The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Re: [Day 3] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Golden »

Oh, Sloonei. I will also add (because I have not always been considered clear in this game).

Also those three specifically because I theorised a mafia 1 team of sig/G-Man/LC/bubbles earlier in the day, so I was thinking through where I'm at with my own theory.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:Oh, Sloonei. I will also add (because I have not always been considered clear in this game).

Also those three specifically because I theorised a mafia 1 team of sig/G-Man/LC/bubbles earlier in the day, so I was thinking through where I'm at with my own theory.
that's what i was most curious about. I highly doubt those four would be on a team together as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

So sorry to miss the vote. Looks like good work was done and I will have to catch-up on what happened with sig. Looks like a great place to start for leads.

My toddler is sick and decided that meant he could be awake until 5 minutes ago. :fist:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It doesn't seem likely. One thing I'm going to be interested in, in the reread of sig, is exactly when his suspicions of bubbles and LC arose. I guess if your team was called out you probably would aim to do some hard distancing to allow some to survive.

But yeah, I'm thinking my theory was probably wrong (is calling out an entire team that early ever going to be correct?)
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I love being right :beer:

Bye sig! No hard feelings my man! Thanks for being cordial about it!

Also I may have lost my night job today, due to the manager yelling obscenities at me and me just up and leaving the shift. lol guess I'll see if I get a call from the owner after my audition tomorrow. So looks like I miiight have some free time to speculate now!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Bye sig!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:I don't see how you can see that post as contrived at all. That post is a genuine reaction to the situation, and it really did look like you were lying about having brought it up before. Except for a scant six words in the middle of a paragraph... you were. I wasn't wording it a specific way to win hearts and minds, I was talking to you. It was strongly worded because at that point, I needed to hear what you actually had to say, and I was already frustrated by getting no answers from you after asking, twice. Friendly wording wasn't cutting it, so I tried strong wording to get your attention.
OK, I've spent some time this morning reflecting on this, and...

I think I am holding you to a double standard. In Biblical mafia, I looked past the fact that I thought Pilate's case on me was terrible. In this game, I'm not looking past it. And it's because I know you are you, and I'm expecting more of "long con" than I did of "Pilate".
Reasonable, but comparing my play in any game to the play of Pilate is not the most relevant of comparisons.
BUT

Then I read a post like this.

You still say I'm lying which, honestly, I don't believe that you believe even for a second, You even said yourself 'I think it was clearer in your mind than it is in the thread' - those are not the words of someone who believes I was setting out to lie. But whats more, this is the bit where I say you know me better than that. It would be a pointless, stupid, lie, with absolutely no benefit to me if I was bad (can you think of a way it benefits me if bad?).
I think we have a different definition of lying. It doesn't matter whether it was intentional or not - you said it was clear why you connected me with TGG, and that was not the truth. I understand that you thought it was the truth, but it wasn't. And my suspicion of you is not based on the accusation that you were lying - like I said, I said that to make you answer me about why you grouped me with him, because you were not. It doesn't matter whether it's 20 minutes or 2 days, I asked you twice, you were around and posting, and you wouldn't answer.

I fully accept that you may have thought you said something you didn't, but the fact is, instead of giving me a simple answer, you said the answer was already clearly out there in the thread. That was not true. The fact that it was a lie, intentional or not, isn't the case against you. Calling it out as not true finally forced you to clarify for me what I had been asking you for, so I'm glad I said it.

And seriously, you even focused on the wording I used. Look at it again, something like "I don't want to call you a liar, but how do you explain that the truth is different than what you said?" You're all like "HE'S CALLING ME A LIAR, AND USING WORDING TO MAKE EVERYONE THINK I AM!" But if you look at the post, and understand exactly why I phrased it that way, then you should get it. It was a bit sarcastic, because I was peeved to have gone through every single one of your posts back to Day One, looking for where you explained the TGG-LC connection, and found nothing. And it was a bit prodding, like "now you have to answer the question that you weren't answering for me!"

