55%

Total votes: 11
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Guess Who? Mafia

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

And seriously, G-Man, this time you're contradicting yourself. You can't say this:
8. There was never any momentum for a Golden lynch- just weak or non-stated reasons.
After saying this:
6. Whatever momentum there was for voting Golden stalled out halfway through the votes.
You clearly said you think there was momentum for a Golden lynch. Yes, you admitted it was stalled, but that's the exact same thing I'm saying. Now you're going back with it to implicate me?

You can't say something and then pretend you didn't so you can get someone lynched. If anything, that looks like a cheap way from your part of trying to start a bandwagon.

DId you actually make your technicolor thingy because you wanted people to read it, or did you make it just to try to make it look like you have opinions and then hopefully use it to drive the thread in the direction you want?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:I want to vote MM, and would do so if I thought I could definitely do it safely right now. But I'm wary of the possibility of needing to use my vote in self-defence again, so I'm holding it for now.

@DDL - I was third to get to equal two votes, which I suppose you could call 'leading' but really I believe momentum is better judged by the thread.
The whole thing is subjective, but you can't say there was "zero" momentum. There was some, and THEN it died down.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:7. Quiet Epi is quiet. :scared:
I don't think I've been quiet.
Ultimately, it feels like you've been quiet, even if you are near the top of the post count.

Other notes from my re-read:
Roxy wrote:Well thats a bummer bc I wanted to play with Ricochet :( I was feeling good vibes from him

I wonder if he made someone nervous with his mad mafia skillz :ponder:

He could have made any of the TH voters quite nervous llama, Gman, Daisy and BR. I got the feeling he was more suspicious of llama and Gman than the girls. But I think we should consider all of them.

I still have not forgotten about Golden and his play Day 1.
Call me crazy but this whole post just sounds so false to me. Like she's trying to put up a front of helpfulness by nudging us in the direction of people who voted for a very logical choice.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:G-Man: 90% of what this guy says should be green or orange. Seriously. Other than that, there's some discussion on whether to lynch inactives or not, followed by the second vote on TH. Consistent, but lacking any bigger contribution to the game. Well, this is a guy who claims not to take the game seriously, but I can't help but think he was a lot more active and useful in Economics. There, he was posting reads and arguing with people everyday, which I'm not seeing much here. Leaning baddie on this one.
:haha:
I'm sorry. *gasp* I just *gasp* find this hilarious! I'm pretty sure you were one of the people who hated my picture posting in Economics and thought it was more distracting than useful.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yes I did, but you're even worse in this game. You pretty much only started playing it one hour ago.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 118

Post by Golden »

Vote anaylsis. Thread analysis. Two different things. It's great to see where they align and where they don't.

I'm more and more seeing a vote for DDL as a possibility here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:Vote anaylsis. Thread analysis. Two different things. It's great to see where they align and where they don't.

I'm more and more seeing a vote for DDL as a possibility here.
Sure thing. But the one I'm talking about is the former, not the later.

And the former is the one that gets baddies killed, not the later. The former would require a save from mafia if more people listened to Roxy and decided to take you down. Talk about the thread all you want, if one or two small voters suddenly showed up and said they wanted you dead, you'd be dead. You can't hide that.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And seriously, G-Man, this time you're contradicting yourself. You can't say this:
8. There was never any momentum for a Golden lynch- just weak or non-stated reasons.
After saying this:
6. Whatever momentum there was for voting Golden stalled out halfway through the votes.
You clearly said you think there was momentum for a Golden lynch. Yes, you admitted it was stalled, but that's the exact same thing I'm saying. Now you're going back with it to implicate me?

You can't say something and then pretend you didn't so you can get someone lynched. If anything, that looks like a cheap way from your part of trying to start a bandwagon.

DId you actually make your technicolor thingy because you wanted people to read it, or did you make it just to try to make it look like you have opinions and then hopefully use it to drive the thread in the direction you want?
Very sneaky there Dragon but you're ignoring the context.

My first comment you quoted was from a raw, votes-only analysis. Two votes in a reasonably short time frame can give the appearance of momentum. I wanted to go back and see if there was any.

