Total votes: 14
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Turnip Head »

G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I realize you have doubt, Jay, which is entirely logical, but for me, Roxy's posts regarding G-Man and the curse that I pointed out in D4 pretty much singlehandedly put the nail in G-Man's coffin once we found out he was faking. I know I exaggerate and go through periods where I exude extreme confidence and others with extreme waffling, but with Roxy's mafia flip, I'm positive we will catch a mafia in G-Man. The last member is a bit more difficult.
Spoiler: show
You didn't tell us it was a conscious decision to be different until you came under heavy fire. Don't try to rewrite history, good sir :llama:
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

acrosstheaether wrote:Now that the mafia cannot kill at night, the only chance of them winning this is to manipulate the lynches. Should there be two baddies left, they'd be unlikely to bus from this point onwards, right?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

You may have no lied, G-Man. But you omitted the truth. And that makes you a likely mafia candidate.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Btw, mafia had no means of knowing Elo was sk. At most, they also had the same theory I did abou Adam Smith, but even that doesn't mean they would be sure. You should assume they saw her as a townie.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Turnip Head wrote:
G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I realize you have doubt, Jay, which is entirely logical, but for me, Roxy's posts regarding G-Man and the curse that I pointed out in D4 pretty much singlehandedly put the nail in G-Man's coffin once we found out he was faking. I know I exaggerate and go through periods where I exude extreme confidence and others with extreme waffling, but with Roxy's mafia flip, I'm positive we will catch a mafia in G-Man. The last member is a bit more difficult.
You didn't tell us it was a conscious decision to be different until you came under heavy fire. Don't try to rewrite history, good sir :llama:
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Btw, mafia had no means of knowing Elo was sk. At most, they also had the same theory I did abou Adam Smith, but even that doesn't mean they would be sure. You should assume they saw her as a townie.
My Banners:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

G-Man wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
G-Man wrote:
I'm saying that faking it is a perfectly valid thing for MP to accuse you of, given what's in the thread.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Catching up now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

Meaningful interaction - JJJ with Roxy

Mafia is feeling like a chore this morning, but I think this needs to be done.

There is this exchange with JJJ which I think looks pretty relevant given Roxy and BR were low posters.
Roxy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Btw, I think it's very interesting how Jay started talking about making cases right after the second role was handed out. Which is interesting since the game was pretty much a blank state at that point. Though to be fair, he did say he had nothing at that point.

That could indicate an alignment change. If a player who has done nothing gets a new role and suddenly starts being proactive, it might mean a townie who became mafia, or vice-versa. Just a theory.
the validity of your assertion here is debatable. i'll leave you and others to explore the notion that my Day 0 conduct was indicative of an alignment change, and offer my input when the content demands it. however, i find myself more interested in the implications of this theory you've proposed. based on what you saw from me in Day 0, which side of that theory do you find more plausible? that i was town and became scum, or that i was scum and became town?

the distinction is obviously important.[size=150p my current role ought to mean a great deal more to everyone than my previous role.[/size]
I found Dragon's post a little fluffy bc it really stated nothing as her/his points cancelled each other out.

You reply however twitched my nose a bit.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:one unfortunate note, at least for me:

the phases here will apparently be ending at inopportune times for me. i'll be leaving for work hours before the lynch deadlines, and i have no access to this game at work. i don't work at a desk, and moreover even when i am at a computer this site is blocked there. i've checked. i might be able to get involved on my phone a tiny bit, but i can't make promises. so most of my involvement in this game is going to have to be in the first half of day phases; i've no choice.

of course, that problem might be alleviated some if this game will be employing a hammer. will lynches be immediate upon reaching a majority vote, or are the deadlines fixed?
I've never seen a game here where the deadlines weren't fixed; the player with the most votes at deadline will be lynched. I have no reason to believe this will not be the case, but the hosts can clarify for sure.
This is not wholly accurate - sometimes secrets or role abilities will stop/switch a lynch. No hammer vote has even been used here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Some players like to stay in the shadows when they're town.
rest assured, i don't like to stay in the shadows when i'm anything. ;)

i think the most fundamental and simple means of scumhunting is merely to post a lot. a high-activity thread is a bigger challenge for scum teams than a low activity thread, obviously. and it isn't just because there is more content to assess -- it's also because real-time communication is more difficult for players with a reason to second-guess the things they say. and when post counts/content slack in an obvious way, it can be very exposing.

of course many experienced scummers have learned to cope with this. but it's still beneficial. so i love to post constantly, and when the content allows it provide thorough analysis.
I do not think your theory about high posters will work here. We have our teasured high posting players who post the same irregardless of alignment.

