The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92

Re: [Day 5] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by FZ. »

Would it sound too paranoid if I said there's a possibility Sloonei did get recruited/corrupted or whatever, and now he was silenced to get him back to the level of trust he possessed before those hooded guys did a high five?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

I think fear of recruitment is a pretty reasonable paranoia. I'm generally pretty worried about that as well in games.
Is there any reason you think that though?
Gro-oo-ovy
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I mean anything's a possibility because we still don't know what the recruitment looks like, if it looks like anything. If someone is corrupted, would they be mentioned in the Singer's lyrics?
In sloonei's case, I'm rather confused as to his switch to Dfaraday, who hasn't pinged me at all. Nutella i sorta get, but by voting for people that have literally never received a vote and not being able to back yourself up is a little headscratch-y.

Other people mentioned by the singer:
night 1: "don't forget Cobalt's in the mafia"
Night 2: "the trouble with Long Con is how do you know he's a livin fella? Try Nutella...not as salty as Cobalt...not as curious as Sloonei"
Night 3: "she's so bad!...she's got nothing to do but be dead...everyone's voting Nutella! (X2)"
Night 4; "so many baddies in our sight...Cobalt! G-Man! Epignosis! Tiny Bubbles!"

The more I look at it, the more I want to say that Gman might be correct in thinking the singer is just a personality of the host, bringing light to suspicions in the thread, and/or making fun of people's name (in the case of Nutella methinks)

But Sloonei's hooded reference is a stage direction.
"Sloonei sits on the floor...[Hooded figures] shake hands, and ascend out."

Whereas Golden was killed and seemingly ressurrected (Or Dom just made a mistake), Sloonei had third parties involved. But why would they be mentioned at all unless it meant something? They didn't interact with Sloonei, which honestly could mean they made some backdoor deal without involving Sloonei at all.
I dunno guys, I don't think it's Sloonei or else he would have been a part of the hooded duo.

It could be a corruption of someone else, however. And the singer may have nothing to do with it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Some notes about the singer:
-he/she has only sung from Sondheim shows so far (West Side, Sweeney Todd, Gypsy, A Funny Thing Happened)
-Has been labeled as Angela Lansbury by playGolden (for Sweeney Todd), then playSloonei makes an aside in Night 3 of "who is that guy" which tells me the singer's the same person with a wig on every time.
-Reminds me the MC in Cabaret or the Narrator in several shows including Into the Woods. But it's not those. I'm almost 75% sure if the singer is based on anything, he's based on:
-Pseudolus, of Funny Thing Happened. Originally played by Nathan Lane, he starts the show with the sililoquy "Comedy Tonight", setting up the mood, and attempting to be funny about it.

If a civ has any part of the singer's shenanigans, I'm 75% sure it's Funny Thing Happened.

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

My paranoid side reallyreallyreally wants to jump on the "Sloonei's been recruited" wagon. Like REALLY. Mostly because I'm personally pretty convinced that the Wildhorn team has a recruitment/"corruption" mechanism, and because Sloonei is 100% exactly who I would recruit if I was on a baddie team with that power. Not only did he have MondoSuperExtraDuper Civ cred in the thread prior to the hooded dudes night, I'm also very, very confident that Sloonei is capable of pulling off the delicate balance of being a recruit (maintaining civ cred in the thread, not altering behaviour, able to cogently explain away any possible suspicions of corruptedness, etc). I think Sloonei would be the obvious and ideal candidate to recruit, and I think that if a team has the ability to recruit and a choice in when they get to do it, it's almost always the right move to recruit early. The only reservation I have about Sloonei being the recruit, is that the whole hooded figures high five thing would seem like a pretty leading element to include in a night post, and I'm not sure whether or not Dom would give us that much info. Perhaps because the roles/abilites are unknown this game he'd be willing to do so? But putting that much heat on a player because of a host post is an interesting hosting conundrum. Not sure where Dom would stand on that.....

Of course, there's also the fact that all this is pure speculation. It's not enough to go after Sloonei yet, but I am definitely watching him very carefully from now on, and definitely have the possibility of corruption/recruitment firmly in my mind when reading his posts (once he can talk again, that is....)

