Endgame (dead/host/non/mod)
No votes

Total votes: 0
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Re: MAD MAX: Day 5

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:I've never known anybody to trust INH.
neither have I. :sigh:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Quin wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:If anyone is remotely interested in my thoughts, I might start here:

Sloonei: Looked good from the very beginning to me and is one of the few players with whom I've found myself most in agreement in terms of his analysis of our fellow players for a large part of the game. I haven't at any point found reason to question my judgement in this regard In terms of his performance. Contrary to MP's assessment, I don't find Sloonei manipulative at all and I find his comments so far this game to be genuine attempts at seeking the truth.

Day/Night 1.1 After a couple of innocuous introductory posts, he makes off-handed contributions to the Rico/Mac conflagration that consumed Day 1.
1.2 Raises his concern at comments made by INH in response to a post from Epi1.0 on Rico/Mac here and then places his vote on INH.
1.3 Makes an unsolicited reply to a 3J post praising Sloonei's performance in the game so far.
1.4 In response to a post from INH (referred to above in 1.2) querying his comments, MH justifies his concerns on the basis of 'vibes'.
1.5 In this post, the late MP appraises Motel Room's performance in the game and for what it's worth, I think the assessment was both accurate and insightful.

Day/Night 2.1 Questions the legitimacy of DrWilgy's Day 1 nomination of Rico with Mac as a team mate being his principal Mafia reads when his voting mirrored that of Mac's.
2.2 Accuses Rico of being Mafia on the basis of his change of approach for wanting to lynch Mac on Day 1.
2.3 Initial reads and states that he's still perplexed by Rico's behaviour and nominates INH, MP and LoRab as likely Mafia candidates. Offers no opinion on Elohcin but given her rise to prominence, states that he needs to consider her.
2.4 Votes INH.
2.5 Here Motel Room (MR) queries Mac on why he so strongly reads INH as Town and indicates that the view doesn't align with his assessment of INH's alignment and subsequently blatantly asserts Mac's description of INH's wagon as a 'savewagon'.

2.6 Here we have another confrontation with INH on the basis of INH demanding justification for MR's stance on him.
2.7 Votes Rico
2.8 Late in the Day MR changes his vote from Rico to Elohcin and then back to INH and then defends again against INH here.

Day/Night 3.1 In this post, he defends his vote the previous day against questioning by Sloonei and Dom. Mac also reads him solid Town in the embedded post.
3.2 Responds to 3J's ISO on him (where 3J concludes that his vote the previous day had "at least some bus potential"). His response is cool and reasoned stating that his opinion of LoRab's Mafia alignment had cooled and that he still held suspicions against INH.
3.3 Exonerates LoRab here
3.4 Defends against light weight suspicions from Zeb's rainbow list and disputes her reasoning for his place on her list.
3.5 Day 3 GTH reads: Good: Quin, Sloonei, Glorfindel, LoRab, Indiglo, 3J, Mac, MP, DrWigley, and bad: Dom, Sprityo, Zebs and INH.

3.6 Prompted by his GTH read, a protracted argument ensues between MR and Zebs in which MR seems to end up convinced of Zebs guilt.
3.7 Indicates in a post directed towards INH that he is not happy with either his language or tone and subsequently places his vote on him.

Day/Night 4.1 Kudos from 3J on his pick-up in this post.
4.2 Contributes to a 3J assessment of Elohcin's comment on a relationship between alignment and host player replacement priority.
4.3 Queries Glorfindel on his posting style (well, what the HELL is new... :haha: )
4.4 Queries Scotty on his enquiry about Dr Wilgy's votes.
4.5 Questions Indiglo over her frustration and being perceived as Mafia

4.6 Once again, engages with INH asking whether he has any Mafia suspicions other than Glorfindel
4.7 Indicates interest in voting Indiglo or Scotty 2.0
4.8 Queries INH on his assertion that Indiglo is "spooky/scary" who he identifies as INH never having mentioned previously.
4.9 Discusses with Scotty 2.0 a potential relationship based on similar voting patterns between Elohcin and DrWilgy.
4.10 An apparently delayed 'over the bow' shot at Zebs for a remark she made regarding rainbow posting theory.

