Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nevermind replacement. I'll soldier on after work.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

unfurl wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. I'm all caught up now, but I'm way too tired to really post coherent thoughts. Thankfully I only work a half-day tomorrow, so I will have plenty of time in the afternoon to be around then. The best I can do for tonight is to just keep up with the thread.
So what are you thoughts for this lynch? you voted for a low poster day 1, Dfaraday, which also brings the question? are you still looking at him? is not like he has changed anything?
What do you think of the people that voted for you? do you think they still looking at you?

For now Im placing my vote on birdwithteeth11 I gonna try to pop up later to see if his afternoon promised is fullfilled

Im gonna keep an open mind about MP, but Im also not joining The save MP party by votting Bass, Im actually intersting to see if any more guesses will be joining eitheir one
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Nevermind replacement. I'll soldier on after work.
Glad to have you Jay! :hug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:Can someone please recruit G-Man? He deserves it.
Who says I haven't been recruited yet? I posted that in OT green on purpose. That was proposed as a legitimate theme song, not a personal plea for recruitment.

Roxy wrote:Also llama what happened to your Bubbles suspicion? Did it just magically disappear?

Same goes to all the Teeth voters - did your suspicion (strong enough to place a vote on him yesterday) just disappear over the night phase?
Maybe they think they don't have to speak to that issue since the day was ended before most of those votes were even cast? :ponder:

Thoughts:

I'm not interested in either Bass or MP right now. Maybe I'm still a little hung up on getting a read on people. I still have no read on 13 different players. I'll probably vote for one of them.

The game quieted down substantially over the weekend. While I liked less content sitting there when catching up, it does hamper progress on the game. It still feels like a lot of people just aren't participating.

Not sure what to make of Dr. Wilgy. It's cute and all but it could also be a distraction. He's one of my 13.

Yay for 3-J sticking around. :)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Can we be called the G-13?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

reywaS wrote:Can we be called the G-13?
What makes you so sure you're sill on my list? You could be one of the three that I got a read on since Day 1.
My Banners:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

G-Man wrote:
Who says I haven't been recruited yet? I posted that in OT green on purpose. That was proposed as a legitimate theme song, not a personal plea for recruitment.

Roxy wrote:Also llama what happened to your Bubbles suspicion? Did it just magically disappear?

Same goes to all the Teeth voters - did your suspicion (strong enough to place a vote on him yesterday) just disappear over the night phase?
Maybe they think they don't have to speak to that issue since the day was ended before most of those votes were even cast? :ponder:

Thoughts:

I'm not interested in either Bass or MP right now. Maybe I'm still a little hung up on getting a read on people. I still have no read on 13 different players. I'll probably vote for one of them.

The game quieted down substantially over the weekend. While I liked less content sitting there when catching up, it does hamper progress on the game. It still feels like a lot of people just aren't participating.

Not sure what to make of Dr. Wilgy. It's cute and all but it could also be a distraction. He's one of my 13.

Was about to say 13 what and then make silly jokes but proper reading prevailed and I understand now. Who are your other 12?

As for quietening down on the weekend, I can't explain why everyone did but for me it was because I was writing 10,000 words in the hopes that my university will enjoy reading them enough to give me a Masters.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Hey, y'all. I kind of feel like crud today with a summer cold and have spent most of the day sleeping. Between fuzzy brain and inability to stay awake, I will be in and out of posting and having actual thoughts.
reywaS wrote:
LoRab wrote:@Roxy: I still find BWT suspicious, although less so after his explanation.
Black Rock wrote:Team Caelia has recruited.
reywaS wrote:Well, ain't that dandy.
In my experience, "ain't that dandy," is generally said when someone feels something is, well, not dandy at all. In fact, I can't think of this phrase being used as an actual positive, outside of really, really dated tv shows and films--and I'm pretty sure you're not on Leave it to Beaver.

