Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Why would MP go out of his way to say Daisy wouldn't make a good recruit? If course she would make a good recruit. His response was completely unnecessary. Looks like a massive over correction to me. Either he has already recruited her or he intends to. MP has a good chance of receiving my vote today.
I can get behind an MP lynch :nicenod:
Jerk. :sigh:

Good thing I cooled down before reading this. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oops, maybe I should quote posts in one big post and spoiler the quotes, just to make it easier to read. Sorry for the multiple posts.
Spoiler: show
Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I have been quite clear in the fact that I vacationing at the beach until tiesday being relentless pestered by small children and trying to keep up on my phone. I'm sorry that I have been able to weigh in on every topic of discussion, but at least I am not missing votes. I am basing my votes on pings as I see them until I get back. If that makes me a liability, then don't recruit me to your team.
You're right. I'm sorry as well. I understand why you think I've overreacted because I have. I really don't want to get lynched on D2 over baseless reasons this game. Surely you can relate to being an easy lynch.

I'll move my vote.
Make sure you bold it!

linki- that goes for you too MM!

I think MP's frustrations are genuine, but I think they are coming different angles. Angry Birds shouldn't be an excuse here, and I actually don't see the passive-aggressiveness he's expressing via Rico and llama, but hey man, everybody's got something going on. It's just whooshing right over my head. Last time I saw MP this wound up was in Watchmen, and that was when he was taking a bit of heat before the vote. This, however, doesn't seem like heat for a vote, but for a myriad of personal semantic and personal reasons. He was frustrated civ in that game, but I don't know if I read that here.

Y'all ever tried crack cocaine? I was hanging out on the street yesterday with a buddy who had recently been dumped and this homeless man started talking with us about the miracles of crack. He invited us to his lair between buildings to try some, and my buddy felt like he had nothing better to do. So he joined in while I went to the pharmacy to get some mango spears. The line there had only 2 people but took like 10 minutes- no kidding!! :suspish: - and by the time I got back, my buddy had already left with a girl he had met at the bodega nearby, homeless man was nowhere to be seen. This morning he texted and said he had a crazy night, and it was the best decision of his life. Those mango spears were in so very ripe and in season and I DEVOURED them as well :workit: . All in all, a good night had by all!

Don't be afraid to try something new, MP. You do you. I know you are stressed out, and I get that feel. But you may want to check that at the door, since, to me anyway, it doesn't do your civ cred- in this game at least- any favors.
Scotty, thanks, duly noted. I'm not using Angry Birds as an excuse; I just was listing literally every thing that was agitating me (except PhD work, but the fact that I always have 9,001 things to get done at any given time is always agitating).

I try to check it at the door as much as I can. I feel like I am mostly stressed for in-game reasons, but there's no denying that I have a lot of pressure on myself at any given moment due to RL factors, so I am more likely to get upset than I otherwise should be or would like to be. I often think I try my best to control it. But... continuous improvement. :beer:

So why did I receive your vote exactly?
unfurl wrote:I was very silly in Fight Club, 99% of the time, the only reason I won is cause I got recruited by BR team, and it was almost toward the end of the game, so they already had done the hard work

You are even admiting that you dont know me, and you did voted for me with out giving me a chance to get more into it, one vote is not much, but thats how some bandwagons start and I did revenge voted you, cause I did felt you were judging me for not trying, but at the end your vote was weak and easy to get out of the way
so who was not really trying?
unfurl, noted re: Fight Club.

You really think I haven't been trying this game?
Canucklehead wrote:Popping in while I take a 5 minute pomodoro break.
This MP/Llama thing is loud, but I currently am not reading either player as bad. Llama is not able to be fully involved at the moment, which may explain the "weak" or "ridiculous" (according to MP) rationale for his votes, or maybe he's just poking hornets nests to see what flies out.....either way, I don't find it particularly suspicious (and if it's the latter, it's actually been rather effective). MP, on the other hand, has definitely (imho, and his too) overreacted to something that I would consider NBD.....but again, I don't find that overreaction particularly suspicious. I can't remember a game that I've played recently with MP in which he has not had a dramatic outburst. He was bad in at least one of those (RR), but I doubt he was bad in all (but I haven't actually verified that, so :shrug: grains of salt liberally applied). Overreacting MP is not necessarily a sign of bad MP in my eyes at this time.