You could have said "Whoa, I wasn't lying, it's right here in this one post!" But you instead went into full counter-attack mode, and here we are. :shrug:
You were apparently 'getting frustrated after asking me something twice and getting no responses'. But you asked me twice within twenty minutes, and got TWO responses, they were just responses you claim to not like. And what's more, this is apparently what 'frustrated' LC sounds like...
Long Con wrote:Ok, no prob, I just went through all of Timmer's posts to get my own answers, now I'll go through yours. You just chill, I'll rejoin this conversation after.
Was this really supposed to sound to me like someone who was frustrated? You hadn't indicated to me anything which suggested frustration, I had no idea you had a problem with reading back on me from this....
I was a little, like, "Goddammit!" when I found that I was going to have to search your posts right after I had just searched Timmers, and I do think it is reflected in the "Ok, no prob" post. That was me biting my tongue and accepting that sometimes I have to do more work than I need to... and then when I found nothing of you connecting me to TGG, that frustration said "ok, I played nice, I looked at all his damn posts, and there's nothing there, he wasted my time, why? What is his deal? Why did he say it was there when it wasn't? Why is he lying?" And the rest is history.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:MetalMArsh why if we were on the same team would he ignore my questions? If anything he would answer them since Iwouldn't ask them unless wehad something going on. Please explain this.
He wouldn't ignore them, he just wouldn't notice them. I've seen it done between teammates before (and LC was involved there as well, except he was the one asking the questions). But if you two are teammates, and he knows you aren't interested in getting him lynched, then he would pay more attention to other players' posts, and less attention to yours.
I don't know what game you're referring to here, chum, but I don't recall ever participating in anything like you describe here. Perhaps you could clarify?

*********************************************************************************************************

And now I'm fully caught up - excellent result, glad to have lynched sig! I probably would have switched my vote to him, not that it was necessary. BUT, I was at work. So I di'int.

I'm surprised and relieved to see that Golden is still analyzing whether or not I'm bad, instead of tunnelling on me because of our exchange. Golden, I hope that you can reread the whole thing from my perspective and see that I wasn't trying to create a point of view about you, I was just trying to get answers and feeling frustrated. I don't know if you backing off me should make me feel better or worse about you. One one hand, it could show an open mind, which is Civvish... and on the other hand, maybe you just don't want to get further into this with me, because I'm right about you being a baddie and it's hitting too close to home.

Like I said back when Cobalt was crying out about the frame-up job on Epi 1.0, I wanted to watch the thread and see who pushed the accusations, and how. Golden, you pushed the accusation in as subtle a way as possible (so subtle that I truly didn't even get it when I read the post, bla bla been said already a few times), and that post seemed designed to get someone else to pick up the connection and make the accusation. I'm sure you can understand that point of view - in fact, I think it's a pretty solid way to find the real killer... as long as it's done discreetly, which I can't say can happen from here on out. This is one of the main ways I catch baddies - to put myself in their shoes and ask what I'd do in their position. The Epi frameup provided a good base from which to do that.

However, I have to admit (begrudgingly) that some of the posts you've made in our exchange have sounded like a Civ perspective. But I also think you're that damn good at this game, that you can fool me by knowing how to act Civ... like, method-acting, where you really put yourself in Civ shoes and the posts flow from that. I can't let go of this suspicion, because a) you're the only result I really have from the Epi 1.0 frameup, and b) I'll feel like a real idiot if I drop it and you turn out to be Mafia. :haha: I think maybe an alignment checker should put us both on their list if they haven't already.

Anyways, night time now, hope the baddies kill the baddies tonight! :nicenod: Good night, going to bed. For real.
Golden wrote:But yeah, I'm thinking my theory was probably wrong (is calling out an entire team that early ever going to be correct?)
Aldo did it before, I saw it. It caused a lot of upset baddies, and some accusations. But he did it. I've also seen BR do it pretty well as well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

No LC, I cannot see that you got frustrated over the course of 20 minutes, and I will never be able to see that. If you did then far out - chill. I was at work, I didn't even see your first question, I responded to your second one twice, you indicated no issue with going back and reading my posts until after you'd done it. I do not buy your 'I was all frustrated' schtick.

Could I see that you potentially feigned frustration to see how I would react? Yes, that I could see.

I also have no idea how you can possibly see me as being ANY result from the epi frameup - and if you don't want me to compare you to Pilate, then the only thing I can compare you to is holding you to normal expectations, which takes me right back to the point that none of your suspicion on me makes literally any sense if you were actually reading the thread - just as it didn't in biblical. When it comes to your suspicion of me, half the posts you write (including that last one) just read like nonsense to me.