Anyway, my point is...uh....wouldn't a civ recruiter recruiting someone be a good thing? Why would you respond negatively?
Roxy wrote: Lorab - there are a lot of new players maybe they stopped the day bc they wanted try out their power? :shrug: Odds were highest day one to take out a Neutral anyway. Feels like if they were unrecruited they would most likely be a new play to the Recruitment games.
But the timing of JJJ's post pings me.
you're assuming it was a negative response. Why not just ask me if it was? Did you read the other posts I made right afterward? I had just smoked a doobie and was feeling spammy. :D
As I said, I don't think I've ever heard it used that way outside of 50's tv. Otherwise, can you explain how you meant it positively? You seem to be talking around an answer here.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Roxy wrote:Why is no one besides Rey and unfurl and I the only ones to comment on Teeth?
Because THEY ARE NOT WORTHY OF MY GREATNESS!!! :epig:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:Why is no one besides Rey and unfurl and I the only ones to comment on Teeth?
I don't have anything to say about BWT.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. My half-day today ran slightly longer than I thought it would, but I am here now. I'm going to eat lunch and then post my current thoughts.

Linki: I thought us Animal Sanctuary Squad members had to stick together! :puppy:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Bullzeye wrote:
G-Man wrote:

Thoughts:

Was about to say 13 what and then make silly jokes but proper reading prevailed and I understand now. Who are your other 12?

As for quietening down on the weekend, I can't explain why everyone did but for me it was because I was writing 10,000 words in the hopes that my university will enjoy reading them enough to give me a Masters.
Actually, it looks like I need to lerntukaunt because my list is only 11 people total. I failed to mark Typhoony as dead on my player feel list. Spreadsheet neglect! :disappoint:

Bea
Boomslang
Canuck
Devin
Dom
Dr. Wilgy
Nutella
reywaS
Sorsha*
TinyBubbles
TurnipHead

*she was exempted from my list of 16 from Day 1 because she was traveling but I have no read on her still, so technically, there are only 10 holdovers and 1 new name in Sorsha.
My Banners:
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

G-Man wrote:
What makes you so sure you're sill on my list? You could be one of the three that I got a read on since Day 1.
Am I?
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

LoRab wrote:Hey, y'all. I kind of feel like crud today with a summer cold and have spent most of the day sleeping. Between fuzzy brain and inability to stay awake, I will be in and out of posting and having actual thoughts.
reywaS wrote:
LoRab wrote:@Roxy: I still find BWT suspicious, although less so after his explanation.
Black Rock wrote:Team Caelia has recruited.
reywaS wrote:Well, ain't that dandy.
In my experience, "ain't that dandy," is generally said when someone feels something is, well, not dandy at all. In fact, I can't think of this phrase being used as an actual positive, outside of really, really dated tv shows and films--and I'm pretty sure you're not on Leave it to Beaver.

Anyway, my point is...uh....wouldn't a civ recruiter recruiting someone be a good thing? Why would you respond negatively?
Roxy wrote: Lorab - there are a lot of new players maybe they stopped the day bc they wanted try out their power? :shrug: Odds were highest day one to take out a Neutral anyway. Feels like if they were unrecruited they would most likely be a new play to the Recruitment games.
But the timing of JJJ's post pings me.
you're assuming it was a negative response. Why not just ask me if it was? Did you read the other posts I made right afterward? I had just smoked a doobie and was feeling spammy. :D
As I said, I don't think I've ever heard it used that way outside of 50's tv. Otherwise, can you explain how you meant it positively? You seem to be talking around an answer here.
I thought my answer was pretty straightforward. :) It was a folksy observation. It not meant to be negative at all. I'm shocked that you would think it was.
Some day, Some day
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

reywaS wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Am I?
Signs point to yes
My Banners:
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

yes, I see. :D I posted before reading all of the new posts. I have a tendency to do that. Apologies.
Some day, Some day
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

G-Man wrote:

Thoughts:

Right - so since the day ended early (even though they had no idea it was happening at the time of their votes) they hold no responsilbility for them?

Ofc I disagree with your assessment.
;)
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Roxy wrote:
G-Man wrote:

Thoughts:

Right - so since the day ended early (even though they had no idea it was happening at the time of their votes) they hold no responsilbility for them?

