Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:LOL the hosts are on the poll! Were they before? I don't think so.
Don't vote for me. I have modkills and I'm not afraid to use them.
Also, I think Russ is bad.
NO U! Llama hasn't posted a single suspicion all game. And I've seen him lurking in thread but not posting, multiple times.

Also, I offer my protection to anyone voting llama. A dead llama can't modkill, anyway.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Can I be on the poll?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sorry to have missed the vote I had work and family issues to resolve.

splints made her case from the begining - some said she had tunnel vision otherssaid she was not actively pursuing baddies now suddenly she is bussing someone????

Does anyone read my posts about her?? I am sooooo surprised at MP, he knows her as well as me and should know that this is her civ game. I am not liking what he is saying.
Splints has given us our first mafia in a lynch and you all think she is bad after gunning for BR since Day 1!
:eye: on anyone who srsly ursues her for lynch.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:Sorry to have missed the vote I had work and family issues to resolve.

splints made her case from the begining - some said she had tunnel vision otherssaid she was not actively pursuing baddies now suddenly she is bussing someone????

Does anyone read my posts about her?? I am sooooo surprised at MP, he knows her as well as me and should know that this is her civ game. I am not liking what he is saying.
Splints has given us our first mafia in a lynch and you all think she is bad after gunning for BR since Day 1!
Lolwut
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

No disrespect, Rox, but I don't know where to start in responding to that post.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

@Roxy: not necessarily gonna pursue it, but we gotta consider the possibility. You can't give a player a free pass because the lead a lynch. SPECIALLY when they didn't actually lead the lynch.

I disagree with what MP says about her being 99% baddie. We can't be that sure of that either.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I'll admit I'm exaggerating, I obviously don't know for certain, but I don't see how splints is a civilian here. At all.
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by sanmateo »

Roxy wrote:Sorry to have missed the vote I had work and family issues to resolve.

she didnt *actually* voted for br tho
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Neat.

Now i can really play my game. Prepare to be analyzed everyone. ;)

When i get home at least
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright everyone. I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I just PMed both hosts and asked to be replaced. I haven't read and/or looked at anything since the last time I posted, I won't have a chance to catch up until the end of this week. But I also leave for vacation on Friday, which will probably leave me at no time to spend on mafia stuff. As much as I enjoyed this game, I thought I could handle it with a crazy work schedule. And unfortunately, I cannot. :(

I did briefly skim and see that we got BR as a baddie (w00t! for that), but otherwise that's all I've seen. Good luck civvies and hopefully my replacement fills my shoes well enough! :P
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 269

Post by G-Man »

Russtifinko wrote:
Day 3: Success!

Black Rock has been lynched. She was Ricardo. As a result, taxes have been repealed!!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interactions between/about Black Rock and acrosstheaether
Black Rock wrote:Well I voted for acrosstheaether, nothing else I could do at this point.

When I flip civ I hope you guys gain the info you are looking for on other players.
this was the only post in which Black Rock acknowledged the existence of aether. BR was limited in her discussion of many players, granted.
acrosstheaether wrote:G-Man... why'd you put fingersplints higher than DDL? If I were to do my rainbow right now, I'd prolly switch their positions from those inside your chart.

