33%
Boo T. Baggins [Host/Mod/Dead/NP]
56%

Total votes: 9
Mac's Mom
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Frisky Dingo [NIGHT 1]

Post by Mac's Mom »

timmer wrote:All this chatter about Killface and no one mentions Saberfish's vote? My gut is telling me that that's the most logical KF vote, right thur. Absolutely nobody was going to vote Mac's Mom, everyone said they were loving her posts, it's one of the few spots Saber could have voted with a near-guarantee that no one would follow suit.

And his reasoning? "Doesn't like the cut of her jib".
Indeed. Saberfish has made himself a powerful enemy. Between my Rascal cart and Social Security check (not to mention my incontinence) I have little to do with myself but hold grunges on this new-fangled interwebs.

I ain't never been nobody's fool, and I ain't startin' now. If me and Saberfish were going one-on-one in shuffle board, I'd mop the floor with him so hard, he'd have to get a hip replacement. And I wouldn't even have to leave the comfort of my Rascal to score a 3 on a double bounce!
Nuh uh
Mac's Mom
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Mac's Mom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So,

Mac's Mom, HamburgerBoy, Saberfish, this is your first game on The Syndicate. What thoughts do you have? Any suspects?
Like learning to use the telephone, I just follow along with what others are sayin'. At my age it's far too difficult to make sound decisions when my marathons of Matlock are playing the background.

I never did quite learn how to use that old hunk of ringing junk the folks call a phone. In my day, ma yelled when it was dinner time and for nothin' else. You were on your own until the biscuits hit the table. And if you got there too late after playin' in the gully with the old rascal Henson boys, pa would give you a whoopin' like you wouldn't believe. That taught you to not put ma's cooking to waste.

Later, you cooled your sore behind in the gully while the snapping turtles tried to get a hunk of it for themselves.

Those slow bastards once got my buddy Clark so good, he ain't sit straight for 2 whole months! No foolin!
Nuh uh
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Roxy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Epi won't be getting my vote for some time. He's making nonsense points and ignoring actual suspects. Clearly civvie Epi.
Is this all you care to post after catching up? :ponder:
No. I'm working on a rather large post. If you must know.
I must! :noble:

Always look forward to your thoughts DH!
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 338

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not working on any posts because I'm the village idiot. :meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I'm not working on any posts because I'm the village idiot. :meany:
Beats being dead. :zombie:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 208

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I'm not working on any posts because I'm the village idiot. :meany:
DharmaHelper and TurnipHead are both reading PMs.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lets take a look at who got the most votes last lynch and which of those votes could have been seen as teammates saving each other.

1. Epignosis

DharmaHelper (2), G-Man (16) 10%

2. Timmer

nijuukyugou (8), Made (14) 10%

3. Metalmarsh89

S~V~S (13), HamburgerBoy (17), Roxy (18) 14%

4. Sig

Elohcin (9), Mac's Mom (10), Cookie (20) 14%

5. Long Con

Metalmarsh89 (4), Scotty (7), MovingPictures07 (21) 14%

6. Cookie

Epignosis (3), timmer (11) 10%

7. MP

TinyBubbles (12), Spacedaisy (19) 10%

Above are the top vote getters (at least two votes). In order to determine which votes could have possibly been saves, I will be considering the following criteria:

1. The timing of the vote

2. The vote's consistency with the players suspicions

3. Which players had similar vote totals at the time the vote was cast.

[EDITORS NOTE: RIght now, my main goal is to get this information posted. Once I have it all down and in one place, I will look it over and dial in on who exactly was being saved/doing the saving. I meant to do it all in one post but this shit is getting tiring.]
------

Lets Start with the Epignosis Voters

1. DharmaHelper (1st Vote, reasoning here) Definitely a civ. Moving on.

2. G-Man (14th vote, no discernible reason. At the time: Epi, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer x2, Sig x2, MP, MM, Mac's Mom)

Conclusions (And Read): G-Man's vote kept Epi in contention at a time when 4 other players had at least two votes. Unfortunate for a number of reasons, not least of which is that because there were so many votes for so many different people, it's difficult to say if G-Man's vote was in particular helping out a teammate. G-Man also gives no reason that I could find for his vote. As a side note, should G-Man continue the 8-Ball gimmick, I will vote to lynch him. It is not so much a gimmick as a restriction, and posting restrictions are what mafia do to civvies to cut down on discussion. Doing it to himself just makes everything more difficult for everyone. Sorry dude, better luck with your next gimmick.
---

Timmer Voters

1. Blooper (6th Vote, Reason given here) At the time: Epi, Cookie, Long Con x2, Scotty)

Conclusions (And Read): Light, blendy Day 1 content. Which is interesting given her comments in her vote post. For the sake of this hunt however, not likely to have been using her vote to save or help a teammate, since the only player in a lead at the time of her vote was Long Con, and her vote followed Long Con's Scotty vote, so a smarter play would have been jumping off Long Con's Scotty suspicion and Scotty's reaction in order to put Scotty in the running. Not saying this clears her from being mafia, it just clears her for the sake of looking for players who were trying to save their teammates.

