The Face of Boe (Host,Dead,None)
55%

Total votes: 11
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 118

Re: Guess Who? Mafia

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:I told you Golden was Mafia! I'm really surprised about Epi though.
And I told you I expected you to be lynched, and you got every other vote lol!

The day one vote - I honestly didn't keep it to save DDL, and it was only after I'd cast it that I realised how bad it looked. I really thought it would come back to bite me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I told you Golden was Mafia! I'm really surprised about Epi though.
Dude, you had us feeling RUINED. We thought you had info on Golden the entire time, and we strove to lynch you anyway, knowing we would have to deal with the fallout.

Then you posted that you never got a question and we were like, "OH THANK GOD."
Oh yeah, I was gearing up for showing why it was that you hadn't got a question. Thanks for making that easier.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 90

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
Dude, you had us feeling RUINED. We thought you had info on Golden the entire time, and we strove to lynch you anyway, knowing we would have to deal with the fallout.

I was certain that you would never have allowed such obvious NKs. I see I misunderestimated you again. ;)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also lol at MM having the info to take down Golden but never doing it because timmer was alive.
NKing BR was completely the right move. Good job you two!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Golden played the entire game while only being able to talk to us at 2 times in the day, and not at the phase end.

We had to coordinate the d1 votes and pray for Golden to do the right thing. Thankfully he did. :nicenod:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey DDL

You are now eligible for the champs game :)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I was certain that you would never have allowed such obvious NKs. I see I misunderestimated you again. ;)
Here's a thought: Civilians shouldn't put their cards on the table at night.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:I'm going to go ahead and predict that the baddies get crushed in this game. I hope I am not among their number.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You're slow.
Epignosis wrote:I want to mention this post from sign-ups
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to go ahead and predict that the baddies get crushed in this game. I hope I am not among their number.
and add "Neener neener neener." :p
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

If you remember, first is the worst. second is the best.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Ricochet »

If I wouldn't have been a victim of it, all the WIFOM killing spree would have, in principle, made me doubt a bit that Llama is doing it on purpose and that someone else (like Epi :kadaj:) is messing with it, if only he wouldn't continued to do scummy things, like bantering about how the kills are oh so lame. I've never seen him ever make such comments in previous games (where he was civ or indie all the time) and it kept my belief, even from the sidelines, that he has to be bad all the way until he flipped.

Anyway, all of this is perfect WIFOM material for a future game... whichever future game, which is simply ironic.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:If I wouldn't have been a victim of it, all the WIFOM killing spree would have, in principle, made me doubt a bit that Llama is doing it on purpose and that someone else (like Epi :kadaj:) is messing with it, if only he wouldn't continued to do scummy things, like bantering about how the kills are oh so lame. I've never seen him ever make such comments in previous games (where he was civ or indie all the time) and it kept my belief, even from the sidelines, that he has to be bad all the way until he flipped.

Anyway, all of this is perfect WIFOM material for a future game... whichever future game, which is simply ironic.
Thank God llama and I are hosting the next two. :grin:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually the best player in the game was Sockman, who named the entire scum team on d1 to his fiancé without even reading the thread.

Too bad he wasn't actually in the game. :feb:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Actually the best player in the game was Sockman, who named the entire scum team on d1 to his fiancé without even reading the thread.

Too bad he wasn't actually in the game. :feb:
Figuring out all the socks in Biblical by Day 2.
Blindly naming the entire mafia team on Day 1.

What sorcery is this?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:If I wouldn't have been a victim of it, all the WIFOM killing spree would have, in principle, made me doubt a bit that Llama is doing it on purpose and that someone else (like Epi :kadaj:) is messing with it, if only he wouldn't continued to do scummy things, like bantering about how the kills are oh so lame. I've never seen him ever make such comments in previous games (where he was civ or indie all the time) and it kept my belief, even from the sidelines, that he has to be bad all the way until he flipped.

I like to keep people guessing.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

OMG, I would have also been eligible for Roxy's question, had I still been alive! Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Exactly, that's why I was complaining about the tie one page ago.

