I'm already there. :noble:
Didn't see this coming. :p I hope sanity takes over and I don't become the next SVS. At least one of the two of you is a baddie, and Epi's reaction to what I've said, as well as Marmot's digging has led me to believe that it is Epi. I'll be voting for Epi should I live through the night.

Hopefully this secret mission works out well in our favor. Maybe a civvie win on day 4!
Voting for JOH :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

"Good catch." "Another good catch."

Please. If you are a civilian, you would be defending the shit out of me, except, well, you don't know that Eloh is my wife and I wouldn't kill her Night 1. Jack didn't know that. People keep acting like I'm the kind of person that would kill her to fuck with everyone. Am I? People also think I have this huge reputation where I would throw my teammates under the bus at every turn, but I have only done that one intentionally, and only twice because of circumstance. If you think you've caught me because I forgot something or because I don't say what you want to hear, guess what?

"You a damn fool." -Boo
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Good catch, Epi.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:Good catch, Epi.
Want to know something weird? Maybe this will help MM with his case against me that bad memory = bad.

I went to cook supper and had the sudden epiphany that thellama73 was bad because he was feigning ignorance. He had posted something that I didn't think thellama73 would really think. I was stirring my cabbage and onions and recalling that he confused Jack and notsawyer earlier. I was hot on his trail.

With my bierocks in the oven, I came up here to find the post I thought he had made and guess what?

No such post exists.

:mafia:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Want to know something weird? Maybe this will help MM with his case against me that bad memory = bad.

I went to cook supper and had the sudden epiphany that thellama73 was bad because he was feigning ignorance. He had posted something that I didn't think thellama73 would really think. I was stirring my cabbage and onions and recalling that he confused Jack and notsawyer earlier. I was hot on his trail.

With my bierocks in the oven, I came up here to find the post I thought he had made and guess what?

No such post exists.

Such post definitely does exist. I remember him mentioning it twice.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Day 1- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:I don't think I'v played with Jack of Hearts before, but I'm finding him annoying. He apologized for not being "entertaining" enough. Entertainment is not the goal of the game, boyo. Finding baddies is. Take the snark down a notch, why don't you, and answer me this:

Who are looking at voting today and why?
thellama73 wrote:Oh, wait a minute. Notsawyer is the one who apologized for not being entertaining. Same question to you, Notsawyer. Who do you suspect and why?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

No such post exists.

No, there was something else I was recalling, but I must've imagined it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:In answer to Epi's question, my vote for Quin is based on a Day 0 ping, odd, uncharacteristic behavior, which I tend to associate with baddies. I am also perturbed by Quin's unwillingness to take my vote seriously. I never really intended to leave my vote there, though. I haven't decided where to move it yet, but Notsawyer, for being wishy-washy, might get it. And JackofHearts, for being annoying and not answering questions seriously, might get it.
Can you be more specific?

I don't think there's a real question I've been asked that I didn't take seriously.

Convince me you aren't just being opportunistic by saying you might vote for one of the players who already has two votes for no real reason.
This post is pretty flippant, but in fairness to you, I think I keep confusing you with Notsawyer, since I don't know either of you. I can't tell you apart. Please try to be more distinctive.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I don't like the cut of this jackofhearts character's jib. Voting there.
Well I don't like that your avatar is what you'd get if Diablo fucked a sharptooth.

But I don't vote for stupid reason. :keys:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

No such post exists.

Try to reconstruct it from your imagination.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

No such post exists.

Try to reconstruct it from your imagination.
Credible sources have no business in politics, after all.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry my posts are so forgettable. :sigh:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:"Good catch." "Another good catch."

Please. If you are a civilian, you would be defending the shit out of me, except, well, you don't know that Eloh is my wife and I wouldn't kill her Night 1. Jack didn't know that. People keep acting like I'm the kind of person that would kill her to fuck with everyone. Am I? People also think I have this huge reputation where I would throw my teammates under the bus at every turn, but I have only done that one intentionally, and only twice because of circumstance. If you think you've caught me because I forgot something or because I don't say what you want to hear, guess what?

