Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Golden »

@bullz - I love that you have time to play. It's good to have you being able to be in the thread.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Typhoony »

bea wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Reywas / Roxy / Bea / any other original baddies from other RM games: Do you remember if you played differently than you normally would've when you were baddie leaders in RM 3?
I don't know Typh. You were on my team. Do you think I played differently? I try to play the same from game to game. I do remember that Epi called out what happened with my role (I died early and was rezzed into a secret role.) And for awhlle I was able to brush it off but as more and more civ recruits were rezzed, it was more and more difficult to defend against the truth of Epi's argument. Killing him didn't help anything even though you and Tranq both though it was the right thing to do at the time (if I am remembering correctly). Eventually, I became as close to an outed baddie as I've ever been. So yea, my play was prolly pretty different when I realized there was nothing I could do to hide anymore.
Your case is a bit special seeing as how you were rezzed Night 3 (around the same time I replaced in) and you had heat on you from the start, something that I don't think would've happened had you started the game as the recruiter.

Linki: Golden, am I reading through the lines of your post correctly when I say that you'd like to lynch Epi because it would make the game more fun for you? Seriously dude, think about that for a second and then realize that it's not a good strategy to follow.
Right now, I don't think you're bad and I don't think Epi is bad and I don't think the back and forth between the two of you will give us anything else except more frustration for you.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:@bullz - I love that you have time to play. It's good to have you being able to be in the thread.
Thanks! I hate signing up to things and not being able to play - so sometimes I just won't bother if I'm not 100% sure I can commit. I felt so bad in Dom's game when I just couldn't contribute at all, and even when I tried to get back into it I was so far behind. All I've got to do now is write my dissertation and find a job - equally impossible tasks but at least I can have a Mafia game open in the background to look in on every now and then!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey MM, could you describe in brief terms what sorts of criteria you're respecting when you eliminate certain players from the lynch pool?
It stems mainly from my plan of not voting players who appear involved and interested in playing. If they say something or act in a way that I like, I remove them from my list.

I will not vote for thellama73 today. I just remembered that he is traveling.
timmer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I think your argument against Llama strikes of bias, since you and he always butt heads.

You really think Llama's behavior indicates that he is a recruiter? :eye:
Furthur to this, why does someone being a recruiter mean anything? If they are one, they might be a civ recruiter, which means eliminating them will hurt the civ cause. There are equal numbers of bad and good recruiters. And once you are eventually recruited to a team, that's your team, so why gun for a potential recruiter when that may end up your own team down the road?
I know right? Tell that to Epignosis who seems to have insight on who the "baddie" recruiters are.
timmer wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:timmer, could you please reference something specific in Golden's content that you think is indicative of his falsely fulfilling his civilian meta?
It's more of a sense than anything, but Epig kind of nailed it with his colour coding. The fact is, any of us who have been a part of this group for a long time could have been chosen recruiters/team leaders, and made, in the moment, a decision in recruiting targets that goes completely against the grain of everything people think of us in terms of our gameplay. None of the players who have been around for a long time are so boring that they are blindingly predictable. Golden knows this. So his answer, which Epig coded, feels false. It's like, he's trying to have a discussion and show the different facets of how he would come to a decision when we all kind of know that those facets are weighed by everyone in that position. Golden, in short, made a lot of words string together to make it sound like he was saying something - in more real terms, he was playing the "part" of Civ Golden, which often works for him. But the odds are against him in fact being that.

But as for the lynch, I don't see how this makes Golden a lynch target. We all have to post our thoughts, and say things, and get through this awkward part of the game where we have abilities but no guiding purpose. A clan, but no team. It's a weird feeling, so really, if someone is participating and at least trying to contribute, even if it feels false, it's good enough for me for Day 1. I want this game to be legend, the series' cred demands it, and I'd rather vote for a lame-o non-poster than an active one for now.

