The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Re: [Day 3] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by G-Man »

Bah! It deletes the order # of my previous vote, reassigns all vote #'s coming after my initial vote, and then treats my reassigned vote as if it were a new one/the last one to be cast. That sucks for making sense out of Day 1's votes in the real order they were made. That doesn't negate the value of the final vote tallies though. But it does put an asterisk on the data. I shall persevere! :noble:

Congrats to our host for making a game that will take my spreadsheeting to a new level. :beer: :fist:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Have the replacements been receiving the Day 0 messages that their originals would have received?
Yes. Mine resembles Scotty's and DF's. I don't know what number BWT picked though.

Let us team up, fellow multiple of 7. You, me, G-Man and Black Rock.
Hey, this is not Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3, sir. Leave me out of your cryptic, numerically-based plot to tip this game over into full-on chaos. :eye: :PP
My Banners:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by FZ. »

G-Man wrote:Gamer Guy voted for #21 and received a PM that made no sense to me (the one piece of info I got on his time in the game) but it sounds most like Scotty's #3.

And as far as vote analysis goes, does anyone know if your vote number changes when you change your vote? For instance, if I'm the 3rd vote and I vote for myself but votes #1, #2, and #4 all vote for Player X, will my vote stay as #3 but appear after vote #4 if I switch my vote to Player X? Or does changing your vote reset the vote order #'s? That might help me with my vote analysis. I can try to keep track of vote changes from here out but it's a hassle to follow, especially if someone changes their vote without mentioning it in the thread.

Also, as someone who goes back to the olden days of Lostpedia, I have to say that when either Black Rock or TurnipHead speak, I listen and think. They've got so much history (high on rivalry, low on drama) that it's compelling when one calls out the other. Sure it's been strategic smokescreen at times in the past but I've always found it worth considering. TH totally busted BR in Economics Mafia, so I have to wonder two things- 1) she is either getting revenge via her ability to make it sound like she's got a read on TH, or 2) she's got a read on TH. So I will probably read through any arguments she has made against him tomorrow at lunch. I hope to also throw out any thoughts on 2-day vote analysis thought, as I said before, things usually only heat up after three or four days.
From the time I joined the game, I don't remember BR really talking about TH except saying she banters with him or something like that. Did I miss something? If not, how come you know something if you didn't catch up? I wonder if you've been talking BTSC with someone. If I missed a post from her, I apologize.

linki1: Nutella, let's just drop the comparison. I think I'm doing everything I can to catch up, and if you're too lazy to build cases, don't fault others for being too lazy to read 35-40 pages. Let's move on.

linki 2: MM, do you think we got the same PMs exactly, or did each of us get something unique as well?
More important, do we really want to know all the roles? Do we think the roles in the PMs are civvies' or baddies'?

linki 3: G-man, I don't think you're helping your cause much. There's only been one successful lynch, and the person lynched was an indie. Looking at the voting pattern at this stage is pointless in my opinion, and I think you're just trying to look involved.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ, this is what Golden put forth in regards to the numbers which seems pretty accurate. So we would not actually have gotten the same one.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

FZ. wrote:From the time I joined the game, I don't remember BR really talking about TH except saying she banters with him or something like that. Did I miss something? If not, how come you know something if you didn't catch up? I wonder if you've been talking BTSC with someone. If I missed a post from her, I apologize.

linki1: Nutella, let's just drop the comparison. I think I'm doing everything I can to catch up, and if you're too lazy to build cases, don't fault others for being too lazy to read 35-40 pages. Let's move on.

linki 2: MM, do you think we got the same PMs exactly, or did each of us get something unique as well?
More important, do we really want to know all the roles? Do we think the roles in the PMs are civvies' or baddies'?

linki 3: G-man, I don't think you're helping your cause much. There's only been one successful lynch, and the person lynched was an indie. Looking at the voting pattern at this stage is pointless in my opinion, and I think you're just trying to look involved.
No BTSC here. I went back and found what she said about TH over breakfast this morning and it really was more conjecture and her constant suspicion of TH more than a fact-based read. This is what happens when you skim I guess.

