Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 2)

Post by G-Man »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:S~V~S, to elaborate, I suppose I just feel as though you're putting Golden up to an expectation that is unreasonable, considering he has been quite open about playing a neutral game, and that Epi was a serious threat to Golden's immediate livelihood. I think it's key to note how emotionally-charged Golden's play has been this game, due to being under constant defense for his well being, and from Epi for a while at that.
I feel his behavior in this game is contrary to his non-baddie meta as I know it.

Do you better understand it put like that?
I feel like Golden is playing similar to how he started out in HSK actually, sparring with Epignosis and all. He just took it... a little further this time. I've only seen Golden bad in one game, when he subbed back into Economics, and he played nothing like he is here. He was calm and collected and attracted no attention.
QFT

I still have nightmares of that game, between G-Man masquerading as The Joker and Golden the super secret most bad of all the baddies, lurking in the shadows. :scared:
What was wrong with my Joker posts? I loved making those. :confused:
Lol, I loved them, I was just making a joke, since The Joker appearing in nightmares saying some of the stuff you posted in that game in his voice would be kinda creepy. :P
Spoiler: show

:feb:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Speaking of Golden's meta, I find it intriguing that the three people playing this game that have known him and his game the longest ALL voted for him.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm here, but then I probably won't be back until sometime tomorrow night, so I'm going to whip one post addressing some more things after this.

I just had to say... G-Man, this post is just brilliant. I don't know what emotion to feel. :clap:

G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote: What was wrong with my Joker posts? I loved making those. :confused:
Lol, I loved them, I was just making a joke, since The Joker appearing in nightmares saying some of the stuff you posted in that game in his voice would be kinda creepy. :P

:feb:
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

So what is up with DF and DP? DF has missed both polls and DP hasn't contributed anything so far. I honestly wouldn't mind lynching either of them. If we are lynching neutrals anyway we might as well get rid of people who aren't really playing the game to begin with :shrug:

I gave Russtifinko a pass since he asked to be replaced.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Speaking of Golden's meta, I find it intriguing that the three people playing this game that have known him and his game the longest ALL voted for him.
Thats interesting. The four players here who have known me the longest (ie played my first ever game) are you, Roxy, Bea, and unfurl. None of the others voted for me.

http://spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... cc7cb9650b (mom is roxy, beatrixkiddo is bea)

Roxy and bea have, in fact, not yet said anything that I have read to be an active suspicion of me. Neither have said they still trust me recently but what they have said has indicated that they read me as genuine. Unfurl, I'm not sure she has mentioned me at all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: I considered that as well, but with Epi alive and focused on Golden, why waste their kill? The end result would be Golden dead and Epi marginalized. The only way it makes sense for me is if Golden was on the team that killed Epi.
So you think the focus on me yesterday would have been greater if epi is still alive?

I don't think so. The only reason I took so much focus is because epi was dead.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

RIP, sorry to see you go bass.

I have a lot of catching up to do in the thread this evening but popped in to vote. Looks like it's 3's turn!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by Golden »

reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I can definitely see how you (or anyone) would view Golden as a threat at this point. He basically stopped short of calling the Epignosis kill "a demonstration".
I do see the irony in SVS seeing me as a threat and wants to vote me, essentially because I did what I could to get rid of the person I thought was a threat.
Um I am voting for you, but if you do not get lynched, I will not try to get the baddies to kill you.
Well I think I've made it very clear epi was a one off too, but it doesn't stop everyone pretending like I'm going to do it to them next.
This type of attitude is a big reason why I don't trust you, Golden. You admittedly make this big, bold move to Epignosis killed on Day 1, and then you act like everyone is being unfair to you by not trusting your intentions. Do you really see the scrutiny on you as unfair?
Scrutiny? No.

But, rey, I will repeat to you - you find me suspicious for things like saying 'I feel guilty about it'. What is the baddie motive in that statement?

