56%

Total votes: 9
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Frisky Dingo [DAY 1]

Post by Scotty »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Is there any reason to assume that the Xtacles couldn't be underpowered/unusable/however people are putting it? This is my first game here, but maybe their purpose is more equivalent to a bunch of vanilla roles which happen to (uncontrollably) shoot powers every which way, being more of a game mechanic than something that's supposed to be controlled? That the power would be diminished quickly within a couple days (I'm assuming the odds of killing Stan early are low) seems to further support that.
That's the point I was making around Day 0, to an extent. They can have the power to do stuff, but will be disorganized past a certain point.

Yes, Xander can tell call them by name, and in the first day at least the Xitophobes can team up and have relevancy... but after a few NK's it's going to be very hard to predict which Xtacles are still alive by name. We wouldn't want a missed vote and oops, protected the wrong person or whatever. Plus if Xander is dead, that's infinitely worse for the xytophiles.

LC suggested a master scheme that may or may not pan out for Xander but also doesn't make him seem any more kind-hearted than my landlord. It's almost feigning helpfulness, where he's assuming that Xander is an underdeveloped toddler without any strategic planning.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 338

Post by Epignosis »

I just want to let everyone know that I am having a delicious mint julep right now, with mint from my own garden, and I'm making bourbon chicken over jasmine rice for supper.

mmm mmm :biggrin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:I just want to let everyone know that I am having a delicious mint julep right now, with mint from my own garden, and I'm making bourbon chicken over jasmine rice for supper.

that sounds amazing. I just picked up some Orange chicken from my local Chinese hole--in-the-wall and was serenaded by the local homeless guy on my corner. He was singing the always-classic Wiggle by Jason DaRulo.
I love this city sometimes.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I just want to let everyone know that I am having a delicious mint julep right now, with mint from my own garden, and I'm making bourbon chicken over jasmine rice for supper.

that sounds amazing. I just picked up some Orange chicken from my local Chinese hole--in-the-wall and was serenaded by the local homeless guy on my corner. He was singing the always-classic Wiggle by Jason DaRulo.
You should have asked him if he wanted to see your frisky dingo.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:

oh yeah! And then he would have "stabbed" me with his "knife"!

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Spacedaisy »

Wow, a lot has happened. Most of it seems like silliness to me but there are a few interesting things in my opinion.

Ok, so Epi Just seemed to be throwing shit around in what read like a silly manner to me because he was trying to shake things and people up. I could be wrong but that's how it came across to me. I didn't respond at the time he mentioned me because I didn't see any need to. It all just felt like, "Let's get this party going!" Kind of maneuver. The thing that interested me about it was how MP responded. He seemed intent on keeping it light and jokey. Made a point to keep reiterating the how many drinks comments and when Epi asked him a direct question instead of just answering it he got a defensive tone and refused to answer any questions until he had something of substance. Why not just answer the question, it would seem to me an easy one to answer.

That said, SVS, you made a case that they were teammates. This I don't feel as confident about for the exact reason MP brought up. It is not either of their styles to play it like that. I just came out of a baddie team with Epi in Guess Who and he planned to bus and did it. I don't think MP could tell Epi howto playand I don't think MP would ask Epi to back off. There is a chance they are baddie teammates I suppose, but I don't think the particular case you presented is all that damning. So I don't see a reason to believe that is the case.

Also, I don't think there is much to "beer gate." It has felt from the start to me like MP's effort to discredit what Epi was saying. And Eloh's answer to it seems to line up with it.

I don't find LC's plotting all that strange or suspicious. He is always the strategist, it is very much how he plays and I'm grateful for it, especially when I'm too busy to do much strategizing, lol. Having said that I haven't read the roles closely enough yet to see if his plans make sense. MM can you explain why you find his plans to be vote worthy?

Mac, you are cracking me up!

