Total votes: 8
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 2

Post by Cape90 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:05 am PSA: I’m being a bit edgier than usual, and I am conscious of that. If I ever upset anyone, please kick me. I am trying to regain a little edge that has degraded over the years of Mr. Nice Guy.
Or wolf in a corner
as if ur not being edgy rn LOL
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:59 am Rondo all that “keeping me in check” is omgusing my suspicions after giving me the easiest town read I have ever received.
what do you mean by this? You clearly don't think Thunal is super towny unless i am misinterpreting what you are saying
I was referring to Michelle in that comment. Rondo made an argument for why Michelle's responses to me at EOD1 were towny, and that was my counter.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:27 pm If my analyses are sound, Thunal is a bad fit with everyone in the POE except for ts account. She probably shouldn't be in the POE.
I hate bottom paging my most important posts so much.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:15 am If Scotty is mafia, his team has to be exactly…

Wilgy, ts account, Abigail.

I don’t see anything else?
what about LoRab, would that fit in?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:27 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:59 am Rondo all that “keeping me in check” is omgusing my suspicions after giving me the easiest town read I have ever received.
what do you mean by this? You clearly don't think Thunal is super towny unless i am misinterpreting what you are saying
I was referring to Michelle in that comment. Rondo made an argument for why Michelle's responses to me at EOD1 were towny, and that was my counter.
oh I completely misinterpreted what you were responding too in the 1st place
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:15 am If Scotty is mafia, his team has to be exactly…

I will do that full analysis soon. My initial take was no, because I thought [hypothetical mafia] LoRab would have TMI'd Scotty town. I have reconsidered that though, and we'll see how I feel. That's kind of why I have Scotty as an alternate in my theory.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:39 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am Literally falling asleep and need to close the laptop before I wake up with keyboard indents on my face.

I'm still getting to know the people with whom I haven't played (or, if played once or twice, don't have a concept of how they play).

LC, I'm very much reading as civ.

J3, as well. Way too much work to go into that much detail, for it to be fake. Also, mafia often posts less than civs--because it's harder to know what to say. And also (and maybe mores) because they are spending time chatting in BTSC, and can engage in the game without posting.

Scotty reads entirely civ to me. Even though he needs to stop padding his post count. That always makes me suspish of people, although I know that isn't a tell for you. But I'm reading you as civ other than that.

I'm intrigued by Robyn. They are totally engaging with me as new to this site (to newer players). And also don't have context to read them (if we have ever played together, I need a reminder of what game).

The back and forth between Robyn and Bereft is also odd to me. Is this typical of them? I'm not suspecting them for this, but it's reading as off to me (this could also be a culture thing that developed since I was last here, so really earnestly asking).
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am okay i just have to ask @LoRab do you fear god?
I feel like you're referencing something and I have no idea what. Or is this actually a theological question? Help! I'm way too tired to think about this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am Is it too early to ask everyone for their top three town reads?

No, of course not. Let’s go ahead an box in the mafia.
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.
TMI everywhere
I don't like this shade, not that I find that LoRab post particularly towny, but I hate these sort of bad "TMI" reads
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do S~V~S and Michelle fit together as mafia teammates?

From S~V~S

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 am I only got up to page 12.

But gotta go get ready for work, and will be 90% likely to be in the car when the poll ends unless the traffic gods smile on me, so i gotta vote now.

Gonna vote Scotty, he looks a bit flailing to me, of everyone, he's the only person who seriously pinged me. Of the others with votes, Michelle hasn't said enough for me to get a sense of her, and not voting Robyn. I'd rather give the host a day to wed out/replace no shows.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

