No votes
Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by bea »

Dex wrote:
bea wrote:I'm not sure how a sig vote is wasted?
If we vote to lynch him today and he's a cylon, he doesn't get lynched. If we vote to lynch him on any other day from now on whether he's a cylon or not, it's a lynch.
but again - isn't that WHY everyone was pressuring people to claim? So that we could take someone like sig and vote him and make him pressure claim and see if he lives or dies by his "I'm a cylon" claim? Isn't that how we're supposed to stop cavil??? You do see what I'm saying? How is his non lynch a bad option if we REALLY think the non-claimers MUST be bad for not claiming? Doesn't that do EXACTLY what everyone pressuring everyone to claim says it was supposed to do? Make cylons burn their lynch protect? If we catch a cylon while they are burning it how is that bad or a waste?

It was good enough for D'anna/Lorab. Why isn't it good enough for sig?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ok - I need dinner and sleep. I will try again tomorrow.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Thanks bea-Yes, that was what I was looking for.

I believe sig is a wasted lynched because he claimed cylon this day phase and therefore won't be lynched if he gets run up and is a cylon and therefore we run into a possilble Nero/Lorab situation at deadline as the second most vote getter will be lynched.

Next phase, given he's claimed this phase, he will no longer have this amnesty and we can lynch him with no issues like this.
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

bea wrote:
Dex wrote:
If we vote to lynch him today and he's a cylon, he doesn't get lynched. If we vote to lynch him on any other day from now on whether he's a cylon or not, it's a lynch.
but again - isn't that WHY everyone was pressuring people to claim? So that we could take someone like sig and vote him and make him pressure claim and see if he lives or dies by his "I'm a cylon" claim? Isn't that how we're supposed to stop cavil??? You do see what I'm saying? How is his non lynch a bad option if we REALLY think the non-claimers MUST be bad for not claiming? Doesn't that do EXACTLY what everyone pressuring everyone to claim says it was supposed to do? Make cylons burn their lynch protect? If we catch a cylon while they are burning it how is that bad or a waste?

I just think we should avoid having to lynch people twice as much as possible. With martial law, we already need to do 12 successful lynches to win, and if we have to lynch seven of them twice, that makes 19 successful lynches. I don't like those chances at all.
*indiglowing*
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

So Say we all!

So I'm still waiting to hear a real argument on the "Claim your a Cylon" to stop the immunity thing here and not one of you has still managed to give me a good reason with provided evident reason to do what your asking. You want me to Claim Cylon in order to stop a cylon from using immunity. It does not work that way. So on my logical though process it is a waste of my time to claim something that potentially saves no one. Your asking me to go against my moral compass and jump on the band wagon for the greater good? I don't see this as for the greater good or bad.

I understand that there is a chance that a civilian/townie will get Lynched, but a bunch of you seem so certain that some people are who you think they are but yet you've not banded together to commit to a common cause.

Basically all I've gotten so far is "Save me, Save me" from getting lynched. What incentive do I have on saving you? Jumping on your band wagon. For all I know your a Cylon trying to manipulate everyone. To what end? I have no idea. Its a good way to stay hidden that's for darn sure.

You can Lynch me, but I can tell you that your most certainly Lynching a Human! To be honest with the pressure and lack of evidence I feel like I should hold firm to my position and tell you where to go. But I'm looking for something that actually makes sense to me. Until I see it, I'm not going to claim. As I stated, I stick to my convictions until proven otherwise in a way I understand. So help me! Or not! Your choice.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Silverwolf wrote:Thanks bea-Yes, that was what I was looking for.

I believe sig is a wasted lynched because he claimed cylon this day phase and therefore won't be lynched if he gets run up and is a cylon and therefore we run into a possilble Nero/Lorab situation at deadline as the second most vote getter will be lynched.

Next phase, given he's claimed this phase, he will no longer have this amnesty and we can lynch him with no issues like this.
I see yours and Dex's point. I will totes admit that I was being stubborn and bullheaded in an attempt to help you realize that those people like matt and polo *have* been claiming that *this* is what we want. We want to vote sig MAKE him claim and either lynch a civ or out a cylon. At least that's how I understand their argument. But also I agree with epi - the talk of the claiming or not is old and keeps forcing us to burn lynches so I'm good with talking about who we think is bad and why.

I'm creeped out that wigly thinks I'm good while most everyone saw me as bad and he has given no reason for it.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Very well then, I'll try to move on. Just wish everyone would agree on ending this stupid Amnesty Act's efficiency, because it gives Cylons another day to live and a dead civ as a collateral result.

Bea, why do you think Zebra is off the poll today? And what do you think about Spacedaisy? I've been ISOing her and some of her stances on Nutella bothered me.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I thought I already gave my opinion on both of those players? Or am I remembering wrong?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

As well as why I think zeebs could be off the poll....now I know what lc means about not thinking peeps are reading what he says....
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:A review of my first critique of Glorfindel is probably the best place to start :
Spoiler: show
G-Man wrote:A preface is in order to understand where I'm coming from.

I don't usually look for teammate behavior until I have vote data pointing me in that direction. I also don't track people's meta because I've never been the best at it. When looking at Nutella, I saw individual behavior that looked bad to me. My theory on Glorfindel is built around similar observations.

Check out his post history.

His first four posts include the following:
-Whoops I missed the start of the game
-Whoops I didn't read the rules
-A slight civ vibe based on skim reading
-A funny post of no substance
-Whoops I missed the vote

Then two mechanics related posts, and an "I'm catching up (43 pages in) but totally lost" post, lowering our expectations for Day 2.

On Day 2, we get:
-a post where he says he feels good about Matt and Zebra
-a mechanics related post on Toaster allegiance
-another mechanics post
-an oy, complicated show lore + complicated game mechanics = headache post
-another mechanics post
-a big long post where he hands out some civ reads but comes up empty on suspicions

Then there is the post where he says he finds it hard to take IAWY seriously without explaining what that means. Does he think IAWY is bad or just acting differently?

Then a "don't call me a slacker" kind of post responding to my LRD vibe pickup. He says he's trying but it's hard but he's not very good at the whole forming baddie reads.

Then he takes two posts to help DrWilgy sort out what thoughts were about IAWY to help him better understand the situation he's walking into. Helpful for Wilgy but not the big picture.

He says he thinks LC might be trying to get lynched (agreeing with SVS) but that LC's sortie hijack makes him as unhelpful civvie at best and mafia at worst.

