DrWilgy
No votes
Elohcin
13%
nijuukyugou
13%
Sorsha
No votes
Yubaba! Please turn me into a marmot! (Hosts/nps/deads)
73%

Total votes: 15
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 247

Re: Spirited Away Mafia [DAY 7]

Post by G-Man »

Oh my. My re-reads are yielding some very fascinating ideas. I hope I'm right or I'm going to make myself look silly here shortly.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Sorsha »

Dom wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Dom wrote:G-Man, this pivot in strategy is... interesting.

Why do you want to find Yububa today and not Kashira?
Because all of us could be Kashira but only four of us could be Yubaba. Aim small, miss small.
What I'm getting from this is you are KAshira.
His own analysis above doesn't even dismiss him as yubaba, it could have been reflected back to him.

I find it interesting that svs was silenced again today when she seemed to be putting the heat on g-man yesterday. And all of a sudden g-man has the time and motivation to do all this work. Seems like a baddie in end-game mode to me.

I'm also looking at eloh who seems to just be lying lower and lower each day.

Not sure if I'd put niju or eloh higher at this point. I have to study their posts and votes before I decide. Same with Dom but I'm pretty sure he would fall behind eloh and niju.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Why DOM could be bad:

Voting Data-
Day 1- Missed the vote
Day 2- 7th overall and 5th vote on Matt
Day 3- 8th overall and 2nd vote on DrWilgy
Day 4- 6th overall and 1st vote on DFaraday
Day 5- 2nd overall and 2nd vote on DFaraday
Day 6- 4th overall and 1st vote on a2thezebra

Posting observations-

Dom spent most of Day 0 asking questions, mostly of the 'are you bad?' variety. Day 1, he offers very little by way of constructive comments and mostly observes the thread. He throws some shade on both Wilgy and sig but nothing major. He misses almost the entire second real-time day of Day 1, which could be an instance of a baddie, not seeing any suspicion cast on him through the first 24 hours, allowing the thread to proceed in any direction but him. He is then also apparently absent for all of Night 1.

Using some suspicious-looking conversation between Matt (the runner-up train Day 1) and Llama to his advantage, Dom helps plant the seeds for the low-hanging fruit that was Matt while also laying some foundation work on his long-standing suspicion of DFaraday:
Dom wrote:
sig wrote:
Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:D:
SVS should have high self confidence.

Dom, has your questions lead you to any interesting thoughts? I think it's odd that we have all these questions out of you yet no feedback responses.

*Kidnaps Sig*
Unfortuantely not. :/
Matt wrote: @sig dude in like every game we play together, you get lynched early, and whether I'm civ/indy/bad, I almost always say "omg we're lynching sig again? unbelievable". So for me to actually suspect you this early should tell you it's genuine.
This, thought, does catch my eye.

Why yes, my suspicion is genuine, yes it is, genuine indeed.
@Don, what caught your eye? Matt's post or his point on me?

Also what are your current thoughts on the game? Who is the most likely to be mafia.
Just caught up. Sorry I missed the vote, dont' know who I would have voted for.

I would vote Matt right now. That post of his bothered me. He REALLY wanted us all to think that was genuine, but there was no reason to not think it was. I want to try and read back and remember what he and Llama have said to each other.
Dom wrote:Most revealing in Matt's ISO was that he didn't like that Llama was "picking on the noob". Easy way to cast suspicion without actually having anything to suspect Llama for.
S~V~S wrote:I dropped a vote for now on Faraday (Dwarf) becasue his vote for Dom got my eye, and Llamas reaction to him taking a vote also got my eye. Either alone would not have earned a vote, but both? Something a-bbears to be going on there.
I didn't notice he had voted for me. That does strike me as odd, but I'm not sure it makes him bad. Why would he vote for me if that were the case?
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm voting Dom for now, since he seems to be posting a lot without contributing many thoughts.
Here is his vote post. Sorry for the confusion, just *bear* with me.
Yeah, I'm leaning baddie on DFaraday.
Matt wrote:
Dom wrote:I want to try and read back and remember what he and Llama have said to each other.
Not much. When SVS asked me about him, I avoided the question entirely and instead made mention of the greatest mafia team ever in the universe.
Dom wrote:Most revealing in Matt's ISO was that he didn't like that Llama was "picking on the noob". Easy way to cast suspicion without actually having anything to suspect Llama for.
Don't forget I was highly hypocritical by later sussing Wilgette myself, so in a way, my suss on Llama made no sense.

@Eloh - I like where your heads at. Unfortunately, you're wrong. I really hope you don't waste your vote on me all game, but hopefully for you, town will get rid of me today so you don't have to. :(

@Scotty - Ubad
Should we lynch you or DFaraday first?
Dom wrote:
Matt wrote:Haha I totally should but I get annoyed myself when I'm investing so much in a game and then others are barely playing and they use rl as an excuse, just like "whatevs you signed up dude, play". But anyway, yeah, sorry dude, next time I'll post lots more.
so....

was this a btsc slip or nah
In summary, Dom let the rest of the thread build a case against Matt Day 1 and then he stoked the flames on Day 2. He expressed no sorrow or regret for being wrong about Matt.

During Night 2, he calls Quin into question over his vote to tie the poll. Long Con had already been prodding and building a case on Quin that night and Dom fed into it overnight and into Day 3:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:Matt
sig (4), sprityo (6), nijuukyugou (12), Quin (17), thellama73 (19)
23%

thellama73
S~V~S (8), Sloonei (9), Bubbles (13), DrWilgy (18), G-Man (21), DrWilgette (22)
27%

I was looking at the Day 2 poll, and, in the spirit of Quin being a baddie, the vote was 3-3 between Matt and Llama when Quin broke the tie to choose Matt over Llama.

DrWilgy ties it up again, which looks like he's not a baddie. Llama tries to save himself, then G-Man and DrWilgette seal the deal for him, which makes them look pretty good.
I tied it because I wanted G-Man to break it.
haha that sounds fake but ok
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:No it doesn't.
Quin wrote:Ooh, I do not mind the llama or Matt tie at all, no sir.
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
G-Man wrote:I'm no fan of ties
If still tied near the poll's end
I just might break it
For whom are you inclined to break it, oh haiku-one?
No one at this time
Because there is not a tie
But I'll keep watching
I made you a tie
Now whatever will you do
Where is your head at
That wasn't my point.

What was your motive there?
I know that I don't have a lot of room to speak here myself becaue I missed the vote-- but....?
And some more conspicuous DFaraday comments:
Dom wrote:DFaraday where you at
Dom wrote:Dfaraday shows up 3 posts (1 hour) after I call him out for disappearing and then doesn't even respond to me.

:ponder:
He mixed it up with Wily a little but Wilgy never gained traction after it all and has remained on the back burner for people. It does, however, give Dom an excuse to vote away from the Quin train. Dom voted 8th, putting Wilgy one vote shy of Quin but then DFaraday voted next to secure a two-vote margin.

Late in Day 3, during Night 3, and on into Day 4, Dom jumps in to add a nudge to the suspicions of other people while once again reinforcing his ongoing suspicion of Faraday:
Dom wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
G-Man wrote:Voting Wilgy but
I'll be watching as other
Votes trickle in :eye:
Its okay for you to vote late but not anyone else? :eye:
Sorsha has a point.
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm voting Quin because I think his approach towards LC has felt shady, and he made little effort to deefend himself, which kind of read like defeated baddie to me. Also, I don't think Wilgy is bad.
which baddie are you
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Long Con wrote:Faraday never came in to comment. Maybe he's just planning on voting for Dom. :haha:
:fist: I don't even suspect Dom anymore. Right now I'm looking at Eloh and Sorsha, but there are a few other players I don't really recall anything about (Soneji, Sprit), so I'll be reviewing their posts, assuming I don't have to devote all my energy to defending myself.
Why can't you do both?
S~V~S wrote:
Bubbles wrote:DFaraday is not looking good
Bubbles wrote:putting my vote on drwigly for his previous strange behavior (and because i dont know when i'll be next on) fingers crossed we catch another baddie!
??

RIP Wilgette, hopefully you can try again someday :)
this. All of this.
Dom wrote:G-Man what do you think of Sorsha's accusations against you?
Dom wrote:
Sorsha wrote:but I've learned that that's what you get when you vote for Dom :P
LOL :D

Very nice catch up posts, Sorsha!

If no one else wants to lynch DFaraday, I can vote elsewhere. Wilgy? I'd be interested to hear more people's takes on G-Man. His hypocrisy earlier was unsettling to me.
Dom wrote:Ah, yes, Nju-- that's another lynch I could get behind.
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Have you read her posts from earlier today? What are your opinions on them?
Aside from G-Man, her opinions aren't too far off from mine, which makes her look a little better. I'd like to see her follow up more on some of those other suspicions though.
interesting you only have this revelation when svs pushes you.
It's almost like he's looking for low-hanging fruit, yet when Soneji becomes the target du jour he expresses initial surprise but then endorses it:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I'm a pushy bitch.
:hugs: And I love ya for it.

Where did the Soneji votes come from? I don't even remember them.
Dom wrote:Wow I really must have skimmed or forgotten.
Dom wrote:I'll read Soneji once I get out of the shower.
Dom wrote:Reread the Soneji stuff because apparently I forgot it all. :blush:

Yeah, I understand the votes behind him. I'm not sure if I think he looks worse than Nju. Her last post was enough for em to give her another day or so. I still think DFaraday is bad. :shrug:
Note that he winds up voting for Faraday anyway. Is Faraday really that suspicious to Dom or is it a long-game plot to look good once Faraday comes under scrutiny and gets lynched? Here it is almost as if Dom says between the lines, 'Yeah, you guys should totally vote for Soneji but I'm going to vote for the guy I know will flip baddie at some point.'