That was a lot of rambling that didn't say much, I know. :sigh:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Canucklehead wrote:My paranoid side reallyreallyreally wants to jump on the "Sloonei's been recruited" wagon. Like REALLY. Mostly because I'm personally pretty convinced that the Wildhorn team has a recruitment/"corruption" mechanism, and because Sloonei is 100% exactly who I would recruit if I was on a baddie team with that power. Not only did he have MondoSuperExtraDuper Civ cred in the thread prior to the hooded dudes night, I'm also very, very confident that Sloonei is capable of pulling off the delicate balance of being a recruit (maintaining civ cred in the thread, not altering behaviour, able to cogently explain away any possible suspicions of corruptedness, etc). I think Sloonei would be the obvious and ideal candidate to recruit, and I think that if a team has the ability to recruit and a choice in when they get to do it, it's almost always the right move to recruit early. The only reservation I have about Sloonei being the recruit, is that the whole hooded figures high five thing would seem like a pretty leading element to include in a night post, and I'm not sure whether or not Dom would give us that much info. Perhaps because the roles/abilites are unknown this game he'd be willing to do so? But putting that much heat on a player because of a host post is an interesting hosting conundrum. Not sure where Dom would stand on that.....

Of course, there's also the fact that all this is pure speculation. It's not enough to go after Sloonei yet, but I am definitely watching him very carefully from now on, and definitely have the possibility of corruption/recruitment firmly in my mind when reading his posts (once he can talk again, that is....)

I don't think corruption can automatically happen without guessing one of the 3 roles in the PM, canuck. So..yes, it's the right move to recruit early, but I the question is, did LC guess right?
Again, the fact that 2 hooded figures didn't interact with Sloonei leads me to believe it wasn't Sloonei but someone else that was corrupted, if any.
That was a lot of rambling that didn't say much, I know. :sigh:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Umm, I messed up my post there, but my response is in the middle of your quote.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Not much point discussing Sloonei until he gets here.
With G-man, assuming he's really a baddie, we don't get much out of his lynch in terms of connections. Maybe it's worth looking at the gamer guy's posts and votes. Did anyone do that already?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Maybe the two hooded guys are two out of the three he had to guess from. Maybe it's all just flavour. No idea
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Post by G-Man »

And my vote makes it a majority! How appropriate- I'm the 13th vote for myself and the 19th vote overall. Obviously nothing good can come of this.

DOM- As per our discussion, I am now publicly requesting the activation of you know what.

This is going to be fun to watch. :feb:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Also, per our discussion, here is proof of a majority vote for me:

My Banners:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

wat

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Trying to pull a Ruth here, G-Man? ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

inb4 G-Man either bombs or somehow survives this phase
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

I meant to post this earlier but I got sidetracked.

Placeholder vote on someone who definitely won't be lynched today. Too busy to participate cuz of life stuff but when this situation blows over I'll be back full force. Good luck today.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

FZ. wrote:Not much point discussing Sloonei until he gets here.
I totes disagree with this. Discussing people's thoughts of other people is always relevant, whether the person-in-question is around to refute/contribute or not. Getting other people's thoughts on Sloonei (or any player, really) is super important. I learn very little about people through their direct responses to my thoughts on them. I learn much more about people through the way they talk about others. :nicenod:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

For what it's worth, I can totally see Sloonei on Long Con's team. Not as a recruit but as a full-fledged member. Look at his vote history. His Day 1 vote pulled Cobalt ahead of Long Con.* His late Day 2 vote could be viewed as a form of insurance in case Cobalt was capable of deflecting the lynch to the second-highest vote recipient. He is the first vote registered on Day 3 against Sig.** His Day 4 vote for Long Con came well after Long Con's lead over me was re-established and Long Con's lynching seemed inevitable. Today's vote is difficult to explain other than him voting immediately to signify that he was silenced. It is also changeable, allowing him to draw attention to other players by switching his vote to them and eventually joining the flock to pile on me late in the day.

*Day 1's votes were changeable, so the true timing of his vote on my charts is uncertain.
**Same goes for Day 3.
My Banners:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

G-man why didnt you try to defend yourself? Instead you just asked people to keep voting for you so you could use some kind of role power that might have helped the civs later down the road. This comes off bad to me and for that reason I'm voting for you .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:G-man why didnt you try to defend yourself? Instead you just asked people to keep voting for you so you could use some kind of role power that might have helped the civs later down the road. This comes off bad to me and for that reason I'm voting for you .
Because defending myself against the words and actions of another player who made himself look bad beyond bad is a fool's errand. Besides, my vote analysis takes 3-4 days to kick into gear. I honestly didn't expect you guys to give me that kind of time. Color me surprised.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Oh and thank you for your vote Bass, it allows me to switch mine. :daisy:
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

DOM- revised screenshot for proof after I changed my vote. Now we're good to go.

