Battle of the Bands Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who stays in the competition?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:00 pm

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
20%
The Evens - Timothy Wright
10%
Even Rats Go Boom - Can't Stand Tim Either (The Host, the Non, the Dead, the Performers)
70%

Total votes: 10
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 2]

Post by pyxxy »

@nutella nothing from you either? Just a pop-in?

maybe Long Con is right about you...
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 155

Post by falcon45ca »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:24 pm @nutella nothing from you either? Just a pop-in?

I popped in and dropped a vote on Wilgy w/ no explanation, and I've been absent most of this RD

Why doesn't that bother you?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

nothing is happening
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:08 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:32 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:31 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:02 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:01 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:35 pm
What, when did that happen??
robyn and nutella
I don't think I played Robyn and Nutella Mafia.
this game
:evileye: sigh

"I wolfed with him and he had awkward TMI problems"

... is what I'm asking about.
yeah I mean you TMI'd me wolf in that game 😛
"yeah I mean you TMI'd me wolf in that game 😛"

"that game"

"that game"

I wish you would read my posts

you're wrong about Robyn and Nutella in this game

you TMI'd me as your scum partner in Beans

I am literally replying to your questions, your posts, and you're basically getting confused by your OWN inability to clearly communicate
OHHHH, ok, now we are finally getting somewhere. Beans Mafia! Thanks for finally answering.

It must be my inability to communicate psychically that's the issue. :rolleyes:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also it's a damn weird thing to be hung up on in a game where you survived ten days longer than I did, and we both ended up winning the game... but somehow it's my fault you got voted out.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:35 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:24 pm @nutella nothing from you either? Just a pop-in?

I popped in and dropped a vote on Wilgy w/ no explanation, and I've been absent most of this RD

Yeah, what's up with the pop-in vote on Wilgy, falcon?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:59 pm Don't try to lawyer your way out of it now.
I see.

Alright well if you don't desire for me to actually solve you, I'll move on.
I am dissapoint that the following wasn't part of this exchange:

Dammit, LC. Wilgy is a doctor, not a lawyer.
Also this was funny. Top drawer, Ms Rab!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wilgy's posts on Abi and LoRab don't make sense to me.

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:24 pm LoRab
LoRab wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:53 pm Good thoughts, LoRab! Welcome to the game.

What kind of strategy were you thinking? Someone suggested putting up one (town) player to try and boost their power, and one (wolf) player to eliminate... but that plan has an obvious downside, were we to pick the wrong song. Who suggested that? Suspicious.
I'm not sure. But I think it should be discussed. I don't remember who suggested that plan...but I'm not sure putting it out there to be discussed is a bad thing. I think we should all have a conversation about how to decide who to put up. I'm trying to think through a strategy that the baddies couldn't manipulate to their advantage.

I also don't remember who said that they'd probably be weird (not their word but I can't remember the word they used) and try to figure out who chose each video. I don't think that's weird at all. I mean, really--it's kind of how the game is set up. That's why we can't hint at our songs...and I can't see a strategy that doesn't involve figuring out whose music is whose once the battle begins.

Also adding, I would have likely voted for Robyn on Day 1--her reaction to being suspected, especially towards LA, was harsh--in a cornered animal kind of way. Also, she didn't seem happy in the game--in the way that many in this wave of players seem to not like being mafia (also, what's up with that?) My not being that way was one of the ways she suspected me in Ted Lasso. And her refusal to answer any suspicion really sat wrong with me. No idea where her allegiance is (or was), but my gut says not civvie.
Only real substantial post, but the timing of it is good in the fact that if Robyn flips town we can basically put LoRab down as townfirmed. Robyn is dead, we know Robyn is dead, we don't know alignment, but for LoRab to come in after the fact and be like "Robyn is Wolfy" where they could be wrong when it doesn't matter, is not something a wolf would make possible. It's not a necessary risk.

Now if Robyn is wolf, we'd need more from LoRab to see if this isn't just some sort of easy credit yoink.

