JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

indiglo wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One point I'd like to throw out there that lore-knowers can contest or not:

It strikes me as unlikely that the alignment of characters in the show will entirely define the alignment of characters in this game. We have a mechanic in place that reveals players' characters, as has happened with Epignosis. If there's a consistent correlation between show alignment and game alignment, then wouldn't this mechanic eventually break the game?
This could be a valid point. Especially since the Final 5 will not be lore based (to prevent us obviously knowing who they are). Certain things definitely seem lore based, but I agree that not everything can be, or obvious game would be obvious. And I'm not sure if an individual cylon's alignment would be one of those things. It's just that... Athena being bad would go so against everything in the show...

Or was that not what you were getting at?
No, Epignosis doesn't have to be bad. If we're all willing to agree that cylon does not equal baddie, then we can judge Epignosis purely by his content and not his nylon/metallic structure (or whatever cylons are made of). I just wanted to establish that problem before it becomes a problematic mindset later.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:Ahem.
I'm dumb.
G-Man wrote:As for Glorfindel, he's my Lazy Rotten Debra of the game so far. He's made 13 posts and a few of them are of the "catching up :sigh: " variety. He posts a few civvie vibes, agrees with a lot of other people's thoughts, gets sidetracked into lore/mechanics discussions, and tells us who he won't vote for. What's missing is independent thought and any mention of his own suspicions. That's almost exactly what Debra did in Biblical Mafia, hence the term Lazy Rotten Debra.

linki: Indiglo, I can take the 11:49 a.m. again tomorrow if you need someone
[/quote]

Your points are noted. I'll consider making him an ISO priority.

There's a "Debra" in the Bible? :huh:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Deborah.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

@ JJJ - I think that's valid. Probably the same should hold true for our human/civ reads too. Open to the possibility of them turning traitorous due to Final 5 shenanigans or whatnot.

I suppose that's what you meant by not knowing for sure how to play this game. I felt the same entering Turf Wars, but then win cons were public knowledge.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

re: sortie -

If I'm doing my math right - 11:49 is 9:49 my time. (2 hours in the winter - god AZ's stubborn insistence to not follow DST drives me bonkers)

If that's the case, I should be free to do any of the Sortie times at 11:49 pm till roughly next Sunday. I'm on day shift till then and even staying late, they usually kick me out before a quarter to 10pm lol.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:
Matt wrote:Epi - Not asking you to divulge but you have no idea who Helo or Boomer are, then?
Oh, sure I do! That's two of them people what's listed on the front page, ain't they?
Since MM joke voted you on Day 1 and then you were lynched and we got a Cylon, should town go 2 for 2 and vote Zeebs today based on Marmot's random joke voting?
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

G-Man wrote:
indiglo wrote:@ G-Man - Good notes, thanks for sharing those. I don't remember MM's playstyle at all (assuming we've played together much, which I don't remember either, how sad) so is this pretty typical for MM? Or is he usually a more serious player?
A few months have passed since I last played a game with him openly (was he in EST Heist?) and I'm bad at tracking metas. I know he's goofy but I'm feeling disarmed by him so far.
I remember him as being goofy but it seems like I could see reasons for his vote. I don't see a reason for a zebra vote.

Also GMan thanks for the reads.

Matt has brought up B3 as a target for my 5:49 sortie ( I had suggested B6 earlier). I think his suggestion comes from a theory he had earlier in the game but I can't quite recall what it is. I am starting to lean civ on Matt so I don't mind satisfying his urge to see that sector covered. Any thoughts on this?

Indi I can do the next 5:49 pm (not today, I already have that, but tomorrow) unless someone else really wants to do it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Ok, popping off for a bit. I'll be back.

May 11, 5:49 pm EST - juliets
May 11, 11:49 pm EST - Scotty
May 12, 5:49 am EST - SVS
May 12, 11:49 am EST - G-Man
May 12, 5:49 pm EST - juliets
May 12, 11:49 pm EST - Bea
May 13, 5:49 am EST - SVS
May 13, 11:49 am EST -
May 13, 5:49 pm EST -
May 13, 11:49 pm EST -

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6

Linki - Ok, bea, how about May 12, 11:49 pm? (And yes, your time calculation is accurate!) I'll tentatively add you to that slot.