4.11 States that he doesn't like DrWilgy, Scotty or Indiglo and raises questions about Scotty not voting for INH or Indiglo
4.12 EoD tie debacle remarks.

My verdict here is a fairly solid Town read on MR based on his posts above. I can't say I necessarily see his perspective in regard to his judgements on a number of players but it appears he was correct about MP when there were accusations being thrown around about him. I still believe his suspicions on INH are justified (even if there is a chance that they're wrong). I think (as I've suggested earlier) there is some foundation for those suspicions and no, I don't agree with the camp that believes INH was Silvertongue. I cannot see his reaction on Day 4 aligning to him being that role.
I notice that the conclusion you've drawn from this ISO is almost entirely specific to INH and a now-dead guy. It's also about your own opinion of INH as opposed to an evaluation of your read on motel room based on his INH related content. I think you wanted to make a point about INH but wanted to feign some sort of context behind it. I am concerned.
this is my exact reaction to this post by Glorfindel. (inb4 piggybacking)
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote: What evidence have you that he did? There are 12 other players left in this game and anyone of them (more likely not the five that voted for him) could've made that call. Personally, I'd think his reaction earlier in the Day would suggest that he was not Silvertongue as I cannot see any logical correlation between his role and his reaction. Please don't get me wrong, I am genuinely concerned about the guy but no, I don't think he was Silvertongue. I'd also point out that the use of the pardon ability on himself was not automatic (meaning that he would still have to have notified the host of his intention to apply it) and he wasn't anywhere around for ages before the EoD which again, suggests to me that it was another player who pardoned him.
do you know what happens when you assume, Glorfindel? Because right now, I feel like a giant pair of buttocks.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:That last paragraph is fairly waffly Glorf. You didn't just make that huge post to make yourself look civvie did you?
My most sincere apologies for my lack of clarity, my friend. Please allow me to clarify; I think motel room is Town, I don't share that view of INH.
How is INH alive if he isn't Silvertongue who saved himself?
What evidence have you that he did? There are 12 other players left in this game and anyone of them (more likely not the five that voted for him) could've made that call. Personally, I'd think his reaction earlier in the Day would suggest that he was not Silvertongue as I cannot see any logical correlation between his role and his reaction. Please don't get me wrong, I am genuinely concerned about the guy but no, I don't think he was Silvertongue. I'd also point out that the use of the pardon ability on himself was not automatic (meaning that he would still have to have notified the host of his intention to apply it) and he wasn't anywhere around for ages before the EoD which again, suggests to me that it was another player who pardoned him.
Why would a player with no confirmation of INH's role save him when his role is a potential lynch pardon of him or herself later. Talk about your all time wastes.

INH also vanishing says to me than he submitted his lynch pardon and bailed.
Because, just maybe, someone out there BELIEVED in him. As I think Jay mentioned earlier, this game is a little too tight for comfort. Who knows if they (Silvertongue) would even be around later to use it? I don't expect you to believe this but there ARE players out there who would sacrifice that ability if they genuinely believed INH to be innocent (in their situation, I'd have done that myself for someone who I felt strongly was being railroaded). It has the added chance (probability-wise) of buying us another day so in answer to your question, yes, I still believe it is the most likely scenario.
please name a person in this game other than myself who strongly believed I was innocent and fought on my behalf in the thread. I'd actually really like to meet this person in order to shake their hand.

It's also hard to see a scenario where a person's convinced of my innocence enough to risk making themselves powerless, but not enough to actually defend me in the thread.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Please remember that I have to judge your alignment too.
What kind of weird comment is that last sentence?
Sometimes I get the impression people don't consider that when I'm being told in some way or another that I'm being a ball hog. When I make a post like the one I entered this thread with just now, the intent isn't to be an authoritarian figure and shut down dissenters, but to incite reactions from people who can be bad. I didn't intend for that reaction to be an emotional/personal one though, so perhaps it's my fault for not considering the appearance of the post before putting it down.
Your intent is to incite bad people, but sometimes you can incite egoistic good people too. Just offering this viewpoint because I can be one of those bullheaded people. I just choose not to be incited these days :grin:
the thing about shitstirring is that you often end up with shit on your face.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