Like, what does this even mean?
Long Con wrote:Like I said back when Cobalt was crying out about the frame-up job on Epi 1.0, I wanted to watch the thread and see who pushed the accusations, and how. Golden, you pushed the accusation in as subtle a way as possible (so subtle that I truly didn't even get it when I read the post, bla bla been said already a few times), and that post seemed designed to get someone else to pick up the connection and make the accusation. I'm sure you can understand that point of view - in fact, I think it's a pretty solid way to find the real killer... as long as it's done discreetly, which I can't say can happen from here on out.
I have literally no idea what any of that is trying to suggest.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:I think we have a different definition of lying. It doesn't matter whether it was intentional or not - you said it was clear why you connected me with TGG, and that was not the truth.
BTW, yes, we very much have a different definition of lying.

We also have a very different definition of 'the truth'.

You keep trying to put objective statements around things that are flat out opinions. If I was trying to be subtle and imply it, why put your name in the team at all?

I think it's you who needs to take a step back and look at how outrageously stupid your case on me actually is. And I'd start with this question - all the behaviour you claim you are seeing as me being bad - what is the baddie rationale for it? Why bother saying something is clear if it objectively isn't?

Here is the real thing that keeps getting me with you, though, LC - you KNOW. You keep saying these things that prove it, like when you said 'I think it was clearer in your head than it was in the thread'. You actually full on know and understand exactly how the situation arose, yet you continue to try and say it's me lying. I just don't get it?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And as for 'you're relieved I'm not just tunneling you' - well, at least one of us can say that, eh!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Assuming that the point of that paragraph was to say I was intentionally trying to be subtle about my suspicion of you, I honestly don't know how you can call this subtle, LC.
Golden wrote:I don't like bringing out of game stuff into a game, generally speaking, but I'm calling gamerguy as bad.

Given his posts in the hosting thread about 'only voting for games that don't allow deadies to sub back in', I think the real reason why TGG has asked to be subbed out of this one is more because of his opposition to epi subbing in, and less because of his internet issues (not saying the excuse isn't legitimate).

I'm beginning to think the reason for it is because he is annoyed that he killed epi and epi is back.
Golden wrote:It took me a while to connect the dots. I've been mulling over why he would not be completely truthful in this thread while making it very obvious in another. It suddenly occurred to me that he might do it so as to not drop his replacement in it, because being honest about his reasons here would connect it directly to epi.
Golden wrote:Also, I'm beginning to buy the TB/LC theory, or even a TB/LC/G-Man, this is mafia 1 theory - taking into account my various thoughts around the meaning of any killing of epi on night 1. I haven't really seen LC as suspicious on his own merit, but certain things are beginning to add up for me.
Golden wrote:So I went back to look at timing.

Epi dies. Epi replaces in. Epi has (I think) only two posts - one where he says 'I know who killed me' and one where he says 'my suspicions haven't changed'. Then TGG asks to be subbed out.

I honestly think it's very consistent with someone who was part of a team that killed epi, that they killed them for cause, and was upset when he was able to sub back in and express the particular sentiments that he did. I think G-Man and LC are a team. I feel less sure that bubbles is, but she definitely could be.

Does it suck that someone subbing out on a matter of principle could sink a team? Yes. But this is why you should always keep your cool in mafia. I guarantee you, when people complain about things being unfair in this game, it's almost always mafia. Because they perceive it has harmed their chances. I don't think Epi's views necessarily held great weight, and I think the reaction to him subbing back in provides a whole lot more information about how important they believed killing epi to be.
Golden wrote:I'm switching my vote to G-Man for now.

Sorry G-Man. It's not your fault. I wish you could have subbed in for Bullz. Perhaps if I'd connected the dots sooner, that's how it would have gone down.

I still could see myself voting another way by the end of the day. But for now, gamerguy is the nexus holding my theory together, and if he wasn't bad I'd go back to having no case on LC.
Literally the only thing I did not expressly do was say 'epi suspected LC, so LC is the specific person that I think they killed epi to protect'. There is no other possible conclusion you can draw, though, from reading those 5 posts as a whole. Especially the paragraph I underlined.

