Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Have you observed any standards/trends/things on The Syndicate that you think would benefit RYM Mafia if implemented/practiced there?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 24

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Sloonei wrote:
My biggest weakness is definitely my scum game. I've been town probably about three times more than I've been scum. I'm not a naturally gifted liar, to put it simply. My tendency is to be too careful when I'm bad, and I end up overthinking every post I make. I would like to start getting more chances at it.
The key is to be a silver tongued devil all the time. If you word your posts carefully and overthink them when you're civ as well, it stops being a mafia tell. That's a tell you've given yourself, as opposed to a subconcious one that you cant help or just dont notice.

But you wouldve known all this if you had bought my book titled "How to be MLG at Mafia: A liar's guide". For only 9 easy payments of $79.95, you can learn to into mafia. Buy in the next 10 minutes and receive a copy of The Chief's "Y'all niggas dont know how to read, Vol.4" absolutely free!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Have you observed any standards/trends/things on The Syndicate that you think would benefit RYM Mafia if implemented/practiced there?
I love the "no info dumping" rule. Games are more fun when we don't all get to role claim. I'm still getting used to the lack of role reveals but I like the element of mystery it adds. G-man provided some impressive vote analysis charts earlier in the current game that were completely unlike anything I've ever seen.
I am having fun playing in games where not everyone is trying to display their full townie cred all the time, but I wouldn't want to see RYM change in that regard.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
My biggest weakness is definitely my scum game. I've been town probably about three times more than I've been scum. I'm not a naturally gifted liar, to put it simply. My tendency is to be too careful when I'm bad, and I end up overthinking every post I make. I would like to start getting more chances at it.
The key is to be a silver tongued devil all the time. If you word your posts carefully and overthink them when you're civ as well, it stops being a mafia tell. That's a tell you've given yourself, as opposed to a subconcious one that you cant help or just dont notice.

But you wouldve known all this if you had bought my book titled "How to be MLG at Mafia: A liar's guide". For only 9 easy payments of $79.95, you can learn to into mafia. Buy in the next 10 minutes and receive a copy of The Chief's "Y'all niggas dont know how to read, Vol.4" absolutely free!
can i give you my credit card information?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 24

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Sloonei wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

can i give you my credit card information?
I accept paypal, bitcoin, and Bison Dollars.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What about bison burgers?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can't even keep from asking questions when i'm the one being interrogated.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bong?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bong?
Waffles.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What are the biggest differences between Sloonei the mafia player from the earliest RYM games and Sloonei the mafia player now? Do you have any significant influences in your style?

What is the most interesting stateside location you've visited?

What is your favorite album as of right now?

How are collegiate thangs going?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What are the biggest differences between Sloonei the mafia player from the earliest RYM games and Sloonei the mafia player now? Do you have any significant influences in your style?
Confidence is a big thing. I've played a lot of games and seen what things work for me and what things don't. I know what things I'm looking for when I break down a person's posts, and usually know what questions to ask as well. I think you style has influenced everyone at RYM. I do not think I ever would have got in the habit of doing ISOs for every player if not for you, and this habit has really made me better at constructing cases in general, I feel. I'd say some of the other players who were big influences to me in the early days were Mac, Mungbean, rundontwalk, and ProFiction.
What is the most interesting stateside location you've visited?
The White Mountains region in New Hampshire is my favorite place in America I've ever been, in limited experience. My answer will surely change next month, though. I've planned a roadtrip around the States with some friends. Or they've planned it all and I've agreed to tag along. I'm really looking forward to that. We'll be makiny stops all over, with our primary destination being the Colorado Rockies. I don't know too many details or destinations since I've had little to do with the planning of it.
What is your favorite album as of right now?
At this very moment it's probably Electric President's Sleep Well, but for the last two years really my favorite album has beeb anything by Ben Cooper (Radical Face/Electric President). Each album has had its turn and right now it's that one.
How are collegiate thangs going?
They have gone very well and are now frighteningly close to being done. I will graduate after the upcoming fall semester and then am supposed to enter into some accelerated post-graduation program for teaching things. I know very little about that, but the idea that I'm 6 months away from being able to call myself a college graduate is exciting. I'm very nervous, but I feel like I've given myself a good place to stand, both in terms of my general education and my future career options.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I realize that no one here knows what collegiate thangs I be studying, and I probably should have answered that as well. I'm an English major. I've mostly concentrated on old things and classics. LOTS of Shakespeare, a fair amount of Ancient Greek and a good deal of medieval stuff. I am mostly interested in the development of human cultures dating as far back as records will go. And Shakespeare.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Canucklehead »