I feel like I am missing something else but I'm pretty tired so...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:

oh yeah! And then he would have "stabbed" me with his "knife"!
Why are those quotes there? Is it a sarcastic stabbing with a sarcastic knife?
Mac's Mom
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Mac's Mom »

Elohcin wrote:Mac's Mom, you are quite the hilarious one. Can I ask where you are from?
Sure.

I'm from a time where things made more sense, where the grass and air didn't smell like putrid children basking in video game delusions, where meat was meat, where the plays of Eugene O'Neil enthralled us all, where a man could get things done without being harassed, where you could plant your own food, drink your own whiskey, crack wise with the neighbor, rough a mother******* up at the local bar and not be charged, and where life was much simpler than how many "likes" you get on whatever doodad you carry in your pockets.
Nuh uh
Mac's Mom
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Mac's Mom »

Thems good eatin' (or drinkin' as is the case)
Nuh uh
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Elohcin »

Mac's Mom wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Mac's Mom, you are quite the hilarious one. Can I ask where you are from?
Sure.

I'm from a time where things made more sense, where the grass and air didn't smell like putrid children basking in video game delusions, where meat was meat, where the plays of Eugene O'Neil enthralled us all, where a man could get things done without being harassed, where you could plant your own food, drink your own whiskey, crack wise with the neighbor, rough a mother******* up at the local bar and not be charged, and where life was much simpler than how many "likes" you get on whatever doodad you carry in your pockets.
I asked WHERE, not WHEN. :P And if you can believe this, I don't carry any kind of doodad in my pocket. My husband and I have one cell phone between the two of us (yes, we share it) and it doesn't even have internet access. If you touch the screen, nothing happens at all. Also, you have to flip it open just to see the buttons. Crazy, eh?

Oh my goodness, the gameshow Boom is on the tv and the category is 'Sex'. My eight year old says, "Oh my goodness, no one is going to get this one. What in the world is SEX?!" Just when you think it was okay to watch a game show with your kids on a Thursday evening at 8pm.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: What in the world is SEX?!" [/ot]
Wish I knew. :disappoint:
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by timmer »

I have to go but have no idea who to vote for. Someone gimme sumthin.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cookie doesn't like being bad. It makes her uncomfortable.

Cookie feels she is a more accomplished and confident civilian.

Which jar do you think this Cookie falls into?
Cookie wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, game-related question for everyone:

What do folks make of DH's vote for Epi? Does it say anything about alignment for you, however small?

I have to get back to being frisky with my PhD work, so I'll be back at some point, IDK when.
Like SVS said, it could be a reaction. From a different angle, could also be very early bussing of a teammate? Could be just random, since that's what pretty much everyone will end up doing on Day 1. Too many possibilities to speculate.

Time will tell!
Naming all the possibilities that come to mind...doesn't answer the question.

I say this Cookie is foul, like a burnt peanut butter one that won't come off the pan.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote:
Mac's Mom wrote:
Sure.

I asked WHERE, not WHEN. :P And if you can believe this, I don't carry any kind of doodad in my pocket. My husband and I have one cell phone between the two of us (yes, we share it) and it doesn't even have internet access. If you touch the screen, nothing happens at all. Also, you have to flip it open just to see the buttons. Crazy, eh?

Oh my goodness, the gameshow Boom is on the tv and the category is 'Sex'. My eight year old says, "Oh my goodness, no one is going to get this one. What in the world is SEX?!" Just when you think it was okay to watch a game show with your kids on a Thursday evening at 8pm.
I often wonder how the Newlywed Game gets away with everything that it does, when doing re-runs at 10am on the weekends.

Elo, I think Boom might be the best outlet to transition into the Birds and the Bees talk. :nicenod:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

timmer wrote:I have to go but have no idea who to vote for. Someone gimme sumthin.
If you really want a safe vote, go for sig. Since he is MIA. :shrug:

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by timmer »

What if sig is xander?

Cookie sounds good enough to me.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 208

Post by DharmaHelper »

What fresh hell is this
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

timmer wrote:What if sig is xander?