Ofc I disagree with your assessment.
Heh. Maybe I should have put that in sarcastic orange for effect? They obviously have to answer for their votes even if they don't count. I was providing a philosophical line of BS that might be attempted. I was not suggesting they are exempt from speaking their votes. Even though their votes didn't count, they are still on record. :nicenod:
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Nevermind replacement. I'll soldier on after work.
Yay :nicenod: you would have been a big loss to the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Epi and Typh. Not surprised to see Epi go early, that seems to always happen to him. Typh is a shocker though, sad to see them both go.

I still think BWT is fishy, specifically his "Go civs!" post before his non-lynch, but I'm backburnering that because I agree with the suspicion on Bass. I'm seeing a few things that I associate with his baddie game, there was one post in particular where he answered some suspicion on him and then turned it around into a question for (I think) Golden. I think that sort of pivot play is straight out of Bass' baddie repertoire.

Don't find MP suspicious, don't understand the votes for him.

Serenity doesn't know what she's talkin' 'bout.

I'll be around until deadline.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I would not say it fully evaporated, but his comment when he thought he was lynched made me think twice about him, and yeah it did make me think he was more likely to be civ than I previously thought.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Dom »

nutella wrote:
Dom wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh and since votes are changeable I think I might as well throw an early vote out there as a prod. I'd still like to hear more from Bass.

*votes Bass*
You're the second or third person to do this. :eye:

Do what? :confused:
Vote for Bass to "prod" him.
nutella wrote:I really don't understand you Dom. Like I never understand most of the things that cause you to "eye" people, they're always the weirdest, most meaningless little things. Like how hard you went after Scotty for something you contrivedly read as a "slip" when it clearly wasn't (I think quite a few others were as baffled by your interpretation as I was.) And now you're eyeing me for placing an early vote in a changeable poll?? What??? I guess it's just how you play though, going doggedly after little things like that, but honestly if you weren't like this every game I would call you out for being opportunistic. But I'm generally always completely baffled by your extreme nitpickiness.
nutella, I actually don't think a lot of people thought my thoughts on Scotty were that... baffling. A few people wanted to hear more. TBH, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

But if you every agree with something I say, I guess I'll give you the eye even more.

This kind of sounds like you're upset I'm looking at you.... why?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
nutella wrote:I really don't understand you Dom. Like I never understand most of the things that cause you to "eye" people, they're always the weirdest, most meaningless little things. Like how hard you went after Scotty for something you contrivedly read as a "slip" when it clearly wasn't (I think quite a few others were as baffled by your interpretation as I was.) And now you're eyeing me for placing an early vote in a changeable poll?? What??? I guess it's just how you play though, going doggedly after little things like that, but honestly if you weren't like this every game I would call you out for being opportunistic. But I'm generally always completely baffled by your extreme nitpickiness.
If he nitpicks you, that means he likes you.

Dom never nitpicks me. :pout:
Give me a nit to pick. :noble:
Roxy wrote:Dr W's post made me laugh and gave a me a lovely start to today :D

Still do not find him suspicious.

Will not likely vote MP

Sebass (my son) does have this job going crazy right now. I know he has not had time to catch up. I don't like the tone of his posts but for right now I am willing to give him a chance.

Why is no one besides Rey and unfurl and I the only ones to comment on Teeth?
Because I do not, and have not thus far, thought Teeth was bad. Or civvie for that matter.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. I'm fed and watered and relaxed a bit. So here's where I stand right now:

- For the whole MP vs. llama thing, I'm absolutely not surprised at all that MP reacted the way he did. I've almost come to expect at least one emotional outburst from him per game. While he's done it both as a baddie and a civvie, I'm not getting any baddie vibes from him on this front. Llama on the other hand, I'd normally expect much better than a "no u" vote from him. I think he's worth keeping an eye on.

- In regards to MP potentially recruiting Daisy, I don't think Daisy would be MP's first choice as a recruit, but I could definitely see it as a second or third option. I don't buy the opinion that he wouldn't pull such a big WIFOM-y move and not recruit her. I think that's totally within the realm of possibility...