Sloonei wrote:I realize that no one here knows what collegiate thangs I be studying, and I probably should have answered that as well. I'm an English major. I've mostly concentrated on old things and classics. LOTS of Shakespeare, a fair amount of Ancient Greek and a good deal of medieval stuff. I am mostly interested in the development of human cultures dating as far back as records will go. And Shakespeare.
:faint:
We's gonna be bestest buddies. :nicenod:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

There are correct answers to these questions. :srsnod: Tread carefully, padawan.

What is your favourite Shakespeare play and why?

Which not-named-Shakespeare early modern playwright is awesomest and why?

Julian of Norwich or Margery Kemper?

Chaucer or Langland?

Best modern adaptation of Shakespeare (in any medium)?

What non-life-destroying and world-contributing thing do you plan to do with a degree in English? Asking for a friend.... :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Canucklehead wrote:There are correct answers to these questions. :srsnod: Tread carefully, padawan.

What is your favourite Shakespeare play and why?
The play I most enjoyed reading recently was A Midsummer Night's Dream, for all of its metatexual/theatrical elements and commentary, plus Bottom and Puck are both excellent characters. Bottom's plot line is my favorite comedic plot in Shakespeare. I've only really read Hamlet once (twice if you count high school English class, but I don't) so that demands further examination. Lear is probably my favorite tragedy, but it has the unfair advantage of being the play I've had the most exposure to. I read it three consecutive semesters, for three different classes, and also saw it performed professionally. I also need to dig through the histories a bit more.
The Winter's Tale is probably my top choice among all the plays that aren't usual favorites.
Which not-named-Shakespeare early modern playwright is awesomest and why?
The Alchemist is the best non-Shakes play I've read, but on the whole I think I've enjoyed Middleton the most of the handful of other playwrights I've read. He's um the least bashful, I'd say, and that amuses me. I still need to read a lot more of Marlowe, his complete works is just sitting there on my shelf alluringly.
Julian of Norwich or Margery Kemper?
Having known nothing of these two ladies until a quick Wikipedia inquiry just now, I'm gonna go with ole Julie Norwich.
Chaucer or Langland?
Chaucer, though it's been a few years since I read any of the Canterbury Tales. That is also sitting in a prominent spot on my shelf and demands attention. I've collected a number of books that have only been partially read over my college career. I'm just now starting to complete them all.
Best modern adaptation of Shakespeare (in any medium)?
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I've only seen a couple adaptations and the only one that really stands out is Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet because it stuck pretty firmly to the text and is like five hours long.
What non-life-destroying and world-contributing thing do you plan to do with a degree in English? Asking for a friend.... :p
The plan for a few years has been to teach, but obviously the dream for all of us is to write. Right now I'm mostly just interested in being able to continue studying the things I want to study. If I can get paid to talk about somewhat-related things, that's a sweet deal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

:sigh:

I regretfully revoke my previous offer of best buddy-ness. We can obviously never speak again.

Just kidding, of course! :P More Shakespearians and lovers of pre/early modern things around here is always a good thing.... even if they do unironically confess to liking Branagh. ;)

Is Grad School in your future? If you're considering it and want some Real Talk from inside the bubble, just lemme know. Always happy to bitch and moan share my experiences with unjaded and unbroken potential future colleagues. :nicenod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hey whoa, I didn't say Brannagh's was necessarily a good adaptation, just that it was memorable. But I didn't take much exception with it and I credit it as being the first thing to really get me into Shakespeare.