2. Made (12th vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer, Sig x2, MP, MM)

Conclusions (And Read): Noteable for several reasons. Firstly, his back and forth with the other Timmer voter (Bloops). Playful banter or distancing? And unlike everyone else on this list so far, he is the second person to cast a vote for someone and give a reason for doing so. Unfortunately, he did both of those things in the same post. Made had been around and participating, so this pings me as something quite fishy, given his turnaround on bloop and his vote for Timmer. The pool of possible teammates is also quite attractive.

-----
MM Voters

1. SVS (11th vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer, Sig x2, MP)

Conclusions (And Read): Sketchy vote all around. First point, SVS spends all Day 0/1 talking about how the Epi/MP back and forth doesn't sit well with her, but she "doesn't want to commit" to it. I don't know if I've ever seen SVS afraid of committing to a suspicion before. Second point, SVS says she "doesn't want to spread the vote out any further", and then spreads the vote out even further. This is notable for two reasons: 1) Both of her suspects (Epi and MP) had at least 1 vote at the time she cast her vote. 2) Her reasoning for voting MM, which you can see in the link, involved MM voting for LC for "voting for someone for doing something they do in every damned game“, which is exactly how MM has been behaving. Bottom line, I don't think SVS's vote was designed to save or help save anyone who currently had votes (because both of the suspects she mentioned earlier at least had 1 vote, so it would have been easy to justify voting for Epi or MP). But her vote is suspect irregardless, and by extention herself.

2. Hamburgerboy (15th vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi x2, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer x2, Sig x2, MP, MM, Mac's Mom)

Conclusions (And Read): Nothing really to go on here. No prior suspects I could find, and his reason for voting for MM was "to widen the tie". Lazy civ play most likely, I doubt mafia would give up such a weak reasoning.

3. Roxy (16th vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi x2, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer x2, Sig x2, MP, MM x2, Mac's Mom)

Conclusions (And Read): I'm not seeing anything in Roxy's tone or style that is unusual for her. Her vote for MM reflects my experiences with her as a player and do not say anything to her alignment. I don't think she was trying to save anyone with her MM vote.
--

Sig Voters

1. Eloh (7th vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi, Cookie, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer)

Conclusion (And Read): Too early for me to put a read on Eloh, I tend to figure her out (civ or baddie) later in games. I will say that given her posts (in particular her interaction with Timmer RE: Epi being fake drunk like a big fat phony faker) lead me to believe that her vote was genuine and not meant to save LC, since if she was trying to save him, putting a vote on Timmer would have made sense.

2. Macs Mom (8th Vote, no reason I could find. At the time: Epi, Cookie, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer, Sig)
Conclusion (And Read): Seems to be more of a character than a player. I am not confident that Mac's Mom would have the wherewithal to attempt a save.

3. Cookie (18th vote, Reason given here At the Time: Epi x2, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer x2, Sig x2, MP x2, MM x3, Mac's Mom,)

Conclusion (And Read): This is a very different cookie than in Watchmen mafia, which I will have to keep an eye on. in regards to her vote, her reasoning checks out, but just barely. Self-preservation would have been easier voting for MM. Maybe she chose to dump a vote on sig because it would be easy to avoid explaining it to him, since he's not here. Voting for people who can't defend themselves is sketch. For the purpose of this exercise, Cookie's vote was obviously to save herself.

---

Long Con Voters

1. Scotty (5th Vote, Reason given here At the Time: Epi, Cookie, Long Con, Scotty,)

Conclusion (And Read): Not a save vote, definitely a NO U. Scotty seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is doing some nice role analysis.

2. MM - Civ, moving on.

3. MP (19th vote, Reason given hereAt the Time: Epi x2, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer x2,Sig x3,MP x2, MM x3, Mac's Mom,)

Conclusion (And Read): MP is not trying very hard, which I can understand. His desire to keep the lynch a tie rather than save himself is indicative of how invested he is. Not a save attempt vote, but definitely got an eye on MP.
---
Cookie Voters

1. Epignosis (2nd Vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi)

Conclusions (And Read): Definitely not a save attempt. Significantly weak reasoning.