I get the impression that either fingersplints or Black Rock are mafia, judging by their interactions, and failing both of those, Turnip Head. My non-turnip head would probably implode if there is not one mafioso among those three.
and this is the only post in which aether acknowledged the existence of BR. it seems neither of them saw fit to speak to or about the one another until they were the top two lynch options at the end of Day 3. aether's comment here espouses an understandable perspective (that either splints or BR is likely to be mafia -- even if i think it should include a scenario for both being mafia). but it's the only time she spoke of BR. similarly, aether's content is limited for many players other than BR as well.

~~~

the obvious issue with these two is that they ignored each other the entire game until their lynches were opposing one another. considering though that each of them was low in content in general it's hard to make a great deal of that. i don't think this has a significant impact upon my read of aether.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So I did a quick read of the latest phase.

Splints's vote on aether was REALLY soon in the phase. About 13 hours. It was the second vote in the phase, right after TinyBubbles's vote on Bass.

If she had made that later, I'd see it as a bigger evidence of bussing. Since, after arguing for a BR lynch for days and seeing people wanting to lynch her, not voting for her would be indeed suspicious.

But when splints voted, the BR bandwagon barely existed. Only a few players (TH and JJJ) had voiced their suspicions on BR, and neither had been adamant about it. In fact, at that point the aether lynch seemed like the most likely outcome.

It's quite possible that splints voted for aether because of wanting to pursue a new suspect, and thinking the BR lynch wouldn't become a thing. I've done that before myself as town, so I don't waste too many phases on the same lynch target. It's also possible that, after a day where BR didn't post, splints's suspicion of her just got outdated. She decided a BR vote would require further information and went for a lynch built on more evidence. I should mention again that her initial suspicion was based on a single D1 post, and BR's defenses of it. Maybe splints just didn't tunnel that hard. She started arguing with BR later in the phase, but her vote was already cast at that point.

Of course, none of this proves her as town. It only proves that there's no indication of bussing, but the bussing could still be true. Splints could have just jumped on the aether bandwagon for convenience, then started arguing with BR again to avoid further suspicion.

One question I'd like splints to answer (if she already did, someone please point that out), is why she voted so early in the phase. A later vote could have provived her with more evidence and allowed her to help the BR bandwagon. Was there any reason for wanting to lock your vote on aether so soon?

With that said, I think the possibility of splints bussing on BR is lower than otherwise.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 52

Post by thellama73 »

Effective immediately, Golden 2.0 is replacing birdwithteeth11.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interactions between/about Black Rock and Bass_the_Clever

BR never said anything to or about Bass in any post. Bass didn't acknowledge BR until the gun-to-head reads exercise, in which he named her as town:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:nope. shrinking it.

it is noteworthy perhaps that of the four primary participants in that exercise, Bass was the only one to name BR as a townie.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok so I just caught up and wow. I have a good feeling about TH's case on BR. I feel like it took BR awhile tto come up with a list of who she thought was bad. I think BR gets reads on people quicker then that when civ. It could be because she was sick or it could be because she is bad. I leaning towards the latter.
despite the long silence re: BR and the GTH townie call, Bass joined the aggression against BR at EOD3. he lent his support to the case made by TH, and more importantly he explained what he liked about the case. the timing of this maneuver and reasoning supplied reflect decently well upon him i think. he voted for her in his next post. moreover, his vote for BR was the 4th for her, which put her in the lead over aether after they'd been tied at three for a couple hours. another good reflection.

~~~

i think Bass looks a little better than he did before the BR lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 52

Post by thellama73 »

And for all our players, we have a special treat!

Two of your fellow players have decided to sing a song for you. Please vote on the singer you most prefer by the end of the Night phase.

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

interesting thoughts re: splints DDL. i'll see how i feel about her in light of the BR mafia flip once i get to her in these interactive analyses i am doing. but i would caution anyone out there who is anywhere near "certain" bussing occurred. i think on the surface it's a valid concern, but let's do our homework as a group before we make any moves.

welcome back Golden

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Looking at the list of people who voted BR:

JJJ and TH lead the discussion of BR in this phase.

MP was taking part in the discussion and expressing the possibility of lynching BR. He seemed to be on the fence, and was more willing to vote for aether for a while, but later he decided to vote BR.

G-Man did not take part in any discussion (obviously), but was the first to vote for BR. He did come at a point where BR getting voted as a very high possibility, though.

Now Bass showed up 30 minutes before the phase end, after being absent for the whole phase, and dropped a vote on BR with the following explanation:
Ok so I just caught up and wow. I have a good feeling about TH's case on BR. I feel like it took BR awhile tto come up with a list of who she thought was bad. I think BR gets reads on people quicker then that when civ. It could be because she was sick or it could be because she is bad. I leaning towards the latter.
I do not understand that explanation, considering it's a heavily meta-based one. It would be good if someone could confirm that to me (BR getting reads faster when civ). But the problem is, Bass jumped on a bandwagon at the very end of it with little discussion. That could be a serious case of bussing to me.

Sure, at that point the votes were tied 3-3, which makes bussing a bad tactical decision. But if aether is mafia, then he wouldn't have any choice anyway. Besides, TH and sanmateo were still probably going to vote for BR, so I'm not sure if Bass could have saved BR. And failing to do so would have made him a lock for the next lynch.

With that, I think my opinion on bass is back to neutral, or maybe even slighly mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

to be honest i was [pleasantly] surprised when sanmateo voted BR. i thought he would go with aether.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wait, is that MP singing?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

I'm baaaaaaaack!!!!