Day 4 was also the kamikaze vote by Faraday at the end of the day, breaking the tie between Niju and Soneji. Soneji got lynched and Faraday became an instant target, thereby giving Dom an 'I told you so' level of civ clout. It could all be coincidence and Faraday's vote could have been forced by Ani. Or it was a strategic play to thrust Dom into back burner territory, giving him a pass into the endgame stages.

Dom peppers Faraday during the night and lobbies for his lynch Day 5. He even takes a few shots at Zebra Day 5 as people continue to be uneasy with her bold assertions, while also throwing support at a few other popular lynch prospects being floated about at night:
Dom wrote:Very nice of you to call people out for lurking/not posting Zebra when you have offered almost no content at all.
Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Dom wrote:Very nice of you to call people out for lurking/not posting Zebra when you have offered almost no content at all.
I was calling him out for the Long Con vote, actually.

Regardless, you calling people out is quite funny when you yourself have offered little content.
a2thezebra wrote:I see you Bubbles.
Same as above.

You posted 5 times before I mentioned you. You've more than doubled that now.

Nice result. :cool: I wouldn't mind an Elo lynch at all.
Though... I don't trust Wilgy or Zebra.
Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Shoot...
DrWilgy wrote:Ok so this is how it went down according to my knowledge:
S~V~S (6), Dom (7), Sorsha (8), voted DF 3-0

a2thezebra (9) voted LC 3-1

nijuukyugou (10) voted DF 4-1

I voted LC 4-2

DF(11) placed his vote 4-3

Bubbles voted LC, 4-4 then quickly shifted to DF and stopped at spot (12) 5-3

Eloh voted LC 5-4

I voted DF 6-3

So... Key events -
DF was saveable upon his own saftey vote with help of extra votes until Bubbles voted for him.

DF was made saveable when Eloh voted for LC until I moved.

Someone double check this.
Bubbles also looks yikes tbh. Maybe she voted to save DFaraday and her team immediately told her not to.
Day 6, he spends his time considering other peoples' suspects but never offering any of his own:
Dom wrote:I could vote Zebra.
Dom wrote:Sorsha's record suprrises me.
Dom wrote:I thought it was better.
When people are asked to offer thoughts on him, Dom pulls out his DFaraday card, because no baddies have ever done this sort of thing before:
Dom wrote:
G-Man wrote:What do people think
Of Dom? He's been very much
Under the radar
I don't feel like that's very fair considering I think I'm the one that has been pushing DFaraday since Day 1.
Sorsha wrote:
Dom wrote:Sorsha's record suprrises me.
Dom wrote:I thought it was better.
You must not have been paying attention to what DF was saying about me. His entire case was based on my crappy voting.

I had high hopes about zebra joining the game thinking she was going to bring in some fresh eyes and ideas to the discussion. But her interactions with LC yesterday have me thinking she could be one behind his death last night. LC seemed eager about a niju lynch today and zebra argued against it.

Does anyone have any opinion on Bubbles other than "she is always a low poster and gets lynched for it?"

All of Eloh's arguments today are wifom.

And what are thoughts on Dr WIlgy? He was one of my orange reads days ago when I did my rainbow thing... he has toned down quite a bit the past few days but I sometimes find it hard to figure out what are serious suspicions from him and which are bait. This is from last night seems to be a legit one, I think.
I'm not saying I'm about to vote for you. I'm saying the way people have talked about you and such has given me a different mental picture of your votes.
He is then all too willing to talk about lynching Zebra, Eloh or Niju:
Dom wrote:voted zeebs. i could vote nju too.
Dom wrote:
G-Man wrote: I did not miss the
Vote- I was silenced, thusly
Not allowed to vote
I think this only supports the hypothesis that Nju might have killed LC because she's not paying attention.
Which brings us to today, where Dom continues to fan the flames for low-hanging fruit:
Dom wrote:I really don't like the timing of Nju's Matt vote on Day 1.
Or Elo's Day 5 LC vote.

But I get your point.
Dom wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Dom wrote:G-Man, this pivot in strategy is... interesting.

Why do you want to find Yububa today and not Kashira?
Because all of us could be Kashira but only four of us could be Yubaba. Aim small, miss small.
What I'm getting from this is you are KAshira.
In summary, this is a very nuanced theory, involving a very careful and very patient baddie. Dom offered little in original content in terms of suspicions on other players. He kept a running suspicion of DFaraday all game and gladly owned it when it was advantageous. He fed on the breadcrumbs of other players and whispered in our ears offering words of support for lynching other players. Looking back at his post history, you will very seldom find an instance of Dom defending players under suspicion. Long Con and sig both come to mind and they're both dead via NK.

His voting record is average but it's bolstered by the back-to-back Faraday votes. Dom is also fourth in post count, with 106 posts as of this moment. He's here, he's appears to be contributing by way of saying 'yeah, I can see that,' and he hasn't done anything remotely bad. If Dom is one of the last two baddies, he has done an exemplary job at it. He's hidden in plain sight, just like Golden the Coward ;) did in Economics.

I'll post my other write-ups tomorrow. They're more familiar theories and far less nuanced, so they won't take as long.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Dom »

Days of pushing G-Man to respond to suspicions, game is definitely approaching endgame, and now he wants to make cases and respond? OK

I'm not claiming that I get instant civ cred for voting DFaraday and helping build that case. I am claiming that makes me far from under the radar.

I'm sorry your theory is wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Or Elo's Day 5 LC vote.

But I get your point.
Do you think eloh and niju might be the last two?

I can't shake the feeling that g-man is bad though. It seems like you are feeling the same and it looked like svs was poking at him also yesterday.

Wilgy says eloh and g-man too.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:Days of pushing G-Man to respond to suspicions, game is definitely approaching endgame, and now he wants to make cases and respond? OK

I'm not claiming that I get instant civ cred for voting DFaraday and helping build that case. I am claiming that makes me far from under the radar.

Dom, I did not say that I belive the theory I wrote to be true. You're just first alphabetically.

Though I must say, your post would read a lot better without the condescending put-down paragraph that you chose to lead off with. Rather than just state that you're not claiming instant civ cred with Faraday, you choose to cast more doubt on me before I even post my other theories. Amusingly, your dismissive response is actually in line with the rest of my theory.

But anyway, I'll be back in a little bit with my theory on Eloh.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

G-Man wrote:
Dom wrote:Days of pushing G-Man to respond to suspicions, game is definitely approaching endgame, and now he wants to make cases and respond? OK

Dom, I did not say that I belive the theory I wrote to be true. You're just first alphabetically.

Though I must say, your post would read a lot better without the condescending put-down paragraph that you chose to lead off with. Rather than just state that you're not claiming instant civ cred with Faraday, you choose to cast more doubt on me before I even post my other theories. Amusingly, your dismissive response is actually in line with the rest of my theory.

I've expressed doubt over you for days.
Question for you: do you think I'm bad or not?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sorsha wrote:
Or Elo's Day 5 LC vote.

But I get your point.
Do you think eloh and niju might be the last two?

I can't shake the feeling that g-man is bad though. It seems like you are feeling the same and it looked like svs was poking at him also yesterday.

Wilgy says eloh and g-man too.
Yeah, I've been uneasy about GMan for days. You original point against him was a good one. He has consistently voted late to change the outcome of the lynch, yet criticizes others for doing so. I definitely question whether he is civ or not.

I am more suspicious of both Eloh and Nju, but I don't want to get it wrong here.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:
G-Man wrote:

I've expressed doubt over you for days.
Question for you: do you think I'm bad or not?
You expressed doubt about me after other people made more substantive arguments/questions against me.

As to your question, I do not know yet if I think you are good or bad. You will probably not get a good rating out of me, just a lower level of suspicion. The only person that I've felt was civ all game so far is S~V~S, which is abnormal because I usually suspect her by default. She just seems completely genuine this game. She can only be Kashira anyway, so I can focus on the four of you who could be Yubaba today instead.

Admittedly, I have a tendency to look for the most complicated baddie scheme imaginable in a given situation. It's a character flaw and something that gets in the way of me being a more effective civvie. Everyone else has notable voting and participation data that sticks out against them. They are my usual suspects. Of the four who could be Yubaba, you're my Keyser Soze.
My Banners:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Elohcin »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:So... Have we noticed the trend of kills?

They keep murking players that keep the former wagons in tact. Baddies are ok with the way things are going and don't want to see a shift.

Niju must be spared today.
Who isn't okay with lynching Nju but you?
*jumps up and raises hand* Me, me! Ooh, pick me!
Dom wrote:Nju, who do you think we should lymch?

Same question for you Elo.
I feel a bit lost, but I do have thoughts.

Regarding myself, I coasted in the first part of the game, resulting in crappy posting and even crappier votes, and enough suspicion on me to garner votes, thus resulting in my having to save myself rather than think as critically as I'd like (resulting in - surprise! More crappy votes). The one day I was taken off the poll late-game, we caught a baddie. I was able to think more rather than think about saving myself.