And yeah, grad school is almost certainly in my future, though I haven't really started to think about it yet. It's definitely a thing that should be more on my radar right now. I've been very preoccupied with the thought that this is my last summer before graduation and haven't really looked into any post-graduation things yet. Real Talk would be welcome and excellent, if you or anyone else has experience to share. I hardly even know what I'd be in for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yay questioning!

1) What are you most looking forward to in your teaching career?
2) What scares you the most about teaching?
3) Grossest ice cream flavor you've ever had and why?
4) What's a book you started reading but never finished and why?
5) How do you like your eggs?
6) What form would your Patronus take?
7) Soft or firm mattress?
8) Tea or coffee?
9) Favorite piece of world literature (not British or American) and why?
10) What show should I start watching next on Netflix or Hulu?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote:Yay questioning!

1) What are you most looking forward to in your teaching career?
The cheesiest thing: getting through to kids. Helping people understand things is a good feeling, and to get paid to do that seems like a sweet deal.
2) What scares you the most about teaching?
Parents, based on what I've been told.
3) Grossest ice cream flavor you've ever had and why?
I actually work at an ice cream place. It's an awful job, but it's low stress and pays fairly well so I'm sticking there for now. So naturally I have a disinclination to ice cream these days. I don't mind the occasional milk shake. I think the grossest flavor we have is some cotton candy thing with pop rocks in it. I'd never want to try it, but the thought makes my mouth uncomfortable.
4) What's a book you started reading but never finished and why?
Dune. I got 2/3 of the way through but then school started and it got swept away from me. I liked it and still went to complete it.
5) How do you like your eggs?
over easy, if they're not gonna be in the form of an omelet.
6) What form would your Patronus take?
A moose or something elk-like. I've always thought they were amazing beasts.
7) Soft or firm mattress?
Firm.
8) Tea or coffee?
Tea. I used to be a coffee hound but started making the switch to tea after my trip to Ireland last year. Tea has nicer variety and the caffeination is never too heavy. The smell of coffee is still one of my favorite scents.
9) Favorite piece of world literature (not British or American) and why?
I've read too much western stuff, so the best I can do here is say something Greek. However, this something I've already sought correction of. As my final elective next semester, I'm taking a non-Western Lit. class. I'll check back in in 6 months.
10) What show should I start watching next on Netflix or Hulu?
Fringe is always my Netflix recommendation. It's an excellent sci-fi series in the vein of X-files. But it seems to be fairly popular and I've run into people who've seen it before, and I even noticed a user on this site whose avatar was a screen cap from it. So yeah, watch Fringe. It has my favorite TV Walter.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A+ formatting
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Walter was the best part of Fringe!
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

He really is. He's just one of the best characters to ever show up on television, and the way he drives the whole plot of the show is really excellent.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Golden »

To the extent that if I ever see an ad for anything with him in it (which happens a reasonable amount over here, since he crops up in Australian television a fair bit as well) I actually say to my wife 'oh look, Walter is in it'. Even LOTR I said that to her lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

Walter was great, he even managed to redeem the last season.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

I forgot about this thread. I missed a lot of interesting people :sigh:

I need to make up for lost time, so here goes:

What annoys you most about other players?
What do you do for fun other than play mafia?
What is the greatest invention in the last 200 years?
If you could achieve anything, what would you want to achieve?
What intrigues you?
What would you say are your best and worst traits?
What inspires you?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

FZ. wrote:I forgot about this thread. I missed a lot of interesting people :sigh:

