55%

Total votes: 11
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 118

Re: Guess Who? Mafia

Post by Golden »

Yay! Another great catch with Daisy.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:There you go. I didn't miss the deadline and placed a meaningful vote.
Golden wrote:@epi - what do you think bad daisy would have done in that situation? I don't follow your train of thought here at all.

And MM, you've had literally days to give me a proper response. Your vote has me rethinking slightly though...
What did you mean by this part exactly?
I suspected you and SD were teammates, and the fact you voted against her was influential in my decision to vote for you not her.

I'm now going to have to reread you to consider whether or not I still think you are teammates and you just bussed her early, or not. I felt more inclined to see you as bad than daisy if you are not teammates, but now that I know she is bad, maybe I've been wrong about you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Day 1

Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis (7), nijuukyugou (8), fingersplints (11)

Day 2

Dragon D. Luffy
G-Man (4), Roxy (5), Epignosis (6), Golden (7), thellama73 (8)

With these I would be less suspicious of Epig but not less suspicious of blooper.

When blooper voted I had already stated my intentions to vote TH and he had two votes on him. She did not vote for him day 2. I really need to look at non-voters as well in the first three lynches. That could be another place to hide. Also if you note Llamas vote. He did not vote for DDL day one and he voted for him after it didn't matter on day 2. That and his bullshit attempt at me makes him my biggest suspicion.
See my signature for the answer to your llama suspicion.
I turned sigs off because my internet sucks and I have had troubles loading pages. :blush:
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Ricochet »

Silly Kami... :mafia:
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by fingersplints »

My biggest suspect atm is still llama. I think that Epi is a misguided civvie. I'm also looking at Timmer for reasons stated shortly after Day 1 ended. (His throwaway D1 vote for SD)
I need to revisit this MM/Golden thing.
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 90

Post by thellama73 »

Great work on Spacedaisy, gentlemen! I'm not sure that this clears Black Rock in any way, since she was voting is pure self-defense. EVeryone is welcome to suspect me all they want. I have no objection.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dear Living Players,

Rezz please.

Until next game,

Belsh
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:Great work on Spacedaisy, gentlemen! I'm not sure that this clears Black Rock in any way, since she was voting is pure self-defense. EVeryone is welcome to suspect me all they want. I have no objection.
Can you please explain to me how I defended DDL again. I don't think it was clear to me.
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Black Rock - I am not suspicious of BR. She has done nothing to cause my nose to twitch.

Epignosis - iunno. Epi is hard for me to read. I feel like he is not bad and we are just disagreeing on who is worth lynching.

fingersplints - she has given me no reason to suspect her yet.

Golden - his D 1 thing with me about how I treat new or returning players blew my mind bc we have played together since his first game on STV. When he backed off so quickly it really pinged me. I am stil not sure about him but he is not the top of my list.

Hedgeowl - is playing similar to Dr Who. The old sorry I have not been here in time to vote I will read back and give thoughts later type of game. She is here usually right after lynch so she could be sending in her kill iunno but she has def cricked my eyebrow.

Metalmarsh - has said he has stopped self voting bc it could only work on baddies so many times before they catch on but then goes onto to say he has never caught a baddie this way. It reads like he was caught with his hands in the cookie jar (to borrow the phrase from unfurl).

Missing Person - has pretty much been absent and needs to be modkilled tbh. I did not want to vote for him D 1 but I could now if the host is not brave enough to modkill.

Ninja Blooper - feels like she is trying but idk if it is in a good way. I could go either way with her tbh.

thellama - Ricochet raised a most excellent case on him that he basically shrugged off. I think it has merit and could see myself voting for him.

Timmer - feels civ to me this game.
;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

To llama.

Looking back, BR did not defend DDL. On the other hand, DDL did post a mild accusation here against BR, but immediately backed off here and here.

