Total votes: 15
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by Long Con »

a2thezebra wrote:
Polo wrote:Holy crap. I'm going to bed, bye.
Sorry that you were on the receiving end of that outburst, my anger is directed at town in general and not you specifically whatsoever.
Hey zeebs, is it directed at me at all?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:2jen z 44th vrw s worked up s hes civ

I rutst her
When was the last time we mutually civ read each other? Never? This is a magical game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Sorry that you were on the receiving end of that outburst, my anger is directed at town in general and not you specifically whatsoever.
To an extent, yes, because I feel like you've been letting your confusion lead to anger way too easily in this game. You tried to antagonize me earlier just for acting weird, and responded to my support of you with hostility and distrust. Distrust I get, but the hostility? I don't think it's warranted at all.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Zebra I got you.
Got me red-handed or the more understanding type of got?
Understanding.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Understanding.
Whew.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Or more accurately:

:phew:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
To an extent, yes, because I feel like you've been letting your confusion lead to anger way too easily in this game. You tried to antagonize me earlier just for acting weird, and responded to my support of you with hostility and distrust. Distrust I get, but the hostility? I don't think it's warranted at all.
Ok, well look at it from my perspctive. I'm in the midst of getting accused of things, and you show up, claiming impossible thing in support of me. It's like, some crazy loose cannon shows up in support of me, this is going to do more harm than good for me! I don't know why you would say that I'm a confirmed Civ. As far as I know, nothing has happened to confirm my Civviness. Can't you understand, he level of seeming randomness with which you declare peoiple Conirmed Anything makes it feel very suspicious?? Just level with me, please!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Understanding.
Whew.
So now that we're on the same uh... you know, the same wavelength. Why don't you tell me what you think about uh... all of this?

Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Ok, well look at it from my perspctive. I'm in the midst of getting accused of things, and you show up, claiming impossible thing in support of me. It's like, some crazy loose cannon shows up in support of me, this is going to do more harm than good for me! I don't know why you would say that I'm a confirmed Civ. As far as I know, nothing has happened to confirm my Civviness. Can't you understand, he level of seeming randomness with which you declare peoiple Conirmed Anything makes it feel very suspicious?? Just level with me, please!
I have tried to look at it from your perspective and I still can't see how your dismissiveness (the red zig-zags under that word mean nothing to me) is remotely justified. You're asking me to see things your way but you've made no attempt, or even a hint of an attempt, to see things from my point of view. I sympathize with your worry that "some crazy loose cannon" will only make things worse for you, but that would be an irrational fear even if I hadn't been claiming "impossible" things in support of a few others as well.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

If you're asking for a sophisticated plan of action Jay, I don't have one.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

fiord don't get why role unvarying are instanter major issue right now or what Mad Hatter livret trying intercessory point at. I obligor they are primarily location-related, sabulous seems strenghtened by the event of votograph hustler CHANGING colors, aka location. What scum there more anticlimax be seen to setup?

Kate final call EVER for people to pilferer discuss SeptemberValentine Long Con was CHECKED Cylon by a player choky anagoge game or not? plainclothesman (mostly) everyone Distracted Jeff not to give two outward about this story, then I don't protected anymore and Man-E-Faces can simply lose, restlessness they let Long Con Krewlod with this.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:fiord don't get why role unvarying are instanter major issue right now or what Mad Hatter livret trying intercessory point at. I obligor they are primarily location-related, sabulous seems strenghtened by the event of votograph hustler CHANGING colors, aka location. What scum there more anticlimax be seen to setup?

Kate final call EVER for people to pilferer discuss SeptemberValentine Long Con was CHECKED Cylon by a player choky anagoge game or not? plainclothesman (mostly) everyone Distracted Jeff not to give two outward about this story, then I don't protected anymore and Man-E-Faces can simply lose, restlessness they let Long Con Krewlod with this.
I like to think I am Distracted Jeff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:sigh:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dex wrote:But this is a good thing, yeah? I could have coasted for a while on the typical (and understandable) "I'm just trying to catch up" posts that replacement players are prone to post, particularly in this avalanche of a game. I was ready to hit the ground running and did so. Otherwise this would be a rather dull ISO.
A dull ISO is kind of what I'd expect from someone in your position. You certainly have hit the ground running.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:While I find the Unclaimers to be inherently suspicious, particularly those with weak reasons, I am not relying on solely on this for my reads. That particular post which you quote, however, was just the list LC+Undeclared, on where I was inclined to place my vote today.
Exercise time: for just a moment, erase all notions of that claiming business from your mind. Tell me who your suspects are.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:fiord don't get why role unvarying are instanter major issue right now or what Mad Hatter livret trying intercessory point at. I obligor they are primarily location-related, sabulous seems strenghtened by the event of votograph hustler CHANGING colors, aka location. What scum there more anticlimax be seen to setup?

