Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Guess Who? Mafia

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Also, I'm announcing now that I will vote for Missing Person if there is no avatar by the time I leave for the airport tomorrow.
Is that even a good idea? If Missing Person doesn't put an avatar she's just going to get modkilled, right?
Where did you get that idea?

Addendum: :ninja:
I didn't? It was just a guess. I've never played a game hosted by Elo so I don't know.
thellama73 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't see much point. She is essentially not playing the game. If it stays like that, she is probably just getting replaced for being inactive, or modkilled. Sounds like a waste of a lynch.
She's not going to get modkilled, because Eloh doesn't do those things. She might get replaced, but that doesn't make her more likely to be good. It's only a waste of a lynch if she is not mafia. Right now, we can't find out whether she is mafia or not, because she has robbed us of our only way of doing so by not having an avatar. Seems like the best option to me.
I just think going after the inactives is a cheap way of making a vote. Because it's essentially a guess, and one that is more likely to get a townie lynched than otherwise. At least with active players it's possible to analyse their posts or something.

If she puts an avatar or gets replaced, we'll then be able to ask questions about her avatar. Problem solved.

I'm more suspicious of people who try to direct the game's attention into lynching inactives. :eye:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 90

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: I just think going after the inactives is a cheap way of making a vote. Because it's essentially a guess, and one that is more likely to get a townie lynched than otherwise. At least with active players it's possible to analyse their posts or something.
Baseless assertion, backed by zero evidence. Why is lynching an inactive more likely to get a townie than lynching an active player? Of course, lynching any player is more likely to get a townie than a baddie, because there are more townies than baddies, but the idea that an inactive is less likely to be bad than anyone else is simply untrue.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: If she puts an avatar or gets replaced, we'll then be able to ask questions about her avatar. Problem solved.

I'm more suspicious of people who try to direct the game's attention into lynching inactives. :eye:
And voting for her until she puts up an avatar is a good way to incentivize the behavior I want. Lynching inactives is also a good way to have fewer inactives in this, and future games, which I like. If you think that makes me bad, vote for me, but don't pretend it is based on any kind of logic.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Also, I'm announcing now that I will vote for Missing Person if there is no avatar by the time I leave for the airport tomorrow.
Is that even a good idea? If Missing Person doesn't put an avatar she's just going to get modkilled, right?

I didn't? It was just a guess. I've never played a game hosted by Elo so I don't know.
That's a pretty specific guess.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Missing Person
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Missing Person »

My day getting to Seoul was horrible. Here now, going to read the thread and post my thoughts. I'll try to take a theme picture so give me a bit.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh hi, Missing Person. How are you?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

thellama73 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: I just think going after the inactives is a cheap way of making a vote. Because it's essentially a guess, and one that is more likely to get a townie lynched than otherwise. At least with active players it's possible to analyse their posts or something.
Baseless assertion, backed by zero evidence. Why is lynching an inactive more likely to get a townie than lynching an active player? Of course, lynching any player is more likely to get a townie than a baddie, because there are more townies than baddies, but the idea that an inactive is less likely to be bad than anyone else is simply untrue.
Sorry, you understood it wrong. I mean, the likehood of lynching a townie by lynching an inactive is higher than 50%. In other words, more likely than otherwise.

With active players, you could argue it's the same probability, but at least with active players we can possibly change the probability by looking at things like posts and vote patterns.
thellama73 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: If she puts an avatar or gets replaced, we'll then be able to ask questions about her avatar. Problem solved.

And voting for her until she puts up an avatar is a good way to incentivize the behavior I want. Lynching inactives is also a good way to have fewer inactives in this, and future games, which I like. If you think that makes me bad, vote for me, but don't pretend it is based on any kind of logic.
Well my goal here is to find mafia, not to fight inactivity, so I gotta disagree.
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

fingersplints wrote:Yay game. I don't plan on voting MP for not having an avatar. :meany:
This seems odd.

Why this leap to get on Roxy's good side?

I think the better line would be just simply not vote for me. Announcing it looks like a clamor for attention.

