60%

Total votes: 10
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Watchmen [Day 7]

Post by LoRab »

One of the things that DDL said made me suspicious was that I didn't post about suspicions or anything other than defense, and analysis of game mechanics and roles (which, I still believe are important, and are a big way of how I figure out games). My post to him was in context of that discussion. You came back with: Seriously, this was her post (that's a paraphrase of what you said, not a direct quote), and just name that part of it. Therefore, I commented on your having taken it out of context.

regardless, while I love semantics, discussing this isn't getting us any closer to finding baddies. I'm not bad--I strongly believe you're not bad. I'm choosing to believe DDL's claim for the moment.

Other than me, about whom I know you are wrong, who do you think is bad?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 325

Post by Ricochet »

I posted whom I find suspicious. Several times, actually.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Ricochet wrote:I posted whom I find suspicious. Several times, actually.
Cute.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I think I finally get G-Man's picture. Man am I slow.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 395
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

LoRab, the problem with your claim that you use game mechanics to figure out suspicions is that I can't find one example of you doing that.

For example, in this post where you name your reads (which is probably the most useful post I've seen you made in the game):
LoRab wrote:I still suspect GMan. I think he's more likely Moloch than Big Bad, but my susupicion of him hasn't changed.

Cookie I still think could have been playing the newbie card a big. And, now that s/he (sorry, don't know everyone's gender around here yet) doesn't have anyone to discuss things with, and having been called out in the thread for it, is posting more content and being more confident.

MM I can't help but shake off a suspicious feeling. He (he?) seems to have someone different every day to say, yeah vote for them they're bad, without giving any reason. And then moves on to someone else. And, yes, I've been one of those people, so I admit that colors my thinking, but it doesn't feel right. But maybe Moloch. And, since Epi said something about not liking self-targeting somewhere, could fake being silenced.

MP I really doubt is bad. I don't think a baddie or indy would put that much work into getting Elo lynched. His passion for that case sounded real. I really think he believed it.

Tiny Bubbles, as I said, could have missed a PM. That MM seems to have been silenced seems to make it appear that something else happened with the kill. I can't remember who posted the idea that only 1 kill is inherited, which is an interesting thought. I also wonder if a silence came from elsewhere.

I don't have strong opinions on anyone else.

Does anyone have a Rorschach list handy?
You say MM is suspicious because he votes someone new every day, Cookie may be playing the newbie card, G-Man because of... some reason... and that's it. Valid points, not very original or adding a lot to the game, but valid. But no mention of game mechanics.

But then after you make a post like that you spend days posting pretty much only talk on game mechanics, and self-defense.

And I'm failing to see the bridge between the posts on game mechanics and your suspects, like you say there is. You are still very interested in figuring out how roles work and why people are not dieing in the night, but you make no attempt at figuring out who is mafia while at that, and when you do, it feels half-assed, and disconnected to the rest of what you talked about in the game.

And at the end of the day, your actual effort at hunting baddies seems too small for someone who should be trying to find baddies.

Btw, sorry if you might not be able to reply to this before the poll closes, but I just saw your response and I see no reason not to reply to it.

linki: nice, Rico. Now explain to me plz.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Like Russ said, it's an idiom with no bearing to the game. Check the timing of the post and the ones before it, for more obviousness. If still not, insert [object] and [action] and think of the appropriate idiom.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:LoRab, the problem with your claim that you use game mechanics to figure out suspicions is that I can't find one example of you doing that.

For example, in this post where you name your reads (which is probably the most useful post I've seen you made in the game):
LoRab wrote:I still suspect GMan. I think he's more likely Moloch than Big Bad, but my susupicion of him hasn't changed.

Cookie I still think could have been playing the newbie card a big. And, now that s/he (sorry, don't know everyone's gender around here yet) doesn't have anyone to discuss things with, and having been called out in the thread for it, is posting more content and being more confident.

MM I can't help but shake off a suspicious feeling. He (he?) seems to have someone different every day to say, yeah vote for them they're bad, without giving any reason. And then moves on to someone else. And, yes, I've been one of those people, so I admit that colors my thinking, but it doesn't feel right. But maybe Moloch. And, since Epi said something about not liking self-targeting somewhere, could fake being silenced.

MP I really doubt is bad. I don't think a baddie or indy would put that much work into getting Elo lynched. His passion for that case sounded real. I really think he believed it.