What if Cookie is xander?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.
Yeah you would like nuts wouldn't you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.
Are you drunk, DH? :confused:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
If I said no, nobody would believe me and we'd spend 3 pages on a conspiracy regarding my sobriety.

If I said yes, nobody would believe me and we'd spend 2 and a half posts giving a shit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Scotty wrote:
I often wonder how the Newlywed Game gets away with everything that it does, when doing re-runs at 10am on the weekends.

Elo, I think Boom might be the best outlet to transition into the Birds and the Bees talk. :nicenod:
[/quote]
I've taught my kids the technical aspects of it, sperm and egg and all, but I have never involved genitalia in the conversation or the word "sex". They are 8, 5, and 3.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
If I said no, nobody would believe me and we'd spend 3 pages on a conspiracy regarding my sobriety.

If I said yes, nobody would believe me and we'd spend 2 and a half posts giving a shit.
Anything would be better than you making unappealing propositions. :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I've taught my kids the technical aspects of it, sperm and egg and all, but I have never involved genitalia in the conversation or the word "sex". They are 8, 5, and 3.[/quote]

It's never too early to explain to your three-year-old that pulling his scrotum isn't a particularly healthy endeavor, even if the activity is "skretchy and fun."
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Bubbles »

Scotty wrote:sorry that should read "I don't like that sig HASN'T posted.
And I know Tiny doesn't like be acronymized as TB. Sorry, my dear! :shrug2:
haha thankyou for remembering that, really would prefer ANYTHING but TB , tiny, bubbles, tbubbles, tinfoil hat, whatever.

also about voting low posters.. eh I have no such policy, not because i'm a low poster myself but because it's just not much of a strategy and some people do have geniune RL commitments that make them unable to post frequently, i'd rather give low posters the benefit of the doubt.

not sure what to make of the cookie voters, i haven't played with her before, but she doesn't seem here or there at this point.

in lieu of a better choice, voting movingpictures07 since he's getting married and if i were him i'd probably want to bow out early too :p
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Anything would be better than you making unappealing propositions. :shrug:
You don't peel nuts doofus.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 85

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:What if sig is xander?

Sig hasn't posted anywhere on the forum for about a month. It took a while to fill the game up, I am not sure there are a lot of replacements available and I doubt sig will show up, so even if sig was Xander,i am thinking we would be living a Xander free lifestyle regardless. I would rather give Llama a day or two to see if he can get someone else in here for him, though.

I am not particularly feeling the cases on any of the people with votes, and even though I still think the Epi/MP convo was weird, I don't feel strongly enough about it to vote for either of them. While I don't want to spread it any further, I have to vote for someone.

This whole thread is beginning to feel like an inside joke, so i am going to vote for MM for ignoring Roxys question, and voting for someone for doing something they do in every damned game.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Saberfish
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Saberfish »

So what happens in the event there's a tie in the vote for the lynching?
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Saberfish wrote:So what happens in the event there's a tie in the vote for the lynching?
Depends the host....
Pov: you reading my takes
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The rest of you could vote Cookie and make sure that doesn't happen.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
It's never too early to explain to your three-year-old that pulling his scrotum isn't a particularly healthy endeavor, even if the activity is "skretchy and fun."
And who loves boobs WAY too much for his own good.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 80

Post by thellama73 »

Saberfish wrote:So what happens in the event there's a tie in the vote for the lynching?
I usually randomize between the tied vote-getters. Usually.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I've heard that about Epi :omg:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

:haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

nijuukyugou wrote:I'm going to be busy as crap for the next 36 hours or so seeing the family, going to my brother's show, and setting up the cocktail party of my dreams :biggrin: (I might have nearly an hour tomorrow afternoon or realllllly late tonight to spare for checking/keeping up. Big might.) So, with that being said:

I have no doubt Epi drank 14 beers without being drunk. Silly, but not drunk. Nice thought process though. I like the hunting. Keep it up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I hate Days 1. To me, it's the same discussion of the same things (to vote or not to vote low posters, to vote or not to vote newbies, to randomize or not to randomize), although this one has been very amusing and has added discussion of those godforsaken rainbow lists for something newer. Point is, it never really helps me decide on who to vote for. (Did that sound bitter? I'm not trying to come off that way - it's just a bit of Blooper stream of consciousness.)