I often think high posters are baddies trying to control the thread - its a fine line. But I wil never think a high poster has less to hide - been burned by too many high posters lol

Catching up now- I am a few pages behind.

I will add I get emotional irregardless of alignment when wagon'ed or under pressure - Sockadoodle is right. :)
I don't know what Roxy actually means here but it definitely comes across as throwing a bit of dirt at JJ
Roxy wrote:Jimmy jj- I quoted what I did bc I found you suspicious for posting that we should appreciate you more bc of your new role. ofc you would say that - everyone would but for me it is the fact you have to qualify yourself with that statement.
And she goes on... Roxy looks to be painting a big bullseye on JJ's back:
Roxy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:Jimmy jj- I quoted what I did bc I found you suspicious for posting that we should appreciate you more bc of your new role. ofc you would say that - everyone would but for me it is the fact you have to qualify yourself with that statement.
i didn't mean you should appreciate me more. i meant you should care about my current role more than my previous role. because my previous role is irrelevant to this game.

Again you are qualifying - why? All roles are relevant in this game. Why should I appreciate you more? I am already skimming al the iso stuff if that has something to do with it then I am sorry.
What is iso what does it mean? It reads like a suspicions list but only one at a time.

Also fyi the rainbow lists are strange. Why do they have color? Why can't you just list them in order of suspicion? Why are you painting targets by mentioning your most trusted?
And she is throwing some harsh words at JJ (which she later apologises for), actually at this point I'm already wondering why I'm bothering with this, JJJ looks very clean. It makes no sense at all that Roxy would go after a teammate this hard this early when he otherwise looks so clean.

[quote="Roxy"]Answers in color - btw anyone can pull a post out of context and spin it to make it look good or bad. :)

[quote="JaggedJimmyJay"]looking at Roxy's 10 posts for anything intriguing...

NOTE: there are few points in this post where i pose a question for Roxy. a neutral observer might think they know the answer she'll provide, and if so i ask that you DO NOT say it. at least not until after she has responded. that has happened a couple times now -- it's ideal to allow a person to answer questions directed at them before sharing your own perspective. please don't give them answers before they even have to think about it. thanks. :)
This I found quite hilarious :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

[quote="Roxy"][quote="Golden"][quote="JaggedJimmyJay"][quote="Golden"]My thoughts so far - a few newbies (DDL, JJJ, sanmateo, sloonei) are running straight into a drive by lynch of one of them. Not that I support that, I just feel like it's what you risk by generating so much discussion here on day one.[/quote]

if our conduct to this point has been that unusual by Syndicate standards, i would urge caution in those who'd perceive it negatively by default. "generating so much discussion on Day 1" is honestly exactly how i'd describe the most productive town approach (indeed, i truly struggle to imagine it being perceived as inherently suspicious). if it's abnormal here, very well. i look forward to seeing the reception we get from the other regulars.[/quote]

I agree that discussion is the most productive approach. But I didn't mean people would find it inherently suspicious, and don't want to discourage it from occurring. Rather, just that drive by votes can happen here (especially on day one), and visible people are easier targets to manufacture a case on. Right now, I think you guys are already in a place where it would be very easy for others to come in and make the day one conversation only about the four of you, and guarantee by doing that that one of you would be lynched.

I just wanted to get in and discourage that from occurring before it did. If others come in and begin to form opinions about the four of you, perhaps it will begin to help us all form opinions about a wider range of people.[/quote]

I agree and I will not vote for a new player on Day 1.
I do not see the harm in discussing them though obv.[/quote]

this might be an interesting statement. Golden's prediction of a drive-by lynch proved eerily correct -- and he ended up the victim of that himself. so Roxy wasn't wrong to agree with the assertion. but her stated refusal to vote for a new player on Day 1 is still striking. in so doing she immediately eliminated 6 players from candidacy, 4 of whom were highly active in the game and providing plenty of content to potentially be viewed with suspicion. so i ask you Roxy: why not vote for one of us?

its my standard practice, unlike some on this site, to give the new people to our site a day or so to acclimate before I vote or kill them as the case may be. I am not the only one who does this sort of thing.
MP is the opposite (or used to be until this game) he would go after new people the first day and push hard for their lynch overwhelming and derailing the thread with it.

[quote="Roxy"]High posters make it harder to find their true thoughts in walls-o-texts epsecially if they just pull quotes and slap a couple of sentences after each to make it seem like they are trying. Making a reread far less likely to happen by some players. Low posters have nothing to hide behind in their few posts and usually respond when directly questioned. So feel free to question any player and guage them on their responses and not the quanity of their posts. Quality > Quanity any day imo.[/quote]

this may just amount to philosophical/cultural differences, but when i think someone makes a point that is fundamentally wrong it could be viewed with suspicion. this blanket criticism of high-volume posting is a means of discouraging an active game thread, which is beneficial to anti-town players in essentially any possible Mafia setup regardless of rules or roles. this is made especially true when she endorses low-volume posters instead. i agree with her that pure quality beats pure quantity, but i would assert that the best case is always quality AND quantity.