HOWEVER

...I don't think it's something that has occurred at this point. I'm still getting normal (if worn out and frustrated from RL stuff) MP and normal Daisy here. Now if one of them pulls a 180 and goes in a completely different direction from where they are, then that might be something to re-examine.

- Seems like a lot of early bandwagons on both MP and Bass. Very interesting there, especially since I've seen them both get lynched a lot for behaviors I've seen them repeat a lot. Between the two though, I feel more suspicious of Bass. The way he responded to one of Golden's questions before turning it around on Golden seems like a baddie move to me.

- Unfurl, why did you throw a vote on me out of curiosity? Was it because I hadn't come back to post yet or were there other reasons? Do tell. And on that note, what else have you actually contributed to this game since receiving MP's vote on Day 1? Because I feel like you've still said a lot without saying a lot.

Going to sit outside and do some reading. The weather is absolutely perfect today. Upper 70s, no humidity, and sunny. :slick:. Will be back later this afternoon/evening.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

*voted*
;)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Voting now so I don't miss the vote.

Going with BWT again, because I don't have strong enough thoughts about anyone else at this moment. Might change if something comes up.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I won't be back before the poll closes, so here goes:

VOTES TURNIP HEAD

He's on my list of players who I don't have a read on and lynching him could be a test of whether or not to ignore future messages from the Speaker of Serenity.
My Banners:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I can confirm that lynching me is a waste of everyone's time, and if that's the barometer we're using for whether or not the Speaker of Serenity can be trusted, then the answer is that s/he can not.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

nutella wrote:DrW kind of reminds me of Merlin the Wizzard. *wipes tear*
That is a high compliment Dr.Wilgy! Merlin is a good guy, and very humorius writer. Miss that guy.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dom, thanks for clarifying -- I was indeed the second player to vote for Bass today, after MP, but I still don't get why that is suspicious. Can you elaborate on why my vote warranted an :eye: ? And no I wasn't upset about you eyeing me specifically, it's more that your general pattern of opportunistically badgering people about little things is bothersome and imo unproductive. Maybe you have some success rate of catching baddies with stuff like that, I don't know, but to me it really seems like fluffing up your posts with trivial "pings" rather than discussing more substantial thoughts.

I'm still not understanding the BWT votes. On Day 1 I think several people voted for him for several different reasons, rather than a single case that gained any kind of momentum. Now Roxy votes for him without any kind of explanation that I see, and Lorab repeats her vote for him despite the fact that it seemed to me that her previous reasons for suspecting him were mostly resolved (primarily the list of low posters taken from G-man being inaccurate). Lorab, am I wrong -- did you have other qualms with BWT that he has not responded to?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

nutella wrote:Dom, thanks for clarifying -- I was indeed the second player to vote for Bass today, after MP, but I still don't get why that is suspicious. Can you elaborate on why my vote warranted an :eye: ? And no I wasn't upset about you eyeing me specifically, it's more that your general pattern of opportunistically badgering people about little things is bothersome and imo unproductive. Maybe you have some success rate of catching baddies with stuff like that, I don't know, but to me it really seems like fluffing up your posts with trivial "pings" rather than discussing more substantial thoughts.

I'm still not understanding the BWT votes. On Day 1 I think several people voted for him for several different reasons, rather than a single case that gained any kind of momentum. Now Roxy votes for him without any kind of explanation that I see, and Lorab repeats her vote for him despite the fact that it seemed to me that her previous reasons for suspecting him were mostly resolved (primarily the list of low posters taken from G-man being inaccurate). Lorab, am I wrong -- did you have other qualms with BWT that he has not responded to?
It still seemed convenient to vote for a low poster without looking at who the actual low posters were (especially when G-Man didn't even describe his list as actual low posters). And his end-lynch post didn't sound civ to me. And I don't have any better suspicions.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

nutella wrote:Dom, thanks for clarifying -- I was indeed the second player to vote for Bass today, after MP, but I still don't get why that is suspicious. Can you elaborate on why my vote warranted an :eye: ? And no I wasn't upset about you eyeing me specifically, it's more that your general pattern of opportunistically badgering people about little things is bothersome and imo unproductive. Maybe you have some success rate of catching baddies with stuff like that, I don't know, but to me it really seems like fluffing up your posts with trivial "pings" rather than discussing more substantial thoughts.