My second comment you quoted is from after I read the Day 1 posts and found that there was no momentum for a Golden lynch.

Data doesn't lie but it can be manipulated. You, Dragon, are manipulating my words. Stop manipulating my data!

My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The reason why you changed your mind isn't what is important here, it's the fact you are accusing me being bad for holding an opinion you held yourself at some point.

One possibility is that you're mafia trying to get me lynched. But if you're town, then at the very least it means you're being sloppy. Because your whole reason for lynching me is based on the fact I said something you disagree with, even though you said the same thing a little before. Sure, the context means you weren't as informed as you were when you changed your mind, but you can't just declare every person who says something you disagree with a mafioso and do it again every time you change your opinion.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The whole thing wasn't completely objective, to be honest. I tried to find things in people's posts that could mean something, and then gave my general impression about them. There is logic but there is also the gut feeling element. The whole point was to see if I could throw some points on the wall and see if anyone sticks, than actually making an objective spreadshit of how people are playing.
Spreadshit is right. :srsnod:

Throwing mud to see what sticks is a classic baddie ploy. you even admit yourself that it isn't completely objective lol

The game you have going on here is very different from Economics - it feels as if you are not quite sure where to point bc you *know* wherever you point it will be at a civ.

This response is enough to have earned my vote.
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:One possibility is that you're mafia trying to get me lynched. But if you're town, then at the very least it means you're being sloppy.
And the other possibilities are...? That G-Man is independent? Nope. Don't see any of those.

It's equivocal posts like this that I look for, especially early on. "Maybe this, maybe that." That, plus some of the unscrupulous claims you made Day 1, like fingersplints being a defeatist?

I've already said I am most suspicious of Black Rock and DDL.

Guess who got my vote?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Gman sorry if I sound false perhaps you should reread my posts bc I have not said anything I have not said before in other games.

Seems you want to see me as bad I would like to know why.
;)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Roxy wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The whole thing wasn't completely objective, to be honest. I tried to find things in people's posts that could mean something, and then gave my general impression about them. There is logic but there is also the gut feeling element. The whole point was to see if I could throw some points on the wall and see if anyone sticks, than actually making an objective spreadshit of how people are playing.
Spreadshit is right. :srsnod:

Throwing mud to see what sticks is a classic baddie ploy. you even admit yourself that it isn't completely objective lol
I did the exact same thing in economics. I even remember using the exact same words. It's about trying to put new ideas on the table to see if anything could produce reactions that would make someone get lynched, or change the game flow to a direction that could hit mafia. It's how I operate, I keep changing targets so I can explore every possibility.
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:One possibility is that you're mafia trying to get me lynched. But if you're town, then at the very least it means you're being sloppy.
And the other possibilities are...? That G-Man is independent? Nope. Don't see any of those.

It's equivocal posts like this that I look for, especially early on. "Maybe this, maybe that." That, plus some of the unscrupulous claims you made Day 1, like fingersplints being a defeatist?

I've already said I am most suspicious of Black Rock and DDL.

Guess who got my vote?
ffs Epi, you're claiming I did the same thing you were calling me out for in economics. This shit again?

Honestly it feels less like you guys are reading my alignment and more like you have something against my playstyle.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yes, this shit again.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote:Yes, this shit again.
Then I suppose I gotta dig into that thread and quote one of the one million posts where I explain why I like to explore multiple possibilities when I talk about things? Points which you did agree with?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DDL, you style does feel different to economics. In that game, it felt like you were quite perceptive to me, and you set out making perceptive posts to shine a light in different directions. I'm not seeing that here, it feels more like you are fighting arguments in your corner and refusing to see other perspectives even when people are making legitimate counter points.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Yes, this shit again.
Then I suppose I gotta dig into that thread and quote one of the one million posts where I explain why I like to explore multiple possibilities when I talk about things? Points which you did agree with?
"You could either be bad or you could be good."

Those are possibilities you like to explore and feel the need to post?