Looks scummy.
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

thellama73 wrote:Oh hi, Missing Person. How are you?
The better (and more interestng) question would be: How is Chinese immigration?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

That's a pretty specific guess.
I guess? The point wasn't exactly about her getting modkilled or replaced, but about her getting dealt with by the host so we wouldn't have to worry about figuring out her alignment by ourselves.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon, do you see how well my incentive technique worked? Threaten to lynch Missing Person if she doesn't show up, and lo and behold! She shows up.

The study of economics is indeed a profitable one.

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I was under the impression it was like the game therefore the pictures.
When I play Guess Who, I always ask about the backstories of the characters like "Does his job make him happy?"

I don't usually win.
Hi. Please come to my house and play Guess Who with me because I do EXACTLY this and it always pisses other people off and I'm all like "But why are we treating these people as if their whole existence and personhood and identity can be usefully embematized by their accessories and hair colour! It's a game that trains children to be dehumanizing! :omg: " and other people are like "Shut up you don't understand fun" and I'm like "Will no one think of the children" and other people are like "Does your person have a hat" and I'm like "THERE MUST BE MORE THAN THIS!" and other people are like kthanxbai game night is over. :sigh:
But you, llama, you seem to really understand the existential angst that underlies this game, and together we can chip away at these enigmatic images and discover just why Robert is so depressed, and what sort of challenges Peter faces in his daily life due to his unfortunate facial gigantism. :noble:

:P
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

How many hours left until deadline?

Don't try to do local time, my brain cannot math right now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Canucklehead wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I was under the impression it was like the game therefore the pictures.
When I play Guess Who, I always ask about the backstories of the characters like "Does his job make him happy?"

I don't usually win.
Hi. Please come to my house and play Guess Who with me because I do EXACTLY this and it always pisses other people off and I'm all like "But why are we treating these people as if their whole existence and personhood and identity can be usefully embematized by their accessories and hair colour! It's a game that trains children to be dehumanizing! :omg: " and other people are like "Shut up you don't understand fun" and I'm like "Will no one think of the children" and other people are like "Does your person have a hat" and I'm like "THERE MUST BE MORE THAN THIS!" and other people are like kthanxbai game night is over. :sigh:
But you, llama, you seem to really understand the existential angst that underlies this game, and together we can chip away at these enigmatic images and discover just why Robert is so depressed, and what sort of challenges Peter faces in his daily life due to his unfortunate facial gigantism. :noble:

:P
I've always wondered why Robert is so depressed. :confused2:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Missing Person wrote:How many hours left until deadline?

Don't try to do local time, my brain cannot math right now.
A bit less than 11 hours.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

thellama73 wrote:Dragon, do you see how well my incentive technique worked? Threaten to lynch Missing Person if she doesn't show up, and lo and behold! She shows up.

Well, I give you that. I still think the whole thing looked suspicious, but I'll wait till I see more. :smoky:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I've always wondered why Robert is so depressed. :confused2:
It's because of Eloh. She never cooks, she doesn't keep a clean house, she smokes and she drinks and she talks profanely! She's the queen of the harpies! QUEEN OF THE HARPIES. HERE'S YOUR CROWN, YOUR MAJESTY.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Dragon, do you see how well my incentive technique worked? Threaten to lynch Missing Person if she doesn't show up, and lo and behold! She shows up.

Well, I give you that. I still think the whole thing looked suspicious, but I'll wait till I see more. :smoky:
Better men than you have tried to crucify me for my adherence to the Apollo Doctrine.

Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

This also looks bad to me, but I'm conceited.

Anyway, when I had said I would be legit AFK due to flying into Seoul, and there's threats to lynch me for being AFK, that's not a good look.

llama or fingersplints: There's a mafia between the two of them. Bet that.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Missing Person wrote:

Anyway, when I had said I would be legit AFK due to flying into Seoul, and there's threats to lynch me for being AFK, that's not a good look.

Actually, I threatened to lynch you for not having an avatar, which you still don't have. Not for being AFK.

Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

Roxy, leaning town. I like the initiative, and mafia hardlining a stance there is terribad. Sticks your neck way too far out to be chopped off if I flip mafia.
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

thellama73 wrote:
Missing Person wrote:

Actually, I threatened to lynch you for not having an avatar, which you still don't have. Not for being AFK.
You didn't in the quote I posted.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@MP: How is Roxy town for openly defending you while splints is mafia for the same reason?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by fingersplints »

Missing Person wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Yay game. I don't plan on voting MP for not having an avatar. :meany:
This seems odd.

