Boo T. Baggins [Host/Mod/Dead/NP]
56%

Total votes: 9
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 85

Re: Frisky Dingo [DAY 2]

Post by S~V~S »

DH said this: 1. SVS (11th vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer, Sig x2, MP)

Conclusions (And Read): Sketchy vote all around. First point, SVS spends all Day 0/1 talking about how the Epi/MP back and forth doesn't sit well with her, but she "doesn't want to commit" to it. I don't know if I've ever seen SVS afraid of committing to a suspicion before. Second point, SVS says she "doesn't want to spread the vote out any further", and then spreads the vote out even further. This is notable for two reasons: 1) Both of her suspects (Epi and MP) had at least 1 vote at the time she cast her vote. 2) Her reasoning for voting MM, which you can see in the link, involved MM voting for LC for "voting for someone for doing something they do in every damned game“, which is exactly how MM has been behaving. Bottom line, I don't think SVS's vote was designed to save or help save anyone who currently had votes (because both of the suspects she mentioned earlier at least had 1 vote, so it would have been easy to justify voting for Epi or MP). But her vote is suspect irregardless, and by extention herself.
I explained the first part of this to Roxy, You specifically should understand this, but I am gonna spell it out. In BoB, I went totally batshit insane on Epi because I was reading him on tone, and made a complete fool out of myself. Like I used to do to you. Our fearless leader was not pleased, shall we say, that I lost it quite as badly as I did. So I am trying to be more circumspect re Epignosis; rather than expecting him to alter his tone to accomodate others, I am trying to block his tone out, if that makes sense. So I am a bit iffy on him right now, since I don't have much of a basis for reading him outside of tone. But I did not want to make a big stink on Day One in the very next game I played with him over feels. So yeah, you have never seen me do this. But I don't want to have a meltdown like that again, and i have to work with the guy. TBH, I was afraid of raising a shitstorm by voting for either of them. Gods honest truth.

And I voted for MM for not answering Roxys question, predominantly.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 208

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Sorry, Made. Did you say something?

I had a hard time hearing because of all this amazing conversation going on around here.
Guess who gets my vote next phase.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
DH said this: 1. SVS (11th vote, Reason given here At the time: Epi, Cookie x2, Long Con x2, Scotty, Timmer, Sig x2, MP)

Conclusions (And Read): Sketchy vote all around. First point, SVS spends all Day 0/1 talking about how the Epi/MP back and forth doesn't sit well with her, but she "doesn't want to commit" to it. I don't know if I've ever seen SVS afraid of committing to a suspicion before. Second point, SVS says she "doesn't want to spread the vote out any further", and then spreads the vote out even further. This is notable for two reasons: 1) Both of her suspects (Epi and MP) had at least 1 vote at the time she cast her vote. 2) Her reasoning for voting MM, which you can see in the link, involved MM voting for LC for "voting for someone for doing something they do in every damned game“, which is exactly how MM has been behaving. Bottom line, I don't think SVS's vote was designed to save or help save anyone who currently had votes (because both of the suspects she mentioned earlier at least had 1 vote, so it would have been easy to justify voting for Epi or MP). But her vote is suspect irregardless, and by extention herself.
I explained the first part of this to Roxy, You specifically should understand this, but I am gonna spell it out. In BoB, I went totally batshit insane on Epi because I was reading him on tone, and made a complete fool out of myself. Like I used to do to you. Our fearless leader was not pleased, shall we say, that I lost it quite as badly as I did. So I am trying to be more circumspect re Epignosis; rather than expecting him to alter his tone to accomodate others, I am trying to block his tone out, if that makes sense. So I am a bit iffy on him right now, since I don't have much of a basis for reading him outside of tone. But I did not want to make a big stink on Day One in the very next game I played with him over feels. So yeah, you have never seen me do this. But I don't want to have a meltdown like that again, and i have to work with the guy. TBH, I was afraid of raising a shitstorm by voting for either of them. Gods honest truth.

And I voted for MM for not answering Roxys question, predominantly.
Tough sell, not buying it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Would it be cosmic justice if SVS and Epi were on a team?

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Whether you buy it or not, it's true. And I bet it's why Epi has mentioned me barely himself.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

DharmaHelper wrote:Would it be cosmic justice if SVS and Epi were on a team?
That sounds terrifying.

Actually tho, why aren't you buying svs?
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 338

Post by Epignosis »

Made wrote:
That sounds terrifying.
For whom? :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Whether you buy it or not, it's true. And I bet it's why Epi has mentioned me barely himself.
I can buy that specific part of your story, but what I have difficulty reconciling is your vote, and the reasons for your vote. You voted MM in order to "not spread the vote", which spread the vote out. Your reason was that MM voted for LC for "doing something he does every game." And that he ignored Roxy's questions.