Full disclosure: After I died, my one regret was that I'd spent so long expressing my suspicion of epi that I hadn't said the one person I really had a civ vibe on, and that was BR. It's kind of lucky I wasn't around yesterday, because I would have been defending her in the biggest way. Especially in JJJ's gun to head exercise, I wanted to come in to the thread and defend BR so badly right then lol. Can't win em all.

I kept up with this thread as far as sloonei dying but haven't really so much since Omerta began so I need to get back in to it. I could do a quick synopsis of where I was up to in my thinking at that point now? Or you could wait until I've caught up.

First things first, I probably would have gone after TH today, but I think the poll is looking pretty good for him, and a couple of others as well. I'll probably do a lynch analysis as part of my catch up (except that I dare say JJJ will beat me to it :p )
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Big ballin result :beer: See you in the next game BR!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome back, Golden!! I very much look forward to hearing what all you have to say.

See you later, BWT, it was fun playing with you while you were in the game!

I'll try to be as open minded as possible regarding splints, since I realize I got lucky with Elo. Nonetheless, she's my biggest suspect at the moment, before I do any research or Rainbow Reads building.

And yes, that is me "singing". :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sounding good, G-Man. :slick:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This is the most talkative G-Man has been in the entire game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:This is the most talkative G-Man has been in the entire game.
:haha:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Spacedaisy »

to the player responsible for that display, I would like to express my deepest thanks. Blackmail for YEARS to come....! :haha: :feb:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

oh sure, let's leave JJJ out of the singing contest. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:First things first, I probably would have gone after TH today, but I think the poll is looking pretty good for him, and a couple of others as well. I'll probably do a lynch analysis as part of my catch up (except that I dare say JJJ will beat me to it :p )
maybe. :p

but as long as we disagree about at least one thing, it'll all be worth the effort.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:I'm baaaaaaaack!!!!

Full disclosure: After I died, my one regret was that I'd spent so long expressing my suspicion of epi that I hadn't said the one person I really had a civ vibe on, and that was BR. It's kind of lucky I wasn't around yesterday, because I would have been defending her in the biggest way. Especially in JJJ's gun to head exercise, I wanted to come in to the thread and defend BR so badly right then lol. Can't win em all.

I kept up with this thread as far as sloonei dying but haven't really so much since Omerta began so I need to get back in to it. I could do a quick synopsis of where I was up to in my thinking at that point now? Or you could wait until I've caught up.

First things first, I probably would have gone after TH today, but I think the poll is looking pretty good for him, and a couple of others as well. I'll probably do a lynch analysis as part of my catch up (except that I dare say JJJ will beat me to it :p )
You know who should be next!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also that "solo" in the middle of the song was amazing, MP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also that "solo" in the middle of the song was amazing, MP.
LOL, I was hoping at least someone would get a kick out of that. :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interactions between/about Black Rock and birdwithteeth11/Golden 2.0

BR had nothing to say to or about BWT11. this is becoming a frustrating trend, but productive for any members of the mafia team.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.
Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily.

BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
Hmmmmm....

Cop out much with MP? :ponder:
How is that a cop out? There are plenty of other players I am not decided on, but they aren't being talked about. MP was, so I commented that what was the current suspicions being raised about him aren't what I find the most suspicious from him.
I meant it was a cop out because it seems like you're covering your tracks if you decide not to vote for him, or do and he flips civ.

Much like BR did. :D
BWT11 seemed to be accusing splints of hypocrisy here, suggesting that her waffling about MP was comparable to BR's defense/non-defense of MP. if this is to reflect poorly on BWT, then that means one must assert he was trying to lessen splints's suspicion of her with this post (by pointing out her inconsistency of mindset). but i don't think that's what is happening here. BWT is calling splints suspicious for the same reason splints was calling MP suspicious. or at least he calls it a similar reason. and i think that reflects well.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright everyone. I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I just PMed both hosts and asked to be replaced. I haven't read and/or looked at anything since the last time I posted, I won't have a chance to catch up until the end of this week. But I also leave for vacation on Friday, which will probably leave me at no time to spend on mafia stuff. As much as I enjoyed this game, I thought I could handle it with a crazy work schedule. And unfortunately, I cannot. :(