Are you requesting that Gaius reveal publicly if he has checked me as Cylon or not?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:While I find the Unclaimers to be inherently suspicious, particularly those with weak reasons, I am not relying on solely on this for my reads. That particular post which you quote, however, was just the list LC+Undeclared, on where I was inclined to place my vote today.
Exercise time: for just a moment, erase all notions of that claiming business from your mind. Tell me who your suspects are.
I gotta get to bed... but who are you asking this of??
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I gotta get to bed... but who are you asking this of??
lol oops. I screwed the quotes, the top quote is Dex not me.

But what the hell, I'll ask everyone. Even you!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:

Are you requesting that Gaius reveal publicly if he has checked me as Cylon or not?
No. I'm requesting tillage people discuss if good guy HAS already Big Daddy (Bouncer) unexcited.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Three

Post by a2thezebra »

sig of course, Vompatti, ObscureAllure, Drum Beats, and juliets, but not as nearly as much as the other four. Good night.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

a2thezebra wrote:sig of course, Vompatti, ObscureAllure, Drum Beats, and juliets, but not as nearly as much as the other four. Good night.
Whyfore Vompatti?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

My suspects have Miro changed throughout the Day, although I would intend stoup try to megascope the Glorfindel-G-Man issue or DrWilgy being turned into decompound high suspect currently.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I still read Glorfindel as good. I think the quotes he extracted can believably be interpreted as insults even if I don't think G-Man intended any offense. I don't really find Sokoth suspicious either. Can someone summarize for me why I'm wrong on either or both of those names? They look like easy targets that the baddies are counting on mislynching.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Exercise time: for just a moment, erase all notions of that claiming business from your mind. Tell me who your suspects are.
I'd be more than happy to answer your question my friend. I have had bad vibes about IAWY/DrWilgey since the beginning for reasons that I've already explained. I still find IAWY's remarks about me to be incomprehensible in light of my previous experiences with him. I'm not certain what it says but it's given me sufficient reason for suspicion. I'm mildly suspicious of Drumbeats for a post he made after that GTH exercise the other day. From my recollection, his list read more like an aggregated list of the suspicions of the players who took part in the GTH at the time. I admit that's hardly conclusive but looking back, it seems his reads are generally a little all over the place which (to me) looks peculiar because he is clearly a very capable player. And lastly, again, not a strong choice by any means but I don't recall seeing any contribution from Vompatti that really stands out all game. Again, looking back at his ISO, there's not a lot of content there to speak of and I've heard it said (from informed sources) that's apparently a bad look... :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

@Zebs: May I please enquire about why you think our friend Sig is so suspicious? I'm just concerned that in my limited experience on this site, I can't recall a game in which the three of us played where you two weren't going at each other. I know he's said he's suspicious of you and I think he's wrong. Whilst I respect your opinion, it feels to me that you may have read him wrongly too.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Exercise time: for just a moment, erase all notions of that claiming business from your mind. Tell me who your suspects are.
I'd be more than happy to answer your question my friend. I have had bad vibes about IAWY/DrWilgey since the beginning for reasons that I've already explained. I still find IAWY's remarks about me to be incomprehensible in light of my previous experiences with him. I'm not certain what it says but it's given me sufficient reason for suspicion. I'm mildly suspicious of Drumbeats for a post he made after that GTH exercise the other day. From my recollection, his list read more like an aggregated list of the suspicions of the players who took part in the GTH at the time. I admit that's hardly conclusive but looking back, it seems his reads are generally a little all over the place which (to me) looks peculiar because he is clearly a very capable player. And lastly, again, not a strong choice by any means but I don't recall seeing any contribution from Vompatti that really stands out all game. Again, looking back at his ISO, there's not a lot of content there to speak of and I've heard it said (from informed sources) that's apparently a bad look... :shrug:
You are correct that there is not much previous relevant content to admire, nevertheless I find it for now unpingworthy. What informed sources are you referencing? If this should count as a bad look, I frankly have no idea what would count as a good look in what Vompatti usually plays. Probably him dumping any civrole information he acquires, like he did in E.S.T., but that's apparently not the case in this game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Glorfindel wrote:@Zebs: May I please enquire about why you think our friend Sig is so suspicious? I'm just concerned that in my limited experience on this site, I can't recall a game in which the three of us played where you two weren't going at each other. I know he's said he's suspicious of you and I think he's wrong. Whilst I respect your opinion, it feels to me that you may have read him wrongly too.
Yeah you're probably right. The reason I always suspect him is that I was wrong about him for at least two games because I suspected him and he was town, and then in the next game I played with him I didn't suspect him at all and he was mafia. So because of this I just always strongly suspect him just in case.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