(Also it was me, I brought up the discussion on who we should send to the battle to see what people advised, I'll pretty much remain going in my wolf reads though regardless)
It's not "risky" for a Wolf to say, after it's a done deal, that they would have voted for Robyn, and that she thought Robyn's play was wolfy. For you to "townfirm" LoRab over something that would basically be an easy throwaway post of "look I have no TMI" doesn't sit well at all.
Further, there's no credit to be had if LoRab was right, and Robyn had been a Wolf. LoRab didn't help find the Wolf, and trying to get credit being right while not voting for her is the thing that's more "risky", because that would expose some level of TMI.

That your presented logic is so backward makes me think that LoRab might actually be town, and you are less than subtly trying to pocket her.

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:11 pm Let's do some reads before EoN. This will be post ISO skims.

Abi - Feels pretty normal, where the wolf range and town range are blurred as Abi's ability to town read players comes across easily as tmi. I'd say the lean towards town Abi seems to lay in some of the questions/discussions they are making as there's more semblance of processing their tr's rather than utilizing them.

I will advise that there seems to be hesitation on the town reads that seems to be somewhat similar to the threads momentum and that's worth note:
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:37 pm Robyn is now doing the thing I thought wolf robyn would do like wut
Two players had voted Robyn prior to this one
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:10 am I maybe town cored Nutella to fast and I need to stop doing that but I'm not changing it now
This one is exception, there's not a momentum shift when this post happens.
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:45 am Also I agree with sheep that Wilgy feels weird
and this one follows multiple voices declaring the same.

From a town perspective, there's nothing wrong with reassessment on reads, and the "yeah I agree" does happen.

From a wolf perspective, Abi is responding to momentum to keep their PoE open.

I think the only way to tell with this one is through assoc and effort. Abi should be able to find a pelt assuming they are town. The TRs being tmi will inevitably show if Abi is wolf as long as we keep an eye open to it.

Abi holds a dichotomy with SPF and Porscha against Sheep.

Worth noting that Abi has not mentioned Pyx outside of hellos yet voted for the slot.
Why did you say we'd be able to tell that Abi is Wolf by judging her townreads. How would they "inevitably" show as TMI? Are you saying she never townreads a Wolf partner? If so, then surely you have noted who she didn't townread, if it's an inevitablity? How does this statement hold any credibility if you give it away this early in the game?? You're... not worried at all that she clearly has the ability to read, and could EXTREMELY EASILY confound this so-called inevitability?

Several statements about her here, but the only thing close to an attempt to read her is the sketchy and dubious statement that I criticized above.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

man I'm trying to see a world where you really believe what you're saying but this just looks soooooo forced
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Actually, the read was in the next post, and I knew it... I just forgot by the time I was done writing about the sketchy post.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:12 pm Abi conclusion - town lean. Let them cook and let's see where they get to.
Still don't like it. He questions her drive-by vote on pyxxy, something people normally find to be suspicious, but ignores it to reach the townlean. I don't think Wilgy's reads here are genuine, because the logic he presents to reach them doesn't hold up.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:27 pm man I'm trying to see a world where you really believe what you're saying but this just looks soooooo forced
Ok, never mind.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

and yeah it does look like we'll be up against each other today so I do have to hope you're a hit but nothing you're doing is really causing any doubt
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:29 pm Actually, the read was in the next post, and I knew it... I just forgot by the time I was done writing about the sketchy post.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:12 pm Abi conclusion - town lean. Let them cook and let's see where they get to.
Still don't like it. He questions her drive-by vote on pyxxy, something people normally find to be suspicious, but ignores it to reach the townlean. I don't think Wilgy's reads here are genuine, because the logic he presents to reach them doesn't hold up.
something something plinko boards and waterfalls
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 222

Post by DrWilgy »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:30 pm @DrWilgy that's it?
Yee
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:36 pm [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
Hi Falc, how's your weekend going?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

LoRab wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:14 pm Allow me to add to my PoE conclusions, that Nutella/LC are the closest thing I've seen/felt to a dif check this game.

They aren't aligned and it's hard to think that there isn't a wolf in one of the players that kicked up the wagon on Robyn.
I'm not entirely convinced that they both could be bad. That said, I'm not seeing bad Nutella, personally, but I realize others are and I guess the reasons--especially as they are from people who have played with her more recently. However, one flipping bad doesn't mean that the other one isn't also bad.