From Michelle

Nothing

~~~

Compatible

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:33 pm I don't like this shade, not that I find that LoRab post particularly towny, but I hate these sort of bad "TMI" reads
You're allowed to hate it, but town players that have ever seen me as mafia almost never make a read on me like the one LoRab did there.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:30 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:29 pm

I will do that full analysis soon. My initial take was no, because I thought [hypothetical mafia] LoRab would have TMI'd Scotty town. I have reconsidered that though, and we'll see how I feel. That's kind of why I have Scotty as an alternate in my theory.
i think i know what u mean when i read more.
Why can't it be distancing?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:42 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:39 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am Literally falling asleep and need to close the laptop before I wake up with keyboard indents on my face.

I'm still getting to know the people with whom I haven't played (or, if played once or twice, don't have a concept of how they play).

J3, as well. Way too much work to go into that much detail, for it to be fake. Also, mafia often posts less than civs--because it's harder to know what to say. And also (and maybe mores) because they are spending time chatting in BTSC, and can engage in the game without posting.

Scotty reads entirely civ to me. Even though he needs to stop padding his post count. That always makes me suspish of people, although I know that isn't a tell for you. But I'm reading you as civ other than that.

I'm intrigued by Robyn. They are totally engaging with me as new to this site (to newer players). And also don't have context to read them (if we have ever played together, I need a reminder of what game).

The back and forth between Robyn and Bereft is also odd to me. Is this typical of them? I'm not suspecting them for this, but it's reading as off to me (this could also be a culture thing that developed since I was last here, so really earnestly asking).
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am okay i just have to ask @LoRab do you fear god?
I feel like you're referencing something and I have no idea what. Or is this actually a theological question? Help! I'm way too tired to think about this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am Is it too early to ask everyone for their top three town reads?

I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.
TMI everywhere
Where?
The reads on LC and JJJ (especially on me, that one’s egregious). And Michelle did the same thing.
what did michelle do then?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:33 pm i think i know what u mean when i read more.
Why can't it be distancing?
Well it was a town read LoRab gave Scotty, so I wouldn't think of that as "distancing". It was hedged a little bit though, which leaves some room to decline the TMI interpretation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:35 pm what did michelle do then?
Frivolously town read me for something basic in a way town nearly never does (if they have played with me as mafia before):
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:07 pm On that note, @DarlingMonroe:

If you find it impossible to fully catch up, because the thread has grown too large, then I will make the following suggestion. Don't. I still very much want you to make posts, but if time only allows you to choose between 1) trying and failing to catch up, or 2) just entering the thread and playing from the current page --> please choose #2. Fully catching up is not always necessary to play the game, and you may be better off just jumping in fresh.

If you do have time to fully catch up AND get involved before we run out of Daylight (only four hours), then go ahead.
I don't think Jay makes this post as mafia

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do S~V~S and LoRab fit together as mafia teammates?

From S~V~S

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:32 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.
I'd like to talk about this read. It seems similar to how I make some of my townreads based on "is this a thought a mafia would even think of". What about those moments is something that a mafia wouldn't think of doing?
In the forum LoRab and I came from, I got lunched for saying I trusted someone and thought they were good. "Painting Targets". Being leery of that is NAI for her, and even though LC and I come from that same background, and I think we both prolly both still have a touch of that even though we have more experience in the town-reading style of game.

Bad LoRab is a bit cagier than the LoRab here, imo.
S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:24 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:45 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
I don't really have any yet, or didn't as of this AM. My posts are a commentary, that's how I develop reads.

You seem a bit more aggro, and less considered, than I tend to associate with you. You're a person who weighs and balances, and this feels kinda the opposite, almost a bit jumpy.

Jay asked me a question about LC, I talked about how I feel about LC. Scotty is freaking me out. It doesn't mean I find any of it AI.
I’m still freaking you out? Impressive.

Maybe I’ll wear this tshirt and jeans combo for Halloween next year
No. I was using it in the context of my original statement, referencing observations rather than reads.

Plus I used that phrase in my reply to LoRab (in the spoilered part of the post you quoted), who also used it herself. So it is just a colloquialism, not an over the top baddie ranting.

Perhaps the first post has a pockety appeal from [hypothetical mafia] S~V~S for reassuring LoRab of her perspective. That's extremely generous though. The rest of this is pretty blank to me.

From LoRab

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:49 am
What's normally suspicious about your style?

I think this kind of comment about finding it weird you're too trusted is >rand mafia. A lot of townies are confident in their townieness even if they are suspected often, but it's easy for mafia to assume they're suspicious.
One one level, I have no idea. Maybe I'm just drawn that way? Some of it is how I approach the game and suspicion--some of it is meta, but a lot of it is noticing patterns and when those patterns are off. Which many see as a suspicious way to suspect people, apparently.

And, in a bigger way, your noting my discomfort in being trusted is an excellent example of why--on this particular site. It's a mafia culture thing. I learned mafia in a very different setting than that of most of the players on here. There are some players (SVS, LC in this game) I've been playing with for about 15 years--I think Wilgy for at least a decade. I may have forgotten someone else who is in this game (other than our wonderful host). The game we played then, on sites like LP and The Piano, was stylistically different--we developed our own mafia slang, almost all games were ones in which pretty much everyone has a power, info dumping was essentially always frowned on--at least past a certain point, when we all seemed to realize it's not nearly as much fun that way, and agreed that there just wouldn't be any any more. Where puzzles and hidden messages were everywhere. This site, in large part, grew out of that world--and merged it with other mafia communities.

The mafia game style of those other communities mostly became the prominent culture, with some aspects of my original realm staying around. like this color.

And I still play with my same style that I always have, even though I know that most around me have a different style--and will suspect me for my style. I'm good with that.

Although, I do twirl a lot less than I used to. :lorab:

As for your suspicion, unless I'm misunderstanding ">rand mafia" (as I don't actually know what that means). It is very par for the course in the games of most of my mafia playing for civvies to not want to be publicly trust. I mean, I guess in a game where there is only 1 bad faction (and no apparent neutral or indy roles), it makes more sense for civs to not worry so much when trusted, but...I'm still more accustomed to games where such a structure (2 teams, one good one bad) is the exception and not the rule,

While I'm waxing nostalgic, and in a Ted Lasso game, a shout out to the OG Diamond Dog, in whose honor this smiley was created :feb: It's literally based on the actual human. I miss that FEB.

Virtually nothing.

~~~

I don't think I can justify calling this anything other than compatible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do S~V~S and Scotty fit together as mafia teammates?

No.

I don't feel the need to fully analyze this. If anyone is tinfoiling these two as mafia teammates, make yourself heard please.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:36 am Cape / Thunal / JJJ were chatting up a storm yesterday. Today they are silent as the grave
insert laugh track here
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Michelle and LoRab fit together as mafia teammates?

