Total votes: 8
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 4

Post by robyn »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 pm
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 pm ah, got your scumcase on scotty?
Just follow me today
i'd follow u anywhere rn lol

i led town to 2 town kills, jjj is literally suffering watching me play
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DarlingMonroe »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:04 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 pm
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 pm ah, got your scumcase on scotty?
Just follow me today
i'd follow u anywhere rn lol

i led town to 2 town kills, jjj is literally suffering watching me play
yeah, no wonder wolves didnt axe u if you are not one of them, lol
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

the scotty votes are so icky
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 582
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Currently on Scott/DM and +1
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 2

Post by Bereft »

Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:46 pm
-makes a weird assertion that she saw something in Robyn calling cape/bereft town. That makes no sense. I mean, cape/Robyn all but claimed that they’re masons, so that as given. But bereft once again being pushed as noble for associations rings hollow to me. Unless he’s exactly the cop. But why would mafia leave cop alive N1 if they thought that was the case? Makes no sense.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

In case @DarlingMonroe whats to know what someone thats not me thinks about Robyn/Cape
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

page 69 nice
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I dont really see how DM/Scotty are partnered here.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

@robyn I have to admit my faith was shook last night. I dont understand why bereft is town now. I had a whole crisis of if I flip on you today but I decided Ive already lost if you are wolf so I have to accept you and cape are town but bereft is not who I thought he is. There is a second option but I need some assurance
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:15 pm @robyn I have to admit my faith was shook last night. I dont understand why bereft is town now. I had a whole crisis of if I flip on you today but I decided Ive already lost if you are wolf so I have to accept you and cape are town but bereft is not who I thought he is. There is a second option but I need some assurance
Who the $%#! did you think I was????
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:14 pm I dont really see how DM/Scotty are partnered here.
Well I really hate how scotty has been trying to push me and you and DM just keeps giving me weird vibes. What about Thunal/Scotty? or Scotty/X+1?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:15 pm @robyn I have to admit my faith was shook last night. I dont understand why bereft is town now. I had a whole crisis of if I flip on you today but I decided Ive already lost if you are wolf so I have to accept you and cape are town but bereft is not who I thought he is. There is a second option but I need some assurance
Who the $%#! did you think I was????
what did TS flip?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I can't communicate effectively more than I already have, so its your problems now.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

thats why I said it was improbable that Robyn/Cape/Bereft start shielding each other day 1 so hard. But not unlikely.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 pm
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:14 pm I dont really see how DM/Scotty are partnered here.
Well I really hate how scotty has been trying to push me and you and DM just keeps giving me weird vibes. What about Thunal/Scotty? or Scotty/X+1?
Thunal/Scotty works possibly. Check J^3s massive walls oops
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:17 pm thats why I said it was improbable that Robyn/Cape/Bereft start shielding each other day 1 so hard. But not unlikely.
ahhhh

to be blunt: the reason robyn has for calling conftown is based on the strength of their read on me

because they dont get it either
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:17 pm
I really dont want to. I have very little bandwith and cant be assed much today. I know how today is going to go already assuming that I can get Robyn to agree that your block will vote with me and Thunal too. So I am just going to save brain space for tomorrow
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

bereft is town, trust me

i can't offer you quantifiable assurance, i know he's town and there's 0 doubt in my mind that he's town. i'm just right on this read

as i said from the start, anyone but cape/bereft i'm interested in

i can probably articulate any number of sentence and paragraph constructions but it all comes down to trust and faith in my certainty of my read

and you must trust me here, and i'm not changing my mind because i simply know i'm right
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

to be clear I want today to proceed as normal for now
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

there are no hammers right?
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

J^3 thought thunal and scotty were unpartnered, have yet to dig up why.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

what if JJJ was a wolf and we just didnt know it? He fooled the host and got flipped town he was that good? We only need 2 more wolves
Tinfoil JJJ, even in death
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:19 pm
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:17 pm
I really dont want to. I have very little bandwith and cant be assed much today. I know how today is going to go already assuming that I can get Robyn to agree that your block will vote with me and Thunal too. So I am just going to save brain space for tomorrow
yeah dw i don't trust myself on much besides bereft read which hasn't shaken in confidence
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I tend to agree with J^3's account that they're not the most likely partners. Essentially they have oppositely trending progressions on each other.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:26 pm Do Thunal33 and Scotty fit together as mafia teammates?