@Bea, lol, I was caught off guard by that as well. :nicenod:
I will most definitely not vote for timmer today. Excellent words sir.
Spacedaisy wrote:Voting low posters. Really? If you want to vote someone for low contribution, fine, but in this situation there seems like a beck of a lot of other things to consider and I think the discussion of recruit/recruiter reasoning has been an excellent example. If we can locate either a recruit or recruiter it might give us a possible direction to look next. At one point llama made a comment about not thinking low posters are a good lynch option, but if we are going to lynch them today would be a good day. I think that is extremely silly given the fact a recruitment has already occurred, and twice for at least one of the baddies it seems. It didn't give me warm feels about llama, but I read it twice and he did say he didn't think they were the best option, so I kind of out him on my back burner, suspicion wise. Anyway, the low poster people who have masse me last comfortable are MP and bwt. MP listed me in his low poster column, knowing full well what my situation is because he has been witness to my rage against the iPad.
I like to think I can recognize the difference between low posting and low contribution. You fall into one of these categories, but clearly not both. I will not vote for Spacedaisy today.
timmer wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I am playing like I would as a townie despite the fact that I am not a townie. What does that mean to you, timmer?
Since I know neither your civ game, your tactics or your tendencies... absolutely nothing. We're all actors in a wonderful, as yet unwriiten story.
All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience outside the gilded cage

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Morning fartheads. I'm gonna get situated, do some reading, and offer some legitimate thoughts today. And then I'm checking out at 7pm EST to go watch some TV
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck x 9001, something's come up re: PhD and I'll probably be pulling an all-nighter tonight and possibly tomorrow night to get all of this shit done. I'm sorry, folks, but this absolutely has to come first.

I'm going to just go ahead and vote unfurl in case I can't come back in time. I know this is unlike me, but I'll be lucky enough to get this done even with not sleeping tonight. I'll catch up properly whenever I can, probably Saturday or Sunday.
So according to you Im worst then a low poster? cause thats who you said wanted to discuss, and because i when against you, I pretty much became your target
So is more an easy vote to just vote for me?
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

bea wrote:Everything feels like day 1 bullshit. It always does to me.
Best quote so far :bea:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok people this is clearly not a LMS game. Allow me to demonstrate...

From the hosts posts:
"Win Conditions

Civvie group 1 needs to defeat baddie group 1 and 2
Civvie group 2 needs to defeat baddie group 1 and 2
Baddie group 1 needs to defeat civvie group 1 and baddie group 2
Baddie group 2 needs to defeat civvie group 2 and baddie group 1"

So Civvie group 1 can win with Civvie group 2, and they both share the same enemies. In fact their win cons are exactly the same which makes them one standard civ team in every sense of the word. The only difference is only ones of the baddie teams is out to kill them.

Additionally, they set the teams up like a traditional civ team, meaning the recruiters for the civ team get limited amount of btsc, see the below quite from the hosts posts...

"If someone gets recruited, do they gain BTSC with the Leader?

Some Civvies get BTSC with the Leader, but it is a very limited number because too much Civvie BTSC would ruin the game. Baddies always get BTSC with their recruits.."

I am rethinking my bwt vote at the moment, leaning towards one of these people who keep billing this as a no civ game when it has been made clear by the hosts in multiple ways that there are civ aligned recruiters.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Voting low posters. Really? If you want to vote someone for low contribution, fine, but in this situation there seems like a beck of a lot of other things to consider and I think the discussion of recruit/recruiter reasoning has been an excellent example. If we can locate either a recruit or recruiter it might give us a possible direction to look next. At one point llama made a comment about not thinking low posters are a good lynch option, but if we are going to lynch them today would be a good day. I think that is extremely silly given the fact a recruitment has already occurred, and twice for at least one of the baddies it seems. It didn't give me warm feels about llama, but I read it twice and he did say he didn't think they were the best option, so I kind of out him on my back burner, suspicion wise. Anyway, the low poster people who have masse me last comfortable are MP and bwt. MP listed me in his low poster column, knowing full well what my situation is because he has been witness to my rage against the iPad.
Exactly the part about low poster discussion taht started from MP, you said it eloquent but I just I found it funny when I first saw it and made a joke about it,
low poster is an easy target, and cause people always try to go that route, and I get it in a LMS game is somewhat valid, but this is not a LMS game
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok people this is clearly not a LMS game. Allow me to demonstrate...

From the hosts posts:
"Win Conditions

So Civvie group 1 can win with Civvie group 2, and they both share the same enemies. In fact their win cons are exactly the same which makes them one standard civ team in every sense of the word. The only difference is only ones of the baddie teams is out to kill them.