I did briefly skim and see that we got BR as a baddie (w00t! for that), but otherwise that's all I've seen. Good luck civvies and hopefully my replacement fills my shoes well enough! :P
BWT didn't mention BR again until this post-mortem celebratory post in which he also announced his request to be replaced. he missed the vote, so his impact on her lynch was obviously null. this could be called a problem by anyone who is undeterred by his stated reason (being busy). i am not of such a mindset and won't punish him for that. he literally just got replaced after all.

~~~

the lack of content (again) makes it hard to take a stronger stand either way here. but the one pre-vote observation i made was a positive one, so i'll say he looks a tiny bit better now than he did before BR flipped mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interactions between/about Black Rock and Dragon D. Luffy

guess what! BR said nothing to or about DDL. :|
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Black Rock: not much useful activity, but she seems to be the player who likes to comment on little contradictions and say useful things now and then. Not a very productive playstyle, but looks honest to me. Also seems to be having a real problem catching up and being online, so I gotta give her some pass. I wanna see more before making a read, so let's say I'm neutral.
DDL had a busy Day 1. he found time to talk about most players in the game and thankfully BR was no exception. in this post he doesn't really offer a lean on BR, but i won't fault him for that yet. on Day 1 BR was a tough read for most people myself included. the bit i highlighted in yellow interests me because of the candor of the criticism -- i think it's a bit odd for a brand new player in a foreign mafia environment to say something like this about the style of one of the regulars. i don't think DDL meant to be mean or anything, but it'd be groovy if he could explain what he meant here. he found the playstyle non-productive but also honest-seeming. so that's an interesting pair of phrases to throw into a first read of a confirmed mafioso.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also JJJ, I wish I could have took part in your game, but I wasn't online at the time. Is it too late to post my reads? I wanna make some points first though.
by all means, let's see them. no neutrals allowed.

i can't include your reads in the table though. the rapid-fire setup is the whole point.
Alright. I'll try to follow the format some way. Imma vote based on alpha order:

acrossaether: mafia
Bass_The_Clever: town
birdwithteet: mafia
Black Rock: town
fingersplints: town
G-man: town
JJJ: town
MP: town
Roxy: mafia
sanmateo: town
Sloonei: mafia
TunyBubbles: town
Turnip: town
Vombat: town
these are DDL's belated GTH reads. he listed BR as town. he didn't talk much about BR beyond the first post i quoted through Days 1 or 2, beyond mentioning her in passing as a component of thoughts directed at other players.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I agree Black Rock's posts are filled witH OMGUS. Seems like an easy way to pull an argument off.

But I also agree that fingerplints has done some SERIOUS tunenling on Black Rock. It's rare to see such a hard offense on someone because of a single day 1 post which could be interpreted in multiple ways. So honestly I'm not sure if I'd have done any differently in BR's place. You have to confront the person who is doing a witch hunt on you. The whole thing feels so forced I wouldn't be surprised if they were both mafia bussing each other, though.

Her suspicions on Turnip are less personal. I don't think they are really strong though, they seem to be based more on gut feeling than anything. Sure, there's the whole Golden thing, but I think that's such an easy point to make which multiple other people have made before, and not a really strong one. Again, it felt like Turnip was pulling a gambit to make Golden talk. There's also suspicion on Turnip's fake Bubbles vote, which is pretty stupid since he was obviously joking about it, but I guess BR is just the 10h person to fail to notice that (seriously people, look at the poll when you want to analyse votes).
in the latter half of Day 3, DDL started to warm to the idea of BR as a lynch prospect. he agreed with TH and i that BR's self-defenses were ridden with OMGUS but didn't really personalize his suspicion of her. most of this post seems to be anti-splints anyway after the initial support for the growing case against BR. this became a little bit thematic in his EOD3 posts -- when he talked about BR he talked about splints too. which is understandable i think -- the two are clearly linked all over the thread.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Oh that's right, you voted for aether.

I'll probably do the same unless new information shows up, but I doubt that will happen at this point.
despite his growing appreciation for the BR case, he held strong to his earlier stated desires to lynch aether. soon after this post, he voted for aether instead of BR. that vote put aether in the lead 2-1, and at the time i thought it might generate the momentum needed to lynch aether instead. so on that front, i don't like this vote. the degree of suspicion which can be heaped on DDL for this is dependent upon aether's alignment perhaps, but when we don't know that information this equates to negative marks from me.

DDL had a chance to really solidify himself with this vote and did not come through.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Hey G-Man, are you even allowed to write full texts in images like that? :shifty:

I agree other lynches may produce more information. But dunno, I'd give BR a little more time since she was sick last day and we can't really deny that. While aether had all the time to look like a townie and just failed spetacularly at that.

I agree BR looks like a baddie right now, though.
DDL explains his looming aether vote here. he "agrees BR looks like a baddie", but still placed his vote on the player who "had all the time to look like a townie and failed". i think there's a big difference between "looks like a baddie" and "doesn't look like a townie", and it makes a lot more sense to place one's vote according to the former description. the entire concern with an aether lynch was that she'd represent the low-hanging fruit (because of her failure to promote herself, which is not an uncommon townie fault). this discrepancy is a problem for me. DDL should talk about it.