I do not think all of my votes are the outcome of scrutiny. I actually think some of the votes (especially yours) come from a place of a lack of scrutiny.

I will say to you again, you are the one who claimed that motivations are where you should be looking. Why, then, do you continue to ignore me every time I ask you why my statements are indicative of a baddie mindset, and just fall back on telling me off for claiming honesty etc
I apologize for the lack of clarity. When I say "your motivation", I am not saying what is the baddie or civvie motivation for Golden to react that way? I'm saying "What is Golden's motivation for saying the things he does?" Is it coming from a position of honesty or is he being fundamentally dishonest in his ideas. Do you see the difference?
I know what you mean.

But what is the motivation for being dishonest?

It's pointless to say 'I think you are dishonest'. You can just think I'm dishonest, I can't stop you. But the question you should be asking is "If that is dishonesty, why would he say that lie? How would it possible ever further a baddie game?" And the reality is, it wouldn't, the things you are accusing me of being dishonest about it wouldb e stupid and meaningless to lie about no matter what my affiliation and I NEVER would.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
unfurl wrote:Also Bye Bass
I think this is become an elitist game tbqh, where the people who arenot hard core player will going to be lynched, my prediction, less see in an a fortune teller :llama:
I disagree 100%, have you been reading the same thread as me? Golden and I have been in hot seats for almost the entire game, and Golden barely made it out of the last lynch alive. :evileye:

Meanwhile, we have TinyBubbles, timmer, and DisgruntledPorcupine, who are recently receiving a bit of heat, but have not come under near as much fire as those who have put their words on the line and posted much more.

I think your post here trying to further the divide, making this a hardcore v. non-hardcore fest, is troubling greatly. I think players with post counts of all sizes should be eyeballed with equal fervor, not lopsided, and it's entirely why I've been defending Golden because his posts have read completely reasonable as a neutral-aligned Golden. The only accusations against him legitimately fall into two categories: (1) fear mongering and (2) belief that neutral Golden would play like a civilian.
HE SAID HE WOULD
When did I ever say I would play "Like my civilian meta" - if anything, I've said the exact opposite - that I am neutral and don't know what team I'm on and am one of the few people overtly being clear that I am playing like that. I have literally never said I'm playing 'like a civilian'.

I am, however, saying that I do not believe epi was a civ, and I would not have made my move if I thought he was a civilian. I'm not playing anti-civilian.
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Voted for the dragon
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

reywaS wrote:"Out of reywaS' 124 posts, I'd reckon 60% of them are about Golden (I'm guesstimating). I would expect it very easy and safe to tunnel into one person for a time"

A response to this particular snippet from Scotty's earlier post. You are right. I have been focusing on Golden a lot. I tend to get tunnel vision in mafia games when someone's posts get stuck in my head. In the past it can be a flaw of my game play style. But, I'm not always wrong when I get fixated on someone. A particular RM game comes to mind...Reality TV Mafia. I remember having a particularly over the top case of tunnel vision in that game, but I did sniff out DharmaHelper and Golden as 2 of the 4 mafiosos in the game...but for every time that I am correct in that case, there are a few instances where I was just flat out wrong. I realize this. This is why I tempered my suspicion of Golden in between Days 1 and 2, but he reignited my suspicion with the things he said in the 2nd half of Day 2. Right or wrong that is the only way I know how to play when I am not on a baddie team. I tend to have a lot more trouble when I am because in my head everything I think to write just sounds forced. A handful of people in this game know this about me. Golden is one of those people, which is why the 2 "no u's" he's flung at me in this game don't ring true to me. In Zany Dex's Superman game on RM, this dynamic was on display where I was Clark Kent and Golden was independent and eventually merged with the mafia team (and won). I got tunnel vision in that game too. I think I was wrong in that case, but regardless I got a lot of flack in that game for it.
I can confirm rey does get tunnel vision as a civ. It's why I can't find him bad solely for continuing to chase me.