He votes Long Con Day 2 for "reasons already stated" but his prior post didn't even label LC as suspicious. He just viewed him as a liability to the civvies. The way he worded it is shady because, rather than restate his reasons, he puts it on the reader to go back and find his reasons on their own. Because, you know, it's easy to remember the mild suspicions of a quietish player in a game with 2,500 posts.

When Silverwolf presses him for justification of his vote during Night 2, he finds a handful of detailed points that made it a reasonable choice for him. Where was all this info when he cast his vote? Nowhere. When he voted, he said "reasons already stated," which alluded to a post that only covered maybe two out of the five points he unloaded at night.

Then you've got a bunch of empty banter and trying to pitch in with the sorties overnight and into Day 3.

Later there is a post where he agrees with JJJ, calls a few people civ, and throwing shade at Sokoth without committing to calling him sus. Then a post defending sig, a post clarifying his stance on mechanics, and a post where he thinks something JJJ proves his point about either sig or mechanics (I'm not sure which).

He apologizes to LC for his vote and lists a few players he thinks LC is wrong about. Finally he chastises Sokoth for finally forming some opinions because Sokoth takes aim at Glorfindel for what looks like a hasty "NO U" reaction.

Early on, he sounds like someone trying to figure out game mechanics but he focuses solely on Toaster mechanics. There's the complete lack of calling anyone suspicious three days into the game. Fluff banter to look helpful and pad that post count too.

Any one of these on their own would seem harmless but all three of them combined sets off alarms in my brain. Asking questions and discussing no -suspicion related issues without the willingness to put some skin in the game just feels wrong.

Does any of this sound reasonable or am I working up another Keyser Soze?
I'm going to pick up with Glorfindel's reaction to my case.
Follow his post history if you like. I'll be starting out at this post:
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:Finally he chastises Sokoth for finally forming some opinions because Sokoth takes aim at Glorfindel for what looks like a hasty "NO U" reaction.
Is that REALLY how you see that exchange my friend? I was chastising 'Sokoth' for precisely the opposite - I don't consider random, unsubstantiated accusations 'opinions'. I seriously doubt that anyone else here would. I AM genuinely trying to figure out this game and although I may be 'tinfoiling' for the first time I seriously think there is more to this game than the simplistic black and white view some people have adopted. Personally, I think what you've painted there is a pretty flimsy case almost rivaling the 'Two Face' accusation leveled at me in my last game here. Nonetheless, if that's the best you can do in finding a Mafia Team member, good for you.

One thing that has concerned me for some time time now is my initial exchange with IAWY. As I stated in the Sign-up thread, he was the reason I even signed up for this game. In the last game we played together, I defended him from the 'get go'. Given our history together, I find it extraordinary that he would make an accusation against me Day 1 like he did. After Dr Wilgy replaced him, gave him the benefit of the doubt and have heard practically nothing since. Then there was the exchange between IAWY and Magnus (Nerolunar). In retrospect, the whole 'No, you!' exchange doesn't really look as convincing as it did at the time. Distancing, perhaps... :shrug:
A handful of people thought my post had some merit and, at the very least, required a response from Glorfindel on several of my observations, leading to this response from Glorfindel:
Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:Also I'm seriously considering voting for Glorfindel he only answered one portion of Gman's case and he seemed super defensive which I seem to remember is a baddie tell of his. However, I need to think on it since I have been wrong about him before.

Another thing which bothered me is him civ reading me. Civ Glorfindel always thinks I'm mafia or at the very least he is paranoid agaisnt me, he seemed to civ read me way to quickly this game. It could be an attempt to buddy me or just to get credit if I flipped.
Sig, G-Man's post was quit extensive but without a lot of content that I feel I can adequately address in the short time I have at my disposal (I am actually at work...) :shrug: I am not super defensive at all. Someone actually goes to the trouble of putting a case together against me (even though he's wrong, I appreciate his effort - seems it's beyond some players here...) and I'm asked to refute those claims. I do, and you accuse me of being super-defensive? REALLY?

Yes, I believe you're Town, There, said it. I don't see you're problem with that opinion. I'd never 'buddy you' and if you honestly believe that... :shrug: After all this time, if I don't know Town Sig by now... I don't see your problem - unless I'm wrong about you? :haha:
That line in pink led me to believe that he would come back later and address my case. Did he?

Not here.
Nor here.
Or here,
here,
or even here.
Here is a casual dismissal of my points altogether.

By all means, please check his post history to fact check me but he never comes back to defend himself against my observations. He said initially that he didn't have time to respond to me because he was at work, which I'm fine with but to ignore me later when he might have time raises another red flag for me.

From that last post I linked to, Glorfindel did have time to discuss (on a post-by-post basis)...

-Defending his voting record
-How lost he is (while mentioning my name among his likely civ reads, as if that gets him back in my good graces
-win cons and his votes
-a blend of lore and mechanics
-Hey wow! He discusses people and even casts shade on Wilgy. Barely.

Then a bunch of fluffy fluff that fluffs to pad ye ole post count. Then what amuses me is this post:
Glorfindel wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel, do you have a legitimate reason not to claim Cylon? Are you John Cavil?

I am here JJJ, please make good use of my time.
Largely a matter of principle and no, you have my word that I am not John Cavil. I want to re-read the cases for and against in relation to the claiming thing. I do however suspect something entirely sinister is going on here (feel free to call me paranoid. I have a question for you though - would Youi or anyone like to speculate on why we had the Cylon Amnesty Act in the first place? What could our President been trying to achieve by passing that law? I'd be most interested in any conjecture anyone would care to volunteer on this matter.
I notice that I've had no response to this question that I asked - so I will ask again...
So when I write up a huge post detailing several instances of shady behavior, you can blow it off like it ain't no thang, but when no one answers your role/mechanics question you feel the need to point out the lack of a response? Dang yo, that is cold. :suspish:

I'm sorry dude, but your posts don't read like someone who is struggling to tread water. You read more like someone doing the dog paddle, letting everyone around you make waves that let you coast by largely as an afterthought. I'd like to see you doing the dead man's float soon.
Thank you my friend for reposting all that. I apologise that I forgot to get back to you but let me address that now. Looking at your initial installment, it is little more than an utterly biased summary of my post history to that point. It was not remotely balanced and the language you used to describe what I said was clearly sarcastic and biased. It was in no way objective and frankly leaves me at a loss as to what concerns you were raising :shrug: You criticise me for not accusing anyone for three days (after quoting references I made to players like DrWilgy and Sokoth). Not everyone in this game feels it necessary to be direct and aggressive my friend - something you might like to consider yourself. As I'd said previously (in one of my quotes you apparently conveniently overlooked) I am trying to approach this game more conservatively (for reasons which I think should be obvious) and solve it by eliminating from my list of suspects those about whom I feel most comfortable leaving those to whom I would look more closely as Mafia.