My Banners:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:Would it sound too paranoid if I said there's a possibility Sloonei did get recruited/corrupted or whatever, and now he was silenced to get him back to the level of trust he possessed before those hooded guys did a high five?
I would say your focus on sloonei as the corruptee based on no evidence that I can see makes me look with more suspicion on you rather than sloonei.

But on the other hand, I'd also say that paranoia is always healthy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I actually think G-Man's theory that Sloonei was on LCs team all along is more likely than the Sloonei being recruited theory. It's a decent theory.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I refuse to believe that we are this dependent upon Slooeni for conversation. Speak up people- while you still can. :feb:
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:I refuse to believe that we are this dependent upon Slooeni for conversation. Speak up people- while you still can. :feb:
No.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

^ Probably not a bad idea to keep any eye on this joker too.

He's been way off his normal game. I mean, he's only 73 posts ahead of me right now. Suspicious silence is suspicious. :eye: :eye:
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:^ Probably not a bad idea to keep any eye on this joker too.

He's been way off his normal game. I mean, he's only 73 posts ahead of me right now. Suspicious silence is suspicious. :eye: :eye:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:^ Probably not a bad idea to keep any eye on this joker too.

From my limited experience here, your normal game involves posting a metric ton of irascible verbiage that gets you killed within two or three days. Your second incarnation has been around for four days. You're still alive, so by my math, you're off your game. :haha:
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

In my experience, epi is off his game whenever he is not the host. I still find it bizarre playing games in which he is not hosting.

As for talking more - what do you suggest we talk about, G-Man? I do have other suspects, but what is the value in talking about them right now?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:In my experience, epi is off his game whenever he is not the host. I still find it bizarre playing games in which he is not hosting.

As for talking more - what do you suggest we talk about, G-Man? I do have other suspects, but what is the value in talking about them right now?
:shrug:

I'm just surprised it's so dead in here.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:
Golden wrote:In my experience, epi is off his game whenever he is not the host. I still find it bizarre playing games in which he is not hosting.

:shrug:

I'm just surprised it's so dead in here.
You'll get used to the deadness.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:wat
I'm thinking that I made the right choice in not voting for G-Man. :noble: Maybe... :shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:You'll get used to the deadness.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man, what are your thoughts on this day period?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:G-Man, what are your thoughts on this day period?
It's been quiet. Too quiet.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Are you expecting someone in particular to be less quiet?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If you had a trick up your sleeve, you wouldn't sound like a serial villain when you hatched it.

Your threats are bupkis.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Are you expecting someone in particular to be less quiet?
No but I guess it makes sense for it to be so quiet if Sloonei can't talk. He is the top poster for the game to date. And Golden's silencing yesterday, coupled with LC's lynching nipped their feud in the bud. And Cobalt seems to have calmed down too. I guess I have a warped perspective because most of my time to play the game is during work, when most other people aren't around. Maybe it's just the runaway train on me that killed discussion but I don't remember the game being dead silent for hours on end except for when I'm sleeping.

Epignosis wrote:If you had a trick up your sleeve, you wouldn't sound like a serial villain when you hatched it.

Your threats are bupkis.
Hush you. :fishslap:
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Are you going to die this day period G-Man?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I love that G-Man resorted to a literal wifom meme.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Are you going to die this day period G-Man?
No.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:
No.
Is anybody going to die this day period?

Do you enjoy being interrogated?

Do you feel comfortable with where your vote is?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I would personally feel more comfortable if G-Man's vote was on one of the absentees such as Gumshoe or Turnip Head.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
No.
Is anybody going to die this day period?

Do you enjoy being interrogated?

Do you feel comfortable with where your vote is?
Lots of people die every day, so sure.

Yes. I'm weird like that.

Yes. Based on my vote charts, it's possible that Tiny B is a baddie.
My Banners:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Cheers, all!

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:I would personally feel more comfortable if G-Man's vote was on one of the absentees such as Gumshoe or Turnip Head.
Has anyone heard from TH? I miss him and want to make sure he's alive and stuff.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I apparently don't know how to embed pictures.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:I apparently don't know how to embed pictures.
You can't embed the site the image shows up on. You need the actual url of the image (right click the image and click "View image" to get this.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

)
Scotty
Jeff