"You a damn fool." -Boo
This post is really the first one I've felt conclusively makes you a civ read to me because of the first statement being so difficult to image a mafia player saying. But I do encourage you to stop using a wifom argument to defend yourself. Your best argument for being civ, to me, is your tone and your effort. The fact that you keep defending saying "I wouldn't kill eloh" is hollow because hypothetical scum Epignosis isn't the only one on his team that has that say and I can easily envision a team where someone suggesting killing Eloh, you saying something to the effect of "I'd rather not but it's not just up to me" and then someone familiar to you saying something to the effect of "if we do that you'll be able to use it as a wifom defence" and then arriving exactly where we are in the thread. It is an entirely plausible scenario.

Unless you would have me believe that you would completely deny a potential teammate the opportunity because of a "she's my partner" argument in which case I'd hate to have you as a teammate in a game with Elohcin and I think you are better at this game than to have arbitrary rules as such.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

We know what happens when we let people who oppose killing their partners play mafia, don't we? :scared:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:We know what happens when we let people who oppose killing their partners play mafia, don't we? :scared:
I know you are making a joke but your impression here interests me. I know exactly what you mean but because I am a civ I haven't really felt it as a potential problem in this game, though you seem to have a carry over opinion from the GoC.

You would only be scared if you were Mafia aligned right?

:ponder:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:We know what happens when we let people who oppose killing their partners play mafia, don't we? :scared:
I know you are making a joke but your impression here interests me. I know exactly what you mean but because I am a civ I haven't really felt it as a potential problem in this game, though you seem to have a carry over opinion from the GoC.

You would only be scared if you were Mafia aligned right?

:ponder:
It's not related to GoC. I don't think it's wise to get into it too deeply.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:

"You a damn fool." -Boo
This post is really the first one I've felt conclusively makes you a civ read to me because of the first statement being so difficult to image a mafia player saying. But I do encourage you to stop using a wifom argument to defend yourself. Your best argument for being civ, to me, is your tone and your effort. The fact that you keep defending saying "I wouldn't kill eloh" is hollow because hypothetical scum Epignosis isn't the only one on his team that has that say and I can easily envision a team where someone suggesting killing Eloh, you saying something to the effect of "I'd rather not but it's not just up to me" and then someone familiar to you saying something to the effect of "if we do that you'll be able to use it as a wifom defence" and then arriving exactly where we are in the thread. It is an entirely plausible scenario.

Unless you would have me believe that you would completely deny a potential teammate the opportunity because of a "she's my partner" argument in which case I'd hate to have you as a teammate in a game with Elohcin and I think you are better at this game than to have arbitrary rules as such.
This is how you know Mac and I have never been on a team before. ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm sorry that I had a really good reason to believe llama is bad here. And I lost it. I feel like it still exists. When I was cooking, I was convinced he was bad.

Check your box MM.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

"You a damn fool." -Boo
Do you honestly believe that there wouldn't be at least one person on an entire baddie team who would know that you and Eloh are married?

I don't think we've caught you because you "forgot" things a couple times. I know we've caught you because of the way you've been controlling the narrative the entire time. You got Scotty. Bravo. But then when we were handed a baddie on a silver platter, you and Wilgy convinced everyone not to lynch him against all reason. You let a baddie live so that he can further influence and poison the voting and the discussion. Then you got SVS lynched, who was civ. Now you think I'm bad because I've had the audacity to name you as one of my top suspects--despite the fact that all of your efforts have been centered around lynching two people who weren't mafia and not lynching the guy who was.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I'm sorry that I had a really good reason to believe llama is bad here. And I lost it. I feel like it still exists. When I was cooking, I was convinced he was bad.

Check your box MM.
Yeah ok.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer540 wrote:

"You a damn fool." -Boo
Do you honestly believe that there wouldn't be at least one person on an entire baddie team who would know that you and Eloh are married?