I do, however, think that particularly his suspicion on me for saying 'I feel guilty about it' does not ring true, and sounded like he was trying to manufacture a reason to vote for me.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:
reywaS wrote:"Out of reywaS' 124 posts, I'd reckon 60% of them are about Golden (I'm guesstimating). I would expect it very easy and safe to tunnel into one person for a time"

A response to this particular snippet from Scotty's earlier post. You are right. I have been focusing on Golden a lot. I tend to get tunnel vision in mafia games when someone's posts get stuck in my head. In the past it can be a flaw of my game play style. But, I'm not always wrong when I get fixated on someone. A particular RM game comes to mind...Reality TV Mafia. I remember having a particularly over the top case of tunnel vision in that game, but I did sniff out DharmaHelper and Golden as 2 of the 4 mafiosos in the game...but for every time that I am correct in that case, there are a few instances where I was just flat out wrong. I realize this. This is why I tempered my suspicion of Golden in between Days 1 and 2, but he reignited my suspicion with the things he said in the 2nd half of Day 2. Right or wrong that is the only way I know how to play when I am not on a baddie team. I tend to have a lot more trouble when I am because in my head everything I think to write just sounds forced. A handful of people in this game know this about me. Golden is one of those people, which is why the 2 "no u's" he's flung at me in this game don't ring true to me. In Zany Dex's Superman game on RM, this dynamic was on display where I was Clark Kent and Golden was independent and eventually merged with the mafia team (and won). I got tunnel vision in that game too. I think I was wrong in that case, but regardless I got a lot of flack in that game for it.
I can confirm rey does get tunnel vision as a civ. It's why I can't find him bad solely for continuing to chase me.

I do, however, think that particularly his suspicion on me for saying 'I feel guilty about it' does not ring true, and sounded like he was trying to manufacture a reason to vote for me.
Golden, who do you think killed Epi?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

aapje wrote:So what is up with DF and DP? DF has missed both polls and DP hasn't contributed anything so far. I honestly wouldn't mind lynching either of them. If we are lynching neutrals anyway we might as well get rid of people who aren't really playing the game to begin with :shrug:

I'd be willing to buy a ticket for either of those busses. :nicenod:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:As for Golden, I feel like if he were to stop responding to every little thing said about him his heat would die down a bit, but he has kept going, much to people's chagrin, and people are finding that even more suspicious. I feel that he's probably gonna have that monkey on his back all game until we can get a better picture of who actually killed Epi (we may never).
I have no reason to believe he is anything more than neutral right now.
I do not agree that the heat would die down if I ignored things. I think I survived the lynch primarily through fighting hard, and if I didn't respond people would call it another sign I'm off-meta.

linki @scotty - I don't have the slightest clue.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Speaking of Golden's meta, I find it intriguing that the three people playing this game that have known him and his game the longest ALL voted for him.
Thats interesting. The four players here who have known me the longest (ie played my first ever game) are you, Roxy, Bea, and unfurl. None of the others voted for me.

http://spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... cc7cb9650b (mom is roxy, beatrixkiddo is bea)

Roxy and bea have, in fact, not yet said anything that I have read to be an active suspicion of me. Neither have said they still trust me recently but what they have said has indicated that they read me as genuine. Unfurl, I'm not sure she has mentioned me at all.
BeatrixKiddo is Mata's daughter NOT Bea.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Unknown to both Roxy and MP, there was a sad Wilgy with a camera hiding behind the curtains.
LMAO!!!! :haha:
:shifty:
;)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Roxy wrote:
Golden wrote:

lol get rekt
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

nutella wrote:Well I'm not particularly disappointed to lose the Magnetarch, was a dangerous role anyway. And I'm rather indifferent that he was unrecruited. Honestly I'd call this a relatively successful day 2 given the circumstances. It will be hard to find the actual baddies.