There is nothing subtle about it. I cannot agree it was unclear, I don't think it is unclear. I cannot agree that I am a liar (even by your apparent definition that I could lie unintentionally, which I think is bizarre, and yet once again inconsistent with your claim that you think I am bad). I think you have enjoyed playing it up as unclear, but it isn't. What exactly is the subtlety that I'm trying to use here? What is it that I would want someone else to "run with"?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Ooooh nice one! Excellent case, Sloonei :biggrin: I keep wanting to say more, but my brain says placeholder post, go to bed, and re-read tomorrow. Second place trivia tonight and free beer! Woo hoo!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And at this point I'm saying all these things because I just don't know what's up with you. Because I still just don't buy where you are coming from on me, reading back will not and does not help. I think the whole thing has been bs and I still do. But, like I say, I think your whole case on me in biblical was bs too, I tried calling you on it in the thread, you still tried to lynch me without even stopping to think about it. In that case your case was literally that I was a team with someone who I had been trying to get lynched for seven consecutive day periods, because I finally had some logical in-thread evidence he was good and started defending him.

Here, I just feel the same way - like you can't be bothered reading the thread. My overall theory was clear enough to others that they understood it in context at the time, no-one else was asking questions that suggested there was any lack of clarity at all. No-one else said 'I don't understand how you got LC in there'...

But, the fact you are willing to throw so much suspicion at me in the thread based on a case that I personally feel is trumped up has proven, in the past, to be something you would do as civ, so... :shrug: I wish you'd pay attention to what I'm saying to you, and look beyond your own tunnel vision, perhaps?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

At this juncture I would say Scotty also gets credit for being first on the sig case, to the best of my recollection.
Golden
The Coward

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Addendum: I understand now why Sloonei wants to lynch him. On a side note, sig has asked a LOT of questions to and about LC lately, with know significant read on him. Here's a few snips, and these are just the Day 2 statements.
sig wrote:"A big thing with rereading Cobalts interactions is his LC tunneling he doesn't usually only have one major mafia read. He was one of my top 2 lynch choice of day 1 his early lynch vote of LC is scummy and I'm not buying he didn't realize votes were none chang able. As Scotty said a Cobalt lynch could give us information either way. Though I think he is either mafia or playing a really messy game."

"I'm know more sure that LC is innocent (this is solo based off of the Cobalt/LC exchange) and CObalt is either mafia or independent. So I will put my money were my mouth is and vote for Cobalt, he was my second day 1 choice after I decided on SVS. "

"I don't have much to add at this point, but two things are sticking out to me right know, who is or were is BirdwithTeeth11, DREAM, and Neverwhere have they postd at all or did they sub in?
The second thing is why did TB vote for LC?"

"One thing I noticed LC list and I disagree I don't find Sloonie suspicious I think his questioning is that of a good civilian even if he finds me suspicious."

"LC why is SLooni mafia read to you?"

"So everyone is still alive shouldn't Cobalt have died and taken LC with him. Unless Cobalt is really unlynchable."

"LC why is Slooni mafia read to you? I asked this earlier but it appears to have gotten lost in the commotion."

"Three people voted for LC Metalmarsh89 Cobalt TinyBubbles
TB and Metal why did you both vote for LC?"

"Cobalt seems to be hypnotized, but even so he still voted for LC which is consistent with the previous days. Can in theory the mafia target another mafia player from the same team to get hypnotized? If we think LC is innocent but Cobalt is scum that would be the best way to push an LC lynch by the mafia."

"LC sorry to be pestering you, but why is Sloonie scum?"

"MetalMarsh89 why are you lynching LC again?"
MM - you are a wonder. I just found this looking back, and it makes me :ponder: because as I said before a key thing for me would be if sig's expresses suspicions on LC or bubbles were notable departures from his previous views. Now I'm going to take my own read back and look at this more closely.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, LC, so I went back to see where you suspected me, since I couldn't remember it.

I would say at this juncture - that you do express exactly one suspicion of me before all this flares up, and that was my 'last-second' vote on SVS. I explained to you in that case that the thread backs up a version of events that I was switching my vote to avoid ties, which is exactly what I was doing. You then said 'I wasn't accusing you of anything'. And the only other thing you do to mention suspicion of me before everything blew up was having me as a slight mafia read on your rainbow list before you didn't die. You had provided zero additional reasons or context for this read. Should you really be surprised it didn't register with me?