Additionally, they set the teams up like a traditional civ team, meaning the recruiters for the civ team get limited amount of btsc, see the below quite from the hosts posts...

Some Civvies get BTSC with the Leader, but it is a very limited number because too much Civvie BTSC would ruin the game. Baddies always get BTSC with their recruits.."

I am rethinking my bwt vote at the moment, leaning towards one of these people who keep billing this as a no civ game when it has been made clear by the hosts in multiple ways that there are civ aligned recruiters.
Not a bad place to put your vote. What do you think of this post from TH?
Turnip Head wrote:All the recruiters are equally naughty. What makes half of them more civvie than the others, other than that's what we're told to call them? They all seem nearly equal in power.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I am rethinking my bwt vote at the moment, leaning towards one of these people who keep billing this as a no civ game when it has been made clear by the hosts in multiple ways that there are civ aligned recruiters.
Turnip Head wrote:All the recruiters are equally naughty. What makes half of them more civvie than the others, other than that's what we're told to call them? They all seem nearly equal in power.
What do you think of that post?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I am rethinking my bwt vote at the moment, leaning towards one of these people who keep billing this as a no civ game when it has been made clear by the hosts in multiple ways that there are civ aligned recruiters.
I think you're inaccurate in stating that all recruiters are equally bad. I don't think there's ever been a RM with recruiters who are not one way or the other in terms of baddieness.

ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Roxy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:.He doesn't want to end it to his own lynch, is the point.... he knows that BOTH outcomes of that lynch outcome are bad for him.
How does Epi know anything?
Oh, I think he knows I am not bad just fine. He's just having fun.
But you don't seem to be having any fun.
I am not currently having fun.
You know what's fun? Playing lawn darts midday with a bright sun overhead.

Golden, I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up, with all this Arthur/Knights of the Round table stuff. You have 1 vote on you.

I can see why he is worked up - been there so many times myself. Being suspected for bs reasons sucks especially if they are using twisted logic - "like it has nothing to do with the question - it is how you answered the question" silly Day 1 stuff as per normal. Honestly would be better off just randomizing a vote.
suspecting someone because of how they answered a question is using twisted logic? I disagree.
Golden wrote:@dom - Not uncomfortable, but yeah I prefer to vote people I think could be bad. I do think epi could be bad.

But I certainly think epi and I are not going to be on the same side at any point in this game. Recruiters would be daft to recruit us both on to the same side at this point. So there is no value to me in epi living past today. I do not think he is civ. I think he has done some things which could mean he is bad. I think there are also neutral explanations for his behaviour. I don't mind seeing him lynched be he bad or neutral.

And, I see why you are confused because my response to JJ looks weird, it's because I read his question wrong. I thought he asked for motives that were not anti-town, hence my response to him about 'if epi was neutral'.

As for mafia motives, can think of two possibilities. One, he was thinking of recruiting me given we worked well together in Guess Who and creating distance first was a tactic to achieve it. Two, he was not thinking of recruiting me and so why not cast suspicion on me.

I'll be honest, I suspect the real reason epi won't back off his suspicion is much simpler. He has been busy with work starting up, lord of the realms, helping Simon with Angry Birds. I think he misread SVS question in the first place. But he is not the kind of person to back off because he misreads (or to admit he read something wrong), and so he just finds other ways to justify his suspicion.

Others can decide for themselves, I just don't have fun when people make up bs to accuse me of being bad. Lynching epi would restore balance to the force, and make the game more fun for me right now. That's my primary motive.

But my secondary motive is that, yes, I think he has given some cause to think he is bad. Particularly the post where he responded to me suggesting that everyone vote for either him or me, just after he voted for me and said we needed to 'end it'. He backtracked something chronic with that post. Called my tactics mafia 101, said I was setting some kind of trap, but wanted everyone to 'vote with their conscience' and not feel they had to vote for me, the person he thinks is bad?

Whatever comes, my original hope for today was that a lynch stop is used so no-one dies. But if epi gets the most votes, I think the lynch should be allowed to go through. Same for BWT. Those two have both given me reasons to think they could be bad.

linki @ SVS - you are completely right that I have made no entry into the contest to be recruited as a baddie and will not do so. SVS has had experience in the past of my warning baddie teams outright that if they recruit me I'll bus them all, which is a pretty effective tool to prevent baddie recruitment I can assure you. In a game called recruitment mafia I think doing something like that is not in the spirit of the game, so I will be the best I can of whatever I will be, but I will be far more excited to be recruited civ than bad.