I disagree and you should not be surprised. You and MP are overwhelming the thread trying to control everything and everyone. Making it very hard to keep up. If someone disagrees with a point you or someone on your rainbow list who you deem good then you inundate them with iso posts and rainbow lists. Your blanket criticism of low posters is discouraging and condescending. Sorry I do not have the spare time you have as I am a working adult with bills to pay - in order to pay bills I have to work. Work takes me away from mafia bc my boss likes when I work and not play games. I work 7 days a week. I have a life outside of work that is not an easy one right now. I am not looking for sympathy I am however asking for some compassion for those that cannot be here as many hours of the day as you are able to. Just bc I do not have a million posts does not mean I am not trying.

[quote="Roxy"][quote="Turnip Head"][quote="JaggedJimmyJay"]I think it's pretty dangerous that people are taking the notion that one of the 5 players to kickstart the game MUST be scum as a foregone conclusion. That encourages a narrower focus of suspicion not only in Day 1, but in all ensuing days until the alleged scum is identified.

There's more to Mafia than mere probability.[/quote]
I agree.

Consequentially, I'm voting for Golden. I think he's bad news this game. :suspish:[/quote]

This vote vote twitched my nose badly - its still twitching :o
This is your second in game post and the first on topic post. You have given no. reason or clarity for your vote - classic drive by - why?[/quote]

off the top of my head, the only player i can recall Roxy expressing suspicion of in any significant way was Turnip Head. here's the start of that. we'll see if my memory serves me poorly as i continue.

TH is not playing normal idc if he is changing his style I had him pegged as bad day 2 in the champions game. I have played and hosted TH so I feel like I can judge his style better than you.

[quote="Roxy"][quote="Turnip Head"]I guess the difference is I'm being obviously un-TH like and Golden feels like he's trying to hide it.

I can elaborate when I get home tonight but if you're interested in looking into it just read his filter.[/quote]
I for one cannot wait for this elaboration.
I feel the opposite about Golden.[/quote]

Roxy's suspicion of TH is at least in part driven by her very different read on Golden. i think this is a fair reason to be suspicious of TH, particularly given the abruptness of his vote. i wasn't that suspicious myself, but i don't struggle to imagine a townie genuinely feeling differently.

and your point here is...?

[quote="Roxy"]I do find it very odd that you did not single a new player out, make a case and vote. Its been your norm for so long!
Is this a new strategy you are trying with this game?[/quote]

this bit was directed at MP. it bears the appearance of something at least mildly accusatory in implication, but it isn't at all accusatory in language. so that's something Roxy could talk about. what was your perspective of MP when you made this post, and how do you feel about him now?

Already asked and answered I thought you had read all my posts and not just pulled some to suit your needs.
My perspective was that he was being nice and it was not normal for him - read his Dr Who back and forth with poor zeek Day 1 - I think me and later MP were both recruited but my point still stands it was not normal behavior for MP day 1 this game.

[quote="Roxy"]I am torn betwixt TH and Metalspammer.

I have not previously spoken about the Spamming Newt so I will be laying a vote on TH. I did not like his vote or reasoning he later expressed.

I have zero time til. I am home[/quote]

Roxy's vote for TH came at a time when i think it was quite apparent that he had no chance of being lynched (53 minutes prior to the deadline). so on that front, it could be called an inconsequential and evasive vote. Roxy did not speak much at all about the larger bandwagons of Day 1 (Golden and Bass).

and your point here is...?
This whole iso thingy seems to be more of a narrative than a suspicions post imo.

[quote="Roxy"]Bye Golden this site hates people who return after long absences - Idk why.