Did that make any sense outside of my brain?
Not really.

Nutella's and LC's actions towards each other and towards players seem like they can't be on the same team.

For example, their vote on Robyn. If they were on the same team, it means W Nut saw W LC vote Robyn and then decided "sure let's put all our eggs in one basket" and voted the same townie as their teammate. Wolves rarely do that in general and that's just one example of how they aren't aligned.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:24 pm Wilgy's posts on Abi and LoRab don't make sense to me.

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:53 pm Good thoughts, LoRab! Welcome to the game.

What kind of strategy were you thinking? Someone suggested putting up one (town) player to try and boost their power, and one (wolf) player to eliminate... but that plan has an obvious downside, were we to pick the wrong song. Who suggested that? Suspicious.
I'm not sure. But I think it should be discussed. I don't remember who suggested that plan...but I'm not sure putting it out there to be discussed is a bad thing. I think we should all have a conversation about how to decide who to put up. I'm trying to think through a strategy that the baddies couldn't manipulate to their advantage.

I also don't remember who said that they'd probably be weird (not their word but I can't remember the word they used) and try to figure out who chose each video. I don't think that's weird at all. I mean, really--it's kind of how the game is set up. That's why we can't hint at our songs...and I can't see a strategy that doesn't involve figuring out whose music is whose once the battle begins.

Also adding, I would have likely voted for Robyn on Day 1--her reaction to being suspected, especially towards LA, was harsh--in a cornered animal kind of way. Also, she didn't seem happy in the game--in the way that many in this wave of players seem to not like being mafia (also, what's up with that?) My not being that way was one of the ways she suspected me in Ted Lasso. And her refusal to answer any suspicion really sat wrong with me. No idea where her allegiance is (or was), but my gut says not civvie.
Only real substantial post, but the timing of it is good in the fact that if Robyn flips town we can basically put LoRab down as townfirmed. Robyn is dead, we know Robyn is dead, we don't know alignment, but for LoRab to come in after the fact and be like "Robyn is Wolfy" where they could be wrong when it doesn't matter, is not something a wolf would make possible. It's not a necessary risk.

Now if Robyn is wolf, we'd need more from LoRab to see if this isn't just some sort of easy credit yoink.

(Also it was me, I brought up the discussion on who we should send to the battle to see what people advised, I'll pretty much remain going in my wolf reads though regardless)
It's not "risky" for a Wolf to say, after it's a done deal, that they would have voted for Robyn, and that she thought Robyn's play was wolfy. For you to "townfirm" LoRab over something that would basically be an easy throwaway post of "look I have no TMI" doesn't sit well at all.
Further, there's no credit to be had if LoRab was right, and Robyn had been a Wolf. LoRab didn't help find the Wolf, and trying to get credit being right while not voting for her is the thing that's more "risky", because that would expose some level of TMI.

That your presented logic is so backward makes me think that LoRab might actually be town, and you are less than subtly trying to pocket her.

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:11 pm Let's do some reads before EoN. This will be post ISO skims.

Abi - Feels pretty normal, where the wolf range and town range are blurred as Abi's ability to town read players comes across easily as tmi. I'd say the lean towards town Abi seems to lay in some of the questions/discussions they are making as there's more semblance of processing their tr's rather than utilizing them.

I will advise that there seems to be hesitation on the town reads that seems to be somewhat similar to the threads momentum and that's worth note:
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:37 pm Robyn is now doing the thing I thought wolf robyn would do like wut
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:10 am I maybe town cored Nutella to fast and I need to stop doing that but I'm not changing it now
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:45 am Also I agree with sheep that Wilgy feels weird

From a town perspective, there's nothing wrong with reassessment on reads, and the "yeah I agree" does happen.

I think the only way to tell with this one is through assoc and effort. Abi should be able to find a pelt assuming they are town. The TRs being tmi will inevitably show if Abi is wolf as long as we keep an eye open to it.