From Thunal

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:18 pm I like Scotty's entrance, and I think his comment about Cape's entrance is >rand town.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:41 am oops, SVS I was going to ask you what your takes on LC/Scotty were.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:55 am I'm liking Cape so far, I think his curiosity about my RVS vote question was good and it feels like he's saying whatever takes come to mind.

Long Con
Scotty
JJJ
Cape

everyone else

LoRab
SVS
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:29 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Cu cu cachoo
Could you indicate which of Thunal's read(s) you found half-baked?
Their vote for SVS came out of nowhere for me:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
Their loRab push was also not strong.

Even though through a lens, I actually independently find I agree with their reads of both SVS and LoRab: where are SVS’ reads, and why is LoRab so freaked out about being townread?
Both of those pushes are low confidence, and LoRab's is even lower confidence than SVS. I woke up this morning, read the thread, and SVS's more recent posts caught my eye. I guess you could say it "came out of nowhere" but that's pretty normal/NAI at this stage in the game.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm I feel like SVS would know if Scotty had secret tells on him or not and so lying about this wouldn't make much sense from Scotty.

This sort of meta read about Scotty suspecting SVS every game can go w/t either way or t/t. The only thing I think it's unlikely to be is w/w. If Scotty suspects SVS every game and both of them know it, mafia Scotty might go out of his way to suspect SVS again or he could change it to pocket SVS. SVS's post felt dramatic, with not much substance other than that it's freaking her out and I'd expect that post to go with a read or investigation on Scotty.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:28 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:10 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:47 am Lorab isn’t doing anything so far to make me townread her, and frankly is rather blendy in her entrance posts.

Though I don’t remember how LoRab operates. It’s been a while
blendy this blendy that
Tbf, I've seen town Scotty make that kind of read.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:32 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what are your top reasons for sussing Scotty?
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:34 pm I personally don't think Scotty has been scummy and I have a few town pings from him, but enough people I feel good about are sussing him (particularly JJJ/Long Con) that I want to reeval that read.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Cu cu cachoo
Could you indicate which of Thunal's read(s) you found half-baked?
Their vote for SVS came out of nowhere for me:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
Their loRab push was also not strong.

Even though through a lens, I actually independently find I agree with their reads of both SVS and LoRab: where are SVS’ reads, and why is LoRab so freaked out about being townread?
This is something I actually think is towny for Scotty. Why would wolf Scotty weaken his push by saying he agreed with my reads? I feel like wolf Scotty would just go after me rather than giving credit to my reads especially if one was right. Even if they were both wrong I think he'd either push me harder or pocket me by finding common ground as mafia.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:32 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what are your top reasons for sussing Scotty?
It would be dishonest of me to call them my reasons, because I am kind of sheeping this one right now. But I think some others raised valid gripes or were otherwise convincing:

- Scotty calling Long Con's "unhinged" post towny was goofy.
- As S~V~S climbs the town ladder, I give her instinct more credence (that Scotty was off in resisting LC's suspicion of her)
- His read on LoRab didn't actually make sense (this thing) -- acknowledging a "difference in approach" with respect to her aversion to town reads and then basically ignoring that difference when suspecting her.
- Bereft has never openly town read Scotty, and I think he has a strong grip on the game right now.
- I decided my own town read was biased by my desire for players to be involved, and he was the first to take up that banner.

I might add one new gripe: his suspicion of you seemed kind of opportunistic. He even agreed with your reads
The LoRab thing is an interesting point. People like you, SVS, and LoRab herself were quick to tell me that it's normal to not want to be trusted for old school players, but Scotty knew this (I think) and still found it suspicious.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:50 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:44 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm This is something I actually think is towny for Scotty. Why would wolf Scotty weaken his push by saying he agreed with my reads? I feel like wolf Scotty would just go after me rather than giving credit to my reads especially if one was right. Even if they were both wrong I think he'd either push me harder or pocket me by finding common ground as mafia.
I read that the opposite way. It's not so much that he "waffled" on you or lost confidence about you, but rather he disproved his own read of you.