You were my shield in this game.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

DharmaHelper wrote:If you remember, first is the worst. second is the best.
Oh my goodness, I LOLed for real. So who's got the hairy chest?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:

Speaking of which, will people please sign up for Frisky Dingo? It's taking forever.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Speaking of which, will people please sign up for Frisky Dingo? It's taking forever.
Since you didn't actually kill me here, I will probably eventually sign up.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Since you didn't actually kill me here, I will probably eventually sign up.
I know, right? I was actually on your side! Weird.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Nah, your compliments and your distancing from my entire case wouldn't have made me feel any better about you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah, how did MP name our entire team on day one? That was so :huh:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

He had about 1 in 2000 chance of doing it lol
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have no clue but you should have seen my reaction when he did. Something along the lines of, "you fucking cheater, who told you?!?" No one did though. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Forthe record Timmer, my timing of my votes were what screwed me but it was due to my work schedule. And my posts on the day I died were all made before I even knew I was dead. So while correct about golden and I being on a team, I intended to cast my vote hoping to live and if I had I would have continued after golden. But I unknowingly missed the vote and was doomed anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Black Rock »

Congratulations. I was going to go after Golden but I was killed a night early. I even tried to leave like I somewhat believed him so maybe he wouldn't kill me. I knew he must be Mafia when Llama turned civ.
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

That was painful to watch play out. Golden, I will now vote for you automatically on Day 1 if there is no obvious baddie slip-up. As with Economics, you being bad only started to make sense to me near the very end. I never pegged Epi as a baddie. Did you guys plan to set up DDL to be steamrolled or did he come by that on his own? Either way, it was the perfect way for Epi and Golden to sink to the bottom of everyone's suspect lists.

I'm glad I was right about DDL and SD but that only helps confirm that I still totally suck as a civvie.

Well done, you two. I am about to pay you the highest compliment I can give in this game: I hate you both. :fist:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote:That was painful to watch play out. Golden, I will now vote for you automatically on Day 1 if there is no obvious baddie slip-up. As with Economics, you being bad only started to make sense to me near the very end. I never pegged Epi as a baddie. Did you guys plan to set up DDL to be steamrolled or did he come by that on his own? Either way, it was the perfect way for Epi and Golden to sink to the bottom of everyone's suspect lists.

I'm glad I was right about DDL and SD but that only helps confirm that I still totally suck as a civvie.

Well done, you two. I am about to pay you the highest compliment I can give in this game: I hate you both. :fist:
G-Man, never forget...

I won in economics because you lynched me day one :mafia:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epi planned to to bus me hard since d1 to gain cred, and I played along. Getting me lynched was not the goal, but we figured out that if I managed to survive long enough it would give Epi enough cred to win us the game in the long term. He was worried the question system would make the game really complicated for us so he wanted to make strategic bussing from the start.

On d2, when I made that slip with G-Man and he voted me, it became clear I was going down. So the team literally threw me under the bus. Again, I just played along.

Golden wasn't bussing me from the start like Epi was, but he did it on d2 after we decided to sacrifice me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't usually plan to bus teammates. I planned Roxy's bus a bit in economics, but it was only because I wanted to hit the ground running with exactly what I have said as civ, I didn't really realise at the time it would result in her lynch. But in that moment bussing DDL was clearly the right thing to do.

Another funny - more or less the first thing I said in the chatroom was "epi and I don't stand a hope in this game. Our avatars are too obvious. Daisy and DDL, it's on you".
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Epi planned to to bus me hard since d1 to gain cred, and I played along. Getting me lynched was not the goal, but we figured out that if I managed to survive long enough it would give Epi enough cred to win us the game in the long term. He was worried the question system would make the game really complicated for us so he wanted to make strategic bussing from the start.

On d2, when I made that slip with G-Man and he voted me, it became clear I was going down. So the team literally threw me under the bus. Again, I just played along.

Golden wasn't bussing me from the start like Epi was, but he did it on d2 after we decided to sacrifice me.
My friend DDL has pretty much summed it up.

Except that we did not literally throw him under a bus.

That would be painful for him.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Black Rock wrote:Congratulations. I was going to go after Golden but I was killed a night early. I even tried to leave like I somewhat believed him so maybe he wouldn't kill me. I knew he must be Mafia when Llama turned civ.
I was always very wary of you. But on that last night epi asked me who I was most worried about and I was very clear - timmer. So you did a good job with that one.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Epi planned to to bus me hard since d1 to gain cred, and I played along. Getting me lynched was not the goal, but we figured out that if I managed to survive long enough it would give Epi enough cred to win us the game in the long term. He was worried the question system would make the game really complicated for us so he wanted to make strategic bussing from the start.

It wasn't that we didn't want to.