I knew he was civ and am so surprised MP did not immediately feel the same.
I also wish others. who know him better would have spoke out more.[/quote]

this is probably the most interesting snippet from Roxy's post history so far for me. it's true that she had expressed a positive read of Golden earlier in the phase in response to TH's vote. but beyond that she didn't seem to make any strong effort at all to prevent his lynch. in this post she laments that MP and other Syndicate regulars didn't speak out for him more, and that "she knew he was a civ". i would assert that if she felt that way, nobody in the game was better suited to save his butt than she was. so why didn't you speak out for him more, Roxy?
bc I work Jimmy, obv something you do not have to do on a regular basis quite yet. There are plenty of others who have played as much with Golden as I have. splints, BR, MP have also played with him tbh I was surprised no one else saw his civ game for what it was.

you were apparently present in the thread at least once during the final stretch (in the post i previously highlighted at 53 minutes 'til the deadline). it'd seem you had an opportunity then to stand up for him and try to change people's minds.

bc I like to eat and have a glass of sweet tea when i finish work and sometimes I shower. :|

[quote="Roxy"]TH - your Golden vote and subsequent reasoning was so shady. When I read your elaboration fr your vote it read like it was something you came up with bc you needed something to explain your vote. I knew that new players would listen you and MP but I thought they would be able to see through that charade of a vote.[/quote]

this is face value mafioso to me. Roxy doesn't make this negative assessment of TH's vote until after the lynch has been finalized and the town flip has been revealed. she asserts in this very comment that she felt that way at the time TH posted it, before the lynch finalized, and even that she thought other players would "see through the charade". but again, she made very little concerted effort herself, if any at all, to do anything about it when it mattered. she made this accusation retrospectively when it no longer made any difference because the damage was done. it reads to me like this, in so many words:

"you guys made a huge mistake. i can't believe you guys made that huge mistake. i wouldn't have made that huge mistake. i thought you guys would realize it'd be a huge mistake."

and that is not helpful.

Why are you insinuating words into my post that are not there? You can twist this all you want but I post when I have free time. I cannot be in the thread as much as you or MP. I did state my dissatisfaction with TH and his vote and reasons. Sorry i could not do it sooner due to rl.
and this post was not helpful just mean (impoo)

[quote="Roxy"]Turnips - Why dear vegee are you voting so early with no reasoning again? You were so wrong about Golden and now you try and do the same with Bubbles. I hope no one will follow this silliness again since the results proved disastrous last lynch. You are my biggest suspicion right now based solely on the way you are voting and your reasoning against Golden was unfounded.
Who are your top 3 suspects and why? What do you think about MM and Epi dying? Why slap an unchangeable vote down with over 24 hours yet to go? Why not say your suspicion and give Bubbles a chance to respond?[/quote]

and this is a strangely predictive comment. it looks to me like Roxy already knows that a potential lynch of TinyBubbles would end in a town flip, and is throwing shade over TH now instead of then.

"i hope no one will follow this silliness again"

what if he's right? and he didn't even vote btw. his lie proved effective at least in generating responses from players like this one.[/quote]

He is not right and anyone with half a brain can see that Bubbles is a likely civ with no btsc. His lie also led to the lynch of a civ last round gtk you trust his opinion. Did you even notice he never responded to me or my questions? No you did not bc that would require something more than an iso or rainbow list :P I am trying to prevent what happened to Golden from happening to Bubbles - something you just bitched about up there^^^ that I gave no effort in helping prevent a Golden lynch. Well I have time so I am trying right now to help Bubbles and you say that I know and so I am bad - you are right I do know bc it is so obv. You should read Bubbles again.
Also make up your mind it is so contradictory. :huh:[/quote]

She goes on to criticise JJ's post count... his ISOs, basically everything about his game entirely. Some it could come from a genuine place of feeling overwhelmed, but mostly it reads as throwing dirt. I can't even be bothered to quote most of it.

Roxy is conciliatory here, possibly she feels its time to get JJ off her back:
Roxy wrote:Jimmy - we butt heads bc you are a high poster and I am a low poster. I think we both felt picked on earlier and I apologize for that. I do feel you really are trying to find baddies in the way you know best - believe it or not I am too. I hope we can work together in that common goal. I would like your thoughts on TH. I do not remember an Iso from you about him.
Roxy wrote:jjj - glad you liked my post bc i did it mainly for you bc I felt bad about our prior exchange. I understand why I am still orange but I appreciate you taking my game style for what it is and also for giving me a chance to prove my worth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JJ expresses an early null read in his first ISO of Roxy. His second ISO, though, he begins to suspect her more (that's the one she responded to above).

workload finding Roxy a lot more suspicious than i did before.[/quote]

The conclusion of JJ's BR/Roxy comparison.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Meaningful interactions between/about Black Rock and Roxy

this doesn't really make me feel better about Roxy. i'd have liked to see a little more content, which isn't to say Roxy hasn't said enough. she has said quite a lot actually. it's just that BR specifically doesn't have much of a place in her post history beyond what i've highlighted here. and the noncommittal air of her expressed suspicion is a little troubling.
And eventually he gets here (although by this point everyone is on roxy):
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:when i try to compile potential scum teams, Roxy appears in essentially all of them at this point.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All up, I think this reaffirms my feelings about JJ. It looks like Roxy wanted to go out of her way to discredit him early, which doesn't seem likely if they are teammates. JJ slowly became more suspicious of roxy as the game went on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Damn, I would have a spoiler tag fail on the biggest post of all. That was hard work and I'm so not motivated to do a BR one as well since the Roxy one makes JJ look so clean, but I suppose I should.