He called your reads of S~V~S and LoRab "half baked" based on frivolities (they "came out of nowhere" or were "not strong", whatever those really mean), and then he granted why they weren't half-baked... all while keeping his vote on you. In this instance, I don't care much about what "mafia Scotty" would or would not be likely to do from the standpoint of "how to handle Thunal", but rather I have to ask "was this ever a real read at all"?
It could be a real read, but your post made me think of something. When I find someone who has similar thoughts to me that I didn't say anything about yet, I'd tend towards townreading them rather than having gripes for how they came up with those reads. Normally I feel good about having the same opinions as someone else even if I thought the way they got there was sudden or weak.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:01 pm I'm having trouble sorting Cape. He turned around really fast and in response to pressure twice which made me think he was trying to get the pressure off him and find a push because he was getting voted. But I liked some of his earlier thoughts and they were similar to mine.

I have a tinfoil Scotty/Cape are w/w. Cape has way more reasons to sus Scotty and finds a lot of his posts wrong, but his other susses like SVS, Abi, and me are much thinner. I also don't quite get why he opened Scotty's early ISO in the first place instead of someone else's since his last Scotty read was a townread.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:03 pm @Thunal33, I had the same thought that Cape's quick flurry of anti-Scotty propaganda might be more about getting out of trouble than actually suspecting Scotty. However, he made some points I thought were legitimately compelling too.
I can see some of it - when I went back and reread Scotty his ISO seemed more one note than I remember and some of his reasons for suspecting people weren't very strong or actually scum AI.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:15 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

I'm probably most comfortable with my vote here for the night.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:01 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:41 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:38 pm Clearly there's a wolf in the Scotty, Bereft, Cape90, Jay realm, so which of these is it?
Scotty > Cape90 >>>>> Bereft
[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

Full on OMGUS mode. I know I said Jay shouldn’t be D1’d but circumstances change and I feel like I’d be remiss if I missed this again
I don't like that Scotty went straight to voting Jay here. It's hard to see suspecting Jay because he sheeped people as a real thought.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:53 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:12 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm I’ve turned around on Cape- even tho he doesn’t have a lot of posts, what posts he has made are actual reads. Obviously I would like him to expand on them, but he’s making definitive reads

Thunal on the surface looks fine with their reads, if not making reads that come off as half baked. And no one wants a half baked pie, except maybe the stray cat that hangs out on my patio after dark. He’ll eat anything.
Scumlean
this post is actually disgusting, but i have to read cape's posts in the interim, either way blahhhh, early shade on cape who is the easiest mischop on this side of the mississippi is just not a good look for a player of scotty's stature and understanding
This post seems opportunistic.

Of all the people having suspicions on me, yours feels hollow

[VOTE: robyn] aubergine
I don't think I agree with the Robyn sus, but it's a decent original point for Scotty to pick up. Especially because robyn only expressed sus on the shade on Cape when Scotty was already being widely suspected and not before.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:17 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:08 am
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:58 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:53 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:12 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm I’ve turned around on Cape- even tho he doesn’t have a lot of posts, what posts he has made are actual reads. Obviously I would like him to expand on them, but he’s making definitive reads

Thunal on the surface looks fine with their reads, if not making reads that come off as half baked. And no one wants a half baked pie, except maybe the stray cat that hangs out on my patio after dark. He’ll eat anything.
Scumlean
this post is actually disgusting, but i have to read cape's posts in the interim, either way blahhhh, early shade on cape who is the easiest mischop on this side of the mississippi is just not a good look for a player of scotty's stature and understanding
This post seems opportunistic.

Of all the people having suspicions on me, yours feels hollow

[VOTE: robyn] aubergine
of course, i only voted u because bereft did, i never suspected u until after reading ur iso

the only real reason was to see u under pressure, i'd never vote for a bad post and i know that i looked at your iso after i was already slightly conf bias

i was gonna unvote u a few posts ago because your read on cape and suspicion of jjj (before you tr him, but after too, mainly before) felt organic

anyway ur still town
Does not compute.

You are basically admitting you are sheeping bereft and are not coming to conclusions on your own.