The last lynch reminded me a lot of a particular day of BoB when the lynch was down to me and Bass, and Bass lost and came up (rather, "Seemed") civ. I was civ (the non-seeming kind). Either way, the baddies were able to make it so they would "win" either way - Bass voters looked bad because it appeared they lynched a civ, and I looked bad because...well, I was the second choice and appeared to be the "right" option versus the lynched civ. Thankfully, I was not lynched the next day, or any other day after that. I guess what I'm saying is last lynch, though with less people, was between two civs, designed to create a win-win for baddies. I'll keep repeating it: I was whisked off the poll the DF lynch day for good reason. Don't screw this up. Don't be duped.

Regarding others that stand out to me (mostly from the last lynch), Eloh's sideways vote for Sorsha in the last lynch looked sketchy as hell, but considering the actual lynch results, not as sketchy as it looked at the time. It was a way to avoid being on either lynch train, which was odd, but it would also be quite a risk to make herself so visible. Still, it's too close to endgame to brush that aside as impossible, especially considering the sketchy DF lynch day, too.

Sorsha's vote change was weird, too, about the same level of sketchy as Eloh. I understand the reasoning behind it (not wanting to spread too much so late), but it's like the opposite kind of sketchy from Eloh - weird, but also draws risky attention. Vote record is slightly better than Eloh's, however.

G-man looks the sketchiest to me thread-wise, especially in conversing with SVS during and after the last lynch. He waffles like crazy, talking himself in and out of voting (and I may be biased, since I was one of the choices and did not want to die), then immediately speculates after the lynch that he thought zebra was Oshira. SVS comments on this weirdness nicely:
S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Gman "I had her penciled down as raddish bro" but you didn't fight for her?
I didn't want to
Give the baddies any clues
If she was Radish
But you were OK with her being dead, so long as any of the baddies had no clues about her role?

When you & I were talking, I clearly said I was considering a vote for her and you did not try to talk me out of it. You actually said this:
G-Man wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You feel so helpless you don't have an opinion?
I feel helpless 'cause
Both Zebra and Niju are
Just 50-50

I like a little
More certainty when I vote
Even if I'm wrong
Granted, he did vote me instead :fist: , but the reasoning with not talking SVS out of it is weird. So weird. More subtly weird than the sketchy votes above, at least IMO, like he was backtracking? Like he was trying to sound/look helpful, but then having it shut down by SVS and Wilgy. Vote record is slightly better than Eloh's, but behavior is weirder and is making me itchy. He nicely avoided the last lynch in the end, too. Hmm...

As for others that don't stand out as much as bad, Dom voted first on zebra, which could be bad, but his going after DF throughout the game looks good. Wilgy acts weird, and I waffle between his being the Stink Spirit and bad (the voting behavior and tone is certainly not civ, or any civ I've ever seen), but he's not giving me the same vibes as those above. SVS has been bear-ified twice. Sure, this could be major baddie team self-targeting, but that seems a little overkill...

Argh. This is aggravating, and I feel like I'm starting to ramble, so I'm gonna stop. At this point, I'm most likely to vote Eloh (for behavior last two votes/vote record throughout the game) or G-man (for behavior stated and votes), followed by Sorsha. The others are tinfoil suspicions to the max. I'm hoping I don't have to try saving myself again, but that's likely, considering the conversations in the thread. But those are my thoughts. I'm gonna go ahead and put a vote on G-Man, after talking myself through that. I'll return at some point, tomorrow for sure, but now I've spent too long on this site and should probably do other things.
Look who's gettin' all involved now that she my be voted for and lynched. :eye:

So I know this is an ignorant question, but (you have to understand that I've not really been coherent for the past 4 days. As I said before, a sickness overtook our home and we were all completely out of it, in pain, and sleeping over half the time. We are all finally on the mend, able to eat now a little bit but still coughing our heads off.) how many baddies are left? I am thinking, Niju, Dom, and if there is another, I am going back to my original Wilgy.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Why Elohcin could be bad:

Voting Data-
Day 1- 10th overall and 1st vote on DrWilgy
Day 2- 3rd overall and 2nd vote on Matt
Day 3- 6th overall and 1st vote on DrWilgy
Day 4- 8th overall and 3rd vote on Niju
Day 5- 8th overall and 3rd vote on Long Con
Day 6- 6th overall and 1st vote on Sorsha

Rather than tagging along late with any lynch trains, Eloh has chosen to vote sideways a few times. Her Day 1 vote could be something of a throw-away but she was mid-pack. Wilgy took som heat for his aggressiveness but that never translated into more than Eloh's vote.

Her vote on Matt Day 2 actually starts to look fairly innocent. She made it 2-1 in favor of Matt over DrWilgetter (who didn't get any more votes. Elohcin herself became the counter-wagon, though this came after Matt already had a commanding 4-vote lead. Faraday took the opportunistic baddie route and voted for Eloh, keeping him off of Matt's train. In such a situation, baddies will vote for teammates to help them look good for later.

Eloh's Day 3 vote spread things out to a fifth option, coming back to DrWilgy. It could be a ploy to stay off the Quin train (which kept blood off her hands for a third straight day) but she had already voted for Wilgy once and continued to be wary of him.

Day 4, she voted late-mid pack for Niju. This keeps her off of the Soneji train, steering her away from yet another mislynch. Until Faraday peeled off of Niju in favor of Dom, the vote was tied. Both Niju and Soneji were being suspected hard that day, so baddie Eloh could have been playing it safe by voting for the other heat-taking civ to tie things up or she could have been playing strategically to vote for a baddie teammate that looked like she might be going down. Had Niju been lynched and flipped baddie, we would be talking very differently about Eloh, if even at all.

On Day 5, Eloh makes a most peculiar vote for Long Con instead of Faraday, who looked like a flailing baddie at that point. To Eloh's credit, Zebra also voted for Long Con, possibly contributing to her own downfall. Eloh's vote was late-ish (8th out of 9) but it's hard to place. Either way, she was probably going to face scrutiny for this vote. Voting for the civ counter-wagon (Long Con was intentionally NK'd Night 5- a bath token night for Chichiyaku) always looks bad when the main wagon flips baddie. Had she voted late on the Faraday wagon, however, she still would have been scrutinized because baddie will bus teammates when the writing is on the wall and Eloh was already taking heat.

Day 6, she was not a poll option. Zebra intentionally removed her from the poll (remember, N5 was bath token night). Zebra seemed confident that we needed to look elsewhere. This is a potentially significant plus in Eloh's favor but as far as we know, Zebra had no additional information on which to base her decision. We have to assume Zebra made a gut read. I do not have much experience with Zebra, so I don't know how good or bad her gut read history is.

With three 2-vote trains at the time (Zebra, Niju, and myself), Eloh votes sideways for Sorsha. It's chock full of WIFOM- why would a baddie vote so conspicuously on such an important vote?

Posting observations-

Eloh to date has 68 posts, putting her 8th in post count, behind four living players, two dead players, and the host. She's been away and she's been sick during the course of this game, neither of which are fair for us to challenge as convenient excuses for not participating as much as some.

She misses a fair chunk of Day 0 and Day 1 but she comes back and catches up. She even pegs Long Con as civvie (true), me as civvie (unconfirmed) and starts with her suspicion of Wilgy's different tone:
Elohcin wrote:So far I am seeing a lot of pointed fingers for what seem to be silly reasons and even silly thoughts about if this or that behavior means that person is bad. I'm not trying to pick on Matt here b/c there were others as well.
Matt wrote:
soneji, yeah, I made a role claiming joke about Scotty with his tying comment, but it really did ping me too.

Also, is G-Man the type of player who always has some fun on Day 0/1, or should we be worried that his Haiku thing is some kind of sinister plot to destroy the town? Hrm.
G-Man wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Chaos seeding - planting the seeds of chaos and disorder.

All I saw from you Mr LC was pushing something that would've been considered rule breaking. It's one thing to borderline rule break yourself but supporting the dorty actions of others just feels scummy.

Linki - Hi Scotty. Wanna team up again this game?
Last time I asked that of you and I was bad.

Does that mean you are bad this game?
Idk, everytime I've asked I've been good so... :shrug:

@Elo ypu can't go wrong with a LC or G-Man vote...
I beg to differ
Trying to recall if your
Civ game is this gruff
So far I am reading LC and G-man as good. You had surgery? I hope everything is okay.

Wilgy, I see you voted for yourself. Why? I hate when people vote themselves. No offense, but I think its kind-of stupid. I usually end up voting for the person who voted himself.
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote: I think Scotty is Civ. I think Long Con is a dangerous man to mess with. :feb: And also, Long Con is a Civ, so stop trying to lynch him please.
Long Con, you are always so tricksy. I hope you are not tricking me today.
exactly my thoughts as I read this.

Back to misguided finger pointing, I think Wilgy seems the most wrong atm as I read through his posts.

I'm reading wah wah wah wah wah wah from sloon.
thellama73 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:We are back home from our mini vacation. I'm exhausted and injured, but had a wonderful time :p. I will catch up now.
Looking forward to your input, Eloh. What do you think of Wilgy, Long Con, Matt, Sloonei, and Soreji in particular?
I think wilgy is either misguided or bad. I think LC is a tricksy player but I am not seeing anything of too much concern so far. I think Matt is a nut :p, definitely a toss-up. I think sloonei is sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher. We really ought to come up with a catchy word/phrase for this type of behavior. Its when someone is posting and using good amount of words but isn't saying much at all. Soreji? Did I miss his/her posts?
G-Man wrote:Elochin absent
No fan of "I'm catching up"
Will cut slack today
You try staying active in the thread while at a kids museum with three little constantly looking in all directions, counting to three over and over again. We were having family time, sir. But I am home now with a stupid bruised coccyx. I am no longer a teenage, that's for sure :/ So I will have plenty of time to be involved as I lie here on my side with ice on my butt.