Hey, vote analysis is the only trick I've got in my bag. :shrug: I realize that it is far too early for it to be very useful but you never know. It took us a really long time for it to pay off in Biblical but it also took us a long time to lynch a baddie. I can see if being useful after Day 4's lynch but the changeable vote factor and two baddie teams instead of just one muddy the waters a tad. Vote analysis is always easiest with non-changeable votes and single baddie team games.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Have the replacements been receiving the Day 0 messages that their originals would have received?
Yes. Mine resembles Scotty's and DF's. I don't know what number BWT picked though.

Let us team up, fellow multiple of 7. You, me, G-Man and Black Rock.
Hey, this is not Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3, sir. Leave me out of your cryptic, numerically-based plot to tip this game over into full-on chaos. :eye: :PP
I did not think I was being that cryptic. I thought I was being rather straightforward. ;airguitar:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

FTR, I/Dragon got the "police/role check/protect Day 0 PM. No idea what number Dragon voted for...
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Unvote

Vote C3PO

Linki: So did I. Now I'm confused.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:FTR, I/Dragon got the "police/role check/protect Day 0 PM. No idea what number Dragon voted for...
I thought FZ posted this seeing it in linki. So I am no longer confused.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:FZ, this is what Golden put forth in regards to the numbers which seems pretty accurate. So we would not actually have gotten the same one.
What number did you vote for? and what would we get from working together? Sorry for being slow. I'm trying to catch up, I have something like 8 tabs open with different pages and I'm sick. Forgive me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:FZ, this is what Golden put forth in regards to the numbers which seems pretty accurate. So we would not actually have gotten the same one.
What number did you vote for? and what would we get from working together? Sorry for being slow. I'm trying to catch up, I have something like 8 tabs open with different pages and I'm sick. Forgive me.
If we are both civilians, we'd gain a lot from working together.

But I was being facetious with my comment, as G-Man quickly discovered.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I have to say, I'm a little worried by TH myself. When I saw his suspicion of Hedge on day 0, it caught my eye and my initial thought was, this would be a case I would be building as a baddie. Something there seemed too easy. That said, I guess I can see what other people are saying about Hedge, so I thought I'd wait. But a civ TH is always always a very involved player, where as a baddie TH tends to be less involved. Not sure I find his involvement in this game to my satisfaction.

linki: okay, sorry. Like I said, I'm slow :blush:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Can I ask our host why G-Man is able to be voted for? I was off limits for the day I subbed in....
Because I am an idiot.
Yes.

No votes cast for G-Man or FZ. will count.
I guess that means my vote is staying on sig.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

For anyone who missed it, here's my case on sig. I'd like to hear as many people's thoughts on it as I can get. I think he's our best bet today. I do not like lynching tinybubbles when she's but a heat of the moment protest vote on herself.
Sloonei wrote:And now because i'm getting tired of doing all this reading i'm going to skip ahead to the two people who I'm most seriously considering for my vote today (sig and gamerguy/g-man) so that I can come closer to making a decision.

sig
My earlier case against sig can be found here and I still stand by it. His response did nothing to ease my suspicion, and I particularly thought his defense of his TinyBubbles suspicion (and the way he flat out ignored my point about how waffley all his early reads were) looked like scum backed up in a corner.
His behavior around the deadline on Day 1 also caught my attention, as I explained in this post.

At long last, here's my response to his responses to some earlier posts I promised a response to:
sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What about SVS's self-vote was "fishy" enough to make you choose her instead of Cobalt?
What do you mean by "independents counting as civilians", and why would that have any bearing on your read of Cobalt?
I do not like your WIFOM at the end of that post either.

What does WIFOM mean?

So there are 17civlians 4 independents 3 mafia team A 4 mafia Team B, the mafia has to outnumber the town to win so that means only 3/2 town players left for a mafia win. This doesn't include independents if independents count as town there are 21 people and added four which is at least 4 additional phases. If independents count as Towns every independent killed is bad for the town and good for mafia, if we say Cobalt is mafia then switching to SVS who was an independent is bad for the town, if the independents don't count toward the town this wasn't bad for the town. So if SVS counts toward civilians then this was a bad lynch. Cobalt pushed this lynch if he is mafia then he knew SVS wasn't mafia thus switching to a town/independent.
Again already answered your first question here it is.

@ Sloonei I've played with someone who would always vote for themselves after to many people became suspicious I don't think it is a good mafia method but one person has in the past fooled me bydoing that and I've seen two others do the same, it is a mindgame which always makes me think they are mafia trying to make themselves seem like civilians.