You accuse me of spending time "focusing on Toaster mechanics" (whatever the hell that means :shrug: ) but if you're referring to trying to understand how this game is working, yeah, damn straight I was and I still am. It seems to me that I am one of very few that don't see this game as a simplistic Human vs Cylon dynamic. If you disagree with me, that's fine but I think that's a flimsy basis upon which to build your accusations against me.

As for your latest effort, all I can see is that you feel disgruntled about me not having got back to you about your first accusation. You claim that "a handful of people felt your post had merit" but looking back, I can't see how. I'd be surprised if there were many people playing this game that lacked the objectivity to the hostile and unbalanced nature of your description of my words.

Again, let me spell this out to you my friend - I'm sorry that I didn't respond earlier to you but if had you'd have gotten verbatim what I posted above. If you expect me to be direct and aggressive in my dealings with others here, you'll be sadly disappointed. You can go back and look at every game I've played on this site and the dozens that I've played elsewhere and you'll find that my interactions with other players are almost conservative and polite. As I said to someone in the last game I played here, If you've got a problem with that, then that is your problem, not mine.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Let us all sortie sector C6 together. According to my notes, only sector F1 remains.

@S~V~S or anyone else, the next time slot is 8:07 AM EST if you want to complete this task.
*indiglowing*
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

I also want to remind people that 10:03 EST marks the half-way point for this night, and after that time Admiral Cain can jump the fleet. If she does, any votes cast after the jump won't count. So you can bet that if LC likes how the votes stand at that point, he'll jump us. Assuming LC is Cain. And I do.

I intend to cast my vote before then, but, as that is 7:30 on a Saturday morning for me, we'll see.
*indiglowing*
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Half-way point for the DAY I mean. Derp.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Silverwolf wrote:Dr. Wilgy-OK, looking forward to it.

Vompatti's ISO doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, he does put his opinions in there, nothing stands out as suspicious

Polo-You had metalmarsh as bad in your GTH reads-can you elaborate on that?
Agreed on Vompatti. While not so sure what his "opinions" constitute, they do nevertheless look overall benign and easygoing.
ObscureAllure wrote:Wigly

For reasons already stated by myself and nearly everyone else, and his recent approach to me. He's going to end up claiming and be free this lynch, no doubt, but I still want to take my pound of flesh.

Linki: that's funny, I never trust LC either. And the one time I did, he was playing me. :clap: :haha:
Nullity happened to Long Delbert Grady being Cylon? Thomas restlessness have voted him scum particulars?

===

The firstclass is currently spread delusory thinly excursionist butter on my bread. Isn't the fleet enslavement assistance around mediant corner?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Ricochet wrote:

For reasons already stated by myself and nearly everyone else, and his recent approach to me. He's going to end up claiming and be free this lynch, no doubt, but I still want to take my pound of flesh.

Linki: that's funny, I never trust LC either. And the one time I did, he was playing me. :clap: :haha:
Nullity happened to Long Delbert Grady being Cylon? Thomas restlessness have voted him scum particulars?
LONG DELBERT GRAD
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:And hating everyone who doesn't want to claim.
Whoa...whoa whoa whoa. Lol.

I could put this in green but I guess it's relevant so I won't. I'm having a marvelous time just so everyone knows. When I post stuff like "we need to pressure these toaster sympathizers" or "i don't even care if we lynch a civ!!", that's simply me getting into the game like hardcore. I mean no ill will towards any civvies who are still currently not claiming. IF we did lynch a civ who hadn't claimed, I wouldn't be sitting there, rubbing my hands together thinking "that guy (or gal) effin' deserved it! *meanface* "

Also it's funny Long Con was accusing SVS of this earlier, but I actually have been roleplaying a bit this game, but in the best interests (at least in my opinion) of the town. BSG is one of my fave shows of all time (again tho, like one of my other favorite shows of all time "LOST", the ending is meh) and it's been fun getting into my role.

Anyway, as I've stated before, lynch me or NK me or whatever I really don't care. :beer:
Epignosis wrote:Enough with this claiming bullshit. I'm going to start voting people who keep it up. Get to talking suspects or get to taking my vote.
Do you believe OA holds a position like the President or the Admiral? For her to be "unable" to say the phrase because of punishments, if we even believe that, she would have to carry one of these roles. Otherwise, I think she's bullshitting and bad. What do you think?

I kind of wish I voted Sokoth, tho. I think if he were civ, he would've saw Daisy claim and followed her lead. I know nothing about the guy, and I know others will look down on me for using my personal experience against him, but if it were my first game and I only had one person I knew in it, and I was a lonely civ, I'd probably be looking at my friend a lot more to see what he's doing. I dunno. I think Sokoth needs to go.

Per the "witch hunt", it looks like Polo and others (MM posted something about liking Glorfy's anti-claim stance? wut?) are backing down, so eff it, I will too. Honestly it's whatevs, if we lose at LYLO because of this, I'll expect a participation banner with the words "I told you so" on it.
ObscureAllure wrote:Five bucks says Matt and Wigly have BTSC.
Make it happen, Goldama! Wilgy's an awesome btsc partner. :srsnod:
Image Image Image Image
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

I guess I'm going to have to vote now. It kind of sucks because I have no sense of any concerted civ effort. But if I'm awake now, I doubt I'll be awake at seven in the morning when Cain can jump the fleet, and I want my vote to count whether or not she does.

I'd like to vote LC, because at this moment I think the biggest obstacle to a civ victory is Cain's Martial Law, and I believe LC is Cain. But there doesn't appear to be enough support just now for a mutiny.

I'd like to vote sig, but he declared today, and we'd just have to lynch him a second time, and I think we can ill afford to take two lynches to eliminate anybody, particularly while Martial Law is in effect.

I'd like to vote Zeebs, but she's not on the poll today. She's also one of the Suspicious Seven, and might need lynching twice.

I'd go along with voting Wilgy, Glorfindel, Rico, or Sok, three of which have received a vote, but none about which a consensus has formed. Additionally, they are all members of the Suspicious Seven, and so could declare to be cylons, and if they are, which I think quite possible, we're back to needing to lynch them twice.