From Michelle

Nothing

From LoRab

Nothing

~~~

Compatible

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:51 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:34 pm Even though flutterby says they have a spirit interpretation on Candle (and, no offense, I grasp those interpretations with a sprinkle of pepper), I am slanted to trust them on Candle. I mean, I previously had Candle as a city interpretation, but it provides me comfort about Flutterby rolling out so self-assured about it now.

There was a ton of commotion in the preceding 30 moments. By my calculation, there was a 2-vote 5-method bind 15 min before Dusk. Whirlwind gushing in to randomly vote Seanzie and the spar with Wilgy are crimson banners. (Or crimson cards, lol)

You can’t reveal me wolves weren’t busy leading off of Rainbow. That gazed like a rescue to me, and it functioned.
I'm not going to try reading this.
i can tell it's trying to say something but I really do not know what
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

okay just fyi when i started the day, I thought Long Con's role meant he was 3p LOL, Derp
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Michelle and Scotty fit together as mafia teammates?

From Michelle

Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:28 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm At this point, willing to switch Scotty for really exploding my confusion with LC and LC to its max potential.
Did you answer my question?
How many games you played with Long Con?
You said he sems towny in this game, can you explain more?
Michelle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:11 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:09 pm Nah, twirl that. I don’t have flightplan to detail back 8 popsicles so I’m gonna presume a few noodlebrains:

-Rainbow is laughing JJJ as OMGUS
-JJJ is juicing Rainbow as a margarine vote. I’m optional to trail his chimney atm because he courted pretty mundane end of resistance in my reread
-Rondo is voting JJJ because Rondo
-Flutterby is froglegs for [reasons]
-no fence new has laughed in

Am I tired yet?
Who are you and what you did with Scotty?
Michelle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:25 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:09 pm Nah, twirl that. I don’t have flightplan to detail back 8 popsicles so I’m gonna presume a few noodlebrains:

-JJJ is juicing Rainbow as a margarine vote. I’m optional to trail his chimney atm because he courted pretty mundane end of resistance in my reread

Am I tired yet?
Haha Matches had a jellybean.

But like, for the most potion I don’t bite I’m that whoopee to bleach. Gopher are your scumreads besides JJJ?"
I think I understood this one.
Give me time to construct a Poe, I need at least 12 hours from now on

Virtually nothing. Perhaps that initial response to cursed Scotty is cheeky playfulness against a town victim, but I'm not comfortable trusting that read.

From Scotty

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:15 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:02 pm When was the last time you rolled mafia? Mind if I checked it out? I thought there was a game I was speccing where I pegged you as mafia by like day 3 but I don’t remember if that was confbias or you actually were mafia
Refer to the links in this post -- plenty of examples to work with. It's been both annoying and vindicating to be mafia so many times lately. I had one of my worst games ever in Philosophy 2 a couple years ago, but since then I have gone 5-0 as mafia (despite never being pleased to see the role card at first). Feels nice.
Wait- THATS RIGHT! I was just in a game with you in Don’t Starve, and would have absolutely gunned for you D2 if I didn’t get D1’d. I totally forgot about that game.

Ok ok I *can* read you.
You don't seem too confident here tho
:| That declaration is me feeling confident. Not sure what you mean
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:22 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:45 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:40 pm
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:04 pm Scotty is having gripes with people for the sake of having gripes with people and if he's town here, it needs to stop ASAP, because I don't see myself townreading the slot if this keeps up.
Hol up

What is having gripes?

I am firmly on the hot seat and need to parse those voting me as either manipulative or genuine.

Either way, there were 5 people voting me and all are dead wrong, so of course I was having gripes. And I will continue to have gripes, thank you very much. I might have so many gripes they’ll turn into grapes and I’ll eat them
I see now a wagon of 3, who was voting you before?
I had 5 at some point- if I recall, cape, Robyn, JJJ, thunal, bereft. Now add PA and SVS.

So almost half the players have voted me thus far this game :suspish:
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:39 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:37 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:22 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:21 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:13 pm So out of the 13 active players, only 9 have voted.

Long Con, Michelle, Dr. Wilgy & LoRab are the players who have abstained so far.
Without reads I can vote using RNG, its god said Long Con is scum. :charlieblackmon:
Yeah, Long Con being scum was so last game though.... this time around, not feeling his wolf energy.
How many games you played with LC?
Jinx

But really though, I think….this might be a scumslip
Long Con was town in DM’s only game on this site. This could legit be a slip that she is in BTSC with LC and had a perspective slip
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:58 pm Ok I gotta go and have an appointment before eod

Current working theory is DM and LC are mafia.
Can throw SVS in there too, though DM’s push on SVS would be almost clearing of SVS if DM flips bad. 4th can be…LoRab. I could be wrong on the latter, with 3 missingno’s. TBD

If I still go over, it’s been real. Cape needs to get off his high horse but I still feel like he is in a genuine tunnel and not just pushing me for shits. Please be easy on him.
Thunal has been quite waffly on me all game, which makes me want to just townread them. It would be easier to just jump on my wagon, but I feel like they’re really considering if my actions/reads have been forced or whatever. Making a town.
Princess Abigail I have already talked about- town.

JJJ can be resolved in a couple days. Again, if he doesn’t have a pelt by D3, and he’s still alive, get rid of him. Please.

Others:
Bereft and Robyn are either both town or one is fooling the other. I could be convinced that one is pocketing the other. I do not townread bereft yet. I’m a little biased but I feel like he’s been blunt to a point regarding me.

Wilgy has made some questionable impressions in the thread- I feel like he’s picking the wagons, making one minor point about them, and then making broad reads based on it. It doesn’t feel like actual solving yet. Prime candidate for info tonite tho.

Michelle’s entrance into the game is…fine. I guess. Not much presence. prob town.
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:29 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:28 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm At this point, willing to switch Scotty for really exploding my confusion with LC and LC to its max potential.
Did you answer my question?
How many games you played with Long Con?
You said he sems towny in this game, can you explain more?
Sounds like she was confusing him with Lime Coke
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:21 pm I’ve perused back the last thirty moments of the sun gobble I can only doodle that to be one of the flibber, bungle endings to a giggle I can hummingbird. Whirlwind is an absolute harmony jester and I have no riddle if that is to be mirrored in his arrangement. Rainbow begs to be decoded and I would be vaporizing something if she wasn’t rescued yesterday. Because if Rainbow is boozy, JJJ is purported good, which would be wildly useful.

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:49 pm Hi jellybeans.

I’m like 8 popsicles behind and don’t grasp if it’s been wrapped yet but has anyone crusted why we have a 1-blast wiggly that didn’t bamboozle last night? I reload wolves could have been guarded, but the optimal Bagpipe I feel like was to bamboozle either an inactive or blank the counter cartwheel- Michelle.

This creates me feel like the wiggly is an inactive.

Ok, bicycle to catching up. I marking ton of toilet time market but I have Argyle.
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:25 pm

Am I tired yet?
Haha Matches had a jellybean.

But like, for the most potion I don’t bite I’m that whoopee to bleach. Gopher are your scumreads besides JJJ?"

There's just not a whole lot here. Scotty's vote for Michelle today is a nice touch for dissociation, but I feel the urge to be careful with that given the gamestate coming out of EOD1.