The thing there is that this is the sort of play MM does every game (every game I can remember anyway). So your reasoning behind your vote breaks down pretty easily from the jump.

1) You expressed a desire not to spread the vote, but did anyway.

2) You voted for MM for doing what he does every single game, with the reason being in part "He voted for LC for doing something he does every single game."

It's hard to ignore those discrepancies. You also brought MP/Epi up multiple times, which doesn't mesh with your "I wanted to ignore them completely" story. You brought it up, you brought attention to it, why not just let it go?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Made wrote:
That sounds terrifying.

Actually tho, why aren't you buying svs?
Does that answer your question, Made?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So then you think S~V~S was complicit in or even responsible for the death of Elohcin?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:So then you think S~V~S was complicit in or even responsible for the death of Elohcin?
That's another hard sell. I don't see a BTSC-Active SVS allowing an Eloh kill, but getting into the rabbit hole of "Would SVS be complicit in an Eloh kill" doesn't make sense to me. Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't, maybe she would just because we don't think she would, maybe she had no say, maybe this maybe that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:So then you think S~V~S was complicit in or even responsible for the death of Elohcin?
That's another hard sell. I don't see a BTSC-Active SVS allowing an Eloh kill, but getting into the rabbit hole of "Would SVS be complicit in an Eloh kill" doesn't make sense to me. Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't, maybe she would just because we don't think she would, maybe she had no say, maybe this maybe that.
I wasn't selling. I was asking.

Now I'll sell you something: I'm good.

Granting that, who would kill Elohcin instead of me Day 1?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

That's an impossible question. I'd do it, Just about any combination of players would.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

That's an impossible question. I'd do it, Just about any combination of players would.
You would, and just about any combination of players would?

That's...a useless answer.

I would have killed Eloh one time had I gotten the power to do so, and that was only because she signed up to play a game to get it rolling. Instead I tried to lynch her and ended up dying myself. Super.

Outside of that anomaly, I leave her alone. I like her to have fun.

Long Con said he wouldn't kill her Night 1. I believe him on that.

"Who killed Elohcin?" is the central question, because this has never happened before on Night 1.

That's a fun mystery for me to solve.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

You would, and just about any combination of players would?

That's...a useless answer.

I would have killed Eloh one time had I gotten the power to do so, and that was only because she signed up to play a game to get it rolling. Instead I tried to lynch her and ended up dying myself. Super.

Outside of that anomaly, I leave her alone. I like her to have fun.

Long Con said he wouldn't kill her Night 1. I believe him on that.

"Who killed Elohcin?" is the central question, because this has never happened before on Night 1.

That's a fun mystery for me to solve.
You asked me a dumb question, you got a dumb answer.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No, I got a comma splice, dumb ass.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
Made wrote:
That sounds terrifying.
:feb:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Made wrote:
That sounds terrifying.
:feb:
We have never been on a team before, and that's true today.

One day.

One day.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Actually, we did have civilian BTSC in Harry Potter, but that was late in, and I doomed everybody anyway.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Roxy wrote:Burger Boy (shifty vote is shifty for sure) could vote here
Why me? If anything I should be one of the least likely to be KillFace, unless you mean anyone on that team (the context of your post would indicate KillFace the fellow in particular though). By voting on someone that had one vote, my vote would have resulted in MM's lynch among several other people tied in second. It would be more logical for me to vote for someone with no votes, or vote for someone that already had two, if I were Killface.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Imo, dh is right here. Speculating on who would and wouldn't kills elo is probably the wrong question. Perhaps a better question, a least a less (albeit slightly less) wifom question would be why kill elo?
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

sig wrote:(page 4) hamburger boys second, and third posts, they seem weird, but not to suspicious. Kinda like he wants to post but didn't have anything to say. So he could either be posting just because or trying to avoid suspicion
To be fair I'm still trying to get a handle on the game since there are definitely differences compared to what I'm used to. I usually don't go much for banter in any game, so I'm just trying to work on the tangible (lynches, nightkills, other player's theories behind them).
Roxy wrote:No I would NOT concur. Whenever I have BTSC sometimes I cannot go to chatzy so I will FB or PM my teamies to keep in touch. Otherwise I quite enjoy BTSC as it gives you a chance to get to know other players.
Though it must be noted some people do not like to chat.
Then you would probably agree that unless we have an entire scum team of new players, the night 1 kill wouldn't particularly implicate a new player since an experienced one could have advised them?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Whether you buy it or not, it's true. And I bet it's why Epi has mentioned me barely himself.
I can buy that specific part of your story, but what I have difficulty reconciling is your vote, and the reasons for your vote. You voted MM in order to "not spread the vote", which spread the vote out. Your reason was that MM voted for LC for "doing something he does every game." And that he ignored Roxy's questions.

The thing there is that this is the sort of play MM does every game (every game I can remember anyway). So your reasoning behind your vote breaks down pretty easily from the jump.

