Total votes: 0
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:My only worry re Eloh is that it would be easy to set her up as a fall guy with an Epi NK. Super easy.
I brought this up earlier. JJJ and MP were the ones to point out that she would benefit from Epi being dead Night 1, and I think that's worth noting.
Worth noting how so? I mean, how does it influence your perceptions?
Well like just now when I mentioned pointing it out earlier that you two were pointing that out earlier, both you and him distanced yourself from pointing it out by saying that you didn't include it in your cases against her. This is true, it's just funny that you seem like you need to disown your statement of her benefiting from Epi being dead Night 1.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't suspect motel room for moving his vote around.
I'd say it's slightly more town-indicative than not, assuming of course that one finds his indecisiveness genuine.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:This is turning into Captain America Civil War I think lol.

I would like you to ask yourself to what end does Ricochet's post such as the below serve from a civilian perspective?
Ricochet wrote:Did I say I am?

You've got nothing to fret about anymore, you can kill whomever you like now, nobody gives a damn.

What a hollow finger-waggy statement to make, right after the very post in which I clearly stated I would

Further to that, Ricochet proceeded to read two players I have a Mafia read of and appeared to give them a Mafia read. Spirityo and Glorfindel.

All thought process that Ricochet has made outside of anything to do with me on day 2 are almost concurrence with my own, aside from his OMGUS reaction to Zebra. So why is he clinging to a Mafia read of me. His logical progression should be rendering a civilian read of me. But he is clinging to it. I consider this reflective of an extreme level of insincerity.

It would not surprise me to find that he has made those two reads of wilgy, lorab, spirityo and glorfindel as legacy in case of his death because one of them, or both, are on his team. In fact it makes a lot of sense that he seemingly randomly chose some players to do that with. I would say he has done that rather intentionally.
I also have mafia reads of sprityo and Glorfindel though, and I know I'm not the only one. And why would Rico's congruence with you naturally indicate that he should evaluate you as a civilian? I think it's possible to agree with someone on suspects and yet still find that person a suspect, as a civilian, right?
Possibly yes, common no.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

*yourselves

linki - Why didn't he state any of those votes in the thread?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My face when sanmateo and BWT are both bad.
Lol, that'd be the worst.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

A tie is a no lynch, right? So we are one vote from that now.

Linki @MP, with all due respect, my opinion is still my opinion. You knowing him better does not make it invalid.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

insertnamehere wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Goddammit INH
It's like we finish each others sandwiches.
:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:My only worry re Eloh is that it would be easy to set her up as a fall guy with an Epi NK. Super easy.
I brought this up earlier. JJJ and MP were the ones to point out that she would benefit from Epi being dead Night 1, and I think that's worth noting.
Well like just now when I mentioned pointing it out earlier that you two were pointing that out earlier, both you and him distanced yourself from pointing it out by saying that you didn't include it in your cases against her. This is true, it's just funny that you seem like you need to disown your statement of her benefiting from Epi being dead Night 1.
I'm not disowning it at all; I'm emphasizing that it is not even remotely close to the reason I am mafia reading her, because it is not. It was merely conjecture, which is how it should be treated, primarily spoken because others were already conjecturing (such as Mac) that others (such as Jay) had the most reason to kill Elo. I disagreed, so I said so.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

Since you all gave me no chance to pre-write, the lynch post will take a few minutes to whip up.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:A tie is a no lynch, right? So we are one vote from that now.

Linki @MP, with all due respect, my opinion is still my opinion. You knowing him better does not make it invalid.
That's all well and good, but it just appeared to me like you didn't even read what I said, especially given I sort of emotionally opened myself up there, so it bugged me a bit. Sorry.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I'm not disowning it at all; I'm emphasizing that it is not even remotely close to the reason I am mafia reading her, because it is not. It was merely conjecture, which is how it should be treated, primarily spoken because others were already conjecturing (such as Mac) that others (such as Jay) had the most reason to kill Elo. I disagreed, so I said so.
I'm just saying what it looks like to me. Time will tell what's closer to the truth.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

G-Man wrote:Since you all gave me no chance to pre-write, the lynch post will take a few minutes to whip up.
Hey, my vote didn't budge for the entirety of the day. :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I'm just saying what it looks like to me. Time will tell what's closer to the truth.
Oh yeah, and that's why I asked. I know you're not me so you have to judge what I say within the confines of the game, that's what you should do. I just wanted to make my thoughts on the matter clear, that's all, especially since it is the mafia's job to misrepresent civilians to make them easier to lynch.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In stark contrast to EoD d1, this has to be the most intense EoD I've participated in since... a long time ago.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