JJ, I honestly don't know how you do it so frequently. It would suck the fun right out of it for me, it's intense. Also, Roxy/epi?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Ok so I want to start by saying I can understand why my vote could look bad to the new players but for everyone that has played with me before they should know I always vote late.
Also DDL I have a feeling no matter where I put my vote yesterday you would have said something about it.
Now if you have any questions please just ask.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok so I want to start by saying I can understand why my vote could look bad to the new players but for everyone that has played with me before they should know I always vote late.
Also DDL I have a feeling no matter where I put my vote yesterday you would have said something about it.
Now if you have any questions please just ask.
Aether or G-Man?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Thats what I looking over now. I agree that G-man looks like the way to go after the way the Roxy lynch went down.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Thats what I looking over now. I agree that G-man looks like the way to go after the way the Roxy lynch went down.
Can you elaborate?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:Damn, I would have a spoiler tag fail on the biggest post of all. That was hard work and I'm so not motivated to do a BR one as well since the Roxy one makes JJ look so clean, but I suppose I should.

JJ, I honestly don't know how you do it so frequently. It would suck the fun right out of it for me, it's intense. Also, Roxy/epi?
i can definitely understand. i've gotten used to doing it i suppose, so i am able to move decently fast. but when it's early in the game and everyone's alive it's a huge workload. i don't always bother.

i'll start looking at Roxy/Epi if i survive the night.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Turnip Head »

Neither G-Man nor Bass have responded to this particular point I made on Friday night:
Turnip Head wrote:
G-Man wrote:My Day 1 vote was utter shit. It was a 100% uninformed vote. I knew from see other people's posts that Epi usually gets taken out early and he certainly seems like a pretty rash (but probably loveable) guy. From what little I actually did skim, I thought MP was being a mini-JJJ but a little less objective. In the end I voted for Golden only because I had no read on Golden out of the three of them.
Now that's an interesting summary of Day 1, G-Man. You're saying your vote was between Epi, MP and Golden, and you voted Golden for sheer fact you had no read on him. What this fails to consider is the fact that, at the time you voted, Bass had 4 votes:
thellama73 wrote:Who doesn't believe in the free market?

Poll ended at Thu May 21, 2015 6:04:04 pm

Bass_the_Clever
JaggedJimmyJay (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), Sloonei (14), Golden (15), MovingPictures07 (17)
28%
Epignosis
No votes
Golden
Turnip Head (4), Metalmarsh89 (5), Dragon D. Luffy (10), Epignosis (11), Elohcin (12), G-Man (16), Bass_the_Clever (18)
39%
MovingPictures07
sanmateo (8), fingersplints (9)
11%
Bass had 4 votes while Golden had 5. And you voted for Golden because you had no read on him. And yet, Bass' name is nowhere in your hindsight analysis of Day 1. Interesting indeed :ponder:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass, you'd be well-advised to answer every question directed at you right now.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Golden »

Meaningful interaction - BR and JJJ
Black Rock wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Day 1 ISO - JaggedJimmyJay

top bloke; good egg
Are you sure you aren't being Biased here? :)
That was the only reference I found from BR about JJJ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JJ

Stars with a town read, and keeps her there in his rainbow for a while.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Day 1 ISO - Black Rock

overall i read her as more town than scum.
But it soon turns:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:for much of Day 1 i gave positive reads of Black Rock. and now as i re-examine the posts, i am not sure why. her second post (first one quoted below) impressed me, but at this point i don't feel that way anymore mostly because there is much more content to judge and it doesn't hold up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i can't help but be concerned about a player with one suspicious encounter early in the game and nothing else since other than a little detached commentary and off-topic posting.
At this point it's 'one between BR and TH'
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Black Rock brings the fire. Fascinating.

The good thing about her most recent posts:

~ interesting dirt against TH. she picked up on some of the more subtle bits of his posts (and splints') that i'd not considered before.

Bad things:

~ OMGUS

~ no suspects stated beyond that even when specifically prompted.

This exchange increases my confidence that there's at least one mafioso between BR and TH.
Then this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like it TH. Black Rock will probably be my vote.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think this one reads as clean as the Roxy one. JJJ hedges hit bets more, and BR doesn't really have any meaningful posts about him. But overall (between both reads) I still can't see how JJJ could be mafia, he'd have been scum reading both of them from early enough and following through that he'd have to be sitting close to the wire on bussing half his team. Not really seeing it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man's incredulity in his recent responses only makes him look worse, frankly. it shouldn't be some kind of surprise to him that people find his actions suspicious.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And now I click url instead of underline lol.