LoRab wrote:While I didn't suspect MP, the tinfoil part of me wonders if mafia took one of their own out to throw off everyone's numbers and leave his identity unknown, lol. But given MP's dead comment, and knowing him to be a player of integrity, I don't think he'd make an on topic post, so that makes me feel better. Yup. I'm clearly in the paranoid portion of the game.
that much is patently obvious.
If INH were silvertongue, why would he bother to save himself if he were going to bail from the game entirely? Why not just let himself die if he was no longer going to play?
neener neener.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epi, would you care to explain your Day 1 vote? :grin:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey y'all. Good lynch pick.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:That's just a bit too speculative for my comfort, Matty, regarding what INH may or may not have done with any night actions in his period of frustration. If Silvertongue saved INH, and INH himself wasn't the one to do that -- I can only see one other player in this game who'd be likely to take that action: you. And I only say that now because you're currently promoting the notion that it wasn't him.

I don't recall anyone having enough trust in INH to make that decision. I myself was far from certain about him flipping mafia, but I still wouldn't have stopped the lynch if I could have. I felt it was something we needed to get past. If someone else did save him though don't take this as an admonishment.
I'm genuinely sorry that you see it that way, Jay. I accept your opinion but respectfully disagree. Perhaps someone did have enough trust in INH to make that judgement of him but wasn't prepared to do so publicly :shrug:

Further to the opinions you've expressed about Indiglo's vote today, I would agree that it does look somewhat opportunistic and not a postive point in her favour. You've said that her reaction in this situation is not what you'd have expected based on your experience with her from previous games. She, herself said:
indiglo wrote:I'm not being sour grapes either, because I sub into games all the time - I'm practically a professional sub. I've probably subbed into more games that I've signed up for. I've never gotten this type of reception. Even when I've subbed in for a baddie who slipped up, and I come in as the clean up man. Now that's a tough situation to sub into. This is just an annoying situation to sub into.
Her frustration in this post (and others) speak to her level of frustration that you believe is uncharacteristic of her. Do you have any possible explanations that would justify her frustration given you believe it is indeed uncharacteristic of her?
Further to this post that to this point remains unanswered presumably due to Jay's absence, it would seem to me that Indiglo's frustration was indeed uncharacteristic particularly in terms of her self-proclaimed experience in subbing-in to a wide variety of roles both Mafia and non-Mafia. So that leaves me to ask, what's different this game? I can't imagine she hasn't subbed into a role previously that was already under some suspicion from the game populace? I wonder if there isn't some other factor at play in this game that isn't apparent to most of us. One possible answer may be problems (i.e. irreconcilable differences) with her Mafia team mates :shrug: That is at least one option that may explain her reaction and subsequent behaviour in this game. Accordingly, I'm happy to vote Indiglo for now.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: MAD MAX: Night 4

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:It's pretty difficult not to feel entirely dejected right now, to be honest.
This quote sums up my experience in both of the G-Man games I have played.

I in no way blame G-Man for this.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:By the way, if you all are going to lynch me, just go ahead and make it Day 5 and get it over with. I've been defending myself extensively, and it's clear that I will be an eventual lynch due to POE. I do not want to be the lynch in LYLO, and my schedule is only going to get busier from now until Nov. 11, so just get it over with. I will still defend whatever you all are interested to hear from me, and it is difficult NOT to elaborate immensely in response to zebra's comments against me the past cycle, but I will not waste any time that I actually do have to play this game and will spend more of my concentration on sorting out other players.
why would you NK someone who says this?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote:Epi, would you care to explain your Day 1 vote? :grin:
No.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:At this point a large part of me feels as though there will be absolutely nothing I can do to display my alignment to all of you all, because I feel like I have been putting in 110% effort thus far and been consistently genuine and reasonable. It hasn't gotten me anywhere.
Right now my second biggest regret in this game is not being around to defend MP when he was being convinced not to defend himself.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Epi, would you care to explain your Day 1 vote? :grin:
No.
figured as much. :meany:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

If I had to decide who the person I thought was most likely to be scum right now, it would be Glorfindel.

Anywho, I'm voting motel room, as a part of my new randomization strategy.