SO I know this post wasn't super organized but more of a modge podge of my thoughts. But I have a three year old who keeps asking me to read him a book. So it is what it is.
She serves up a WIFOM sandwich at night by saying she's glad she didn't come back later because she would have probably tried to save Llama because he tricks her a lot.
Elohcin wrote:Wow. Awesome result. I am also glad I was not around at the end. I may have voted to save llama b/c I am easily tricked by him.

@SVS - What do you think about Wilgy's "slip". Do you think it was real or staged? I know there have been some games recently using baddie threads instead of chatzy. (I don't like it b/c in my experience, it means there is less fun and chatter about things outside of the game. I love having chatzy BTSC with other players b/c I like getting to know them along with playing the game with them.) I do think it would be easy to slip up if that is the type of baddie BTSC here. But, Wilgy is the type of player that I wouldn't put it past him to stage that just b/c.

Somewhat related, I have a theory that I woke up with this morning. I can't share it quite yet, but I am going to do some observing and will share later if I feel like this theory could be true.
Day 2 she comes out against both Matt and Wilgy. This justifies her vote on Wilgy Day 1, her vote on Matt Day 2, and any future Wilgy votes:
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:What does DF have to do with any of this?
Nothing. It was a throw away vote on someone who had no votes. Sorry if you're civ but I didn't want to get involved in the close vote/ tie situation.
GOT iT!!! sriracha is a non-commital type of baddIE!!

Games solved! Lets eat CAKE!!!

Okay this is my theory. I think Matt is bad bad bad. I think Wilgy is bad bad bad. Last game I was in with Matt he was bad. He tunneled me like nothing I've ever seen before. Anyone remember that? He talked about no one and nothing by getting me lynched. I think he and Wilgy are bad together and I think he has convinced Wilgy in BTSC to tunnel me this game. I am voting Matt today. If he isn;t lynched, I will vote him tomorrow. And the next day. And once he is lynched I will go after Wilgy. If you hate that I am going to play the game this way, hate it. I don't care. I REALLY think I am right about this and I am not letting Matt survive all game as a baddie again.
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I have returned from colleg and am no longer a Tem. (thank god)

Eloh, do you actually think I'm tunneling you?
I think you've let up a bit since I announced my theory.
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Linki ~ I think Eloh is more involved when she is bad. When she is civ she tends to lose interest unless she has BTSC.
What you think is untrue. I am more involved in speed games where I can get my head around what is going on and keep up. I am less involved in big games b/c I have trouble keeping up. However, since 2016 has begun, I have only been in small games (except for one) and I have been equally involved in all of those small games whether good or bad.

As for the tunneling. Yes, I perceived Wilgy's actions as tunneling. It was only until I pointed it out, then he backed off a bit. But, that doesn't change the fact that it was tunneling to begin with and I stick by my theory. If Matt turns out to be bad, then I am almost sure that Wilgy is too.

@SVS, were you in the last game with Matt and me when he tunneled me? I have seen Matt tunnel, but I have never seen ANYONE tunnel like Matt did in that last game. He gets my vote, I don't plan on moving it.
S~V~S wrote:
Sure there is such a thing as civ behavior for individuals. Some more so than others depending on the situation. For the most part (everyone has exceptions) happy jolly joking Eloh has good BTSC; could be civ, could be bad. Cranky annoyed Eloh does not. This is mutually exclusive of tunneling. Based on this, not on tunneling, I would give only the bearest consideration to Eloh being bad. She seems annoyed in general with the way the thread is going ( :hugs: not a criticism, Eloh, just an observation) and whil I am OK with it, I can understand why.
You are right that I don't like the way the game is going. I love some lightheartedness in games. I like to hear how people are doing and what's new in their lives. I like joking around a bit. But I also like people to take the game seriously. I think its a waste of my time when players act stupidly or don't care. I think it's disrespectful to the host as well, who has put time into the making of the game. And I know you aren't criticizing. I think you've made a pretty good observation. However, I think I have become a better player this year (taking on only small games) and I think my "poker face" is better. I still don't know how Epi can always seem to read me, but I think my playing has become more neutral and I have less of a baddie vs civ game and more consistency whether I have BTSC or not. At least I like to think so :p
G-Man wrote:Sorry for absence
Getting harder to sneak time
In on the weekends
Are y'all the kind of family that likes to go and do stuff all weekend? haha, Epi and I are usually happy to stay home and rest all day on Saturday.
She even defended herself from S~V~S's reasoning for thinking Eloh was good (detached Eloh tends to be good Eloh). Kind of odd to do but maybe she just didn't like having her civ game labeled detached/lazy.

Oh yay, she still thinks I'm civ, for whatever that's worth:
Elohcin wrote:dude, I was not threatening g-man. I think he's civ.
When Matt flips civ, Eloh doubts herself...
Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Okay this is my theory. I think Matt is bad bad bad. I think Wilgy is bad bad bad. Last game I was in with Matt he was bad. He tunneled me like nothing I've ever seen before. Anyone remember that? He talked about no one and nothing by getting me lynched. I think he and Wilgy are bad together and I think he has convinced Wilgy in BTSC to tunnel me this game. I am voting Matt today. If he isn;t lynched, I will vote him tomorrow. And the next day. And once he is lynched I will go after Wilgy. If you hate that I am going to play the game this way, hate it. I don't care. I REALLY think I am right about this and I am not letting Matt survive all game as a baddie again.
So... this was pretty strong stuff from Elohcin. I don't think she would be this bold as a baddie, to state her intentions to sink Matt come hell or high water, knowing he is a Civ. I'm open to other ideas on that front, but that's my impression on this: misguided and a little disgruntled from a previous game, but not malicious.
Boy was I wrong wrong wrong. :sigh: This makes me wonder if I was wrong about Dr. Wilgy. I am now unsure. I am a bit busy atm and will be this afternoon. But, I will read the thread during Simon's wrestling practice this evening and thoroughly catch up. I kind of feel like I need to go back even and look at everyone from a new perspective.
...but maybe not entirely:
Elohcin wrote:Unfortunately I only know that I am town. I am not 100% sure about anyone else. However, SVS and G-man seem to be acting like helpful civs. Even though sorsha hasn't posted a lot, I am leaning civ on her. I think Wilgy is acting a little more sane lately but still unsure. Blooper seems to be more distant than usual which I don't like. I always read her as civ, but its possible she is bad. LC seems civ and so does sonjei so far. I don't know about you, Quin, but mostly b/c I have yet to play with you before (I think). We have a lot of quiet players. Who are your top suspects and why?
Look at that again though. She leans civ on S~V~S, G-Man, Long Con, and Soneji, one of whom was lynched and another NK'd. She feels less bad about Wilgy after he lightened up but also wary of Niju. Make of that what you will; it's an awfully soft pile of reads.

This post from Day 3 helps explain why she did not vote for Soneji on Day 4:
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
sig wrote:Of course, you being one of his suspects might say that. :ponder:
Oh hush, I am not mafia.
*Grumbles and crosses arms*

Eloh, do youbhave any thoughts on my vote analysis? My perspective was included in it, so your thoughts reflecting it would be beneficial.
I think vote a analysis is a good thing towards the middle of the game, and especially late in the game. However, I think its too early for a vote analysis. I don't think there is enough information for them to really be helpful this early in the game. AND on top of that, G-man called you out for making a misleading list. He is right. Ever since you actually started playing you act as if we ought to all just assume you are civ now. I cannot do that.
Soneji wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Unfortunately I only know that I am town. I am not 100% sure about anyone else. However, SVS and G-man seem to be acting like helpful civs. Even though sorsha hasn't posted a lot, I am leaning civ on her. I think Wilgy is acting a little more sane lately but still unsure. Blooper seems to be more distant than usual which I don't like. I always read her as civ, but its possible she is bad. LC seems civ and so does sonjei so far. I don't know about you, Quin, but mostly b/c I have yet to play with you before (I think). We have a lot of quiet players. Who are your top suspects and why?
What about my posts seem civ to you Elo? You haven't played with me before really either, so what differentiates me from Quin for you this game?

Also, is my name really that hard? Soreji and now Sonjei :fist:
I think its just your tone. I think a person's tone is very telling. And I will just start calling you Son :p
After a fairly non-committal Day 3, in which she only posted a few times, Eloh reverts back to Wilgy mid-pack and comes back to feel sad about Quin's lynch. Her opinions are in flux:
Elohcin wrote:I feel like I'm in the dark stumbling around trying to find the baddies.

SVS, I'm glad to have you back. Who would you have voted for Day 3 if you were allowed?

Wilgy, I agree that your tone is a bit mean and I do think you aren't playing like yourself. I'm mostly just confused as to why you are going so hard against me.

DF seems to be getting more involved and I feel like he is being helpful.

LC is becoming less trustworthy imo. His mannerisms seem sneakier and sneakier.

I am somewhat trusting of Dom atm.

I am on the fence with G-Man. His comment about his vote was suspicious to me. And I am not sure I buy SVS's explanation of it.

I think that's all for now....
But she's still wary of Niju and ends up voting for her when it seems to be between Niju and Soneji:
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Thanks Faraday.