1) You expressed a desire not to spread the vote, but did anyway.

2) You voted for MM for doing what he does every single game, with the reason being in part "He voted for LC for doing something he does every single game."

It's hard to ignore those discrepancies. You also brought MP/Epi up multiple times, which doesn't mesh with your "I wanted to ignore them completely" story. You brought it up, you brought attention to it, why not just let it go?
You keep saying this and ignoring the part where I voted for him for not answering Roxys question. And MM does NOT do that every single game~ if I voted for him for self voting, yeah. But I didn't. And hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?

And like I said, I mentioned it really early, I had something that got my eye, i was reluctant to bring it up. But I did. Daisy basically ridiculed me, and my point was not something anyone else saw. So then I let it go. And i did not want to spread the vote, but I also did not want to vote on a weak suspicion, especially one that would cause me grief personally. So I pussed out. No one else has ever done that?

You are reading into something that is not there, or if it is there, it is a very embarassing personal issue I have.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Epignosis wrote:
Saberfish - "Noticed some stuff" but couldn't be bothered to state what that stuff is. Asked about ties before voting. :suspish: After the lynch, makes the obvious speculation that S~V~S, Hamburger Boy, or Roxy could be Killface. Voted thirteenth overall for Mac's Mom for a vague reason. Still not sharing what "stuff" was noticed. Voted someone who had no votes when eight others had at least one vote.
Can we revisit this?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I'll be back in about an hour.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Made wrote:Imo, dh is right here. Speculating on who would and wouldn't kills elo is probably the wrong question. Perhaps a better question, a least a less (albeit slightly less) wifom question would be why kill elo?
She didn't suspect anyone.

Nope, inferior question, Made.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 80

Post by thellama73 »

Less than two hours to go and only three votes in? Come on guys, you can do better.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:Less than two hours to go and only three votes in? Come on guys, you can do better.
No they can't.

I predict seven missing votes again.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I know it's totally weak, but I might just have to vote gman today. I'm just not really feeling any of the other suspicions I'm seeing out there and I don't know if it's because I need to get my head more in the game or what but I'm I'm going to wait until lynch deadline.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:I know it's totally weak, but I might just have to vote gman today. I'm just not really feeling any of the other suspicions I'm seeing out there and I don't know if it's because I need to get my head more in the game or what but I'm I'm going to wait until lynch deadline.
Lol you trippin.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by timmer »

I voted for Saber.
My siggie.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 39

Post by sig »

I can honestly say I'm torn right know on who to vote for. My top choice would have to be Saber, I'm trusting my gut that he is mafia and someof his posts have seemed odd. I can also see the argument that he is killerface.
depending on today's results I could see myself going after Mac's Mom, he hasn't posted much of value, but I want to see how Saber flips before going after Mac.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:I voted for Saber.
That's an okay vote too, actually. I might go there.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also if Saber is flipped and isn't Killface it will narrow it down some. We will know Killerface either voted for Metal or didn't vote last phase. I believe Saber is mafia and if he isn't we will still gain some information. Though I think he is mafia.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

LC a vote for Saber would be better then a vote on G-man, next phase we can talk to G-man if he continues to not answer then we can look at a lynch, but going after someone insanfied is a waste of a vote imo, we won't be able to go back and gain much information either way Gman would flip.
ImageImage
Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Cookie »

My vote will either go to Made or Timmer.

As for Timmer's posts, these stand out to me:
timmer wrote:Sorry guys, I didn't realize that we had started!

I'm a little pinged by the fact that SVS apparently misread the roles, since her reply to Long Con about the Xtacles isn't accurate. But I suppose that's a ping that doesn't really indicate an alignment so I'm not sure where to go with it. I'll tune in more tomorrow night. Game on!
Why is that a ping for you? We all make mistakes.
timmer wrote:Hey all, so reading back, I've got decent vibes from SVS (the point about Epig maybe not being drunk is interesting), I'm not sure I understand voting for Long Con, so MM gets a bit of a :ponder: from me, as it was pointed out that the reasoning was weak. Scotty seems to be not enjoying the attention he is getting... do people who know his play style well have an opinion on whether this indicates a certain alignment?
You got decent vibes from SVS because SVS suggests that Epi may not be drunk? What changed your mind?
Everyone's reasoning for voting anyone D1 is weak.
timmer wrote:What if sig is xander?

Cookie sounds good enough to me.
Anybody could be Xander. I could be Xander, yet you still voted for me. I dn't understand why you've posted this and you were following Epi's suggestion for voting me which is also weak (this is strange because you called MM out for voting someone for a weak reason in the previous quote).
timmer wrote:I voted for Saber.
For what reason?