Linki - Matt, Logic, FTW! :D

Linki - ok, got you too juliets!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Deborah.
Oh okay, that definitely sounds more Biblical. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I'm dumb.
G-Man wrote:As for Glorfindel, he's my Lazy Rotten Debra of the game so far. He's made 13 posts and a few of them are of the "catching up :sigh: " variety. He posts a few civvie vibes, agrees with a lot of other people's thoughts, gets sidetracked into lore/mechanics discussions, and tells us who he won't vote for. What's missing is independent thought and any mention of his own suspicions. That's almost exactly what Debra did in Biblical Mafia, hence the term Lazy Rotten Debra.

Ah, yes. Deborah, not Debra. Sorry. Lazy Rotten Deborah. See? The experience of her in that game traumatized me so much that the correct pronunciation of her name has been stricken from my memory. :blush:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I'm dumb.

Ah, yes. Deborah, not Debra. Sorry. Lazy Rotten Deborah. See? The experience of her in that game traumatized me so much that the correct pronunciation of her name has been stricken from my memory. :blush:
Am I losing my mind? Correct spelling, not pronunciation. :disappoint:
My Banners:
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night One

Post by ObscureAllure »

ObscureAllure wrote:I'd like to hear more from Black Rock, SVS, Juliet, Zebra, LoRab, and nutella. Bak in the day I knew you guys to be very vocal. I feel haven't seen much from you guys. (Then again, with only a hand full of people dominating the thread, I guess it's going to make it seem like everyone else is quiet regardless of their actual contribution, especially when so much time is spent just trying to catch up on how many "no you!"s we have on each page.)
3:41 pm

a few minutes and a few posts later 4:03 LoRab posts
LoRab wrote:So say we all.

Just caught up. Have been on once or twice over the past RL day with quicker catch ups. The tone of some of the posts in the thread has been unpleasant and makes me really not want to post.

Enough with the pretending to know the game better than anyone else.

Enough with the personal insults.

Enough with the repeating the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again.

Enough with the pretending to be the smartest person in the room.

Enough with saying that anyone who disagrees with an opinion is trying to discredit a player.

Just enough.
Ricochet wrote:Also, I am officially done ever using the word scum in mafia games here and shall revert back to our traditional, cute "baddies" term. It was kinda fun and contagious to adopt scum back when a lot of new players arrived from other forums (think it was around the time of Biblical Mafia?) and were using that instead for baddies, but right now it's contagiousness has turned of the pestilential kind, so no point considering it fun to use anymore.
I fully agree with you here. I have never liked the term "scum" and have never really used it. I also think baddies is more accurate.
Then at 4:08 Nutella posts
nutella wrote:God damn this is by far the most asinine mafia thread I have ever had to read. :disappoint:
Again later someone metions them and Lorab at 6:40
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Somebody tell me how in the hell I scumhunt if we are going to assume anyone is town or scum? WTF am I supposed to do in this game then?
For starters, stop shutting down the opinions of those who are used to complicated set ups. Those of us that have been playing here and on Syndicate's Cousin Sites are used to set ups in which good and bad isn't all that clear cut. This is just another variation on our normal.

To be plain, I would be absolutely shocked and disappointed if this were a simple game of civ v mafia. That simply wouldn't make sense given the description, the roles, and the general expectation of this site (with a game like this with no win conditions listed--there are certainly civ v mafia games, but they are described as such).

It's a different skill set, to be sure, to find baddies in such a game. Perhaps it could be useful if this is entirely unfamiliar to listen to those for whom this is not unfamiliar territory.
Nutella at 6:54
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Somebody tell me how in the hell I scumhunt if we are going to assume anyone is town or scum? WTF am I supposed to do in this game then?
For starters, stop shutting down the opinions of those who are used to complicated set ups. Those of us that have been playing here and on Syndicate's Cousin Sites are used to set ups in which good and bad isn't all that clear cut. This is just another variation on our normal.

To be plain, I would be absolutely shocked and disappointed if this were a simple game of civ v mafia. That simply wouldn't make sense given the description, the roles, and the general expectation of this site (with a game like this with no win conditions listed--there are certainly civ v mafia games, but they are described as such).