So it's mutiny for me. I vote Long Con.
*indiglowing*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:And so the AaronLittleton hunt begins.
I actually wanted to vote you too, and I think more people would be willing to follow that vote tbh, but I don't trust OA in the slightest.

I believe it's convenient that you were "insanified", and I think it's weird you're allowed to talk about only one player. Again, has anyone ever seen insanity work like that before?
Just cause I have never seen it before doesn't mean it can't happen. Every game something I have never seen before happens. That's one of the reasons I keep playing, hosts always amaze me with fresh thoughts.

I think Rico maybe found a loophole or something in a curse?

In any case what is convenient about it? What possible benefit would he get from this?

And Dex, I have complex thoughts on this. I have to walk dog, play with basement kittah and take a shower, and will try to gather said thoughts.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Dammit, I missed getting to participate in the gun to head reads exercise. Who wants to know my reads?

Sorry for being absent over the last couple of days. Life has really socked me in the mouth, but I'm catching up now and will be posting all the sorties etc. Some of you are also owed punishments for treason... I have not forgotten that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at E2
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You have found and destroyed a resurrection ship at A2. Hot Dog and Kat have returned alive.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at B4
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at C4
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at B1
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at F3
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at C2
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You found and destroyed a resurrection ship at sector C6. Kat returned alone.

Juliets has died.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

IAWYs first game post, Sunday 5/8 at 12:11 AM; IAWY was WIlgys original incarnation.
Inawordyes wrote:So say we all.

I hate to just post and run but I didn't realize the game was starting so soon and I don't have any time to be able to do anything significant. I did read over half of the current posts but I'm stopping here and I'm gonna continue tomorrow.

Quick observations: I've got a town read on Sikverwolf and - and I completely acknowledge that I'm being a hypocrite in thinking this, btw - a slight scum read on Nerolunar. He popped in and out in the same manor I did/am doing, but I have conformation bias on my side to know why I couldn't be here. Was at a family gathering of sorts all day. He just basically said "I can't be here, here's my post, see ya later". It feels like making an excuse not to post, which isn't good for a multitude of reasons and at best is anti-town. I'm also probably overthinking this too haha.

Normally, because I'm used to it culturally, I'd vote him to get him to talk, but I can't do that here because votes, once cast, are permanent (if I read correctly), so I'm gonna put a big FoS on Nero and hopefully he'll say or will have said more stuff.

I should be back tomorrow and able to do more, so feel free to run me into the ground for this post while I'm absent, I expect it to happen because it always does regardless of alignment so I'm not too overly concerned with how I'm coming across. I'm also tired haha, so I just don't quite care in general. :p
IAWYs Third post Wednesday 5/11, 12:11 AM (there was one in between basically saying OMG I am so behind help me glug glug)
Inawordyes wrote:@Silverwolf, Ika

A quick side point, but judging my scum meta to be that I'm a no-show inactive lurker because I couldn't be here for the last game is not a fair assessment to read me as scum in this game just because the same IRL circumstances are playing a part here too. How active I am is not alignment-indicative, especially at the moment where I can't be as active as I used to, and if that's the was the crux of your whole scumread argument on me D1, it's a bad one.
Yeah, the last game he referenced,he was bad in that game.

This is interesting becasue in them he casts suspish on Nero for doing the same thing he did (making excuses for lack of participation), then he defends himself for doing that thing to Silver & Ika. I recalled this second post, I think I even commented on it at the time, since activity levels is very much alignment indicative, for some more than for others.

Then after his needing a replacement was announced, he posted again, throwing out several names, and another emphasizing that he was still posting until he had a replacement so his replacement would not be suspected for his, IAWYs, un-game related absence.

Wilgy subbed in; his first post was "Hi Friends", then he made a "I am NOT reading all these posts, cold I get the cliffnotes" type post, then this:
DrWilgy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Scanning...

Complete.

Mafia team: DrWilgy, Vompatti, MetalMarsh89

Calculating...

Chance of civilian success: 0%
Vompatti would just tell us he's bad and you've been warned about MetalMarsh89 from the very beginning.

That does leave tricksy Wilgy, indeed.
What If I just tell you that I'm bad :P

Hmm... So I read myself... (it's fun because it feels like I experienced amnesia and am now discovering who I am once again) and I'm unsure why you'd get scummy lurky instead of just lurky. IAWY had afew main points to his posts and one of which was his business an inability to keep up. If we could have a detailed discussion to his scumminess to throw me into the game, I'd appreciate it!

Linki - Thanks everyone. Glorf, what of IAWY... or mine would you describe as erratic compared to his normal behavior? I should probably check the player list and past votes now...
Where he basically plays the counterbalance to IAWYs last post, "don't suspect me/my replacement for being lurky"

Then shortly aferwards, he banters a bit with SIlver,
DrWilgy wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I think the next time I draw scum on this site, I'll say I'm busy, barely post, say I'm trying to catch up once in awhile, then sit back and laugh as the town continues to defend me for not being here.
I mean... That's what I do.
I'm sure you are not the only one...........
No, I definitely am.
Followed three hours later with his vote, and no mention of what he saw in those past votes he was going to look at. THREE DAYS LATER,his next post.
DrWilgy wrote:*Slithers into sight*
How did we not lynch him before this?

I have to go live life for a few hours, I will be back to finish reading & analyzing my thoughts on Wilgy.

Linki, OH SHIT!!!!

RIP Juliets:(
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Four

Post by Glorfindel »

Polo wrote:Well, I am not the President, I am not Golden and I have no certainty over why the law was enacted, but it could have been a way of making it clear that there should be town Cylons in this game.

We still need to kill Cavil, though. Help us do so by claiming Cylon, will ya?
I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to answer my question, my friend. I acknowledge that you didn't (in all likelihood) enact the law yourself and I totally endorse your presumption that it "could've been a way of making it clear that there should be Town Cylons in this game". But think about that for a minute - it doesn't make any sense in a world where the majority or even a significant number of Cylons are Mafia - UNLESS... the vast majority of Cylons AREN'T Mafia! That's been my problem with this whole Cylon Amnesty declaration thing all along. The general consensus (from my reading of things) is that the Admiral is working to a non-Town agenda by implementing win conditions under martial law that require the elimination of all our Cylon friends. If the Cylon Amnesty Act has never been repealed and we believe was passed for pro-Town reasons, I ask you, what harm have we potentially done to our chances of winning this game by eliminating a mechanic that may very well have been intended to give us some advantage?