a2thezebra wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:@Zebs: May I please enquire about why you think our friend Sig is so suspicious? I'm just concerned that in my limited experience on this site, I can't recall a game in which the three of us played where you two weren't going at each other. I know he's said he's suspicious of you and I think he's wrong. Whilst I respect your opinion, it feels to me that you may have read him wrongly too.
Yeah you're probably right. The reason I always suspect him is that I was wrong about him for at least two games because I suspected him and he was town, and then in the next game I played with him I didn't suspect him at all and he was mafia. So because of this I just always strongly suspect him just in case.
:haha: Yes, I've been there too, my friend. I genuinely think I can tell the difference now though...

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
I'd be more than happy to answer your question my friend.
How can anybody be "more than happy?" Sounds like a psychological disorder.

They had to put Dave in the mental hospital...because he was...*sigh*...more than happy.

-GC
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:Am I crazy or is this yet another total non-answer? Can someone with an objective viewpoint on this show me where Glorfindel actually addressed my issues? All I read is a dismissive shuck and jive. I don't care what your play looks like in other games on this site. I don't track meta. Instead of looking for what "player X does when they are bad" I found what looks like suspicious behavior in general. As I said before, I could tolerate one or two of the things you appear guilty of (focus on mechanics, focus on lore, giving good reads only, giving lukewarm suspicions) but the amalgamation of all of those things sticks out like a sore thumb to me. And this isn't even a Keyser Soze thing for me because I'm not trying to string together everything you've done, reading it all with nefarious intent. These are simple observations. Someone other than Glorfindel please correct me if I'm wrong but his posts strike me as a steaming pile of BS.
You know my friend, it crossed my mind that your accusations (and perhaps more the manner of them) was some kind of punishment for 'treason' or some other reason but on a site that purports not to condone such behavior, that's probably not likely. You claim my response to your accusations was a 'non-answer' and dismissive. The truth is, I couldn't adequately sort through the insults, invective and blatant bias of your third-rate hatchet job to identify what your concerns were. In the post above though, you make more direct reference to a few things that I will address AGAIN because you're clearly not interested in my answers. According to you, I'm guilty of:

1) Focussing on mechanics - I fail to see how that is in any way a negative thing? The mechanics in this game appear to be totally different to any other game I've played and from what I've seen over the last 135 odd pages, I'm not alone in that boat. I've said repeatedly that I don't believe that this game is not about black and white (Human vs Cylon) and those that hold the opposite view are leading us by a fast path to defeat at the hands of our Mafia friends who must know the truth. Further, others have focused heavily on mechanics too, I don't see your accusations of them :eye:

2) A focus on lore - I didn't raise this, I've never seen the show (other than a couple of the original series episodes which didn't do much for me) but it is apparent that it has some bearing on this game. I know that Golden mentioned at the beginning that a knowledge of the lore wasn't necessary but in my view, it does help in that it serves to give us an indication of the motivations and relationships between different characters (e.g. the whole Admiral Caine thing).

3) Giving only good reads - I honestly don't know how many times I need to repeat this but in previous games (both here and elsewhere) I have (too often in my opinion) rushed to lynch players on what I thought were valid reasons only to find that I was mistaken. I don't expect you to understand this but I think I am more adept at determining that someone is Town than I am concluding that they are Mafia. This is what I've referred to in my previous posts as a process of elimination. That's NOT to conclude that I haven't had suspicions - I have and I've said so. If you're miffed that I'm not throwing around accusations indiscriminately, that's too bad. That's not my style. Never was, never will. My approach to these games IS both methodical and conservative. You say you don't care about player's styles that they reveal in previous games? Well, maybe you should.