~~~

Compatible, though if you asked me for a GTH read it'd be "I don't think they're teamed". I might give their space an even softer green in the table instead of hard yellow.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:47 pm okay just fyi when i started the day, I thought Long Con's role meant he was 3p LOL, Derp
I momentarily did that the second time I saw the flip. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:03 pm Rondo is probably 0 for 3. Oops.
mmmmmmmm

I think Thunal's pop in wasn't villagery so what r u talking about
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:00 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:56 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:52 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:50 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:48 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:30 pm
Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:28 pm

There's someone he thinks was suspicious at EoD, but I cant for the life of me figure out who that was.

He thinks Michelle might've been rescued, and wants to flip them because if it flips red then it clears J³.

Idg how this curse works. Why is J³ not censored ugh.
yeah its a frame rescue. It was tvt d1. Wolves had full control of thread
I also think the wagons were t/t but I don't think a coordinated frame rescue makes any sense. If I were wolfing I'd easily go on town Michelle who could be cleared later over no show Seanzie.
This is the post you respond to? This one. lol
You realize I'm catching up and haven't read everything yet?

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:44 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:26 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:37 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm

I think this kind of comment about finding it weird you're too trusted is >rand mafia. A lot of townies are confident in their townieness even if they are suspected often, but it's easy for mafia to assume they're suspicious.
One one level, I have no idea. Maybe I'm just drawn that way? Some of it is how I approach the game and suspicion--some of it is meta, but a lot of it is noticing patterns and when those patterns are off. Which many see as a suspicious way to suspect people, apparently.

And, in a bigger way, your noting my discomfort in being trusted is an excellent example of why--on this particular site. It's a mafia culture thing. I learned mafia in a very different setting than that of most of the players on here. There are some players (SVS, LC in this game) I've been playing with for about 15 years--I think Wilgy for at least a decade. I may have forgotten someone else who is in this game (other than our wonderful host). The game we played then, on sites like LP and The Piano, was stylistically different--we developed our own mafia slang, almost all games were ones in which pretty much everyone has a power, info dumping was essentially always frowned on--at least past a certain point, when we all seemed to realize it's not nearly as much fun that way, and agreed that there just wouldn't be any any more. Where puzzles and hidden messages were everywhere. This site, in large part, grew out of that world--and merged it with other mafia communities.

The mafia game style of those other communities mostly became the prominent culture, with some aspects of my original realm staying around. like this color.

And I still play with my same style that I always have, even though I know that most around me have a different style--and will suspect me for my style. I'm good with that.

Although, I do twirl a lot less than I used to. :lorab:

As for your suspicion, unless I'm misunderstanding ">rand mafia" (as I don't actually know what that means). It is very par for the course in the games of most of my mafia playing for civvies to not want to be publicly trust. I mean, I guess in a game where there is only 1 bad faction (and no apparent neutral or indy roles), it makes more sense for civs to not worry so much when trusted, but...I'm still more accustomed to games where such a structure (2 teams, one good one bad) is the exception and not the rule,

While I'm waxing nostalgic, and in a Ted Lasso game, a shout out to the OG Diamond Dog, in whose honor this smiley was created :feb: It's literally based on the actual human. I miss that FEB.
Okay, what you and JJJ said about not wanting to be townread makes sense, and that comment might be NAI coming from you. You said JJJ's play was too much work to be fake, how much experience do you have with him? Afaik he tries hard as both alignments and can't be effort cleared alone.
minor concern

why assume that comment is NAI coming from LoRab if you question how much experience they have with JJJ?
I didn't mean the JJJ comment, I meant the comment about not wanting to be trusted because LoRab is an old school player.
So let me get this straight.

You will respond to the above comment to cape that you were tagged in

and the comment from me that you werent tagged in.

and yet you didnt see at all on that page that I was pushing a you / jjj / cape + 1 angle when there is a 4 minute interval between post 1 and post 2?