@Bereft i don’t know your relationship with Robyn, but do you feel like you would be confident in determining if Robyn is pocketing you? Do you feel that this game, or no?
With both this and your sus on JJJ, why is sheeping scummy?

I don't think sheeping someone is scum indicative. My vote on you is partially sheep and I'm fine with that.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:19 pm
Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:21 am

did i miss something?
Yeah, I started getting sus on Scotty the page before and showed some of that.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:22 pm Tbh, I'm not all that confident about Scotty being wolf and I keep going back and forth on him. If we kill Scotty and we're wrong, we just lost a top posting town voice in a game that really needs them.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:25 pm I made an important point about Scotty in my blind interaction analysis. I’d love feedback on that in particular.
I've been burned pretty badly before by making the read of "they're not wolf because they're not teamed with anyone" so I take that with caution especially when there are inactive players. A lot of the unpairings you made I agree with, like Scotty/SVS or Scotty/LoRab not being teamed. Can you explain the Scotty/Bereft unpairing?

It does lower the odds of Scotty being scum somewhat but I don't take it as a strong point.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:25 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:00 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm I think your being cleared way to easily just for posting a lot and being loud
We can resolve JJJ later. I almost never feel like he’s a good D1 vote unless every other player is, like, Aristotle

Tho tbh playing with a bunch of philosophers sounds like a fucking nightmare so nm
Y'all can but I have a severe allergic reaction to just deciding not to solve people and let a possible wolf take control without question for any extensive period of town
On the flip side, if Jay IS town, we lose a significant voice. Did you SEE the flip charts and excel spreadsheets he just posted? That’s gold.

You might think I’m being sarcastic, and I’m actually not. If he’s bad, I think it will become clearer as the days go on.
I have some of the same feelings about you. We have so many inactives this game that if we kill a high posting player and we're wrong we're just doing mafia's work for them and leaving the people that don't care alive.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:51 pm [VOTE: Michelle] aubergine

I'd rather go here. I have enough doubt on Scotty and I feel worse about Michelle than other low posters rn.
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:51 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:34 pm Even though flutterby says they have a spirit interpretation on Candle (and, no offense, I grasp those interpretations with a sprinkle of pepper), I am slanted to trust them on Candle. I mean, I previously had Candle as a city interpretation, but it provides me comfort about Flutterby rolling out so self-assured about it now.

There was a ton of commotion in the preceding 30 moments. By my calculation, there was a 2-vote 5-method bind 15 min before Dusk. Whirlwind gushing in to randomly vote Seanzie and the spar with Wilgy are crimson banners. (Or crimson cards, lol)

You can’t reveal me wolves weren’t busy leading off of Rainbow. That gazed like a rescue to me, and it functioned.
I'm not going to try reading this.
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:04 pm I feel like the obvious reason for the LC kill would be if SVS was town and Scotty was a wolf. What if Scotty cursed himself?
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:52 pm Robyn
Cape
JJJ
Bereft

Michelle
DrWilgy

DarlingMonroe
SVS
Rondo
ts account

LoRab
Scotty
Abigail

There's a ton going on in this spoiler, which is already telling to me (it's by far the most interactive review I have done so far). This level of attention is often not compatible. However, to be more thorough, let's follow the progression from Thunal's side. She started with a town read on Scotty relatively early. She sustained it for a while and then noticed him getting some heat from a few town reads of hers (including me). She explored that, offered a few protests, considered some stronger points, and ended up kind of siding with the anti-Scotty camp. She didn't end up voting for him at EOD. Do we believe she started by supporting her active teammate and then pivoted to distancing when the heat came, or do we think she followed a natural trajectory? I dangerously lean to the latter, because her progression was pretty damned similar to mine. The only hesitation I have is that she could have done that on purpose for a "mindmeld", but in the moment at least it felt reasonably authentic to me. Couple that with the sheer volume of interactivity here, and I lean toward dissociation.

From Scotty

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:52 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:08 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:04 pm Sooooo if I’m reading it right, Rupert’s money is responsible for the killing? So can they choose not to kill?
Probably. My interpretation is that they have to purchase kills (implying they can decline to do so), and that while Rupert is alive he is the only one that can kill. Then once he goes, any of the others can kill.