PROOF:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

insertnamehere wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:That last paragraph is fairly waffly Glorf. You didn't just make that huge post to make yourself look civvie did you?
My most sincere apologies for my lack of clarity, my friend. Please allow me to clarify; I think motel room is Town, I don't share that view of INH.
How is INH alive if he isn't Silvertongue who saved himself?
What evidence have you that he did? There are 12 other players left in this game and anyone of them (more likely not the five that voted for him) could've made that call. Personally, I'd think his reaction earlier in the Day would suggest that he was not Silvertongue as I cannot see any logical correlation between his role and his reaction. Please don't get me wrong, I am genuinely concerned about the guy but no, I don't think he was Silvertongue. I'd also point out that the use of the pardon ability on himself was not automatic (meaning that he would still have to have notified the host of his intention to apply it) and he wasn't anywhere around for ages before the EoD which again, suggests to me that it was another player who pardoned him.
Why would a player with no confirmation of INH's role save him when his role is a potential lynch pardon of him or herself later. Talk about your all time wastes.

INH also vanishing says to me than he submitted his lynch pardon and bailed.
Because, just maybe, someone out there BELIEVED in him. As I think Jay mentioned earlier, this game is a little too tight for comfort. Who knows if they (Silvertongue) would even be around later to use it? I don't expect you to believe this but there ARE players out there who would sacrifice that ability if they genuinely believed INH to be innocent (in their situation, I'd have done that myself for someone who I felt strongly was being railroaded). It has the added chance (probability-wise) of buying us another day so in answer to your question, yes, I still believe it is the most likely scenario.
please name a person in this game other than myself who strongly believed I was innocent and fought on my behalf in the thread. I'd actually really like to meet this person in order to shake their hand.

It's also hard to see a scenario where a person's convinced of my innocence enough to risk making themselves powerless, but not enough to actually defend me in the thread.
I don't believe that anyone really defended you strongly in the thread, my friend. My point was however, that given that a person who may have pardoned you wouldn't have known for certain that they were right about you and perhaps didn't wish to be implicated were they later be proved to have been wrong, it is actually pretty unlikely that they would've come to your defence at the time (and especially if they were not online at the time of your last posting). It is a moot point now and purely speculation, but to my mind (and I have done things like that in the past myself) I find cynicism that players in this game can act selflessly to be really disappointing.

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Day 1 Epi is dead. He can't explain himself. Epi 2.0 is someone different entirely. It would be highly unethical and against the rules for him to explain anything.
insertnamehere wrote:
LoRab wrote:While I didn't suspect MP, the tinfoil part of me wonders if mafia took one of their own out to throw off everyone's numbers and leave his identity unknown, lol. But given MP's dead comment, and knowing him to be a player of integrity, I don't think he'd make an on topic post, so that makes me feel better. Yup. I'm clearly in the paranoid portion of the game.
If INH were silvertongue, why would he bother to save himself if he were going to bail from the game entirely? Why not just let himself die if he was no longer going to play?
neener neener.
Vote: Inh

Was going to go with indigo, but the neener neener tipped the scale in my ongoing thoughts about Inh.

Off to go see rent. Check in later.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote: I don't believe that anyone really defended you strongly in the thread, my friend. My point was however, that given that a person who may have pardoned you wouldn't have known for certain that they were right about you and perhaps didn't wish to be implicated were they later be proved to have been wrong, it is actually pretty unlikely that they would've come to your defence at the time (and especially if they were not online at the time of your last posting). It is a moot point now and purely speculation, but to my mind (and I have done things like that in the past myself) I find cynicism that players in this game can act selflessly to be really disappointing.
I don't think people are incapable of acting selflessly in this game.

I think believing that I'm innocent strongly enough that you're willing to use a one time lynch stop where if you're wrong you become powerless, but being too afraid of, I guess the Spanish Inquisition, to actually defend me in the thread is moronic, myopic, and utterly selfish.

The more you defend this fallacious thinking, the more you dig yourself deeper for me, I'm afraid.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

LoRab wrote:Day 1 Epi is dead. He can't explain himself. Epi 2.0 is someone different entirely. It would be highly unethical and against the rules for him to explain anything.
insertnamehere wrote:
neener neener.