:suspish:

With what points did I agree?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Enjoy the read:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't think you've been calling people "scummy" left and right. I think you've been downright blendy. Posting a lot, but saying little. And yes, planting outs for yourself.
Well, if you think my posts say little, then there's nothing I can do. I'm saying what I have to say. Now, posting a lot is something I always do in those games, I'm not afraid of saying everything that comes to my mind even if I think it has a low chance of being useful. Imo, more information is always better.

As for the outs, I guess it's just how my style is. I've been spending the last few hours thinking about that, and I think it's because of a few things:

First I'm an analytical person. I like to consider every possibility when I say something, and I like to mention every possibility because I don't want to leave room for mafia to do something I don't expect them to do. So if I say I think someone is town for a reason, I'll also mention the possibility that they are faking it or something else, because I don't want people to miss that possibility and trust my read 100% (and I want to remind myself not to do that either).

Second, I'm a person who feels very bad about offending others. Doesn't mean I never offend others, but when I do I tend to feel bad about myself almost immediately, and I will avoid doing it if I can. So when I accuse someone, there's always a voice in my head telling me that I may be offending the guy, and that I should probably leave a comment to show that I'm also considering the possibility of them being town. You may think that as a bad thing in mafia if you want, but that's just how I am. It doesn't stop me from accusing people when I think it's necessary, though.

Well this is starting to look like some kind of therapy. I think we got to the point where either you believe that's how my style is, or you don't. There isn't much I can do to prove it. :shrug:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dragon - I do not remember you scraping together a list that you say is not completely objective - I do remember you giving thoughts on players with quotey posts and linkys that *was* objective. What you posted in this game is very different than that game.
Sure you change targets everyone does in mafia but that has nothing to do with your mudslinging post imo. I have nothing against how you play (I would even say you are more subdued in this game) what I am noting is this is a very different game than Economics for you.

Your response to me and Epi (and Gman for that matter) feel like a baddie being caught out.
;)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:DDL, you style does feel different to economics. In that game, it felt like you were quite perceptive to me, and you set out making perceptive posts to shine a light in different directions. I'm not seeing that here, it feels more like you are fighting arguments in your corner and refusing to see other perspectives even when people are making legitimate counter points.
I'm not gonna change my opinions just because somebody said they see them as evidence for me being scum. If you wanna convince me of something, do that with otes, not just threatening to lynch me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Roxy wrote:Your response to me and Epi (and Gman for that matter) feel like a baddie being caught out.
What about me :puppy:

:p

linki - voting DDL. I can't even begin to understand why you would say that the only way to convince you is by voting you. Wth?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sorry I said "votes" I was actually meaning to say "arguments"
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm kind of typing fast here so I can keep arguing with everyone and I'm making some mistakes.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm kind of typing fast here so I can keep arguing with everyone and I'm making some mistakes.
That mistake was a pretty big one, no?

In any event, you weren't hearing arguments anyway. I said you were "refusing to see other perspectives even when people are making legitimate counter points". Thats my point. People WERE making legitimate counter points, and I think economics DDL would have considered them more carefully.

The biggest black mark against you, though, from my perspective, was jumping on the G-Man comment about there being momentum in voting for me yesterday. Because no matter how you slice it, if you read the thread it's clear that there just wasn't.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Roxy wrote:Dragon - I do not remember you scraping together a list that you say is not completely objective - I do remember you giving thoughts on players with quotey posts and linkys that *was* objective. What you posted in this game is very different than that game.
Sure you change targets everyone does in mafia but that has nothing to do with your mudslinging post imo. I have nothing against how you play (I would even say you are more subdued in this game) what I am noting is this is a very different game than Economics for you.

Your response to me and Epi (and Gman for that matter) feel like a baddie being caught out.
I did come up with a read on everybody during D1. I did not outright say it was subjective, but nobody had called me out on that so I did not feel the need to.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm kind of typing fast here so I can keep arguing with everyone and I'm making some mistakes.
That mistake was a pretty big one, no?

In any event, you weren't hearing arguments anyway. I said you were "refusing to see other perspectives even when people are making legitimate counter points". Thats my point. People WERE making legitimate counter points, and I think economics DDL would have considered them more carefully.

