Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 93

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I think Bea has a point. I just didn't have anything to add. BWT does kinda come across like he's planted himself firmly on the fence but is willing to jump to one side or the other at a moment's notice.

Surprising amount of linki. Will post before I read it!
Bullzeye, does that make you think BWT is bad? You might have expounded upon this further, but I don't remember.
It doesn't make me think he's not bad. There's really nothing I can say about it that I haven't already, I think BWT looks like he's trying to be blendy. That alone at this stage of the game doesn't immediately scream evil at me, though if it was a traditional set up with pre-defined mafia teams it might. I won't be voting BWT today based on that post alone.
Did you notice that you just did the exact thing you find BWT ping-y for?
Or nah?

Because as I see it, you just put yourself on the fence on whether you'll vote BWT or not on a moment's notice. . . the exact thing you criticized BWT for.
Bullzeye wrote:
T is for The Baddies?
:haha:
Golden wrote:Having looked through DH's posts, there isn't too much I specifically wanted to highlight. All I will say is, from post one, which was:
DharmaHelper wrote:I voted for Position 1, because its best to start at the beginning.
And was deliberately done very early right in the middle of other people trying to figure out which position was best.

Then he did all his adverb stuff.

What I will say is, I suggest people read DH back for themselves. But the very distinct impression I get is that, even for DH, he is trying to play up almost too hard how much he really doesn't care.
Golden, I didn't find Epig's case very compelling. HOWEVER, I find your behavior here (and elsewhere) compelling.
You made the DH sound way bigger than you make it to be here. Additionally, you don't even follow any of the leads you put out there.
Golden wrote:I voted for epi.
BUT earlier you said you would find it hard to vote for someone you didn't find suspicious!!! Why the change?? Or is Epig bad now? Is this justified on the "last time" stuff you said earlier?
Epignosis wrote:
Like a cute little sitcom. Where's Bob Saget and Dave Coulier when you need them?
You're John Stamos????

Right.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

10 pages?? Since this morning? I suppose I will still respond to the stuff I real earlier, though it's likely irrelevant right now. There's is just no way I manage to read up on all this tonight though, even if I really wanted to (and I only sort of do).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Like a cute little sitcom. Where's Bob Saget and Dave Coulier when you need them?
You're John Stamos????

Right.
I can play the guitar, kill roaches, and say "Have Mercy" like the best of them.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Whelp, I feel pretty current right now. Only thing I have to add is that I have a list of people I will not be voting for today. No idea who I will vote for though :shrug:

Linki: I've been feeling out a genuine Golden, so I'll be intrigued to see where this goes tomorrow. :offtobed:

Triple linki :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Russtifinko wrote:10 pages?? Since this morning? I suppose I will still respond to the stuff I real earlier, though it's likely irrelevant right now. There's is just no way I manage to read up on all this tonight though, even if I really wanted to (and I only sort of do).
It's worth it. Especially the part about the fuzzy apricots.

@Dom, I think you make a good point about Bullz. I will read back.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0)

Post by Russtifinko »

bea wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Tim Drake was the third Robin
Eartha Kitt was the third Catwoman.
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I banged Eartha Kitt?

....anyone?
This is truly the darkest timeline.
Also - I love this so much!!! Abed is batman.
:fiesta: Someone got it!
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Linki, ending someones game for something so trivial is ill done, imo. Especially when based on a nonsensical premise. "She said so". Well, she also said "not so". Make up your mind.
But you just said it was stupid to make up my mind so early. I think the fact that I haven't voted yet is a pretty good indication that I haven't actually made up my mind of who to vote for, not completely. TinyBubbles remains a frontrunner, but 48 hours is a long time.
Do you seriously think she should be lynched over something that obviously wasn't meant seriously? That's a weak reason even for Day One...
Russtifinko wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
timmer wrote: How are people going to handle the unrecruited side of things? Last game, I rather infamously flamed out, and it all started when I admitted that I didn't give a crap who got lynched since I was neutral. There was more to it than that afterwards, but that was essentially the big issue. It was pointed out that the rules of R3 said that an unrecruited player was sort of a civ, but in THIS game, I see the rules state that an unrecruited player is neutral and has only to survive to win. So how does that play out this time? Are you guys still feeling like it makes more sense to "think civ"? Or is this sort of a LMS format that segues into a more traditional team format, with an awkward middle?