~~~

i think DDL said a lot of the right things about BR, particularly during the EOD3 scenario leading to her lynch. but he did not do the right things, which is more important. so he looks worse than he did before to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:And for all our players, we have a special treat!

Two of your fellow players have decided to sing a song for you. Please vote on the singer you most prefer by the end of the Night phase.

Oh my God, this is one of my favorite mafia moments EVER. You guys both rocked it! :omg: :hyper:

I had to go with G-Man. His performance had everything I desire in a music video: passion, many, many octaves, and wooden blocks spelling his name. However, I also liked MP's a lot.

It should be noted that Nash requested that ANYONE be able to vote in this poll. So hosts, mods, dead, non-players, and anybody else we can round up gets a say. Llama and MM, you guys could place a vote by bolding in-thread, since you already chose the non-vote option in the poll

Spacedaisy wrote:to the player responsible for that display, I would like to express my deepest thanks. Blackmail for YEARS to come....! :haha: :feb:
:haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

I didn't think it was possible, but the videos get even MORE awesome if you play them at the same time! They're almost exactly the same length. Start MP's first, I think, since it's 2 seconds longer. Then just soak it in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

;)
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sounding good, G-Man. :slick:
What do you lack?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

you're my boy G-Man. you should check out this new spoiler feature, it could really suit you in this game. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Russtifinko wrote:Oh my God, this is one of my favorite mafia moments EVER. You guys both rocked it! :omg: :hyper:

:nicenod:

:srsnod:
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interactions between/about Black Rock and fingersplints

this is a huge post so i've enclosed it within numerous spoilers.

BR was involved with splints more than any other player in her post history. so all of the important bits will be covered by default when i look at splints. if anyone is unsure just how focused splints has been on BR in this game: a CTRL+F in her ISO for "BR" currently yields 86 results. she has 85 posts.
fingersplints wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Anyway, I am leaning civ on Epi, Golden, MM, Splints, and Jimmy. I am not sure about San, Sloo, DDL, MP, and BR.
BR's defense of MP definitely caught my eye. Especially in a one mafia set up. If she was bad, I mean he could be a indy but she would know he was more likely to be good.

@JJJ - Golden hasn't played mafia in years, and recently returned. I think he's been killed relatively early in all the games since his return, so that could be why he thinks new players are in danger of being lynched early. Personally, unless one of you slips up bad or something, I do not plan on voting for any of you.
this was the initial post in which splints first raised suspicion about BR's infamous defense of MP. question for the general Syndicateer population: how common is it around here for games to feature more than one mafia team? from my perspective it's curious that splints bothered to mention this stipulation, but if it happens a lot here then nevermind.

this aggression by splints against BR continued almost unchecked until she was finally lynched. so if we're to consider the possibility that splints was bussing BR the whole time, i think we need to consider a few things:

1.) was splints going after BR hard enough on Day 1 to actually encourage her lynch? because Day 1 bussing, while not impossible, is inherently less common and more foolhardy than bussing on any other day phase.

2.) do BR's responses exhibit the character of a mafia player being shelled by a townie or strategically distanced by a team mate? a lot of the bussing theory has been centered on the behavior of splints, but we must also consider how BR reacted.

3.) did splints's behavior change at all relative to the content of other players in the game about BR?

i will weigh the points i make about splints against these points and reference them by number and color.
fingersplints wrote:So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.
Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily.

BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
splints maintained the heat on BR and pledged a probable vote. had this vote actually taken place (splints eventually voted for MP on Day 1) at a time when the lynch was still open before the Golden landslide, then i would think this would be a good example of #1. but that's not what happened. splints's Day 1 pressure against BR was constant and ruthless, but there was never really any likelihood of BR actually being lynched.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 46#p144846 -- this is a link to a huge Sloonei post about splints which includes each of her responses. some highlights:
fingersplints wrote:I think I've been fairly clear about what caught my eye about BR: her defense of MP and then backtracking and saying she didn't defend him. This mafia game only has one mafia team, whereas others have more. So if BR is mafia, she would know if MP is . Sure he could be an indy, but probability says he is a civvie then. In games with two mafias, that would decrease his chances of being civvie. IF BR is bad - that means that MP is a civvie, who she was defending so when he was lynched and revealed as such she would look ok. Or she was defending MP because he is her teammate. I feel much stronger about my BR suspicions then anything else, and I feel like I'd really need to know if I am right before I continue to figure out how she relates to MP.
the underlined bit almost made me jump out of my seat and scream "splints is town everyone!" out my bedroom window. but the second sentence kind of ruins that. i do really like that splints was partially willing to exonerate her other top suspect of Day 1 (MP) in the event of a BR mafia flip. that is suggestive of an objective townie mindset. but she left the caveat laying there to defeat that opportunity, so my excitement is quelled some.
fingersplints wrote:I think you should reconsider who you call wishy washy when you have been drastically up and down in your suspicions. You are pressuring me to name more suspicions. I have and if that isn't good enough for you so be it.

I suspect BR for the defense of MP. A bunch of you didn't suspect it because you trust MP and all suspect Elo, but I understood what she was saying about MP. She wasn't calling him "mean", and I felt she was trying to be tactful about it, but he exploded at Epi and played the victim. (His word choice. Not mine) I feel like BR jumped on that and defended MP. I have been wishy washy about MP because as I said I'm not going to waste a shit ton of time debating how I feel about a player when my read on them is pretty dependant on someone else.

I'm voting BR now.
the yellow highlighted bit reiterates the point i just made and with positive reflection upon splints. hey splints: what do you think of MP right now?

her vote for BR was the only vote for BR that phase (during the landslide lynch of Elohcin). this can be viewed two ways: either she stubbornly forced her vote onto her top suspect regardless of the public shift to Elohcin, or she knew Elohcin would flip non-mafia and distanced herself from result. considering the candor and language of her aggression against BR prior to this, i think it's fair to favor the former possibility here. this recalls point #3 as well. nobody else was keen enough on the BR case at this point to place a vote, but splints didn't change her tune at all in response to that. this can be called classic tunneling (which if true was well-advised tunneling apparently).
fingersplints wrote:You guys really think that both me and BR are bad?

How many baddies do you think there are MP? :p
here's a big meaty WIFOM sandwich.
fingersplints wrote:Also, you accuse me of tunneling when most every suspicion of me has been about my suspicion of BR. If you can figure out a way for me to defend myself without mentioning her I will, but until then yea I am going to have to talk about it a lot. This little Day 1 suspicion probably would have died down, but BR's behaviour and a couple others defense of her make me feel more strongly then ever that I am right.

BR I hope you can at least appreciate it from that perspective.
it's Day 3 now and splints is still going after BR with the same fervor as before. at this point there is a growing case against BR as presented by TH, myself, and others. so this is another example of #3 which i think is decent. no matter what else is happening in the thread regarding BR, splints has maintained a mindset of offense. even when she was defending herself about accusations related to her tunneling BR, she continued to tunnel BR. this is exemplary carefree screw y'all i'm right, deal with it candor and i think it's a pretty positive thing for splints right now.
Black Rock wrote:I don't think it's nitpicking at all. I think putting the word in trust goes a lot further than what I actually said. By saying I defended him and trusted him his misleading. There is a difference in trusting a player and understanding a players actions. If you can't see that then take off the blinders.
here's an example of BR responding to splints on Day 3. her defense is focused on semantics (the meanings of the words "trust" and "defense" in mafia), and i found it uninspired. i highlighted the last sentence before too as looking like indignant mafioso pouting. i think this might reflect decently on splints in that it's not uncommon for mafia players to try to coerce threatening townies with aggressive language like this. a mildly positive application of #2.
fingersplints wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Not anything particularly.