The biggest black mark against you, though, from my perspective, was jumping on the G-Man comment about there being momentum in voting for me yesterday. Because no matter how you slice it, if you read the thread it's clear that there just wasn't.
I may listen to your counter points but I have no obligation to agree with them. Yes, I'm a stubborn person. Deal with it.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 90

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon is a smooth criminal. Down he goes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

Less than an hour to vote. :D
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Spacedaisy »

I see DDL is our lynch candidate today.im behind and don't know all the ins and outs of it, but I trust you all if that is the way you want to go. That said, I'm voting for Golden. I said he was my number two suspect and that has not changed. His cases feel very manufactured to me, and very much like reaching,this is not the norm for Golden IMO. Here is the biggest example in my mind:
Golden wrote:RIP TH. "Turnip Head has been put down" sounds way more intense than it actually is.

I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia, but I do agree with the sentiment that inactive civilians make the game harder for the civs.

The other interesting thing is that, in a game with no roles, it almost sounds like there was a tie between DDL and TH. I wonder if there could have been an extra vote going on somewhere in there?
He cut it after "would have been better if we caught mafia"

But here is my problem, MM was not suggesting suspicion of you, but you made it out like he was. His posts were a commentary on our method for choosing our Day one lynch, nothing about you. You seem like you are looking for something that can be painted bad rather than actually suspecting someone naturally. Sorry man, I'm just not buying it.

I'm casting a statement vote on Golden. I think after the DDL lynch we should take a serious look at him.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Daisy - MM had been after me the whole day before, cast his vote on me, and then continued to hound me afterwards, and you think he was NOT casting suspicion on me by it?

I do not remember you saying I was my number two suspect, so I'll look back on that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

A full 50% of people didn't vote. Come on people! Where are you all?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The host will be with us momentarily once she finishes cleaning up the kitchen. :)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Spacedaisy »

No Golden, I don't think that particular comment was intended to cast suspicion like you are trying to make it seem. And I don't find your arguments about suspicions thus far to feel very genuine. I don't normally feel that way about you either, thus my vote.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

Day 2 Result

Majority rules! Dragon D. Luffy has been put down. He was a member of the Guess Who mafia.

You have 23 hours to submit your night action.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK Daisy, I'll give you this. You did say yesterday that I was 'probably' your 'number two option for today' (yesterday).

But you claimed I was reaching for my suspicions. What suspicions was I reaching for? How was I reaching? I don't understand your suspicion on me at all, and you haven't explained it. You just called your vote a 'statement vote' on me - what statement are you trying to make?

And can I suggest you go back and read MMs posts before trying to claim that they weren't him expressing suspicion in me, because they absolutely were.

linki - BIH DDL! Good job!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Damn. Well can't say I didn't try. :p

Turns out being mafia in this forum was a lot harder than I initially expected.

Thanks for the awesome game, Elo! I surely had a blast. THis is gonna be a fun game to watch till the end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:No Golden, I don't think that particular comment was intended to cast suspicion like you are trying to make it seem.
Well in that case, let me show you something...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia
Yes, yes it would have...

But would we really have caught him?
First things first - I've already explained how this question misrepresented my post. Did you read that? The place where he snipped it completely altered the meaning of my sentence, to the point where the question you are saying was a 'commentary on our method' DELIBERATELY cut out the part of MY post that was a commentary on our method. Look:
Golden wrote:I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia, but I do agree with the sentiment that inactive civilians make the game harder for the civs.
He changed that from me commenting on my own view of the method, to me apparently wishing we had 'caught' TH as a mafia.

But lets go on, if you really think it was aimed at the whole thread, and not just me...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia

I'm not a big fan of cryptic, but I'm much less of a fan of you chopping off my quote mid-sentence. Why?
:shrug:

I await an answer Matt Stone.
Matt Stone is what bubbles called me after I uploaded this avatar. It was not general commentary to everyone. It was a specific question he wanted ME to answer, specifically. Why was he wanting me to make a specific response if it was 'commentary on our method' and not 'interrogation of golden'?