I don't want to vote for a stand-out, silly person today because a number of baddies like to keep to the shadows in the first parts of the game - say enough to contribute, but not enough to stand out. I think timmer fits the bill here. He's contributed, but nothing controversial, a bit playful at times to keep the mood light, and this post caught my eye:
timmer wrote:Hey all, so reading back, I've got decent vibes from SVS (the point about Epig maybe not being drunk is interesting), I'm not sure I understand voting for Long Con, so MM gets a bit of a :ponder: from me, as it was pointed out that the reasoning was weak. Scotty seems to be not enjoying the attention he is getting... do people who know his play style well have an opinion on whether this indicates a certain alignment?
He's latching on to some easy pickings here - MM's weird vote (when is MM's vote not weird/"weak" Day 1? I'm surprised he didn't vote himself!), the whole drunk or not drunk matter (again, good thought process, but too easy to latch to), and pointing out Scotty's reaction to attention like he hasn't played with Scotty before (he has). I gots things to do, veggies to chop, and places to drive, so I'll put my vote there now. Let the accusations fly :slick:
I want to hop on this, but i feel like a baddy might not want to call attention to themself so quickly by talking so---ehhhh.....
actually i might see it. A baddie move to appear to contribute without anything backing it (ie a vote) just yet. To compare this "Accusation" to roxy's of MM, i'd say that one feels more civvie where Timmer's feels more not. timmers just feels a little tougher, a toughness that i'd say is unwarranted on a day one.

Voting Bloops
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nobody wants to vote for me? :keys:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
He comes by that honest.

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 80

Post by thellama73 »

Made wrote: Voting Bloops
Pay more attention next time. :feb:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saberfish

Post by Saberfish »

thellama73 wrote:
I usually randomize between the tied vote-getters. Usually.
I see. I'm casting my vote for Mac's Mom. I don't like the cut of his jib.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nice vote Made.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Now I hope timmer gets lynched.
Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Cookie »

Epignosis wrote:Cookie doesn't like being bad. It makes her uncomfortable.

Cookie feels she is a more accomplished and confident civilian.

Which jar do you think this Cookie falls into?
Cookie wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, game-related question for everyone:

What do folks make of DH's vote for Epi? Does it say anything about alignment for you, however small?

I have to get back to being frisky with my PhD work, so I'll be back at some point, IDK when.
Like SVS said, it could be a reaction. From a different angle, could also be very early bussing of a teammate? Could be just random, since that's what pretty much everyone will end up doing on Day 1. Too many possibilities to speculate.

Time will tell!
Naming all the possibilities that come to mind...doesn't answer the question.

I say this Cookie is foul, like a burnt peanut butter one that won't come off the pan.
I'm actually one of those soft&chewy cookies fresh out of the oven with melted chocolate chips. So freaking good.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:This whole thread is beginning to feel like an inside joke,

Say what? :ponder:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:
Made wrote: Voting Bloops
Pay more attention next time. :feb:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

9 left to vote.

My bet is still intact.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This is why I voted so early :eye: :eye:

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 89

Post by G-Man »

DharmaHelper wrote:Nobody wants to vote for me? :keys:
My sources say no
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Cookie »

Scotty wrote:9 left to vote.

My bet is still intact.
I'm going to vote. I'm waiting in case I need to save myself.
Saberfish

Post by Saberfish »

DharmaHelper wrote:This is why I voted so early :eye: :eye:
Make sure to vote often too! :mafia:

Return to “Previous Jobs”