Epignosis!
TinyBubbles!

No insane curse, no corrupt force,
And there’s a happy endgame, of course!
Lynching and hunting,
Civvies confronting--
This time it all turns out okay!
Victory at endgame,
Mafia mafia mafia mafia MAFIA MAFIA MAFIA...TODAY!

EXIT

No one has been killed.
It is Day 5. You have 48 hours to lycnh someone.
Alrighty, so even though I was involved with my college theater group for four years, I was never much of a theater person. I do, however, recognize the night post as an adaptation of "Comedy Tonight" from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. (Excellent show by the way- lots of raunchy fun to be had!) Have the other night posts been adaptations of other show tunes? The fact that AFTHOTWTTF is one of the roles leads me to believe that the absence of a NK last night is due to that player's actions instead of inactive baddies. Apparently the consensus is that Team Webber kills on odd nights and baddie Team Wildhorn kills on even nights?

I'm going to assume that Sloonei's vote is a temporary shot across Nutella's bow for this post:
nutella wrote:Wow. Nobody died... again.

Did everyone who voted for Miss Saigon get the West Side Story pm?
I don't really see Nutella being on Team Wildhorn because of her Day 4 vote for Long Con. The vote was still close, so it doesn't make sense for a member of Team Wildhorn to risk putting the team in such a tight spot by reducing their numbers. Then again, some of you are now theorizing that Team Wildhorn may have a recruitment power. Scary thought but it doesn't give a total advantage to the team (in Secret Mafia 2, the baddie team with the recruitment power managed to recruit two or three players but still got their Russkie butts handed to them). Anywho, if Slooeni has any real intel pointing to Nutella being bad, then it probably means she's on Team Webber. The vote data just doesn't suggest Wildhorn.

Dom wrote:Disregard sig being on the poll.
This post raises a HUGE red flag. Dom is clearly trying to hide the fact that a baddie has been rezzed. I've got my eye on you, JerkSka. :eye: ;)

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I wish there was an option for those of us who had seen neither play. :sigh:

RIP No one. I'm voting Turnip Head.
Why? I mean, haven't you heard that I'm the hot commodity today?

Scotty wrote:I have a strange feeling about Wildhorn's team.

Maybe...maybe the fact that there wasn't a lynch tonight was that the whole team is MIA?

You know...like Devin, DREAM, Gumshoe, bullzeye, Turnip.
Sneaky sneak is sneaky. I'll come back to you later. :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

Canucklehead wrote:
Epignosis wrote:At this point, I would say one of the powers of Mafia 1 is to have changeable votes.
I agree. And I think all of G-Man's "Oh noes! How will I make my spreadsheets with all this DASTARDLY VOTE CHANGING! I am so shocked that VOTE CHANGING EXISTS! I am unexpetedly inconvenienced by this VOTE CHANGING!" is an attempt to do some pre-distancing for when we inevitably figured it out.

My vote is on G-Man for today.
Erm, no. I am genuinely frustrated about changeable votes because I can't rely on these odd-numbered days' vote records as gospel. I like to know who voted for whom and when. Changeable votes screws that up because the poll system reassigns the vote numbers. Someone may have voted early in the lynch phase but changed their vote at the end of the day, making them look like the last vote. I like my data pure. Changeable votes taint data.

Also, this is the first time in a very long time that I've encountered changeable votes. I remember it could be done back on SpoilerTV but we were pretty prehistoric there and didn't have fancy poll functions to register votes on. I can't remember how it was early on at Lostpedia. The point is, after years of perfecting my spreadsheet analysis, changeable votes booger things up and leave me squirming. I am incapable of getting over it.

Black Rock wrote:I voted for Gman today. It is time.
It is not time for me to die. It is time to party...