I don't think we've caught you because you "forgot" things a couple times. I know we've caught you because of the way you've been controlling the narrative the entire time. You got Scotty. Bravo. But then when we were handed a baddie on a silver platter, you and Wilgy convinced everyone not to lynch him against all reason. You let a baddie live so that he can further influence and poison the voting and the discussion. Then you got SVS lynched, who was civ. Now you think I'm bad because I've had the audacity to name you as one of my top suspects--despite the fact that all of your efforts have been centered around lynching two people who weren't mafia and not lynching the guy who was.
You didn't catch anything. You're acting like I attempted to grab a bunch of credit for lynching Scotty with the underlined statement. Then you blame me and Wilgy for people agreeing with my suspicion of S~V~S. If lynching Jack was so important to you, you should have done a better job than me in making a case for that and getting people to agree with you. And I didn't get S~V~S lynched. Over a half a dozen people did. Are they all bad?

What's the narrative going to be when you lynch me and see that I'm not bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Anyone willing to make a lie detector statement? I'm Civ, and I support Hillary Clinton.
Long Con, this troubles me. I don't recall you ever coming out with a lie detector statement out of the blue like this. What prompted you to state this?

The roles in Red vs. Blue were fairly complex, and there can only be three of them in play due to the limitations of the Heist format. I (correctly) assumed that there would be an independent, so that eats up one power role. I am also assuming there are three vanilla mafia and two civilian power roles. I feel confident that there are two mafia remaining. If I am correct, it would mean there is one more civilian power role out there. Given the complexities of G-Man's power roles in the previous outing, I do not believe there is a lie detector.

Did you have any reason to believe in a Heist there would be a lie detector role?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

notsawyer540 wrote:

"You a damn fool." -Boo

Jack wouldn't have poisoned discussion if everyone just ignored him. I find Epi's argument that we could identify teammates of Jack understandable, and am not sure why that makes him bad. Clearly enough people agreed with him to not lynch Jack right away, so this feels like you're trying to shift the blame onto Epi.

I'm voting Julian Castro because he used to be our mayor.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Why are dead players and MP voting in this poll?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote:Why are dead players and MP voting in this poll?
The host implied they could.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Anyone willing to make a lie detector statement? I'm Civ, and I support Hillary Clinton.
Long Con, this troubles me. I don't recall you ever coming out with a lie detector statement out of the blue like this. What prompted you to state this?

The roles in Red vs. Blue were fairly complex, and there can only be three of them in play due to the limitations of the Heist format. I (correctly) assumed that there would be an independent, so that eats up one power role. I am also assuming there are three vanilla mafia and two civilian power roles. I feel confident that there are two mafia remaining. If I am correct, it would mean there is one more civilian power role out there. Given the complexities of G-Man's power roles in the previous outing, I do not believe there is a lie detector.

Did you have any reason to believe in a Heist there would be a lie detector role?
I doubt that my role has ever appeared in a Heist before. Trust me when I say the lie detector thing will benefit the Civs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[size=200]Long Con[/size] wrote:Trust me
:scared:
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:
It doesn't say anything about non-players though, which is what MP is unless I'm missing something.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

DFaraday wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
It doesn't say anything about non-players though, which is what MP is unless I'm missing something.
+1 Hillary Point for being the first person to question who is eligible to vote in the night poll.

To clarify, anyone may vote in the night poll (dead, alive, non-players), as the night polls have no impact whatsoever on the game itself and merely exist for a chuckle, something to do during night phases, and an easy way to earn Hillary Points.
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
[size=200]Long Con[/size] wrote:Trust me
:scared:
:feb:

Also, I voted Elizabeth Warren, because Hillary Points.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Epignosis wrote:You didn't catch anything. You're acting like I attempted to grab a bunch of credit for lynching Scotty with the underlined statement. Then you blame me and Wilgy for people agreeing with my suspicion of S~V~S. If lynching Jack was so important to you, you should have done a better job than me in making a case for that and getting people to agree with you. And I didn't get S~V~S lynched. Over a half a dozen people did. Are they all bad?