That's all well and good, but it just appeared to me like you didn't even read what I said, especially given I sort of emotionally opened myself up there, so it bugged me a bit. Sorry.
I tend/try to blow off emotional content. I found that based on the person making it, it either makes me trust them OR (and this is more likely) makes me think they are being manipulative. So it was not my intent to dismiss your opening up. It is just how I tend to read things.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oops, I forgot about showing you a few Elo quotes, zebra. Let me try to do that quickly here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I tend/try to blow off emotional content. I found that based on the person making it, it either makes me trust them OR (and this is more likely) makes me think they are being manipulative. So it was not my intent to dismiss your opening up. It is just how I tend to read things.
That's totally fair, thanks for elaborating. Sorry again, I didn't mean any antagonistic tone either if it came across that way. I just wanted to emphasize the intention / content of what I was saying, but I shouldn't have assumed that you didn't thoroughly consider what I said anyway.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Oh yeah, and that's why I asked. I know you're not me so you have to judge what I say within the confines of the game, that's what you should do. I just wanted to make my thoughts on the matter clear, that's all, especially since it is the mafia's job to misrepresent civilians to make them easier to lynch.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oops, I forgot about showing you a few Elo quotes, zebra. Let me try to do that quickly here.
Lol, I'm having trouble just picking a few because my perspective runs throughout nearly her entire ISO. I guess our difference in perspective will be proven accurate or inaccurate based on a flip at this point, unless you want me to continue to try to elaborate. I just don't think it'll be a worthwhile use of time at this point. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Holy shit, seeing that creeped me out. :haha:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oops, I forgot about showing you a few Elo quotes, zebra. Let me try to do that quickly here.
Lol, I'm having trouble just picking a few because my perspective runs throughout nearly her entire ISO. I guess our difference in perspective will be proven accurate or inaccurate based on a flip at this point, unless you want me to continue to try to elaborate. I just don't think it'll be a worthwhile use of time at this point. :p
It's your call, I won't push you to do it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regardless of what happens going forward, just know that all of you are freaking awesome and have made this game incredibly intriguing and enjoyable as hell. This has been a really solid effort from a substantial portion of our player list so far, and it's just awesome. This has been totally worth procrastinating on my paper which I'll now have to stay up all night to work on. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
It's your call, I won't push you to do it.
I just feel like we need more information. It's really interpretation of behavior vs. other interpretation of behavior for us right now with respect to Elo, Rico, etc.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MP I'm not sure why you are even considering whether his policy lynch attempt on me is alignment indicative when he made it obvious he was planning to do it before he rolled his alignment.

I am not voting for him because of that. I am voting for him for all the reasons I have already said repeatedly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:MP I'm not sure why you are even considering whether his policy lynch attempt on me is alignment indicative when he made it obvious he was planning to do it before he rolled his alignment.

I am not voting for him because of that. I am voting for him for all the reasons I have already said repeatedly.
Well, I'd agree that it's compatible with either alignment. I'm judging his behavior as town-indicative when I consider everything he has done in the thread as a whole, which does include his d1 treatment of you -- all behavior that is potentially indicative of his alignment since he had rolled it at the game's start. If that makes sense.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:MP I'm not sure why you are even considering whether his policy lynch attempt on me is alignment indicative when he made it obvious he was planning to do it before he rolled his alignment.

Both MP and JJJ have seemed a bit eager to me to try and make the Rico lynch about less than what it's about. This is why I kept pushing JJJ about the semantics of whether or not he understood the case against Rico, because it seemed like a potentially teammate-motivated exaggeration.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And, that said, let me make it clear that despite agreeing with Jay extensively this phase (which I didn't really feel so much during d1), I still disagree with him on the level of confidence in my town read of Rico, among other things. I have him as a slight town read for a reason; he's certainly not my most confident read.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:

Both MP and JJJ have seemed a bit eager to me to try and make the Rico lynch about less than what it's about. This is why I kept pushing JJJ about the semantics of whether or not he understood the case against Rico, because it seemed like a potentially teammate-motivated exaggeration.
And I feel like you all have been making his behavior as much more than what it really has been. Absolute different threads we're reading here. At least his flip, even if I don't agree he should be lynched, will be potentially quite telling.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Well, I'd agree that it's compatible with either alignment. I'm judging his behavior as town-indicative when I consider everything he has done in the thread as a whole, which does include his d1 treatment of you -- all behavior that is potentially indicative of his alignment since he had rolled it at the game's start. If that makes sense.
So you are saying that it makes sense for a civilian Ricochet to antagonise me after he dropped his policy lynch and continue to infer that I am Mafia without any reasoning for it?