The cop at the beginning is Robb Stech, one of my college friends. :nicenod:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Re: [Day 4] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by G-Man »

Hey Golden and Timmer-

I know why you guys voted for me but it's still nice to hear the words every now and again. :grin:
My Banners:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by FZ. »

G-Man wrote:Hey Golden and Timmer-

I know why you guys voted for me but it's still nice to hear the words every now and again. :grin:
So G-man, other than your team, who do you think is mafia?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

G-Man wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Epignosis wrote:At this point, I would say one of the powers of Mafia 1 is to have changeable votes.
I agree. And I think all of G-Man's "Oh noes! How will I make my spreadsheets with all this DASTARDLY VOTE CHANGING! I am so shocked that VOTE CHANGING EXISTS! I am unexpetedly inconvenienced by this VOTE CHANGING!" is an attempt to do some pre-distancing for when we inevitably figured it out.

My vote is on G-Man for today.
Erm, no. I am genuinely frustrated about changeable votes because I can't rely on these odd-numbered days' vote records as gospel. I like to know who voted for whom and when. Changeable votes screws that up because the poll system reassigns the vote numbers. Someone may have voted early in the lynch phase but changed their vote at the end of the day, making them look like the last vote. I like my data pure. Changeable votes taint data.

Also, this is the first time in a very long time that I've encountered changeable votes. I remember it could be done back on SpoilerTV but we were pretty prehistoric there and didn't have fancy poll functions to register votes on. I can't remember how it was early on at Lostpedia. The point is, after years of perfecting my spreadsheet analysis, changeable votes booger things up and leave me squirming. I am incapable of getting over it.
I am legitimately considering moving my vote off of you because you used "booger" as a verb, which is a diction choice for which I have the utmost admiration and respect. :noble:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Yeah I'm voting for G-Man. Let's get this booger. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

Voting Gman again
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Canucklehead wrote:I am legitimately considering moving my vote off of you because you used "booger" as a verb, which is a diction choice for which I have the utmost admiration and respect. :noble:
Keep your vote where it is. Changing your vote off of me will just booger up your vote history and hurt our chances of winning even further.

nutella wrote:Yeah I'm voting for G-Man. Let's get this booger. :p
This from the lady whose avatar looks like a booger sandwich. :evileye: :biggrin:

fingersplints wrote:Voting Gman again
You say that as if it's such a chore. :meany:
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:If I've still not been replaced I can probably come back tbh. Someone will have to kindly catch me up but I've got about 10-15 days where I'm not so busy...
I'm really pleased about this Bullz. Poor Dom has had a horrid time with people who can't play, so it is good to have you back.

I think you may need to catch up on some things in the long run, but given that LC is dead and bad, a large chunk of the thread is about him.

The following people have taken a decent amount of heat and you might consider trying to come to a view on each of them: G-man, bubbles, cobalt.

We haven't yet really had full ranging discussion about that many suspects because we have had reasonable success.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote:I had figured out that the vote thing alternated so that they're changeable every other day, but I hadn't considered that it could be linked to one of the mafia teams. Interesting.
And I'm not sure why it would be honestly. It's a theory without much evidence from epi, why is everyone jumping on it? It appears to me that votes are changeable on odd days and not on even days.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote:Hey Golden and Timmer-

I voted for you because on a day with changeable votes my top suspicion is the best place to start.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Golden wrote:
nutella wrote:I had figured out that the vote thing alternated so that they're changeable every other day, but I hadn't considered that it could be linked to one of the mafia teams. Interesting.
And I'm not sure why it would be honestly. It's a theory without much evidence from epi, why is everyone jumping on it?
Because this is a game that is built upon taken very little evidence and making extrapolations and guesses, and then acting? :shrug:
I don't see why Epic's explanation is any less reasonable than assuming that it's a random game mechanic external to role abilities.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I do not think sloonei has any info on nutella, although lets wait to hear what he has to say about it tomorrow. I find it more likely that he has approximately the same amount of info on nutella today as I had on epignosis yesterday - ie zero. Peculiar votes are usually peculiar for a reason, and people don't tend to show off the fact they have info if they can help it.

@canuck - it came across wrong. What I really meant 'is everyone jumping on it because this is the role description from les mis that I didn't get'?