Then this:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:An answer to what? Your question doesn't make sense to me.
Would we really have "caught" a baddie if we lynched him on Day 0 because we expected him to be inactive and he hasn't posted yet? I think we'd be giving ourselves too much credit.
As noted, this is where he full on misrepresents what I said, since I never talked about 'if TH was mafia'. I was posting in the world of who actually is bad in this game, not trying to make a post about a theoretical world in which TH was actually mafia, which is completely irrelevant.

By the way, when I answered the question he asked like so:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Would we really have "caught" a baddie if we lynched him on Day 0 because we expected him to be inactive and he hasn't posted yet? I think we'd be giving ourselves too much credit.
If a mafia is dead, he is dead. I don't care whether we deserve credit or not.
He immediately dropped it and never raised it again. Instead, he just decided to start manipulating another of my posts...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:Hardly anything has happened and tomorrow is basically going to be wake up, catch up, vote since the poll closes while I'm at church.

My thoughts right now - I'd vote MM, or one of the TH voters given a compelling case. Currently I don't see one on G-Man, but what has been said about the other three I have seen merit in points made against them all. MP is not really in my bad books right at the moment (he got his avatar up) but he joins the list of people I want to hear more from.

Still want to hear more from hedgeowl, daisy, ninja (although at least she has talked since the NK), MP. I know it's that time of year and people like timmer have expressed they won't be around as much. But this reminds me a bit of omerta. It could get out of hand quite quickly.
But... But... Why do why do we have to convince you who to vote?
Look, he's even getting cutesy about it with his 'buts' at the start... there isn't anything about this which is MM trying to commentate. He was deliberately setting out to try and provoke reactions from me, and to get others to look at me.

People who have played with me a lot know that you can often get me to hang myself by making me talk more. Everything MM has done to me in this game has been setting bait for me, and even in a world where he is civilian it is certainly aimed square at me and is NOT generic commentary to the thread in the slightest.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fun fact: this is the first time I've ever got lynched as mafioso.

(well technically there were others but I survived both of them thanks to abilities)
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Ricochet »

MUGIWARAAA! Thanks for the compliments. :grrr:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Black Rock »

Sorry I missed the vote, even with 48 hours. I just got home and unpacked from the Rodeo. I'm exhausted. Good job getting a Mafia.

Epignosis, I will have to review the first lynch to really understand how I voted at a very key moment. When I looked at the poll it doesn't show that so it must be thread based. The person who voted before me and after me were aware that my vote was indeed going on TH. I do admit my vote was easy and maybe a little selfish. It was day one and I went on a whim.
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The reason why you changed your mind isn't what is important here, it's the fact you are accusing me being bad for holding an opinion you held yourself at some point.

One possibility is that you're mafia trying to get me lynched. But if you're town, then at the very least it means you're being sloppy. Because your whole reason for lynching me is based on the fact I said something you disagree with, even though you said the same thing a little before. Sure, the context means you weren't as informed as you were when you changed your mind, but you can't just declare every person who says something you disagree with a mafioso and do it again every time you change your opinion.
Where I think the problem lies in your reasoning (and what ultimately brought you down) is that you assumed my comment about "momentum" on Golden from my votes-only analysis was something I believed in. Those initial comments were even described as observations. There is a big, big difference between an observation and a belief. I never said I believed that there was momentum on Golden; I merely stated that any momentum evaporated very quickly. I even said that I needed to re-read the thread. That re-read was partly to verify that there was any momentum on Golden.

You jokingly told me after my statistical analysis of Econ Mafia (my computation of the likelihood that one of the original Mafia team would have a baddie role again after the reset) that I wasn't very good at statistics. I got an A+ in Elementary Stats in college and was almost a math major. One of the many things I took away from that class was that association does not imply causation. Two votes close together can appear like momentum but it is just an association. Just because the vote order makes it look like there may have been momentum does not mean there ever was any momentum.

I think it was you who was just a hair sloppy in jumping on my comment. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. You didn't believe it and I think that came through. Lesson learned- you know what happens when you assume. And thanks to Biblical Mafia, I know asses pretty well!