Think I'll go for Position 3.
Not you too! :disappoint:
This attitude is a double standard as I explained in a post to MP earlier.
;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Roxy wrote:
Golden wrote:

Really? OK, well scratch bea and leave it at unfurl roxy and SVS. Still point remains. Bea is next as she played in superhero (my second game). And I see beatrixkiddo was kiddo on that game. Somehow I have forgotten her :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So, I haven't gotten to a Rainbow List post yet... I didn't realize how difficult it would be at this stage given the nature of the game. I'll keep mulling over it, and if I come up with something actually worthwhile, then I'll post it. For now, it's tough to differentiate most players' mindsets from neutral mindsets.
reywaS wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Make fun of me as his cheerleader all you want (actually, please do, since it's hilarious), but I have been only defending Golden with the fervor that I've had because I feel accusations against him have been driven by mere fear mongering ("he did that to Epi? What if he does it to me?!?!?!!?"), which is a silly sentiment in my opinion given that the vast majority of players in this game still don't know what side they're going to end up on.
You start this paragraph off by addressing me and end it by addressing SVS without a transition.
reywaS, I note your observation. My post wasn't really addressed to anyone in particular (you'll note I didn't ask anyone for input and that my statements don't really require any input), and I realize I was talking about you and S~V~S. I'm afraid I don't understand your point though. What is it?
Dom wrote: Why the wishy-washy-ness on Bass?
When Epignosis pushed for his lynch, he had one vote, did he not? Golden was hardly in danger on Day 1.
Dom wrote:This does not address Golden's change in tone. This does not address Golden's change in actions since Day 0.
Dom, I'm confused. What wishy-washyness are you talking about? I feel I've been consistent on Bass.

I don't discount that fact; you raise a good point. Nonetheless, I've been pursued by Epignosis before on Day 1, and Day 1 always unpredictable. I suppose it's so easy for me to understand Golden's perspective because I was just feeling everything he seemed to be feeling here on Day 1 of Economics when Epi relentlessly attacked me because he thought I was lying about RL.

Regarding Golden, I do believe his tone changed rapidly once Epi started going after him hard, and I can completely understand why. I do not think Golden's change in tone is indicative of anything other than being under intense emotional fire. What do you think?
Roxy wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I can definitely see how you (or anyone) would view Golden as a threat at this point. He basically stopped short of calling the Epignosis kill "a demonstration".
Well, I suppose you're right; I perhaps am not being understanding enough of the opposite perspective myself, but I'll still be very disappointed if Golden gets lynched and flips neutral (or, worse, civilian-aligned, but I would doubt that).
See what I dont understand is why people are cool with me flipping neutral. Can someone explain that to me?

yah I do not get this mindset either.
Its ok if Bass flips Neutral and his role is considered bad EVEN though he is Neutral.
Disappointing if Golden gets lynched as a Neutral - seems no matter the role.
Typhoony is NK'ed and determined to be a Sorcerer - before we knew Bass had the supposed bad role everyone was ok for Typh to come back even though there is a chance he is a Sorcerer killer or he could have been this bad role Bass turned out to be.

This is such a double standard and so clique-ish imo.

MovingPictures wrote:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<snip I've considered the fact that Golden seemed more intent on lynching you over me, but didn't seem to have too strong of an opinion on either of us, but it really has no effect on the fact that his posts read exactly the way he's been crafting them, all game.
What does this mean any chance you can rephrase this bc it does not make sense.
Crafting posts does not sound like a civ thing it sounds like a bad thing.

Catching up when In can I will be hit and miss I voted #2 earlier before work bc we skipped 2 and went straight to 5 and 5 is right out.
Rox, first off, I just want it to be made clear: I have nothing personal against you or Bass. You are two of my favorite people on this forum and I cherish you both as my friends. I don't know if you feel like I have made anything personal against either of you, but I have had no intention, so I apologize if you do feel that way.