Linki: Roxy, can you differently explain what you are trying to accuse me of (if that is what you are doing)? I said that the strategy did work. Why are you saying otherwise?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh - yes you pointed to a game where MP was lynched but *you* were not around to help. So how do *you* know it was bc of your self vote? Feels weird that you are taking credit for something that you were not around for.I am suspicious of you bc you are playing different and when asked you point to another game and say "see".
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

It also feels like you are slinging mud at BR for bs reasoning imo.
;)
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

Dear Living Players,

Even though there are five of us hanging around here on the other side, let's just say things have been a little clique-ish. Ever since Spacedaisy got here, she and Dragon have been largely keeping to themselves. I can understand it but I wish there was a little more unity. It doesn't help that TurnipHead is still sleeping on the couch all the time.

Anywho, Ricochet and I have been spending a lot of time together since we're getting the cold shoulder from You Know Who #1 and #2. In an effort to keep things light, we've being working on a comedy routine. We're getting pretty good with the classics, like this one:

As we build up our timing, chemistry, and rapport, we may even tackle some highbrow stuff, like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. Maybe we can even re-write it for The Syndicate and call it Ricochet and G-Man Are Dead. Now that sounds like a winner! We'll keep practicing our duo shtick but we'll be more than happy to make room for whichever one of you will be joining us next.

See one of you soon!

-G
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Coming soon to a mafia game near you.

RICOCHET AND G-MAN ARE DEAD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

For the moment, I feel like I'm in a different play. Something with Waiting for...for... I forgot the last part.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Great work on Spacedaisy, gentlemen! I'm not sure that this clears Black Rock in any way, since she was voting is pure self-defense. EVeryone is welcome to suspect me all they want. I have no objection.
Can you please explain to me how I defended DDL again. I don't think it was clear to me.
Yep. I was referring to this post.
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:RIP TH. "Turnip Head has been put down" sounds way more intense than it actually is.

I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia, but I do agree with the sentiment that inactive civilians make the game harder for the civs.

The other interesting thing is that, in a game with no roles, it almost sounds like there was a tie between DDL and TH. I wonder if there could have been an extra vote going on somewhere in there?
Interesting you would focus on DDL and ignore Missing Person was also mentioned in the same context. I don't think it was a tie as much as story telling.

It reads defensive to me. "WHy are you picking on DLL?" kind of thing. Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but that's how I interpreted it.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:It also feels like you are slinging mud at BR for bs reasoning imo.
A lot of defending going on around here. I don't feel good enough about almost anyone to defend them. :ponder:

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Yep. I was referring to this post.
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:RIP TH. "Turnip Head has been put down" sounds way more intense than it actually is.

I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia, but I do agree with the sentiment that inactive civilians make the game harder for the civs.

The other interesting thing is that, in a game with no roles, it almost sounds like there was a tie between DDL and TH. I wonder if there could have been an extra vote going on somewhere in there?
Interesting you would focus on DDL and ignore Missing Person was also mentioned in the same context. I don't think it was a tie as much as story telling.

It reads defensive to me. "WHy are you picking on DLL?" kind of thing. Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but that's how I interpreted it.
Obviously you don't understand the context of the statement or you're just pretending you don't
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote: Obviously you don't understand the context of the statement or you're just pretending you don't
Agree to disagree.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

fingersplints has been put down by the mafia. It is now Day 4
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:
fingersplints has been put down by the mafia. It is now Day 4
My goodness what a boring choice. This mafia is running scared.

RIP Splints.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Really? No one else? I see I haven't been lynching enough non-participants.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I just got home from work, I can participate with you Llama.

Who are you looking at this lynch?
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by timmer »

I've just reread the Golden/MM posts, and I'm quite ambivalent about them both. Golden is right that MM snipped his post, but MM also seems right that there were logical reasons to do so (he only wanted to comment on one part of the post). I've done this myself though I usually put a (post snipped) type of comment on it.