Tiny Bubbles, as I said, could have missed a PM. That MM seems to have been silenced seems to make it appear that something else happened with the kill. I can't remember who posted the idea that only 1 kill is inherited, which is an interesting thought. I also wonder if a silence came from elsewhere.

I don't have strong opinions on anyone else.

Does anyone have a Rorschach list handy?
You say MM is suspicious because he votes someone new every day, Cookie may be playing the newbie card, G-Man because of... some reason... and that's it. Valid points, not very original or adding a lot to the game, but valid. But no mention of game mechanics.

But then after you make a post like that you spend days posting pretty much only talk on game mechanics, and self-defense.

And I'm failing to see the bridge between the posts on game mechanics and your suspects, like you say there is. You are still very interested in figuring out how roles work and why people are not dieing in the night, but you make no attempt at figuring out who is mafia while at that, and when you do, it feels half-assed, and disconnected to the rest of what you talked about in the game.

And at the end of the day, your actual effort at hunting baddies seems too small for someone who should be trying to find baddies.

Btw, sorry if you might not be able to reply to this before the poll closes, but I just saw your response and I see no reason not to reply to it.

linki: nice, Rico. Now explain to me plz.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by G-Man »

I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is claiming/hinting at what now?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DDL. At his role?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

LoRab, whatever it is that you typed didn't get posted. Only the quotes.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Made »

I am far from caught up, but i just finished reading Bass/bubbles, to get an idea of where to put my vote in line with who i think they trusted/who the didn't. as a quick shortcut, does anyone know if MP''s role was revealed when he died?
Pov: you reading my takes
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Made wrote:I am far from caught up, but i just finished reading Bass/bubbles, to get an idea of where to put my vote in line with who i think they trusted/who the didn't. as a quick shortcut, does anyone know if MP''s role was revealed when he died?
Yes, he was civ (one of the Detectives).
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Ricochet wrote:
Made wrote:I am far from caught up, but i just finished reading Bass/bubbles, to get an idea of where to put my vote in line with who i think they trusted/who the didn't. as a quick shortcut, does anyone know if MP''s role was revealed when he died?
Also, why hasn't anyone voted yet?? is votes switchable?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yesh. He was Detective Steven Fine.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:LoRab, whatever it is that you typed didn't get posted. Only the quotes.
Crapweasel.

Basically that The fact that you don't see the connections I make doesn't mean those connections don't exist.

I am not bad. I know how to play the game. My style is different from your style. That you interpret that as evil is not accurate.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Made wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Also, why hasn't anyone voted yet?? is votes switchable?
No, they're not. As for the first question: :shrug:

Only Scotty can't vote toDay, if he's silenced.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Oh so people think i'm bad for there not being a kill, cool. I'm not so there's that. Oh, here's a pretty good defense Lorab, if you're claiming that i didn't kill last night, I joined with 3 hours left night 6 so :p
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Voting cookie. Please someone vote with me. Preferably multiple people.

Lynching me is the wrong answer.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So... how many people are gonna miss the vote today?
Made
Hitman

Re: Watchmen [Day 2]

Post by Made »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I'm going to go ahead and vote my good friend MM. Out I'm really not comfortable vote any of them, In Econ he was quick to throw his teammates under the bus so I don't think he would have defended Slooni if they were on a team. Nothing Russ or LC have said made me think they are bad.
This was posted day 2. were MM, Russ, LC, the only options that day?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yes.

You have 3 minutes to vote.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well I'm wrapping up. Other stuff I did in the last hour was, as I've said, to check if G-Man really had no interest in lynching Cookie or LoRab - and he didn't, really. Except for a tin foil read, Cookie only shows up as of late as his hot suspicion. He was more wary about LoRab in contrast, but his biggest previous statement on her was that he didn't mind her facing the noose - which I suppose is consistent with him not breaking the tie, but enforcing it - and to stare into DDL's posts in hopes of tracking the claim - and I am tracking some signals, but I don't know where it leads me. I still suspect him - in fact, I'd rather call it my gut bursting with the feeling that he's one of the remaining baddies; I have nothing to add, but I'm not keen on tunneling whilst others' input on him have still been rather lukewarm. Tomorrow, maybe? I'm fine with voting LoRab, I think she's bad.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

had to go with the last "suspicion" Bass had. :/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Missed it:

Cookie
MM
Scotty (silenced)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Watchmen [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who deserves justice?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Cookie
LoRab (7), G-Man (10)
20%

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes

G-Man
No votes

LoRab
Russtifinko (4), Dragon D. Luffy (5), Ricochet (9)
30%

Metalmarsh89
Made (8)
10%

Ricochet
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

Scotty
No votes

Made
No votes

The Alien Monster (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
MovingPictures07 (1), Epignosis (2), Mooby (3), Elohcin (6)
40%

Total votes : 10
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

While I think I remember it being in LoRab's nature to defend herself until she's blue in the face no matter what, Cookie's posts felt like she was just frustrated- frustrated of being on her own in a new land, defending herself from strange, new people. I'm also trusting my spreadsheet on this one. I see MM missed the vote. Frustrating.
My Banners:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Well, now that you've voted to lynch another civ, assuming everything is as seems with the voting...you can look at my suspicions again and not ignore them because I think differently than others.