What's the narrative going to be when you lynch me and see that I'm not bad?
I did a better job than you in that argument. You just have more influence over other players than I do, and I don't believe you're going to flip civ if we lynch you.
DFaraday wrote:Jack wouldn't have poisoned discussion if everyone just ignored him. I find Epi's argument that we could identify teammates of Jack understandable, and am not sure why that makes him bad. Clearly enough people agreed with him to not lynch Jack right away, so this feels like you're trying to shift the blame onto Epi.

I'm voting Julian Castro because he used to be our mayor.
I don't believe that that alone makes Epi bad. I think Epi's inconsistencies, as well as the argument that it can't possibly be Epi because Eloh and Epi's reaction to my suspicion of him are what further solidify my suspicion of him.
Long Con wrote:Also, I voted Elizabeth Warren, because Hillary Points.
Me too! I love Hillary points!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If you are a civilian and you lynch me, you will be disappointed. It's a pity that you already have a conclusion formed about me and now you are bent on making everything that happens fit your conclusion.

That's a horrible way to approach this, and pretty ironic coming from a guy talking about "civ moves."
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

I don't need to make anything fit, and I don't believe you.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer540 wrote:I don't need to make anything fit, and I don't believe you.
I don't care that you don't believe me. If you are a civilian, your task is to figure out if you should believe me and try to frame my posts in the context of being from a civilian. You've given no time to that and made up your mind despite the real evidence working against your suspicion.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Epignosis wrote:
I don't care that you don't believe me. If you are a civilian, your task is to figure out if you should believe me and try to frame my posts in the context of being from a civilian. You've given no time to that and made up your mind despite the real evidence working against your suspicion.
What evidence?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Reminds me of that one time you concluded llama was mafia, then went back to look for a post to prove it, only to discover that post didn't exist. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer540 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
What evidence?
That I would not kill Eloh Night 1 (and probably not at all). That is evidence. I've been bad a lot on this forum, and Eloh has played with me many many many times. You can see how many games I've been bad in that Eloh played, and you can see if I've killed her in any of them.

You can deny it, as you've continued to do, or you can look at the history and realize that I'm telling the truth. And if there's about three years worth of evidence pointing to my innocence, do you think I would burn that credibility to win a little Heist?

But let's say that's not good enough. Let's pretend none of that history exists.

What motive would I have to kill someone who was putting a lot of stock into what I say and following my vote? Does that sound like a good strategy to you?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

THE WHITE HOUSE

EXECUTIVE ORDER
----
ENSURING VOTE EQUITY FOR ALL CITIZENS
By virtue of the authority vested in me by the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and as President of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Declaration of Special Provision Territory. The Secretary of State and the Chairman of the Federal Elections Committee shall re-classify The Syndicate as an at-risk voting district subject to new coverage formulas.

Section 2. Establishment of New Coverage Formulas. Due to certain members of The Syndicate dominating communication and potentially diluting the free exchange of ideas, equity must be ensured so that those with limited access to communications tools to exercise their right to free speech have a more equitable share of speech. Establishing coverage formulas to votes cast in The Syndiacte will ensure that the loudest voices are not also the most powerful voices.

Section 3. Implementation and Coverage Formula Composition. Beginning on Tuesday, January 24, 2017, all speech conducted within The Syndicate from the time the current administration took office will be certified and tallied. All current members of The Syndicate will have their vote values reassessed in a manner that provides for the same total number of votes to be cast but the votes of individuals will be weighted in the inverse order of their current speech volumes.

Section 4. Evaluation and Assessment of Coverage Formula Effectiveness. This duration of the processes laid out in this order shall initially extend only through the voting period on Tuesday, January 24, 2017. At that point, the President shall review the effectiveness of the new coverage formula with the Chairman of the Federal Elections Committee. If deemed successful, the President may choose to extend the duration of the application of the new coverage formulas on a daily basis until she deems them no longer necessary.

HILLARY R. CLINTON
THE WHITE HOUSE,
January 23, 2017
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Heists”