Interestingly, it's the side character to this whole llama/MP kerfuffle that I've actually been pinged by today. Lemme go pull the quote and I'll tell y'all why it made me itchy....
Canuck, thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I admittedly have a hard time not getting caught up in the moment at least once almost every game I play, even though I am embarrassed whenever I get emotional in games and try my best to avoid it. I just really get invested in games. And RR was fabricated, but yeah... knew that would haunt me for a while. :P

What other current suspects do you have (other than your next post which I will address in a second)?
Canucklehead wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I saw the move he was making before Epi died. Personally, I say well played. He wanted Epi out and he made it happen, either with a kill or baiting a kill. I can't say I am glad Epi is dead necessarily, but I'm impressed.
Impressed enough to recruit him?
Spacedaisy wrote:Unlikely. I think too much like Golden, I would want to build a team with various strengths if I was recruiting. Golden is my brain twin and as much as I enjoy playing with him and would love btsc with him, I wouldn't recruit him knowingly.
This little interaction pinged me something fierce.
DH's question seemed pretty jokey/prodding/not-so-serious to me (but maybe that's because I unconsciously interpret all of DH's posts as cheeky jokes?), and Daisy's response seems disproportionately Sri Bisniz. Like, I would have expected a response to "Hey, did you recruit Golden lulz?" to be a simple ":P" or something..... but instead we get an elaborate explanation of SD's reasoning for why she would never ever recruit Golden. Just seems a bit tonally out of keeping with the nature of the question, which makes me think there's perhaps a little more overthinking going on on SD's end, and not as much off-the-cuff/natural responding as I would expect from someone neutral at this point.

Obviously, this is not damning. It may not be enough to even get my vote. And I fully recognize that the root of the perceived discrepancy between question/answer could simply be a difference in personality between SD and myself, and nothing nefarious at all. But it did ping me, so I thought I'd share. :llama:
Canuck, regarding your observation here with the interaction between DH and Daisy, it's an interesting point. I can see why you came to that conclusion, but I personally find nothing of use in it, no offense intended. Despite knowing Daisy really well, I openly admit I'm not always the best at reading her in mafia games, so may that be known.

Nonetheless, I feel pretty strongly that Daisy's response is in character for her. I joke with her all the time about Golden being her brain twin because they do think a lot alike. I don't really see anything in her response that seems too serious or anything like that. If anything, I might be suspicious if she had responded in a jokey manner, because that indicates to me that she felt a reason not to give DH a straight-shooter answer.

Does that make sense?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now I can slink away again. Stuff to get done. Not sure how much I'll be around the rest of D2, just a warning, since Mondays and Wednesdays are my busiest days this semester.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Oh boy, Day 2 drama :p

MP's overreaction was a bit uncomfortable but I don't think it makes him guilty, just frustrated. And the discussion of Daisy and recruitment is WIFOMy but I read both sides as genuine. As for Llama, I'm not sure why he got so many (temporary) votes; I didn't see anything super out-of-character from him either.

Btw, why is nobody talking about the Keeper of Ravens message?? I would really like to figure out what it means...

[quote=Keeper of Ravens]CHAOS! CHAOS IS UPON US! Brothers and Sisters if we are to survive this
plite, questions must be answered immediately! You know the questions.
For the answers... you must look north, for there you will find truth."[/quote]

Is it just referring to the lynch poll? :confused:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fucking quote tags
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh and since votes are changeable I think I might as well throw an early vote out there as a prod. I'd still like to hear more from Bass.