It's a different skill set, to be sure, to find baddies in such a game. Perhaps it could be useful if this is entirely unfamiliar to listen to those for whom this is not unfamiliar territory.
Yes, this. We have had numerous games that were not simply black and white "town" versus "scum" because honestly that gets really boring after a while. SW, ika, this may be new for you but try to keep an open mind about what a mafia game can look like and how complex the alignment system can get, and also maybe pay some attention to those who have show-lore-knowledge that might help understand such complexity for this particular game. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but show some flexibility and open-mindedness because that is how we play here. You are welcome to your opinions but please don't be rude about them or try to shove them down people's throats.
then 7:03 LoRab again
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Well put, Lorab.
I asked for how we scumhunt in this setup. Not a lecture on shutting up and listening to those who play on the Syndicate longer than I have.

God you people are rude as hell to those that haven't been here as long as you and it shows in almost every single game.
If you preceived me as rude, then I truly apologize. That was not my intent. I don't like when people feel bad and it is never my intention. So, if I came off as anything other than welcoming, I apologize.

That said, I was trying to be helpful. You asked a question. In noticing that many people have posited theories that include the negation of a simple good/bad game, and that you had completely torn down many of those posts, I commented that it might be helpful to read them and take notes from them.

I did not lecture you. I was not intentionally rude. I did not tell you to shut up. I was answering your question that you posed to the thread.

And it's not about playing here longer--it's about being used to set ups in which there are many areas of grey and having experience playing in games where simple mafia/civ games are a rarity. If I were to play on MS (which is not likely--the game played there is worlds different from what we play here and when I explored that site it did not look like a fun game at all, for me, personally), I would pay attention to the posts, ideas, and strategies of the players that were regulars there. Learning about a culture is a big piece of learning how to play any sort of game in any sort of realm.

And I haven't actually been on this site all that long. And certainly have my disagreements with many of those who have been playing here longer. I was trying to be helpful.

It just felt like when their names were mentioned they both popped up together. Totally could be coincidence totally could be townie BTSC could totally be bad BTSC could totally be they just happened to both see their names and felt the need to respond. Dunno. Just something I noticed.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Matt wrote:Epi - Not asking you to divulge but you have no idea who Helo or Boomer are, then?
Oh, sure I do! That's two of them people what's listed on the front page, ain't they?
Since MM joke voted you on Day 1 and then you were lynched and we got a Cylon, should town go 2 for 2 and vote Zeebs today based on Marmot's random joke voting?
I haven't formed an opinion on a2thezebra, whose posts are just swift, intermittent jabs that don't reveal anything to me.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

sounds good indi!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Okay gotta go for a few folks.

I'm seriously inclined to follow Marmot's joke vote again. No offense Zeebs.

I'm also still looking at Rico a tiny tiny bit, and 3J.

Everyone seems to want to vote nutella, I can't ever read nutella so I dunno. Surely in that case she'll come back bad and I'll look stoopid.

Be back later peeps!

OH, and juliets, you can pick whatever you want for your slot. My theory was that in the show, the Hub was found in "Sector Delta 9", and depending on your PoV, the "9th sector" on our list could either be B3 or C2.

But yeah whatever you wanna do!

Peace
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at E5.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Nerolunar wrote:Did Inawordyes not replace out after all?
I haven't been able to find a replacement, so I've asked IAWY to commence playing again if he can. He is going to try.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ObscureAllure wrote:Just something I noticed.
I like that you noticed it. I don't know whether it means anything, but I like that you noticed it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
G-Man wrote:Linki: The whimsical vote-ninja snark-marmot strikes again. :suspish:
I've gotten used to MM's haphazard votes by now, I'm not much more predictable myself. It doesn't rub me the wrong way.
I was surprised at your lack of response until someone else mentioned it. :ponder:

If you had voted for me in such a way, I think I would have at least rolled my eyes or something.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:
indiglo wrote:G-Man, I am also nervous of nutella, and of course, LC.

Is there anything specific on Metalmarsh that gives you pause?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd be interested in hearing your beefs with Metalmarsh89 and Glorfindel to round out your top four, since I've already examined the other two thoroughly.
A lot of my issues with Metalmarsh revolve around his lack of substance. I've been noting page #'s on my notes spreadsheet, so the information below relates to page #'s in the thread (assuming a thread set to 40 posts per page).