My thought process regarding both Golden and Bass has been clear, but I realize there have been a lot of posts. As I've noted, I've been able to see the perspective behind each of Golden's actions this game. I've been able to understand where he's coming from. I feel Golden is being entirely honest about his intentions, and is laying all of it out on the table and saying "Look, this is what I'm feeling. This is what I've done." and almost no one else is doing that. In contrast, Bass's behavior seemed very manipulative to me, and I couldn't ever understand what was going on in Bass's brain. I tried to engage him in conversation, and others did as well, and I felt Bass was more intent on pushing heat onto anyone other than himself, rather than he was concerned with trying to understand where I was coming from. I won't ramble more because I've noted this before, albeit in a differently explained manner.

I would have been disappointed if Golden had been lynched yesterday because he is hands down the player in this game who is being forthright and completely honest about his intentions and I believe him. I think he is neutral. I think his actions make sense given that he baited Epi. However, I think despite the fact that Golden is doing whatever he can to lay his heart out there, players are taking advantage of him as an easy target. In contrast, Bass seemed very shifty, and only seemed to give opinions on anything once he was prompted to do so, with the exception of his wacky theory on me which I already told him didn't make sense because he was alleging I said the opposite of what I really said.

I can't comment on the Typhoony discussion since I didn't contribute to that. I don't disagree with you there, since I'm not really too sure how the roles themselves are inherently evil or not. Some of them do have powers that can be more adoptable to nefarious purposes, or civilian purposes, but I think it's too speculative in general. I openly admit that I don't know how Bass was approaching this game; I only have tried to make assertions based on his post behavior, just like I am with everyone else.

Regarding the "crafting", I'm not sure what you mean. Everyone crafts, as in creates or types, their posts. Like if I say I am crafting an essay. Maybe people just don't use that word like I do. XD I feel Golden has been incredibly clear with his intentions in his posts; refer to my above thoughts and what I've expressed in previous posts.

If you're still unclear on absolutely any of this, then I'm sorry I apparently haven't been clear, and I'll try to clarify when I next return to the thread.
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote::ponder:

If Bass is somehow a recruited mafia, my bet's on Rox for his teammate.
Its cars mafia all over again. lol
What do you think of Rox?
This is where you start trying to pee on me and you do this like every game.

You suspect someone I do not I explain why you do not approve and start saying we teammates before a role or alignment has even been revealed. It has led to me being wrongly lynched by your lead many times.

Why did you immediately jump to - if Bass is bad I bet Rox is on his team?

How dumb would that be? You would never recruit Daisy the same way I would never recruit Bass. Yet you instantly throw this our there like a fact. Why would anyone want to recruit Bass in the first place?
He was not paying attention (which is obv by his posts)
He was barely posting
He was starting to get suspicion
yet you single him out like he would be this amazing recruit LOL you srsly believe that?
Rox, I thought it was odd that you kept making disclaimer statements about Bass that his posting seemed odd or indicated shenanigans yet you were never able to pull the trigger and vote for him. You kept seeming, to me, as if you were finding reasons to not vote for him, all the while recognizing that there WAS something different about his posting. That's why I threw that statement out there. Obviously, I was wrong. I didn't assert that I knew it as a fact. I can't help myself but go into conspiracy theory Sock mode from time to time; I had no idea the post would upset you so much. I should have, though, since I can relate to your mindset better after seeing your more recent posts. I should have just kept that thought to myself and started speculating on any Bass teammates if/once he flipped mafia recruit. I get ahead of myself sometimes.

I explained earlier in the game why I think low posters would make great recruits. If you want proof, look no further than the fact that Golden and I have been constantly having to defend ourselves, that Scotty is recently coming out against JJJ that he'd make a good recruit, that BWT received so many votes on Day 1, etc. The more someone posts, the more they can be scrutinized and the more their words can be manipulated to look suspicious.
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:I do not get why it is ok to lynch someone you do not think is recruited bc he is a good choice for recruitment - huh? Obv not bc it has led to a likely lynch.