I'm happy either way, I just need clarity for my own sense of sanity, lol.
The bolded/underlined is what I'm thinking will happen.

But, then again, I imploded in The Flash because everyone was talking 'civ civ civ' when it was clearly a faction game, so my thoughts may be different than others'. :P

Well, the baddies will be trying to kill you regardless, so I think neutrals should align with the civs.
Of course they should. It's the easiest and possibly smartest way to play neutral IMO. I just assume all neutrals are civ-aligned, hence my contribution to the massacring of the apparently baddie-friendly neutral team in HSK. You never know though, some people might think it's more fun to align themselves with the baddies before they've even been recruited.

Russtifinko wrote: Also, if there is a vote that looks to me like someone choosing something because they wanted a certain role power, it's Sorsha's. As someone else said, that may be more helpful later on when there are not tons of roles left, but it's worth bearing in mind.
Because it's her favourite number? I'm sure I saw at least one other person vote for the same reason... :ponder: Definitely worth bearing in mind but also possible lots of other people voted for the specific position they wanted for their role. Not necessarily seeing that as a bad thing when the vast majority haven't been recruited yet.
Russtifinko wrote:And MP, BR specifically said we may not have to cycle through every single position. I think that makes a pretty strong case for going for the least bad case. Now, in reality it seems we'll hit each at least one time, but don't we at east want the worst ones less often? If we start on a bad one, since we don't know what will happen in the future, it guarantees nothing except that we have to deal with bad stuff and mayhem for a day.
Definitely. Makes the most sense to me if we continuously try to avoid the scariest/most dangerous powers.
bea wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I want to be recruited by all four sides so I can play them all against each other as a shadowy mastermind.
I KNEW IT!!!! BULLZ IS A TYPH SOCKPUPPET!!!!!!

linki - sorry epi - I'm sadly one beer left and this far behind. I can't tell yet if I want you to tear apart golden's response or not.
Actually if you read my DBZ game submission thread you'll realise I'm a sockpuppet from the X-Men game that achieved sentience and carried on playing here anyway.
Turnip Head wrote:All the recruiters are equally naughty. What makes half of them more civvie than the others, other than that's what we're told to call them? They all seem nearly equal in power.
Well the host labelled two of the groups as civvies, and those two groups seem effectively to be allies who only need to eliminate the baddies. That makes them civvies IMO.
Black Rock wrote:Win Conditions

Civvie group 1 needs to defeat baddie group 1 and 2
Civvie group 2 needs to defeat baddie group 1 and 2
Baddie group 1 needs to defeat civvie group 1 and baddie group 2
Baddie group 2 needs to defeat civvie group 2 and baddie group 1
Thanks Bullz. Glad I'm not totally crazy on the "neutrals should generally act civ" idea. I feel justified in suspecting MP, then. And thanks for reposting the win conditions! I skimmed them earlier and didn't realize the baddies were out for each other in addition to us.

LOL I caused myself 10 pages of linki. MM, thanks for the gender guide and post links! Also, I have seen the adverb thing and the people refusing to lie about being bad thing work, so I won't entirely discount llama's strategy here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
You're John Stamos????

Right.
I can play the guitar, kill roaches, and say "Have Mercy" like the best of them.
I think you're missing one very important piece of the John Stamos pie, there buddy-o. :p
S~V~S wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:10 pages?? Since this morning? I suppose I will still respond to the stuff I real earlier, though it's likely irrelevant right now. There's is just no way I manage to read up on all this tonight though, even if I really wanted to (and I only sort of do).

SVS, what do you make of Golden's recent behavior-- especially his NO U on Rob?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:Having looked through DH's posts, there isn't too much I specifically wanted to highlight. All I will say is, from post one, which was:
DharmaHelper wrote:I voted for Position 1, because its best to start at the beginning.
And was deliberately done very early right in the middle of other people trying to figure out which position was best.

Then he did all his adverb stuff.

What I will say is, I suggest people read DH back for themselves. But the very distinct impression I get is that, even for DH, he is trying to play up almost too hard how much he really doesn't care.
I find it funny how frequently people think anything I do is calculated or "deliberate", and use "deliberate" as such a dirty word..
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Lorab, I just don't give a shit at some point.