2. Timmer (9th Vote, Reason given here At the Time: Epi, Cookie, Long Con x2 Scotty, Timmer, Sig x2,

Conclusion (And Read): Timmer is hiding. I don't like how he pushed responsibility for his vote out into the thread. He'd expressed interest in Scotty, and Scotty had a vote when he was about to vote, so that he'd dump onto Cookie, whom he'd never brought up before (I believe, I've been typing this all out for a while, I could be wrong) doesn't sit well with me.

---
MP Voters

1.Tiny Bubbles (10th Vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer, Sig x2,

Conclusion (And Read): Blendy, low posting, not a lot to go on definitively. There were more effective places to put her vote for a save, and more effective places to put her vote to fully blend in.

2. SpaceDaisy (17th vote, reason given here At the time: Epi x2, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer x2, Sig x2, MP, MM x3, Mac's Mom)

Conclusion (And Read): Not a lot to go on, once again. It's possible she just has MP on the brain.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That took for goddamn ever :huh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Roxy wrote:
Scotty wrote:Or Hamburger Boy. Roxy followed him immediately on sig, and sig, imo was the easy vote. sig could have definitely snowballed more. I'd feel like I'd lean more in his direction than even Roxy.
Before you start making ass-u-mptions you should check your facts so you do not spew misinformation :)
What facts are wrong? The latter is my opinion, and you did vote immediately after Hamburger Boy. So what am I assuming?
Roxy wrote:
Scotty wrote:Show me someone else on Day 1 that had more reason to feel suspicious of someone.
I thought my rasoning was better than yours for sure and just as good as LC's.
I'm sorry, this was a quote that LC said and got formatted wrong. I didn't say this. But yes, you justified your reasoning.
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:Show me someone else on Day 1 that had more reason to feel suspicious of someone. :srsnod:
OK, the fact that you're explaining yourself now helps, even though you don't like my use of adverbs. I'm not giving you other people to feel suspicious about. That's your prerogative. My NOU vote was centered around the fact that you didn't lead up to it, and it seemed to come out of nowhere.
You could have voted sig or Porcupine, if you want suggestions. If you want, I could suggest some other names if you want me to vote for you.
I think you misunderstood the part of my post that I isolated. I wasn't asking you to give me other suspicions, I was asking you to find a player on Day One that voted with more justification of actual suspicion than I had for you. I voted for you because of several little pings along the way, which I spoke about when they happened.

I can't help that the vote "seemed to come out of nowhere" to you, because I did speak of each suspicion along the way (all quoted in my previous post)... that's what I used as a lead-up... things I had already said. Perhaps if I had summarized those things in my vote post you would have felt more square about it, but I was a little rushy at the time, so I just went ahead with short and sweet.

I say all of this because I don't like my suspicions being called weak, and consequently having you accuse me of being Killface for it.

Plus, I think I voted kind of earlier. If you want Killface in an outlier vote, I'd imagine he was a later voter.
I think there was definitely a lack of build-up of your suspicion of me that may or may not have been jokey, and then to call me a "serious" suspicion without linking any evidence was what I was reacting toward. As for other people that had justified suspicions, who actually said why they voted the way they did: Epi, timmer, and actually even SVS and Roxy said why they were suspicious. There isn't a lot to go on in Day 1, so justification is paper thin. But do you get my point?

And let me be clear- I am not accusing you of being Killface. But I am eyeing you in that direction, due to my late-night psychological profiling of what I thought KF would do. I think he would vote early on Day 1, and would have his teammates back him up by voting elsewhere.

I want to talk about Hamburger Boy for a second. Anyone mind? oh well I'm going anyway.

He was someone with absolute no justification for voting MM. But he does get interested in ties:
HamburgerBoy wrote:If the day ends on a tie, what happens? Are all the leading candidates announced?
HamburgerBoy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm here! Just caught up. Wow, what a crazy Day 1 vote.