So there you have it. I don't expect for even a fraction of a second that you will be satisfied with my explanations because you very clearly have made your mind up. I would hope however that if nothing else, other players in this game will see through your accusations for what they truly are. A number of other players have voiced their suspicions of me in ways that (whilst misguided) have been respectful. You on the other hand resort to insult and ridicule. I don't think that's smart and I don't think that's funny - it's exactly what I'd expect from a schoolyard bully.
All I take from this is the impression that you are putting forth a gallant, high-road response act in the effort of making me look like an irrational and pushy jerk. If this is your intent, I'd like to think it won't work because enough of the players who go way back with me will know that I don't play like a pushy jerk. Playing a few smaller games has helped me improve my ability to observe and identity sketchy behavior. It's not foolproof yet but I feel that I've seen enough sketchy behavior out of you to pounce.
I'm sorry, my friend, it wasn't me that made you look that way... :shrug:
Glorfindel wrote::faint:
Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:So there you have it. I don't expect for even a fraction of a second that you will be satisfied with my explanations because you very clearly have made your mind up. I would hope however that if nothing else, other players in this game will see through your accusations for what they truly are. A number of other players have voiced their suspicions of me in ways that (whilst misguided) have been respectful. You on the other hand resort to insult and ridicule. I don't think that's smart and I don't think that's funny - it's exactly what I'd expect from a schoolyard bully.
Please show me, with a quote and not a paraphrase, one instance of G-Man casting an insult toward you.
G-Man wrote:Did you attend the George W. Bush School of Preemptive Strikes?
G-Man wrote:Someone other than Glorfindel please correct me if I'm wrong but his posts strike me as a steaming pile of BS.
I've no doubt Epi, that you will deny that G-Man's remarks that I've quoted above are insulting. Taken in isolation, I would agree with you. Combined however with the sarcastic and overtly aggressive tone that he has used in practically every post he has made about me says more I think about him than it does about his views on me and this game in general. His tone and the language he used to describe what I've said is CLEARLY biased to his point of view that he has been pushing all game and it CLEARLY lacks any shred of objectivity). As I pointed out earlier, other players like SilverWolf have asked me questions in a respectful manner and I've been happy to answer her concerns as best I can. G-Man has said that people on this site are familiar with his 'style' and believes that he carries more credibility than I do. That may well be true - he may have your credibitity on his side - I have the truth on mine (just like I did in Arkham Mafia. I want to make this crystal clear - I am not suggesting that G-Man is Mafia (the jury's gone out on that one again...) but he's certainly misguided.

I see that SilverWolf claims that my response to G-Man's claims are defensive. I don't belive that is necessarily true. I addressed the concerns that G-Man raised as fully and as sincerely as I am able. I struggle to see how else I am to answer these allegations that have been made against me without being defensive???

At the end of the Day, you can vote for me or not. That's up to you - that decision is in your hands.
Artful as your posts may be, they're also misrepresenting me. That's not entirely your fault though, because 1) I don't think we've ever played in a game together yet, and 2) I've got you on defense so it's your job to try to dodge what I'm hurling at you.

Let's clear the air a little here. First, if I come across as a bully/jerk/biased nincompoop, that is your interpretation of my words. You can't hear the way I intend these posts to read and I can't hear your posts the way you intend them to be heard. That's arguing on the internet for you. Have I been a little punchy with my write-ups on you? Sure. That's because I've got conviction, not because I'm a bully.

Look at my signature- I won the Spirit Award last year. As the award is described by the presenter,
And my final award to hand out, these folks just make this place better with their attitude and personality. These nominees are our most important members, nominated for the Spirit Award:
You don't win the Spirit Award by being an asshat. When I'm looking for evidence, I'm silly and lighthearted. When I think I'm on to something, I pivot to punchy. I pivoted early this game because I examined several low-posters on Day 2 and Day 3 for any LRD behavior. Nutella caught my eye Day 2 and the more I re-read your posts, the faster you climbed to the top of the list afterward.