I DO however agree with you about John Cavil. If there was one Cylon that is part of a Mafia team it would most likely be him. As I said before though, I think it's more likely that he's already jumped ship. Put yourself in his shoes - as things stand right now, which side of the fence would you rather be on? The side where there's seven or eight players you can help divert attention to and have the Town waste countless Day phases lynching or leave yourself isolated amongst a small group of players that are the focus of a lot of people's attention?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sugarplum nooooooooooo. Anchovies in pacman. :(
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Four

Post by Polo »

RIP, juliets! :puppy: :puppy: :puppy:
Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Well, I am not the President, I am not Golden and I have no certainty over why the law was enacted, but it could have been a way of making it clear that there should be town Cylons in this game.

We still need to kill Cavil, though. Help us do so by claiming Cylon, will ya?
I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to answer my question, my friend. I acknowledge that you didn't (in all likelihood) enact the law yourself and I totally endorse your presumption that it "could've been a way of making it clear that there should be Town Cylons in this game". But think about that for a minute - it doesn't make any sense in a world where the majority or even a significant number of Cylons are Mafia - UNLESS... the vast majority of Cylons AREN'T Mafia! That's been my problem with this whole Cylon Amnesty declaration thing all along. The general consensus (from my reading of things) is that the Admiral is working to a non-Town agenda by implementing win conditions under martial law that require the elimination of all our Cylon friends. If the Cylon Amnesty Act has never been repealed and we believe was passed for pro-Town reasons, I ask you, what harm have we potentially done to our chances of winning this game by eliminating a mechanic that may very well have been intended to give us some advantage?

I DO however agree with you about John Cavil. If there was one Cylon that is part of a Mafia team it would most likely be him. As I said before though, I think it's more likely that he's already jumped ship. Put yourself in his shoes - as things stand right now, which side of the fence would you rather be on? The side where there's seven or eight players you can help divert attention to and have the Town waste countless Day phases lynching or leave yourself isolated amongst a small group of players that are the focus of a lot of people's attention?
You are very stubborn to believe that a mafia Cylon such as Cavil would not take advantage of the fact that 8 people haven't claimed. That immunity can make or break the game. I am no longer going to discuss this subject but I still want everyone to claim, because the Cylon Amnesty Act is horrible and it should have never been enacted - and the only way it can be rendered ineffective is by having everyone claim.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Golden wrote:Dammit, I missed getting to participate in the gun to head reads exercise. Who wants to know my reads?
I do! :workit:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

@Golden: please send a sortie to sector F1.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Polo wrote:
bea wrote:
Polo wrote:I'll be pushing for anyone who hasn't claimed yet unless they make a very good case on someone else. If the Cylon Amnesty Act is not overturned by the President, the people can make it ineffective. But I do think that there may be a couple of people who can not ever say "I am a Cylon" for role reasons.
Why do you think this? And which roles do you think this applies to?
I can imagine someone like Cain or Cavil being unable to say "I am a Cylon". Cain because, well, she's Admiral Cain, and Cavil because he's the mastermind and can't reveal "Hey, I'm a Cylon" to everybody.
There's no way that that's a factor in the game. No way at all. The President made up the Amnesty Act and the conecpt of Cylon-claiming. It is not written in Golden's rules, it was not a part of the game until the President invented it, it was not part of anyone's role PM, etc.

No one is prevented from saying it by the Host or by the rules, because it makes no sense to have a rule covering it. I also don't believe that Golden would invent restrictive rules for certain important roles based on what the President does with her laws.

Unless the President is picking from a list of predefined laws or something... but no, that's no even worth considering, it's not what we're dealing with.

RANDOM THOUGHT: Maybe someone should go back and check all Cylon claims, in case any look like this: I am not a Cylon.
bea wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
bea wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Wow, I butchered the hell out of that quote.

Oh well, I think it's clear what I mean.
What's clear (to anyone who wants to really look) is that you completely avoided engaging with any of my points or questions, and moved right to your tired old schtick of "he's misrepresenting! he's discrediting!" But don't worry, I doubt anyone will bother looking. :nicenod:
as much as it pains me to say this, you might be on to sonmething here.
bea-In going through your ISO, I saw this post. You also made a lot of posts agreeing with Long Con or supporting him in some ways-telling him you were listening, etc.

So my question is, do you have a civ reading on Long Con and if so, elaborate on it please?

A lot of your comments are kind of offhand comments that make it hard for me to get a read of you. So if you elaborate on one of your reads, this will help me a lot and I imagine others as well.
I don't know why you wanted elaboration. The part in yellow (which is the most pertinent part) speaks for itself. Bea agreeing with something so simple to go back and read is not perplexing. You really should be asking others why they DIDN'T agree with it, given that it is very straightforward and clear, and correct. At that time, you had not responded to my post's points or questions.
Dex wrote:
bea wrote:
Dex wrote:

I just think we should avoid having to lynch people twice as much as possible. With martial law, we already need to do 12 successful lynches to win, and if we have to lynch seven of them twice, that makes 19 successful lynches. I don't like those chances at all.
This is fallacious logic. Lynching six people with lynch protects doesn't take twelve lynches, it can be done in seven... due to the second-most-voted player getting lynched in their stead. We just have to line up our second place person with forethought... you see?
SokothQultuq wrote:So Say we all!

So I'm still waiting to hear a real argument on the "Claim your a Cylon" to stop the immunity thing here and not one of you has still managed to give me a good reason with provided evident reason to do what your asking. You want me to Claim Cylon in order to stop a cylon from using immunity. It does not work that way. So on my logical though process it is a waste of my time to claim something that potentially saves no one. Your asking me to go against my moral compass and jump on the band wagon for the greater good? I don't see this as for the greater good or bad.

I understand that there is a chance that a civilian/townie will get Lynched, but a bunch of you seem so certain that some people are who you think they are but yet you've not banded together to commit to a common cause.

Basically all I've gotten so far is "Save me, Save me" from getting lynched. What incentive do I have on saving you? Jumping on your band wagon. For all I know your a Cylon trying to manipulate everyone. To what end? I have no idea. Its a good way to stay hidden that's for darn sure.

You can Lynch me, but I can tell you that your most certainly Lynching a Human! To be honest with the pressure and lack of evidence I feel like I should hold firm to my position and tell you where to go. But I'm looking for something that actually makes sense to me. Until I see it, I'm not going to claim. As I stated, I stick to my convictions until proven otherwise in a way I understand. So help me! Or not! Your choice.
I will vote for you any time it looks like that vote will contribute to your lynch. You are bad. The pink line up there is a lazy lie. "Waste of time", WTF????? "Waste of time"??