He starts out Day 1 with his usual silliness. Maybe it's because I was just in a game he hosted (hence he was a little more serious) that has me thrown off but his silliness seemed to run on too long. His early vote was odd and on page 15 he was asking some very easily answered questions and then more goofiness. More fluff and snark until page 29. That's when I first note him saying anything that I deemed useful. He was cautioning listening to what Epi was saying. This is after the lynch mind you. That means he coasted through Day 1 on a whimsical flying snark machine. :suspish:

Some other things he said seemed off. He didn't believe that some Toasters could be civ-aligned, which makes a lot of sense for a complex game based on what seems to be a complex show. On top of it all, Golden the Coward ;) speficially mentions that wincons are secret. His skepticism of the checkerboard grid plan was palatable to a point- Drum could have suggested that grid plot because it would miss the rezz ship(s) but it wasn't so sneaky at all. I also grew tired of him by page 37 because it seemed like he was content to just troll Ika rather than keep the game rolling forward.

I have very little on him during Day 2 just yet. All in all, he coasted, he poked, he shrugged, and he called it a day. I didn't see much helpful content and the whole sum of it makes me give him a hard sideways glance.
I was content with trolling ika?

If you're looking for Day 2 content, you'll notice that I mentioned I'd be gone for a whole day.

Also, I did not troll ika. Well, at least not more than I've trolled anyone else. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I haven't formed an opinion on a2thezebra, whose posts are just swift, intermittent jabs that don't reveal anything to me.
Next time I'm bad in a game with you I'll be sure to stick to swift, intermittent jabs then.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote: I'm seriously inclined to follow Marmot's joke vote again. No offense Zeebs.
I didn't perceive it as a joke vote, how do you know it was a joke vote? :suspish:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Okay gotta go for a few folks.

I'm seriously inclined to follow Marmot's joke vote again. No offense Zeebs.

I'm also still looking at Rico a tiny tiny bit, and 3J.

Everyone seems to want to vote nutella, I can't ever read nutella so I dunno. Surely in that case she'll come back bad and I'll look stoopid.

Be back later peeps!

OH, and juliets, you can pick whatever you want for your slot. My theory was that in the show, the Hub was found in "Sector Delta 9", and depending on your PoV, the "9th sector" on our list could either be B3 or C2.

But yeah whatever you wanna do!

Peace
This was an unexpected response too.

Why you follow me to certain death?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Matt wrote: I'm seriously inclined to follow Marmot's joke vote again. No offense Zeebs.
I didn't perceive it as a joke vote, how do you know it was a joke vote? :suspish:
How do you know it wasn't a joke vote? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
G-Man wrote:Linki: The whimsical vote-ninja snark-marmot strikes again. :suspish:
I've gotten used to MM's haphazard votes by now, I'm not much more predictable myself. It doesn't rub me the wrong way.
I was surprised at your lack of response until someone else mentioned it. :ponder:

If you had voted for me in such a way, I think I would have at least rolled my eyes or something.
I'm still burnt out from that time where you voted at the beginning of the day, I tried to get you lynched for it, and no one would listen to me because no one was surprised that you did that. I have joined that club of not being surprised by your antics, I just hope that one day I will get a club of my own that's never surprised when I do or say unexpected things.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

@OA: I assure you, it is coincidence. My posts are based entirely on when I am able to get online and play.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I didn't say or even remotely imply that I did, nice try though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I'm still burnt out from that time where you voted at the beginning of the day, I tried to get you lynched for it, and no one would listen to me because no one was surprised that you did that. I have joined that club of not being surprised by your antics, I just hope that one day I will get a club of my own that's never surprised when I do or say unexpected things.
That's when you learn to look beyond those things. :eye:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I was almost lynched yesterday. I wouldn't say that nobody was surprised or overlooked it.

Was that Pikmin? I can't remember which game that was.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I didn't say or even remotely imply that I did, nice try though.
"I didn't perceive it as a joke vote"

Yeah you did.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Just something I noticed.
I like that you noticed it. I don't know whether it means anything, but I like that you noticed it.
:beer:

I'll miss a 747 flying over head, but I'll catch two people posting back to back after being mentioned in the thread. It's a (non) useful skill set to have.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

I'm also totally aware that it's a sort of unfair thing to hold up against either one of them at the moment because it's sort of non-defendable. THey aren't going to come out and say they have BTSC if they do (whether it's good or bad BTSC) and if they don't, it's purely circumstantial and so there's no evidence to really help them. Which is why I'm taking it for what it is, just something to notice and not something to hold against either directly for the moment. However, if one or the other ends up bad, I'm definitely end up looking deeper in to it.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