Gonna have to press x to doubt here
I saw it, I just didn't think it was worth responding to.
this pinged me as scummy
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:51 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:47 pm okay just fyi when i started the day, I thought Long Con's role meant he was 3p LOL, Derp
You are trying to make us look partnered to Rondo aren't you
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:51 pm mmmmmmmm

I think Thunal's pop in wasn't villagery so what r u talking about
You'll see that I granted Thunal was Rondo's best shot at avoiding 0 for 3. I still doubt it, but she's more likely than you are.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:51 pm
You are trying to make us look partnered to Rondo aren't you
No, I am saying that a thing happened in my brain. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:48 pm I don't actually like Thunal's posting at the moment, but this might just be a me thing and not an actual cause for concern. Feels rote.
Same, though I kinda like
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:48 pm fwiw I have a bit of paranoia about Abi since when we've played as t/t I've found her solid town by now. When you take out her pushing Jay I feel like she hasn't done some of the trademarks I've seen from town Abi. Like she seemed less invested in the chop than I've seen her be before. I'd expect her to take a stronger stance on not killing a 0 poster.
this take a bit on Abigail, though I will ALSO say Abigail is an easy push given they popped in and out of the thread in a kinda boring way
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:52 pm Robyn
Cape
JJJ
Bereft

Michelle
DrWilgy

DarlingMonroe
SVS
Rondo
ts account

LoRab
Scotty
Abigail
Is there any particular reason you find me towny? You seemed a little put off by my progression to voting you day 1
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do LoRab and Scotty fit together as mafia teammates?

From LoRab

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:28 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:16 am
But this is an unhinged towny post
OK, but really. Baddie LC doesn't let himself post silly/drunkish comments.
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:54 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:47 am Lorab isn’t doing anything so far to make me townread her, and frankly is rather blendy in her entrance posts.

Though I don’t remember how LoRab operates. It’s been a while
That feels better! Pretty sure you suspect me in every game for some version of that reason.
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:21 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am Scotty reads entirely civ to me. Even though he needs to stop padding his post count. That always makes me suspish of people, although I know that isn't a tell for you. But I'm reading you as civ other than that.
This is NAI activity and Scotty usually posts a lot
Having now looked up NAI, I don't agree. It can be, but isn't always. Very much depends on the player and how it is being done.

I had initially interpreted LoRab's read on Scotty in that first post as hard TMI. I have since reconsidered, and I think it's an important moment to sort. Compare LoRab's read on me, "Jay has lots of posts, too many to be fake", to her read on Scotty, "he seems very town to me except for all those posts he made to pad his post count[/i]. That difference bugs me.

From Scotty

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 am I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
I mean, it could be....but it seems weird to phrase it that way in the roles if it isn't important. If a civ curses, do we give money to Giles (sorry, Rupert)? Or do we take money away from him? Seems like it would be prudent to not risk giving mafia more power, and keep our language clean.

Also, hi, to all!! And, I'm Lorab :Lorab: for those I don't know. I'm an old timer, and have been convinced to come back, lol. Important thing to know is that I have a super quirky schedule, and many times that are great for everyone else are, well, not great for me. So, I'm sometimes MIA. The RAB in my screen name stands for Rabbi--and yes, I actually am. And, that means that weekends are weird. Just so you know.

For what it's worth, I'm reading LC as civ. And I mostly agree with him. Weird. I also thing J3 is probably civ, although keeping a note in my mind that he might just be acting aggressively civ to avoid suspicion, but I'm not feeling that at least for the moment.
So nice to have you back LoRab!

In case others don’t know, this :lorab: emoji is hers.

This :burp: is mine

JJJ is firmly a neutral town lean- he’s adding to discussion so he is a boon to town atm regardless
LC is not quite on my town radar yet. Lean scum
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:47 am Lorab isn’t doing anything so far to make me townread her, and frankly is rather blendy in her entrance posts.

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:57 am

@LoRab ignore my last post about you being blendy, I somehow missed this entire reads post.

I like it for its stances, until you get paranoid that others haven’t suspected you yet. It’s very self conscious and I don’t know why others would suspect you for anything you had done until this post.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:59 am If I critically assess LoRab beyond a vibe town read:

I think her aversion to being town read stems from an older Syndicate era when essentially everyone hated being town read (due to old win conditions).

Perhaps LoRab’s confidence in her town reads of LC and especially of me can be questioned. To suggest my play to that point was “too detailed to be fake” is a bit much.
I think there’s probably a difference in approach since she seems to inference the olde ways, but actively is pushing back against people townreading her. It’s like she *knows* she isn’t doing anything towny, and can’t help but acknowledge it
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Cu cu cachoo
Could you indicate which of Thunal's read(s) you found half-baked?
Their vote for SVS came out of nowhere for me:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
Their loRab push was also not strong.

Even though through a lens, I actually independently find I agree with their reads of both SVS and LoRab: where are SVS’ reads, and why is LoRab so freaked out about being townread?
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:15 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:54 pm

That feels better! Pretty sure you suspect me in every game for some version of that reason.
Can’t recall, but me doing something I can’t remember tracks
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:22 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:21 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am Scotty reads entirely civ to me. Even though he needs to stop padding his post count. That always makes me suspish of people, although I know that isn't a tell for you. But I'm reading you as civ other than that.
This is NAI activity and Scotty usually posts a lot
Having now looked up NAI, I don't agree. It can be, but isn't always. Very much depends on the player and how it is being done.
In this case, it really is NAI. I’ll let you know if it’s not. You can trust me
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:05 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:03 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:43 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:41 am I don’t understand this point. The point I’m making is exactly that her different approach is different and it is me parsing whether or not it is genuine or not
I don't understand your meaning either. What do you mean exactly by "her different approach is different"? What is it different from, and how is it different?
Ok- it’s me asking ‘is she being different for the sake of being different and using that as a crutch?’