Worth noting that Abi has not mentioned Pyx outside of hellos yet voted for the slot.
Why did you say we'd be able to tell that Abi is Wolf by judging her townreads. How would they "inevitably" show as TMI? Are you saying she never townreads a Wolf partner? If so, then surely you have noted who she didn't townread, if it's an inevitablity? How does this statement hold any credibility if you give it away this early in the game?? You're... not worried at all that she clearly has the ability to read, and could EXTREMELY EASILY confound this so-called inevitability?

Several statements about her here, but the only thing close to an attempt to read her is the sketchy and dubious statement that I criticized above.
Gonna make me open a laptop to split this one up eh?
Image Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

1) it's your meta

2) it's your meta

3) it's your meta

4) and also it was at least a contribution
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:27 pm man I'm trying to see a world where you really believe what you're saying but this just looks soooooo forced
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:30 pm and yeah it does look like we'll be up against each other today so I do have to hope you're a hit but nothing you're doing is really causing any doubt
if you're town, then just trust me when I say that Long Con is town and vote SPF

I am giving you both an out from being the two wagons today

I am serving this up on a platter but suddenly neither of you are hungry
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:03 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:30 pm @DrWilgy that's it?
Yee
kk
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:24 pm Wilgy's posts on Abi and LoRab don't make sense to me.

Aye, so it is in fact risky for a wolf to say. Wolves, who are too wrong too often, inevitably run the course of 'why are they wrong so much? Oh, its because they are a wolf' by enabling being wrong, for seemingly no reward, all it does is add content to the thread that help us explore LoRab's headspace. I don't think a W actively needs to do that, so why would W LoRab do this?

There definitely is a sense of 'credit' when a flip hasn't happened yet. It goes back to the 'correct vs incorrect' at the very least, LoRab would've obtained the argument 'BUT I WAS CORRECT ABOUT W ROBYN' vote placed or not.

Pretty sure SPF saw the same thing and said specifically, if LoRab was a wolf, that the post is clever, and I agree with that completely. If LoRab is a wolf and made that post, it very effectively broke down a sense of TMI in town observers and also put them on the incorrect side of the flip, trading that cushion for a firm appearance as town. I really don't think wolves inherently do that, if W LoRab did it was in fact very lv3 wolf play, and thus it's just more likely a town play.

Abi as a player makes very good town reads regardless of alignment. They either utilize TMI OR they are just good at town reading the correct players. When Abi is correct too often or incorrect too often, can you find the reason as to why they were incorrect? That's how you find Abi's alignment. If Abi gives an unearned tr that is incorrect, you probably found their partner. When Abi doesn't give a tr that should be more obvious, that's where you've found their push. It's very much a meta call on this behavior, but it's observable and I've seen it several times now. Abi is hard to read d1 and easier to read late game because of this and thus the read on Abi becomes 'inevitable.'
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:29 pm Actually, the read was in the next post, and I knew it... I just forgot by the time I was done writing about the sketchy post.
Wowee, Abi, who I gave reasons to town read voted the same person I was voting and I wasn't inherently suspicious of it? WHAT A TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Like, I voted Pyx, argued Pyx was PoE, argued Robyn shouldn't, and Abi voted for the player I found wolfy amongst the lead wagons and I should question it in great detail after already town reading the slot?

That's just silly.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wagons are still fine. Gonna go feed a child or two.
Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:56 pm
LoRab wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:59 pm Don't try to lawyer your way out of it now.
I see.

Alright well if you don't desire for me to actually solve you, I'll move on.
I am dissapoint that the following wasn't part of this exchange:

Dammit, LC. Wilgy is a doctor, not a lawyer.
Also this was funny. Top drawer, Ms Rab!
*bows*. :lorab:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:05 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:02 pm what is going on here lol
it's a repeat of Timelines Mafia

town is once again slacking

I have once again solved the game

Long Con is once again ignoring my solve
He's not ignoring it. He's bad.
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:30 pm and yeah it does look like we'll be up against each other today so I do have to hope you're a hit but nothing you're doing is really causing any doubt
He's so clearly bad. He's spreading chaos. Like he does when he's evil. FEBbers gonna FEB.