I'm ok with DH talking about his poop, provided it is in nauseating brown. I understand unfurl's frustration with the lack of OT green.
you certainly don't think you two will end up on the same side? How can you possibly be certain of this when it has been well established that recruiters do not get to pick that way. The recruiters are not picking names directly and will not know exactly who they are recruiting until it is done. This is the first thing you've said in this game so far that makes me :ponder:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Question:

Is Day 1 about ridiculing others' reasons for finding suspicion?

OR

Is Day about articulating your own suspicions and following through?
Day 1 is about scratching your butt, eating potato chips, and finding some time in between to vote for someone for a bullshit reason.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok people this is clearly not a LMS game. Allow me to demonstrate...

From the hosts posts:
"Win Conditions

SD, I agree, but the only nuance to this is that those civvie groups mean the teams that will form, not the teams that start out fledged that way, like in regular setups.

In other words, the game started with 2 civ-aligned recruiters, 2 bad-aligned recruiters and is currently at 4 each.

SIDENOTE: I'm not entirely sure how Terras and the Guardians fit in this. Is Terras basically a Survivor-type indy that cannot be recruited? Also I assume other Guardians can be recruited, but they can still individually win with Terras, if he achieves his own win con. Does that make them basically double agents within any team they might be recruited too?

The rest, so far, are players whose abilities G-Man and myself have pointed out what a mixed bag they are: some positive, some negative, some ambiguous, some neutral. Recruitement will influence all of this.

So the usual civ-bad dichotomy develops progressively in this game and so will everyone's mentality be influenced by this mentality. Imagine yourself baddie-hunting hard for three days (in a genuine way) and getting recruited by Uzbekistan ISIS on D4. Whoops.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Randomized Ricochet.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

bea wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm less interested in the same old Day 1 debates surrounding the same old super talkative and aggressive players such as Epi, Golden, and Llama.

Right now, I'm much more interested in these folks:

DFaraday 3
DisgruntledPorcupine 3
Typhoony 3
Bass_the_Clever 2
Spacedaisy 2
Devin the Omniscient 1
DrWilgy 1
Sorsha 1

Hiding to avoid attention? :eye:

Llama, won't you join me in a crusade to interrogate low posters to at least get them talking? Possibly lynched? :llama:
Hmmmmm....not a bad idea actually.

Makes me want to look at voting for a low poster, as well as getting some to talk more.
Anyone in particular catch your eye? Is there someone you expect to talk more who hasn't? DP and DF are always "low posters" Bass is honestly a runner up here - SD has tech issues if I remember correctly, Sorsha's out town at a funeral. Devin is hella busy like us all, but maybe also is able to spend time with his wife (unlike myself. I miss my hubby)

I don't know dr wiggly

And typh is typh he will not comment off topic and he won't talk about things he finds redudent. Which given his Dutchie mentality is most everything. :p

Who exactly in the low posters do you want us to look at? And why?

You and MP both can feel free to answer that.
Take a look back at the list. Currently, those are all low posters I would feel comfortable voting for.

DFaraday: I forgot he was even playing.
Devin: He's posted a bit more, and I know he's behind, but I'd still like to hear something from him that's.....well, kind of his idea.
DrWilgy: The early vote thing may or may not mean anything. Can anyone answer if he's new to mafia or if he has played on another forum before?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Randomized Ricochet.
I will not be voting for DisgruntledPorcupine today.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:.He doesn't want to end it to his own lynch, is the point.... he knows that BOTH outcomes of that lynch outcome are bad for him.
How does Epi know anything?
Oh, I think he knows I am not bad just fine. He's just having fun.
But you don't seem to be having any fun.
I am not currently having fun.
Well you should be. At the end of the day, mafia is about having fun. If you're getting frustrated, walk away for awhile and take a chill pill or two.