I think I need to step away for a bit. I'm not on. But I am very much intrigued by Bass's response to my question.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Considering that G-Man's vote for Golden comes directly after Golden voted for Bass, G-Man's vote looks extremely opportunistic if they are teammates.

There are 7 Golden voters on Day 1. Turnip Head, Metalmarsh, DDL, Epi, Elo, G-Man and Bass.

Metalmarsh was NK'd by the baddies directly after the vote. Epi also was NK'd.
Elo was lynched, flipped SK.
Roxy attacked me and DDL in-thread.
G-Man and Bass were defended by Roxy in-thread.

The MM kill could have been designed to make Bass and G-Man look good by proximity.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden:
Golden wrote:I think your assessment of my posting activity actually relies on a different timing to how things went down in real time.
only quoting this piece for the sake of a smaller post, but i read everything you said. thanks for the effort to explain yourself, and you might be right that there are some contextual discrepancies in my BWT-Golden/Roxy post. that's not as uncommon as i'd like when i do ISOs like that, especially when combining two players into a single dynamic. it can be difficult to keep context straight, especially when it comes to time. timestamps exist i guess, but the workload would increase a lot if i kept tabs on that for everything i talk about.

generally i think you've made a believable defense for yourself. i wouldn't lynch you before a good number of others.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 52

Post by thellama73 »

Day 5

The economists were on a roll, knocking of Keynesians left right and center. At this rate, we might restore sanity to the profession. Good job everyone! The question is, can they keep it up?

The economy is BOOMing, with the notable exception of the market for designer socks, which is deeply depressed.

MovingPictures07 has been killed by Robert Solow.
It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to lynch a bad guy.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

See you in the zombie bar.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Turnip Head wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Thats what I looking over now. I agree that G-man looks like the way to go after the way the Roxy lynch went down.
Can you elaborate?
I should have said the way day four went down. G-Man coming under heat then telling everyone he isn't cursed. It looks super shady. He talks about not having time to keep up with the thread, but he has plenty of time to find pictures and and text to them. I think him and Roxy both catching heat put him in a bad stop. If you are in fact a civvie that can't keep up its better to lose you at this point in the game then later. I think he felt persure from his team to come out and say he wasnt faking to see if that can buy him more time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Tangrowth »

Figured that would happen. :rip:

Amazing game, Llama and Russ. Truly. I've loved it.

And fantastic play all around! See you folks at postgame.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace MP. You played great. I owe you one.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Turnip Head wrote:Neither G-Man nor Bass have responded to this particular point I made on Friday night:
Turnip Head wrote:
G-Man wrote:My Day 1 vote was utter shit. It was a 100% uninformed vote. I knew from see other people's posts that Epi usually gets taken out early and he certainly seems like a pretty rash (but probably loveable) guy. From what little I actually did skim, I thought MP was being a mini-JJJ but a little less objective. In the end I voted for Golden only because I had no read on Golden out of the three of them.
Now that's an interesting summary of Day 1, G-Man. You're saying your vote was between Epi, MP and Golden, and you voted Golden for sheer fact you had no read on him. What this fails to consider is the fact that, at the time you voted, Bass had 4 votes:

Bass_the_Clever
JaggedJimmyJay (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), Sloonei (14), Golden (15), MovingPictures07 (17)
28%
Epignosis
No votes
Golden
Turnip Head (4), Metalmarsh89 (5), Dragon D. Luffy (10), Epignosis (11), Elohcin (12), G-Man (16), Bass_the_Clever (18)
39%
MovingPictures07
11%
Bass had 4 votes while Golden had 5. And you voted for Golden because you had no read on him. And yet, Bass' name is nowhere in your hindsight analysis of Day 1. Interesting indeed :ponder:
What am I suppose to respond to?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RIP MP. thanks for the immense effort.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

RIP MP
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Neither G-Man nor Bass have responded to this particular point I made on Friday night:
Turnip Head wrote:

Bass_the_Clever
28%
Epignosis
No votes
Golden
39%
MovingPictures07
11%
What am I suppose to respond to?
Just wondering if you had any thoughts on it I guess.