He isn't even trying to pretend to seem civ at this point.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:57 pm
LoRab wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:53 pmteammate(s)?
Eeesh, this just shines out as a "I better not let on that I know how many Wolves there are in the game!" :nicenod:
no it doesnt xd
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:14 pm Allow me to add to my PoE conclusions, that Nutella/LC are the closest thing I've seen/felt to a dif check this game.

They aren't aligned and it's hard to think that there isn't a wolf in one of the players that kicked up the wagon on Robyn.
can I ask you why you think they aren't aligned?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:02 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:20 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:50 pm still think wilgy is okay though sometimes he tryhards more as mafia. very back pocket break glass in emergency tier though
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:49 pm sheep's posts are ~weird but in a way that seems more like he's on his own?
like these reads simply do not feel real to me, gives off the vibe of a wolf phoning in content more than a villager who is actively playing from an uninformed perspective

i acknowledge that i am p tunneled however
gm i see that you are pushing me for pretty unfounded reasoning

I don't thiiink both LC and you are wolfing me here so if you're town and misreading me try again, my content is pretty obviously how I always toss out reads as town it's just such a low content thread with less to play off of. Real time interaction should help you find me
yeah i understand that there hasn't been much content in this game and maybe that would make it harder for you to be obvious town, but your read on long con doesn't make any sense to me
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 am [VOTE: robyn] aubergine for that interaction with porscha lol

lc wolf if theyre not though maybe
you voted robyn and didn't seem to doubt yourself on that vote at all even though they were towntelling and one of the most active solvers in the thread

and then you randomly threw long con and robyn in a dichtomy together - saying that long con might be mafia if robyn wasn't

and your reasoning for thinking that robyn/long con needed to contain one mafia is because long con's vote on robyn "could be predatory"
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 am [VOTE: robyn] aubergine for that interaction with porscha lol

but you literally voted robyn at the exact same time that long con did and seemingly based on the exact same interaction. so, how does it make sense to say that his vote was "predatory" when it was a vote that you actively agreed with and followed at the time?

your worldview tracks as so incoherent to me that i really struggle to see a world where you can be town lol it seems like you are just phoning your reads in because you know you can get away with it

im open to realtiming with you in case im wrong, altho i proly wont be able to do that today
staypositivefriend
Hitman

pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:47 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:34 am can you tell me why u think nutella and long con are town?
yes and ty for letting me sleep I got a wonderful 9 hours

Nutella is acting strange and so I might be overthinking it. I'm even willing to call you two a personal difference check for how I'm reading the game. I think of Nutella as more active, more "towny" although that's not super helpful, and often getting N1'd for being obv town from the wolves' perspective. I don't see that here.

However, the general willingness from the thread to scumread Nutella feels less like town being correct and more conf bias + wolves being fine with chopping town Nutella. Enough that I'm think I'm willing to try to yank the wagons off Nutella and.....

Long Con! LC is just scumreading townies again. Doesn't feel like when I wolfed with him and he had awkward TMI problems.

This + the entire thread being happy with these two wagons tells me they are both town wagons.
yeah if you're town then you are overthinking it because your description of the threadstate doesn't align with reality

you say that there's a "general willingness from the thread:" to scumread nutella, but is that actually true? the only person who was pushing for nutella to be eliminated prior to me coming into this game was long con, and everyone else has been content to focus primarily on other targets

the narrative that the wolves are sitting back and vibing as everyone piles on to nutella doesn't align with how the day has played out so far - seems obvious to me that the designated elimination for today is long con

which fits with the world i currently live in, which is a world where long con is town and nutella is mafia who has been trying to stack a robyn and long con ML back to back
staypositivefriend
Hitman

and also yes nutella is one of the most obvious villagers that ive ever seen and if she is coming off as strangely or unnaturally to you then it's because she's just mafia lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

now unfortunately im not going to be here pretty much at all between now and the EOD which means that long con is proly getting eliminated since i doubt anyone else is gonna take the imitative to try to get nutella killed even tho fmpov she seems to be bleeding scum

so gl gl
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:22 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:14 pmit's hard to think that there isn't a wolf in one of the players that kicked up the wagon on Robyn.
Bullshit
staypositivefriend
Hitman

to be clear im not ~that confident about nutella/LC being unaligned but the way nutella has kinda anchored herself into the game by constantly pushing on LC and calling him wolfy kinda reads to me as a wolf who is trying to get him miseliminated more than partners doing a distancing play
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:17 pm which fits with the world i currently live in, which is a world where long con is town and nutella is mafia who has been trying to stack a robyn and long con ML back to back
Can you say more about why you think that LC is town? Because that seems highly unlikely to me.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:21 pm

1) it's your meta

2) it's your meta

3) it's your meta

4) and also it was at least a contribution

See, that's the thing tho...big absences during a RD, especially after being previosly active, is my meta yes.