@Scott okay I misunderstood, I was heavily leaning towards lynching Cobalt, but like I said I thought he was mafia last game and he was a civilian he usually has good reads so I was hesitant to lynch him when someone else was in my mind equally if not slightly more suspicious.

At this point I'm not sure what to think of Cobalt I still have him down as heavily suspicious, but i'm not going to go into day 2 voting for him. I want to see Cobalt offer opinions/suspicions on other players besides LC I don't like that he is tunneling LC, but I'm not sure if he is mafia or just very focused. Tunneling a player seems like a bad way for the mafia to act since when said player flips civilian the spot light is on them. However, if CObalt doesn't offer thoughts on other players and stops with the non caring about getting lynched I could support a Cobalt lynch. If he flips mafia we are good, if he flips town we are even better. Flipping town would lead me to believe his few earlier reads were right such as hi s LC tunneling, while flipping mafia would make LC more clean.

So as of right know he would be my number one.
A lot of this post feels like sig is backtracking to explain himself rather than being aggressive in his defense. His explanation of his SVS did and still does feel very weak, especially when considering the read he offers of Cobalt in this post. Let's break it down: "I'm not sure what to think of Cobalt", okay so he's got no read on Cobalt? "I still have him down as heavily suspicious", oh, so you do know what to think of him, good to know. "but i'm not going to go into day 2 voting for him." So being "heavily suspicious" of a player is not reason enough to vote for them, but a completely uninvolved player's past behavior is? I do not like this post from sig and it just makes me feel more confident in my current vote.
sig wrote:@Sloonei I have been fooled by one player and have seen three others try this, maybe it was bad to us past experience from other players, but in a close call that stood out to me, I won't say what I did was wrong it is a tactic I've seen mafia us.

You also make it sound like I'm the only person who wasn't sure who to vote for, this wasn't the case. I've already said these things and this is just rehashing.

Cobalt doesn't usually Tunnel or change votes the way he did, this is suspicious. He always has the confrontational if you lynch me it is your fault attitude. He will also argue as aggressively as he is.
The only big difference I'm seeing is the vote switch without good reasoning and the extreme tunneling of LC he will tunnel some, but not this much his other behavior is the same.

@TIny you mentioned earlier that you would make a post about your thoughts, when you do this please included your views of Cobalt, and LC
In this post he continues to be inconsistent in his views on Cobalt. Just before he was "heavily suspicious", but now there isn't much of a difference between this Cobalt and usual Cobalt. The second bit, where he seems to be trying to turn my accusation around against me also feels like an opportunistic misrepresentation of my case. I don't think I've ever accused sig of being suspicious because he was unsure who to vote for. It was his specific behavior and the shakiness of his actions around the Day 1 deadline.
It's worth noting that on Day 2 he's right back on the Cobalt wagon.
sig wrote:I don't have much to add at this point, but two things are sticking out to me right know, who is or were is BirdwithTeeth11, DREAM, and Neverwhere have they postd at all or did they sub in?
The second thing is why did TB vote for LC?

I can see the case against Black Rock, but I would like to see how the night plays out before talking about any other players. I will spend tomorrow looking over the top suspicious people and form some opinions and questions for them that I will post either late night 2 or day 3.

One thing I noticed LC list and I disagree I don't find Sloonie suspicious I think his questioning is that of a good civilian even if he finds me suspicious.

LC why is SLooni mafia read to you?
Sloonie why are you lynching Black Rock if you could give me a summery at some point that would be appreciated.
I might be getting tunnel vision now, but I can't not see this post as scummy either. sig expresses light support of the Black Rock case soon after it first comes up, which I see again as an opportunistic scum trying to support the lynch of an established suspect. He also makes some easy observations about the quiet players and, interestingly, calls me a town read. I'd like to hear more about why I'm suddenly a good civilian in sig's eyes. Could he be trying to buddy up with me now that I'm on to him?

I've been getting the vibe all game long that sig seems to be posting just enough to avoid being a lurker, but not enough to be heavily involved in anything, which is one of the most definitively scummy things a player can do.