Obviously there is the possibility he was just messing around to troll me, to get a rise out of me, but ultimately I interpret it as nefarious.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And, that said, let me make it clear that despite agreeing with Jay extensively this phase (which I didn't really feel so much during d1), I still disagree with him on the level of confidence in my town read of Rico, among other things. I have him as a slight town read for a reason; he's certainly not my most confident read.
This looks like you're setting up to not be a primary target after the baddie Rico flip.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

So you are saying that it makes sense for a civilian Ricochet to antagonise me after he dropped his policy lynch and continue to infer that I am Mafia without any reasoning for it?

Obviously there is the possibility he was just messing around to troll me, to get a rise out of me, but ultimately I interpret it as nefarious.
It doesn't make sense. I've explained how I see it as compatible and even indicative though.

I can at least fathom why you interpret it that way, even if I think it's a less likely explanation. I still think it's plausible that his behavior is nefarious, but then again, I'd say that's possible of anyone (except me, of course).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Further to that, I find it harder to see a Ricochet who is intending to assist civilians to win the game, would so readily parlay his day 1 silliness into antaganoism and then subsequently into a legitimised read of me. It is easier for me to rationalise it as bad behaviour.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Well let's say he was just trolling you. Considering it greatly outweighed his substantive contributions, that's still anti-town behavior at best.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And, that said, let me make it clear that despite agreeing with Jay extensively this phase (which I didn't really feel so much during d1), I still disagree with him on the level of confidence in my town read of Rico, among other things. I have him as a slight town read for a reason; he's certainly not my most confident read.
This looks like you're setting up to not be a primary target after the baddie Rico flip.
If that was what I am doing, which I am not, then surely I'm not doing a good job of it, precisely due to your post right here. If that's how you interpret my behavior, so be it. I don't know Rico's alignment. I'm defending him for clearly stated reasons and my perspective. I have no knowledge of anyone's alignment but my own.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:Further to that, I find it harder to see a Ricochet who is intending to assist civilians to win the game, would so readily parlay his day 1 silliness into antaganoism and then subsequently into a legitimised read of me. It is easier for me to rationalise it as bad behaviour.
I think your perspective is inevitably colored by your position in the accusation.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Well let's say he was just trolling you. Considering it greatly outweighed his substantive contributions, that's still anti-town behavior at best.
This is exactly my point.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
If that was what I am doing, which I am not, then surely I'm not doing a good job of it, precisely due to your post right here. If that's how you interpret my behavior, so be it. I don't know Rico's alignment. I'm defending him for clearly stated reasons and my perspective. I have no knowledge of anyone's alignment but my own.
Ah the ol' "I'm not dumb enough to post something I'll get called out for" defense. I need something better than WIFOM if you want to sway me otherwise.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Ah the ol' "I'm not dumb enough to post something I'll get called out for" defense. I need something better than WIFOM if you want to sway me otherwise.
Your argument is WIFOM. There's no other way to defend it than with WIFOM. I've been transparent in my thoughts. If you still need clarification as to something specifically, I'd be more than happy to try to assist in explaining my perspective. Otherwise, we're just talking in circles.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's ironic because I've historically been mislynched all the time for posts just like the exact one you've called out here, zebra, and yet I continue to make posts like them (specifically clarifying my exact level of confidence in my reads, which is perceived as nefarious overclarifying or hedging). I apparently never learn.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Your argument is WIFOM. There's no other way to defend it than with WIFOM. I've been transparent in my thoughts. If you still need clarification as to something specifically, I'd be more than happy to try to assist in explaining my perspective. Otherwise, we're just talking in circles.
I'm just trying to get a feel for the details of your position before the flip. What you've said is helpful regardless of which of us is right.

linki - It's more the timing of the post then the post itself mate.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Omg, when is this flip coming... I need to go back to writing but I can't. (Don't take this as a slight against you, G-Man, I know these things take time.)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am flipping between this and the Al Smith dinner.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote: Ah the ol' "I'm not dumb enough to post something I'll get called out for" defense. I need something better than WIFOM if you want to sway me otherwise.
I'm just trying to get a feel for the details of your position before the flip. What you've said is helpful regardless of which of us is right.