I want epi dead and god help me if I fall into a kill thats where I'm using it.

I don't like people who use lies to suspect me. I'm fine with those who will suspect me based on truthful interpretations.

I gave epi lots of chances to read back and see that he was wrong about his own factual statements. He wilfully chose to ignore them. He still claims his version of events is true. Anyone is free to read and see that what I have said is objectively true and what he has said is objectively, patently, false. I just don't think anyone should have to put up with constantly defending themselves against made up bullshit.
What lie did I use to suspect you? I pointed out exactly why I suspect you. It's in the colors man. The colors. Those aren't lies. Those are your own words. :D

That's it. There is NOTHING ELSE outside of that making me suspect you. So you asking me to read this or that or the other....no. It's that one post. That's it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
You're John Stamos????

Right.
I think you're missing one very important piece of the John Stamos pie, there buddy-o. :p
It's the hair. :(
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

Two things:

1. I'm here but I have to catch up

2. I'm having trouble with my iPad the last couple days, so bear with me trying to post.

Off to catch up.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm probably voting for BWT today. He's not playing like I think he would if he were still neutral. Feels like something is already on the line for him.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

S~V~S wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Dammit, why was my Pedantic Point not in Pedantic Pink? Can we have a button for it at the top of the posting screen?
I added one, just seeing if it works

Pedantic

~it does! So you can be pedantic now, as if you needed permission :haha:

Linki, why would a baddie recruiter who wanted to win pick three people who everyone thinks are bad? Seems like a losing proposition.

Linki again, I'm a two thumbs up to tearing apart people who are not me :beer:

But I'll have to read it in the AM cause I am going to bed. Enjoy rampant pedanticism, you crazy kids.
Thanks SVS! That is awesome. :D I'm going to be as pedantic as possible from now on!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Printing checks here at the office at 10:00 pm. :fist:

I see I have a lot of catching up to do. I think I was up to page 14. Yikes. Looks like I'll be playing from behind for a while. Forgive me for not responding to every page (because that went over so well for me before). At the very most, I'll pick out 2 or 3 posts per page, if there's anything to touch on. Otherwise, I'll comment on the macro stuff. I knew it was going to be tough to keep up in this game once we got into full swing but I'll do my best to not get a full day behind.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:Lorab, I just don't give a shit at some point.

I want epi dead and god help me if I fall into a kill thats where I'm using it.

I don't like people who use lies to suspect me. I'm fine with those who will suspect me based on truthful interpretations.

I gave epi lots of chances to read back and see that he was wrong about his own factual statements. He wilfully chose to ignore them. He still claims his version of events is true. Anyone is free to read and see that what I have said is objectively true and what he has said is objectively, patently, false. I just don't think anyone should have to put up with constantly defending themselves against made up bullshit.
What lie did I use to suspect you? I pointed out exactly why I suspect you. It's in the colors man. The colors. Those aren't lies. Those are your own words. :D

That's it. There is NOTHING ELSE outside of that making me suspect you. So you asking me to read this or that or the other....no. It's that one post. That's it.
If I may--

I think your ignoring the context of Golden's response IS detrimental to your analysis of Golden.

Golden's reaction, however, makes me suspicious either way.
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
You're John Stamos????

Right.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

G-Man wrote:Printing checks here at the office at 10:00 pm. :fist:
Can you print one for me please
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
You're John Stamos????

Right.
S~V~S wrote:

SVS, what do you make of Golden's recent behavior-- especially his NO U on Rob?
The part where he said he wanted Epi dead or God help him felt fairly sincere to me, Golden being a lay preacher and all. As I said initially, Goldens original line of questioning to me did not feel that odd, although I did not love him mentioning specific people as examples.

I think that sometimes when you are frustrated it is easy to turn on your persecutor, especially if YOU perceive their argument to be ridiculous. But I really disliked him bringing up specific people as examples of what baddies might find desirable in a recruit.

And yeah, it's the hair.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm a lay preacher. For realz.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I'm a lay preacher. For realz.
Boy you don't gotta sell me on the deliciousness of potato chips.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sure, just give me your full name, address, social security number....

So you preach best after you get laid? :P
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

The Roles contest is over, like 18 minutes ago. We will be picking a winner tonight and informing them.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Sure, just give me your full name, address, social security number....