After this ISO, I feel much better about my sig vote than I did before and barring something extraordinary in gamerguy's posts, I'll be leaving it there for the time being.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

Sloonei, why do you think inconsistency is a baddie marker? I find that people who are willing to change their minds, or who are uncertain about voting are much more likely to be civillians. Baddies tend to have an idea in their head about who they can place a "legit" vote on, and tend to more or less stick to that suspicion to avoid standing out/looking like they're trying to save someone. Why does sig's inconsistency make you think "informed baddie" instead of "clueless civ"?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:Sloonei, why do you think inconsistency is a baddie marker? I find that people who are willing to change their minds, or who are uncertain about voting are much more likely to be civillians. Baddies tend to have an idea in their head about who they can place a "legit" vote on, and tend to more or less stick to that suspicion to avoid standing out/looking like they're trying to save someone. Why does sig's inconsistency make you think "informed baddie" instead of "clueless civ"?
It's a tough call.

I've been guilty myself, but I know that sometimes when a player is extremely adament and tunnels after another particular player a lot, it might be because they are teammates and the player is trying to throw his/her teammate under the bus. I think the circumstances the dictate the change of mind are more important than the fact that a player changed their mind.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

FZ. wrote:I have to say, I'm a little worried by TH myself. When I saw his suspicion of Hedge on day 0, it caught my eye and my initial thought was, this would be a case I would be building as a baddie. Something there seemed too easy. That said, I guess I can see what other people are saying about Hedge, so I thought I'd wait. But a civ TH is always always a very involved player, where as a baddie TH tends to be less involved. Not sure I find his involvement in this game to my satisfaction.

linki: okay, sorry. Like I said, I'm slow :blush:

I agree with this. I've been concerned about how little I've noticed TH this game. He's not typically one to blend in so much.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Canucklehead wrote:Sloonei, why do you think inconsistency is a baddie marker? I find that people who are willing to change their minds, or who are uncertain about voting are much more likely to be civillians. Baddies tend to have an idea in their head about who they can place a "legit" vote on, and tend to more or less stick to that suspicion to avoid standing out/looking like they're trying to save someone. Why does sig's inconsistency make you think "informed baddie" instead of "clueless civ"?
I definitely agree with what you just said and have made this exact post several times in past games. But I also think there's a difference between what I perceive as "inconsistency" and changing one's mind. In sig's post, his read on Cobalt was changing from post to post, and seemingly in posts as well. I got the impression that he was trying to force a scum read on Cobalt because everyone else was. At times he was highly suspicious, but then he'd vote for svs because that was the easiest lynch.
A townie changing their mind, I expect, would have more clearly expressed thoughts and maybe even a few discernible reasons for why they changed their mind. sig was just being inconsistent.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

that was a phone post and i felt like i had typed a lot more than i actually did. i apologize if it ended up being unclear/nonsense
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Post links for assistance.

Bass_the_Clever Posts
birdwithTeeth11 (Replaced by FZ.) Posts/Posts
Black Rock Posts
Bullzeye Posts
Cobalt Posts
Devin the Omniscient Posts
DFaraday Posts
Dragon D. Luffy (Replaced by Canucklehead) Posts/Posts
DREAM Posts
Epignosis Posts
fingersplints Posts
Golden Posts
Gumshoe Posts
Hedgeowl Posts
Long Con Posts
MetalMarsh89 Posts
MovingPictures07 (Replaced by Epignosis 2.0) Posts/Posts
Neverwhere Posts
nijuukyugou Posts
nutella Posts
Scotty Posts
sig Posts
Sloonei Posts
S~V~S Posts
timmer Posts
TinyBubbles Posts
Turnip Head Posts
XthAtGAm3RGuYX (Replaced by G-Man) Posts/Posts

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

For the above post, Metalmarsh is now my #1 town read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can read the whole exchange between Golden and Long Con on the last couple pages as two frustrated townies who are trying to work out suspicions against each other. Or I can read it as one townie and one scum. Or two scums, on either team. At the moment I'm inclined to lean toward one of the former two options. I still have Golden as a strong town read and if only one of them is scum, I'd say it's LC. But I'm not gonna say that just yet. They could both be town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

Golden wrote:
timmer wrote:To those who have played with TinyBubbles on other sites, how do you feel about her self-voting pity party? If she is a civ, and takes heat, does she do this sometimes? Is this indicative of anything in terms of her alignment?

