Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DharmaHelper, you currently rank 6th in post count but you have contributed close to nothing to the continuing conversation. What should I make of this observation?
I've contributed exactly as much as I've claimed to have contribute. I'm a man of my word. I'll get into the meat and mess soon.
DharmaHelper wrote:I've given up hope on me catching up. My vote will likely go towards breaking any ties or something.
:suspish:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

DharmaHelper wrote:I've given up hope on me catching up. My vote will likely go towards breaking any ties or something.
Oh that reminds me how much the hosts love ties :nicenod:

@Hosts: What happens if a position or lynch vote ends in a tie? Will we told if this happens?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
aapje wrote:Change of plan: the next person to change their vote will get mine for fucking with my spreadsheet.
Does going from unplaced vote to placed vote count as changing votes?
Try me :srsnod:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DharmaHelper, you currently rank 6th in post count but you have contributed close to nothing to the continuing conversation. What should I make of this observation?
I've contributed exactly as much as I've claimed to have contribute. I'm a man of my word. I'll get into the meat and mess soon.
:suspish:
:ponder:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I wish I'd known votes are changeable. I'd have been driving you spreadsheeters insane all phase long. Y'all are going to hate me. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: :ponder:
Congratulations, you're tied for 1st place in today's tally! :clap:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Do you have a reason behind your vote?

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Question from a foreigner: what does LMS mean?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Time for me to disappear into RL for the weekend, so I have to vote now.

Of the 16 players who failed to register a positive or negative score on my newfangled setup, I took the 8 who made the fewest posts. From there, I removed the three female players because I am a gentleman. Of those five remaining players, I eliminated the one who hasn't posted yet during Day 1 because I am fair and want all players to have a chance to post during the day before I vote unless I have good reason to do otherwise. Of these final four, I voted for the player who had the least compelling content in their posts.

Voted Tranq.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

G-Man wrote:Time for me to disappear into RL for the weekend, so I have to vote now.

Of the 16 players who failed to register a positive or negative score on my newfangled setup, I took the 8 who made the fewest posts. From there, I removed the three female players because I am a gentleman. Of those five remaining players, I eliminated the one who hasn't posted yet during Day 1 because I am fair and want all players to have a chance to post during the day before I vote unless I have good reason to do otherwise. Of these final four, I voted for the player who had the least compelling content in their posts.

Voted Tranq.
So you put everyone into a randomizer and came up with a convoluted way to explain your vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Unfulfilled pledges to provide substantive content were a hallmark of my most recent anti-town performance. I'm personally familiar with the notion. As active as this game has been so far, I don't think it has been impossible to keep up -- particularly not for someone who's been present often enough to put up over 70 posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Question from a foreigner: what does LMS mean?
Last Man Standing
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Unfulfilled pledges to provide substantive content were a hallmark of my most recent anti-town performance. I'm personally familiar with the notion. As active as this game has been so far, I don't think it has been impossible to keep up -- particularly not for someone who's been present often enough to put up over 70 posts.
I don't think it's fair of you to judge me based on your game style, particularly when you've never played with me and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Question from a foreigner: what does LMS mean?
Last Man Standing
Cool beans, thanks.

My immediate inclination is to not think ill of players who have wondered aloud about the potential for this game to feature some manner of LMS characteristics. Even considering the civilian/baddie designations offered by the moderators, the nature of this setup seems to point that way inherently. It can't be true LMS of course, but it can be pretty close. Last team standing, potentially a pretty small team in the grand scheme of this huge roster.

I think it merely reflects an alternative mindset, and moreover so many people have espoused this perspective that it's impossible for all of them to be bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:Time for me to disappear into RL for the weekend, so I have to vote now.

Voted Tranq.
That's sexist yo. Do you want me to remind everyone what happened in LMS 3 Mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I don't think it's fair of you to judge me based on your game style, particularly when you've never played with me and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
It's not my style, it's fundamentally suspicious. Whether I've played with you is irrelevant in the context of something that is fundamentally suspicious. Moreover, me having "no idea what I'm talking about" is an awkward non sequitur following from the prior comment. What about my content, even if just in that accusatory post, suggests that I have no idea what I'm talking about, and how is that a "particular" modifier to enhance anything else you might say about me?