I need to make up for lost time, so here goes:
Hello FZ! Let's answer questions
Disagreement with me. But also silence. I like all the chatter in the world.
What do you do for fun other than play mafia?
Lately I've been exploring all the woods in my area, trying to mentally map any trails I can find, looking out for cool things, scaring birds, etc. I love going for big long jogs in the woods. My ankles and calves are currently covered in scrapes and bruises and things from some of the rougher days.
I also enjoy baseball and sometimes I play soccer, and I read lots of books, watch some movies and shows, play video games when I'm feeling lazy. Hiking is my favorite thing, though.
This thing we're all currently using; the one that's full of cats and naked people. I wish we'd make better use of it, though.
Peace of mind, happiness, satisfaction, etc. I have never been the type to set many particular or material goals for myself, but my aim has always been to be as comfortable and at peace with life as I can manage.
But, for a material/physical goal, I think I'd like to climb some mountains. And travel to every continent. Maybe get something published at some point in my life.
What intrigues you?
birds, jellyfish, people and their thoughts and ideas, plants, stars, language, mafia, this pain in my neck today, everything else I have not covered here.
My current fascination is Ancient Greek civilization. I'm reading Epicurus and Homer right now.
What would you say are your best and worst traits?
I'm very relaxed. I can't honestly remember the last time I experienced anger in earnest. This is an answer to both questions. I like my calm demeanor and positive attitude, but sometimes I also feel like it leaves me emotionally flat and I have a difficult time expressing myself or getting things done. I tend to procrastinate on a lot on minor things because "meh, they'll get done eventually".
What inspires you?
Is "life" a suitable answer? The simple fact of the existence of everything is wonderful and makes me want to take it all in. I'd like to get as much pleasure out of things as I can.
Forgive me if I'm starting to sound like a motivational speaker.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

Sloonei wrote:
Disagreement with me. But also silence. I like all the chatter in the world.
I couldn't agree more

This thing we're all currently using; the one that's full of cats and naked people. I wish we'd make better use of it, though.
I liked how you summed it up as full of cats and naked people. But I expected you to call that the greatest invention.
Peace of mind, happiness, satisfaction, etc. I have never been the type to set many particular or material goals for myself, but my aim has always been to be as comfortable and at peace with life as I can manage.
But, for a material/physical goal, I think I'd like to climb some mountains. And travel to every continent. Maybe get something published at some point in my life.
Forgive me if I'm starting to sound like a motivational speaker.
I forgive you.

Why did you decide to major in English?
Why are there so many wars? Why is it so hard to live in peace?
How much do you know about what's going on outside the US?
Would you say people answer the kind of questions you've been asked so far, in a way that mirrors how they really perceive themselves or how they would like to perceive themselves?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

FZ. wrote:Why did you decide to major in English?
The only classes I really enjoyed in high school were English/creative writing and Latin. My school doesn't even offer any Latin courses, which still makes no sense to me. But that was never a choice of major, because do I look like a Roman to you? I've always liked stories and writing was a hobby when I was high school/beginning of college-aged, so being an English major seemed like a good idea. Some of my sentiments have changed but I am very pleased with my decision today.
Why are there so many wars? Why is it so hard to live in peace?
I don't know. Make them stop. Maybe people just have trust issues, and they disagree about things but have forgotten what those things are. Maybe it just makes them feel powerful, and they like power. Or to pretend they have power. Over each other. Isn't it enough just to have thumbs and higher reasoning?
How much do you know about what's going on outside the US?
I've come to understand that the rest of the world is full of things that aren't covered in cheese sauce. I've never been able to care about American politics, it's all a bunch of noise and silliness and I especially cannot stand the way we treat it all like one big spectacle. But that's just how we do things, I guess. I dunno. I've spent significant time outside the US each of the last two summers and thoroughly enjoyed every second of those experiences and learned a lot about people. Plus I've been using the internet for almost a decade now. I like the world, it's full of stuff. But I'm not really tuned into current events, domestic or international. Politics and pop culture are only a tiny piece of the world, though.
Would you say people answer the kind of questions you've been asked so far, in a way that mirrors how they really perceive themselves or how they would like to perceive themselves?
How they'd like to be perceived by others. We're always trying to convey a certain message, that's what communication is. It's tricky, to always be on top of what you are and how others view you simultaneously. I prefer to come off as truly and honestly as I can. Things tend to be less messy that way. I've not fabricated anything in my answers, I'm an honest townie I swear.

this post was made under the influence of alcohol and i'm a total lightweight, FYI
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Feel free to finish off anything for sloonei, and in the mean time our next victim interrogatee is...

Long Con
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

When was the last time you were in an airplane and where were you going to/coming from?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Heiots
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Heiots »

Kate or Sawyer?

Or Juliet? :D
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

surely he'll answer juliet...
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:surely he'll answer juliet...
Juliet has absolutely no connection to the Black Rock...
Heiots
Stool Pigeon

Post by Heiots »

She does if you count the Eyeliner Man connection.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con!