If it's not a known fact, then even if it is a role ability, why assume it's mafia not civilian?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Even more - one of the powers of mafia 1. He was very specific.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Also, I don't think that "everyone jumped on it". I did, and nutella said it was "interesting" (poking the lion, there nutella? :p ).......but I don't think anyone else even mentioned Epic's theory in their votes for G

linki: Hmmmmmm.....I didn't vote in the night poll, so no idea if it was connected. As for why E thinks it's specifically Mafia 1? That is a very good question... and one I did not consider, so eager was I for an excuse to put my vote on someone and avoid missing the poll again. :blush:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Your phone went and called him epic again :disappoint:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

What about my theory that the songs in the night post are somehow a clue? We've had at least two songs that I recognize from shows I worked on in college and one from an Academy Award winning film (so there's no way I would miss that one!) in the night posts that are also from musicals that are roles in this game. I'm not saying that these songs reveal the night target's identity. What I suggest is that they are clues as to some aspect of the events of the Night post or the night in general. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is a show about distraction. Could it be that Sloonei survived because the role of AFTHOTWTTF distracted the killer?

Just a thought.

Golden wrote:Your phone went and called him epic again :disappoint:
Indeed. Don't be an enabler, Canuck. It boogers up Epi's humility. :srsnod:
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My personal theory, G-Man, is merely that the singer is awesome, and is picking a different song from a different movie each time. They speak of their suspicions, so it's clearly a player. How would they have the info necessary to identify which role the NK is etc?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:If it's not a known fact, then even if it is a role ability, why assume it's mafia not civilian?
Changeable votes help Mafia more than it helps civilians, providing them a measure of flexibility later in the Day that they wouldn't otherwise have.
Golden wrote:Even more - one of the powers of mafia 1. He was very specific.
Yes...because votes are only changeable on odd phases, not even ones. I think my theory is reasonable, don't you?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:My personal theory, G-Man, is merely that the singer is awesome, and is picking a different song from a different movie each time. They speak of their suspicions, so it's clearly a player. How would they have the info necessary to identify which role the NK is etc?
So you think the "singer" is the same person every night?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I just assumed the singer was a construct inherent to the flow of the game. I think the "singer" will show up no matter what but what they sing about may vary. For instance, if there is a player allowed to voice suspicions, the singer sings those suspicions. The singer will still appear in the absence of the gossip role because we need a night post. If the "singer" is a single role, then we'll only get stage directions if the gossip role dies.

In my view, the "singer" is the host's persona and is used a conduit to present game-related information to us. Suspicions are included but the song choice could also have meaning too. Perhaps I'm overthinking it but I like my theory.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

*is used as a conduit
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:If it's not a known fact, then even if it is a role ability, why assume it's mafia not civilian?
Changeable votes help Mafia more than it helps civilians, providing them a measure of flexibility later in the Day that they wouldn't otherwise have.
Golden wrote:Even more - one of the powers of mafia 1. He was very specific.
Yes...because votes are only changeable on odd phases, not even ones. I think my theory is reasonable, don't you?
They kill on odd nights, but that doesn't mean everything they do has to be odd. I don't think your theory is unreasonable but, as with many of the theories I postulate, I take from what you've said that it is just a theory at this stage.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote:
Golden wrote:My personal theory, G-Man, is merely that the singer is awesome, and is picking a different song from a different movie each time. They speak of their suspicions, so it's clearly a player. How would they have the info necessary to identify which role the NK is etc?
So you think the "singer" is the same person every night?
Well, he sang about nutella two nights in a row, which given the relative lack of nutella suspicion in the thread seems like it would come from the same person. Plus, not everyone would get the same level of joy from writing these songs, and I think we'd be seeing a much greater diversity in the level of effort and success if it was a different person each night. I could be wrong, though.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

How many forced votes are there? You'd expect everyone to vote for G-man, no?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But I see your point, G-Man, about it being the host... this is a discussion we had a few days ago and we thought it would be odd that the host would write something that set out suspicions, but your theory as to how that could come about is possible.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:But I see your point, G-Man, about it being the host... this is a discussion we had a few days ago and we thought it would be odd that the host would write something that set out suspicions, but your theory as to how that could come about is possible.
Yeah, in my games, any time there was a role that could post suspicions, I had them write something up and I would re-write it so no one could determine the originator based on writing style. Besides, don't you think Dom's been dying to re-write show tune lyrics since his game is about musical theater? That's part of the fun of being the host of a themed game. :nicenod:
My Banners:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I guess I'll just vote as well
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