Second, I do not believe that I carry any more credibility than you. That line of yours is a total misreading of what I wrote. Right now I see you trying to discredit my case by way of discrediting me. It's the indirect approach- make people doubt the legitimacy of the witness him or herself and they'll doubt the legitimacy of their testimony. It's all very Johnny Cochran (I watched The People v. OJ Simpson- I highly recommend it!) and a very well-put-together effort. The fatal flaw in your plan is not that I have more credibility. I don't. Credibility comes with being right and winning as a civ. I've barely won much since I joined here, so nobody should just take me at my word that you're bad. They should read my case and reach their own informed decision.

The flaw in your plan is painting me as a bully. People I've played with from forums long ago through today should know pretty well that being a bully is not my MO. I'd even venture to guess that some people that have only known me here would be inclined to think the same thing.

Closing arguments- discrediting my play style won't win you the case. You're going to have to address my case. If you think your few posts that do address my case to a degree are sufficient, then by all means stand your ground on them. I'm not being a bully. This is not personal. I just think I'm right and I'm pouncing.

Player reads after I get a shower.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote:Artful as your posts may be, they're also misrepresenting me. That's not entirely your fault though, because 1) I don't think we've ever played in a game together yet, and 2) I've got you on defense so it's your job to try to dodge what I'm hurling at you.
So... you think him to be an artful dodger, but instead he is all-over twisting your words?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

art·ful
/ˈärtfəl/
adjective

1. (of a person or action) clever or skillful, typically in a crafty or cunning way.

2. showing creative skill or taste.

He's good with words. I can appreciate that.
My Banners:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

a2thezebra wrote:sig of course, Vompatti, ObscureAllure, Drum Beats, and juliets, but not as nearly as much as the other four. Good night.
Juliets is dead. Please, ISO Golden for a moment.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Polo wrote:
Juliets is dead. Please, ISO Golden for a moment.
You don't get it, my list is a direct replica.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ISO me for a moment lol
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

G-Man is a hilariously misguided civ.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

An alphabetically-ordered list of possible civvies:

Epignosis- The show lore suggests that his role could be civ-aligned. As much as the lore seems to have influenced other aspects of the game, this still makes sense to me. He also hasn't done anything to make me go :eye:

JaggedJimmyJay- He's been elevated from my neutral reads. My civ leanings on him are probably more wishful thinking than evidence based. JJJ can be a powerful force for good and he's tried to get people thinking about as many players as possible with ISO's and GTH reads. I appreciate that. Until I get burned by him engaging in faux-supatown JJJ activity, I'll be inclined to lean civ with him.

Matt-Weird post from page 83 aside, Matt's been very focused and punchy enough at times to feel genuine. He's kind of riding the fence by being both anti-Cain and pro-Toaster claim. He seems to have an overzealous streak in him as well. But he hasn't done anything contradictory that I can remember, which shows focus. Eyes on the prize is an admirable quality.

ObscureAllure- Barely. She's just about at the border between civ read and neutral read. She reminds me of the OA I remember from many moons ago and that consistency is encouraging. Her passionate refusal to make the claim really has me wondering though.

Silverwolf- Until I get burned by one or both of Ika and Silverwolf's reads on each other, I have no reason to doubt them. She's gotta be civ or she's cementing her place in history around here.

linki zebra: Wouldn't be the first time but this time feels so right!
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man wrote:An alphabetically-ordered list of possible civvies:

Epignosis- The show lore suggests that his role could be civ-aligned. As much as the lore seems to have influenced other aspects of the game, this still makes sense to me. He also hasn't done anything to make me go :eye:

JaggedJimmyJay- He's been elevated from my neutral reads. My civ leanings on him are probably more wishful thinking than evidence based. JJJ can be a powerful force for good and he's tried to get people thinking about as many players as possible with ISO's and GTH reads. I appreciate that. Until I get burned by him engaging in faux-supatown JJJ activity, I'll be inclined to lean civ with him.

Matt-Weird post from page 83 aside, Matt's been very focused and punchy enough at times to feel genuine. He's kind of riding the fence by being both anti-Cain and pro-Toaster claim. He seems to have an overzealous streak in him as well. But he hasn't done anything contradictory that I can remember, which shows focus. Eyes on the prize is an admirable quality.

ObscureAllure- Barely. She's just about at the border between civ read and neutral read. She reminds me of the OA I remember from many moons ago and that consistency is encouraging. Her passionate refusal to make the claim really has me wondering though.