I am hoping to see who,if anyone, supports a lynch of sig. Glad to see you do not :)
You are inquiring a lot about sig and then are glad to see that someone does NOT support his lynch. Do you know something we don't? :ponder:
DrWilgy wrote:@Eloh, I wouldn't have killed Wilgette if it was my win condition :p
Wait, what? You wouldn't kill her even if it was a part of your win condition? I'm not sure I understand your statement.
Long Con wrote:
Soneji wrote:My gut feeling on him has gone up to my mind and it doesn't compute the reasoning for that feeling as being the kind of thing to worry of a mislynch over.
This sentence was really hard to read, I really lose my grasp on its meaning as I get toward the end. :blush:
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
G-Man wrote:She has the excuse
Of busy real life items
Which makes great cover
I am worried about Niju as well. She has made it to the top of my suspect list. I know that she was on Spring Break last week an that getting back into the swing of things at work can be difficult, but I cannot imagine it taking up as much time as she says. I also think her votes are suspicious.
Elohcin wrote:I put my vote on niju for now. I want her to come in and talk.
Night 4 she ranks from bad to good the people who voted for Soneji:
Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Elohcin wrote:It was 2/3 when I voted, and I'm sorry, I didn't think Soneji was bad. I am not going to vote for someone I don;t think is bad.
I was just thinking that I would expect a baddie to have avoided the lynch train on civ Soneji, and then I come in and see this post from you, Eloh. Who do you think are the baddies involved in the Soneji lynch, if any? :eye:
If I have to rank the Soneji voters, it would be Niju, Sorsha, Wilgy, SVS, then sig.
Sig got NK'd, S~V~S seems to be presumed good by most players, Wilgy is the enigma, and Niju and Sorsha were already being theorized about. It's a pretty good ranking given the popular feelings floating around in the thread.

On Day 5, she calls out Niju for lack of participation:
Elohcin wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Why do I make empty promises on this site?

Oh wait - I didn't promise anything. Just hoped I would do the research case-y thing. Hmm, yes. Hmm.

I had more work to do today than I assumed (stupid insomnia last night required a stupid long nap this afternoon, which required me to leave work earlier than usual when I usually do my work) and just finished. I'm going to trivia soon and still need to shower and whatnot. So, maybe I'll be better and take more time for eloquent case-making and -looking another day, but I'm gonna just vote DF for reasons previously stated. Might check back.

No promises, though ;)
What did you do during your state of "stupid insomnia"? You could have played mafia then. Or were you making that delicious looking pie you posted on facebook? I just don;t know about you this game. :eye:
One of her biggest mistakes Day 5, making her look worse, is not thinking that Faraday is bad. Despite all her prior feelings that Long Con is possibly civ, she votes for Long Con over Faraday despite his kamikaze vote switch the day before that got Soneji lynched:
Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Eloh needs to vote LC. :nicenod:
I'm not sure about LC, but I don't think you're bad, DF.
Elohcin wrote:grr, 4-3. I am not sure I like either option, but I don't want my vote to not mean anything. I want to wait longer, but I also need to get to sleep. Again, GRR!
Elohcin wrote:I couldn't wait any longer, I need to get to bed. I am looking forward to seeing the results in the morning and hope we get the right guy.
She posts an odd follow-up during the night:
Elohcin wrote:haha, I knew this would happen. I just knew it.
Eloh- were you referring to you being wrong about Faraday or Wilgy coming after you again?

She then sulks in her own uncertainty:
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:So... Can I pleaaaaase state that I have solid evidence against Elo now?
Nope, because you don't. Your evidence is not completely solid if you think I'm bad. Your evidence is mostly solid as I have played like shit. BUT, its not completely solid b/c no one can be 100% sure that I'm bad because I'm not.
Who do you recommend we lynch tomorrow Elo?
To be honest, I am unsure. I still think Niju could be bad, but I was wrong about DF, so I hate to even give my opinion. I am in the beginning stages of hosting my first full game and even though it's not difficult, it's time consuming. Since that game started, it has taken a lot of the attention that I was putting on this game.
Her spirits are renewed by being taken off the lynch poll by Zebra. She celebrates by serving up a few WIFOM sandwiches:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:Elo's not on the poll. :suspish:
**dances a jig**

I'm SHOCKED!! Haha. I guess someone believes in me :p Woot!!

linki: If I were bad, then I would have made sure you have red. I would have voted for a teammate once I knew they were doomed. Don't ya think?
Elohcin wrote:made sure TO have red.
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
**dances a jig**

linki: If I were bad, then I would have made sure you have red. I would have voted for a teammate once I knew they were doomed. Don't ya think?
Maybe you did, and they are still alive?

What do you think of Zebra & Niju? I see you voted Niju the other day; do you plan to do so again?
Nah, I would have made sure that my vote was on my teammate if they were going down. That's for sure. Niju may get my vote if she keeps up the same behaviors. What do you think of her this game? Zeebra seems a little wacko this game, no real read yet though. Could go either way.
After Niju shows up, Eloh has a change of heart about her:
Elohcin wrote:
G-Man wrote:So the remaining
Voters are Eloh and I.
Your thoughts, Elohcin?
I'm dying over here of a horrible fever while all three of my children have fevers as well. Two of us can't eat a thing and all of us cannot even get out of bed/couch.So forgive me if I am a little distant today. I think I would most likely like to vote for Zebra out of the frontrunners. Niju has somewhat convinced me she is just a quiet civ this game. SOMEWHAT. I am very on the fence with it all.
But it doesn't last for long:
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
G-Man wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Baddie team is Gman and Elo
I think it's Niju
And then either Eloh or
Sorsha as last feb
K then we lynch Elo
I'm civ, dude.

Niju.
To sum it up, Eloh has been wishy-washy for large stretches of the game. She's leaned civ on people who have flipped civ but has a poor record of successfully leaning bad on people. She said she would have been tricked into saving Llama Day 1 and she didn't see what most others saw in Faraday.

In analyzing the Day 3 votes, I felt that Niju's vote for Quin (his 3rd overall) was suspicious and I stated that it could read as a vote to save a teammate who already had a vote on them at the time. Here's a look back at where things stood and who among them is left:

DrWilgy- 1 vote
Elohcin- 1 vote
Long Con- 1 vote
Quin- 3 votes
Soneji- 1 vote

If I have Wilgy penciled in as Stink Spirit, and I still believe that Niju's vote could indicate teammate protection, then...

Pretty cold though to return that Day 3 favor with a tying vote on Niju Day 4.

Eloh is a hard nut to crack. Her case certainly could be read as bad but it could just be Eloh being Eloh. Lynching someone else might reveal more about her nature, but it could also work the other way around.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Eloh- there are at most two baddies left: Yubaba and Kashira. We don't know if Stink Spirit can win with the baddies. It's possible that a re-direct from Chichiyaku could have taken out Kashira already but that would mean one of Scotty, sig, or Bubbles would have to have been Kashira.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

And now I have to make up for the two hours I spent working on Eloh's case. Gotta get to work! I'll try to cover Niju and Sorsha both at lunch. Niju's a quick study. We'll see about Sorsha.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Elohcin wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Dom wrote:

They keep murking players that keep the former wagons in tact. Baddies are ok with the way things are going and don't want to see a shift.

Regarding myself, I coasted in the first part of the game, resulting in crappy posting and even crappier votes, and enough suspicion on me to garner votes, thus resulting in my having to save myself rather than think as critically as I'd like (resulting in - surprise! More crappy votes). The one day I was taken off the poll late-game, we caught a baddie. I was able to think more rather than think about saving myself.

The last lynch reminded me a lot of a particular day of BoB when the lynch was down to me and Bass, and Bass lost and came up (rather, "Seemed") civ. I was civ (the non-seeming kind). Either way, the baddies were able to make it so they would "win" either way - Bass voters looked bad because it appeared they lynched a civ, and I looked bad because...well, I was the second choice and appeared to be the "right" option versus the lynched civ. Thankfully, I was not lynched the next day, or any other day after that. I guess what I'm saying is last lynch, though with less people, was between two civs, designed to create a win-win for baddies. I'll keep repeating it: I was whisked off the poll the DF lynch day for good reason. Don't screw this up. Don't be duped.

Regarding others that stand out to me (mostly from the last lynch), Eloh's sideways vote for Sorsha in the last lynch looked sketchy as hell, but considering the actual lynch results, not as sketchy as it looked at the time. It was a way to avoid being on either lynch train, which was odd, but it would also be quite a risk to make herself so visible. Still, it's too close to endgame to brush that aside as impossible, especially considering the sketchy DF lynch day, too.

Sorsha's vote change was weird, too, about the same level of sketchy as Eloh. I understand the reasoning behind it (not wanting to spread too much so late), but it's like the opposite kind of sketchy from Eloh - weird, but also draws risky attention. Vote record is slightly better than Eloh's, however.

G-man looks the sketchiest to me thread-wise, especially in conversing with SVS during and after the last lynch. He waffles like crazy, talking himself in and out of voting (and I may be biased, since I was one of the choices and did not want to die), then immediately speculates after the lynch that he thought zebra was Oshira. SVS comments on this weirdness nicely:
S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Gman "I had her penciled down as raddish bro" but you didn't fight for her?
I didn't want to
If she was Radish
But you were OK with her being dead, so long as any of the baddies had no clues about her role?

When you & I were talking, I clearly said I was considering a vote for her and you did not try to talk me out of it. You actually said this:
G-Man wrote:
I feel helpless 'cause
Both Zebra and Niju are
Just 50-50

I like a little
Even if I'm wrong
Granted, he did vote me instead :fist: , but the reasoning with not talking SVS out of it is weird. So weird. More subtly weird than the sketchy votes above, at least IMO, like he was backtracking? Like he was trying to sound/look helpful, but then having it shut down by SVS and Wilgy. Vote record is slightly better than Eloh's, but behavior is weirder and is making me itchy. He nicely avoided the last lynch in the end, too. Hmm...