Have you ever faked drunk mafia-ing?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey Long Con

Whats the favourite baddie gambit you've ever cooked up (whether it was successful or not)?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis or thellama73?

Or Metalmarsh89? :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What is the longest con you have ever done?
Heiots
Stool Pigeon

Post by Heiots »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis or thellama73?

Golden wrote:Metalmarsh89 has absolutely no connection to the Black Rock...
:beer:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Heiots, :P

Long Con, where are you from?

Also, where have you gone? :confused: You've got questions to address pronto.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:When was the last time you were in an airplane and where were you going to/coming from?
Seven years ago, coming home from my Las Vegas honeymoon with Black Rock. No, wait... we went to Disney World in Florida while she was pregnant with our first son.... I think we flew.
Heiots wrote:Kate or Sawyer?

Or Juliet? :D
Sawyer!
juliets wrote:surely he'll answer juliet...
You do know where 'Long Con' comes from, right? ;)
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Long Con!

Have you ever faked drunk mafia-ing?
Nope, that would be lame. All my drunk Mafia-ing has been 100% real. :noble:
Golden wrote:Hey Long Con

Whats the favourite baddie gambit you've ever cooked up (whether it was successful or not)?
It's hard to remember all the games I have played, but a recent favourite is the complicated set of in-thread and map-based strategies we employed to win Flash Mafia... especially awesome because we were a baddie team without a kill! :feb:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis or thellama73?

Those guys are great, but they also piss me off sometimes. Metalmarsh is always fun on a bun!
Golden wrote:What is the longest con you have ever done?
You and your memory tests. I guess it's the scheme wherein I cooked up the entire identity of Long Con. I had been banned from Lostpedia forums as Cerberus (my original handle) but I had changed jobs and internet providers, so I was able to sign back up and integrate myself as a beloved member of the community before the idiot mods had figured it out. By the time they knew, banning Long Con would have caused a HUGE shitstorm, so they had to let it be. :feb:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Heiots, :P

Long Con, where are you from?

Also, where have you gone? :confused: You've got questions to address pronto.
I'm here. Busy last few days.

I'm from Ontario, Canada. :leaf:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, that was easy.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

LC - remember the music code you made for my Beatles game on TP (my first game I ever hosted). Do you still have lying around somewhere?

What are you doing today?

Is it hot where you are?

How can you ever tell your kids "No" since they are so cute? (esp James <3)

What is your favorite toppings on a cheeseburger?

Whats better cake or pie?
;)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

What is your favorite mafia role you ever had?

Where would you like to vacation that you have never been to before?

What is the best item from The Sandwich Shack?
What kind of venues are you guys at so far?
(I'm fairly interested in the food trucks. keys and I thought of starting one here. My favorite brother in law has been doing it for years and he spends most of the summer out of the state traveling. I loved when he had ones nearby because he'd make me whatever I wanted. I've helped out some, but my favorite time to help was when he had a contract to sell outside of Ralph Wilson stadium. All those drunk Bills fans. lol I watched one chick miss her sausage and pour almost an entire bottle of ketchup down the front of her without even noticing lol Do you have any funny stories? )

What is your favorite smilie you have made?
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107

Post by G-Man »

What is the favorite mafia role you ever created?

Is it easier to co-host with your wife or solo?

Are there any themed games that you would like to see created?

Do you want to collaborate on a game with me?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote:Is it easier to co-host with your wife or solo?
Don't answer this question Long Con! G-Man poisoned the chalice!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy wrote:LC - remember the music code you made for my Beatles game on TP (my first game I ever hosted). Do you still have lying around somewhere? I remember it, but the file is lost, unfortunately... hard drive crash with backups lost kind of thing... tumultuous times led to much loss. I can remake it.

What are you doing today? I cut down two big ugly half-dead prickly bushes at the side of our house (long time coming), and I trimmed back some other bushes, I cleaned a toilet that had gone too long without cleaning, and it was hard. I put putty in all the holes etc in the same bathroom, and sanded them, so the bathroom can be painted. Some time spent doing maintenance on Lego Ninjago things that get played with and lose pieces, I burned some garbage, I played a little Mafia, and I ordered a thing for Black Rock for our seventh anniversary.