I have been questioned over my suspicion but to me this is really weak.

Keep dreaming MP I see now you are indeed looking for easy lynches.
I don't understand your first line. Can you reword? I don't understand who "he" is.

You've been questioned over your suspicion because it seems several players do not legitimately understand fully why you suspect BWT. Perhaps you should realize that's not because we have skipped your posts but because it's not entirely clear.

I am, yeah? Okay then. Think what you want.
I was obv talking about Bass and others reasons for voting him and something you also touched on.

I did not understand your suspicion but I did not immediately label you and Nutella as likely teammates. I explained my suspicion I am sorry if you "don't think its clear" - last time you claimed my posts were not clear was on Ksite and you were bad :nicenod:

Oh and BTW me and Bass were teammates as we both are Neutral. :P
Rox, I didn't realize you meant Bass. Often I get confused with pronoun-antecedents when they are not 100% explicit, so it wasn't obvious to me. That's more a product of me rather than you, so I'm not implying there was anything wrong with your post or pronoun usage. I just don't read between the lines well.

What you're trying to express by the nutella and me thing -- I think I get it. I'm sorry I wasn't entirely clear in my post's intentions. Look above for the explanation as to my thought process when I posted the theory about you being a teammate of Bass if he happened to flip mafia. See if that answers your question as to why I threw that post out there. I also wanted to see what others would contribute to it, but no one really talked about it, which is probably for the best anyway.

I still don't understand your BWT suspicion completely, but I feel like this is a pointless discussion to pursue, since you don't seem intent on clarifying (I asked you to restate the main points and you wouldn't). So be it, but if I recall correctly, others went through your posts and only found one clear thought on BWT, so I don't think I'm the only one who's still a bit confused on the matter. I won't bother you about it anymore; I know there are a lot of posts, but I know how it feels to be asked to restate things you felt you have said before, since I've already done that this game myself on so many occasions. I'll revisit your posts and let you know if I have any specific questions.

Oh man, I rock! I was totally right then!!!! :srsnod: :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote::ponder:

If Bass is somehow a recruited mafia, my bet's on Rox for his teammate.

I am leaving the thread before I pee all over MP
Bummer.
You are bummed bc I left the thread BEFORE I let you upset me in the game? Twisted! :|

got a meeting will do more in a bit
LOL, this was a joke. I should have used sarcastic orange, I guess. It was just because you used the phrase "pee on" and I thought it'd lighten the mood a bit if I acted as though I was disappointed. It fell flat, obviously. :P
aapje wrote:So what is up with DF and DP? DF has missed both polls and DP hasn't contributed anything so far. I honestly wouldn't mind lynching either of them. If we are lynching neutrals anyway we might as well get rid of people who aren't really playing the game to begin with :shrug:

I agree, we really need to shift some focus to other players who fail to contribute, or just onto anyone that hasn't been a major topic of discussion, IMO. Why don't we talk about Devin too, since he said not to avoid it? :feb: (Speaking of which, Devin, I didn't respond to your post directly, sorry, but I have no specific questions for you at this exact moment. Hope you're having fun in PA!).

Who wants to conduct an ISO on the lower posters? JJJ? :grin:

I have a busy 24+ hours ahead of me. I'll see when I can come back, probably won't be until tomorrow night Central.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Btw where is Mata? I miss the damn traitorous musketeer :p
And I was just thinking about Zelda, she should have showed up for this too! :pout:

Rox, sorry you feel that way but I have explained my stance on Bass's role and I stand by it. But you are right I am a bit less keen on rezzing Typh because now that another sorceror is gone there is now a 1 in 6 chance he was Azura, and a 1/6 that he was the Pyromancer.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Going ahead and voting for position 3. Let's get that shit show on the road and over with. My friends and I headed out much sooner than expected so I may not be around much this night phase.