MM is also right that it's odd that Daisy seemed to refer to MM halfway through a post about Golden in a way that suggested a prior conversation, but I don't necessarily agree that that makes Golden look bad. Anyone could have talked to Daisy in BTSC about Golden and MM. In short, I'm not likely to vote either of them today.
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:I just got home from work, I can participate with you Llama.

Who are you looking at this lynch?
I'm really in a Hedgeowl sort of mood. I am super unimpressed with this mafia. They are not voting to save their members and their kills are lame. I think there is at least one inactive or barely active player among them.

Also, Hedgebaddie is always bad.

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

One thought about DDL. Early on in Day 1, he made a big point of denouncing the idea of voting for in actives, in particular he didn't like the thought of people voting for MP for the missing avatar etc. Would a baddie have defended in actives like that if no one on his team was inactive? I wonder if maybe not. And if not, could it be as simple as Missing Person being that teamie?
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:One thought about DDL. Early on in Day 1, he made a big point of denouncing the idea of voting for in actives, in particular he didn't like the thought of people voting for MP for the missing avatar etc. Would a baddie have defended in actives like that if no one on his team was inactive? I wonder if maybe not. And if not, could it be as simple as Missing Person being that teamie?
Could be! I'd rather kill a Hedgebaddie though.

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Reading back further, the case that was brought out about DDL specifically mentioning that there would be a potential modkill of MP just adds to that. And Daisy suggested that MP should be given at least a day to get settled in, as well, so both of our baddies didn't seem to like the idea of people voting for MP. This may be enough for me to vote him today.

@llama, I'll read back thru Hedge, is there something in particular I should look for?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm, so that didn't take long, lol?

Three posts, every one of them apologizing for missing the vote. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I can see the logic that Hedge certainly should have realized the time constraints of a speed game after the first vote fail, and definitely after the second, but does that make her bad? That last vote in particular was close enough that I'd assume a baddie Hedge would have made an effort to get her vote in, so I read her posts as truly being absent, with a neutral alignment read.

llama, all things considered though, and with this game's particular nature, I'm interested to hear more from you about this.
My siggie.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

RIP splints.

I've been quite busy today and what energy I had I focussed on the RYM game I'm playing because it was in lynch phase.

I suggested yesterday that DDL might have voted for MP instead of self defence because there was some momentum for it in the thread (including at least me having stated I'd vote that way) and thought it might be a good way to bus an inactive teammate and get some civ cred for it if it panned out.

In this vein, I think it is particularly interesting that timmer has discovered DDL denounced voting inactives when, in fact, thats exactly what he went on to do.

I also find llama more suspicious all the time, especially a comment like this one
thellama73 wrote:I am super unimpressed with this mafia. They are not voting to save their members and their kills are lame. I think there is at least one inactive or barely active player among them.
because it has the potential to be so self-serving, especially if it is also true.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sorry Golden, are you saying I'm suspicious for commenting now on stuff from Day 1? Does the fact that I voted for a fairly inactive player on Day 1 somehow mean that I cannot now comment on the things a confirmed baddie said about NOT voting for an inactive? Or am I misunderstanding you? :confused2:
My siggie.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

timmer wrote:Sorry Golden, are you saying I'm suspicious for commenting now on stuff from Day 1? Does the fact that I voted for a fairly inactive player on Day 1 somehow mean that I cannot now comment on the things a confirmed baddie said about NOT voting for an inactive? Or am I misunderstanding you? :confused2:
No, you've completely misunderstood my post there. I'm not sure quite what you are seeing... which bit makes you think I suspect you?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I was agreeing with your case, and thing the day one stuff you've raised is right on point. I think day one is often the best place to find good intel, its where most of the mistakes are made.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote:In this vein, I think it is particularly interesting that timmer has discovered DDL denounced voting inactives when, in fact, thats exactly what he went on to do.
I think this is the sentence that confused you, so let me rephrase it.