Your posts about Roxy in this game, specifically at the end of her lynch, felt like you were throwing her under the bus Bass. I know you know how to read her well, you knew she was bad in the Film Directors game. I did not see you pursuing her or questioning her in this game, not until you made a few vague statements about her overall gameplay late in the lynch after it already looked like she was going down and she had already given up. I think you're as bad as your mother was, Bass :mafia:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I really couldnt tell with her this game. Her RL has been crazy so I did not know if that was effecting her game. I'm not bad and I will keep trying to prove it.
Have you been in a game where I was bad before TH? Death Note doesnt count.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hey Bass, besides G-Man which two players do you find the most suspicious?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I really couldnt tell with her this game. Her RL has been crazy so I did not know if that was effecting her game. I'm not bad and I will keep trying to prove it.
WWE, parts of LOST, Doctor Who... Flash... X-Men...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I really couldnt tell with her this game. Her RL has been crazy so I did not know if that was effecting her game. I'm not bad and I will keep trying to prove it.
Okay, you say you couldn't tell. RL might have been affecting her game.

What's interesting is that you never made mentions of these concerns that RL might be affecting her game in her defense.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok I have a little time so let me get in on this. I think TH and Golden 2.0 have made some valid points against Roxy.
Bass's first post about Roxy, just agreeing with me and Golden, no analysis on his part.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok I have a little time so let me get in on this. I think TH and Golden 2.0 have made some valid points against Roxy.
Which points did you think were valid? Do you have a second take on anything that either me or Golden has brought up?
I think her only really calling out people who are going after other people hard is off. I know she sticks up for people in games but thats all she has been doing most of the game. That reads Mafia to me.
TH does Roxy stick up for splints in a lot of games?
Second post about Roxy. Notes what feels off about Roxy, which is just going back to what Golden and I had already said, and he does not qualify it with anything about her RL affecting her or offer any sort of second take on her. He is just agreeing with the points raised. Follows it up by asking me a specific question about Roxy and splints.

Third mention comes after Roxy had already thrown in the towel, likely giving her teammates her blessing to bus:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Lastly, I got a bit of a chuckle at Rox painting my posts as "hostile" and isn't sure whether she deserves it. I don't sincerely believe she thinks that, and I'm all the more ready to vote for her, but I'll at least give her a chance to defend herself tonight.
Idc if you do not think it read as hostile it was hostile and even a bit rude. (shall I pull the quotes?) and more over I am done just lynch me and then lynch you next. I am tired of explaining when all you have to do is read my posts then the roles. Something you are not capable of. All you are capable of is drowning out others with your 1000 questions in your million posts.

I am hot and tired and Idngaf about mafia when people are acting like bullies on a playground instead of playing a GAME that is supposedly fun. Well this game lost its fun so I am done.

Please vote and lynch me.

Thanks and good bye
To me this feels like a baddie thats been caught red handed and just doesn't care anymore.
His vote for Roxy:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Voted Roxy. I think her giving up like she did reads so bad. Then on top of that she self voted. I have seen baddies do this is games before.
Only compares Roxy behavior to that of other baddies; no specific take on Roxy, no defense of any of her actions.

Those are Bass's only mentions of Roxy.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Turnip Head wrote:
Did you see me throw any of my team mates under the bus in those games? I hate throwing team mates under the bus. So why would I change now when it has worked well for me in the past.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Did you see me throw any of my team mates under the bus in those games? I hate throwing team mates under the bus. So why would I change now when it has worked well for me in the past.
That is besides the point. Because you only threw her under the bus after it was too late to save her. You never gave any sort of opinion on her in this game until Golden and I made our cases and Roxy gave up.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Turnip Head wrote:
Okay, you say you couldn't tell. RL might have been affecting her game.

What's interesting is that you never made mentions of these concerns that RL might be affecting her game in her defense.
Bass's first post about Roxy, just agreeing with me and Golden, no analysis on his part.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Which points did you think were valid? Do you have a second take on anything that either me or Golden has brought up?
I think her only really calling out people who are going after other people hard is off. I know she sticks up for people in games but thats all she has been doing most of the game. That reads Mafia to me.
TH does Roxy stick up for splints in a lot of games?
Second post about Roxy. Notes what feels off about Roxy, which is just going back to what Golden and I had already said, and he does not qualify it with anything about her RL affecting her or offer any sort of second take on her. He is just agreeing with the points raised. Follows it up by asking me a specific question about Roxy and splints.

Third mention comes after Roxy had already thrown in the towel, likely giving her teammates her blessing to bus:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Lastly, I got a bit of a chuckle at Rox painting my posts as "hostile" and isn't sure whether she deserves it. I don't sincerely believe she thinks that, and I'm all the more ready to vote for her, but I'll at least give her a chance to defend herself tonight.
Idc if you do not think it read as hostile it was hostile and even a bit rude. (shall I pull the quotes?) and more over I am done just lynch me and then lynch you next. I am tired of explaining when all you have to do is read my posts then the roles. Something you are not capable of. All you are capable of is drowning out others with your 1000 questions in your million posts.