Is now a bad time to mention that I'm not voting for either you or Epig today? :grin:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:DrWilgy: The early vote thing may or may not mean anything. Can anyone answer if he's new to mafia or if he has played on another forum before?
He joined from JTM.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

nutella wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm probably voting for BWT today. He's not playing like I think he would if he were still neutral. Feels like something is already on the line for him.
Now this is a compelling observation, and a vote I could maybe get behind./quote]
Somehow, I missed TH's post earlier. So I'll try and address it.

I'm not sure what he means by feeling "like something is already on the line" for me, so I'll wait to hear/read more on that.

But I will say that this is my first game of mafia in several months, and in the 5 or so years I've been playing, it's the longest break I've ever taken from the game. I was planning on going until the end of the year at least, but MP told me that Recruitment 4 was in signups, and I couldn't pass on this game. So if it's because of me posting more than I normally do, me making a conscious effort to be more active, or it seems like I'm more enthusiastic than I normally am this early on, then that answers all of that.

If it's something else entirely though, then let me know.

Linki: Then that makes me feel worse about his early vote. Unless their voting mechanics are significantly different from ours.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0)

bea wrote: I would also like to add here, IDK if teefies is bad or not yet. I DO know that there is something inside of me that always thinks he could be bad and wants to question him like an inquisitor from the beginning of the game. I know this is MY gig based on my play and hosting of and with him. But like SVS, he is someone I try to develop a read on as soon as I can. And I will question him and ask him hard questions till I feel I can be ok with him. It's just a thing I have. I'm tough cuz I love you David
That's okay, Jenn! I appreciate the tough love. :P
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Linki: Then that makes me feel worse about his early vote. Unless their voting mechanics are significantly different from ours.
Votes are changeable and expressed in writing.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: DFaraday: I forgot he was even playing.
Devin: He's posted a bit more, and I know he's behind, but I'd still like to hear something from him that's.....well, kind of his idea.
DrWilgy: The early vote thing may or may not mean anything. Can anyone answer if he's new to mafia or if he has played on another forum before?
BWT, this has been explained previous. Actually this has been explained previous multiple times now. I'm from JTM, and the fact that you somehow missed multiple accounts of that explanation bothers me.

I have a new angle. We have information, it's the contest. Does anyone know if anyone else here would be considered artsy? If so who would that artsy person find the challenge to be more enticing to participate in for strictly the compitition? I suppose what I'm asking is, who would want to enter that challenge? Who has a history of wanting to be a baddie? :ponder:

Can people verify if SVS is artsy in specific for me as well?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Spinning the old randomizer wheel before I leave for one my infamous 14 hour shifts today (help me).

I have a slight gut read that SVS has some power in this game, and I don't like it. So nothing against you, SVS, but you got my vote day 1.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I agree with daisy's analysis of people trying to push the this isn't a civ c bad game. It clearly is. Most of us don't know what team we will be on yet, but we will be either bad or good.

I think golden is mistaken to assume he and epic will definitely not be on a team together. especially assuming they are both neutral at this point, the could both be recruited by one of the civ recruiters. And because many of the recruitments happen in ways that are not necessarily the choice of the recruiter or even a contest.

and la and Dom are all grown up. Which I guess I knew intellectually. But yes, is old feeling making. And it's so hard to believe how young they were back when they both started. La especially (she started sooner I think)

Linkitis: one does not need to be artsy for a contest like this. Ability to google search images is just as useful.

Linkitis 2: I'm not accusing you of anything but I do want to point out that random ozone and voting someone for a reason are not the same. They are kind of opposites.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:Spinning the old randomizer wheel before I leave for one my infamous 14 hour shifts today (help me).

I have a slight gut read that SVS has some power in this game, and I don't like it. So nothing against you, SVS, but you got my vote day 1.
I'm confused. Is this a random vote or are you voting for SVS because you think she has an ability?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:Spinning the old randomizer wheel before I leave for one my infamous 14 hour shifts today (help me).

So was it random or a gut vote?

linki: ninja'd
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Spacedaisy wrote:Right now the fore runner for my vote is probably bwt. The way he jumped on the JJJ thing about golden using the word but, then back pedaled out of it, followed by him jumping into MP's case for voting a low poster, I'm just feeling all kinds of sketch from him right now.
I went away from Golden because I felt the explanation he offered me when I questioned him about it seemed fairly reasonable, and I overlooked/missed an earlier post from him where he further explained his initial response to the whole SVS thing.