But it's not my town meta
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

LoRab wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:17 pm which fits with the world i currently live in, which is a world where long con is town and nutella is mafia who has been trying to stack a robyn and long con ML back to back
Can you say more about why you think that LC is town? Because that seems highly unlikely to me.
it's less about anything that LC has individually posted and more that i think nutella is a wolf and the way she's gone about treating the LC slot doesn't look like W/W interaction

in a world where im being silly and nutella is town then i do think that LC is mafia ~most of the time
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:04 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:36 pm [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
Hi Falc, how's your weekend going?

It's just gettin' started, and I'm off to an old Philosophy Prof's birthday extravaganza...tho I'm told the extravaganza bit may be hyperbole
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:13 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:02 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:20 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:50 pm still think wilgy is okay though sometimes he tryhards more as mafia. very back pocket break glass in emergency tier though
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:49 pm sheep's posts are ~weird but in a way that seems more like he's on his own?
like these reads simply do not feel real to me, gives off the vibe of a wolf phoning in content more than a villager who is actively playing from an uninformed perspective

i acknowledge that i am p tunneled however
gm i see that you are pushing me for pretty unfounded reasoning

I don't thiiink both LC and you are wolfing me here so if you're town and misreading me try again, my content is pretty obviously how I always toss out reads as town it's just such a low content thread with less to play off of. Real time interaction should help you find me
yeah i understand that there hasn't been much content in this game and maybe that would make it harder for you to be obvious town, but your read on long con doesn't make any sense to me
he just seems like an obvious wolf atp nothing he says reflects reality in a remotely helpful way

you voted robyn and didn't seem to doubt yourself on that vote at all even though they were towntelling and one of the most active solvers in the thread
idk how you can think this? how were they an active solver at all lmao they posted like twice in the first half of the day and didn't contribute until they were on the chopping block
and then you randomly threw long con and robyn in a dichtomy together - saying that long con might be mafia if robyn wasn't

and your reasoning for thinking that robyn/long con needed to contain one mafia is because long con's vote on robyn "could be predatory"
the basis for this seems plainly obvious idk what to tell you

but you literally voted robyn at the exact same time that long con did and seemingly based on the exact same interaction. so, how does it make sense to say that his vote was "predatory" when it was a vote that you actively agreed with and followed at the time?
because of the framing? obviously i'm biased toward my own reasoning and thought his looked fake
your worldview tracks as so incoherent to me that i really struggle to see a world where you can be town lol it seems like you are just phoning your reads in because you know you can get away with it

im open to realtiming with you in case im wrong, altho i proly wont be able to do that today
i am starting to feel the same about you the picture you're painting in this post is completely out of touch and i get that you weren't here so were quite literally out of touch with the thread temperature on d1 but like you're missing a lot of nuance here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

almost tempted to bite on pyxxy's offer for that post but your posts after have sounded a bit more real
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i can kinda see pyxxy's world of spf/sheep/lorab hmmmm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

bleh i don't know sometimes LC is just inscrutable as town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

would wolf spf push me like this

maybe in the circumstances of this game she'd try it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

or it's just LC and pyxxy together and that's the devil in my ear
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 pm or it's just LC and pyxxy together and that's the devil in my ear
That's my thought, tbh.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:57 pm i can kinda see pyxxy's world of spf/sheep/lorab hmmmm
no lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lorab is town
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Porscha wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:19 pm lorab is town
Truth.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

God, it's like my brain's that tree,
and spf are those little cookie elves.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 pm or it's just LC and pyxxy together and that's the devil in my ear
I kinda think their back and forth isn't w/w

Return to “Previous Jobs”