Important for any investigative roles out there to think about (i.e., tracker/watcher).
I didn't think about him being the only person who can kill, but that makes sense. That makes it much more important for Rupert to avoid sus than the other mafia and he might act differently because of that pressure. Kind of reminds me of John Doe in se7en where that role was important so SVS had pressure to go deep with it.
This was my thought but I was kinda sorta hoping to identify that trait later on in the day without influencing gameplay. But that’s fine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:09 pm I didn't think about him being the only person who can kill, but that makes sense. That makes it much more important for Rupert to avoid sus than the other mafia and he might act differently because of that pressure. Kind of reminds me of John Doe in se7en where that role was important so SVS had pressure to go deep with it.
Perhaps so. I'm not entirely sure the role is that important since they retain their kill without it. It's just the early killer (if that interpretation is accurate). I just noted that town doesn't seem to have any night actions that would interact directly with a killing mafia member other than an even night role blocker (no tracker or watcher). We have protections, but they don't mean anything with respect to who is killing. It might not matter than much, and it appears that it means close to nothing on Night 1. I could be overlooking something.
From my understanding, the Rupert role is the designated power of attorney, and if he dies, mafia lose the ability to cop and elim save.

Sounds pretty important to me

Scumlean
Cu cu cachoo
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:01 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm I feel like SVS would know if Scotty had secret tells on him or not and so lying about this wouldn't make much sense from Scotty.

This sort of meta read about Scotty suspecting SVS every game can go w/t either way or t/t. The only thing I think it's unlikely to be is w/w. If Scotty suspects SVS every game and both of them know it, mafia Scotty might go out of his way to suspect SVS again or he could change it to pocket SVS. SVS's post felt dramatic, with not much substance other than that it's freaking her out and I'd expect that post to go with a read or investigation on Scotty.
Thanks for the random defend :beer:

You do know I’m voting you atm right?
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:03 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:00 pm @Thunal33 “investigate”? I’m watching him and reading his posts. How else am I supposed to investigate? Give him a DNA test?
I am NOT the father
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:45 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:44 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm This is something I actually think is towny for Scotty. Why would wolf Scotty weaken his push by saying he agreed with my reads? I feel like wolf Scotty would just go after me rather than giving credit to my reads especially if one was right. Even if they were both wrong I think he'd either push me harder or pocket me by finding common ground as mafia.
I read that the opposite way. It's not so much that he "waffled" on you or lost confidence about you, but rather he disproved his own read of you.

He called your reads of S~V~S and LoRab "half baked" based on frivolities (they "came out of nowhere" or were "not strong", whatever those really mean), and then he granted why they weren't half-baked... all while keeping his vote on you. In this instance, I don't care much about what "mafia Scotty" would or would not be likely to do from the standpoint of "how to handle Thunal", but rather I have to ask "was this ever a real read at all"?
Yep.

I think you’re looking ahead as if I only vote once in a game and dip. I found Thunal’s reads up to that point half baked, but they weren’t. I’m not even sure I suspect thunal anymore.
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:55 am

I see more of a progression on how you got to me, though now I’m still unsure if this is organic because you believe it or because you were trying to find a way to ease yourself into a safe vote

Leaning former…maybe
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:35 am Town read:
Cape
Long con
Thunal (uno reversal. I dunno. Really liked the involvement I’ve seen in my read back today. Seems solvy)

Town lean:
JJJ (should not be voted today, only a doofus would do it)
Princess Abigail (I also don’t feel like mafia PA comes after the juggernaut JJJ immediately, tho I must profess I don’t know what mafia PA looks like. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it)
bereft (ending response about Robyn)

Scumlean:
LoRab. (Only minorly Scumlean because I haven’t seen too much town equity atm)

Scumread:
Robyn

Others need to post more

I can’t make a good read on SVS at the moment- my paranoia is coming back inadvertently because she keeps wondering why I’m not paranoid. WELL THE PARANOIA IS IN TOWN AND FOUND AN AIR BNB