If I have no idea what I'm talking about, then that is the only argument you need to make right? Everything I say is valueless by default if that's the case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Voted Tranq.
So you put everyone into a randomizer and came up with a convoluted way to explain your vote.
Nope. Here are the 16 who failed to register:

bea
Boomslang
Canucklehead
Devin the Omniscient
DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
LoRab
nutella
reywaS
Roxy
Spacedaisy
TinyBubbles
Tranq
Turnip Head
Typhoony

The lowest 8 posters at that time were:

Boomslang
DFaraday
DrWilgy
LoRab
nutella
TinyBubbles
Tranq
Typhoony

Then I removed the three ladies:

Boomslang
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Tranq
Typhoony

Then I removed the one who hasn't given us anything to chew on yet Day 1:

Boomslang
DrWilgy
Tranq
Typhoony

And then I looked at their posts. Any other questions? If so, too bad. You probably won't see me for at least 19 hours. :)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
It's not my style, it's fundamentally suspicious. Whether I've played with you is irrelevant in the context of something that is fundamentally suspicious. Moreover, me having "no idea what I'm talking about" is an awkward non sequitur following from the prior comment. What about my content, even if just in that accusatory post, suggests that I have no idea what I'm talking about, and how is that a "particular" modifier to enhance anything else you might say about me?

If I have no idea what I'm talking about, then that is the only argument you need to make right? Everything I say is valueless by default if that's the case.
Furthermore, I've engaged in plenty of discussion, I've just had difficulty re-reading the parts I was absent for. :noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

G-Man wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Voted Tranq.
Nope. Here are the 16 who failed to register:

bea
Boomslang
Canucklehead
Devin the Omniscient
DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
LoRab
nutella
reywaS
Roxy
Spacedaisy
TinyBubbles
Tranq
Turnip Head
Typhoony

The lowest 8 posters at that time were:

Boomslang
DFaraday
DrWilgy
LoRab
nutella
TinyBubbles
Tranq
Typhoony

Then I removed the three ladies:

Boomslang
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Tranq
Typhoony

Then I removed the one who hasn't given us anything to chew on yet Day 1:

Boomslang
DrWilgy
Tranq
Typhoony

And then I looked at their posts. Any other questions? If so, too bad. You probably won't see me for at least 19 hours. :)
Well it was fun egging you on.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Tranq »

This is why we need a linkback function:

I almost gave up on reading through the Golden-Epignosis posts. I'm glad it finally got to the point where Epignosis very clearly stated why he suspected Golden, and highlighted the quote. You should do that more often :p
That said, while i don't agree with the suspicion, Golden going with a "lynch me" attitude isn't helping anyone. Golden, you've mentioned doing this in King Arthur before. While you got yourself lynched, i don't remember it ended up being a smart move. I suggest you snap out of it :nicenod:

As for the LMS debate, i really disagree with Spacedaisy's post. Especially the first couple of Days you're going to find players with this sort of mindset, yet people keep getting lynched because of it (i think myself in RM1 or RM2, and as Typhoony pointed out Timmer in RM3). It's a fun way to play early in the game. I'm not voting for someone that's clearly enjoying and embracing a different setup.

@ G-Man: :pout:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok so I have a crazy theory. I think MP or llama could be recruiters. I think they have made good points about low posters not getting recruited and then are left unaffiliated and therefor there is no reason to lynch the low posters. It also makes sense that the recruiters would want to take heat away from the more vocal players because they want to recruit those players. I also dont think BR or LC would give an important role like a recruiter to a super low posters or someone who flakes during games. This might sound crazy but I think its possible.
Does anyone out there think Bass shouldn't be lynched as soon as humanly possible for this post? When it is considered in the context of his tiny post history with no follow-up, it bears the appearance of TMI at worst or manipulative filler at best -- and it's partially built upon stated agreement with MP for a point MP never actually made.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Voted Tranq.
That's sexist yo. Do you want me to remind everyone what happened in LMS 3 Mafia?
Here's what happened.

