Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: MAD MAX: Night 11

Post by Sloonei »

I am clueless
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

Dom wrote::sigh:
:bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

:haha:
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

A few people asked me if Sprog really is a toddler in the movie. The answer is yes. Here is a picture of Sprog and Jessie just before they get run down by Toecutter's gang (the catalyst for making Max go mad):
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorry, Dom. Truly.

That the game is not over means there is still a chance we can win, though. I somehow doubt I'll live the night.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

For what it's worth, if I'm still alive at the end of this night, I'm really not sure where to vote. I'm also curious:

@GMan: If there are 2 people left in the game, will a tied lynch still end in no lynch?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

LoRab wrote:For what it's worth, if I'm still alive at the end of this night, I'm really not sure where to vote. I'm also curious:

@GMan: If there are 2 people left in the game, will a tied lynch still end in no lynch?
If there are two people left after the Night Post, then the baddies will win automatically. They have to tie or outnumber the civvies.

Possibly.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Mad Max: Polls

Post by G-Man »

DAY 11

My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

EVIL WALKS

Jim Goose and Barry the Mechanic sat in the MFP garage, drinking beers and telling stories. The town was close to getting rid of these biker freaks once and for all. But they were also close to having the town fall apart. Drinking and chatting were their best coping mechanisms, so that’s what they did. As the moon came out from behind a cloud, the rookies pulled into the garage, their Interceptor making an awful racket.

“Rookie babies!” Goose teased. “Taking top-notch care of your wheels again, are we?”

“Nice to see you too, Goosey,” Rookie One said. “Barry, the transmission is shot and the brakes are spent. Think you can fix them for the morning shift?”

“Can Barry fix it?” Goose declared. “You boys really are green. Barry here can fix any problem, so long as we’ve got the parts, right Barry?”

“That’s right Goose,” Barry said. “But I could use a hand on this one. There's only one backup Interceptor left. Gotta get this baby back in running condition before we let them wreck the only other thing that works tomorrow.”

“I can help,” Rookie Two chirped.

“No, no, no,” Goose said with a wave of his hand. “You've done plenty of damage already for one day. Besides, you rookie babies need your beauty rest, so off with you now. You need to be back here at oh-six hundred. Barry, I’ll run down to the mini-market and grab another six pack. Back in a few, mate.”

As Barry jacked up the Interceptor and took off the front tires, he could hear Goose bragging about his automotive skills.

“You rookie babies will learn fast that Barry is a godsend. Without him, why we’d be duct taping our cars together. I can’t tell you how many times he’s bailed me out of a jam.”

Their voices faded into the night and Barry got to work. He swapped out the brakes in a matter of minutes and started to work his way underneath to look at the transmission. He heard boots walking in from the outside and called out for assistance.

“Hey Goosey,” he said, “can you jack her up a little more. We’ll need extra space under here to get her out.”

He saw the boots walk to the front of the car. He heard the floor jack groan as the car raised up almost another full foot in the air.

“Perfect!” Barry cheered.

What happened next was the exact opposite of perfect, though. The wearer of the boots kicked the bottle jacks out of the way and the floor jack was released with a hiss. The Interceptor’s slammed down on Barry’s torso, crushing everything inside. The pain was so sudden and immense that Barry couldn’t even muster a full cry for help.

Content with one final kill, Bubba Zanetti grabbed a can of paint and a brush from the maintenance cabinet. He had an idea. Something he saw in a movie years before joining Toecutter’s roving band of misfits. He took one last look at the scene and walked off into the night, leaving his handiwork for Jim Goose to discover.

--------------------------------------

LORAB has been killed.

It is now Day 12.

My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Day 12

Post by Sloonei »

Quin is a monster and I hate him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:Quin is a monster and I hate him.
Just you wait for the end game post :feb:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I figured someone had figured out my role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

:sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote::sigh:
I am sorry.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:I figured someone had figured out my role.
It was a toss up. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

For what it's worth this game was a lot of fun and I need to play again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
For real? That's a bummer, why couldn't you have misfired? :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm sorry as well, Dom. I absolutely hate being bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:I'm sorry as well, Dom. I absolutely hate being bad.
Keep telling yourself that. :meany:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
For real? That's a bummer, why couldn't you have misfired? :(
Because of motel room. :nicenod:
motel room wrote:Then Day 3 I had, lets say for now a change of heart about LoRab
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm sorry as well, Dom. I absolutely hate being bad.
Keep telling yourself that. :meany:
I DO!! I lack not knowing things.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I like not knowing things. That makes more sense.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Give us the goods G-Man. Let's get this over with :mafia:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: MAD MAX: Day 10

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote:Please, if yo uwant to win this game reconsider your votes.