@Bubbles, don't quit the game, please. Whatever your alignment, taking heat is a fact of life in mafia. I am being a bit of a hypocrite I guess, because I've thrown a few pity parties of my own, some of them recently tbh, but still, playing mafia means you are going to take on suspicions sometimes, it can't be avoided. Defend, please, I'd rather be convinced of your civvieness then find it out after lynching you after you threw in the towel!
She's never done it before. But she is not a fan of conflict. It has only made me feel more confident that it likely she was part of a team where some players were complaining about the fairness of the game, this is completely consistent with the person I know bubbles to be.

One thing I don't think, not even for a second, is that it is a 'pity party'. I don't think bubbles self-voted because she is bad, or because she has taken suspicion. I think it is much more likely for her to have done it - whether civ or bad - simply because she is finding the tone of much of the conflict this game to be a struggle for her.
She's never done it before but she has also never been bad before
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tiny's self-vote is the most suspicious thing she's done in this game and I don't necessarily think she'd be a bad lynch today, but I feel awful about lynching her by taking advantage of her self-vote, as seems to be happening right now. It feels a lot different from SVS on Day 1 for a number of reasons, but the point is I don't want to vote for Tiny as long as she's also voting for herself. this has nothing to do with how i'm reading her in the game, lynching her right now just doesn't feel right.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sloonei wrote:
I definitely agree with what you just said and have made this exact post several times in past games. But I also think there's a difference between what I perceive as "inconsistency" and changing one's mind. In sig's post, his read on Cobalt was changing from post to post, and seemingly in posts as well. I got the impression that he was trying to force a scum read on Cobalt because everyone else was. At times he was highly suspicious, but then he'd vote for svs because that was the easiest lynch.
A townie changing their mind, I expect, would have more clearly expressed thoughts and maybe even a few discernible reasons for why they changed their mind. sig was just being inconsistent.
While I see baddie traits to Sig, which I've pointed before, I disagree with the last sentence. I've often found myself so confused I jumped from one suspicions to another and was accused of being bad because of it. I'd like to hear Sig's defence. My main issue with Sig is that he seems very blendy. But maybe I need to reread the posts I still haven't read from the second half of day 1.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Other than Nutella, what do people think of TH?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:I can read the whole exchange between Golden and Long Con on the last couple pages as two frustrated townies who are trying to work out suspicions against each other. Or I can read it as one townie and one scum. Or two scums, on either team. At the moment I'm inclined to lean toward one of the former two options. I still have Golden as a strong town read and if only one of them is scum, I'd say it's LC. But I'm not gonna say that just yet. They could both be town.
I'll look over it again, but it seemed like Golden picked one little thing in a comment from Long Con to go after.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

FZ. wrote:Other than Nutella, what do people think of TH?
i've hardly considered him at all, which doesn't bode well for him. I'll have to do a more thorough investigation of his posts before I can give a definitive read, but for now he's done nothing to make himself stand out as a townie.
I'd like to hear his thoughts on things as they currently stand.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

FZ. wrote:Other than Nutella, what do people think of TH?
I don't have any read on him. I would agree with your assessment that he is usually more quiet as a baddie, but not usually this quiet.
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If it means anything, Turnip Head had to be replaced out of the game on RYM right before this one started, so he presumably has things going on that are keeping him away from game silliness.
he was scum in the other game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The thread seems to have fallen into silence and the lynch is far from settled. For my own selfish reasons, I ask if anyone else is considering putting their vote on sig? I'd like to hear his response to my case very much, but I continue to feel very good about my vote and I'd feel better about lynching him than anyone else right now. What thoughts do people have about him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sloonei wrote:The thread seems to have fallen into silence and the lynch is far from settled. For my own selfish reasons, I ask if anyone else is considering putting their vote on sig? I'd like to hear his response to my case very much, but I continue to feel very good about my vote and I'd feel better about lynching him than anyone else right now. What thoughts do people have about him?
Sorry, I'm using the time to catch up. It's taking longer than I'd hoped.
I was thinking of voting Sig, but I want to make sure I read everything before....Sadly, I doubt that will happen. I want to look at Sig's posts, TH's posts and Cobalt and LC's posts
What was the case against BR?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

I've fallen behind over the last day, I need to catch up. Going off of my cursory glance so far, I'm thinking Golden/LC is civ/civ. Golden, at least, is pretty unlikely to be on one of the baddie teams.

For now I'll put my vote back on TB, since I know I'm not actually going to vote for Cobalt today.