And did you actually ever follow through and go back and read the thread to see how that vote played out? Or do you maintain that I am suspicious for the 'last-second' nature of my vote - a vote for someone who I had been advocating lynching all day. You know, even this original suspicion of me gives off the same vibe as the later one... a 'don't ask me to read the thread' vibe.

This is the basis for you accusing me of a no u. While you say you get a slight ping from a single vote and 'are not accusing me of anything', I am full out saying I think you are in the mafia 1 team with three other people, can you see why I was slightly baffled about you saying that I was the one doing a No U?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, this is to EVERYONE

Into the Woods is the role that determines ties.

It's also a role we believe can be corrupted.

I think we should absolutely be avoiding ties.
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Neverwhere »

Sorry you gott go sig, but glad we finally caught some scum!

I'm not really sure about TB being mafia anymore. Her reactions do read pretty genuine, however....

Golden -- you said that TB was playing her usual civ game and that in previous games she's had pretty spot on insticts, or something like that. However, the two games I've played with Bubbles, mafia won both time and in only one of those games did a mafia get caught and that was because of a little slip up. That is not to say I don't think Bubbles is a good player -- I do. I'm just wondering if you could elaborate as you make it sound like she was top baddy catcher....
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@neverwhere - I had to NK her in economics for it ;)

But, of course, you notice people's instincts more when you are mafia and they are on to you, so your view on her performance in the other two games is valid and interesting. Do you think that, despite mafia not getting caught, she was on track in those games?? I think she did call out MP in Omerta, no?
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Golden wrote:@neverwhere - I had to NK her in economics for it ;)

But, of course, you notice people's instincts more when you are mafia and they are on to you, so your view on her performance in the other two games is valid and interesting. Do you think that, despite mafia not getting caught, she was on track in those games?? I think she did call out MP in Omerta, no?
Hmm, I don't know. I remember her more clearly from Narnia, probably because I was more familiar with most of the players there. I found her a little bandwagony. From my memory she jumped on who was being most talked about for a lynch andwent with it. If she did suspect someone who was really mafia she usually didn't follow through wth a lynch.
As for callng out MP, whilst true, almost everyone called out MP to the point that he even told his own team mates to lynch vote him cause he was a sinking ship going down and voting for him might make us look less suspicious.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Of course, I didn't play economics, so I don't know what she was like in that game. Good to know she has good instincts :) If I do put her in the 100% civ category I'll be looking out for what she has to say.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:Also, this is to EVERYONE

Well...I didn't get Into the Woods as one of the corruptible plays listed in that PM puzzle. I'm not sure we can even name the 3 without breaking rules, but that definitely wasn't in mine.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

FZ. wrote:Random question: Scotty, what do you think of LC? LC, what do you think of Scotty?
Just found this scrolling back through the day.

LC is an interesting case. I haven't had a strong opinion either way, mostly because he has been mired in a cyclical feud with Golden for the past 10 pages or so. Honestly, the more both of them bicker on about trivial who-is-right and who-is-the-opposite-of-right, the more I want to tune them out.
That isn't to say that neither are putting forth thoughtful responses to each other's suspicions to help influence their civ/scum reads, I just prefer not to focus on it right now. I think there's almost no likelihood of both being bad. A higher likelihood of 1 or none being bad. Wouldn't surprise me actually if 1 is independent. But I'm not focusing on them right now.
All I will say right now is I'm leaning maybe civ/independent on LC. Same goes for Golden though.

If I can make it through Team 1's kill tonight, I'm gonna double back and scavenge for other people that have raised red flags for me that I've already suspected and those not really talked about, like this guy:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nothing would make me happier than you and I surviving this next day and night phase Golden. You nearly gave me a heart attack last night.
(5:33p)
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'd forgotten that Golden survived a nightkill, and I think that makes him look a little better.
(4:11p)

Quite the heart attack indeed...