Everyboday lynched rabbit on Day 6. Bass was the only male left, along with SVS (his coalition partner), Black Rock, Roxy, Elohcin, and unfurl. SVS was nightkilled that Night. Then the rest of the women turned on Bass, devouring him in neat and orderly fashion. It was dreadful to watch, and Bass didn't stand a chance.

Lesson of that game, don't leave Bass alone in a room with four other women.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I will not vote for Tranq today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Tranq »

Neither will i.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:@JJ - what do you think, specifically, of MM's posts in relation to BWT?
A quick scan revealed nothing striking to me, what should I be looking for? The only curious thing I saw was, if I am interpreting correctly, MM stating his unwillingness to vote BWT because BWT is off-meta. That'd be interesting and MM should talk about that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Voted Tranq.
Here's what happened.

Everyboday lynched rabbit on Day 6. Bass was the only male left, along with SVS (his coalition partner), Black Rock, Roxy, Elohcin, and unfurl. SVS was nightkilled that Night. Then the rest of the women turned on Bass, devouring him in neat and orderly fashion. It was dreadful to watch, and Bass didn't stand a chance.

:feb:
;)
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I'm just going to throw out there that The Seemer is a position 1 power. Which really might make for interesting lynch analysis or lack thereof the possibility for.

@JJJ (can I call you JJJ?) I'm not sure I get what you find suspicious about Bass's post. Could you elaborate?
Tranq wrote: As for the LMS debate, i really disagree with Spacedaisy's post. Especially the first couple of Days you're going to find players with this sort of mindset, yet people keep getting lynched because of it (i think myself in RM1 or RM2, and as Typhoony pointed out Timmer in RM3). It's a fun way to play early in the game. I'm not voting for someone that's clearly enjoying and embracing a different setup.
I think what SD was trying to get at (or what I took from it and agree with) is the people who seem to be insisting that this is not a Good vs Bad game at all. Commentary on and enjoying the setup is something different. But there could be some nafarious goal in those pushing that there are no baddies and civies (TH comes to mind). Or that there are just factions not teams (Roxy comes to mind).

I'm not sure I want to vote for either of them, because I think that in a complex game, with the added idea of clans, it's not impossible to be confused. I do, however, think that it's possible that a baddie might want to perpetuate the confusion and get people to believe that there aren't baddies.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

Im gonna go ahead and vote
Im gonna sort of revenge vote for MP, cause he did never explained why he voted for me, yes we had some back in forth, and I think part of the main reason he started going after me was because I laugh that he was going after low posters while he was trying to be super good-helpfull at trying to find the recruiters, that was the easy way out to appear helpfull
yes he said to be busy and what not, but he manages to post after votting for me, let see if he comes back posting 10000 post after this
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:@JJ - what do you think, specifically, of MM's posts in relation to BWT?
A quick scan revealed nothing striking to me, what should I be looking for? The only curious thing I saw was, if I am interpreting correctly, MM stating his unwillingness to vote BWT because BWT is off-meta. That'd be interesting and MM should talk about that.
The only game I have played with BWT that stands out in my memory is Monopoly Mafia. He and I were two utilities, and the only two members of our baddie team in that game. I just looked back at that game though, and apparently I misrememberd how BWT behaved in that game, so I will rescind my statement that BWT is acting off-meta.