Silverwolf- Until I get burned by one or both of Ika and Silverwolf's reads on each other, I have no reason to doubt them. She's gotta be civ or she's cementing her place in history around here.

linki zebra: Wouldn't be the first time but this time feels so right!
HannaK. So innocent Titan only five jhilmil civilians in your list?

You subarborescent me, anyway.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

The insanifier seems more insane that it used to seem. I recall being able to at least kind of decipher it, but not it is totally incomprehensible :confused2:

Poor Rico. I look forward to hearing what he has to say when he is able to say it. Glorfindel sounds pretty much exactly the same to me as he did the last two games I went hard for him, and he was a civ. I also agree with him about IAWY/Wilgy.

I am going to resume my Wilgy reread. As of now, it is still either him or LC for me. I am trying to recall if Wilgy was blendier in the GoC game; I seem to recall that he was. I tend to think of Wilgy as being more present and a voice in the thread when he is civ, although his recent experimental playstyles have fuzzed his meta, which I suppose is the point of experimental playstyles.
a2thezebra wrote:Do you honestly think that that's all that means? That Golden would go to the trouble of making that distinction for every character if it didn't have a major effect on the game? Yeah sure, he might as well have adjusted the size of the font based on the characters' height, like just for shits and giggles you know. It's not like it could possibly mean something more relevant to the direction the game is going or anything. :sigh:
This is a good point this has to mean SOMETHING for game purposes, or Golden would not have done it. Kind of like why I think Cain is not just another civvie as LC would have us believe; why havea super secret role thatis just another civvie? Golden has put an insane amount of thought (and I do mean insane, Golden, you need help) into this game. Those locations mean something. Canon people, any ideas?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

An alphabetically-ordered list of neutral reads (part 1):

a2thezebra- There was that odd rainbow list on page 91 but she's also made some statements and stances that I can agree with. I just don't have enough experience with her to make a call one way or the other. GTH read would be civ.

Bea- She posts a lot at one time, which is why she feels like one of the quieter ones despite her post count. Her prolonged refusal to make the claim was curious but I also agree with her and others who feel that a vote for sig today is not a waste just because he made his claim. The claim for amnesty is a two-step process. They make the claim and then we can choose to check it. If we just move onto the next person every time a claim comes in, we'll never test the claim to see if it's genuine. She's got a few reads I can agree with too. Very torn on her overall.

Black Rock- My notes on her are light, which keeps her closer to the suspicious side of neutral instead of the civvie side. I can't help but not trust her. I'm not sold on her stance on Long Con but I can understand her reservations of S~V~S.

DrumBeats- This post and the concept behind it dropped him out of a civ read. We wanted to test LoRab's claim. Thankfully the vote was tied and LR continued on posting as a true Toaster, so we could infer a lot about her coming out of that day. His thanking Cain for martial law is curious. I'm guessing he didn't need any Cylons alive to win initially. With Epi as a civ read for me, the martial law thing is conflicting.

To be continued...
My Banners:
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

S~V~S wrote:This is a good point this has to mean SOMETHING for game purposes, or Golden would not have done it. Kind of like why I think Cain is not just another civvie as LC would have us believe; why havea super secret role thatis just another civvie? Golden has put an insane amount of thought (and I do mean insane, Golden, you need help) into this game. Those locations mean something. Canon people, any ideas?
There's a chance the Galactica will be destroyed in a Cylon attack. I'm not sure there's any more significance regarding location than that.
*indiglowing*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dex wrote:
S~V~S wrote:This is a good point this has to mean SOMETHING for game purposes, or Golden would not have done it. Kind of like why I think Cain is not just another civvie as LC would have us believe; why havea super secret role thatis just another civvie? Golden has put an insane amount of thought (and I do mean insane, Golden, you need help) into this game. Those locations mean something. Canon people, any ideas?
There's a chance the Galactica will be destroyed in a Cylon attack. I'm not sure there's any more significance regarding location than that.
I agree with this. I think that further speculation on this is as useful as trying to figure out who Cavil might be able to recruit. As of now, the only thing one's presence on Galactica affects is Cylon attacks... which we haven't even seen yet. We don't even know if it is a triggered event, a planned event, or a Cylon-chosen event.