Brazil is just a long way away.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote:

f****** English teacher. :P
Golden wrote:It wasn't that we didn't want to.

Brazil is just a long way away.
:scared:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Congratulations. I was going to go after Golden but I was killed a night early. I even tried to leave like I somewhat believed him so maybe he wouldn't kill me. I knew he must be Mafia when Llama turned civ.
I was always very wary of you. But on that last night epi asked me who I was most worried about and I was very clear - timmer. So you did a good job with that one.
You should have killed him.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
:grin:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:That was painful to watch play out. Golden, I will now vote for you automatically on Day 1 if there is no obvious baddie slip-up. As with Economics, you being bad only started to make sense to me near the very end. I never pegged Epi as a baddie. Did you guys plan to set up DDL to be steamrolled or did he come by that on his own? Either way, it was the perfect way for Epi and Golden to sink to the bottom of everyone's suspect lists.

I voted him Day 1 and forgot to do it again. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also lol at MM having the info to take down Golden but never doing it because timmer was alive.
I've felt the fool quite a bit recently in endgames. Flash, RYM 86, this game... I don't know why you all keep my around so long. I've yet to win a game when making it to lylo as a civilian.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I've felt the fool quite a bit recently in endgames. Flash, RYM 86, this game... I don't know why you all keep my around so long. I've yet to win a game when making it to lylo as a civilian.
I'm not making fun of you about the shades thing though, you really had no option. You have 2 people with shades and didn't know who to pick. :P

But yeah, sometimes we have a rough streak in this game. It's okay though, I think you are pretty good at this game.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
We thought he wasn't gonna be active again so early.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
Killing Black Rock is a sin you know. Epignosis is a sinner!!!
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I'm not making fun of you about the shades thing though, you really had no option. You have 2 people with shades and didn't know who to pick. :P

But yeah, sometimes we have a rough streak in this game. It's okay though, I think you are pretty good at this game.
Yes, but I went after llama on Day 4 instead, certainly helped along by others. That was obviously a mistake. Apparently I was the only player with information after your lynch though. :P I can take some comfort in that.

And it appears I was right this last day phase about the voting. It was as I feared, in that one mafia had already voted Hedgeowl while one had not, putting the game out of reach with nothing I could do. I didn't feel great about Epignosis's case on Hedgeowl, but felt even worse about timmer following his vote. I was almost certain at that point that timmer was on a team with nijuu or Golden, but unfortunately, due to them not voting yet, there was no chance of lynching either of them.

So it was either follow the Hedge vote, or try to lynch timmer. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I was apprehensive all morning yesterday that you weren't buying what I was selling, MM, and that you would persuade others to vote Golden.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I was apprehensive all morning yesterday that you weren't buying what I was selling, MM, and that you would persuade others to vote Golden.
I'm sure with timmer following your vote, you felt rather relieved at that point. You also grew rather quiet after your case, but I know you like to discourage others from posting too much after voting, so I didn't think much of it. And I happened to be chatting with Elohcin, and she said you were at the store. :P

Elohcin and I were also talking about the logistics of dropping info into the thread, and how far I could take it. As it ends up, I said too much, so she deleted a post of mine. I was kinda glad she did though. I was treading lightly with my posts because I didn't want to break any rules or take it too far (which I did anyway). Not having to worry about that, I was able to be more assertive.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
If you had killed timmer, Golden would have been the only one left alive with sunglasses. :eek:

Did you guys factor player avatars into your nightkills, or did you just kill people as you seemed fit?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I was indeed out. Buying more beer and dirt. :mafia:

And going to the bank and the hardware store downtown to drop off a package for UPS. Busy day.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 1, we talked a little about killing based on avatars, but decided that killing whomever we deemed likely to win the question was the better strategy. Ultimately, it pretty much came down to taking out whomever was being the loudest at Night.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well in that case, I was as surprised as you were that I got a question on Night 3.

In other exciting news, Cincinnati's Todd Frazier won the Home Run Derby last night. A small consolation for what some would call a dissappointing Reds' season.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

As mafia, were you informed if you got the most votes to ask a question? Did that have anything to do with your case on Hedgeowl?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:Night 1, we talked a little about killing based on avatars, but decided that killing whomever we deemed likely to win the question was the better strategy. Ultimately, it pretty much came down to taking out whomever was being the loudest at Night.
I never get that many votes. I'm not that popular. :mafia:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”