I think the better line would be just simply not vote for me. Announcing it looks like a clamor for attention.

Looks scummy.
Not leaping to get on anyone's good side. I've made it clear I don't like voting new or returning players, so I said its pretty unsurprising for me to agree with Roxy about not to like voting for someone just for not having an avatar immediately

I would have made the same point, and Rox would have agreed with me had I been a bit earlier to the thread. Same discussion different game
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Missing Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Missing Person wrote:

You didn't in the quote I posted.
That wasn't the threat, that was an after the fact, oversimplified summary of the threat to make a point to Dragon.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

fingersplints wrote: Not leaping to get on anyone's good side. I've made it clear I don't like voting new or returning players, so I said its pretty unsurprising for me to agree with Roxy about not to like voting for someone just for not having an avatar immediately

I would have made the same point, and Rox would have agreed with me had I been a bit earlier to the thread. Same discussion different game
How does that apply here since Missing Person is neither new nor returning? Did I miss a memo? Is it "Make Up Your Own Facts Day"?

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Having only played one game with extreme posting restrictions is still new to me. When did I say that new means the first game? ;)
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

fingersplints wrote:Having only played one game with extreme posting restrictions is still new to me. When did I say that new means the first game? ;)
I read it in your eyes.

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

Eloh, is there a reason for the disrupted ordering of the pictures in the player graphic? I see the first three columns proceed in alphabetical order going across but then it jumps to the top of the fourth column and goes down in order. Was that just to keep the image balanced better visually? I'm not complaining about being sandwiched between the hotness of Splints and Golden the Coward ;) (seriously dude, you should consider keeping that pic permanently- it's awesome) but the layout does deprive me of leading off row #2. :bounce:

Missing Person wrote:Image

My day getting to Seoul was horrible. Here now, going to read the thread and post my thoughts. I'll try to take a theme picture so give me a bit.
Channeling Kramer? Had you done something like this...
...I'd have been impressed enough to take you off my list of options for the day.

And then the thread explodes with posts. :disappoint:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

G-Man wrote:Eloh, is there a reason for the disrupted ordering of the pictures in the player graphic? I see the first three columns proceed in alphabetical order going across but then it jumps to the top of the fourth column and goes down in order. Was that just to keep the image balanced better visually? I'm not complaining about being sandwiched between the hotness of Splints and Golden the Coward ;) (seriously dude, you should consider keeping that pic permanently- it's awesome) but the layout does deprive me of leading off row #2. :bounce:
Forget it Elo, I was wrong. The first 9x9 box is in order but the first three in the bottom row are not. It's the accountant in me looking for order and meaning in things that require neither. :rolleyes:
My Banners:
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

thellama73 wrote:
fingersplints wrote: Not leaping to get on anyone's good side. I've made it clear I don't like voting new or returning players, so I said its pretty unsurprising for me to agree with Roxy about not to like voting for someone just for not having an avatar immediately

How does that apply here since Missing Person is neither new nor returning? Did I miss a memo? Is it "Make Up Your Own Facts Day"?
This right here.

Probably locking on splints.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Missing Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

This right here.

I can see your point on splints being suspicious, but I'm still wondering why you think Roxy is really that different from her. She pulled the same newbie argument.
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Missing Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

This right here.

I can see your point on splints being suspicious, but I'm still wondering why you think Roxy is really that different from her. She pulled the same newbie argument.
I don't see the similarity, aside from "Newbie," which is errata, since IIRC she was in Omerta.

The difference lies where Roxy stuck her neck out to where IF I flip mafia, she looks bad. The flipside there is that when I flip civ, she looks bad, but I feel like both sides are too obvious for it to be mafia.

Splints just basically jumps onto this "I sure hope Senpai notices me" shtick to implore Roxy not to lynch her. That's what I don't like.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by timmer »

Interesting day is interesting.

Missing Person, how are ya? I haven't played a game with you in forever!

Feeling good about llama.