When I asked for help in decoding the Day 0 PM, you basically did nothing of help:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:I REALLY want to hear more from row 3. So...calling MM, sig, njuu, nutella, and Turnip! Anything to report??
All systems go.
I'm glad your bodily functions and neural pathways are working properly, robot man.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:So MM, I'm not sure why you're being mum and unhelpful. Do you WANT me to be suspicious of you?
Not at all. All I want is to lynch Long Con.

I think I have been quite helpful and have offered some keen observations.
So in response to my plea for help with the PM, you disregard it with a vague statement. Can you help me with pointing to what help you've brought to the discussion pertaining to the PM? Because I may have missed it somewhere...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Unvote

Vote C3PO
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Effective immediately, Metalmarsh89 has replaced Metalmarsh89. As a result, Metalmarsh89 cannot be lynched today.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:As for my suspects? I suppose it looks something like this, in no particular order.

Long Con
TinyBubbles
lol You're literally the Terminator, with the sole purpose of killing Sarah Long Connor.

Listen, it's is your prerogative if you don't feel that sharing that info with the group is beneficial to the civ game. But I'm under the impression that more info is a good thing that can help in deductions. Because we're all sorta in the dark here. Does it maybe help the mafia too? Probably. But I think the benefit is greater for res to have the info, and by withholding that info without cause or concern is truly suspicious from my point of view.

I plan to go into a more detailed analysis before night ends tomorrow, but for now I need to go to bed...this goofy dude has been all over the place. I implore others to look through his dialogue on Wednesday, especially, leading up to sig's imminent death, especially
-his feelings toward sig before sig votes pick up traction
-while they pick up traction (you'll notice he decides to look into sig's history to see what all the hubub is about)
-and the 2 hours before the definitive kill when sig is all but dead.

There's even the likelihood that LC is very bad and I might owe you an apology for tunneling on you, like I did with sig. You seem like a cool and whacky guy in general ;airguitar:

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by FZ. »

Great result! :D

If I had to choose a voter for Sig from his own team, it would be Splints. I read back through the last hours before the post, and she seemed the one leaving the options open. She talked about 3 potential candidates for a vote: Bass, Bubbles and Sig, threw in some few thoughts why Sig would be a good option, but kept her vote until it was basically a done deal. In my eyes, she was leaving open options and was even talking more about Bass, maybe to get people on board, and when nothing changed, she placed the vote on Sig. This to me, was a classic baddie move. Just wanted to get it out there.

Golden, you said LC probably wasn't on Sig's group, and you're pretty sure he's not on the other mafia. How would you know that? Are you on the other team? You were very hesitant with this lynch, not just about Sig, but about everything. Can you explain why?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:

Well...I didn't get Into the Woods as one of the corruptible plays listed in that PM puzzle. I'm not sure we can even name the 3 without breaking rules, but that definitely wasn't in mine.
Neither did I. I take it back.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:Great result! :D

If I had to choose a voter for Sig from his own team, it would be Splints. I read back through the last hours before the post, and she seemed the one leaving the options open. She talked about 3 potential candidates for a vote: Bass, Bubbles and Sig, threw in some few thoughts why Sig would be a good option, but kept her vote until it was basically a done deal. In my eyes, she was leaving open options and was even talking more about Bass, maybe to get people on board, and when nothing changed, she placed the vote on Sig. This to me, was a classic baddie move. Just wanted to get it out there.

Golden, you said LC probably wasn't on Sig's group, and you're pretty sure he's not on the other mafia. How would you know that? Are you on the other team? You were very hesitant with this lynch, not just about Sig, but about everything. Can you explain why?
It's just that my entire case around LC centres on mafia one killing epi because he was on to LC (and gamerguy quitting because epi subbed back in because he felt that was unfair).

It's not that there is no possibility LC is on mafia team 2, and I don't think there is any reason for me to be 'pretty sure' he isn't - it's just that I wouldn't see any reason to come to the view he is, either.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Using the word 'definitely' probably oversells how sure I was... I just don't feel like he is a likely candidate for who tried to NK me.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

^okay, thanks. What's your opinion of Splints this game?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:^okay, thanks. What's your opinion of Splints this game?
I've felt good enough about splints. I was surprised to see you chose her as your 'person most likely to be on sig's team', because she hasn't registered in that way with me. Generally I've felt she is contributing and seems genuine. I wouldn't say it's a strong read, but I haven't found anything she has done has pinged me.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:
I've felt good enough about splints. I was surprised to see you chose her as your 'person most likely to be on sig's team', because she hasn't registered in that way with me. Generally I've felt she is contributing and seems genuine. I wouldn't say it's a strong read, but I haven't found anything she has done has pinged me.
Fair enough, but could you go back and read her posts surrounding the end of the day please?