How slow do you type, that "I am a Cylon" is too much of a waste of your time????
bea wrote:As well as why I think zeebs could be off the poll....now I know what lc means about not thinking peeps are reading what he says....
Not quite - at least they're just asking you things you already answered... they're not ignoring things you desperately want them to understand. That's a black hole of despair.
Dex wrote:Let us all sortie sector C6 together. According to my notes, only sector F1 remains.
Should we avoid the very last sector? What if that's the one where Hot Dog dies or something?

I don't actually advocate avoiding it, I just wanted to bring it up. We've done phenomenally well to see no death... or the chance of death with very small and we had little to fear. Catchup-linki... RIP juliets Hot Dog. :(
Dex wrote:I also want to remind people that 10:03 EST marks the half-way point for this night, and after that time Admiral Cain can jump the fleet. If she does, any votes cast after the jump won't count. So you can bet that if LC likes how the votes stand at that point, he'll jump us. Assuming LC is Cain. And I do.
Who's Adama, Dex? Is he a player you currently trust, or a player you are currently suspicious of?
S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:And so the AaronLittleton hunt begins.
I actually wanted to vote you too, and I think more people would be willing to follow that vote tbh, but I don't trust OA in the slightest.

I believe it's convenient that you were "insanified", and I think it's weird you're allowed to talk about only one player. Again, has anyone ever seen insanity work like that before?
Just cause I have never seen it before doesn't mean it can't happen. Every game something I have never seen before happens. That's one of the reasons I keep playing, hosts always amaze me with fresh thoughts.
I love the idea of partial-insanification. It's brilliant, and REALLY opens up a whole wealth of creative ideas on HOW to use the insanifier.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:partial-insanification
Vompartial. :noble:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

mediant idea to discuss whether aapje Con traitor checked Cylon or not is gaining scocub Rose Tyler in this game that Hedgeowl lied of getting out of HannaK every morning.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:Who's Adama, Dex? Is he a player you currently trust, or a player you are currently suspicious of?
Why the miscompute would anyone trish Adama guilty setup? :stare:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:I adore epi
No one...has ever...said that about me before. What are these...feelings? :eek:
Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Enough with this claiming bullshit. I'm going to start voting people who keep it up. Get to talking suspects or get to taking my vote.
Do you believe OA holds a position like the President or the Admiral? For her to be "unable" to say the phrase because of punishments, if we even believe that, she would have to carry one of these roles. Otherwise, I think she's bullshitting and bad. What do you think?
I don't think OA is the admiral.

I think Vompatti is silenced.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
I think Vompatti is silenced.
plainspoken Petra irony.

Nonetheless, if true, it only emphasizes what upstanding civilian he must be. :noble:

athleticism track still harbour bad vibes communicatory Vompatti, perchance?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:A review of my first critique of Glorfindel is probably the best place to start :
G-Man wrote:A preface is in order to understand where I'm coming from.

I don't usually look for teammate behavior until I have vote data pointing me in that direction. I also don't track people's meta because I've never been the best at it. When looking at Nutella, I saw individual behavior that looked bad to me. My theory on Glorfindel is built around similar observations.

Check out his post history.

His first four posts include the following:
-Whoops I missed the start of the game
-Whoops I didn't read the rules
-A slight civ vibe based on skim reading
-A funny post of no substance
-Whoops I missed the vote

Then two mechanics related posts, and an "I'm catching up (43 pages in) but totally lost" post, lowering our expectations for Day 2.

On Day 2, we get:
-a post where he says he feels good about Matt and Zebra
-a mechanics related post on Toaster allegiance
-another mechanics post
-an oy, complicated show lore + complicated game mechanics = headache post
-another mechanics post
-a big long post where he hands out some civ reads but comes up empty on suspicions

Then there is the post where he says he finds it hard to take IAWY seriously without explaining what that means. Does he think IAWY is bad or just acting differently?

Then a "don't call me a slacker" kind of post responding to my LRD vibe pickup. He says he's trying but it's hard but he's not very good at the whole forming baddie reads.

Then he takes two posts to help DrWilgy sort out what thoughts were about IAWY to help him better understand the situation he's walking into. Helpful for Wilgy but not the big picture.

He says he thinks LC might be trying to get lynched (agreeing with SVS) but that LC's sortie hijack makes him as unhelpful civvie at best and mafia at worst.

He votes Long Con Day 2 for "reasons already stated" but his prior post didn't even label LC as suspicious. He just viewed him as a liability to the civvies. The way he worded it is shady because, rather than restate his reasons, he puts it on the reader to go back and find his reasons on their own. Because, you know, it's easy to remember the mild suspicions of a quietish player in a game with 2,500 posts.

When Silverwolf presses him for justification of his vote during Night 2, he finds a handful of detailed points that made it a reasonable choice for him. Where was all this info when he cast his vote? Nowhere. When he voted, he said "reasons already stated," which alluded to a post that only covered maybe two out of the five points he unloaded at night.

Then you've got a bunch of empty banter and trying to pitch in with the sorties overnight and into Day 3.

Later there is a post where he agrees with JJJ, calls a few people civ, and throwing shade at Sokoth without committing to calling him sus. Then a post defending sig, a post clarifying his stance on mechanics, and a post where he thinks something JJJ proves his point about either sig or mechanics (I'm not sure which).

He apologizes to LC for his vote and lists a few players he thinks LC is wrong about. Finally he chastises Sokoth for finally forming some opinions because Sokoth takes aim at Glorfindel for what looks like a hasty "NO U" reaction.

Early on, he sounds like someone trying to figure out game mechanics but he focuses solely on Toaster mechanics. There's the complete lack of calling anyone suspicious three days into the game. Fluff banter to look helpful and pad that post count too.

Any one of these on their own would seem harmless but all three of them combined sets off alarms in my brain. Asking questions and discussing no -suspicion related issues without the willingness to put some skin in the game just feels wrong.