Does that make any more sense? If not I don’t even know what we’re talking about
Would you agree that LoRab being averse to town reads is not “different” for old school players like her?
Oh I see the confusion

I was more talking about how I think she could have been purposely using the ‘I should be a suspect, not town read!’ as a WIFOM strategy to up-play herself, knowing full well that others can view that as a benign old school philosophy
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:35 am Town read:
Cape
Long con
Thunal (uno reversal. I dunno. Really liked the involvement I’ve seen in my read back today. Seems solvy)

Town lean:
JJJ (should not be voted today, only a doofus would do it)
Princess Abigail (I also don’t feel like mafia PA comes after the juggernaut JJJ immediately, tho I must profess I don’t know what mafia PA looks like. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it)
bereft (ending response about Robyn)

Scumlean:
LoRab. (Only minorly Scumlean because I haven’t seen too much town equity atm)

Scumread:
Robyn

Others need to post more

I can’t make a good read on SVS at the moment- my paranoia is coming back inadvertently because she keeps wondering why I’m not paranoid. WELL THE PARANOIA IS IN TOWN AND FOUND AN AIR BNB

We’re still missing like 3 people that haven’t posted, which is…….bad. As I have said early on with JJJ, we need town to POST in a no-info dumping game.
@RondoDimBuckle @Seanzie @ts account
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:58 pm Ok I gotta go and have an appointment before eod

Current working theory is DM and LC are mafia.
Can throw SVS in there too, though DM’s push on SVS would be almost clearing of SVS if DM flips bad. 4th can be…LoRab. I could be wrong on the latter, with 3 missingno’s. TBD

If I still go over, it’s been real. Cape needs to get off his high horse but I still feel like he is in a genuine tunnel and not just pushing me for shits. Please be easy on him.
Thunal has been quite waffly on me all game, which makes me want to just townread them. It would be easier to just jump on my wagon, but I feel like they’re really considering if my actions/reads have been forced or whatever. Making a town.
Princess Abigail I have already talked about- town.

JJJ can be resolved in a couple days. Again, if he doesn’t have a pelt by D3, and he’s still alive, get rid of him. Please.

Others:
Bereft and Robyn are either both town or one is fooling the other. I could be convinced that one is pocketing the other. I do not townread bereft yet. I’m a little biased but I feel like he’s been blunt to a point regarding me.

Wilgy has made some questionable impressions in the thread- I feel like he’s picking the wagons, making one minor point about them, and then making broad reads based on it. It doesn’t feel like actual solving yet. Prime candidate for info tonite tho.

Michelle’s entrance into the game is…fine. I guess. Not much presence. prob town.
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:14 pm
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:13 pm thunal/scotty/bereft/jjj/rabbi town
Have you explained your LoRab townread? Just vibe with how she answered your questions?

If Scotty is mafia, he hasn't been willing to follow the early game wave of town credit that went to LoRab. That'd be an awkward distancing decision, particularly when paired with LoRab's town read on him. It doesn't feel like a set of reads that is likely to be planned. It could still happen between teammates randomly, but I don't know if I believe that to be the most probable scenario. These analyses with Scotty are inherently more difficult to judge by sheer volume of material and the nature of his Day 1 waffles. Even things that I think look dissociated (like Scotty listing LoRab as a minor scumlean and adding a caveat that it's only minor) isn't that hard to argue as teamed instead. Meh.

~~~

I think my prevailing instinct is still "no" to their being teamed, but I lack confidence in that. I think this'll get the special light green again, which is a trend for Scotty. Tough call.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:19 pm Why is DrWilgy town?

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:38 pm Someone tell me the cases for the lead wagons, I'm stuck in work hell and going to see the kids tomorrow so activity/reread time will be light today if at all.

Scotty/Thunal.

Clearly there's a wolf in the Scotty, Bereft, Cape90, Jay realm, so which of these is it?

Wilgy arrived to the game late after the thread had ballooned quite a bit. For him to open his solving in this manner is very Wilgy-appropriate. Instead of either saying nothing relevant or spamming out considerable "false solving" content as he sometimes does as mafia, he fell in the right midpoint.

He pointed to the immediately visible wagon: Scotty - 3 (Bereft, Cape90, Jay), and he made a read on the basis of that poll. It was the data he could operate with without needing to be caught up, and it's exactly the kind of read that Wilgy thrives on (whether he is right or wrong).

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:20 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:32 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:38 pm Someone tell me the cases for the lead wagons, I'm stuck in work hell and going to see the kids tomorrow so activity/reread time will be light today if at all.

Scotty/Thunal.

Clearly there's a wolf in the Scotty, Bereft, Cape90, Jay realm, so which of these is it?
I dunno, but I’m gonna be pissed if I get D1’d again by a bad Jay only for town to lose to him in endgame.
Understandable.

No thoughts on your voters while responding to this inquiry feels weird.

When Scotty replied in a reads-neutral manner, Wilgy was cordial in receiving that reply but also remained severe in keeping Scotty on his toes. Wilgy has an eye for communicative weaseling, and I like that he is playing that way here.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:14 pm as it stands from my gleaning afew pages.

Could vote Bereft, Scotty, Robyn.

Gonna start skimming ISOs.

After a few pages of getting context, Wilgy arrives at these three suspects. Two were involved in the prior Scotty wagon dynamic (Scotty and Bereft), and one is glued at the hip to Bereft (robyn). This makes perfect Wilgyan sense.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:23 pm Michelle is, underwhelming, but I can at least see where t Michelle sees Robyns inquiry towards J as weird.

I wouldn't yeet.

One could accuse Wilgy of being too easy on Michelle here, but his conduct today is a nice counter to that. He also voted Michelle on Day 1 in the end based on his preference against getting the zero poster. Wilgy is a data-driven player (and votes/flips are his most important resources), so I completely believe his opposition to killing Seanzie.

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:37 am Gross.

2 of our dead as no voters feels like a personal offense to me.

Case in point. [though, while the Seanzie and Long Con deaths may not be great for data collection, it's at least preferable to have town who place votes alive right now]

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:48 am Just skimmed the Longest Congest and Scotty unlikely made this kill while at the same time receiving this curse. So that's neat.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:36 pm Also [VOTE: SVS] aubergine.

In reading through LC, I find Scotty to be just town, and now kinda get the SVS wagon. Also skimmed SVS's ISO and they seem to be in range.

Great nuance. Wilgy goat.