Was going to go with indigo, but the neener neener tipped the scale in my ongoing thoughts about Inh.

ooh, I love rent. Where are you seeing it at?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

insertnamehere wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: I don't believe that anyone really defended you strongly in the thread, my friend. My point was however, that given that a person who may have pardoned you wouldn't have known for certain that they were right about you and perhaps didn't wish to be implicated were they later be proved to have been wrong, it is actually pretty unlikely that they would've come to your defence at the time (and especially if they were not online at the time of your last posting). It is a moot point now and purely speculation, but to my mind (and I have done things like that in the past myself) I find cynicism that players in this game can act selflessly to be really disappointing.

I think believing that I'm innocent strongly enough that you're willing to use a one time lynch stop where if you're wrong you become powerless, but being too afraid of, I guess the Spanish Inquisition, to actually defend me in the thread is moronic, myopic, and utterly selfish.

The more you defend this fallacious thinking, the more you dig yourself deeper for me, I'm afraid.
You are entitled to your opinion my friend and whilst you consider mine to be 'moronic', 'myopic' and 'utterly selfish', I'd have hoped that you'd at least extend the same courtesy of respect to me. I take your point but as far as I'm concerned if someone were to do that and as you put it, become 'powerless', how would anyone know :shrug: Certainly, it would limit your voting options but who would know? I may very well be off with the pixies with this one but I'd still like to think it were a possibility.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion my friend and whilst you consider mine to be 'moronic', 'myopic' and 'utterly selfish', I'd have hoped that you'd at least extend the same courtesy of respect to me. I take your point but as far as I'm concerned if someone were to do that and as you put it, become 'powerless', how would anyone know :shrug: Certainly, it would limit your voting options but who would know?
I think Silvertongue would figure out pretty quickly that his vote no longer counted, if G-Man himself didn't just come out and tell him.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

insertnamehere wrote:
LoRab wrote:Day 1 Epi is dead. He can't explain himself. Epi 2.0 is someone different entirely. It would be highly unethical and against the rules for him to explain anything.
insertnamehere wrote:
neener neener.

ooh, I love rent. Where are you seeing it at?
The new tour of it is in Delaware. Excited to see it again!!
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion my friend and whilst you consider mine to be 'moronic', 'myopic' and 'utterly selfish', I'd have hoped that you'd at least extend the same courtesy of respect to me. I take your point but as far as I'm concerned if someone were to do that and as you put it, become 'powerless', how would anyone know :shrug: Certainly, it would limit your voting options but who would know? I may very well be off with the pixies with this one but I'd still like to think it were a possibility.
and I also wasn't calling your opinion moronic myopic and utterly selfish, I was calling a theoretical Silvertongue saving me without defending me those adjectives.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by DrWilgy »

Elo analyzed
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It pains me to disparage a lady, but I do believe Elohcin's response to that random vote from her husband was a bit lifeless. Considering she is here to see Neil Hartley live and in the flesh, I know she isn't that bored. The look on her face, it's giving Neil the wrong impression.
:ponder:
So yeah, it was like after midnight when I posted that response to Epi. Maybe that's why it seems lifeless. Last night was my monthly ladies night out and I didn't come home until I had my fill of caramel apple sangria.

I cannot even remember what emoji I used. Wait....I do remember. Was it was "I'm wacko" one :omg: ...I think so. That emoji makes me think of someone being crazy and silly with their post/vote. I actually didn't even look to see he ACTUALLY voted for me. I thought he was kidding at the time. Maybe I ought to vote him back :p But probably not as I might be voting to save myself with it being so close and all.

I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I'll hold off on voting for now.
Eloh explaining something she was called out on. Unless JJJ is Eloh's teammate, I think this may be a good reference for looking into Eloh's general tone for something she has to be careful about i.e. vote reasons and interactions with teammates. All tonal reads that fit this motif shall be the same color.
Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
What's ya beef with the bird with teeth?
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.
Votes are changeable and the day is barely half over. This is not the time to be casting preservation votes. Vote wherever your suspicions are!
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.
A preference of not voting for Mac. Noted.

Oh my goodness! I was thinking days were 24 hours for some reason! I thought I got my vote in like 3 minutes before the bell!!! I wake up this morning looking hard for a host post and everything. GAH! I'm gettin' OLD. Someone save me!!