As for others that don't stand out as much as bad, Dom voted first on zebra, which could be bad, but his going after DF throughout the game looks good. Wilgy acts weird, and I waffle between his being the Stink Spirit and bad (the voting behavior and tone is certainly not civ, or any civ I've ever seen), but he's not giving me the same vibes as those above. SVS has been bear-ified twice. Sure, this could be major baddie team self-targeting, but that seems a little overkill...

Argh. This is aggravating, and I feel like I'm starting to ramble, so I'm gonna stop. At this point, I'm most likely to vote Eloh (for behavior last two votes/vote record throughout the game) or G-man (for behavior stated and votes), followed by Sorsha. The others are tinfoil suspicions to the max. I'm hoping I don't have to try saving myself again, but that's likely, considering the conversations in the thread. But those are my thoughts. I'm gonna go ahead and put a vote on G-Man, after talking myself through that. I'll return at some point, tomorrow for sure, but now I've spent too long on this site and should probably do other things.
Look who's gettin' all involved now that she my be voted for and lynched. :eye:

So I know this is an ignorant question, but (you have to understand that I've not really been coherent for the past 4 days. As I said before, a sickness overtook our home and we were all completely out of it, in pain, and sleeping over half the time. We are all finally on the mend, able to eat now a little bit but still coughing our heads off.) how many baddies are left? I am thinking, Niju, Dom, and if there is another, I am going back to my original Wilgy.
why

I think Gman did a good job of pointing out how inconsistent you've been. please answer to that.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201

Post by DrWilgy »

Theory:

Gman bussed Llama day 1 making it a tie as Kashira thinking he could bump Matt's vote up by 1.

This was made null by Wilgette's vote.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

:overreact:

I just accidentally closed the tab where I'd been writing my case on Niju for the last hour.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Oh hallelujah! Praise the Lord and pass the collection plate! Google Chrome allows me to reopen a closed tab.

:bliss:
My Banners:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

:haha: I'm glad you were able to re=open it, G.

And Dom, somethin' just don't smell right.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Why Nijuukyugou could be bad:

Voting Data-
Day 1- 8th overall, 3rd vote on Matt
Day 2- 12th overall, 7th vote on Matt
Day 3- 7th overall, 3rd vote on Quin
Day 4- 9th overall, 4th vote on Soneji
Day 5- 5th overall, 4th vote on DFaraday
Day 6- 5th overall, 2nd vote on a2thezebra

Niju's Day 4 and Day 6 votes are understandable, as she was the counter-wagon both of those days. Her spotty participation has her voting late quite often. It could be genuine or it could be strategic for a baddie who is genuinely busy in real life to let the day play itself out and vote as necessary when time permits.

Posting Observations-

I'm just going to to post all of her posts in order here since she only has 12. I'll add commentary in between.

DAY 0- She gets back from her travels. Nothing meaningful here because it's Day 0:
nijuukyugou wrote:I've returned from faraway travels and I'm now (somewhat) settled back home, minus the unpacking and loads of laundry. Blargh.

Yay game! And double yay for this movie! It is probably my favorite of the Studio Ghibli films. Voting bird, because flying :srsnod: And not being a fly :srsnod:
DAY 1- This post comes about 3 hours before the deadline. Due to changeable votes, I do not know who all had votes on the board at this point but she suggests there are many. She states indifference to the suspicion on Wilgy, G-Man, and Llama. She also decides to vote for the player with the most erratic behavior (Matt) without actually examining anyone else with votes. This vote (is it careless, reckless, nefarious?) puts Matt in the lead at the end of the day:
nijuukyugou wrote:Apologies for lack of posts - it's been a busy couple of days, prepping for and hanging out with most excellent visitors :D I'm just now getting a real moment to read through the thread and the large number of pages that have developed since I last checked.

And it's Day 1 as usual, I see. Tenuous suspicion, a ton of spread votes, with the most votes (2-3) being on people that don't ping me, especially for the reasons being said. WIlgy's doing stuff to get reactions, and I still don't have a hang of that guy yet, but I don't think he's bad ATM. Just weird. Llama's being llama, though not being particularly helpful, either. G-Man's posting in haikus. Unsurprising. I also love haikus, and his thoughts are easy to read (except that last line about me was a bit of a cop-out ;) )

You know, straight up, I don't really feel like listing through everyone who's got votes at the moment anymore, especially since there are so many. I'm sitting on my porch, drinking a beer, and needing to do lesson plans a bit (on a Friday. BLARGH) so I don't cry too hard on Sunday for the loss of my spring break and so I can enjoy Beer Fest tomorrow, ahhhhh :omg: Long story short, Matt's all over the place - sig suspicion from seemingly nowhere, changed to Long Con, changed to Quin as a joke (changed in his posts, that is - don't think it's in actual votes), back to sig for reasons I don't understand. He may be a nut, but he's catching my eye the most today. Y'know, besides low posters (says the low poster). So Matt it is.

DAY 2- Once again, no sign of Niju until the waning hours of the day phase:
nijuukyugou wrote:Procrastination is the word of the day, the week, the last weekend. Also, enjoying the very last bits of my spring break away from the computer as much as possible before going back to work today :sigh: kept me away. While not a bad day, it was definitely the Monday after break with the kids. Two more months. Two more months. So, here I am.

With thoughts.

Firstly, why are people jumping down LC's throat for suggesting that Wilgy might be the Stink Monster? Because of its specificity, I suppose? I was thinking myself that he was acting more...Wilgy-ish (new word), or crazier, possibly for attention. For what gains, I don't know. I'd like to see LC's further thoughts on this and response to others' reactions upon his un-piggified return.

Secondly, Eloh, you're famous and being discussed! I feel like this is a new trend (I think someone said this?). I can just see her getting irritated in front of the computer at how she can't win: she's either "trying too hard" in tunneling and going with her instincts, or she's detached and not into the game. She can't "act" civ enough, apparently :haha: Not really sure that that adds to the conversation, but the mental image of Eloh about to throw her laptop in frustration at this amuses me.

Lastly, I'm gonna go ahead and vote Matt. I've read through the thread, and not much has changed regarding my opinion about him. All over the place Day 1, and I think sig made some good points about both Matt's weak defense and about how the last lynch went down between llama and Matt (no other really strong movements towards other players, no obvious use of Kashira for a save, etc.). So, Matt it is.
The contents of her post can be summarized this way:
-What gives with wigging out on LC over suspecting Wilgy of being Stink Spirit?
-Poor Elohcin can't catch a break (is this defending a friend or a teammate?)
-I read and didn't see anything else worth commenting on
-Matt is still weird and sig made some good points about him

She goes from 'Matt is erratic' to 'what sig said,' but she never expounds upon her own reasoning that leads her to vote Matt again. She also posted an OT post, for what it's worth:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Oh and Ephraim was looking at my laptop when I was just reading. He saw your avatar, niju and said, "so-and-so's shirt?!" Of course he didn't call you so-and-so but I don't know how much you'd like me using your name on here :p
:haha: I still think it's hilarious that your kids call me by my last name. And it's a badass shirt :noble:
DAY 3- Yet again, she shows up with just a few hours left on the clock:
nijuukyugou wrote:Holy crap - busier week than I thought :faint: Catching up. Stand by.
nijuukyugou wrote:As usual, I apologize for my absence. I didn't even realize I hadn't been on my computer, let alone here on the site (save popping in on my phone during breaks at work) since Tuesday night, and I don't even remember what I did then. This week back to work has been a killer on my sleep after spring break, and combined with having to do lesson plans/grading again in the afternoons while trying to catch a nap...is precisely why I'm only in small games until summer, and barely hanging on to those at that. I don't promise to be here more often, as I don't suspect I'll be any less busy/tired, but I'll attempt to play a bit of a more involved game.

Anyway, my sleepy read-through brings a few thoughts, much the same as ones I previously held. Wilgy's acting nuts still, and seems to be REALLY after Eloh, or perhaps at this point really after her opinion? Like, really wanting her to respond to his rainbow list? So much that he doesn't want others responding to it? What's his game, I wonder. Someone mentioned (I believe SVS?) that he seemed less "sweet" this game and more caustic (not the word used, but it's the first that comes to mind right now and I'm sticking to it). Still of a mind that he's acting weirder than usual for perhaps *secret* reasons, as others have stated, but very curious about him.

I intended to make more commentary (hence "a few thoughts"), but I'm tired (I know, whine whine whine, repeat repeat repeat) and my allotted mafia time for this evening has run out (and I'd like to wash my tentacles after running--err, swimming? Gliding? before it gets too late). The case and arguments that have stood out to me the most are the ones on Quin - from what LC pointed out, it does appear that Quin has been subtly building a suspicion of LC, and pushing ideas while keeping a distance from ideas (regarding the Wilgy quote). And the vote that untied the llama/Matt lynch in the middle doesn't look so great, either. So, gonna vote there.

Yay, time for showers and rest!
More promises to get more involved and stay caught up. Observations that Wilgy is still different. Brief mention of possibility that S~V~S is being chippier than usual. She then gloms onto the case that sounds the best, mentioning Long Con's arguments for a Quin lynch. No original thoughts; she just goes with someone else's case. Perfect for brushing any blame aside, because, you know, 'LC's pretty words made me do it.'