~~~

I town read Wilgy on gut, and this review converts gut to data. He is a strong town read.
I like this post and i got the feeling that all of his talk about the Long Con NK and the way he handled EOD was towny
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:28 pm Why is DarlingMonroe town?

DarlingMonroe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:35 pm Hey y'all! Hope everyone is doing well; i'll be frank: not super familiar with games that restrict role claiming or dropping hints about their role, so looking forward to using this as an opportunity to learn. Anyone care to provide a previous game here that was similar, pretty please? In the meantime, gonna continue catching up w/ Ted Lasso (the show, lol).
DarlingMonroe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:38 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:35 pm Hey y'all! Hope everyone is doing well; i'll be frank: not super familiar with games that restrict role claiming or dropping hints about their role, so looking forward to using this as an opportunity to learn. Anyone care to provide a previous game here that was similar, pretty please? In the meantime, gonna continue catching up w/ Ted Lasso (the show, lol).
This used to be the norm around here years ago. It is much less common these days. The most recent example, to my knowledge, was the first game of our 10-year anniversary bit.

Click here for that

How do you suppose you'll use this other game to guide you in this game?
Thank you, Jx3!

& for the bolded, just to the type/style of comments or gameplay, etc..

:)
DarlingMonroe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:58 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:45 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:41 pm Thank you, Jx3!

& for the bolded, just to the type/style of comments or gameplay, etc..

:)
Happy to be of service. By all means, if you think that will help you, then do your thing. Would you say there was anything you picked up in your experience with the Severance game that you'll apply to this game?

Don't worry, this isn't a job interview. Necessarily.
Trust my instinct/gut more. I played a little too passively; perhaps it would have been more useful to town if I had contributed more, perhaps not.

Any advice from a master like you, JJJ?

These initial three posts from DM struck me as coming from a lone mind. I didn't get the impression that DM had support outside the thread, and I think I'd have some clue what that might look like because of her masonry with Jack in the previous game.

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:36 pm Having read the most recent page, and gone through SVS posts.... they ping me the post so voting for them (SVS)... Scotty might be wolf, but I don't see it personally.
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:37 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:32 pm This game started in a moment when my free time doesn't really exist.
I would like to have a solid town read to sheep it.
Who should I sheep Jay?
Read the last page or two. Go over some posters' comments, look at the players with votes, and then create your own read. If it happens to overlap with Jay's great, if not, no harm.
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:40 pm @Bereft you really seem to be advocating for SVS... any reason in particular?

I advised DM late on Day 1 to operate with the most recent material instead of trying to completely catch up, and I appreciate that she had the courage to do that. She developed impressions of initial content, and she looked into a specific dynamic that has been significant in the game to make a judgment (S~V~S vs. Scotty). She tried her best to make her mark around EOD.

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:42 pm
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:40 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:36 pm Having read the most recent page, and gone through SVS posts.... they ping me the post so voting for them (SVS)... Scotty might be wolf, but I don't see it personally.
can you elaborate why? also how much time do you have to play in the next 140 minutes
They are right like in the middle when it comes to posting activity; mostly fluff yet opportunistic enough to jump on the Scotty vote... IDK, it's not a lot but it's my read.

And I have like the next 40 minutes and then I have to go offline
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:16 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:13 pm So out of the 13 active players, only 9 have voted.

Long Con, Michelle, Dr. Wilgy & LoRab are the players who have abstained so far.
They are also the players with less than 30 posts. Everyone else with more posts than 30 has voted.

SVS still my biggest ping.
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm
wait, nvm, we are back at the same page with SVS

I just think this process is organic.