Does any of this sound reasonable or am I working up another Keyser Soze?
I'm going to pick up with Glorfindel's reaction to my case.
Follow his post history if you like. I'll be starting out at this post:
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:Finally he chastises Sokoth for finally forming some opinions because Sokoth takes aim at Glorfindel for what looks like a hasty "NO U" reaction.
Is that REALLY how you see that exchange my friend? I was chastising 'Sokoth' for precisely the opposite - I don't consider random, unsubstantiated accusations 'opinions'. I seriously doubt that anyone else here would. I AM genuinely trying to figure out this game and although I may be 'tinfoiling' for the first time I seriously think there is more to this game than the simplistic black and white view some people have adopted. Personally, I think what you've painted there is a pretty flimsy case almost rivaling the 'Two Face' accusation leveled at me in my last game here. Nonetheless, if that's the best you can do in finding a Mafia Team member, good for you.

One thing that has concerned me for some time time now is my initial exchange with IAWY. As I stated in the Sign-up thread, he was the reason I even signed up for this game. In the last game we played together, I defended him from the 'get go'. Given our history together, I find it extraordinary that he would make an accusation against me Day 1 like he did. After Dr Wilgy replaced him, gave him the benefit of the doubt and have heard practically nothing since. Then there was the exchange between IAWY and Magnus (Nerolunar). In retrospect, the whole 'No, you!' exchange doesn't really look as convincing as it did at the time. Distancing, perhaps... :shrug:
A handful of people thought my post had some merit and, at the very least, required a response from Glorfindel on several of my observations, leading to this response from Glorfindel:
Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:Also I'm seriously considering voting for Glorfindel he only answered one portion of Gman's case and he seemed super defensive which I seem to remember is a baddie tell of his. However, I need to think on it since I have been wrong about him before.

Another thing which bothered me is him civ reading me. Civ Glorfindel always thinks I'm mafia or at the very least he is paranoid agaisnt me, he seemed to civ read me way to quickly this game. It could be an attempt to buddy me or just to get credit if I flipped.
Sig, G-Man's post was quit extensive but without a lot of content that I feel I can adequately address in the short time I have at my disposal (I am actually at work...) :shrug: I am not super defensive at all. Someone actually goes to the trouble of putting a case together against me (even though he's wrong, I appreciate his effort - seems it's beyond some players here...) and I'm asked to refute those claims. I do, and you accuse me of being super-defensive? REALLY?

Yes, I believe you're Town, There, said it. I don't see you're problem with that opinion. I'd never 'buddy you' and if you honestly believe that... :shrug: After all this time, if I don't know Town Sig by now... I don't see your problem - unless I'm wrong about you? :haha:
That line in pink led me to believe that he would come back later and address my case. Did he?

Not here.
Nor here.
Or here,
here,
or even here.
Here is a casual dismissal of my points altogether.

By all means, please check his post history to fact check me but he never comes back to defend himself against my observations. He said initially that he didn't have time to respond to me because he was at work, which I'm fine with but to ignore me later when he might have time raises another red flag for me.

From that last post I linked to, Glorfindel did have time to discuss (on a post-by-post basis)...

-Defending his voting record
-How lost he is (while mentioning my name among his likely civ reads, as if that gets him back in my good graces
-win cons and his votes
-a blend of lore and mechanics
-Hey wow! He discusses people and even casts shade on Wilgy. Barely.

Then a bunch of fluffy fluff that fluffs to pad ye ole post count. Then what amuses me is this post:
Glorfindel wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel, do you have a legitimate reason not to claim Cylon? Are you John Cavil?

I am here JJJ, please make good use of my time.
Largely a matter of principle and no, you have my word that I am not John Cavil. I want to re-read the cases for and against in relation to the claiming thing. I do however suspect something entirely sinister is going on here (feel free to call me paranoid. I have a question for you though - would Youi or anyone like to speculate on why we had the Cylon Amnesty Act in the first place? What could our President been trying to achieve by passing that law? I'd be most interested in any conjecture anyone would care to volunteer on this matter.
I notice that I've had no response to this question that I asked - so I will ask again...
So when I write up a huge post detailing several instances of shady behavior, you can blow it off like it ain't no thang, but when no one answers your role/mechanics question you feel the need to point out the lack of a response? Dang yo, that is cold. :suspish:

I'm sorry dude, but your posts don't read like someone who is struggling to tread water. You read more like someone doing the dog paddle, letting everyone around you make waves that let you coast by largely as an afterthought. I'd like to see you doing the dead man's float soon.
Thank you my friend for reposting all that. I apologise that I forgot to get back to you but let me address that now. Looking at your initial installment, it is little more than an utterly biased summary of my post history to that point. It was not remotely balanced and the language you used to describe what I said was clearly sarcastic and biased. It was in no way objective and frankly leaves me at a loss as to what concerns you were raising :shrug: You criticise me for not accusing anyone for three days (after quoting references I made to players like DrWilgy and Sokoth). Not everyone in this game feels it necessary to be direct and aggressive my friend - something you might like to consider yourself. As I'd said previously (in one of my quotes you apparently conveniently overlooked) I am trying to approach this game more conservatively (for reasons which I think should be obvious) and solve it by eliminating from my list of suspects those about whom I feel most comfortable leaving those to whom I would look more closely as Mafia.

You accuse me of spending time "focusing on Toaster mechanics" (whatever the hell that means :shrug: ) but if you're referring to trying to understand how this game is working, yeah, damn straight I was and I still am. It seems to me that I am one of very few that don't see this game as a simplistic Human vs Cylon dynamic. If you disagree with me, that's fine but I think that's a flimsy basis upon which to build your accusations against me.

As for your latest effort, all I can see is that you feel disgruntled about me not having got back to you about your first accusation. You claim that "a handful of people felt your post had merit" but looking back, I can't see how. I'd be surprised if there were many people playing this game that lacked the objectivity to the hostile and unbalanced nature of your description of my words.

Again, let me spell this out to you my friend - I'm sorry that I didn't respond earlier to you but if had you'd have gotten verbatim what I posted above. If you expect me to be direct and aggressive in my dealings with others here, you'll be sadly disappointed. You can go back and look at every game I've played on this site and the dozens that I've played elsewhere and you'll find that my interactions with other players are almost conservative and polite. As I said to someone in the last game I played here, If you've got a problem with that, then that is your problem, not mine.
Am I crazy or is this yet another total non-answer? Can someone with an objective viewpoint on this show me where Glorfindel actually addressed my issues? All I read is a dismissive shuck and jive. I don't care what your play looks like in other games on this site. I don't track meta. Instead of looking for what "player X does when they are bad" I found what looks like suspicious behavior in general. As I said before, I could tolerate one or two of the things you appear guilty of (focus on mechanics, focus on lore, giving good reads only, giving lukewarm suspicions) but the amalgamation of all of those things sticks out like a sore thumb to me. And this isn't even a Keyser Soze thing for me because I'm not trying to string together everything you've done, reading it all with nefarious intent. These are simple observations. Someone other than Glorfindel please correct me if I'm wrong but his posts strike me as a steaming pile of BS.