And also, I agree with Nutella that not reading the thread and not making cases are two different things. One is lazy, one can be lazy or a strategy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why are you choosing TinyBubbles?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

I'm not sure why I said "back" on TB, since I hadn't voted her to begin with. I need coffee. :keys:

EBWOP: Because I've already found her suspicious, and I haven't yet caught up on the Sig/LC/Golden stuff going on.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

FZ. wrote:
Sloonei wrote:The thread seems to have fallen into silence and the lynch is far from settled. For my own selfish reasons, I ask if anyone else is considering putting their vote on sig? I'd like to hear his response to my case very much, but I continue to feel very good about my vote and I'd feel better about lynching him than anyone else right now. What thoughts do people have about him?
I was thinking of voting Sig, but I want to make sure I read everything before....Sadly, I doubt that will happen. I want to look at Sig's posts, TH's posts and Cobalt and LC's posts
I know Golden has made a lot of posts casing BR. Check page 3 of Golden's post history, I think. I'd be more helpful if I wasn't posting this from my phone, sorry.

I think the case boils down to a lack of game related content in her posts, with the suspicion being that she's not being as active or aggressive as a civ BR would usually be, but I could be miconstruing or misremembering things here. I've been more focused on other cases today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DFaraday wrote:I'm not sure why I said "back" on TB, since I hadn't voted her to begin with. I need coffee. :keys:

EBWOP: Because I've already found her suspicious, and I haven't yet caught up on the Sig/LC/Golden stuff going on.
fair deal, i look forward to your thoughts once you've got caught up
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm definitely still strongly considering it. Still want to reread the case/some of his posts first though, might have time to do that when I get back later.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Canucklehead wrote:Thursday, June 18, 2015
9:23 AM

So I 100% lied lastnight and didn't read a damn thing or make a comment, but I'm doing so now. The wait is over, friends. Canuck is here, all is well, let your great fat bellies be soothed.
Here are my observations after reading (let's be honest, I barely read. Saying I skimmed would even be generous) Day 0/1. These are stream of consciousness notes that I'm taking as I browse, so apologies when I say shit that’s already been resolved/dealt with. Just look at it as a little extra dramatic irony in the narrative of my unfolding submersion in the game
- Lots of people I don’t recognize or know. Hi new friends! If you are at all serious about mafia, you are going to hate me. Yaaaaayyyy! *kermit arms*
- Lots of new jargon and acronyms being thrown around (gth? Iso? Yaaawwn) Looks like some of you spent too much time watching the big boys play during the Champions tournament and have become infected with their slang. Ick.
- For some reason, people are talking about the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter, and I am currently gulping coffee from my RR backer mug. I AM SOOOOO FUCKING COOOOOOOOL
- My thoughts on the perennial voting for newbs discussion: I hate and fear new people because they may be more clever than me and will steal away from me my very dear and much beloved mafia friends, so I advocate for shooting them in the face the minute they walk through the door. But that’s just me.
- Cobalt pops in with a not-so-humble brag about being MVP and having awesome instincts so we should fear her enormous mafia balls. Cool.
- Golden jumps in immediately after with a more subtle but no less eye-rolly brag about how he was sooooooo smart his first mafia game that everyone got naked and did a dance in his honour. Did everyone take an extra dose of Chest Puffing pills this morning?
- I'm in love with Gumshoe. Hi, sailor.
- Epi thinks "interesting" is a stupid word. I agree. The next time an undergrad hands me a paper telling me how "interesting" Measure for Measure is, I am going to set it alight and force them to watch their minutes of half-hearted effort burn to ashes in front of their eyes. HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA. Take that, undergrad!
- Epi's analysis of LC is poorly received by SVS who is too savvy to be impressed by "enigmatic crap"
- People are now saying "interesting" a lot. I imagine this is a baddie plot to get Epi's face to explode. I wonder if it will work!
- Bwt shows up and Golden drops in an OT comment about bwt bussing a teamie that, were I being especially paranoid, I might think is laying the very first teeny seed in case bwt should need to be set-up for a lynching later…
- Epi is ON FIRE this game. His response to SVS is astute and on point
- Golden attempts to buddy up to Epi, but his buddying up to Epi is not as good as my buddying up to Epi
- I've just noticed that there is a player who has Paprika from Blue's Clues as their avatar. I will never vote for this person.
- OMG I'm only on page 5. This is super tedious and boring tbqh.
- Golden attempts to make a portmanteau about a colourless rainbow. Fails. Instead, makes a portmanteau evoking the plethora of wheat varieties available in this great nation.
- Gumshoe likes Golden's word. I no longer like Gumshoe.
- DDL (aka old me) pops in with a banal post. Yawn. Former me is boring.
- People are trying to gang up on Gumshoe, my beautiful love (I lied before, when I said it was over between us. I can't pretend anymore. Even if you do like Golden's horrible word, I LOVE YOU GUMSHOE! TAKEMENOW!), and should be prepared to face my wrath for impugning his spotless character.
- TH, our knight errant, comes pricking onto the plain with his sword directed at Hedgeowl's heart. I had no recollection of Hedgie's posts, and I just read them within the last hour, so I can definitely buy some sort of blendiness accusation there….I could also, however, buy an attempt by TH to redirect discussion away from Epi's attention suck and onto other things….
- MM votes for LC and runs.…
- Ooooh! I just replaced in! AND I CANNOT BE LYNCHED, BITCHES! HAHHAHAHAHHAHHA
- Epi strokes my ego by bringing up Roger Rabbit. I do very much like having my ego stroked, but I guarantee I will not play that well in this game. That might have been a once in a lifetime blaze of glory for me and it was fucking exhausting. For this game, I'm back to my usual MO of relying on snark and latching on to other people's suspicions to get me through this game.
- Scotty provides some nice cover for me by "speculating" that I'm neither mafia nor a civ power role. Thanks, Scotty!
- DDL comes back in to ruin my ill-gotten trust. Bastard.
- Dfaraday pops in with a post that makes it clear he hasn't really read the thread, and instead has only read a few people's impressions of the thread
- Paprika asks a lot of questions that she wants to seem important/probing….but I don't think she's hitting the analytical home runs she thinks she is
- MP WOT INCOMING!!!!! Hi, MP. Missed you.
- I basically skimmed the last couple of pages cuz I got bored.