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:32 pm As of now, this is where I am at.

town reads: me [dm], robyn, Cape90
town lean: scotty, jjj, dr. wilgy, Rondo

????: michelle, thunal, princess A, LoRab, ts account

mafia reads: SVS, bereft

Suspecting Bereft in this gamestate is probably a good sign, frankly. I will allow her to expand for herself on why she feels that way before I say anything more, though.

~~~

The operative term here is purity. I know that idea makes some people uneasy, but the good news is that this isn't the typical "uwu :3 :3" kind of purity that anyone can fake. It's purity of solving process.
i see it a little bit, I was slightly concerned about her having both me and robyn together so high
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

Thinking about the alternative universe where mafia didn't make poor decisions.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:14 pm Thinking about the alternative universe where mafia didn't make poor decisions.
The only decision they made so far was killing Long Con unless the wagon on Seanzie was actually mafia driven
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:15 pm
Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:14 pm Thinking about the alternative universe where mafia didn't make poor decisions.
The only decision they made so far was killing Long Con unless the wagon on Seanzie was actually mafia driven
The decision they made was "NK someone other than J^3", and like, ...

Whatever.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Highly doubt they're teamed | Unlikely to be teamed | Maybe compatible even if I don't feel it | Compatible

The names in this table are the names in my POE pool. This is how I further narrow down suspects.

~ Thunal is a goofy or bad fit with everyone else save the zero poster. That's a pretty good indicator in her favor.

~ ts account is compatible with everyone by default. There is no further rationale there.

Per this table, the following teams of four are possible with completely mutual yellow blocks.

[Michelle, LoRab, S~V~S, ts account]
---
[Michelle, Abigail, LoRab, ts account]
---
??? That might be it? I don't see another one off-hand, but I'll keep scoping my table. It's hard to tell lol.

Teams that work if I allow the softest green color to be treated as yellow:

[Michelle, Abigail, ts account, Scotty]
---
[Michelle, Abigail, LoRab, Scotty]
---
[Michelle, LoRab, ts account, Scotty]
---
Not seeing another at the moment, but I am also going blind. I will indicate if I see another. But here are two viable teams and three more semi-viable teams. So defines the POE:

{Michelle, LoRab, ts account, S~V~S ||| Abigail, Scotty}

This has been me fully showing my work for why my solve is my solve.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

@LoRab
@S~V~S
I want too see more from both of you today and talk about what you think the solve is/or at least contribute to that discussion
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:20 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:15 pm
The decision they made was "NK someone other than J^3", and like, ...

Whatever.
I mean the protective role is still up and alive and the most straight forward protect from day 1 is JJJ so with that in mind I wouldn't be so sure about this POV
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 582
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:00 pm Anyone:

Name a player that others find town and you don't get why (not including the three analyses I just posted).
Rondo.

I don't suspect him like I did coming into today partly because I'm not sure what he's doing if he's a wolf, but I'm not sold on him being town.
So... I don't suspect him... But I do suspect him. Nice flip flops
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:24 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:58 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:41 am You do you, Rondo. But I have seen you spam total b/s reads as mafia more than once, so forgive me if I don’t dismiss your content as “just Rondo things”.
yes yes. Rondo doing rondo things, easy dismissal.
How accurate have your pushes been in the past?
The number of times I have tunneled jjj is the same number of times I have been right on him so far
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Just ask Robyn how correct I am on them
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:27 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:05 am PSA: I’m being a bit edgier than usual, and I am conscious of that. If I ever upset anyone, please kick me. I am trying to regain a little edge that has degraded over the years of Mr. Nice Guy.
Or wolf in a corner
as if ur not being edgy rn LOL
You trying to undermine my read is not going to help me find you town when I have you paired with jjj
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:47 pm The number of times I have tunneled jjj is the same number of times I have been right on him so far
Can't go wrong with 1 for 1. :srsnod:

(1 for 2)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

You know what. I have given town a whole day phases to see the light. I now award the game to jjj.

Jjj convince me to not to tunnel thunal
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Half a day phase*
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Can we go back to being all chummy and acting like the game's over like we were yesterday when it wasn't even, 'cause the game's not gonna suddenly become more exciting. And I'm saying this knowing that I'm going to be the one around when we're down 2-3 mafia.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

[VOTE: Thunal ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:55 pm You know what. I have given town a whole day phases to see the light. I now award the game to jjj.

Jjj convince me to not to tunnel thunal
I have a hard time finding coherent teammates for Thunal among my other POE suspects. If you review my recent analyses with Thunal's name in them, you'll see why. If you want to pair her with someone I town read, I'll need to ask specifically about whoever that may be.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:59 pm Can we go back to being all chummy and acting like the game's over like we were yesterday when it wasn't even, 'cause the game's not gonna suddenly become more exciting. And I'm saying this knowing that I'm going to be the one around when we're down 2-3 mafia.
The game is definitely not over (or even close). But sometimes it is nice to parade around with some confidence and gusto. Is there something that you foresee down the line that concerns you and/or that you wish to be prepared for?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I did not like thunals push on Lorab after wanting to be sussed. I am familiar with that playstyle and it came across as towny to me. Thunal going after Lorab here smacks of keeping the POE open
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm I’ve turned around on Cape- even tho he doesn’t have a lot of posts, what posts he has made are actual reads. Obviously I would like him to expand on them, but he’s making definitive reads

Thunal on the surface looks fine with their reads, if not making reads that come off as half baked. And no one wants a half baked pie, except maybe the stray cat that hangs out on my patio after dark. He’ll eat anything.
Scumlean
Scotty could be with thunal

He wanted to feel out a cape push here and a soft defend of thunal when public opinion was turning
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.
I'd like to talk about this read. It seems similar to how I make some of my townreads based on "is this a thought a mafia would even think of". What about those moments is something that a mafia wouldn't think of doing?
one more trying to push lorab as a viability with bereft
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”