I played a shit game and Quin played masterfully. If he's not bad then someone is fooling me hard. He has tried to end this game early on multiple occasions. Am I assuming the worst case? Yes. I want to win. I want us to win. I am a civvie. People could have searched their feelings earlier in the game and found me, but none did. I truly am alone in this game. You have seen a Dom play like crap.

Now, quin has repeatedly avoided the last two (read: all of them but elohcin) baddie lynches. Have I made the right calls always in this game? Heck no. Have I owned up to these mistakes? Yes. Quin has stood by his suspicion of me to try and end this game. He doesn't acknowledge that this is the exact strategy that Epi employed in the Glorfindel lynch. He is bad.
:sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

SEARCH AND DESTROY

Quin rounded the corner and ducked behind a stack of lumber. He panted as his brain tried to figure out what to do next. This last-minute reversal of fortune had him desperate and fearing for his life. The MFP and everyone else left in town was looking for him and he was running out of places to hide. If he could only get to his motorcycle, he might be able to get out of this jam. But there were still three blocks separating him and his ride.

How could it all go so wrong? He killed the MFP mechanic and that just left Jim Goose. It was one on freaking one! How did this happen?

----------------------------

It happened like this:

Quin finished with his paint can and strolled into town like he owned the place. He expected a challenge from Jim "Sloonei" Goose because everyone knew he had a knack for surviving the impossible. Knowing that a tie vote would result in no lynch, Quin toyed with Goose by offering to head over to the Halls of Justice to place their votes, fair and square.

"Why don't we just cast our votes right here?" Goose asked. "Here's a hubcap and two scraps of paper. We both know who we're voting for but let's write the names down anyway. Why go all the way to the halls for that? Besides, there's a few witnesses around. Let them count the votes and make it official."

"Fair enough," Quin said.

Goose wrote Quin's name on his scrap, placed it in the hubcap, and hopped on his motorcycle. He kicked the motor on, revved the engine, and flashed a cocky grin. Quin hated that smirk. He wrote Goose's name on his scrap and tossed it toward the hubcap. Just as Quin's vote was about to reach the hubcap, Goose revved his engine one more time. This one had a surprising amount of oomph to it. The extra blast of exhaust blew Quin's vote wide of the hubcap and the breeze blew it away.

"That's cheating!" Quin yelled as the townspeople closed in. "Where's my vote? Somebody find it and pick it up."

But no one could find Quin's vote against Goose. It was almost as if it had never existed.

"I told 'em Barry takes good care of us. I guess that was a parting gift from my old chum," Goose said as he winked.

"What?" Quin gasped. "No. No, I voted!" He pointed at the townspeople. "You saw it! I was casting my vote. I wrote his name down. You all saw it!"

"Yeah," one man said, "but I only see one vote in the hubcap. If it's not in there, it doesn't count. You lose 1-0."

Before the news sank into the minds of the townsfolk, Quin took off running. If he could get to his motorcycle, he might be able to flee to the safety of the gang.

----------------------------

His cold demeanor shattered by fear, Quin saw a chance to make a break for it across the street and he took it. His head darted back and forth as he ran up the next alley. No one was following him just yet but they were out there looking for him. Two more blocks, he told himself.

He almost stepped out onto the next street when he heard a car approaching. Ducking behind a trashcan at the last second, he evaded detection once more. He peered around the corner to make sure the car was gone. As he jogged across the street a voice cried out.

"There he is! Quin's over here!"

His plan foiled and his cover blown, Quin launched into an all-out sprint. His arms pumped with fury and his legs assaulted the ground as he made his way down one final alley. Up ahead, he could see his motorcycle. Escape was in sight. Freedom was still a possibility.

But in his focus on surviving, Quin forgot to check his peripheral vision. Had he done so, he might have avoided the MFP Interceptor that plowed into him just ten feet from his bike.

"Not bad, rookie babies!" Jim Goose cheered as he arrived on the scene. "Not too bad at all."

---------------------------------------------

QUIN has been lynched. He was BUBBA ZANETTI.