Good game though. You will undoubtedly learn from this and make for a very formidable baddie the next time. :nicenod: :scared:

Roxy wrote:Gman sorry if I sound false perhaps you should reread my posts bc I have not said anything I have not said before in other games.

Seems you want to see me as bad I would like to know why.
Perhaps you're right. I think I came into this game and Economics looking more negatively about everyone I've known from forums past. I guess I just know you guys are all awesome and I don't want to get snookered. It served me fairly well in Economics though, so I didn't see a need to let it go. For the record, I still don't. Take it as a compliment. :D

Golden wrote:A full 50% of people didn't vote. Come on people! Where are you all?
Yeah, this is shameful you guys. Our voter turnout percentage was worse than the voter turnout in the last four United States presidential elections. :disappoint:
Think of your P-Scores!

Elohcin wrote:
Day 2 Result

Majority rules! Dragon D. Luffy has been put down. He was a member of the Guess Who mafia.

You have 23 hours to submit your night action.
My Banners:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Fuck the p scores! lol
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:A full 50% of people didn't vote.
Elohcin wrote:Majority rules!
wat
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Oh fuckity fuckballs, I missed the vote! (I literally just said this out loud. I haven't missed a vote in ages :disappoint: ) I apologize to my fellow players and the almighty hostess for my behavior. I haven't even had a chance to read what I've missed (I've been moving furniture up three flights of stairs all weekend/blowing shit up for the Fourth) but I see Mr. Luffy has been caught. Most excellent. When I'm settled I'll catch up and check back in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Hedgeowl »

I see I am not the only vote loser. Sorry, this weekend got way too busy and my little guy has decided bedtimes are for babies, so my evening mafia time has been usurped.

Back in the saddle this week though. congrats on the lynch to everyone who took him down!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by timmer »

Sorry guys, I thought we had more time than this. :(
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:No Golden, I don't think that particular comment was intended to cast suspicion like you are trying to make it seem.
Well in that case, let me show you something...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

First things first - I've already explained how this question misrepresented my post. Did you read that? The place where he snipped it completely altered the meaning of my sentence, to the point where the question you are saying was a 'commentary on our method' DELIBERATELY cut out the part of MY post that was a commentary on our method. Look:
Golden wrote:I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia, but I do agree with the sentiment that inactive civilians make the game harder for the civs.
He changed that from me commenting on my own view of the method, to me apparently wishing we had 'caught' TH as a mafia.

But lets go on, if you really think it was aimed at the whole thread, and not just me...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I'm not a big fan of cryptic, but I'm much less of a fan of you chopping off my quote mid-sentence. Why?
:shrug:

I await an answer Matt Stone.
Matt Stone is what bubbles called me after I uploaded this avatar. It was not general commentary to everyone. It was a specific question he wanted ME to answer, specifically. Why was he wanting me to make a specific response if it was 'commentary on our method' and not 'interrogation of golden'?

Then this:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
As noted, this is where he full on misrepresents what I said, since I never talked about 'if TH was mafia'. I was posting in the world of who actually is bad in this game, not trying to make a post about a theoretical world in which TH was actually mafia, which is completely irrelevant.

By the way, when I answered the question he asked like so:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
If a mafia is dead, he is dead. I don't care whether we deserve credit or not.
He immediately dropped it and never raised it again. Instead, he just decided to start manipulating another of my posts...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:Hardly anything has happened and tomorrow is basically going to be wake up, catch up, vote since the poll closes while I'm at church.

My thoughts right now - I'd vote MM, or one of the TH voters given a compelling case. Currently I don't see one on G-Man, but what has been said about the other three I have seen merit in points made against them all. MP is not really in my bad books right at the moment (he got his avatar up) but he joins the list of people I want to hear more from.

Still want to hear more from hedgeowl, daisy, ninja (although at least she has talked since the NK), MP. I know it's that time of year and people like timmer have expressed they won't be around as much. But this reminds me a bit of omerta. It could get out of hand quite quickly.
But... But... Why do why do we have to convince you who to vote?
Look, he's even getting cutesy about it with his 'buts' at the start... there isn't anything about this which is MM trying to commentate. He was deliberately setting out to try and provoke reactions from me, and to get others to look at me.