I think it is interesting that timmer found evidence of DDL denouncing the voting of inactives. This is because DDL himself ended up going on to vote for one (MP) on that same day.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Yes lol that is exactly the phrase that confused me. I thought"he" meant me. So yes it is definitely am odd vote for him; it feels like maybe he had tried to protect his teammate earlier but now that he was talking on votes he turned on that same person.
My siggie.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Timmer, what is your view on llama?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:Really? No one else? I see I haven't been lynching enough non-participants.

ugh this type of statement makes me not want to play here. I implore everyone to lynch me next.
;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:Metalmarsh - yes you pointed to a game where MP was lynched but *you* were not around to help. So how do *you* know it was bc of your self vote? Feels weird that you are taking credit for something that you were not around for.I am suspicious of you bc you are playing different and when asked you point to another game and say "see".
I was nightkilled Night 2 in that game, and MP stated after the game it was because of my Day 1 self-vote and the reactions I drew from it.

You asked me if the strategy ever worked, so yes I referenced another game. How would you expect me to answer?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:Hmm, so that didn't take long, lol?

Three posts, every one of them apologizing for missing the vote. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I can see the logic that Hedge certainly should have realized the time constraints of a speed game after the first vote fail, and definitely after the second, but does that make her bad? That last vote in particular was close enough that I'd assume a baddie Hedge would have made an effort to get her vote in, so I read her posts as truly being absent, with a neutral alignment read.

llama, all things considered though, and with this game's particular nature, I'm interested to hear more from you about this.
Your points about both SD and DDL defending MP is very persuasive. I've been reading MP as civ, but this is good enough evidence to make me reconsider. I would be down for an MP lynch today.

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I am good with a llama lynch today :)

I think the kills are obv. They are doing them for the wifom, something I often do as a baddie.
;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:I've just reread the Golden/MM posts, and I'm quite ambivalent about them both. Golden is right that MM snipped his post, but MM also seems right that there were logical reasons to do so (he only wanted to comment on one part of the post). I've done this myself though I usually put a (post snipped) type of comment on it.

MM is also right that it's odd that Daisy seemed to refer to MM halfway through a post about Golden in a way that suggested a prior conversation, but I don't necessarily agree that that makes Golden look bad. Anyone could have talked to Daisy in BTSC about Golden and MM. In short, I'm not likely to vote either of them today.
I wasn't talking about Golden though. I asked "Who could have been a teammate to point such a topic out" or something like that.

Do you think it was Golden?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Epignosis »

My vote is still likely to go to Missing Person for the reasons I gave previously and are being reiterated today.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:My vote is still likely to go to Missing Person for the reasons I gave previously and are being reiterated today.
Since you yourself haven't done it, would you reiterate?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:My vote is still likely to go to Missing Person for the reasons I gave previously and are being reiterated today.
Since you yourself haven't done it, would you reiterate?
Here's what I posted.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Golden wrote:Timmer, what is your view on llama?
I'm curious about his vows on Hedge. I could see a situation possible where Llama got to ask a question of the host, asked something like "is a baddie wearing a tiara?" And gor a yes. I could see that. Because all I see from hedges three posts is an absent player.

Apart from that I don't really have much in the way of thoughts.

Most importantly, I am going camping today for a few dais. I MAY have wifi there I'm not sure yet. For now though I am voting MP.
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:
Golden wrote:Timmer, what is your view on llama?
I'm curious about his vows on Hedge. I could see a situation possible where Llama got to ask a question of the host, asked something like "is a baddie wearing a tiara?" And gor a yes. I could see that. Because all I see from hedges three posts is an absent player.

Apart from that I don't really have much in the way of thoughts.

Most importantly, I am going camping today for a few dais. I MAY have wifi there I'm not sure yet. For now though I am voting MP.
I'll join you. I need to make good on my promise from Day 1.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm voting missing person.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I am voting llama.

I do not see him getting enough votes to ask a question tbqf.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Baddie moves are bad.

Nice drive by vote MM.

;)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Catching up. Stand by.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nijuukyugou wrote:Catching up. Stand by.
You're the best, Blooper. :hugs:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”