HamburgerBoy and Saberfish (and anyone else new), the way a host deals with ties does depend, but most of the time, the result is randomized among the tied vote-receivers. Sometimes there is a role mechanic that decides ties. Sometimes there is no lynch.
Is it announced though who is tied? The reason I ask is that it seems unusual for there to be a wide spread in a game where one of the baddies has a double-vote, because if it remained a 2-way split it seemed to have high potential for revealing that person (at least from a very small group of possibilities).
Leading up to his vote for MM, he asks several questions about ties and (I think) is the first to bring up the double vote mechanism as a point.
He also sounds nervous, like he wants to make sure if he were bad that weren't revealed.
HamburgerBoy wrote: If there was a double-voter on a two-voted candidate it would be announced that they tied with the three-voter then? If so, had it remained 1s and 2s everywhere it would have given a minimum 50% chance of catching Killface.
He seems to be REALLY curious about KF being exposed, though he seems to not have a handle on how llama handles tie votes. This line of thinking can explain why he wanted to tie a vote, as opposed to putting his vote on someone without a vote.

And then the last post he makes after the vote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Burgerboy didn't actually say why he voted. So...

Hamburger :suspish:
SVS :nicenod:
Roxy :biggrin:

But...

I was brought up to believe all is for the best
It was to widen the tie.
He wants to WIDEN the tie? For someone so curious about the +1 vote dynamic, his delivery is odd, imo.

When he puts a vote on MM, there were- at the time- 5 other players with tie votes, and 7 votes left to cast. So by putting his vote on another 1-vote person (and might I add, with NO justification) he assures that he can hide out in the cacophony of ties, knowing MM is ultimately going home, and him looking none the wiser.
Then Roxy adds 3, which, if Hamburger were KF, would raise it to essentially (4), and put him in the clear of looking bad. This wouldn't incriminate Roxy, but it would raise my eyebrows if Hamburger is in fact KF.

Hamburger Boy, why did you specifically vote for MM as opposed to anyone else? :eye:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Significantly weak reasoning.
How is my weak reasoning significant?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 89

Post by G-Man »

DharmaHelper wrote:G-Man also gives no reason that I could find for his vote.
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Four hours until the end of Day 1.

Side game.

How many people will miss the vote?

I say 7.
Cannot predict now
I find myself asking a question. :ponder:

Don't count on it
Concentrate and ask again
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

G-Man wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:G-Man also gives no reason that I could find for his vote.
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Four hours until the end of Day 1.

Side game.

How many people will miss the vote?

I say 7.
Cannot predict now
I find myself asking a question. :ponder:

Don't count on it
A No U? That's even worse than no reason.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
In magnitude.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

G-Man, how about some opinions? Do you want me to try to set you up for answers?

Do you think any of these players are baddies:

Epignosis?

Scotty?

DharmaHelper?

Long Con?

Tiny Bubbles?

Sig?

Nijuu?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 89

Post by G-Man »

Long Con wrote:G-Man, how about some opinions?
Outlook good
Long Con wrote:Do you want me to try to set you up for answers?
Without a doubt
Long Con wrote:Do you think any of these players are baddies:

Epignosis?
Most likely
Long Con wrote:Scotty?
Cannot predict now
Long Con wrote:DharmaHelper?
Don't count on it
Long Con wrote:Long Con?
Very doubtful
Long Con wrote:Tiny Bubbles?
Ask again later
Long Con wrote:Sig?
Reply hazy try again
Long Con wrote:Nijuu?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
In magnitude.
Ah. I see. Modifying the adjective.

Defending Cookie. Got it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
In magnitude.
Ah. I see. Modifying the adjective.

Defending Cookie. Got it.
3. Cookie (18th vote, Reason given here At the Time: Epi x2, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer x2, Sig x2, MP x2, MM x3, Mac's Mom,)

Conclusion (And Read): This is a very different cookie than in Watchmen mafia, which I will have to keep an eye on. in regards to her vote, her reasoning checks out, but just barely. Self-preservation would have been easier voting for MM. Maybe she chose to dump a vote on sig because it would be easy to avoid explaining it to him, since he's not here. Voting for people who can't defend themselves is sketch. For the purpose of this exercise, Cookie's vote was obviously to save herself.
Yeah you got me,

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'd rather you explain this:

"This is a very different cookie than in Watchmen mafia, which I will have to keep an eye on."

How is Cookie very different?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I'd rather you explain this:

"This is a very different cookie than in Watchmen mafia, which I will have to keep an eye on."

Tonally. She seems much more engaged in this game, my experience with her in Watchmen was basically "Hey, Cookie, could you please play?"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'd rather you explain this:

Tonally. She seems much more engaged in this game, my experience with her in Watchmen was basically "Hey, Cookie, could you please play?"
It was her very first game here. That alone is enough to make her tone different. It's not enough to excuse the fact that she is uncomfortable being Mafia and confident being civilian. Her words.