We’re still missing like 3 people that haven’t posted, which is…….bad. As I have said early on with JJJ, we need town to POST in a no-info dumping game.
@RondoDimBuckle @Seanzie @ts account
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:48 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:08 pm
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:21 am wait fuck scotty might be town but i can’t explain this
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:22 am the reason is straight awful but it might be right
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:28 am actually ignore me
Here's a big reason why I don't agree with the robyn sus btw. They're playing unfiltered imo, and have sequences like this that are a lot easier to actually think of than to fake all the steps as a wolf.
Eh. If we’re looking at filtered v unfiltered as an indicator of alignment, then sure. But I don’t think it’s that difficult to have a throughline as wolf

But of the posts you just quoted, Robyn, in summary, posted:
-vague town read for vague reasons
-secret reason
-nm, take it back because [reasons]

That series of posts literally said nothing. I still don’t know who Robyn suspects or why
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:58 pm Ok I gotta go and have an appointment before eod

Current working theory is DM and LC are mafia.
Can throw SVS in there too, though DM’s push on SVS would be almost clearing of SVS if DM flips bad. 4th can be…LoRab. I could be wrong on the latter, with 3 missingno’s. TBD

If I still go over, it’s been real. Cape needs to get off his high horse but I still feel like he is in a genuine tunnel and not just pushing me for shits. Please be easy on him.
Thunal has been quite waffly on me all game, which makes me want to just townread them. It would be easier to just jump on my wagon, but I feel like they’re really considering if my actions/reads have been forced or whatever. Making a town.
Princess Abigail I have already talked about- town.

JJJ can be resolved in a couple days. Again, if he doesn’t have a pelt by D3, and he’s still alive, get rid of him. Please.

Others:
Bereft and Robyn are either both town or one is fooling the other. I could be convinced that one is pocketing the other. I do not townread bereft yet. I’m a little biased but I feel like he’s been blunt to a point regarding me.

Wilgy has made some questionable impressions in the thread- I feel like he’s picking the wagons, making one minor point about them, and then making broad reads based on it. It doesn’t feel like actual solving yet. Prime candidate for info tonite tho.

Michelle’s entrance into the game is…fine. I guess. Not much presence. prob town.