RIP juliets. :( No offense, Kat, but why couldn't you have died instead of Hot Dog?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

DrWilgy wrote:*chomps on Silverwolf's leg*

I willsh shry shoo ansher all keshionsh ashk'd ohf me shoon.
You were here posting last night. You have 24 hours from the time you posted this to give me something to work with. You have promised to deliver content before and have not. I have zero tolerance for this kind of play in games. I vote it and lynch it.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:Ay caramba! Looks like we're more divided on how to handle today's lynch the the United Methodist Church is over the issue of homosexuality. Good thing we have an extra day for this one. We may need it.

Ohaithur Glorfindel! I'll be aiming to fix your little red wagon during tonight's hockey game. :srsnod:

Stay tuned. Glorfindel case part 2 and some player reads coming soon. I can actually keep this promise tonight because the baby is doing MUCH better today! :cloud9:
I look forward to it my friend! Just do us all a favour though - refrain from criticising my voting record that I have already explained and come up with something other than biased conjecture against me like you've been doing since the beginning of this game.

I'd also like to say one more thing about the Sig situation. I've played I think four games with him now on this site. On (I think) every occasion, I've seen him lynched or NK'd early in the game. I acknowledge that on occasion, I have been party to that and was wrong on most if not all of those occasions. What I'm getting at here, is it seems Sig is an easy target in these games (makes me wonder frankly why he keeps coming back :shrug: ). I think what we're seeing here is (as he himself commented) a lot of "Sig's bad, he must be Mafia." As I said earlier in this thread, his contributions were thin and somewhat ill-informed and that was quite legitimately explained as a consequence of his absence doing assignments, etc. I've rather a lot of experience with Sig as Mafia (far too much for my liking :p) and I am absolutely convinced that it is NOT what we're seeing from him here in this game.

At this point, I still believe DrWilgy is most worthy of my vote but as others have said, it's a looooong day...
And another thing- does this not read like a pre-defense? He's trying to call any vote analysis a moot point and painting my pending case as likely full of bias before it even comes. Did you attend the George W. Bush School of Preemptive Strikes? This looks like he's setting himself up in advance for an automatic dismissal of whatever I have to say.

Am I biased? Aren't we all? It's called perspective and we each have our own. From mine, you are trying to snake your way to endgame as a baddie with a lynch save in your back pocket.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Someone explain why we shouldn't test if investigate is a mike010295 (Mickey Smith him Mafia main wagon and levant NotInOxford common suspect being bea -- Killed herself)? Yes, it's risky Silver Golem potentially create keenness Nerolynch, but ramadan Rooter is to ambulance brinded claim NotInOxford when we could Percy him Ciubia Cylonitis instead?

(Ugh Hedgeowl just get my coat)
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Ricochet wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Dr. Wilgy-OK, looking forward to it.

Vompatti's ISO doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, he does put his opinions in there, nothing stands out as suspicious

Polo-You had metalmarsh as bad in your GTH reads-can you elaborate on that?
Agreed on Vompatti. While not so sure what his "opinions" constitute, they do nevertheless look overall benign and easygoing.

===

The firstclass is currently spread delusory thinly excursionist butter on my bread. Isn't the fleet enslavement assistance around mediant corner?
Hard to make a case against something you can't talk about.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Matt wrote:
bea wrote:And hating everyone who doesn't want to claim.
Whoa...whoa whoa whoa. Lol.

I could put this in green but I guess it's relevant so I won't. I'm having a marvelous time just so everyone knows. When I post stuff like "we need to pressure these toaster sympathizers" or "i don't even care if we lynch a civ!!", that's simply me getting into the game like hardcore. I mean no ill will towards any civvies who are still currently not claiming. IF we did lynch a civ who hadn't claimed, I wouldn't be sitting there, rubbing my hands together thinking "that guy (or gal) effin' deserved it! *meanface* "

Also it's funny Long Con was accusing SVS of this earlier, but I actually have been roleplaying a bit this game, but in the best interests (at least in my opinion) of the town. BSG is one of my fave shows of all time (again tho, like one of my other favorite shows of all time "LOST", the ending is meh) and it's been fun getting into my role.

Anyway, as I've stated before, lynch me or NK me or whatever I really don't care. :beer:

I kind of wish I voted Sokoth, tho. I think if he were civ, he would've saw Daisy claim and followed her lead. I know nothing about the guy, and I know others will look down on me for using my personal experience against him, but if it were my first game and I only had one person I knew in it, and I was a lonely civ, I'd probably be looking at my friend a lot more to see what he's doing. I dunno. I think Sokoth needs to go.

Per the "witch hunt", it looks like Polo and others (MM posted something about liking Glorfy's anti-claim stance? wut?) are backing down, so eff it, I will too. Honestly it's whatevs, if we lose at LYLO because of this, I'll expect a participation banner with the words "I told you so" on it.
ObscureAllure wrote:Five bucks says Matt and Wigly have BTSC.
Make it happen, Goldama! Wilgy's an awesome btsc partner. :srsnod:
Never once claimed those roles, I'm none of those roles, so just stop trying.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could put a vote on Wigly or another (not me) person who already has a vote incase the fleet thing happens. I don't like my chances in a four way tie
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

EBWOP five way
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hi guys! I've been busy the past day or two, but I should be around later today, though it just occurred to me that the day doesn't end until tomorrow.

For what it's worth, I would probably vote for Long Con if I had to vote right now.

Catch y'all on the flipside! Oh, and RIP juliets. :( I wonder if sig has anything to say about that. I think he was the one worried about Hod Dog and Kate dying to begin with.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ObscureAllure wrote:
Hard to make a case against something you can't talk about.
Pardon?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:So Say we all!

I will vote for you any time it looks like that vote will contribute to your lynch. You are bad. The pink line up there is a lazy lie. "Waste of time", WTF????? "Waste of time"??

How slow do you type, that "I am a Cylon" is too much of a waste of your time????
You know LC, right up until this post you had me feeling like you were genuine but this was absolutely the most ridiculous thing you have said so far. You know damn well that he did not mean literally the act of typing.

You've made my decision today very easy.

Vote: Long Con
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”