But since you say Cookie seems "much more engaged" here, I will give you Cookie's first five posts in Watchmen to compare to Cookie's first five posts here. Any interested person could see the whole picture here and here, respectively.

Watchmen:
Cookie wrote:Like G-Man, I have no idea what the Watchman is about and I have no idea what to investigate. I will wait until I get home tonight and maybe someone can make suggestions?

Also, I'm new to this site and have played before but with people who don't scumhunt and rely solely on night results from cops, trackers, etc. So I'm excited for a more challenging game. :)
Cookie wrote:After catching up on the thread, I have a few small things to say:

1) I'm new to this site so don't think I am a good candidate for policy voting (please), for those of you who support it.
2) I've never heard policy voting but I think it's good to identify that problem within mafia games. I've always hated it and having to explain that, in terms of probability, we are more likely to lynch a townie. That being said, I do not support it in any way.
3) I don't think G-Man is suspicious. Having said that, I barely remember who posted what because everyone is new to me. It's easier if I knew people and can put a personality to the post, so when I get to know everyone a bit more, I will be able to scumhunt more efficiently.
4) How do I vote not to lynch someone? On the site I use, we vote "no lynch." Is there an alternative name for it here or do I just not vote?
Cookie wrote:
Golden wrote:Cookie, there is usually no 'no lynch' option here, and missing the vote isn't usually considered an option (see the rules for epi's view on participation).
Oh, thanks! I mean, I read the rules but there was also lots of mumbo-jumbo that I didn't understand about Watchmen and stuff. I'll reread now. : )
Cookie wrote:
G-Man wrote:

4) How do I vote not to lynch someone? On the site I use, we vote "no lynch." Is there an alternative name for it here or do I just not vote?
On this site you have to vote for someone because we have the P-Score. It's a way to track and rate players based on participation. If you miss too many votes, your P-Score will be docked and you might not be allowed into a future game if the host of said game requires a higher P-Score than what you have. Someone more acquainted with the P-Scores take over from here because it's still newish to me as well.
Thanks! I didn't understand what P-scores meant until now. I'm guessing it's the line under my avatar that says "Participation Score." Thanks!
Cookie wrote:

1) I'm new to this site so don't think I am a good candidate for policy voting (please), for those of you who support it.
2) I've never heard policy voting but I think it's good to identify that problem within mafia games. I've always hated it and having to explain that, in terms of probability, we are more likely to lynch a townie. That being said, I do not support it in any way.
3) I don't think G-Man is suspicious. Having said that, I barely remember who posted what because everyone is new to me. It's easier if I knew people and can put a personality to the post, so when I get to know everyone a bit more, I will be able to scumhunt more efficiently.
Welcome, Cookie!

Why do you not think G-Man is suspicious? Can you elaborate?

Why would you want to vote a "no lynch"?
I don't think G-Man is suspicious because, at this point, I don't suspect anyone's posts to be suspicious. Also, I don't remember who's posted what in the thread because there are so many people to keep track of, therefore, anyone who might have been suspicious would have been more memorable (or their post would have been).

I had been mistaken last night. After I voted for what to investigate, the list of players became available to vote and I saw Epi said we had until midnight to vote so I was panicking that no one else was voting anyone else and so I wanted to vote no one. I didn't want to be responsible for casting the only vote, resulting in a lynch of that person who might have been civ.

Frisky Dingo:
Cookie wrote:Hi guys!! Excited to play!
Cookie wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Whenever I think of Cookie, I think of Billy Sunday in Men of Honor.
Why?!
Cookie wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I would like to lynch Cookie Day 1.
Why again?
Cookie wrote:
Why again?
Cookie wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Totally stoked to start playing this game! I’m pretty sure I’ve played at least one game with most of you, but if I haven’t, hello new guys! My strategy this game is going to be a little fast and loose, but I’m ready to wreck face.

Does anyone have any questions for me? Really nervous since I haven’t even seen a single episode of this show… Anybody know who Brent/Trent are? Killing one of them is gonna be an interesting decision, and I feel like I’d make a better choice if I knew more about them. Every Day 0 Poll is almost always nerve wracking.

Who wants to take bets on the first person to ask if anyone has poll info? At least there are only two options. Seems less likely there would be too much oddness with just two options to go off of.
The one problem I can see us running into pretty early is the lack of activity from some of the newer folks, but I’ll hold off judgement on that until more people start to trickle in or the days start to tick by, whichever comes first. Having inactive players (however intentionally) is only going to hurt the civs as the game goes on; having just won a game based on that, I don’t plan on tolerating it if I can help it. Everyone needs to pitch in.