Okay, I have like 2 pages to catch up on. I am busy today, but I will get there eventually.
This matches the tone I read earlier. Unfortunately I'm having trouble reading into it do to already having too many preconceived notions about Sloonei affecting my thoughts and reads.

Would an exchange between teammates happen outside of btsc in regards to time frames?
Elohcin wrote:
LoRab wrote:Epi expressed suspicion of Elo earlier, which interests me because they read each other well. Would love for him to elaborate on his thoughts.
I seriously thought his actions were a joke or trying to get a rise out of me or something. I think my reaction was what would determine his thoughts of me. Too bad I had to react after midnight after several drinks (when I don't drink often at all). It probably is what started me off on the wrong track for this game.
No longer super suspicious of the LoRab.
Elohcin wrote:The players I will be looking at today are:
Mac - simply b/c other players are finding him suspicious and I seem to be missing the hype. I need to reread him.
Lorab - b/c (no offence) I always see her playstyle as sneaky and bad and I need to decide if it's real or just my predisposition.
Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
and
....not sure who else atm.
I love lists like this. Who wants to bet that one of these 3 vote candidates was mentioned as distancing?
Elohcin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I am interested to see what Elo has to say.

I am placing a vote for spirityo.
Why are you placing a vote for Sprit? Just curious.
This is the last part of Eloh's ISO I'd like to point out. A question that felt out of nowhere, and only one other question that I feel is similar to this is addressing me. Oddly enough I was addressing Mac in that question. This question feels as if it was forced, and im unsure if it was forced by the existance of Mac or Sprityo, but due to my involvement with Mac earlier, I think it is actually Mac that drew this question. I read it as a teammate interaction.

Unfortunately, anyone who was addressed in the orange tone is dead except Sloonei, and I cannot make a tonal read regarding the Slooner. Something to note, is that due to this tone, it may have been originally broadcasted due to interaction with a teammate, however I do not think JJJ and Elo are teammates.

I'll place my vote on Mac. Interesting... I don't think Elo interacted with Indiglo or INH. Oh well.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

Not really hopeful of seeing a Mafia flip on this one considering the complete lack of opposition.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:Not really hopeful of seeing a Mafia flip on this one considering the complete lack of opposition.
indiglo herself isn't protesting the lynch. Why would her teammates?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote:Elo analyzed
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It pains me to disparage a lady, but I do believe Elohcin's response to that random vote from her husband was a bit lifeless. Considering she is here to see Neil Hartley live and in the flesh, I know she isn't that bored. The look on her face, it's giving Neil the wrong impression.
So yeah, it was like after midnight when I posted that response to Epi. Maybe that's why it seems lifeless. Last night was my monthly ladies night out and I didn't come home until I had my fill of caramel apple sangria.

I cannot even remember what emoji I used. Wait....I do remember. Was it was "I'm wacko" one :omg: ...I think so. That emoji makes me think of someone being crazy and silly with their post/vote. I actually didn't even look to see he ACTUALLY voted for me. I thought he was kidding at the time. Maybe I ought to vote him back :p But probably not as I might be voting to save myself with it being so close and all.

I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

Eloh explaining something she was called out on. Unless JJJ is Eloh's teammate, I think this may be a good reference for looking into Eloh's general tone for something she has to be careful about i.e. vote reasons and interactions with teammates. All tonal reads that fit this motif shall be the same color.
Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.
Votes are changeable and the day is barely half over. This is not the time to be casting preservation votes. Vote wherever your suspicions are!
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.

Oh my goodness! I was thinking days were 24 hours for some reason! I thought I got my vote in like 3 minutes before the bell!!! I wake up this morning looking hard for a host post and everything. GAH! I'm gettin' OLD. Someone save me!!

Okay, I have like 2 pages to catch up on. I am busy today, but I will get there eventually.
This matches the tone I read earlier. Unfortunately I'm having trouble reading into it do to already having too many preconceived notions about Sloonei affecting my thoughts and reads.