Before you repeat things like I voted "with no explanation" maybe you should read my posts to find the explanation.
Also I will add that Teeth COMPLETELY ignored my suspicion of him for the entire day period.
;)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

Only in wifi for 5 minutes. Voted myself worn catch up when I'm home tomorrow
My siggie.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

timmer wrote:Only in wifi for 5 minutes. Voted myself worn catch up when I'm home tomorrow
I do not want a "worn" catch up :pout:
I want a new one :p
;)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

Does the poll actually close at the time listed or does it close earlier? I thought the last day got closed early so I am trying to sort out if the day is shorter than it appears.

Canuck, I have refreshed my last read and see now what pinged you about me, however there is a simple enough explanation. earlier in the game, DH asked me a question that struck me as odd, when I asked him why and said how it came across to me, he told me he was looking for my thoughts. So when DH asked me that question about recruiting Golden I assumed he was asking for the same reasons and just gave him my thoughts. Perhaps he was kidding around, I don't know. Only he could answer that. I didn't feel overly srsbsn though,I just answered the question put to me by sharing my thoughts since that's what he was looking for last time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Spacedaisy wrote:Does the poll actually close at the time listed or does it close earlier? I thought the last day got closed early so I am trying to sort out if the day is shorter than it appears.

Canuck, I have refreshed my last read and see now what pinged you about me, however there is a simple enough explanation. earlier in the game, DH asked me a question that struck me as odd, when I asked him why and said how it came across to me, he told me he was looking for my thoughts. So when DH asked me that question about recruiting Golden I assumed he was asking for the same reasons and just gave him my thoughts. Perhaps he was kidding around, I don't know. Only he could answer that. I didn't feel overly srsbsn though,I just answered the question put to me by sharing my thoughts since that's what he was looking for last time.
I wouldn't mind having the poll close earlier, if it remains around 5am I will be voting super early every day and missing hours of discussion each time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Okay, that's totally fair. I have read his responses as genuine for the most part but I can definitely get where you're coming from. I'm inclined to think he's an unrecruited who's not devoting much effort to playing the game at this point.

linki @ Roxy: I'm looking through your posts and I see no explanation. In fact I do not see mention of BWT besides asking his D1 voters whether they still suspect him or not. The only thing I see is your first post after the EOD when you comment on BWT's "Go Civs" comment -- and that is right after you say you probably would not have voted for him because he is "generally wacky". Is the "go civvies" comment your sole reason for suspecting he was recruited? Or did I miss something else in your posts, because I don't see any more mention of suspecting him between then and your vote.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sorry, bc of linki it's unclear -- first part of that post is @ Lorab
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Bad day to have time for gaming, but I'll try to catch up and maybe vote. Oh wow, 7 more hours before deadline, unfortunately it's almost midnight here.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:I can confirm that lynching me is a waste of everyone's time, and if that's the barometer we're using for whether or not the Speaker of Serenity can be trusted, then the answer is that s/he can not.
I saw no reason to believe the Speaker of Serenity ought to be blindly followed yet.

The question for me is, are they not to be trusted as in actually bad, or are they just not to be trusted as in - it should be obvious to everyone that they probably don't have info yet.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I am inclined to think the Speaker of Serenity is unrecruited, has no info, and is arbitrarily tossing TH's name out.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I can confirm that lynching me is a waste of everyone's time, and if that's the barometer we're using for whether or not the Speaker of Serenity can be trusted, then the answer is that s/he can not.
I saw no reason to believe the Speaker of Serenity ought to be blindly followed yet.