I need to go, I'll be back later.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:
Golden wrote:
Fair enough, but could you go back and read her posts surrounding the end of the day please?

I need to go, I'll be back later.
I will.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wow, Golden. We can't keep doing this. You're focusing on things that aren't relevant, and I can't make you stop. I asked about your last-minute vote for S~V~S, explicitly saying I don't find it suspicious, and you go back and dredge it up like it's a case against you, and proceed to punch holes in it. You list a whole string of posts (yet again) that are clear about your views on TGG, but very unclear about why you list me as his teammate. Once again, the only post in that series that has ANYTHING to do with me being suspected as Epi's killer is the underline one, and even that one is as "saying it without saying it" as it possibly caqn be.

"If I was trying to be subtle and imply it, why put your name in the team at all?" Already said why - to plant the seed and get someone else to run with it, so the frame-up doesn't get traced back to you after I get lynched.

I can't explain to you again about the "lying" thing. You have to go back and take your pick of one the posts where I have explained it. You're still acting like I'm accusing you of being a liar. Like that's why I suspect you. I guess that's why you want me to be suspicious of you, so it's easier to defend. :shrug:

And there's no "schtick", so you can "schtick" that right up your ass. :haha: Anyways, I have to go, so I can't continue with this.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Of all the airports I could get stuck in overnight, it has to be one with no free wifi. :disappoint:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

@Scotty. I appreciate you looking out for me. Unfortunately, I'm still on my phone, so can't give you a detailed response at this moment. Well I could, but that is too much work, and I can do it later on a computer.

As for the statements I made about Golden being NK'd, I really did forget. Golden and I have also developed this trend where every game we play, one of us does by Day 3 (and this is our 8th or even 9th game together), so it would be quite an accomplishment if we both survive to tomorrow. The heart attack statement was in jest.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:G-Man, you should offer to call the insanifier a coward if they don't insanify you. I've heard that approach works well.
That's... a great idea! But let's change it just slightly, as there is only one coward, and that's you, Golden the Coward ;)

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

I really think that promising a day full of spamming the thread with insanifier gibberish is not exactly the solid Comedy Gold Funtimes pitch you think it is... ;)

No interest in actually playing the game? Dealing with the suspicions on you? I know you can't answer for TGG's actions, but you can do a fair amount to counteract them by helping out and contributing. :nicenod:

Your desire to be insanified, and your strange insistence that this would be the peak of hilarity and silliness, are troubling not only in regards to your alignment, but also in your understanding of thru workings of humor :P
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

We should call G-Man Scum-man. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Canucklehead wrote:Your desire to be insanified, and your strange insistence that this would be the peak of hilarity and silliness, are troubling not only in regards to your alignment, but also in your understanding of thru workings of humor :P
Canucklehead wrote:your understanding of thru workings of humor :P
Canucklehead wrote:of humor :P
Canucklehead wrote:humor
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Neither did I. I take it back.
:huh:

:ponder:

Canucklehead wrote:I really think that promising a day full of spamming the thread with insanifier gibberish is not exactly the solid Comedy Gold Funtimes pitch you think it is... ;)

No interest in actually playing the game? Dealing with the suspicions on you? I know you can't answer for TGG's actions, but you can do a fair amount to counteract them by helping out and contributing. :nicenod:

Your desire to be insanified, and your strange insistence that this would be the peak of hilarity and silliness, are troubling not only in regards to your alignment, but also in your understanding of thru workings of humor :P

this too. wanting to be insanified is wanting to not be able to participate, much less defend.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vig Kill Long Con

Die you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Forgive me, LC! :puppy: It was my autocorrect. Stupid American computer brain. :mad:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wow, sorry that was so big.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:Wow, sorry that was so big.
:eek: :Uhh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Long Con wrote:Wow, sorry that was so big.
That's what she said?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Canucklehead wrote:Forgive me, LC! :puppy: It was my autocorrect. Stupid American computer brain. :mad:
I was shocked and dismayed, if it were Day my vote would be on you for at least three hours. :noble:

Linki: LOL
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Vig Kill Long Con

Die you.
No me die.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

I have no idea what is goingon with G - man. Remind me who he replaced again? I need to reread those posts. If you don't want to participate in a meaningful way, why play at all? His wanting to be insanified also make me think maybe he is wanting to inject some fun and humour into the game (its been snarky and stressful) while allowing him an excuse to not contribute and possibly buy him time from having to baddie hunt.