So you preach best after you get laid? :P
My wife preaches best during it OH GOD OH GOD OH

lemme stop right there y'all.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Please do.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden already spiked one in my coffin, so I'm interested in other avenues.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Be back in a wee bit.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

aapje wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*gets lynched for asking questions*
Wait is that a thing on this site? I'm screwed :scared:

Is there a reason why there is no linkback in quotes btw?
OK this made me :haha: :haha: :haha:

Also hi everyone. I'm exactly this far behind and doing catch up
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I seen bea post and just wanted to say hi <3

goodnight all play nice :)

also I disagree with Epi's "case" on Golden and ofc will not be voting for him.
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Roxy wrote:I seen bea post and just wanted to say hi <3

So happy you won't be voting for me. :D
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote:
Roxy wrote:I seen bea post and just wanted to say hi <3

So happy you won't be voting for me. :D

I meant Golden but yah so far I do not see myself voting for you either :)
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Question:

Is Day 1 about ridiculing others' reasons for finding suspicion?

OR

Is Day about articulating your own suspicions and following through?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Question:

Is Day 1 about ridiculing others' reasons for finding suspicion?

OR

Is Day about articulating your own suspicions and following through?
Day 1 is about scratching your butt, eating potato chips, and finding some time in between to vote for someone for a bullshit reason.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bingo.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think it's lame when people come in and criticize other people's reasoning (especially those they don't understand).

Come in Day 1 with your own thoughts and ideas- not knocking down those already made.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

or what
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Canucklehead wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Reywas / Roxy / Bea / any other original baddies from other RM games: Do you remember if you played differently than you normally would've when you were baddie leaders in RM 3?
When I was Jelly King Earl, Supreme Lord of Purpleosity (I think that was my role...but maybe I was just an early recruit to the jelly team? My memory is fucked..) my entire game plan was about fun maximization. I recruited solely based on how funny people's posts were. I don't think my in-thread play differed much (I'm always kind of a sarcastic/goofy asshole)...but I think I was definitely more engaged in the thread than was typical for me at the time
I don't know Typh. You were on my team. Do you think I played differently? I try to play the same from game to game. I do remember that Epi called out what happened with my role (I died early and was rezzed into a secret role.) And for awhlle I was able to brush it off but as more and more civ recruits were rezzed, it was more and more difficult to defend against the truth of Epi's argument. Killing him didn't help anything even though you and Tranq both though it was the right thing to do at the time (if I am remembering correctly). Eventually, I became as close to an outed baddie as I've ever been. So yea, my play was prolly pretty different when I realized there was nothing I could do to hide anymore.

still on like page 16...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

reywaS wrote:or what
Or I will make you look bad.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

fair enough
Some day, Some day
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Reywas / Roxy / Bea / any other original baddies from other RM games: Do you remember if you played differently than you normally would've when you were baddie leaders in RM 3?
When I was Jelly King Earl, Supreme Lord of Purpleosity (I think that was my role...but maybe I was just an early recruit to the jelly team? My memory is fucked..) my entire game plan was about fun maximization. I recruited solely based on how funny people's posts were. I don't think my in-thread play differed much (I'm always kind of a sarcastic/goofy asshole)...but I think I was definitely more engaged in the thread than was typical for me at the time
I don't know Typh. You were on my team. Do you think I played differently? I try to play the same from game to game. I do remember that Epi called out what happened with my role (I died early and was rezzed into a secret role.) And for awhlle I was able to brush it off but as more and more civ recruits were rezzed, it was more and more difficult to defend against the truth of Epi's argument. Killing him didn't help anything even though you and Tranq both though it was the right thing to do at the time (if I am remembering correctly). Eventually, I became as close to an outed baddie as I've ever been. So yea, my play was prolly pretty different when I realized there was nothing I could do to hide anymore.

still on like page 16...
:noble:

I called out Roxy and S~V~S too.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

nutella wrote:As usual I am overwhelmed by Day One activity and have no idea what to think of anyone. It's nice that there is some actual discussion, but I am still totally clueless as to how to rat out a decent lynch candidate. Sorry if I don't post much -- I'm trying to keep up with this super-fast-paced thread while at work.