Right now, I'd be willing to vote for Golden, SVS, Cobalt, Slooni, and maybe LC or TH.

Glancing at the poll, it seems like there are lots of people who haven't chimed in on anything (but maybe I just glossed over them in my "read through")…..Dreams? Tiny Bubbles? Who else?
Too bad I didn't see this post before I spent all that time reading. Very enjoyable :nicenod:
Who's Paprika?

Question for Canuck: You said DF obviously didn't read the thread and just read a few people's impressions, which to me is something baddies often do, yet he wasn't one of your options for a vote. Did his post seem genuine to you? Also, do you still find Golden bad?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i'm Paprika
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

I have to say at this point that I am not reading, nor will I read at all, any of LC's responses to me over night. I simply have no interest in them.

LC came after me in bibilical. He didn't know what he was talking about, but I looked at the content and said 'this is a civ'. This time I feel the opposite. I don't like the way he came after me. I don't believe it was legit.

That's all I have to say on it, because I literally zero interest in revisiting it any more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:
timmer wrote:To those who have played with TinyBubbles on other sites, how do you feel about her self-voting pity party? If she is a civ, and takes heat, does she do this sometimes? Is this indicative of anything in terms of her alignment?

@Bubbles, don't quit the game, please. Whatever your alignment, taking heat is a fact of life in mafia. I am being a bit of a hypocrite I guess, because I've thrown a few pity parties of my own, some of them recently tbh, but still, playing mafia means you are going to take on suspicions sometimes, it can't be avoided. Defend, please, I'd rather be convinced of your civvieness then find it out after lynching you after you threw in the towel!
She's never done it before. But she is not a fan of conflict. It has only made me feel more confident that it likely she was part of a team where some players were complaining about the fairness of the game, this is completely consistent with the person I know bubbles to be.

One thing I don't think, not even for a second, is that it is a 'pity party'. I don't think bubbles self-voted because she is bad, or because she has taken suspicion. I think it is much more likely for her to have done it - whether civ or bad - simply because she is finding the tone of much of the conflict this game to be a struggle for her.
She's never done it before but she has also never been bad before
Exactly.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:I have to say at this point that I am not reading, nor will I read at all, any of LC's responses to me over night. I simply have no interest in them.