This is almost the perfect inverse of the previous spoiler. Scotty started harshly with an early vote, and by the end Thunal was in his top town tier. If we assume Scotty is mafia, this looks like someone trying out a mischop and determining that his best interests would be best served canceling that and town reading her instead. I doubt these two coordinated this perfect yin-yang progression on one another.

~~~

I'd call them unlikely teammates.
Wow quoting exists
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

The lack of NK is concerning ....

Like its technically possible that the shot went off and went nowhere but I have reasons to doubt this.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:00 pm The lack of NK is concerning ....

Like its technically possible that the shot went off and went nowhere but I have reasons to doubt this.
I mean actually I dont really.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Oh I understand now.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Its literally not my understanding of how thats supposed to work though unfortunately.

This game is hellish. The alternative to contradicting my understanding is an even more cursed world.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

There is only one world where there was 0 shot.

They had 1.5 N1 3 N2 and 4.5 N3

2 kills, so - 2 million = 2.5, so they either got the miselim protection or they lost their money since not killing and getting a miselim protection is basically the same. They didnt kill twice N2 and cape is not a baddy so it is likely that they lost all their money last night.

N1 .5 Extra N2 1 Mill extra, N3 2.5 > lynch protection and 5k left
N1 .5 Extra N2 1 mill extra N3 Lost all the money
N1 1.5 extra and vig N2 2 Mill extra and bought anti lynch protection. N3 lost money
N1 .5 Extra N2 lost money and vig N3 1.5 extra no kill for wifom?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

If someone vigged night 2 and killed JJJ I would be so fucking mad
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I am not sure I am a fan of scotty going quiet under this much pressure
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

If Robyn/bereft are town, down to look into Cape/thunal tbh
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:43 pm might be scotty/thunal
its u and thunal
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Ok I am about to get hella Aussie drunk so im audie500 bereft tag in
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:52 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:24 pm wait, so no night kill?

also at least one wolf in: Bereft, Cape, Robyn or Thunal.

They are the only ones who voted to lynch town twice: seanzie and ts account,
It is unfortunate that I quite literally don't see any way that I can reasonably suspect Robyn.

I apologize for my lack of a case at this current moment.

By extension, I also cannot reasonably suspect Cape.

I can reasonably suspect Thunal, but I'd still be hesitant to, given everything.

I believe that today we should try to figure out just what has been going on this game. I think it is pro-ev for town to do so, and will decrease general confusion.
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:54 pm I will vote Scotty in the meantime for no reason other than that I think the Scotty probably tmi'ed ts town but was otherwise the biggest wolf agenda pusher besides robyn, who I unfortunately have no reason to suspect like I have already stated. My opinion on Scotty may change given what I read.
I know I cannot reasonably suspect you but man what does "given everything" mean in terms of your read on Thunal?

How did Scotty TMI TS town? You haven't said ANYTHING about this out loud yesterday
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:58 pm I quite frankly have no clue of DM's alignment at this stage of the game. Sorry but that's what happens the inactive guy that everyone just assumes has to be a part of the team, flips.

I similarly have no clue of what LoRab's alignment. That their slot continues to exist with any reasonable conclusions on the slot is worrying.

If you believe that it was obvious that Mich/LoRab was v/w, then you should probably state your reasoning as such.
What does DM's alignment have to do with TS' flip?

How is LoRab existing worrying to you? OFC they wont die unless we vote them out since they haven't been here since day 1. Saying that aspect is "worrying" is making me WORRY about YOU.

Check Michelle's logs, like Michelle was either in complete antispew on that slot or they are w/w. If LoRab is town, I have already brought this up day 3 ago
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:53 pm
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:52 pm Colin Hughes - Spends most of the series hiding who he really is from his teammates. Hides behind another player once a night.
What about this role?
[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Lemme tell you a thing that I think you know and you are trying to be nonchalant about
Okay so check the rolelist. Ted Lasso is a protective role this game, the only... town one (there is the trio mafia person who has a protect). JJJ was Ted Lasso

So looking back at how the day started off. You notice there was NO kill? What could have possibly happened?
Bada Bing Bada Boom the only way for mafia didn't kill anyone if if they targeted the role YOU are questioning here.

I mean if you were town, you would obviously be at least curious about this nobody dying thing and probably look into it for yourself. I did that, I was like "oh" and I carried on with my day.

That is why I heavily question the reaction you gave here. Mafia KNOW EXACTLY who this mysterious Colin guy is I would assume with absolute confidence because that's the person they tried killing last night.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:05 pm the scotty votes are so icky
too bad ur wolf team is falling apart isn't it

nobody is listening to you trying to paint the blame on townies

this is my confbias anime arc
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

8-3

if I take robyn/you/rondo as town'

I am left looking at

4 town and 3 mafia

i kind of think DrWilgy and SVS are town

2 town 3 mafia

I have a feeling that is contained within the following names

Princess Abigail
DarlingMonroe
LoRab
Scotty
Thunal

Given the SVS voters I feel kind of okay with this
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