This post is getting a little long but it’s late so it will probably be my only post of the night, better to make it count. Happy to be playing a full game again! I don’t think I could handle a 24/24 game again so soon after Watchmen. Ready to take my time and read everything carefully. Don’t expect me to fuck around with ISO’s or rainbow lists or whatever though.

Rainbow lists, as (inexplicably) popular as they’ve gotten, piss me off because they are annoying and serve no real legitimate purpose. Others obviously disagree, but I figure I’d best get my thoughts on the matter out early; I won’t hold it against anyone who wants to make one, but I won’t really hold those lists in a high regard either. But that’s probably my stubbornness influencing my game. I don’t adapt well to change. Now before I get too ramble-heavy, I’m gonna bounce outta here; bye guys!
What... I like rainbow lists. It helps me organize other peoples' thoughts in my mind. I'm a visual person so maybe that has to do with my preference. I've never made my own rainbow list (although I've only just learned what they are in Watchmen).
++++

No editing. No commentary in that. Just the first five posts.

Tell me: In which scenario does Cookie seem more engaged?

In which scenario do you find yourself more apt to ask "Hey, Cookie, could you please play?"

DH: What makes you say Cookie seems more engaged here and less engaged in Watchmen?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Golden »

I am following this game entirely through G-Man isos.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH: What makes you say Cookie seems more engaged here and less engaged in Watchmen?
She actually has an opinion of her own in this game

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
You link me to one post of hers this game where that's demonstrably true and I will take it all back.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You link me to one post of hers this game where that's demonstrably true and I will take it all back.
Cookie wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, game-related question for everyone:

What do folks make of DH's vote for Epi? Does it say anything about alignment for you, however small?

I have to get back to being frisky with my PhD work, so I'll be back at some point, IDK when.
Like SVS said, it could be a reaction. From a different angle, could also be very early bussing of a teammate? Could be just random, since that's what pretty much everyone will end up doing on Day 1. Too many possibilities to speculate.

Time will tell!
Epignosis wrote:
Cookie wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Whenever I think of Cookie, I think of Billy Sunday in Men of Honor.
Why?!
After some thirty hours, you manage to make this your second post?
Cookie wrote:
Why again?
After some thirty hours, you manage to make this your third post?

Can't wait to see your fourth fifth one. :dark:
I read the thread backwards and realized I should start from the beginning. >: (
Cookie wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Totally stoked to start playing this game! I’m pretty sure I’ve played at least one game with most of you, but if I haven’t, hello new guys! My strategy this game is going to be a little fast and loose, but I’m ready to wreck face.

Does anyone have any questions for me? Really nervous since I haven’t even seen a single episode of this show… Anybody know who Brent/Trent are? Killing one of them is gonna be an interesting decision, and I feel like I’d make a better choice if I knew more about them. Every Day 0 Poll is almost always nerve wracking.

Who wants to take bets on the first person to ask if anyone has poll info? At least there are only two options. Seems less likely there would be too much oddness with just two options to go off of.
The one problem I can see us running into pretty early is the lack of activity from some of the newer folks, but I’ll hold off judgement on that until more people start to trickle in or the days start to tick by, whichever comes first. Having inactive players (however intentionally) is only going to hurt the civs as the game goes on; having just won a game based on that, I don’t plan on tolerating it if I can help it. Everyone needs to pitch in.

This post is getting a little long but it’s late so it will probably be my only post of the night, better to make it count. Happy to be playing a full game again! I don’t think I could handle a 24/24 game again so soon after Watchmen. Ready to take my time and read everything carefully. Don’t expect me to fuck around with ISO’s or rainbow lists or whatever though.

Rainbow lists, as (inexplicably) popular as they’ve gotten, piss me off because they are annoying and serve no real legitimate purpose. Others obviously disagree, but I figure I’d best get my thoughts on the matter out early; I won’t hold it against anyone who wants to make one, but I won’t really hold those lists in a high regard either. But that’s probably my stubbornness influencing my game. I don’t adapt well to change. Now before I get too ramble-heavy, I’m gonna bounce outta here; bye guys!
What... I like rainbow lists. It helps me organize other peoples' thoughts in my mind. I'm a visual person so maybe that has to do with my preference. I've never made my own rainbow list (although I've only just learned what they are in Watchmen).