How interesting that the one player who has played several games with me is the one who voted with me this round.

Gman could be moloch, but I don't think is bad. But at some point need to go after moloch. So...

Cookie and mm are boTh suspsish. In that order

Wait and see what happens with made.

And be wary of people who go along with those whose reads are based on style that is different. Not the main voices but the ones who jump on the lynch wagon.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Cookie also misses the vote and Made speaks, suggesting only one person being silenced. Glory! This game is messing with my head.
My Banners:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Can I post yet about how I furious I am?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Epignosis »

Clipping from The New Frontiersman

July 28, 1985
You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

LoRab wrote:
Wait and see what happens with made.
Can you tell us what happens with made? I'm asking for a friend--Dang it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

:disappoint:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well that was not what I was expecting.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote:Can I post yet about how I furious I am?
For someone who was fearing a night kill I think you got the better deal.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Normally I'd say "sorry LoRab, this was a stupid mistake", but I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

I REALLY need a break from mafia.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
I'll be getting the NK tonight. I can feel it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm furious at Ricochet, who has bowled his second gutter ball in as many days.

I'm furious at D Luffy who honestly could have made a better decision and voted for BF, but didn't. Stick to your guns man. We almost had her yesterday.

I'm furious at MM who didn't vote or post today for whatever reason. He obviously wasn't silenced.

I'm furious at Cookie for silencing me and continuing to masquerade as a civilian.

I'm furious at Butte, MT for wasting tax payer money and constructing a giant mud ramp in the middle of downtown in order to beat the Semi-jump world record. Like, don't they have anything better to do?

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sorry to see you go, LoRab. It was nice playing a game with you again after all these years. Had I realized sooner that I was the last person remaining with any extensive playing history with you maybe I could have argued on your behalf. Then again, I had to mow the lawn tonight, so I was short on time.
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MM posted today. Early on, never returned.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote:I'm furious at Ricochet, who has bowled his second gutter ball in as many days.

I'm furious at D Luffy who honestly could have made a better decision and voted for BF, but didn't. Stick to your guns man. We almost had her yesterday.

I'm furious at MM who didn't vote or post today for whatever reason. He obviously wasn't silenced.

I'm furious at Cookie for silencing me and continuing to masquerade as a civilian.

I'm furious at Butte, MT for wasting tax payer money and constructing a giant mud ramp in the middle of downtown in order to beat the Semi-jump world record. Like, don't they have anything better to do?
My guns? I've been havng LoRab as mafia over Cookie since the beginning.
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Watchmen [Night 6]

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Yes, I'm thankful to be alive, but the only reason she didn't kill me is to get the heat off her back.
Russtifinko wrote: And I get what you're saying about Cookie, but I still don't buy her being bad. Every time I've played with a new player, they get accused of parroting others. They don't have the benefits of experience or meta to go on, and frankly, when you're getting your bearings, following others, even subconsciously, is just the easiest way to keep oriented.
Russ, she isn't a new player. She's new to the fast and tight playstyle we have here.
And if she were mafia she would have experience in her back pocket. It's called Sloonei. He's totally active in BoB, so if she has needed help or advisement, he's there to help her out with people or advice.

Why have there been no killings? Well, maybe it was to let us pick ourselves apart so she can coast.

Honestly we're going to lose if you keep up this mentality that she is a newb and couldn't pull it off.

I feel like I sound like a broken record (like Rico) except in my case, no one is taking the record off. They're just removing the stylus.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Anyway, I hope I get to play with you again some day, LoRab. I won't make the same mistake next time.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm furious at Ricochet, who has bowled his second gutter ball in as many days.

My guns? I've been havng LoRab as mafia over Cookie since the beginning.
Ah, that was a bad use of term, you're right. But you seemed the most likely to get a sweet tooth and vote Cookie that hadn't already.