Here is a case that Epignosis made on BWT in that game that got him lynched. It's worth a read if you're interested. I still will not vote for birdwithteeth11 today though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab wrote:@JJJ (can I call you JJJ?) I'm not sure I get what you find suspicious about Bass's post. Could you elaborate?
He proposed a "crazy theory" that would implicate two of the most vocal players in the game (MP and llama) for reasons that are either outright incorrect (such as Bass's reference to MP's point about low posters) or make no sense in a Mafia game (suggesting the mods manipulated the roles to ensure the recruiters were/were not specific people) -- and he hasn't followed up on it or said anything at all since that point. I think MP is a very easy target right now and he was then too; Bass might have been opportunistic with that in mind.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok so I have a crazy theory. I think MP or llama could be recruiters. I think they have made good points about low posters not getting recruited and then are left unaffiliated and therefor there is no reason to lynch the low posters. It also makes sense that the recruiters would want to take heat away from the more vocal players because they want to recruit those players. I also dont think BR or LC would give an important role like a recruiter to a super low posters or someone who flakes during games. This might sound crazy but I think its possible.
Does anyone out there think Bass shouldn't be lynched as soon as humanly possible for this post? When it is considered in the context of his tiny post history with no follow-up, it bears the appearance of TMI at worst or manipulative filler at best -- and it's partially built upon stated agreement with MP for a point MP never actually made.
I have to vote here shortly. I know I'm voting for a low poster. Even better if I can find one who has either contributed nothing, or offered up a dangerous idea.

I would say this falls under the context of what I'm looking for simply because he has not returned to offer up any further expansion upon this idea. So to me, it feels like someone just dropping a line on both MP and llama, walking away, and waiting to see if someone else develops it.

Give me a minute to look through some stuff and then I'll cast up a vote.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bold assertion:

The original recruiters have not pushed distinct agendas in this thread, at least not yet. They've done everything in their power to keep their names out of everyone else's posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Voted Tranq.
Here's what happened.

So can we safely assume Bass is not a ladies' man?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bold assertion:

The original recruiters have not pushed distinct agendas in this thread, at least not yet. They've done everything in their power to keep their names out of everyone else's posts.
I don't think this is too bold to consider.

Linki @BWT: well it didn't help that his mother was one of the four, and she created a mafia game that actually did involve eating other players. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Linki @BWT: well it didn't help that his mother was one of the four, and she created a mafia game that actually did involve eating other players. :P
I just want to know if they seasoned him first. I usually prefer salmon over a garlic butter sauce, but I'm sure it works with other fish too. :llama:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Something I like about BWT in this game so far despite my misgivings: he seems to be playing pretty loose.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I just want to know if they seasoned him first. I usually prefer salmon over a garlic butter sauce, but I'm sure it works with other fish too. :llama:
They probably used Old Bay Seasoning. Bass knows what I'm talking about. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. I've reached a verdict.

First though, I want to go back to the 8 lowest posters:

Boomslang
DFaraday
DrWilgy
LoRab
nutella
TinyBubbles
Tranq
Typhoony

I had narrowed this list down to 3 people last time: DFaraday, DrWilgy, and either Tranq or Typh (I forget now). Tranq and Typh have both contributed during Day 1, so cross them off. DrWilgy made me suspicious with his vote at first, but he offered up a reasonable explanation so he's off the list. Which leaves us with the one person I honestly do not remember posting at all during Day 1 (and didn't last time I checked)...

Votes DFaraday
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

They probably used Old Bay Seasoning. Bass knows what I'm talking about. :nicenod:
I've honestly never used Old Bay Seasoning for anything. Is it worthwhile?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Less than 2.5 hours remain and a ton of votes are still off the board. Y'all get in here and help us kill someone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote:I'm just going to throw out there that The Seemer is a position 1 power. Which really might make for interesting lynch analysis or lack thereof the possibility for.
shit. I hate seemers. :|
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:@JJJ (can I call you JJJ?) I'm not sure I get what you find suspicious about Bass's post. Could you elaborate?
He proposed a "crazy theory" that would implicate two of the most vocal players in the game (MP and llama) for reasons that are either outright incorrect (such as Bass's reference to MP's point about low posters) or make no sense in a Mafia game (suggesting the mods manipulated the roles to ensure the recruiters were/were not specific people) -- and he hasn't followed up on it or said anything at all since that point. I think MP is a very easy target right now and he was then too; Bass might have been opportunistic with that in mind.
I agree with JJJ's interpretation here -- in fact I remember finding Bass's "crazy theory" weird when he posted it, but I forgot to bring it up (since he has otherwise kept off the spotlight entirely). I think that his accusation of MP/llama was not only opportunistic but nefariously wifom-y. He's like "no way could a low poster, such as myself, be a recruiter!" He basically used a big No U in an attempt to swing the talk of low posters back onto the vocal players -- a very easy target for a quickly manufactured "theory" made to appear as if he was really contributing.