Sorry for not mentioning my vote earlier, G, I thought it was fairly obvious, I guess. You haven't made a single effort to convince anyone that you are civ all game, and I think you've just been having fun waiting to die, really.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote:having fun waiting to die, really.
Isn't that what life is all about? :noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Keep those votes coming! :feb:
My Banners:
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

G-Man wrote:Keep those votes coming! :feb:
happy to oblige :huh:
i knew there'd be a fair few votes on you but i didnt expect an avalanche

any last words gman?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

TinyBubbles wrote:

any last words gman?
Not yet. One more vote please. :feb:
My Banners:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

G-Man wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:

any last words gman?
Not yet. One more vote please. :feb:
Well, okay then :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Although...your nonchalance is most disconcerting, G-Man :eek:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

G-Man wrote:
Dom wrote:Disregard sig being on the poll.
This post raises a HUGE red flag. Dom is clearly trying to hide the fact that a baddie has been rezzed. I've got my eye on you, JerkSka. :eye: ;)
Haven't heard that nickname in a while. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: [Day 5] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Golden »

I'm not disconcerted by G-Mans nonchalance.

Apologies, I have one of those days at work - I haven't been around and doubt I will be again. Not sure how big or bad this thing is but it could even mean I'm quiet for a few days.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:How many forced votes are there? You'd expect everyone to vote for G-man, no?
Why? I hoped to hear from players (like Turnip Head) who have been quiet, and placing every single vote on the consensus lynchee early on in the day phase dissuades activity.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm not voting G-Man. My vote is moot anyway.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

From what I gather from this page, some think votes were forced? I was going to vote Gman, but now I want to exercise my right to vote however I want just cause I can. Tiny, I'm vote you!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

Also, if that was a dumb move I'll be back tomorrow and can change it. :D
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

'twould appear Gman has a commanding lead in the polls.

@Dom, are there any contingency plans in place to speed up Day in the event of unanimous voting early on?

I figure this situation is different, since people can still change votes, but uh...it doesn't look good for Gman any way you look at it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:'twould appear Gman has a commanding lead in the polls.

@Dom, are there any contingency plans in place to speed up Day in the event of unanimous voting early on?

I figure this situation is different, since people can still change votes, but uh...it doesn't look good for Gman any way you look at it.
Why should we speed up the day? What about those analyses you've promised us? :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Why should we speed up the day? What about those analyses you've promised us? :srsnod:
1) In due time when I go on vacation ~ Wednesday/onward
2) notice I'm not voting for Gman.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I do not think we will be speeding up any phases with the new Participation Score that's been introduced earlier this year. 7 players would miss the vote due to no fault of theirs.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I note that at some point Sloonei changed his vote from nutella to DFaraday. He is having an interesting day.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I guess silenced sloonei + busy golden + consensus lynch = dead thread.
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Neverwhere »

Sorry I've been quiet. Kids at church camp every day, internet on the fritz, fridge decided to die the hottest week of the year so far...Neverwhere's life is a little chaotic.

I am beginning to suspect nutella. I have for a few days now. There was one post in particular she made that sounded scummy as fuck to me...but I can't find it now because I'm afraid to leave this page. I guarantee you the minute I do, net will die.

I will be back as soon as Ireland's shitty internet services will allow.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Bullzeye »

Gonna self-vote for the time being since I have little idea of what's actually going on but since Dom hasn't been able to find a replacement and I'm now slightly free-er than I was, I will try my best to catch up and jump back in.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

1) In due time when I go on vacation ~ Wednesday/onward
2) notice I'm not voting for Gman.
Do you think we shouldn't vote for him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

I don't see any reason to speed up the day. It would be nice to get the results ASAP, but we could be talking about other suspects in this time. It seems like everyone, myself included, has been a bit busy and less active. (And as has been said having the chatty players silenced certainly isn't helping matters)
Gro-oo-ovy

Return to “Previous Jobs”