I think in a game this large, there's just too much unknown to really be sure we're going to hit a target on Day 1. So I feel more comfortable voting for someone who is not contributing to the game that significantly. I know it takes some people time to really get into games, and I understand that. But in a game this large, I'd rather it be more about people actively participating and trying to get involved early on.

Now Day 2 on the other hand, I would start to look for more concrete reasons to lynch someone than "a low poster".
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I think you're inaccurate in stating that all recruiters are equally bad. I don't think there's ever been a RM with recruiters who are not one way or the other in terms of baddieness.
Okay you think I'm wrong. Technically I've been proven to be wrong. Obviously Daisy thinks I'm wrong too because she's already said that. What else do you want Daisy to say about my post? Do you think I'm "not a bad place" for Daisy to put her vote because I'm wrong?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Okay you think I'm wrong. Technically I've been proven to be wrong. Obviously Daisy thinks I'm wrong too because she's already said that. What else do you want Daisy to say about my post? Do you think I'm "not a bad place" for Daisy to put her vote because I'm wrong?
I said you were inaccurate. Whether you were intentionally inaccurate or not, (Or, whether Spacedaisy thinks you were intentionally inaccurate or not) informs whether or not you are a good vote option.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:

I'm confused. Is this a random vote or are you voting for SVS because you think she has an ability?
Correct.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Not a big fan of the whole melodramatic Golden stuff. I can see why Epi would be annoying but try taking a deep breath and relax.

I see people considering voting for low (content) posters. Maybe I will go with that. Day 1 is a crapshoot anyway.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Ricochet wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Linki: Then that makes me feel worse about his early vote. Unless their voting mechanics are significantly different from ours.
Votes are changeable and expressed in writing.
Oh okay. I thought votes weren't changeable in this game. My bad.
DrWilgy wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: DFaraday: I forgot he was even playing.
BWT, this has been explained previous. Actually this has been explained previous multiple times now. I'm from JTM, and the fact that you somehow missed multiple accounts of that explanation bothers me.

I have a new angle. We have information, it's the contest. Does anyone know if anyone else here would be considered artsy? If so who would that artsy person find the challenge to be more enticing to participate in for strictly the compitition? I suppose what I'm asking is, who would want to enter that challenge? Who has a history of wanting to be a baddie? :ponder:

Can people verify if SVS is artsy in specific for me as well?
Sorry. It's hard for me to keep track of everything that is occurring in this game. If I missed it previously, I apologize. If I missed it multiple times, then call me nubwithteeth11.

Not sure. I imagine there are certainly some people who would prefer to be recruited to a civ team over a baddie team. But I'll let other players speak for themselves there.

No idea of SVS is artsy or not.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

Morning, all!

So I thought a bit about things this morning while I tried to pretend to be asleep so my kids wouldn't bother me... so if these games usually end up with a traditional 60/40 split in terms of civ teams vs baddie teams, I can thus see the logic in attempting to sniff out a baddie recruiter. However, here's my problem. I personally don't think I can pull that off on this particular Day 1.

Whether we are talking about Golden, or Epig, or whoever, everyone is playing a certain part right now - I'm choosing to be neutral, others are saying they will be civ until they know what they will be... but at any moment, possibly even ALREADY, those same people will get recruited to a team, and in some cases it will be a team that is at odds with the persona they have chosen to portray in the thread. And so it means that EVERYONE is a potential liar, to me. Anyone saying they are civ-thinking may already be lying their asses off.

All of this to say that the odds of me sussing out a baddie recruiter today, with such a mess of acting and lying going on is low. And I don't have the time to try to find minutiae that would suggest it.

So I'm going to stick to the idea of voting for someone who is not around, for today. And I will be at work later and so will not be posting too much today.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

If you mean I am not a vanilla that would be correct. I think only 2 or 3 of us are vanilla. If you mean you think I am a recruiter that would be incorrect.

Your gut has left me puzzled, Lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can't say much at work, but one point I want to make is this: the importance of a lynch extends beyond just the alignment of the victim. Randomization ensures that a vote is not readable whatsoever and that it cannot progress the game.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I noticed that DrWilgy changed his vote from me, which Im glad :p, to Ricochet but I dont see why him?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

unfurl wrote:I noticed that DrWilgy changed his vote from me, which Im glad :p, to Ricochet but I dont see why him?
Wait, so votes are changeable? :eek:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

aapje wrote:Not a big fan of the whole melodramatic Golden stuff. I can see why Epi would be annoying but try taking a deep breath and relax.