Would an exchange between teammates happen outside of btsc in regards to time frames?
Elohcin wrote:
LoRab wrote:Epi expressed suspicion of Elo earlier, which interests me because they read each other well. Would love for him to elaborate on his thoughts.
I seriously thought his actions were a joke or trying to get a rise out of me or something. I think my reaction was what would determine his thoughts of me. Too bad I had to react after midnight after several drinks (when I don't drink often at all). It probably is what started me off on the wrong track for this game.
Mac - simply b/c other players are finding him suspicious and I seem to be missing the hype. I need to reread him.
Lorab - b/c (no offence) I always see her playstyle as sneaky and bad and I need to decide if it's real or just my predisposition.
Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
and
I love lists like this. Who wants to bet that one of these 3 vote candidates was mentioned as distancing?
Elohcin wrote:

This is the last part of Eloh's ISO I'd like to point out. A question that felt out of nowhere, and only one other question that I feel is similar to this is addressing me. Oddly enough I was addressing Mac in that question. This question feels as if it was forced, and im unsure if it was forced by the existance of Mac or Sprityo, but due to my involvement with Mac earlier, I think it is actually Mac that drew this question. I read it as a teammate interaction.

Unfortunately, anyone who was addressed in the orange tone is dead except Sloonei, and I cannot make a tonal read regarding the Slooner. Something to note, is that due to this tone, it may have been originally broadcasted due to interaction with a teammate, however I do not think JJJ and Elo are teammates.

I'll place my vote on Mac. Interesting... I don't think Elo interacted with Indiglo or INH. Oh well.
Wilgy I voted for Elo when she was behind 4 to 3. I also did so to take no credit. I could have voted for anyone and achieved the same outcome. How as Mafia can I justify voting for Elo at that juncture? If I was bussing her would I not have made a song and dance routine to get as much credit as possible? Would I even bus a teammate at that point?

You aren't even attempting to read your deeply informed meta knowledge of my scum game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Not really hopeful of seeing a Mafia flip on this one considering the complete lack of opposition.
Is this you actually telling us the answer lol.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

insertnamehere wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion my friend and whilst you consider mine to be 'moronic', 'myopic' and 'utterly selfish', I'd have hoped that you'd at least extend the same courtesy of respect to me. I take your point but as far as I'm concerned if someone were to do that and as you put it, become 'powerless', how would anyone know :shrug: Certainly, it would limit your voting options but who would know?
I think Silvertongue would figure out pretty quickly that his vote no longer counted, if G-Man himself didn't just come out and tell him.
I fear that we're talking about two entirely different things here, my friend... Obviously, Silvertongue would know that his vote would no longer count and yes, I'd imagine that G would formalise that advice in a PM to them but my point was that probably no one else in the game populace would know that his/her vote no longer counted.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
It's me trying to figure you out. You're my #2 suspect. :)
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Keeping my vote where it is.

LoRab, what if INH's response "tipped you" to vote for him? I think it's a strong and true assumption that he is Silvertongue.
Enjoy Rent! I have several friends on it, so let me know if they suck lol
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am groggy and don't know how to think but I see this lynch train is rolling right along. I don't know whether to feel scared or confident about this, but we'll find out soon enough.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:I am groggy and don't know how to think but I see this lynch train is rolling right along. I don't know whether to feel scared or confident about this, but we'll find out soon enough.
:shrug:

In the end, I think Epi is right in that if indi is bad, it would be stupid to stop the tidal wave of she is your partner
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want some brains.
You're looking for the Wisard of Oz. This is Mad Max. Wrong game, bub.
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want some brains.
I'll give u brains alright.
:haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am groggy and don't know how to think but I see this lynch train is rolling right along. I don't know whether to feel scared or confident about this, but we'll find out soon enough.
:shrug:

In the end, I think Epi is right in that if indi is bad, it would be stupid to stop the tidal wave of she is your partner
Yeah exactly. If she's bad the best they could have hoped for today is that we don't uncover any more of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Seems everybody suspects me now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I suspect no one because I'm dead and am unable to do anything.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I suspect no one because I'm dead and am unable to do anything.
this guy's holding out on us
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I suspect no one because I'm dead and am unable to do anything.
this guy's holding out on us
:mafia:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Elo analyzed
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.

Elohcin wrote:
and
Elohcin wrote:

Wilgy I voted for Elo when she was behind 4 to 3. I also did so to take no credit. I could have voted for anyone and achieved the same outcome. How as Mafia can I justify voting for Elo at that juncture? If I was bussing her would I not have made a song and dance routine to get as much credit as possible? Would I even bus a teammate at that point?