Keep in mind that Niju and I are the only unconfirmed Quin voters. If you believe that I am civ, then Niju is the only other person on that train with a question mark. Her vote put Quin up by two at a time when the votes were spread. My spreadsheet tells me that this could be a possible save vote on a teammate with one vote already (Eloh and DrWilgy are the only possible candidates left). Her vote was all the buffer that would be needed (unless there were unannounced extra votes by Kashira or SpiderGramps).

She does point out, however, that she hadn't logged into the site since end-of-day Day 2. If this is true, then she couldn't be Yubaba because Yubaba silenced S~V~S during Night 2. She could have put the request in right after her vote (if Yubaba) or perhaps the host allowed teammates to make that call. Very hard to say.

Speaking of nighttime absences, remember how I said that we had all posted during Night 3, complicating the mystery of who Yubaba could be? Yeah, I done goofed. Niju has a post in her history marked as Night 3 but was actually posted during Day 4. That will teach me not to blindly trust the in-topic post history page.

DAY 4- Though marked Night 3, she shows up- anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Less than two hours before the deadline:
nijuukyugou wrote:Oh, boy! Votes!
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Wilgy will respite then, and figure out whats going on with himself...

Eloh I do think you are bad, but I don't want to be mean. Out of what happened last night though I think Ji and DF look the worst.

I'll get it right next time LC. I promise!
Do you mean Soneji and DF? And what makes them look the worst to you? Their voting?

@ SVS, thanks for your opinions.

I think we need to get focused. I see several of us are in agreement on finding various players suspicious. We need to agree on one and not spread the votes. As I said, I need to look at wilgy with fresh eyes. I think I failed to do it Day 3. I will back off of him for now and try to look elsewhere. I know he thinks I'm bad, but he's wrong.
And yet, the votes are pretty spread. Hmm.
Long Con wrote:nijuukyugou gets my vote for the time being. She hardly here, and when she's here she has basically echoed popular points of conversation (Wilgy's weird, Matt was suspicious) and it felt like she was buddying me as well. So, she's my current top suspicion.
This is a mostly valid and accurate assessment of my playing. I have been playing a horribly lazy game (really, rather lazily lately, but in this game, especially) without much original thought. Eloh's right about my being on break and getting back into things, and so I'm "conveniently" busy, so it would seem (she didn't say that, but someone else did). Buddying? Not really. I gave stock your Wilgy hypothesis and followed your last case, but I'm not ready to be buddies yet. You're still a sneak, but I'm trying this new thing called "LC didn't totally bamboozle me in Rocky and Bullwinkle, so try not being automatically suspicious." I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass :P
Long Con wrote:I haven't really changed my opinion much today, my gut still says nijuu is the one, so my vote will likely stay there.
I'm flattered, but spoken for *bats eyelashes*

So, as the votes currently stand, it looks like I need to save myself, especially since after this post, it's unlikely I'll be back in the thread for the night (I've procrastinated with schoolwork that I may or may not still do). I see that people who are voting for Soneji are mostly doing it because of a sig vote, and most people posting seem to agree that sig is civ. I would agree, since sig is not following a pattern that he tends towards when he is bad (it's a specific quirk, and I'm gonna pull an Epi here and not reveal exactly what this quirk is for the sake of future games). This isn't a particularly strong case against Soneji, and I haven't really had any pings from him so far, but this is mafia, and I do get bamboozled quite often, and I kinda don't wanna die, so I'll put my vote there.

As for suspicions (so I'm actually contributing at some level), DFaraday, upon closer reading, makes me itchy. I don't like that he's so quick to agree with Wilgy's case on Eloh, and his votes stink (but hell, I guess mine do, too :sigh: ). There was also a comment he made early in the game that caught my eye, but for the life of me, I can't find it now in my ISO, and probably only caught my eye in context. That is a pretty much useless comment to make right now, but I'm getting more and more tired and more concerned about spending too much time on mafia this evening when I have things to do. I'll try to look for it later should I survive. And while I'm still mostly in the camp that Wilgy is acting weird as Mr. StinkMonster, I'm also up to looking at his behavior/tone in a different light (AKA baddie light), since I've been doing the "don't let obviously suspicious behavior get away from you" sort of thing in mafia since Biblical. But that's a conversation for another day, methinks.

Okay, I'm rambling now and need to quit. I'm voting Soneji.
She owns up to playing a lousy game so far. She says she's not buddying up with Eloh. She observes that Soneji is picking up votes due to sig's suspicions. She agrees that sig seems civ but warns that the arguments against Soneji are weak. She votes for Soneji out of necessity.

She also mentions suspicion of DFaraday for the first time ever. Like right before he kamikaze switches off of Niju and onto Dom, attracting just about everyone's hairy eyeballs. Add it up- she says, yeah, sig is probably a civ; he dies that night. She says the reasoning for Soneji is weak; turns out it was dead wrong. She starts to suspect Faraday; turns out she's right. What a string of convenient ideas in such a short span. It's a trifecta of perfection that could have helped a less under-the-gun baddie shuck and jive their way out of the spotlight. Lucky for her, Zebra took her out of the spotlight on Day 5 by removing her from the lynch poll.

DAY 5- With an extension on her life, Niju posts this, mid-day phase for a change:
nijuukyugou wrote:Someone out here loves me :hug: And the baddies thought today's vote would be easy :grin: Joke's on you!
DFaraday wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I have to agree with Sorsha; removing Niju would appear to be somehow shenanigan related, but a quick double check of the roles does not see this as a baddie related power.

The power steatrer is a civ, and is also dead *shrug*
There are a couple of secrets, but they're also civ (and indy I guess). There's no self-targeting, so she can't have been Oshira-sama or whoever did it. Which means whoever did it probably doesn't even know Ninja's role.
Or perhaps they do, and have good reason to protect me :noble:

I have a shitty voting record, and my posting count sucks this game, more so than usual. But I'm not the only one to whom these criticisms these can be attributed, and that's all the "evidence" I'm seeing from those who suspect me. Anyway, I waste my breath (errr, keystrokes?), as I'm not a candidate today, so that's a conversation for another Day (hey, I rhymed!).

My last suspicions still stand. I also want to read back more thoroughly in general so I can possibly be more eloquent/informed for the next vote, more so than I have been, and actually contribute. I may do so tonight, but not before taking advantage of this lovely bathhouse after finally getting back up to running 3 miles, woo! 4-miler next Saturday, here I come! :faint:
Takeaways here: "Yeah, my game sucks but I'm not the only one with crappy participation" and "I'm still suspicious of Faraday."

Oh wait - I didn't promise anything. Just hoped I would do the research case-y thing. Hmm, yes. Hmm.

I had more work to do today than I assumed (stupid insomnia last night required a stupid long nap this afternoon, which required me to leave work earlier than usual when I usually do my work) and just finished. I'm going to trivia soon and still need to shower and whatnot. So, maybe I'll be better and take more time for eloquent case-making and -looking another day, but I'm gonna just vote DF for reasons previously stated. Might check back.

No promises, though ;)
"Busy, busy, busy. Gonna vote DF. Busy, busy, busy."

DAY 6-
nijuukyugou wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
**dances a jig**

Whoever believes in you strongly enough to take you off the poll also believes in Niju enough to take her off the poll. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just going with the likely lynch options for the following day.
Why would someone do that?
To get people off of "easy" votes. For fun. The same reason why people like to create ties - for informational purposes (or to create chaos. Or fun again). Lots of different reasons. Depends on the player who has the role, I suppose.
S~V~S wrote:Not dissimilarly to Turf Wars, I think we may be analyzing ourselves into a corner.

I think LC was a choice made by someone not paying attention to the game. Plus LC was pushing for Niju.

I am voting Niju for now. With the exception of Faraday her votes are iffy. LC suspected her, she isn't paying attention.
I've certainly been paying enough attention to notice THAT. I ain't that clumsy. Gimme some credit :P I agree about the NK though - I am super curious about LC's NK. Weird ass choice. To make me look bad? Clumsy? For shits and giggles? Hmmm.

So, even though it's been re-hashed, for my own purposes of getting this out of my brain, I'm going to talk out thoughts on voting here. Last vote, worst votes look like zebra, Eloh, and G-man for missing it. It also seems Wilgy had a last-minute change from the thread, so while that sealed at least a tie between LC and DF (if we're assuming 3 votes heads could be in play)...well, actually, that doesn't look so bad. It does create confusion and chaos, but in a good way? I guess? Chaos can be good, especially in that case.

But Eloh does make a point that baddies may have seen their teammate going down and let it happen with votes, so at least one of the DF voters is likely a baddie if we're on that train of thought. Hmmm, to take the easy route, or speculate and tinfoil? Last time I tinfoiled, it wouldn't have turned out so great (re: Rocky and Bullwinkle and my CERTAINTY that LC was bad and tricking me), but thankfully, I was the only one to do so at that point in the game :P

Personally, I don't want to die, and I'd like to catch another baddie. Two votes on me already with (assumed) manipulation still in play today is not good for my health. I'll rehash what's been said by me and others: someone out there loved me yesterday for a reason and whisked me off the poll. They gave us a shot at getting an actual baddie and it happened. I believe I will go with the more obvious (i.e., the stuff that stands out the most) to me rather than tinfoil craziness today. I'm not keen on spreading the votes, but I feel better about voting sprityo/zebra than G-Man based on the voting records/analysis posted, and because, although I appreciate the good words being put towards me by zebra, I'm always more suspicious of people being on my side than not. I've been a sucker for buddying far too many times in the past, and these tentacles make everyone suspicious :SVS:

I will be at a festival this afternoon followed by a possible outing with friends in the evening, but I should be back later. I hope.
Elohcin wrote:

No promises, though ;)
What did you do during your state of "stupid insomnia"? You could have played mafia then. Or were you making that delicious looking pie you posted on facebook? I just don;t know about you this game. :eye:
Want to respond to this: I never do anything that would keep me up longer than necessary when I have bouts of insomnia, especially playing a stressful game like mafia. I'll generally play mindless Sporcle where I list out pantry items or do a crossword puzzle until I fall asleep again, which is hopefully within 20 minutes or so. So you won't see me on this site in the middle of the night until summer when I'm actually staying up that late :P

Oh, and the pie was delicious :D And all gone.
She was oblivious to the fact that I was silenced Day 5 and did not simply miss the vote. She also says that she suspects at least one of the Faraday voters was a baddie. On my spreadsheet, Eloh is the only unconfirmed player on the Long Con train and I know I'm a civ, so yeah, that's a pretty safe assumption there. :clap:

She votes for Zebra to avoid too much vote spread and felt better about voting Zebra than me- ouch, trying to set me up in case she's lynched and flips baddie?