*votes Bass*
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Make that "I'd still REALLY like to hear ANYTHING from Bass." He hasn't posted since that "crazy theory" that got him attention -- he completely disappeared after that (did he even vote Day 1?) Where did he go?? He only has 4 posts and that is the only one of any substance.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Tranq »

nutella wrote:Btw, why is nobody talking about the Keeper of Ravens message?? I would really like to figure out what it means...
Keeper of Ravens wrote:CHAOS! CHAOS IS UPON US! Brothers and Sisters if we are to survive this
plite, questions must be answered immediately! You know the questions.
For the answers... you must look north, for there you will find truth."
Is it just referring to the lynch poll? :confused:
"Lift up your eyes and look north, John" :noble:

Maybe it means the Keeper of Ravens suspects aapje :shrug2:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Golden »

Tranq wrote:This post stood out to me. Why would you assume BWT wouldn't flip? Note Golden posted this before the lynch post revealed BWT didn't flip.
I had no idea what the voting situation was at the time the night ended early and I didn't figure out the difference in time zone, but just from a basic calculation it seemed early enough that there was no reason to assume BWT would flip. He only really led within the last hour or so.

I didn't assume no-one would flip, but I'm not sure why anyone would assume BWT would flip on a day that the night ended early. I was responding to Bea who hadn't caught up enough to have realised the night was ended early.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Tranq wrote:I don't see anything wrong with her having the attitude you described Day 1 in a Recruitment game. Especially her post here is one i agree with. I don't read her as having 0 intention in discussing anything (i think she has posted quite a bit since your interactions), i read it as wanting to play the game in her own way. I'm sure as the game progresses she'll have more original posts and thoughts.
So as for your suspicions and her posts so far, i don't think it points to unfurl being a Recruiter or having been recruited.

What do you make of DrWilgy wanting to be friends with unfurl?
Tranq, thanks for elaborating on this. You're correct that's essentially what I was seeing in unfurl.

As to the last line, why is that exactly? Do you think a Recruiter or recruited would be more apt to share their own opinions?

Regarding DrWilgy, I have no idea what to make of it. Apparently, he's friends with MM now as well. What do you make of it?
I bolded the last line you're referring to. I'm saying i didn't notice any atypical unfurl behaviour, which means i have no reason to believe she is a Recruiter or has been recruited.

As for DrWilgy, no idea. I keep thinking of that awkward moment when you're not sure what do it with getting a friend request from someone you've only briefly met once :p
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Golden wrote:
Tranq wrote:This post stood out to me. Why would you assume BWT wouldn't flip? Note Golden posted this before the lynch post revealed BWT didn't flip.
I had no idea what the voting situation was at the time the night ended early and I didn't figure out the difference in time zone, but just from a basic calculation it seemed early enough that there was no reason to assume BWT would flip. He only really led within the last hour or so.

I didn't assume no-one would flip, but I'm not sure why anyone would assume BWT would flip on a day that the night ended early. I was responding to Bea who hadn't caught up enough to have realised the night was ended early.
I see. When i read the post that stood out to me i initially theorized you could've been the Supreme Judge. Then i realised probably not as i feel you would've used that power to lynch someone else :p

What do you make of DrWilgy?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sorry I haven't been around life is kinda crazy with my new job. There are so many pages I need to read and I will be honest I probably wont read all of them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I understand where MP is coming from completely. I don't get the suspicion on him, I won't be voting for him today. I don't see anything off about his responses to llama.

I don't intend to vote llama - when he says he's been away, hasn't been able to fully read and is voting hunches, I believe him.

@tranq - DrWilgy is new to me and new to the site. His behaviour is certainly... different. None of it has specifically pinged me yet, but should I read him back?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And just as I say that, I get to this.

He votes llama, then votes MP? Eh?
DrWilgy wrote:Vote registered for MovingPictures07
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Boomslang wrote:Now that we've got this MP/Llama stuff, can be return to talking about Golden? The whole "I baited the baddies into a making the kill for me" line seems... unlikely to me. How could he have known that Epi was on the baddie team opposite from the one making the kill, unless he himself was on the baddie team making the kill?
I've already addressed this, in quite thorough detail...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Speaker of Serenity wrote:Please lynch Turnip Head. That is all.
Ah, I did not realize that this was from the Speaker of Serenity, and I was confuzzled.