That's entirely understandable, and you should. I welcome you all grilling me on things. That's what townie, who don't know my alignment, should be doing. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. If it doesn't, let me know. And I feel likewise about what you've said. The thread has seen a lot of potentially insightful conversations throughout this day period.

How do you mean the timing?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll be right back again.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

NO FUN

It had been a tense day since Epignosis's car and body were found by the warehouses at dawn. Two people dead and no sign of competency from the MFP so far. The people were restless. They eyed the MFP with half-contempt. Their tax dollars paid for all their training, their toys, and their joy rides but they can't produce when it's really necessary? Yeah, that'd piss you off a little bit too.

After killing one of their own and letting the public down last night, the MFP boys were feeling the pressure to produce. Tips were flying in left and right. They wanted to take them all seriously but they were cautious not to get too physical with any of the suspects. No more accidents.

One tip seemed promising. Rather than approach him in the public square, the MFP boys approached Rick O'Shay in the privacy of his auto shop.

"Don't you boys have your own mechanics there at the Halls of Justice?" the suspect asked.

"Yep," one office replied. "We're don't need you to rotate our tires. We need you to rotate your priorities and stop causing trouble."

Another office groaned. "Really, mate? That's the best you could come up with?"

"Shove off," the first office said. "I thought it was mighty clever."

While the officers bickered over the merits of lame quips, Ricochet slipped out of the garage. When the officers finally noticed, a chase ensued. Ricochet managed to evade capture and made his way into the heart of town, where passersby stopped and stared and the fracas.

"Slippery little bastard, this one is" one office complained as Ricochet broke free from his grasp for the fifth time.

"I've had enough of this," the other officer shouted. He grabbed a tire iron and brought it down with a crack on Ricochet's skull. He wilted on the spot, landing face up on the street.

"Dammit," the other officer said, "Fifi told us not to kill this one. Who is he?"

"Isn't it obvious? I mean, we went to an auto shop. His auto shop. He ain't one of them."

"He don't exactly look like one of us though. Looks like the kind of rat that would sit on the fence and side with whoever was winning."

"Maybe, but right now we got to get him off the street. Grab his legs."

------------------------------------------------------------------

RICOCHET has been lynched. He was the GREASE RAT.

You have until 8:00 pm US Eastern time to send me your role PM's.

Effective immediately, QUIN is replacing SANMATEO and cannot be NK'd tonight.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote: Ah the ol' "I'm not dumb enough to post something I'll get called out for" defense. I need something better than WIFOM if you want to sway me otherwise.

That's entirely understandable, and you should. I welcome you all grilling me on things. That's what townie, who don't know my alignment, should be doing. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. If it doesn't, let me know. And I feel likewise about what you've said. The thread has seen a lot of potentially insightful conversations throughout this day period.

How do you mean the timing?
The timing of you clarifying that your baddie Rico read isn't as strong as JJJ's right before the flip. If Rico flips bad, that distances yourself from JJJ and possibly even gives you leverage to turn against him even with as much as you two agreed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: MAD MAX: Night 2

Post by S~V~S »

Well if you're gonna lynch a civvie that's a good one to lynch. Sorry Rico, glad your secrets dies with you :hugs:
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

So Rico was an independent who only needed to be alive to win? That...makes a lot of sense. He wasn't civ-minded, that's for sure.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yeah I guess that could have turned out worse. Welcome aboard Quin. Are you going to be in the top five for posts by the end of the day? :P
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: MAD MAX: Pregame

Post by a2thezebra »

G-Man wrote: GREASE RAT: He looks out for #1 in both business and life. If he is visited (checked/targeted) by a member of the MFP at night, he will be told about it in the morning. If multiple people target him at night, he will be given a list of all their names and he will be told if a member of the MFP is among them but won't know who. If Toecutter's Gang tries to NK the Grease Rat, all of his accumulated information will be shared with them in exchange for his life. He can win with either side but he must be alive at the end of the game to win.
Based on the last part of this description he seems closer to indy than civ, which explains a lot. I'm not happy about this lynch but it could've been a lot worse.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”