LC came after me in bibilical. He didn't know what he was talking about, but I looked at the content and said 'this is a civ'. This time I feel the opposite. I don't like the way he came after me. I don't believe it was legit.

That's all I have to say on it, because I literally zero interest in revisiting it any more.
That's fine, I don't want to continue a thread-dominating slugfest where we keep repeating ourselves at length. I think we have both both everything out there that needs to be said, and we can leave it to the rest to read and decide what they think.

If you really believed I killed Epig, then you would have made it known before. You killed Epig, and are trying to push forth the frame-up on me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:If you really believed I killed Epig, then you would have made it known before. You killed Epig, and are trying to push forth the frame-up on me.
At what point would have I made it known? Before I had figured it out?
Golden wrote:It took me a while to connect the dots. I've been mulling over why he would not be completely truthful in this thread while making it very obvious in another. It suddenly occurred to me that he might do it so as to not drop his replacement in it, because being honest about his reasons here would connect it directly to epi.
That's the point at which I started thinking it might have something to do with epi. That is shortly before I didn't die, so just before the dawn of today. Shortly after the dawn of today, I had you in my team. This is why I cannot believe your 'frame job' posts are legit - even this post from you, it's just not legit.

But then I even bring up biblical myself and I remember that... you weren't reading the thread then either. So maybe I am expecting more of you than I should be. I just don't like when people raise theories which don't actually make any sense... but then you are the guy who thought I could be Isaac's teammate after pursuing him solidly for 7 days.

Ugh, I dunno LC. I said, even when this all began, that I wanted to lynch OTHERS to test my theory, not you. But I still think your post after going back and searching my posts was incredibly strongly worded so as to get people to think a certain way about me, and that just does not feel good to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ugh, there is just literally no part of your case that makes sense, but I just need to let it go, I think.

That's for epi.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I read a few posts from TB. The first post about her being a civ a third time in a row, and how she can't work on her hunting skills because you have to be a thief to catch one, seems to scummy to actually be scummy, if you know what I mean.
Then, her second post is a reply to Sonnei, who asks her who she would vote for out of the top contenders. She answers that at the risk of appearing bandwagoning, she would choose SVS or Cobalt. That sounds genuine to me.

So at the moment, I don't think I see the suspicion.

On to the rest
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sloonei wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I know Golden has made a lot of posts casing BR. Check page 3 of Golden's post history, I think. I'd be more helpful if I wasn't posting this from my phone, sorry.

I think the case boils down to a lack of game related content in her posts, with the suspicion being that she's not being as active or aggressive as a civ BR would usually be, but I could be miconstruing or misremembering things here. I've been more focused on other cases today.
Actually, last game I played with her, I said the same thing about BR, and people kept telling me I was wrong, and BR was as bad as they got. So maybe I should look into it more :ponder:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm going to shift my vote to sig for now.

I'm frustrated by the LC situation, but I think I've lost objectivity.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

sig wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote: And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief.

This first lynch vote i'm gonna probably bandwagon on the most voted person, since i figure that is marginally better than voting a random. It's a cop out, i know. Don't shoot me.
Snipped out some stuff, What Tiny Bubbles said is about being town is sending off warning bells, as well as saying they aren't very good at catching mafia until they play as mafia. This could be what he said or not. My thoughts on this is that maybe this was a first time mafia slip up? Saying they got Civ again and won't be good at catching mafia. Could this be a set up for when they try to lynch Cobalt? Here is the scenario, Cobalt gets lynched flips civilian TIny can turn around and say "since I was never mafia I'm not good at catching them" The first portion is more suspicious then that, but I still find it worth noting, I'm also using Cobalt as the example since TIny has voted for him.

The other thing Tiny said they were most likely going to bandwagon a person the reasoning being it is better then they lynch Cobalt someone with no votes and Tiny is the third person to vote. Not following what they said in this post.

So Tiny why go from bandwagoning on the highest voted player to voting for Cobalt? Also what do you mean by "cop out"

I did read your other posts explaining your votes, but it seems strange to have that change of mind could you explain to me why I should vote for say Cobalt over LC?
This seems like an easy way to throw accusation. Like I said, the third time civ comment seems too scummy to really be one, but an easy one for baddies to latch on to.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:I'm going to shift my vote to sig for now.

I'm frustrated by the LC situation, but I think I've lost objectivity.
I still need to read this, but I can't get to it.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”