You aren't even attempting to read your deeply informed meta knowledge of my scum game.
Did I claim to read that Mac? This was solely off Elo, nothing more nothing less. Judging and justifying the actions of a non-confirmed player is harder than a dead confirmed player. This was all I had time for.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I see that Indiegogo hasn't flipped yet. A shame. I'll be back later.
Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nice.

sorry i missed the vote everyone. I worked all day and fell asleep when i got home.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

I WANNA BE YOUR DOG

Two rookie MFP officers pulled into the station at the end of their shift. All the veterans were running solo but rookies were required to roam in pairs. Safety in numbers, after all. As they parked, an APB was announced over the radio.

"Attention all officers! This is an all points bulletin. Be on the lookout for the person going by the name of Indiglo. This suspect has been determined to be a threat by today's meetings at the Halls of Justice. Consider this suspect armed and dangerous. Proceed with caution. Use force if necessary but keep the paperwork clean."

"Damn paperwork," one of the rookies mumbled. Just then he noticed someone around walking around the side of the station. "Come on," he said to his partner. "Let's have a look."

When they rounded the corner of the building, they saw Indiglo standing on top of a trash can, trying to open a window.

"Hold it right there!" the first rookie shouted, drawing his firearm. Indiglo lost her balance and toppled over the trash can.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" the second rookie barked.

"It's alright boys," Indiglo said, "I'm Commi-"

"Committing a crime," the first rookie said. "Yeah, I can see that plain as day. Not only are you trespassing but you're attempting to break into a police station. Not very bright, are you?"

"Hold up," the second rookie said. "This ain't no ordinary trespasser. Fits the description of that Indiglo they're looking for."

"You're right. Hands in the air, scum!"

"Look, you boys must be mistaken," Indiglo explained. "Friends call me Indiglo but my real name is-"

"Using an alias?" the first rookie balked. "Sounds like something those skag bikers do. And you'd best respect me, chump. I'm an officer, mind you."

"Now you listen to me," Indiglo fumed, "I am Commi-"

"Committing a crime," the first rookie interrupted. "Yeah, yeah, we've established that. See what happens to these skags when they're all hopped up on drugs?" he said to his partner. "They end up repeating themselves over and over. Annoying as hell but sad in a way."

"Now see here!" Indiglo shouted.

"Outbursts, no respect for authority, and completely uncooperative," the second rookie condescended. "That sort of behavior is what we call 'alignment indicative' and compatible with unfriendly status. Hands on your head!"

"Absolutely not!" Indiglo yelled. She raised her arm and pointed at the officers as they closed in. As she did so, one of them grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back. The other brought his pistol down on the crown of her head with a dull crack. She went limp and they carried her into the station, laying her in one of the holding cells.

"Crikey," the first rookie said. "I think she's dead."

"Hit her too hard, did I?" the other replied. "She made an aggressive motion though, so the paperwork should be clean. Right?"

"G'day rookie babies!" a voice called out as the station door opened. It was Jim Goose. "Say, what's Labatouche doing in that cell? Taking a nap is he?"

"Labatouche?" the rookies asked in tandem, dumbfounded.

"Yeah," Goose replied. "Commissioner Labatouche. He's our watchdog. Makes sure we aren't spending too much money. He left his keys here last night so I could stay late to finish my paperwork. I told him I'd leave a window open around back in case no one else was here when he came in to look over the day's files."

"Bloody hell," the first rookie mumbled.

Commissioner Labatouche was indeed their financial watchdog. But now he was a dead dog.

---------------------------------------------------

INDIGLO is has been lynched. She was COMMISSIONER LABATOUCHE.

It is now Night 5. You have until 8:00 pm US Eastern to send me your night PMs.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MAD MAX: Night 5

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:rolleyes:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:derp:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can we lynch Glorfindel next please.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Can we lynch Glorfindel next please.
I'm open to anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

:(
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I'm open to anything.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote::(
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I'm open to anything.
Why shouldn't we lynch you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is Wilgy still a near-consensus suspect as well? Because that approach worked out so well today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”