People who have played with me a lot know that you can often get me to hang myself by making me talk more. Everything MM has done to me in this game has been setting bait for me, and even in a world where he is civilian it is certainly aimed square at me and is NOT generic commentary to the thread in the slightest.
Yes I am suspicious of you. I thought it was pretty evident.

Sorry for missing the vote everyone.

I don't know what Spacedaisy was trying to accomplish with her vote though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:Fuck the p scores! lol
Down with the P-Scores! :omg:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Xeroxing Day 2's results may actually be possible. Here are some observations coming off the second vote:

Who looks better coming off the Dragon lynch?
Epignosis- He voted for Dragon twice. On Day 1, he started the train on Dragon with the fifth vote of the day- that's bold to do on a teammate so early. I wouldn't put it past Epi to sell out a teammate with such vigor though. If he plays half as well as he hosts, it's worth keeping back in the deep recesses of our minds as we move forward. For now though, he looks pretty darn clean.

Fingersplints- Her Day 1 vote brought Dragon into a tie with TurnipHead. I'm not sure I have seen a a baddie vote to tie a teammate for the lead yet while playing here. Her missing vote, however, is unfortunate.

G-Man- Yeah, I blew it on TurnipHead but he was a sacrifice the Island game demanded. I think my little dust-up with Dragon should clear my name pretty well. There seemed to be a handful of people getting bad vibes from me earlier. How about now?

Golden- He and I formed a very tight bond during Biblical, so I hope that I am not falling victim to wishful thinking. He went hard at Dragon Day 2 and helped catch him in a lie / espousing misinformation. In a game this small, one or two teammates can be viewed as expendable but Dragon had his sights on Golden and Golden's reaction seemed legit to me. His Day 1 vote is still interesting and that should become clearer with another vote or two.

Nijuukyugou- Even though she missed the Day 2 vote, her Day 1 vote could speak volumes for her. Here is another vote that tied Dragon for the lead. Until I see baddies tie up teammates, I will continue to assume this makes someone look good.

Who looks neither better nor worse coming off the Dragon lynch?
Roxy-Sure, she voted for Dragon Day 2, but it could be that she saw three or more people throwing shade on Dragon and realized a teammate was going down. No shame in helping put down the expendable when there's still three of you left. Remember- her Day 1 vote for Golden took a little pressure off of Dragon.

Llama- Maybe two posts all of Day 2? Looking at his post history there is very little interaction between Llama and Dragon. His Day 1 vote was sensible but his Day 2 vote could be viewed as opportunistic. His vote also came in near the end of the votes that were cast. Four or five votes is probably all it's going to take to lynch someone in this game so you can't not keep in mind that he joined the party at the end of the train.

Timmer-A random vote Day 1 and a no vote on Day 2 leaves Timmer with virtually nothing to build a case on. Hopefully he shows up in earnest Day 3.

Who looks worse coming off the Dragon lynch?
Black Rock- The missing vote Day 2 coupled with the oddly timed/forgotten vote Day 1 doesn't improve her status. Still, I only see her as slightly bad at the moment.

Hedgeowl- Two missed votes leaves us with nothing to go on. There's also little to no post history to build a read off of. It looks worse to me because I'm used to seeing at least one baddie try to coast through speed games. If there is one, my bet is that it's her.

MetalMarsh89- Strange posts are strange and I mostly trust Golden.

Missing Person- I can look past the tardy avatar upload but following that up with two missed votes is inexcusable. Not much meat to be found on this one. I'm not a vegetarian, so let's make with the meat, please. Where's the beef?

Spacedaisy- Between her votes and her posts, she probably looks the worst of anyone right now. I don't see how you look at Day 2 Dragon and not reach the same conclusion as everyone else who voted for him. Expect your Day 3 to be intense, ma'am.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man is making strange posts calling me strange.

I cannot win at this game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”