Is it hot where you are? Yup.

How can you ever tell your kids "No" since they are so cute? (esp James <3) It's very difficult. And don't underestimate Tyler for a second, he's at probably the cutest age ever.

What is your favorite toppings on a cheeseburger? Bacon, ketchup, mustard, lettuce works for me.

Whats better cake or pie? Pie is a little better, but cheesecake rules all!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:What is your favorite mafia role you ever had? Connecticut Avenue. Just kidding. I was the Jedi Exile in Sawyer540's Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars:

Jedi Exile - Not much is known about this young jedi, but she or he will start out powerless and gain abilities as the game progresses.

Powers will be gained pending the survival of each night for the first four nights and are as follows:

1. A secret, extra vote for each voting period.
2. One pardon to be used on any person on any day.
3. The ability to deflect one's night power onto another person.
4. The ability to kill... with a catch: The Exile must kill his or her fellow Jedi before being allowed to kill others and will assume the role usually referred to as the "serial killer." If the Jedi Exile chooses not to kill his or her team mates and assume this win condition, then all of his or her powers will be forfeited.

I chose to go for the power, and I guess I ended up killing my BTSC teammates for it. :feb: I won that game, and it was awesome. Image

Being the Alpha Wolf in Once Upon A Crime, and had loads of fun and was close to a win when Lorab and her Hoe of Justice took me out.

Another LP awesome win was as the Tavern Wench in Shinny's Pirates: Terror on the High Seas... A truly memorable part happened when Slyce23, who was known to be the Voodoo Priest (protector) chose to protect me on a late-game crucial night when it was clear that the baddies would either kill me or him. :noble: He died, but that night I got info that won the Civvies the game.

On the Syndicate, Walter White and the Black Knight were both amazingly powerful roles that I was able to employ to excellent wins... especially memorable was when juliets theorized that I was acting like I did in a previous game where I was an Indy, and I went hard with that interpretation, which got me to the win.

And I have to mention the Absorbing Man. Freckles ran a game on The Piano called Build Your Own Mafia, where we got to make up our own roles. I made the Absorbing Man - any power used against me would fail, and then I would have that power to use when I wished. Unfortunately, the baddie team was way to awesome and figured me out at some point, and basically laughed at me as they took out all the Civvies around me and got a crushing win.

Where would you like to vacation that you have never been to before? Bora-Bora.

What is the best item from The Sandwich Shack? I love the BBC. That is, the Bacon Bacon Cheddar. Peameal bacon, regular bacon, and cheddar cheese on a kaiser bun. So good!

What kind of venues are you guys at so far? Mostly fairs and events like that. We're doing the Havelock Contry Jamboree in August, a five-day outdoor festival of country music where people camp out or stay in trailers the whole time.

(I'm fairly interested in the food trucks. keys and I thought of starting one here. My favorite brother in law has been doing it for years and he spends most of the summer out of the state traveling. I loved when he had ones nearby because he'd make me whatever I wanted. I've helped out some, but my favorite time to help was when he had a contract to sell outside of Ralph Wilson stadium. All those drunk Bills fans. lol I watched one chick miss her sausage and pour almost an entire bottle of ketchup down the front of her without even noticing lol Do you have any funny stories? ) A few. Last year at Havelock, there was a pretty blonde drunk girl hitting on me at the window when her drunk boyfriend was distracted... and another drunk guy at a different event commented that my co-worker's ass was awesome, until I let him know that she was a 14-year-old girl, and he looked sheepish and apologized. I didn't have the heart to let him know she was our daughter. :haha:

What is your favorite smilie you have made? Noble is my favourite. :noble: Followed closely by Grin. :grin:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Noble is also my favourite LC smilie. Closely followed by my own golden smilie which I don't have here.
Heiots
Stool Pigeon

Post by Heiots »

I used to love :noble:and :pout: until :biggrin: came along.

Also, Image

Return to “Welcome to the Family”