Linki @MM, yes that was confusing ha ha. I was like why would the game mod tell you to do things lol.
I dunno, but if I hear the voice of Mod, I will follow.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I just read something about MP saying Daisy wouldn't be a good recruit. WTF? Are you serious? She did such an amazing job in death note and she is now your wife so you wouldnt have to hide that you are a recruiter from her. If you are a recruiter, which I still think you could be then you would be dumb not to recruit her.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Im going to go ahead a vote on my gut read for now and vote MP.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It is a placeholder vote for now, really, but I'm happy to join the train and vote

bass_the_clever

And keep him from the pain of having to catch up on the thread.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Now that we've got this MP/Llama stuff, can be return to talking about Golden? The whole "I baited the baddies into a making the kill for me" line seems... unlikely to me. How could he have known that Epi was on the baddie team opposite from the one making the kill, unless he himself was on the baddie team making the kill?
I would imagine quite a few people are going to ask for an explanation of this seeming dichotomy. You might want to have your original explanation in cut & paste. I would not mind hearing it again.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've just had an absolutely miserable evening, and my ability to put any focus on a mafia game is decimated. I'll request replacement if I've not recovered by tomorrow. Sorry everyone.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:It is a placeholder vote for now, really, but I'm happy to join the train and vote

bass_the_clever

Cop out. Why didn't you do the same for MP?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:It is a placeholder vote for now, really, but I'm happy to join the train and vote

bass_the_clever

I don't think MP is bad. I'm voting you to tie the vote, because I don't want MP to be lynched. Why did you jump on a bandwagon?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Just got in from a busy day - gonna go catch up now but still got stuff to do so it might be a while before I'm back again!
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

bass_the_clever

I don't think MP is bad. I'm voting you to tie the vote, because I don't want MP to be lynched. Why did you jump on a bandwagon?
Well Since I only have like 4 or 5 post and 2 of them are about me think MP could be bad I think it would be odd if I didnt vote him. If you were just trying to save MP from being lynched why not just state that instead of giving a bull shit excuse?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
I would imagine quite a few people are going to ask for an explanation of this seeming dichotomy. You might want to have your original explanation in cut & paste. I would not mind hearing it again.
There is no point cutting and pasting the same thing into the thread. It's still there if people want to hear it again, it isn't going anywhere.

I do not think epi was civ. I think he was neutral or bad.

It didn't matter what baddie team he was on if he was bad. I could have baited a kill on night one or night two. Why does it matter?

I wanted epi dead because I do not believe he was ever going to end up on the same team as me. This game isn't as simple as civ vs bad and I'm not sure why people are trying to force 'epi was bad' into my motives. I'm not saying epi was absolutely certainly bad. I'm saying epi was absolutely certainly not civ. I still think it most likely he was neutral.

@JJ - I'm really sorry to hear that man! I hope things are looking up tomorrow.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

bass_the_clever

Do you think i'm bad?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

bass_the_clever

Well Since I only have like 4 or 5 post and 2 of them are about me think MP could be bad I think it would be odd if I didnt vote him. If you were just trying to save MP from being lynched why not just state that instead of giving a bull shit excuse?
The 'bullshit excuse' is also a real reason. You (or, more accurately, the person who admits to not keeping up with the thread, whoever they are) would be a perfect recruit for a baddie team.

It's about timing, not about who. Voting for you right now is to bring back the tie. Why are you voting for MP right now?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

bass_the_clever

The 'bullshit excuse' is also a real reason. You (or, more accurately, the person who admits to not keeping up with the thread, whoever they are) would be a perfect recruit for a baddie team.

It's about timing, not about who. Voting for you right now is to bring back the tie. Why are you voting for MP right now?
Because I think he is bad.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

bass_the_clever

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

bass_the_clever

Ebwop
Here is why Im voting MP .
Why would I make a good recruit? I'm barley paying attention. I would have been a horrible recruit and now I'm have 3 votes with less then ten post so I don't think I will be recruited anytime soon.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass, put it like this.

You theorised that the recruiters were likely to be people who are known for always participating fully. That might take the heat of you as being a recruiter. I don't think you would be likely to make that statement if you were a civilian recruiter. You might if you were a baddie recruiter. I saw that statement as being likely neutral.

But, who is more likely to recruit the person admitting they aren't reading the thread?