I see people considering voting for low (content) posters. Maybe I will go with that. Day 1 is a crapshoot anyway.
we caught a mafia last game someone said that, so here's for good charm :P
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Votes are not changeable in this poll. Just sayin'. :mafia:
:evileye:
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Ricochet wrote:
unfurl wrote:I noticed that DrWilgy changed his vote from me, which Im glad :p, to Ricochet but I dont see why him?
Wait, so votes are changeable? :eek:
yes, cause Im not longer have his vote, dont know if that was magic :p

I noticed he did said he is new to the site and the way is play around here, but FYI people usually explained their vote like with a long reason, gut, randomized, revenge, lol reason, theory, case etc
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Ricochet wrote:
then how that vote was moved? maybe people who already voted can say if they are able to change it?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

The Recruitment Challenge is over, the leader shall now judge and make a decision. Sorry for the delay, I had the farrier here doing my horses feet.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

unfurl wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
then how that vote was moved? maybe people who already voted can say if they are able to change it?
I think the positions poll was fixed, but that's exactly what made me think the lynch polls will be as well. Weird.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

Just my two cents so far....I've been able to review the golden/epi "thing" and find it pretty hard to believe that a recruiter would come into the thread and ask for recruiting help/advice. (That's probably less than two cents worth but it's all I've had time for this morning)

Like others I feel like day one is usually a crap shoot...... and I think I have a case of day one voting anxiety :sigh:

Off to read some more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Oh hi there. I'm still playing, I swear. I'm also caught up on reading. Can I get a slow clap?

So here are my general thoughts because I didn't feel the need to comment on every little thing:

-The whole Epigknowitall vs. Goldenothavingfun didn't phase me at all at first because I've noticed that two people usually get into some kind of exhaustive debate the first day or two around here. That being said, I hope both of you stick around and find more useful and instructive things to fight about. And if you say you're going to drop it an ignore the other, for God's sake, follow through on that. Otherwise the back-and-forth reaches the point of

-Seeing the Llama drama with Ricochet gave me mixed feelings. Ditto for MP07 socking it to Ricochet a little.

-I thought Unfurl was talking good sense about just being different. I like to openly challenge playing conventions from time to time and I see nothing wrong with people who choose to operate just outside of them.

-Timmer was speaking some good truth on general topics though I can't say I follow him when he touched on specific players.

-Maybe the sign-up poll wasn't a means for picking experienced recruiters but perhaps a way for the hosts to force recruitment from either groups of players? Like maybe each recruiter will be allowed to try to recruit one experienced player and a newbie to the recruitment aspect. Just a thought.

-I'm looking the low-voter way but I am also working on a prototype system for ranking how I feel about people. You earn or lose points based on how I feel about things that you post. It's a very crude system right now but I'm hoping to use it as a way to improve my ability to "read" people. For today, I'll look to vote for someone hasn't made much of an impression on me at all, coupled with the number and quality of posts. There are a lot of low-posters on that list so far.

-Changeable votes? Bah! My spreadsheet does not approve. :suspish:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Spacedaisy wrote:Two things:

1. I'm here but I have to catch up

2. I'm having trouble with my iPad the last couple days, so bear with me trying to post.

Off to catch up.
Anyone else think that MP should give SD a better title now that they're hitched? Henchman just doesn't cut it in my book anymore ;)

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, with votes being changeable, this favors Wilgy's gameplay from JTM (did he know beforehand, though, lol? or did he just noticed, after casting his first vote), nevertheless voting without saying much or anything is still frowned upon, so I'm hoping to hear what determined his new vote. I played with him on JTM and I remember his activity being just as low, he was clipped as mafia after the first Night in that game.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Two things:

1. I'm here but I have to catch up

2. I'm having trouble with my iPad the last couple days, so bear with me trying to post.

Off to catch up.
Anyone else think that MP should give SD a better title now that they're hitched? Henchman just doesn't cut it in my book anymore ;)
Too true! He may be The Don, but she's now The Boss. :nicenod:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “Previous Jobs”