Wondering about splints. Wondering more about why Roxy gets a pass but splints gets the :eye:. I know MP is answering that already, I'm just not sure I dig it.
My siggie.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

If I am suspicious for thinking it is unfair to vote a newer player for a silly reason like he hasn't been able to upload an avatar yet then so be it. If that is how we will be hunting baddies probably for the best to get rid of me now anyways because I will never agree that that is a good way to go about it :)
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

fingersplints wrote:If I am suspicious for thinking it is unfair to vote a newer player for a silly reason like he hasn't been able to upload an avatar yet then so be it. If that is how we will be hunting baddies probably for the best to get rid of me now anyways because I will never agree that that is a good way to go about it :)
Glad you're okay with getting lynched early. My plan is to vote out the people who are better looking than me. Considering that everyone is better looking than me, I'm glad somebody stepped forward and volunteered to go first. It makes my Day 1 decision that much easier. :)

*votes splints*
My Banners:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

They WERE all in alphabetical order until Neverwhere backed out. I had a three-across picture and it was perfect. I wanted three across so it wouldn't be cut off for those of you who are higher up in the tech world using tiny tablets/phones. However, when the game got cut back down to 16, I decided it lokked best to do four across. This picture was done in Paint (I'm quite low in the tech world, but I can rock it out in Paint) and the blue and red question-marked backgrounds were actually quite small and I had to piece them together like a puzzle to get it to work right. I put too much time into it to begin again and put everyone in alphabetical order. This is what happens when you are a type A person and you begin things early on during signups. Sometimes (maybe like .01% of the time) I wish I had a little bit of procrastination in my blood.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

How type A of you indeed. You and my wife would get along. I now have a much better appreciation for Epi. :consoling:

Kidding! :P

Sort of.
My Banners:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

G-Man wrote:How type A of you indeed. You and my wife would get along. I now have a much better appreciation for Epi. :consoling:

Kidding! :P

Sort of.
Oh, but I have to deal with HIS procrastination. :p Truth is, we balance each other out and after about 15.5 years together we have rubbed off on one another a bit.

And I looked back at it. Looks like everyone in the first three columns are in alphabetical order except for Turnip Head. So if you then go up to the fourth column, and go down, those are in alphabetical order. I just put Turnip Head (the last person alphabetically) in Neverwhere's spot since his name and Neverwhere's name is about the same length. Haha!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:Also, Missing Person is not a newbie. She played Omerta Mafia. So Roxy's "protecting newbies" stance is mistaken at best, and intentionally misleading at worst.
Um I think you hosted that game so you should remember every one of my 3 posts as I died N 1 I did not remember anything from that game bc I died waaayyy before my time.
In context your arguement holds no water imho.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

thellama73 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't see much point. She is essentially not playing the game. If it stays like that, she is probably just getting replaced for being inactive, or modkilled. Sounds like a waste of a lynch.
She's not going to get modkilled, because Eloh doesn't do those things. She might get replaced, but that doesn't make her more likely to be good. It's only a waste of a lynch if she is not mafia. Right now, we can't find out whether she is mafia or not, because she has robbed us of our only way of doing so by not having an avatar. Seems like the best option to me.
I just think going after the inactives is a cheap way of making a vote. Because it's essentially a guess, and one that is more likely to get a townie lynched than otherwise. At least with active players it's possible to analyse their posts or something.

If she puts an avatar or gets replaced, we'll then be able to ask questions about her avatar. Problem solved.

I'm more suspicious of people who try to direct the game's attention into lynching inactives.
:eye:
I agree with Dragon inre: the bolded portion. It is an easy way out of taking responsilbility for his own vote. He can later just say "Golly I guess he should have gotten an avaatar and proved he wants to play. My vote was his fault omg!"
thellama wrote:Baseless assertion, backed by zero evidence. Why is lynching an inactive more likely to get a townie than lynching an active player? Of course, lynching any player is more likely to get a townie than a baddie, because there are more townies than baddies, but the idea that an inactive is less likely to be bad than anyone else is simply untrue
Do you have proof to back up your certainty?
Missing Person wrote:
This seems odd.