I will say this SVS/DrWilgy/Thunal33 is 2-3 town based on my gut feeling
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

if only it was 2 mafia because if it was, I could just ask to ignore LoRab and save that for last, we would probably know AFK mafia, but IDK with 3
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Reading back on Wilgy he feels pure to me
Cape90
Money Launderer

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 3

Post by Cape90 »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:27 pm
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:08 pm @S~V~S vote ts account ty
Well, I absolutely don't want to yeet Abbi. So it works for me.

I 've only skimmed his ISO, but I'll trust you here and I'll read him now.

[VOTE: t's] aubergine
SVS saying this but never giving a definitive read on TS is not a good look
Cape90
Money Launderer

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 3

Post by Cape90 »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:55 am Guys I'm really sorry, for some reason I am very demoralized right now. Maybe being suspected after literally making one or two posts (for an actual not real reason) then every time I try to explain where I'm coming from, well I can't do it without mentioning Scotty, and he's like fucking Beetlejuice lol.

I had mostly town reads this whole game. Right now I am one zillion percent not caught up.

Town

Robyn, Cape, Rondo. I feel Befert for reasons, some things they've said . Maybe cause Robyn vouches, and I guess they know each other that well? I also feel Abi is town, but that could be a warm fuzzy cause she t/r'ed me early. I find it super unlikely I'll vote for these people. Or even impossible.

Not Sure, no reason to town read these people, but no reason to wolf read them either.

Thunal, Wilgy, they both seem in their possible town meta as I've observed it, Wilgy tries a bit more to act innocuous when he's bad, and Thunal is a bit more level when she's bad, imo. But they've both fooled me, and rather spectacularly might I add lol

Iffy imo (if it's possible Conf Bias, I'll note it):

Darling (possible conf bias), I'm not sure why Jay was so sure of towniness here, maybe cause Darling bolstered his hypotheses? At one point I thought DM and Jay could be the BTS roles, but apparently not. Scotty, I just can't shake it tbh. And the uber aggro way he comes at me every time I say "beetlejuice", um, Scotty, yeah, that's it.

I have no clue:

T's (it appears they've shown up, but I haven't read their posts yet) and LoRab. I doubt LoRab is gonna show, and that makes me sad, maybe more sad than people trying to wagon her on Hanukkah. But that's also based on personal info that I'm fairly sure no one else in game had. LC prolly knew but he was dead. On the night y'all were trying to lynch her, she was having her head shaved as part of a fund raiser for a childrens cancer charity. So I was in here watching pitchforks get shaken at her, and then on social watching her do good in the real world. So I kinda got salty and over reacted I guess.

And someone in my @'s said something about how my Michelle vote was too little too late or something to that effect.

I baldly stated I wanted to save LoRab regardless of affiliation, I wasn't exactly having a ball in here, lol, and wanted to make sure that LoRab wagon hadn't formed before I voted. I voted left the thread and apparently missed the LoRab wagon that subsequently formed.

I'll be back after work to hopefully read some more (like T's posts) and vote.
I will say I don't think S~V~S/LoRab are w/w because of this particular comment

Other then that, this list is very... whatever and generic
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:59 pm I would very much love to hear reads on Bereft and robyn from @S~V~S, @DrWilgy, @LoRab, @Michelle, and anyone else that hasn’t recently stated them. That’ll be nice for me to assess the general game state. Thanks.
I think Robyn is town. They are not doing their usual town leader thing, trying to force the thread into submission thing they usually do, but I would guess it's hard to compete with you (no shade meant here, just the facts). They also said they were switching it up in the beginning of the game. Also somethings they said early into Day 2 led me to think they were town.

Bereft, I would like to think is town :grin: although I have seen him other places, it was mainly in Severance where he affected a unique posting style, so I have no real baseline for his game. His tone seems to have changed from earlier; he started out mildly curmudgeony, now it's a bit more pronounced~ his avatar befits his tone. I would say solely based on tone and content, he's a null for me, BUT, not unlike Robyn, he made a few posts earlier that led me to possibly lean town.

To your other "SVS hasn't updated reads" I've been in abd out of here much of the day cold reading, but I was exhausted from yesterday and had to take a nap. Ill be here till pretty much EOD, and will try to comply.
DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:50 pm If I had to say my four biggest pings right now are:

SVS
Michelle
Bereft
LoRob/PrincessA.
So you've said earlier, can you explain why? Thanks!
I was townreading the Bereft section here though from day 2
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

I am really feeling its Cape/Thunal/ ? svs ? lorab? someone else ?
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

@RondoDimBuckle @robyn @Bereft what's the case for Scotty over Thunal/Cape?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:30 am @RondoDimBuckle @robyn @Bereft what's the case for Scotty over Thunal/Cape?
girly
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:52 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:24 pm wait, so no night kill?

also at least one wolf in: Bereft, Cape, Robyn or Thunal.

They are the only ones who voted to lynch town twice: seanzie and ts account,
It is unfortunate that I quite literally don't see any way that I can reasonably suspect Robyn.

I apologize for my lack of a case at this current moment.

By extension, I also cannot reasonably suspect Cape.

I can reasonably suspect Thunal, but I'd still be hesitant to, given everything.

I believe that today we should try to figure out just what has been going on this game. I think it is pro-ev for town to do so, and will decrease general confusion.
Huh... maybe bereft is town.

Well that changes my intent for today
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.

Return to “Previous Heists”