Greetings comrades! Have we decided whom to vote for?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46

Post by nutella »

Silverwolf wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
nutella wrote:JJJ, saying I disliked ika's tone does not at all imply that I was scum reading him. Early on day 1 I thought his strong defense of silver was pingy, but I quickly learned that that was their dynamic and decided his behavior made him all the more likely to be civ. LC is right that I mostly just found him annoying, and in that particular post I was backing off from my previous statement of suspicion.
Frankly if you were saying those things merely to convey that he was annoying then it's an even worse look, because that commentary can serve no purpose except to discredit ika. There's no reason to say those things at all if they aren't statements of suspicion.
Good point, it also inflames an already volatile situation. She also insinuated he was acting like an asshole. If she's not suspicious of him, then I'm left to believe it's an antagonistic approach that isn't used to get a read on ika and is therefore scum motivated.

nutella has my vote unless something drastic happens before EoD
I tend to post what's on my mind after catching up on the thread, and ika was a pretty dominant presence in the thread at the time, so I commented with my own reaction. Maybe it was inappropriate for me to continuously say how annoying he was, but to be honest it was affecting the game for me and was the main thing I had a reaction to, so I mentioned it and expressed my reaction. I don't see how that could be assumed to be "scum motivated."
Scotty wrote:So I will roll with the "waiting for DFaraday to explain more" movement.
Nutella has done nothing to dissuade the attention she has garnered. Maybe it's because she has no votes and thus doesn't feel like she needs to respond, or maybe she missed the accusations entirely.
That is patently untrue. I responded to JJJ when he first brought me up, and am trying to respond as I go. Tbh I'm ignoring several instances of people saying they suspect me without giving any substantial reasons, but that's because those are not really worth responding to. I'll defend myself against any substantial accusations, and I have so far.

If anyone's ignoring suspicions against her it's Zebra. I made a post about her last night and she hasn't acknowledged it, and she continues to post in her odd, spontaneous, minimalist manner, barely responding to anything. I found it strange just now how she said she would vote for BR, was told that BR had responded, asked/said she would look for the response and reassess, and then spontaneously voted for Ricochet before even seeing BR's responses. She didn't give a reason for her sudden vote on Ricochet and when asked she said he was "trying too hard" and explained that a bit more, but her vote post just felt so out of the blue.

I will most likely be voting for Zebra today. I would like to see her respond to this and my earlier post about her.
LoRab wrote:@OA: I assure you, it is coincidence. My posts are based entirely on when I am able to get online and play.
This. I post when I am here and caught up. If Lorab and I are posting around the same time it's just because we happen to be online around the same time. Although such coordination would be a nice asset for BTSC, it does not in any way imply we have it. I have no BTSC, and at this point no opinion on Lorab's alignment.

linki: OA honestly I think it's strange that you've locked so hard onto this. Again, being online at the same time IN NO WAY implies BTSC. I feel like you're really digging for something to latch onto here.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

I liked JJJ's case on Long Con. I'd love to get Black Rock's opinion on him here as well if possible before EoD. The couple things that had me leaning town on LC were his list of characters-who could be bad lore-wise and who likely wouldn't to be very helpful to the game overall and his desire to see all Cylons dead reminds me of ika and I think they have the same agenda and ika is a very strong townread still to me. But JJJ does make a good case on him being bad so I'm hoping LC finishes his rebuttal before EoD so I can compare.

I feel a lot better about G-Man with his latest posts.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Well, I think I prepared everything for tomorrow's trip, so I should be able to delve into things in a bit.

If anyone else is having a suss on me or considering voting me, let's talk within the next two-three hours. The deadline, again, is impossible for me, if that's when you feel like making up your mind, and I wasn't far from being lynched the previous phase without being able to do something about it.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One point I'd like to throw out there that lore-knowers can contest or not:

It strikes me as unlikely that the alignment of characters in the show will entirely define the alignment of characters in this game. We have a mechanic in place that reveals players' characters, as has happened with Epignosis. If there's a consistent correlation between show alignment and game alignment, then wouldn't this mechanic eventually break the game?
I'm really glad someone brought this up. It absolutely makes sense that the game can't be broken by flavor/lore. A complex game like this usually has many layers and just calling someone civ or mafia based on character alone makes no sense. We need to judge people by play regardless of character.
G-Man wrote: While it seems like Epi is probably a civvie-aligned Toaster, the argument over killing them all or only some is pretty simple- I don't see how killing all the Toasters can be a bad thing for the humans. Based on lore, some may be civvie aligned but if we zap them all, and no humans are baddies, then we still win. If there are humans whose wincons require civ-aligned Toasters to be alive, that sucks.
I disagree Epi is civ. I still lean scum based on play. The rest of this point is interesting and worth bringing up again and discussing when the res ships are gone. Just noting it for now.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Not sure what JJJ is asking, exactly, about the mechanics and the lore. I think overall it just opens the possibility of a more complex and nuanced game, not make it certain that everything is sculptured in the shape of the TV saga.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Alright, it's the end of the workday and I've got evening plans. I hope to check in later on tonight but there's another hockey game on tonight (and it's a Game 7). I am going with Nutella. A sliver of me wants to give her another day to prove herself but I'm out of time for the day and I just can't shake that Lazy Rotten Deborah vibe. I think Metalmarsh and Long Con could also be viable candidates today but I understand that MM is little more than a curiosity to a number of folks right now.

VOTE = NUTELLA
My Banners:
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

nutella wrote:linki: OA honestly I think it's strange that you've locked so hard onto this. Again, being online at the same time IN NO WAY implies BTSC. I feel like you're really digging for something to latch onto here.
HA! For serious? So firstly I've said since the beginning that it was a small ping and could just as easily mean nothing as it could mean coincidence, as it could mean BTSC, or that BTSC could be something good not bad. (PSST: I literally said this in the posts you linki'd...) Other people brought it up and asked me to clarify and link to it to see what I meant, so i responded. I in no way "locked hard on this" and said multiple times that it means nothing other than something to notice. But if you want to make it more...
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Ironic that with all the people who have pulled up VERY valid points against you over and over again, my "I don't even know if this means anything" thing I mentioned is what you claim to be someone locking hard on you. What's everyone else that's mentioned your name doing? You might have actually just won my vote, which is funny because you weren't going to be it.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Vompatti wrote:Greetings comrades! Have we decided whom to vote for?
We decided on reverse alphabetical order. :grin:

Ok, I'm still hoping to hear more from LC before EoD... however, my EoD will come in 2.5-3 hours, and real EoD will be later than that, so I am resigned to realizing that I may not hear from him by my EoD.

I can also understand the nutella votes, and...

SW I agree with you that quick switch vote from Zeebs doesn't sit well. That was super weird, which is why I asked her why she voted so quick... but no response, so either she didn't see my question or something... :shrug2:

XOXO Epi Girl
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Nutella still is my top choice for a vote. I'm waiting to see what LC says in response to JJJ-the rest of his rebuttal and hopefully some insight from Black Rock-might be wishful thinking on this one. Otherwise, I'm set on a nutella vote and have been for awhile. Nothing she has said makes me change my mind so far.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

OA, I didn't mean you seemed to be latching onto me, I meant the topic of the thing you noticed with Lorab and me. I get that you don't necessarily think I'm bad for it, I just thought it was weird that you kept bringing it up multiple times after I had already said that it was coincidence. It's fair that you were responding to other people who asked for details, but it did feel like you brought it up many times and completely ignored the first time I responded to it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sector B3
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I feel like a lot of people have said they are down to vote for me without giving any reasoning. It feels like an easy bandwagon kickstarted by JJJ's ISO -- barely anybody had stated suspicion of me before he did and it's almost like he holds some sort of power over the thread that once he does an ISO of someone they become a top lynch candidate. I have responded to the actual substantial accusations to the best of my ability so far. Silver, indi, Gman, etc, do any of you care to elaborate on your own reasoning for suspecting me? I'll defend the best I can. Honestly I shouldn't be surprised, this shit happens to me every single game and it's never going to change but I'd really like a chance to play for once so I would really rather not be lynched today.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think you're an hour early jules?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote:Sector B3
SHIT I SCREWED UP!!! What should i do - just make the same post at 5:49? I'm in the central time zone and got moemntarily confused.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah it's probably fine, I don't think anything will count until the 6 hours have passed. People posted out of the schedule before and Golden ignored it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

yeah i think i just post it again at 5:49 - no harm done i dont think.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”