My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Congrats town, specifically Barry :haha:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

wait what
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:wait what
I'll let G-Man explain.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Wait - what? Civvie win? How did that happen?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oooooooh i see
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

great game you guys - really great game

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is my heart about to be crushed?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

RIDE ON

That evening, the rest of Toecutter's gang assembled on the edge of town. They were confused. They saw Bubba's handiwork on the town's 'welcome' sign, renaming it 'HELL' in red paint. But something was obviously wrong, because Bubba's corpse was hanging from the sign with a note pinned on it:

You lose, skags. The next one of you steps into this town gets it between the eyes. We're armed, determined, and ready.

Cheers,

Commissioner Jim Goose
The gang knew better than to wage war on a town without a firm leader guiding them. Instead, they headed east in search of more fruitful pursuits.
--------------------------------

Barry the Mechanic provided Jim "Sloonei" Goose with a protection Night 9 that Goose held onto until now. His -1 vote eliminated a 1-1 tie that would default to a baddie win.

The civvies have miraculously won the game!
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: GAME OVER

Post by Sloonei »

Barry you glorious person, you
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

who was barry?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

WHAT a game. Holy shit I'm still processing that a 1-1 tie ended in a civ win. Has that ever happened?

Good game to all who were involved in the madness at the end there. Very mind numbing- I was biting my fingers til the end
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

GH SHIT

Quin, you were robbed. I'm sorry. If you could get me lynched after the BS you pulled with your tunnel on me for days, you deserved the win.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've never fallen ass backwards into a town win before.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:GH SHIT

Quin, you were robbed. I'm sorry. If you could get me lynched after the BS you pulled with your tunnel on me for days, you deserved the win.
Absolutely. I'll take the win, but Quin was absolutely brilliant. I've wanted to read him as bad in every game we've ever played together and he still managed to fool me from end to end.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Did Quin know he wasn't gonna win?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MAD MAX SPEED MAFIA

CAST:

MAIN FORCE PATROL
MAX ROCKATANSKY-- DrWilgy
FIFI MACAFEE-- S~V~S
JIM GOOSE-- Sloonei
SARSE-- MacDougall
SCUTTLE-- Motel Room
ROOP-- MovingPictures07
CHARLIE-- Scotty
COMMISSIONER LABATOUCHE-- Birdwithteeth11/Indiglo

CIVILIANS
JESSIE ROCKATANSKY-- Sprityo/Scotty 2.0
SPROG ROCKATANSKY-- Dom
BARRY, THE MFP MECHANIC-- LoRab
SILVERTONGUE-- Insertnamehere
MAY SWAISEY-- JaggedJimmyJay
STATION MASTER-- Epignosis
GREASE RAT-- Ricochet

SKAGS
TOECUTTER-- Elohcin
BUBBA ZANETTI-- Sanmateo/Quin
CUNDALINI-- Glorfindel
JOHNNY THE BOY-- a2thezebra/Epignosis 2.0
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

So self-protection was legal?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote:Did Quin know he wasn't gonna win?
At the very end, yes. I gave him the choice of dragging it out or just letting me end it tonight.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

I felt great as a civilian drawing the night kill, which was the only purpose my role served.

I felt less great subbing back in as bad and being unable to really be there for my team.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote:So self-protection was legal?
Yes. And it made for a hilarious post. 3J's role and alter ego made love. I couldn't help myself. :haha:
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote:
Sloonei wrote:So self-protection was legal?
Yes. And it made for a hilarious post. 3J's role and alter ego made love. I couldn't help myself. :haha:
:clap:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This game was an extreme roller coaster. I would change nothing about it. Thank you G-man. Thank you everyone who was involved, especially LoRab.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Too bad lorab isn't here - what a hero. And Quinn, you were brilliant. You guys were a great group, my job was pretty easy. And what a game G-Man. I agree with Scotty, I was biting my nails in the end.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I was almost going to give the baddies the win due to the 1v1 lynch pairings but I had to let the civvies win. Had the win been due to a host mechanic, that would be different. But the -1 vote was the result of an intentional act by a player using her role. To deny the use of that -1 vote protection would amount to telling LoRab her role didn't count at the most important time. Quin and I talked over the ramifications and he was gracious in accepting this stunning defeat after busting his balls the last week or more to reach this point.

Had Quin tried to kill Sloonei, LoRab's protection would have been used instead of Goose's survival ability. That would have thrown us into a full Day 12, with three people left. Quin would have had a chance but it would have been an uphill battle.

The baddies were a phenomenal and it's a shame they couldn't have won. Thank you all for making this a wild and unpredictable game!
:clap:
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”