I'm reading scum....
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden, I'm just going to try and give you my point of view on something, so you can understand.

The idea that I'm in league with TinyBubbles was getting a lot of attention. There's a couple of reasons, namely that some didn't like my post about TinyBubbles, and that Tiny voted for me at... I guess an opportune time would be the way to put it? Some people are liking these reasons enough to act pretty confident that we're linked.

Golden, you start making posts about TGG, that he was upset about Epi's return and it likely meant he was the killer or on the killer's team. This stuff makes sense to me, but then you're making a post about TGG and throwing in the TinyBubbles-LC suspicion along with it. There's nothing about the TB-LC suspicion that lends itself to connection with the Epi-killing accusation or TGG, you just kind of staple it on to your TGG theory and make us all one team. Then in the next post, you basically just repeat what you said earlier, except suddenly it's just me and TGG, with TinyBubbles getting a pass from you for now.

You never say why you chose me. You could have put ANY other name in the game where you put my name in that post, and it would have been equally justified... because there was no justification. I know you have clarified now that you meant that I was one of the people that Epi was after on Day One, and you thought I was the most suspicious of his murder, but back then you had said nothing even remotely close to that. You just put together a suspicion of TGG, and then dropped me into it.

Then I asked why, and you made some posts without responding to that - and I get that you missed it, that's ok, it was one little word - but understand where I was at that time in the thread. I'm already trying to weather this connection-suspicion to Tiny, and then you come along making a lot of sense with TGG and then adding my name in suddenly and with no explanation.

Like, dude... try playing as Long Con sometime. Look at my game so far. Day 0 tag team assault from Cobalt and Epi, with Metalmarsh laughing along and voting only me. Cobalt only steps it up, and gives me a death sentence. Then this TinyBubbles thing catches hold of the thread. I want you to really understand the frustration I was already feeling, fighting for my life since the very beginning. I want you to stop acting like you don't believe that it was very frustrating to me when my name showed up like that with no real explanation, because it was.

Though I was frustrated, I kept my shit together, and said "Why?" No response, so I asked again, "Why, because you think he's my teammate?" and you still don't tell me why, you just give a post about what information you think you'd get. So I ask a third time, "You didn't answer me yet as to why you are connecting us at all?" And you still won't answer the question! And I still keep it cool, even though by this time my frustration level is rising higher.

You don't have to stop suspecting me, but I want you to acknowledge that I was feeling frustrated, because it's the truth and it's bugging me to have you shrug it off as fake. Can you do that for me, old friend? :grin:
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Post by G-Man »

Well, when you sub into a game for a player who made himself look bad to enough people to ensure you get lynched pretty quickly, it's kind of frustrating. Maybe it's partially my fault because I thought I was marked for death until Dom said I couldn't be lynched Day 3. I dug a few extra inches of what will be my grave instead of Gamer's for my apathy. For that, I am sorry.

But what's done is done. I'm a lover, not a fighter, which is why I'd rather spend my day making you guys laugh than wear myself out trying to defend the actions and words of the guy who bailed on this role. I'll post what little I have from my vote analysis at lunch. These changeable votes make it impossible to look beyond the actual votes themselves. Timing cannot be considered when votes can be changed. The accounting hamster in my brain is going nuts over it.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Finally caught up. Good job, everyone, even though I probably wouldn't have voted Sig had I been around. I didn't find the case that convincing, but apparently it was right :shrug2:

I do agree that Splints' vote seems like it could be a teammate bandwagoning, but for that matter, Ninja's vote rubs me the wrong way too. She does straight up say it's a bandwagon vote, but I still feel pinged by it.

I hope LC and Golden can move on from the feud for next day. It feels like a whole lot of miscommunication, probably between civs.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”