In case I don't get a chance later (and since votes are changeable anyway), I am placing my vote on Bass.

linki: ha, mixing up tranq and typh, classic! :haha: they love it when people do that! :nicenod:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't have much time left, but I'm going to have to narrow my votes down some more.

I will not vote for Russtfinko today. He was playing actively before I developed my Day 1 strategy, so I had not since considered that.
I will not vote for Typhoony today. I have never played with him before, and wouldn't mind seeing how he plays. Voting for him Day 1 would put a damper on that.
I will not vote for DrWilgy today. Despite not posting that he had voted, he is doing things, even if it's at his own pace. Also, his avatar on JTM is awesome. :nicenod:
I will not vote for G-Man today. He is actually posting somewhat normally this game.
I will not vote for Bass today. The recollection of LMS 3 gives me the heeby-jeebies.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I've honestly never used Old Bay Seasoning for anything. Is it worthwhile?
I had never tried it before either. But last Christmas, we did a gift exchange here on the Syndicate, and Bass sent me a large container of it. Now I use it all the time. It is really tasty on my morning potatoes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MM, which players haven't you eliminated yet? I'm curious who's in your pool of possible votes but I don't want to go through all your posts to make a list :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote:MM, which players haven't you eliminated yet? I'm curious who's in your pool of possible votes but I don't want to go through all your posts to make a list :p
I have a list written down actually that I've been crossing off. :D That players left are...
  • Boomslang
    Bullzeye
    Devin the Omniscient
    DFaraday
    Sorsha
I feel like I've narrowed it down pretty far.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Less than 2.5 hours remain and a ton of votes are still off the board. Y'all get in here and help us kill someone.
Currently weighing up my options. Leaning toward a low contributor, but first I want to go back over Unfurl. I found her seeming unwillingness to get involved suspicious early on and think I might look to see if anything she's said since can change my mind. I know a few people seemed to write off the case against her saying it's just her way of being.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Maybe its just me MM but my name feels very conspicuous there in amongst a bunch of low posters...
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang is online now. I will not vote for Boomslang today.
I also recall Bullzeye being a strong contributor today. I will not vote for Bullzeye today.

Linki: speak of the devil.

Linki 2: you're off my list you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Less than 2.5 hours remain and a ton of votes are still off the board. Y'all get in here and help us kill someone.
Currently weighing up my options. Leaning toward a low contributor, but first I want to go back over Unfurl. I found her seeming unwillingness to get involved suspicious early on and think I might look to see if anything she's said since can change my mind. I know a few people seemed to write off the case against her saying it's just her way of being.
My take on unfurl is that her content is baddie-compatible but not necessarily baddie-indicative. I'm willing to call her a suspect still because her responses to accusations have seemed pretty null that's just me being me. It should be noted though that other people who know her better seem to agree with that assessment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Boomslang is online now. I will not vote for Boomslang today.
I also recall Bullzeye being a strong contributor today. I will not vote for Bullzeye today.

I wouldn't have minded being on it, I just felt like you were lumping me in with a bunch of people who had less than 10 posts and it made me think you were saying I wasn't taking part.

Linki JJJ - That's basically what I mean. People who know her well agree with her defense to that one point so I want to see if there's anything else. I'd sort of forgotten her altogether until I saw her vote for MP just now. Having played quite a few games with Unfurl I've never really felt like I know her or her style all that well so I still might defer to the judgement of those wiser than me. Or I might not. We shall see.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Boomslang is online now. I will not vote for Boomslang today.

Thanks bro! Anyway, not sure where I'll be in two hours, so I should probably vote now. Although I'd like to pursue the points I've raised earlier throughout the game, I think the case on Bass is the most evidence-based at this point. A very suspicious post, built on spurious reasoning and not followed up, is not civ behavior. *votes Bass*

Return to “Previous Jobs”