I am hot and tired and Idngaf about mafia when people are acting like bullies on a playground instead of playing a GAME that is supposedly fun. Well this game lost its fun so I am done.

Please vote and lynch me.

Thanks and good bye
To me this feels like a baddie thats been caught red handed and just doesn't care anymore.
His vote for Roxy:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Voted Roxy. I think her giving up like she did reads so bad. Then on top of that she self voted. I have seen baddies do this is games before.
Only compares Roxy behavior to that of other baddies; no specific take on Roxy, no defense of any of her actions.

Those are Bass's only mentions of Roxy.
Dude if I said something llike " oh I think Roxy's game is off because of RL" she would not be pleased with me for putting her stuff out there. You get what i'm saying?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 52

Post by thellama73 »

Bass makes a good point, and I think it doesn't serve much game purpose to continue to discuss Roxy's real life situation. I would prefer if people would refrain from doing so.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Turnip Head wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
That is besides the point. Because you only threw her under the bus after it was too late to save her. You never gave any sort of opinion on her in this game until Golden and I made our cases and Roxy gave up.
Then the same could be said about everyone else who voted Roxy. I'm the one who pointed out that Roxy's post looked like her giving up. Also I voted BR so that would be two team mates I voted for if I were mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Also I voted BR so that would be two team mates I voted for if I were mafia.
this is a point i keep returning to with Bass. it wasn't just that he voted for BR, but that he broke a tie and ensured the mafia player would be lynched. the other candidate was aether, who cannot be mafia if both Bass and G-Man are.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Would make more sense if it was Bass and Aether.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Also I voted BR so that would be two team mates I voted for if I were mafia.
this is a point i keep returning to with Bass. it wasn't just that he voted for BR, but that he broke a tie and ensured the mafia player would be lynched. the other candidate was aether, who cannot be mafia if both Bass and G-Man are.
He literally has the cleanest voting record of any living player. I won't dispute that point.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My rainbow for right now:

Aether
G-Man
Bass
DDL

fingersplints
vomps

Sanmateo
TH
JJJ

Golden
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interactions between/about Roxy and Epignosis
Roxy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i have to take note that Epignosis is active lurking right now. he is aware of the game, seemingly following the game, and contributing nothing to it. at face value and independent of meta (which i cannot know beyond MP's descriptions), i find that suspicious.
Good luck pinning Epi down I think I have gotten his alignment right only when I am bad :p

Also lol at the top posters at this point are seeing each other as good (mostly) (pg 6 standard ppp)
this is probably an insignificant post, but it's relevant. i flung a little RVS-caliber poo at Epi on Day 1 and Roxy dropped in to essentially say that he isn't so easily read. that can be seen as a soft defense.
Roxy wrote:Epi - what kind of game are you playing that you purposely upset a player to the point of them getting upset irl? What was the point of it? What was up with your vote?
this came after Golden 1.0's demise. Roxy questions Epi's approach to the game but doesn't actually lay down an accusation. so in a way it could be called a very mild way to distance herself from him without adding to the pressure on him.
Epignosis wrote:Roxy: I didn't purposely upset anyone. I tried to mitigate the upset feelings multiple times without revealing my ruse, only to see those attempts backfire. I said why I voted for Golden. Twice.
this was Epi's response to Roxy's prod above. he answers the questions without saying anything about Roxy specifically so it's hard to take much from it.
Epignosis wrote:I'm not blaming anyone. Roxy said I was purposely upsetting you. I was not trying to upset you. Therefore I was not purposely upsetting anyone.
same deal really. Roxy is mentioned within a point being made about something irrelevant to Roxy.

~~~

that's really it. these two didn't pay each other much attention in the thread while Epi was alive. that in itself could be called a little suspicious, but it can also be qualified with the fact that Epi's focus during his brief stay in the game was extremely narrow (DDL, MP, and Golden got nearly all of his attention. so this doesn't do much to make Epi look more mafia than he looked before (or more town). at this point i will consider it a bonus if there's only one mafioso remaining because there's not enough data to read Epi beyond the same gut suspicions voiced on Day and Night 1 by a few people myself included.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'd like to see a case presented on aether. I do not suspect her at all. More importantly though I think everyone should ISO read Bass.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:I'd like to see a case presented on aether. I do not suspect her at all. More importantly though I think everyone should ISO read Bass.
At this point, the biggest problem I have with aether is that she fits in to most of my potential teams eg its easier to see Bass/Aether which negates bass's BR vote, I could see G-Man/Aether.

Mostly, I don't want today to be only about G-Man. Although you've already made a good start on that, TH.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”