But since you're asking, is there anyone you're suspecting besides BR?
I voted for aether. I made you a list of most to least suspicious. A whole bunch in the middle I don't know if I could really justify why I ranked one higher then the other. just gut feels I guess

Black Rock
Acrosstheaether
birdwithteeth11
Turnip Head
MovingPictures07
TinyBubbles
sanmateo
Dragon D. Luffy
JaggedJimmyJay
G-Man
Bass_the_Clever
Vompatti
Roxy
fingersplints
but... this. w-whu... why...? WHY? this single post is the most important driving force behind the semi-consensus theory of bussing, and i admit it thoroughly confuses me. there was heat on BR at this point. BR was a pretty good lynch prospect. splints was more suspicious of BR than aether. so WHY? augh. after all of the effort splints had exhausted throughout the game to cast suspicion upon BR had gone largely ignored (except to make splints a suspect), the chance was nigh for it to come to fruition.

but she voted for aether. the very quiet player who is always completely unlikely to defend herself if her conduct in this game is any indication. there's nothing i can say about this other than it looks terrible. i really don't get it at all. in the event that aether is also scum this will look a little less terrible, but that's kind of the problem. we'll never know that without actually lynching aether. our hands are forced if we want to examine this problem more deeply.

~~~

there are some good indicators here for splints. her treatment of MP relative to her suspicion of BR looks mostly positive i think. and she was consistent about her suspicion regardless of game circumstance. but the aether vote on Day 3 is a serious blow to this post history and i can't get over it right now. she needs to talk about it ASAP.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meaningful interactions between/about Black Rock and G-Man

i'm going to actually analyze this man. he shouldn't be left out anymore! he is trying to be a part of the game! but it's going to involve lots of spoilers.
Black Rock wrote:How is Gman cursed already?
hey look! there's a BR post about a player i am analyzing! if G-Man is town then he was a very easy target on Day 1. so this post could work in his favor.
G-Man wrote:Image
G-Man provided reads on every player on Day 2. isn't that awesome? so many people didn't do this, but the guy posting nothing but pictures did. he was admittedly on the fence about BR. this won't be a great thing if it's a trend. so we'll see...
he provided another full reads list on Day 3 (seriously, this guy is my favorite). and he listed BR among his baddie suspects. super good!
he eventually pledged that his vote was likely going to land on BR. so did it?
it did indeed. G-Man liked TH's case and dropped the very first vote on BR. it was important too because aether had gotten the early vote and it could have easily mounted against her had someone not gotten the ball rolling on BR.

~~~

G-Man might be my top town read right now tbh.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:to be honest i was [pleasantly] surprised when sanmateo voted BR. i thought he would go with aether.
i didnt tho
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

feeling pretty sure about mp now. i was gonna say i was sure about jay too but i looked thru his history and apparently he said early in the day
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My most likely vote as of now is aether.
was it th's case what convinced you? still i think he's most likely town i'm just being fickle and that bothered me a bit
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Im going to go ahead a vote BR I think she is bad news.
of the people who voted for br, bass is the only one who i think could be scum, only because he does the "yeah good points *votes*"
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Russtifinko wrote:It should be noted that Nash requested that ANYONE be able to vote in this poll. So hosts, mods, dead, non-players, and anybody else we can round up gets a say. Llama and MM, you guys could place a vote by bolding in-thread, since you already chose the non-vote option in the poll
I will vote properly if you rezz me. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sanmateo wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Im going to go ahead a vote BR I think she is bad news.
of the people who voted for br, bass is the only one who i think could be scum, only because he does the "yeah good points *votes*"
what significance do you think there is in the fact that Bass's vote broke a 3-3 tie with aether to give BR the lead?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sanmateo wrote:feeling pretty sure about mp now. i was gonna say i was sure about jay too but i looked thru his history and apparently he said early in the day
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My most likely vote as of now is aether.
was it th's case what convinced you? still i think he's most likely town i'm just being fickle and that bothered me a bit
TH's case influenced me yes. you'll also note the posts i made from my phone that i felt there was more informational promise in a BR/splints lynch than an aether lynch. and i had previously cast suspicion on BR in an ISO and placed her in the "orange" category. aether was also a suspect (also detailed in a Day 3 ISO), but i've struggled to shake the feeling that her behavior is not that abnormal for her as a townie. i alluded to that a couple times during the day. she's a very easy target for the mafia team if she is town, and that's especially important in this environment. none of these people know anything about her and the mafia would thus be even more likely to try to take advantage of her low-content performance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

These song vids are fantastic. Nice game Nash. They were both fun but I'm gonna vote for G-Man, I think he beats MP by a hair :P
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Bubbles »

thellama73 wrote:And for all our players, we have a special treat!

Lol these are great! *standing ovation* :clap:
Btw I guess this is a good time to ask: Has G-man been cursed? Is that why he's only talking in pictures?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”