Kind of curious about Epi vs. Golden. Those two both scare me a lot but can be extremely useful as civvies (or whatever, in this game). Might re-read their exchange from last night, though it seemed like a lot of it was just Epi being pedantic. :p Also llama. I never know what to think of him. :ponder:

As for Bubbles I think she is genuine. Going after her for joking seemed like a ridiculous nitpick at this stage, and after Broadway I want to give her the BOTD.
And Unfurl is reading like her usual self to me.

@BR- could you possibly use a slightly lighter shade of blue for your host color? It's a little painful on the dark forum skin
LA -FWIW - last night when I read the whole thing, I thought "Well, llama and epi have a small little thing. They are going to run with it because it's Day 1. They are looking to see a) how said person they are accusing responds and b) who does or doesn't glom onto it." While I could be wrong, that's how I read both of them. And still pretty much think that.

Golden reads like Golden to me. I asked him what he thought of Epi and I was ok with his answer.

Bubbles reads genuine to me as well, but I've not played with her before so I tend to read new people at face value till they give me a reason not to.

I do have to agree with llama on this - I like JJJ's spunk.

likie - yes epi - when you are on you are a spitfire. Then there's harry potter. ;) :hugs:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:likie - yes epi - when you are on you are a spitfire. Then there's harry potter. ;) :hugs:
I saw Jane with the devil goddamit.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:That a good choice for a first lynch might be someone who has a reputation for surviving deep and not getting caught when bad, since a baddie might try to recruit someone that gave them the best shot at winning. Someone like DF or DP, for example, who frequently fly under the radar. Or someone like Typhoony or llama who can often survive deep on their wily skills by not being too civvish to NK nor too baddie-looking to get lynched.

But if I look at my own psyche, I'd probably just pick people who I felt I could have fun with too. Or that I really wanted to have btsc with because I hadn't yet, or something.
Golden wrote:I'm sorry, you don't give a damn about what question was asked? Then why was it the ENTIRE BACKBONE OF YOUR CASE!
No sir. This is the entire backbone of my case. It's not about what you asked, or S~V~S, or any of that. It's not about questions. It's that green and brown colored shit up there.

People can poo-poo it if they like. I think you are a recruiter based on THAT right there alone.
Why? What about that?

Before, you said it was because I gave four answers to SVS question. Now you say the question doesn't matter. OK, but in doing so, you are saying the context of the statement is not part of why you think it is bad. So tell me what about it you DO think is bad?

If you say it's because I've given four answers to a question, well... you care about the question, and I will go straight back to asking why you are ignoring the fact that this is a lie, since I did not give four answers to any question.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:likie - yes epi - when you are on you are a spitfire. Then there's harry potter. ;) :hugs:
Which you didn't win either.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I saw Jane with the devil goddamit.
Still worth it.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I tend to judge people as individuals not as reputations. My best game of all time was Rabbits SOT, I was a ... civvie. We had a large civ BTS group, and we worked pretty well together. That team has been my gold standard of what a team should be. Not so much for the individuals (although they all were awesome and people in the Mafia community that I <3 maybe a bit more than most) but for the way we worked together. I would want cohesion more than anything, really. Team players, no Prima Donnas.

What was your theory?
That a good choice for a first lynch might be someone who has a reputation for surviving deep and not getting caught when bad, since a baddie might try to recruit someone that gave them the best shot at winning. Someone like DF or DP, for example, who frequently fly under the radar. Or someone like Typhoony or llama who can often survive deep on their wily skills by not being too civvish to NK nor too baddie-looking to get lynched.

But if I look at my own psyche, I'd probably just pick people who I felt I could have fun with too. Or that I really wanted to have btsc with because I hadn't yet, or something.
I suspect this mindset will be different for everyone, but I do think there could be value in pooling our individual perspectives.

Hey everyone! Please tell us here in this very thread how you think you would go about choosing recruits in this setup if you were recruiters. What factors would be most important in your decision? Least important? If enough of you help me out with some delicious answers, I might even compile a CHART. Who wants a chart? We love charts, don't we? Seriously, this might be a good way to get a grip of early choices -- and perhaps even influence how future recruitment choices are made. We could in part dictate how the baddies recruit. I think this is appealing.