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

anyone want to give their opinions on all other players in the game? that sounds fun!
k thanks bye
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Can you point me to the first post where you are sure Cookie is BF? Save me some time, please.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Can you point me to the first post where you are sure Cookie is BF? Save me some time, please.
Also a post pointing to who BF is would be nice.
Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Cookie »

I missed the lynch! My phone died and I was at the doctor unexpectedly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S~V~S »

I used to live in Butte. Its the home of Evel Knieval. They live them some semi jumping and such. All the taxpayers I ever met love that stuff. Probably just as many don't, but I never met them.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:

I used to live in Butte. Its the home of Evel Knieval. They live them some semi jumping and such. All the taxpayers I ever met love that stuff. Probably just as many don't, but I never met them.
I didn't read the green text and assumed the SVS was talking in metaphors. Needless to say, i was very confused.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Can you point me to the first post where you are sure Cookie is BF? Save me some time, please.
Well GMan made a nice post earlier today breaking down everyone's intentions with their votes yesterday, and I thought he gave a nice summation but I guess I'll catch you up because why not.
Scotty wrote:I also really want MP to weigh in here at some point today. I'm attempting not to tunnel, but I'm about to put my hand in the Cookie jar and go past the point of no return.
That was Sun @ 3p est. I really started to tunnel.
Scotty wrote:I also really want MP to weigh in here at some point today. I'm attempting not to tunnel, but I'm about to put my hand in the Cookie jar and go past the point of no return.
That was Day 6. Nothing really changed for me there. Into the night, when you guys were farting around with MP and LoRab, I didn't talk too much about BF and more about who Molock could be, since I had it in my head that, "Of course Cookie is mafia, let's move on to the next deduction."

My last post before getting silenced:
Scotty wrote:
Cookie wrote:
Scotty wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Scotty wrote:
LoRab wrote:Disappointing result. My being lynched would have been equally disappinting. Not sure a lynch of cookie would have been bad, having voted that way and all.

Thoughs haven't changed since I went to sleep. Hope to survive the night.
You're golden, I think I'm on the chopping block unfortunately.

Shame, because I feel like we really could have eliminated that problem. :shrug:
So who do you see me is being elimininaed from that problem?
That sentence doesn't make sense.
But I'm talking about cookie
Honestly if I was BF, MP would have died in the NK when he first insisted that I was mafia, I think it was D3 or D4 when he put a lot of heat on me.
Actually that's not the best strategy. Ricochet puts it nicely:
Ricochet wrote:If you ask me, MP was kept in the game due to the high potential of being lynched. That he himself started a huge case on a civ Eloh must have been even more of a delight for BF and Moloch.
Why not keep in MP, who's already garnered a lot of heat, and had been wrong on so many separate occasions? He could get lynched instead (the Elo vote was the deciding factor, methinks), and he did.

Guess who was the first to vote Cookie Day 4? Me. I thought that a mafia would be trying to float by, to blend in. Espers was lynched, he flipped bad, and ika even voted for you, so I took a step back- just a step- for how implausible it was for you to be Big Figure. Sweet, newbish, frustrated Cookie. Now knowing that MP backed me up on Day 4 is just dandy, and gives me even MORE conviction that you are bad. I mean, if you recall, MP stressed time and time again on Day 4 that espers was at the top of his read list, and in the end he voted for Cookie. Could it be...that both were bad and he was giving a hint? He wasn't right on the Elo vote, nor was I (going back to Day 1) but I would find it hard to believe MP would be wrong on all of his reads.

I have essentially not garnered heat like MP has, and I am going full fledge semi through the tunnel mode. If BF kills me tonight, look no further than Señorita Galleta tomorrow.

Good night friends, I'm off to work for the night.
She silenced me to pull her off the hook. The if/then statement does just apply to NKing me, and I didn't think I was too vague with my assumption for an entire day before. But maybe I was, and maybe I should have been more aggressive with my accusations.
I'd stake my reputation at this point that it's Cookie, but I don't really have a reputation here, and it didn't end well with MP. But I think the lens I'm looking at her is very narrow and matches very well with what I expect.
LoRab was my #3 choice, but she kept slipping today towards civ. GMan also fell down off my list. The next likely person on my list after Cookie is MM, but I also don't see him as mafia either.

VOTE COOKIE
VOTE COOKIE
VOTE COOKIE
VOTE COOKIE
VOTE COOKIE
VOTE COOKIE
VOTE COOKIE
VOTE COOKIE

there. how's that.