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay...where is her own opinion?

I see "it could be," "it could also be," "could be just," "I should start from the beginning," and "I like rainbow lists."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh we're playing that game :P

Aight well you vote for Cookie if you want.

ImageImage
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Scotty wrote:Hamburger Boy, why did you specifically vote for MM as opposed to anyone else? :eye:
Voting for someone with only one vote previous would add to the pile of 2-vote leaders, and if anyone on a 2-vote candidate was KillFace, they'd be automatically outed. I'm not sure how that is inconsistent with my previous posts.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Oh we're playing that game :P

What game are we playing?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

Frosted Ringo

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Frosted Ringo
You:

Almost get me lynched for no reason.
Belittle my reasons for voting.
Conclude Cookie is doing something you can't demonstrate.

That's the ABCs of WTF.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Frosted Ringo
You:

Almost get me lynched for no reason.
Belittle my reasons for voting.
Conclude Cookie is doing something you can't demonstrate.

That's the ABCs of WTF.
You make some good points. You should vote for me or Cookie.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Cookie »

Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I have a really busy few days ahead of me between PhD work and wedding planning. Daisy flies out Saturday morning, then I fly out Wednesday morning, gotta have everything PhD done by then. Very likely won't be back until Day 2. Not sure how active I'll be going forward, but I know how much of an addict I am, and I'll try, so I'll inevitably still probably have a fair amount of posts. Night folks. :offtobed:
Do yo thing man, you're about to get chained up married!
MovingPictures07 wrote:Scotty, I didn't NK you in Watchmen, no, but I heavily suspected you at end of Day 1 going into Night 1, and it seems like the civilian ninja agreed with me.

I was watching the vote specifically, saw Cookie voted, so didn't vote sig for that specific reason. Otherwise, I would have voted sig, actually, to tie up a no show. I learned from Watchmen to more closely watch the vote if I was going to wait until the last minute possible to cast it. Kept pressing F5. :P

I don't follow. How would Epi's assessment make me look more suspicious?
If you knew Cookie had already tied it up, why throw your vote to LC- which you said you empathized with me as a reason for voting him- instead of any willy-nilly place? I assumed your purpose was to tie up the vote, like you said, but because you didn't realize Cookie had already done that.

So now that I know you knew Cookie had done that, it makes you look suspicious to me.
Now couple that with the fact that you agree with Epi's assessment in regards to hiding the vote if you were Killface. It may not be a bad strategy to throw in another last minute tie if you wanted to build cred (knowing MM will flip good) and look like Mm just lost on a a bad roll of the death die.
That's one theory.

I'll revisit this as we go along, and that isn't enough for me to make you a top suspect or anything, just an observation that could be fishy. I don't have a rainbow list, but I'm putting you at slight mafia read right now. That could change. :shrug:

Killface is exposed nonetheless this vote. Since his votes do count double, We can safely say the following people are mathematically impossible to be KF:
-Elohcin
-Mac's Mom
-Cookie
-Scotty
-Moving Pictures

I would also conjecture that he would be best served either voting later on someone that wasn't getting traction, or if voting early with the assumption that his teammates would have his back in hiding him later on.

Or it's sig. Which would just be hilarious.
Thanks for organizing this. If no one else had addressed the KF possibilities, I was going to do that (I had hoped that by the time I got home from work someone else would have done it, so thanks!).

These players are definitely not KF but that doesn't stop them being baddies. I need to keep this in mind while I'm assessing everything.
Scotty wrote:I would also add that in my opinion, KF didn't vote for MM, and if he did, it's SVS.
No, KF probably did vote early, on someone who probably wasn't going to gain any traction, based on weak reasoning.

People that fit this bill to me:
-LongCon
-Epi
-Dharma

Those are my candidates right now for Killface.

More later. Now to bed.
Why are you so easily ruling out any other possibilities for who is KF? There are many angles to look at it.
(Adding to this post, I see a few people have offered other suggestions of who could be KF).
Made wrote:Too late, made one, itz so pretty. From those that do use spreadsheets, what kinda of data do you usually track?
Prove it :B

Can anybody explain to me what the deal is with people using adverbs? I don't understand why it makes someone appear bad.

Also, is Mac's mom just having fun or does she always talk like that?
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

DharmaHelper wrote:Epi won't be getting my vote for some time. He's making nonsense points and ignoring actual suspects. Clearly civvie Epi.
Do you have enough experience with him to call this a civvie move? I mean, all Epi has done is insist I am lynched.