Looks scummy.
She does not have to leap to get on my good side - ever lol
If she had came in here first she would have said the same thing I did and you would thn have been suspicious of me lol
G-Man wrote:
fingersplints wrote:If I am suspicious for thinking it is unfair to vote a newer player for a silly reason like he hasn't been able to upload an avatar yet then so be it. If that is how we will be hunting baddies probably for the best to get rid of me now anyways because I will never agree that that is a good way to go about it :)
Glad you're okay with getting lynched early. My plan is to vote out the people who are better looking than me. Considering that everyone is better looking than me, I'm glad somebody stepped forward and volunteered to go first. It makes my Day 1 decision that much easier. :)

*votes splints*
Looks like I may be voting Gman bc of his vote and his reasoning. It feels very baddie-ish.

But we have time and someone could do something worse.
;)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man did not vote, though. Guess he was trying to pressure her.

He has a point though, defeatist posts like this one splints made usually point out to mafia. Townies don't give up that easily.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:G-Man did not vote, though. Guess he was trying to pressure her.

He has a point though, defeatist posts like this one splints made usually point out to mafia. Townies don't give up that easily.
It's Day 1. How is anyone being defeatist?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Roxy wrote:I agree with Dragon inre: the bolded portion. It is an easy way out of taking responsilbility for his own vote. He can later just say "Golly I guess he should have gotten an avaatar and proved he wants to play. My vote was his fault omg!"
In a game this small I can see the logic of not voting for a low-poster or an inactive player. Statistically speaking, every vote is going to matter quite a bit in this game seeing as it's 12 against 4. Our advantage over the baddies will drop very quickly if we don't nab one of them the first two days. If this were a full game, I would argue that going after low-posters and non-participants makes sense. It seems that in my years away from the game that this philosophy has changed. Can anyone tell me when and why that changed?

Roxy wrote:
G-Man wrote:

*votes splints*
Looks like I may be voting Gman bc of his vote and his reasoning. It feels very baddie-ish.

But we have time and someone could do something worse.
:haha:

Should I have put that in sarcastic orange perhaps?
My Banners:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:G-Man did not vote, though. Guess he was trying to pressure her.

I have as a townie.

These kind of blanket statements without any back up is silly.

Townies give up as much as baddies do.
It has more to do with rl than whether bad or good.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Gman - sarcastic orange would be good.
;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Did the mafia buy coffee for a girl one night?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:
thellama wrote:Baseless assertion, backed by zero evidence. Why is lynching an inactive more likely to get a townie than lynching an active player? Of course, lynching any player is more likely to get a townie than a baddie, because there are more townies than baddies, but the idea that an inactive is less likely to be bad than anyone else is simply untrue
Do you have proof to back up your certainty?
I don't need to, since I am not the one making a positive claim and that's not how burden of proof works, and it's also no longer relevant since Dragon explained what he meant, but sure, I'll play.
Elohcin wrote: There 16 players in this speed game. 12 players are civilians and 4 players are Mafia.
The probability of any player being bad is therefore 4 / 12 = 0.33, so the odds of lynching a civilian from a random vote are 2/3. Regarding the second part of my sentence, if if Missing Person had not yet checked in at the time, and her role was assigned randomly, then her odds of being bad are no better or worse than anyone else's. We would not expect any behavior to tip her hand, because a) there was no behavior to observe and b) she herself would not know her role yet (having not checked in.)

QED

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Roxy wrote:

I have as a townie.

These kind of blanket statements without any back up is silly.

Townies give up as much as baddies do.
It has more to do with rl than whether bad or good.
Well, I'm speaking from my own experience here. Don't know about yours. Last game I played in my forum TWO mafiosos gave up when they were being lynched.

But the thing is, they weren't necessarily giving up. They were probably just attempting to make people give up on lynching them by looking distressed. One of them even threatened to use an ability to redirect the lynch into a confirmed townie.

But town usually has no reason to do that. Specially in a game like this where town has to survive to win.

So I'm talking about giving up in terms of in-game strategy. Real life is an entirely different matter, and I have no business trying to analyse that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote:

It's Day 1. How is anyone being defeatist?
It's the vibe splints's post gave me. The whole "go ahead lynch me" is what I usually call defeatist.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

When did Gman make this point you are agreeing with about my "defeatist post"
also when did I give up? All I said was I was never going to agree with that

I disagree that they usually point to mafia. you have made a similar point in other games (economics) and were proven wrong there too

You will probably be getting my vote.

Linki
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Guys, an awful lot of people haven't even checked in yet. Settle down.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”