The question for me is, are they not to be trusted as in actually bad, or are they just not to be trusted as in - it should be obvious to everyone that they probably don't have info yet.
Even if they're not actively bad (yet), I'd be wary of anyone willing to blindly follow such a role. Despite the fact I've always wanted to have a gossip role (and the one time I did I got bandwagoned Day 1) I always take their comments with a pinch of salt - it's just another player who isn't necessarily any wiser or dumber than the rest of us, they just get an anonymous platform to call people out from. They can be useful, but only when their posts have more content than just "lynch X plzkthxbai".
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:

Considering the Speaker has "message to the thread" written on all position, but it's hinted that most of them should be read as *Secrets*, plus that N1 confirmed his messaging as genuine for Position 1, it's really hard to believe he had the power to check and gather real info as well, all on the first Night of the game. Hence, the Speaker's message should be read at most as his hunch or suss, nothing beyond that.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

I've been reading through players posts, reviewing the suspicions that players have of each other and am finding it hard to choose someone to vote for. I either don't agree with the suspicion (if I can actually find that one was given) or I feel the player is neutral (which most of us still are). :pout:

linki: I'm not comfortable following the Speaker at this point either.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Spacedaisy wrote:Does the poll actually close at the time listed or does it close earlier? I thought the last day got closed early so I am trying to sort out if the day is shorter than it appears.

It closes at this time, but if all votes are in and LC is home we will post earlier. We will try and shorten the night to get a better time.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:

Considering the Speaker has "message to the thread" written on all position, but it's hinted that most of them should be read as *Secrets*, plus that N1 confirmed his messaging as genuine for Position 1, it's really hard to believe he had the power to check and gather real info as well, all on the first Night of the game. Hence, the Speaker's message should be read at most as his hunch or suss, nothing beyond that.

The way I interpreted the role description is that I think the Speaker does in fact message the thread every day but each position makes it different in some way. In fact it says something like "only the speaker knows the truth within these messages" or something so I think some of the positions might give the speaker true info, which would be interesting. Either that or there's some kind of restriction on the style or format of the message? idk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

nutella wrote:Okay, that's totally fair. I have read his responses as genuine for the most part but I can definitely get where you're coming from. I'm inclined to think he's an unrecruited who's not devoting much effort to playing the game at this point.

linki @ Roxy: I'm looking through your posts and I see no explanation. In fact I do not see mention of BWT besides asking his D1 voters whether they still suspect him or not. The only thing I see is your first post after the EOD when you comment on BWT's "Go Civs" comment -- and that is right after you say you probably would not have voted for him because he is "generally wacky". Is the "go civvies" comment your sole reason for suspecting he was recruited? Or did I miss something else in your posts, because I don't see any more mention of suspecting him between then and your vote.
I went back and looked through Roxys posts for her bwt suspicion as well and found the same as you....
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

nutella wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:

The way I interpreted the role description is that I think the Speaker does in fact message the thread every day but each position makes it different in some way. In fact it says something like "only the speaker knows the truth within these messages" or something so I think some of the positions might give the speaker true info, which would be interesting. Either that or there's some kind of restriction on the style or format of the message? idk
I don't think I see it the same way. The key sentence is the first: all positions appear to be the same (as in him being a constant messenger). But if they're not, that would imply different powers.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Ricochet wrote:
nutella wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:

I don't think I see it the same way. The key sentence is the first: all positions appear to be the same (as in him being a constant messenger). But if they're not, that would imply different powers.
Arguably the fact that it says they appear to be the same could be taken as indication that they blatantly aren't. I think Nutella's view is the more accurate here, I'd guess that the Speaker has the same overall power it just varies from position to position in ways not known to the rest of us.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:

Even if they're not actively bad (yet), I'd be wary of anyone willing to blindly follow such a role. Despite the fact I've always wanted to have a gossip role (and the one time I did I got bandwagoned Day 1) I always take their comments with a pinch of salt - it's just another player who isn't necessarily any wiser or dumber than the rest of us, they just get an anonymous platform to call people out from. They can be useful, but only when their posts have more content than just "lynch X plzkthxbai".
I agree entirely. I'm not really sure why TH has votes, to me it is pretty much on the same place on the curve as random. Although someone like G-Man is not basing it solely on the Speaker.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I've moved my vote to Turnip Head per Serenity's request.
Do you think TH is actually deserving of a lynch? What makes you so confident to follow the speaker?

Same question for tinybubbles. Is it normal for her to post without explanation? I haven't played with her before.

Return to “Previous Jobs”