My answers, most important numbered and least important lettered:

1.) My perception of their skillset -- I would favor someone that I feel has a diverse array of mafia skills that can function cross-alignment and long-term.

2.) Complementary talent within The Syndicate -- I am newer here than most and do not boast a lot of experience in setups as complex as this. Someone who can fill that void would be a big help.

3.) Less inherently likely to attract thread attention -- I wouldn't select myself, essentially. Loud players are a dangerous choice. :(

///

A.) Fun -- I'd probably be a party pooper in this regard. While I do love fun, I'd also think choosing based on fun would be more transparent to others and less likely to progress me towards a victory.

B.) Reputation on The Syndicate -- I only have a cursory knowledge of this anyway, but I probably wouldn't care much whether someone is perceived by others to be elite or something else.
When I was a recruiter - I had two goals - to make sure everyone I recruited was smarter than I was and to get as many Dutchies as I could. We made it to the end game with that stratigy till Typh sold us out. :doh:

That said, that was my personal strategy. I had a killer team - lorab, sorsha, typh and tranq. But they weren't my entire wish list. And some of them I gained because of contests and other things. Yes, I could hand pick a couple, the rest were decided based on game mechanics that I couldn't control too much. I think you need to keep that in mind when you try to sus out who will most likely be recruited. I got typh because he was the only one that completed that particular recruit contest. As much as he might have been on my wish list, my getting him to my team in that game was totally out of my control as the recruiter.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:That a good choice for a first lynch might be someone who has a reputation for surviving deep and not getting caught when bad, since a baddie might try to recruit someone that gave them the best shot at winning. Someone like DF or DP, for example, who frequently fly under the radar. Or someone like Typhoony or llama who can often survive deep on their wily skills by not being too civvish to NK nor too baddie-looking to get lynched.

Golden wrote:I'm sorry, you don't give a damn about what question was asked? Then why was it the ENTIRE BACKBONE OF YOUR CASE!
No sir. This is the entire backbone of my case. It's not about what you asked, or S~V~S, or any of that. It's not about questions. It's that green and brown colored shit up there.

People can poo-poo it if they like. I think you are a recruiter based on THAT right there alone.
Why? What about that?
Golden wrote:Before, you said it was because I gave four answers to SVS question.
Nope. Didn't say that.

Now you say the question doesn't matter. OK, but in doing so, you are saying the context of the statement is not part of why you think it is bad. So tell me what about it you DO think is bad?

If you say it's because I've given four answers to a question, well... you care about the question, and I will go straight back to asking why you are ignoring the fact that this is a lie, since I did not give four answers to any question.
You realize you already voted for me. So you must realize it is I that can safely ignore your questions.

But, since I am a gentleman:

I think you are bad because your answer to the question was too broad. So broad, it was useless. I've said this twice now.

You didn't give four answers to any question. You gave one shitty answer to one question. You answered poorly on one question and I am calling you out for that one answer. That is all.

I am voting Golden. This needs to end.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Why? What about that?
Golden wrote:Before, you said it was because I gave four answers to SVS question.
Nope. Didn't say that.

Now you say the question doesn't matter. OK, but in doing so, you are saying the context of the statement is not part of why you think it is bad. So tell me what about it you DO think is bad?

You realize you already voted for me. So you must realize it is I that can safely ignore your questions.

But, since I am a gentleman:

I think you are bad because your answer to the question was too broad. So broad, it was useless. I've said this twice now.

You didn't give four answers to any question. You gave one shitty answer to one question. You answered poorly on one question and I am calling you out for that one answer. That is all.

I am voting Golden. This needs to end.
You don't care about the question, epi! Don't you remember? You don't care what the question was.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I reckon you're right.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I agree it needs to end. I would plead with people, vote me or epi. I honestly don't care which. Either epi loses, or he is proven wrong. Both will be satisfactory.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:I agree it needs to end. I would plead with people, vote me or epi. I honestly don't care which. Either epi loses, or he is proven wrong. Both will be satisfactory.
Nah. Nice try.

Make people think it has to be me or your, and if I'm wrong, then I have to be bad.

False dilemma. Mafia strategy 101. Get out of here with that.

Y'all go on and vote the way your conscience leads.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I'm not sure that makes him mafia. i've said things like that as a civvie and so has Golden.
Some day, Some day

Return to “Previous Jobs”