@My most recent post for Scotty asking why he only considered a few angles for KF, he answered it later on so nevermind!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Cookie wrote:
Do you have enough experience with him to call this a civvie move? I mean, all Epi has done is insist I am lynched.

@My most recent post for Scotty asking why he only considered a few angles for KF, he answered it later on so nevermind!
When you get a chance, read Death Note mafia.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Cookie wrote:

That game you won. I remember tha- wait, nope, nope. You didn't.

That was that game I had to flush out a guy who almost never posted in order to win, and you had to...I forget what it is you had to do it, but you didn't get it done.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Cookie wrote:

That was that game I had to flush out a guy who almost never posted in order to win, and you had to...I forget what it is you had to do it, but you didn't get it done.
:biggrin:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Long Con wrote:G-Man, how about some opinions? Do you want me to try to set you up for answers?

Do you think any of these players are baddies:

Epignosis?

Scotty?

DharmaHelper?

Long Con?

Tiny Bubbles?

Sig?

Nijuu?
Is this the list of people you suspect the most?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Cookie wrote:

I actually meant the game where your top like...five suspects were the most important civvies in the game :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Cookie wrote:

Where can I find that?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Cookie wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Cookie wrote:

Where can I find that?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=27&t=541

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: my win condition basically boiled down to luck.

Throw shade at me son better recognize.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Cookie wrote:Can anybody explain to me what the deal is with people using adverbs? I don't understand why it makes someone appear bad.
I don't suspect all adverbs, but I recognize that they can be red flags.

You can "just say something" or you can "craft a sentence". Civvies aren't trying to deceive everyone, so they are free to just say things. Baddies are trying to deceive everyone, so they may tend more toward crafting sentences. "Trying to sound Civvie", is one way of putting it.

Here's how I see the Scotty adverb thing - when he says "I honestly don't think you're on Crews' team", it feels like he's crafting it. An honest man doesn't need to tell everyone how honest he is.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Cookie wrote:

I actually meant the game where your top like...five suspects were the most important civvies in the game :P
I was an independent, first.

Second, Russ voted FZ. out of nowhere when he was the info role.

Third, yes my game came down to luck. No one was ever going to lynch Bass.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Cookie wrote:Can anybody explain to me what the deal is with people using adverbs? I don't understand why it makes someone appear bad.

You can "just say something" or you can "craft a sentence". Civvies aren't trying to deceive everyone, so they are free to just say things. Baddies are trying to deceive everyone, so they may tend more toward crafting sentences. "Trying to sound Civvie", is one way of putting it.

Here's how I see the Scotty adverb thing - when he says "I honestly don't think you're on Crews' team", it feels like he's crafting it. An honest man doesn't need to tell everyone how honest he is.
That's not how "the adverb thing" works at all. That's a terrible characterization of it.

I called you out Day 1 in BoB because of an adjective. The one you used was "interesting." Timmer used it here. It's the same principle; adverbs are just easier for me to spot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:

That's not how "the adverb thing" works at all. That's a terrible characterization of it.

I called you out Day 1 in BoB because of an adjective. The one you used was "interesting." Timmer used it here. It's the same principle; adverbs are just easier for me to spot.
If I had to pick one thing worse than rainbow lists.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Cookie wrote:

I was an independent, first.

Second, Russ voted FZ. out of nowhere when he was the info role.

Third, yes my game came down to luck. No one was ever going to lynch Bass.
So you confess!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Wah wah wah I wish somebody would do something about all the non-participants making Mafia not fun for me wah wah wah

*votes Epi*
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 80

Re: Frisky Dingo [DAY 2]

Post by thellama73 »

Day 2 - The Xcaliber
Aboard the Xcaliber, the Xtacles were even more uncoordinated than usual. They had made no progress towards thwarting the Wearin Kelly, and and that was bad.

"The Wearin Kelly?" said Epignosis.

"Er, I mean the Villain Killface."

"Who even are you?" said Elohcin.

Elohcin has been killed by Wendell.

"That's who!"

"Hahahahahaha.. BOOM!" said Scotty.

Scotty's head has exploded.
You have 48 hours to lynch a bad guy.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Wah wah wah I wish somebody would do something about all the non-participants making Mafia not fun for me wah wah wah

*votes Epi*
Somebody did do something about that ;)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Wah wah wah I wish somebody would do something about all the non-participants making Mafia not fun for me wah wah wah

*votes Epi*
Somebody did do something about that ;)
Yeah, he did.

Return to “Previous Jobs”