It sounds a bit mean, but you've kind of admitted it yourself. You wouldn't make a great recruit. At least, not for the civilians who need to solve the game. But someone like that can also be very hard to lynch. Not a bad candidate for a baddie recruit.

In any event, with you I see a worst case scenario of being neutral, and that is ok with me. I'm trying to avoid lynching people who are civs. I don't think you are civ.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But the reason I voted for you RIGHT THEN was to keep it level with MP, otherwise I would have waited on it longer. I don't think you are a bad vote (a better vote than MP) but it is definitely far more about saving MP than lynching you.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:popcorn:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, if Golden doesn't get Bass lynched, he will just get the baddies to kill him for him.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

:sigh:

Playing from behind again. I see we have votes already. Going back to read what I've missed. TTFN.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

hey wash't ups im a bit tipsy right now

I see we already have votes, not even halfway through the Day. Good thing we don't have any lockdown, ey? :p

I'm gonna to try to catch up for this evening, but I'm fairly tired. Also, for the record, I'm almost certain I'll adopt a more freestyle play for Recruitement. With the load of RL work I'll have the following weeks and this game being so large and complex, my "analysis machine", as MP once put it, will most certainly malfunction.

Did anyone answer my questions about Typhoony?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:hey wash't ups im a bit tipsy right now

I see we already have votes, not even halfway through the Day. Good thing we don't have any lockdown, ey? :p

I'm gonna to try to catch up for this evening, but I'm fairly tired. Also, for the record, I'm almost certain I'll adopt a more freestyle play for Recruitement. With the load of RL work I'll have the following weeks and this game being so large and complex, my "analysis machine", as MP once put it, will most certainly malfunction.

I can, if you like. I was not sure than many of them were not rhetorical.

Any member of any clan can be recruited to any team, so knowledge of his clan only does not mean much. His posts read pretty civvie to me, or unrecruited, and I think I read Typh rather well. I would like to see people rezzed on the basis of what they say, if their recruiting status is unknown, than by their assigned clan. But there may be more confirmed people able to be rezzed, so i don't want to see anyone rezzed just yet.

I think the odds of anyone being Azura is 1 in 32 (or is it 34?). Based on his posts I don't think he was. He made posts longer than just a few words, and they were all pretty sensible and straight to the point. For me this is the mark of a non bad Typhoony. Plus I doubt he would kill a very vocal player who was part of a thread distraction as Epi was.

And I think a smart player can use any power to the advantage of any team. Regardless if he was a more powerful or less powerful sorcerer, he would have found the way to extract the most value from his role.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:hey wash't ups im a bit tipsy right now

I can, if you like. I was not sure than many of them were not rhetorical.

Any member of any clan can be recruited to any team, so knowledge of his clan only does not mean much. His posts read pretty civvie to me, or unrecruited, and I think I read Typh rather well. I would like to see people rezzed on the basis of what they say, if their recruiting status is unknown, than by their assigned clan. But there may be more confirmed people able to be rezzed, so i don't want to see anyone rezzed just yet.

I think the odds of anyone being Azura is 1 in 32 (or is it 34?). Based on his posts I don't think he was. He made posts longer than just a few words, and they were all pretty sensible and straight to the point. For me this is the mark of a non bad Typhoony. Plus I doubt he would kill a very vocal player who was part of a thread distraction as Epi was.

And I think a smart player can use any power to the advantage of any team. Regardless if he was a more powerful or less powerful sorcerer, he would have found the way to extract the most value from his role.
Ok. Thanks for the answers, although I'm not entirely sure they hit the essence.

I didn't ask about the odds of anyone, I asked about the odds of Typhoony. How would that be 1 in 34, if Typhoony was a Sorcerer? Azura is a Sorcerer. Not all 34 players are Sorcerers.

And it's not about powerful or less powerful roles. I said dangerous. I asked anyone if they think the Sorcerers have prevalently positive, neutral or negative positions for the civ cause - I don't think you touched upon this (or you did, by saying it doesn't matter). And if the answer is that they are fairly dangerous in their initial state, if it would be ok to want that person come back.