She came back to say "oops" about me pointing out that I was barred from voting Day 5.

DAY 7- One post so far but the day's not almost over yet. ;)
nijuukyugou wrote:
Dom wrote:

S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:
I didn't want to
If she was Radish

G-Man wrote:
I feel helpless 'cause
Both Zebra and Niju are
Just 50-50

I like a little
Even if I'm wrong

-She owns up to a lousy game so far again

-A pointless (to me) paragraph about a lynch in another game the last one reminded her of

-Throwing Eloh under the bus

-Picking the low-hanging fruit that is G-Man, emphasizing that S~V~S was starting to prod me more in the last phase. Fancy that- the baddies silence the one player most people think is probably civ after she prods the guy who is becoming the new hotness on the populist suspiciometer. Yes, S~V~S was taking a hard look at me but she can't ask any follow-up questions today, now can she?

-Her comment about me- "He nicely avoided the last lynch in the end, too. Hmm..." is the second time she has failed to recognize that I was silenced and could not vote. Stunning really, as I already corrected her on this matter once before.

-She throws props to Dom for his suspicion of DFaraday, reaffirms that Wilgy is probably Stink Spirit, and says there's too much WIFOM and convenience for S~V~S to be a baddie.

-She fleetingly considers Eloh, ranks me #2 and Sorsha #3. Then she just puts a second vote on me and says, "I'll return at some point." 'Busy, busy, busy.'

In summary- If Niju really wasn't on the site during Night 2, it's hard for me to see her as Yubaba. Kashira could very easily be her identity. We have yet to have ties and/or secret votes announced but Niju had two perfectly good opportunities to cast secret votes as Kashira- Day 4 and Day 6, when her neck was on the line. We never got an explanation of what happened with the Day 6 lynch. In my spreadsheet, it ended in a tie.

One thing I keep coming back to is this- why would a civvie stay in the game with such spotty participation holding them back and making them a target? As a civvie, wouldn't the natural thing to do be request replacement? As a baddie, there would be the temptation to see how far you can make it.

Her vote history is sketchy. Her post history is sketchy. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, is it safe to assume it's a duck?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I don't know if I'll have time to put a full case together on Sorsha. Niju's took longer than expected and Sorsha has more posts to comb through. I'll do my best at the end of the day but that will be cutting it pretty close to the deadline.
My Banners:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I went ahead and voted Niju. I don't think I have to reiterate my reasons.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Golden »

Don't read for two days
Next thing I know, no haikus
G-Man the Coward :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:Don't read for two days
Next thing I know, no haikus
G-Man the Coward :disappoint:
Not a coward but
This is the one time you can
Call me a quitter

;)
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Elohcin wrote::haha: I'm glad you were able to re=open it, G.

And Dom, somethin' just don't smell right.
Wanna answer to G-Man's post or nah?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I put my vote on g-man, I could change it to eloh if anyone thinks she should be taken out first but I think those two are the last two baddies. I think it's more likely that Eloh is yubaba since g-man has been targeted by her. Hopefully they are out is extra votes.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Hopefully they are out of* extra votes.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sorsha, I just... :sigh:

Is it ironic that I can't commit time to a Sorsha case now that she's voted for me?

Home now, so family time takes precedence.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Do you guys really think G-Man is more likely to be bad than Elo?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Dom wrote:Do you guys really think G-Man is more likely to be bad than Elo?
I think Eloh is more likely to be yubaba so she would be the more dangerous of the two. If they still have extra votes though I think spreading the vote out is dangerous too. So it seems safer to vote together imo
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sorsha wrote:
Dom wrote:Do you guys really think G-Man is more likely to be bad than Elo?
I think Eloh is more likely to be yubaba so she would be the more dangerous of the two. If they still have extra votes though I think spreading the vote out is dangerous too. So it seems safer to vote together imo
That's solid reasoning to me. I just definitely don't feel as strongly about G-Man as I do about Elo or Nju
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

But it doens't look like Nju and Elo can be bad together. :/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sorsha has a point about not spreading the votes out. I'm trying to sort out whether Eloh fits better as Kashira or Yubaba. Niju fits great as Kashira. Then again, Zebra pulled both of them off the poll. Is anyone taking that to heart? I think she was going on gut or to make us keep thinking. If the former, I don't know how reliable Zebra's gut is.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:But it doens't look like Nju and Elo can be bad together. :/
What makes you say that?
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Eloh's vote on Nju on Day 4. But if there were extra votes in play... :shrug:

Elo has danced from suspicion to suspicion. She voted sorsha yesterday and today says I'm bad now. She, I think, only says this because G-Man threw out the possibility.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I feel more strongly about Niju than Eloh. I still can't help but think an overwhelmed and busy civ would ask to be replaced.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

G-Man why are you worried that you're going to die?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:G-Man why are you worried that you're going to die?
Did you mean to ask this or "why aren't you worried that you're going to die?"
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Aren't. My bad.

Why aren't you worreid you're going to die.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

G-Man wrote:I feel more strongly about Niju than Eloh. I still can't help but think an overwhelmed and busy civ would ask to be replaced.
This is a good point for some players, but not in my case. In all of the mafia games I've ever played, I've only asked to be replaced once, in Monopoly. It was scheduled at a busy time at my old job that I absolutely hated (I quit a few months later), it was ENORMOUS, and I had no idea what was going on with the mechanics of that game, nor did I have the time or energy to figure it out, on top of playing the actual game of mafia. I had to completely stop playing, and apparently never got replaced. I no longer sign up for games with super funky mystery mechanics like that.

Otherwise, if I commit to a game, I commit to a game, regardless of what role I happen to get, and regardless of how unpredictably busy or exhausted I get (which...tends to happen a lot. Yay, teaching! Should be predictable by now...). This is why I'll be going on a break after this one (until summer most likely), so I can actually do games more justice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:Aren't. My bad.

Why aren't you worreid you're going to die.
Because I already won two of the three games I was playing at the same time, and if I die and lose the game (I'll always equate death with losing, regardless of host-designated wincons) then it's like Meat Loaf said- two out three ain't bad.

Besides, I have no regrets. I played the way I wanted and had fun, so even in death I win. Besides, it's not like the civvies can't still win without me. I'm not an essential cog in the civvie machine. None of us are. Once you accept that, accepting the fact that the poll is 3-1 in your favor and the baddies have a manipulator at large who could secure your fate if they see fit becomes easy to swallow.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

So your team has extra votes?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

If SpiderGramps is still alive and has an extra vote to spare, then yes, my "team" has an extra vote.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

G-Man wrote:If SpiderGramps is still alive and has an extra vote to spare, then yes, my "team" has an extra vote.
Not sure I buy it.

If we're so close to lylo (you've said it) why don't you care if you're lunched.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:
G-Man wrote:If SpiderGramps is still alive and has an extra vote to spare, then yes, my "team" has an extra vote.
Not sure I buy it.

If we're so close to lylo (you've said it) why don't you care if you're lunched.
Because I'm G-Man. Nothing about me is conventional. :lorab:
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I Voted Gman
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm pretty sure it's Dom and Niju. Working up Dom's case may have taken me deep into tin foil territory but it fits in a lot of ways. My best guess is Dom is Yubaba and Niju is Kashira.

Anybody care to join me? I'll vote for either of them. Right now there is one vote on Niju. Are people willing to shift votes?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I voted for Niju. Feel free to join me.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

-DrWilgette
-Scotty
-S~V~S
-Sorsha
-Bubbles
-Elohcin
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Death is but release
Not the end of all things but
A new beginning
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Spirited Away Mafia [NIGHT 7]

Post by Marmot »

Night 7 - Hello Old Friend

"Hello friend." G-Man looked up and saw a figure walking toward him through the shadows. He squinted his eyes, before realizing this face was very familiar.

"Hello Coward. I know why you're here. Yubaba sent you, didn't she?" G-Man asked.

"That's right. It is time G-Man. Yubaba finally discovered where her manager had gone off to, and she wants you eliminated. And you know very well what happens when Yubaba wants something?" Golden said. "We all know what happens."

"Tell me Golden, why did she keep you? You were there with me. We both stole her magic for ourselves. We both fled together when she caught us. You should share the same fate at me."

Golden smiled. "We both know the answer to that question G-Man. Goodbye old friend."

"Goodbye Coward."

G-Man has been lynched. He was Chichiyaku.
S~V~S is no longer a bear.

It is now Night 7. You have 23 hours to send in those night actions.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”