I'm not trying to pick on you but everything about your posts just seem scummy to me.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I have so many that I am willing to vote for today: Saberfish, MP, Cookie, Burger Boy, Made, Bubbles or DP if he does not answer my question :pout:

Linky - oooooo Now you are suspicious of Timmer------again after you said after reading back you did not find him suspicious?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Cookie -
Lemme clarify - you said you found some of his posts strange and would re-read him. After you re-read him you said they seemed less suspicious and would be keeping an eye on him.
;)
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Roxy, could you explain your particular suspicion here?
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Why me? If anything I should be one of the least likely to be KillFace, unless you mean anyone on that team (the context of your post would indicate KillFace the fellow in particular though). By voting on someone that had one vote, my vote would have resulted in MM's lynch among several other people tied in second. It would be more logical for me to vote for someone with no votes, or vote for someone that already had two, if I were Killface.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Saberfish is new and, in a way that a new person would do, claimed Xtacle.

I'm reconsidering and I think those of you who jumped on what I had to say without adding to it smell.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

So many choices. I thought there would be more votes up given that several have announced their vote in the thread, but there are only 5 total so far? Huh.

Feeling slightly, slightly better about Made regarding tone, but that could be just him fixin' it up for me ;) Thoughts on timmer haven't changed since I last spoke of him. Then this happens:
Roxy wrote:I have so many that I am willing to vote for today: Saberfish, MP, Cookie, Burger Boy, Made, Bubbles or DP if he does not answer my question :pout:

Linky - oooooo Now you are suspicious of Timmer------again after you said after reading back you did not find him suspicious?
Yes, this caught my eye as well. Trying to look more contributory, Cookie McNasty? I pointed out these same exactly things (minus the most recent quotes) when I voted him last and you made no comment on them then.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Roxy, could you explain your particular suspicion here?
HamburgerBoy wrote:

It was your reasoning that I found shifty. It was like you put no thought or care into your vote and instead focused on keeping ties.
;)
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Roxy wrote:Cookie -
Lemme clarify - you said you found some of his posts strange and would re-read him. After you re-read him you said they seemed less suspicious and would be keeping an eye on him.
I know what I said. There's no need to clarify anything to me. I found him suspicious, then I reread it and thought I was just reading into him too far, but then I decided to post my thoughts. I never stopped finding him suspicious.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

nijuukyugou wrote:So many choices. I thought there would be more votes up given that several have announced their vote in the thread, but there are only 5 total so far? Huh.

Feeling slightly, slightly better about Made regarding tone, but that could be just him fixin' it up for me ;) Thoughts on timmer haven't changed since I last spoke of him. Then this happens:
Roxy wrote:I have so many that I am willing to vote for today: Saberfish, MP, Cookie, Burger Boy, Made, Bubbles or DP if he does not answer my question :pout:

Yes, this caught my eye as well. Trying to look more contributory, Cookie McNasty? I pointed out these same exactly things (minus the most recent quotes) when I voted him last and you made no comment on them then.
Thats bc it was Day 1 and even though Cookie was not on my list I realized I had no prior experience with her. Day 2 I give no breaks to anyone :)
;)
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

nijuukyugou wrote:So many choices. I thought there would be more votes up given that several have announced their vote in the thread, but there are only 5 total so far? Huh.

So should I or should I not be posting my thoughts? The way you and Roxy make it seem is that I shouldn't be posting my thoughts, yet when I do post, it's called "fluff" (I don't even know what that means).

I did not see your post about Timmer. I can check back and look, though. Did he answer you on anything?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Cookie wrote:
Roxy wrote:Cookie -
I know what I said. There's no need to clarify anything to me. I found him suspicious, then I reread it and thought I was just reading into him too far, but then I decided to post my thoughts. I never stopped finding him suspicious.
:ponder:
;)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I gotta eat (yes, at 9:30, because my family is ridiculous) so I gotta choose. So very, very close between timmer and Cookie, but I think I'll go delicious Cookie this time around.

Linki @ Roxy - That suspicion was towards Cookie, not you. I agreed with your comment towards her.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Roxy wrote:It was your reasoning that I found shifty. It was like you put no thought or care into your vote and instead focused on keeping ties.
That's vague, and I'd disagree. I think I had posted more about Killface and double-voting stuffs than most other players at that point. My vote post itself didn't announce that, but the few posts leading up to it clearly showed me thought process.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 89

Post by G-Man »

FYI- once groveling Living Statue Rahl enjoy tracked details tantalize to villain right Long Con to my Magic 8 Ball routine. If you want me to talk, you'll have to straitlaced questions. That's how piguid works.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Cookie - Also don't lump me with Blooper I never said your posts were fluff. I did think your earlier back pedal on Timmer was of note and now instead of keeping an eye on him you are considering a vote. I have never played with you so i do not know if your flip-floppy-ness is normal

Linky - fair enough Burger Boy.
;)

Return to “Previous Jobs”