Let's simplify: are Sorcerers trustworthy in their unrecruited state? would you want a Sorcerer back?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Ricochet, I appreciate your response here. I admit that my immediate dismissal of your thoughts on Llama was perhaps unfair, but I thought my thoughts on the matter were clear; apparently, they weren't, as noted by you and Golden, at the least. That's my bad. I didn't understand the point in chastising Llama for something he's done game after game, regardless of alignment (and almost always as civilian, if I recall correctly), and immediately figured you were trying to get Llama lynched much like Golden was just trying to get Epi NKed, especially given the neutral-heavy nature of early stage game. I realize that I jumped to conclusions prematurely 100%. I'm tired of seeing you two at each other's throats all the time. Not sure what else you want me to say about it at this point.
Treat case-making as case-making and banter as banter, reply with logic to the first and say you're tired of seeing the second, if that's the case. Also, frankly, if it really bothers you, you could point it out to others who do it as well, for consistency's sake; I don't really have to point out there's a more notorious duo throwing shit at each other way worse than llama and I even allowed ourselves to, right?

That being said, I still can't say I fully get it: are you saying Llama has created WIFOM baddie claims "game after game, regardless of alignment (and almost always as civilian)" or are you saying Llama has played the "are you bad" eyeballing play "game after game etc.". Because, let me be clear one more time: my problem is the former, you keep focusing on the latter and absolving Llama for something I haven't even brought it up.
unfurl wrote: BWT, got a lot votes, maybe is worth lo look at him or his voters, some manipulation may be going on in that situation :eye: something I may look into later on
I agree re-reading the BWT voters might be a traditional way to spot some potential bandwagoning, but what manipulation do you plan to unearth, considering the Day officially ended before BWT received 7 out of his 8 total votes?
MovingPictures07 wrote: I didn't understand the point in chastising Llama for something he's done game after game, regardless of alignment
+
MovingPictures07 wrote: I'll vote for him too. His TinyBubbles suspicion yesterday, though I defended him against Rico because he always does it, was ridiculous as always
and this post

=

:smoky:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Rico, I think it depends on the person holding the role more than the role itself. But as I said, I would expect that any rezz would wait for confirmed. I would rather bring back a strong player who i thought was not bad to a low poster, regardless of clan. But most of all I would prefer a recruited civ; again, regardless of assigned clan. I think we judge people as individuals, not by their clan. So I think Typh was not bad, so i think the fact that he was a Sorcerer is not important (this all feels liek a metaphor for racism, lol)

And when you ask a question, you cannot always expect that people will only answer as you wish; they will interpret your question their way.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Well, if Golden doesn't get Bass lynched, he will just get the baddies to kill him for him.
This is quite unfair.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I see no reason not to want a sorceror back generically speaking. Although if Typhoony is the pyromancer, I'd prefer him not to return.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Is it really? Everyone else that voiced an opinion on you & Epi seemed to think it was civ on civ. You unilaterally decided that you & he could not coexist, although no one else felt that way, and basically then bragged that YOU had solicited his death when he was NKed.

I have never seen this Golden. I played the very first game you played, and I was one of the people who watched, and understood, yur King Arthur sacrifice. But i have NO idea who is playing this game. None.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop *Almost everyone else (i have not checked if it was everyone else)
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Ugh. Been under the weather all day and skimming, and my brain hurts too much to have much to add to conversation. Glad there's another day to the lynch. But, a fewthings to respond to:
Tranq wrote:My thoughts on the no lynch:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:
bea wrote: I'm currently unsure of which is more user friendly - collecting all my thoughts in one long post with no quotes or posting like 1000 times as I catch up. I welcome suggestions but doubt I will see them till I get to the end of this. I'm so far behind I don't know how teefies flipped yet.
Neither do we. :D
We don't even know IF teefies flipped.
This post stood out to me. Why would you assume BWT wouldn't flip? Note Golden posted this before the lynch post revealed BWT didn't flip.
aapje wrote:Let's look at the possible roles that could have cause no lynch to occur:
Caelia - Children of Serenity
Lynch Pardon
I think the first is very unlikely since the lynch ended early.
I wouldn't dismiss Caelia's pardon entirely. Caelia knows Supreme Judge can interfere with their power. What if Caelia ended up with the most votes, then decided to pardon the lynch only to find out Supreme Judge had already ended the Day? Caelia would be dead and pissed :p
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote: I have no idea what inspired the Judge to turn it into a lottery yesterday,
I have to wonder if the judge has been recruited, tbh.
Also a possibility.