I've been looking over Wilgy's posts to see if he's someone I want to vote for. His accusation of OA over a "slip" that I don't think looks too sliplike doesn't look very good on him. He's pretty light on content - I just played as a baddie against Civ Wilgy, and he was this other person, a keen-minded detective that was figuring out all my schemes while I chuckled nervously and denied it. I would be willing to follow you on a Wilgy vote as you ask, S~V~S.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

An alphabetically-ordered list of neutral reads (part 2):

Polo- In his favor is his suspicion of sig, Glorfindel, and DrWilgy, all of whom are on my sus list. He is also in favor of eliminating Cavil before Cain, which makes sense. Working with Cain to eliminate Cavil may give us time to learn more about Cain's intentions in this game and who she is. Upon eliminating Cavil (or along the way to doing so), we can reassess how much of a threat Cain presents to the humans/civvies/whateveryouwantotcallthegoodguysinthisgame. Against Polo is the fact that he's seems a little too focused on sig, Glorfindel, and Wilgy. He's a hardcore claim fan and a little obsessive over that too. He also said on Day 3 that he would vote for Metalmarsh Day 4 (pg 89) but hasn't really listed him as a suspect since. GTH read would be a fanatical civ though.

Ricochet- He's a picker and getting close to a spot on my civ list. I'm holding him here until after his bout of insanification is through. He's a little distractable but when he's on point, he produces good content. I liked his very detailed breakdown on the Nutella lynch and he's not afraid to put a bunch of reads out there as the game progresses. He's a contributor and headed in the right direction in my mind.

S~V~S- She drops from a civ read due to what I see as backpedaling on the claim issue. She seemed very much in favor about everyone claiming initially but as holdouts emerged and continue to hold out the past two game days, her stance has softened because pressuring people to claim seems too 1984-ish. Her angle on taking out Cain before Cavil strikes me as odd because Cavil's part of a team, which can be rooted out, while Cain is one player, an indy most likely. It's not impossible to find Cain but it's a harder process that may take more time than we have available if we do need both Cavil and Cain dead. She still has a few reads that mesh with mine though, which counts for something. He insistence that Long Con is Cain is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around.

SokothQultuq- He sassed, he stalled, he talked about a bunch of stuff that wasn't player reads, and eventually he claimed. He drove people nuts while holding out but for some reason, on the other side of his claim, this post makes me feel better about him. Not civ read better but on the positive side of neutral. I can't quite place it but somehow that post feels legit.

Vompatti- As I said before, anything Vomp says should be taken with a grain of salt unless it shouldn't be. There's been lots of salt to take but not all of his posts. I don't feel a null read is justified this far into a game, so I place him smack in the middle of neutral. Knowing Vomp, he probably won't move much on my lists.
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:The insanifier seems more insane that it used to seem. I recall being able to at least kind of decipher it, but not it is totally incomprehensible :confused2:

Poor Rico. I look forward to hearing what he has to say when he is able to say it. Glorfindel sounds pretty much exactly the same to me as he did the last two games I went hard for him, and he was a civ. I also agree with him about IAWY/Wilgy.
I phr confess that this nostology khansaman pretty lax Day for outward overall.

My suspect Dark Leprechaun on potential power role indigitate not being assessed in Unhelpful Banana regard by anyone.

excursionist suspect based on interactions with (possible) baddies has claimed S~V~S will ramadan it to the Cheshire Cat.

I'll indisposedness try to look into Emperor Dalek and Glorfindel, but Catherine Martell were not main people in lumper Planter tippler viridescence Seductive Ghoul.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Obscure!!

Should
firstclass SVS treat gymnosophist information revealed certainty?

Smiley face for convergency, frownface BigDamnHero not sure / no.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Question.

Why
nostology people who tracking sig license if under the bus claim is genuine?

Turnip Head to take a shower.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Little under 7h til poll closes and only 7 votes were cast. Very interesting.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:Little under 7h til poll closes and only 7 votes were cast. Very interesting.
Why is that interesting?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Epignosis »

Living people nutella never talked about:

bea
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Glorfindel
MetalMarsh89
S~V~S
SokothQultuq
Spacedaisy
Vompatti
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:Little under 7h til poll closes and only 7 votes were cast. Very interesting.
Why is that interesting?
Because at this point in the game it either means that people are very uncomfortable with their reads or that they are treading in the shadows to avoid discussions.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Why is that interesting?
Because at this point in the game it either means that people are very uncomfortable with their reads or that they are treading in the shadows to avoid discussions.
Uncomfortable or bad, huh?

Return to “Previous Jobs”