However, i feel like going with Occam's razor:
Ricochet wrote:So my theory so far is shaping up like this:

if the stats are correct that a 1-vote 11-player tie took place and a player gets lynched through randomization, then it must mean the player who got lynched survived the lynch, according to his position 1

ergo any of the following players (BWT, Canuck, Epignosis, Golden, MP, Russ, SVS, Tranq, Unfurl, Wilgy - I'm not, but feel free to throw me in as well; I would have super dead and super pissed if I would have been lynched or if the Day would have ended with me having two votes) can be:

Ubzargan the Ruthless - Immune to NK/Lynch
Jilted Lover - Can’t die as long as ? alive

If I missed anything, let me know, but so far I believe this to be the conclusion: our non-lynched player today is Uzbargan or the Jilted Lover. unfortunately we have 11 candidates for this spot
Who wants to do The Maths ? :p
I agree with Occam's Razor, but you seem to be ignoring that 2 things happened in lynch 1: the day was stopped early and the lynch didn't happen. As far as I understand from my simple reading of the text, that is pretty evident.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Reposting this to see if anyone has thoughts on it, based on the thought that the judge was recruited, not seeing another good reason for the judge having stopped day on day 1.
LoRab wrote:Which, earlier statement about Judge having nefarious purposes (I like the word nefarious these days), makes this post ping my suspiciometer.

It was made at 6:06. Just 20 minutes after day was ended prematurely. Trying to sound innocent and remove oneself from the idea by encouraging people to vote?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Less than 2.5 hours remain and a ton of votes are still off the board. Y'all get in here and help us kill someone.
Also, who is the "us" of whom you are speaking?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Is it really? Everyone else that voiced an opinion on you & Epi seemed to think it was civ on civ. You unilaterally decided that you & he could not coexist, although no one else felt that way, and basically then bragged that YOU had solicited his death when he was NKed.

I have never seen this Golden. I played the very first game you played, and I was one of the people who watched, and understood, yur King Arthur sacrifice. But i have NO idea who is playing this game. None.
I've never played a game in which 90% of people started the game neutral. Every other game I've played has very defined sides. I've never even played a game like the Flash which is Factional. This is literally the first game I've played that is not a normal bad vs civ game of mafia. I have a very strong civ meta when I'm civ, and set out to replicate it when I am bad. But what am I supposed to do when I'm one in a sea of neutrals, and hardly anyone is yet civ?

From my perspective, the best approach in these circumstances is taking out people who I think are least likely to be civ, since I think I'm more likely to end up civ, and also people who I think are least likely to end up on the same team as me.

I'm not sure why this does not make sense, or how many times I would need to explain it to make it make sense. I am not a civ. Nor am I baddie feeling the need to try and be a civ. Nor am I, like in BoB, someone who will eternally be independent, knowing that all I need to do to win is to survive.

In this game, what I need to do is increase the odds of my team winning, even though I don't yet know which team that is. I'm finding my own feet in trying to figure out how to achieve that.

Do you understand it?
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
unfurl wrote:I was very silly in Fight Club, 99% of the time, the only reason I won is cause I got recruited by BR team, and it was almost toward the end of the game, so they already had done the hard work

You are even admiting that you dont know me, and you did voted for me with out giving me a chance to get more into it, one vote is not much, but thats how some bandwagons start and I did revenge voted you, cause I did felt you were judging me for not trying, but at the end your vote was weak and easy to get out of the way
so who was not really trying?
unfurl, noted re: Fight Club.

You really think I haven't been trying this game?
When it comes to votting No, I dont think so, day 1 you voted for me, which we talked a lot already about it, I think we are going in circles
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Just noticed another possibility for the no-lynch that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet:
The Immortal - Warriors of the Shadows
While unrecruited is vulnerable, once recruited he will no longer be able to killed or lynched until he is the last of his group. Once he is the last man standing he will become killable again.

Return to “Previous Jobs”