Linki: Holy mfs MP.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Black Rock wrote:
nutella wrote:Also really great post LC. I always really enjoy your writing and I really appreciate the detail you put into game flavor.
It is a scene he sets. I like how he brings the characters to life. That's why I need him as a cohost. No stories come from me. I just create, he brings them to life. That's right, he does the life thing twice. :meany:
I agree! He makes the posts come alive in my mind - like I am not only reading it I can see it!
;)
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

nutella wrote:Btw where is Mata? I miss the damn traitorous musketeer :p
She returned for a game, won it and took off again.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Roxy I can understand why I might look clique-y. My bass vote was mostly because he is a very successful baddie and if I was bad, I would want to recruit him. The fact I was also voting to save MP is because he looked like he was having a bit of an emotional time and feeling like perhaps quitting the game, and I wanted to give him tangible reasons he didn't need to quit the game and to know that there were people (or at least one) reading his posts and who didn't think he was bad. But there was no intentional clique.

I also don't feel like I agree with unfurl saying the game will necessarily become for elite hard core players. I think I've shown that the targets are not all on the quieter players. But I think there are solid logical reasons to target quieter players, so I can see why it could go down that road.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

I meant Rey and DH who were both on staff with you at ZRM, Golden.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

nutella wrote:
Ricochet wrote: So why the double standard between these two Sorcerers' deaths? And why suddenly find Magnetarch to have been dangerous, when previously it was deemed not so bad?
Honestly, I admit I was a little biased by my having wanted to lynch Bass, and wanted to push back a little against people like SVS who had immediately gone "awww he was an innocent unrecruited so sorry you got lynched bb" without considering his role and its potential effects on the game. When I went back to read the Magnetarch's role after the reveal, it was under a different light than when I skimmed through the Sorcerors for threats, and I re-interpreted it as actually rather dangerous, though of course not as scary as Azura or the Pyromancer. And as I said in the earlier post you quoted, some roles can be a huge threat if they're a baddie but immensely helpful if they're a civvie, so I was scanning for Sorcerors that would be particularly threatening as baddies. When I went back to read the Magnetarch however it seems worrying in its own right -- regardless of his recruitment status, the abilities can cause some destructive fuckery. Especially considering a lot of them have a random factor -- it doesn't look like the Magnetarch has much agency in positions 1, 2, and 5.

So, yeah, maybe I would have included the Magnetarch on my earlier list if I had thought a little more about it, but it's not on the same level as the Pyromancer, but rather scary in a different way.

linki: bea, position 4 is the one with poison and I think it's best to delay the infection as long as possible because it will be cumulative. sneaky counter-current vote there.
and MM I believe it is actually bea's birthday that is coming up in a few days (though idk when diggs' is) :p
Its easy to make any particular role to look bad to suit ones needs. I mean lorab is saying the Judge is prob a recruited baddie bc they used their power Day 1 and that is supposed to be civ type role.

So basically I see this as a way to push the convo under the rug. *nothing2seehere* ;)

Also why would you want to push back against people like SVS and now me bc we were sorry to see Bass go - an unrecruited neutral role?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I think this is become an elitist game tbqh, where the people who arenot hard core player will going to be lynched, my prediction, less see in an a fortune teller :llama:
Not quite elitist but I feel kinda the same way. :|
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not saying RIP to Bass, and, at the expense of making enemies further, I'll echo nutella's thoughts a bit and say that I'm not that sad about Bass's death either. It would have been ideal to nab a mafia-aligned recruiter or recruited, naturally, but an unrecruited Bass is still at least a somewhat favorable result. That said, I'll dearly miss him on a personal level, as always.

Maybe you all are generally more OK with it because you weren't on the receiving end of his completely baseless attack against me, which, combined with other similar attacks yesterday, actually had me feeling as though I was a solid lynch contender for Day 2. My feelings were confirmed when I was tied for the lead in votes for quite a while, though later it died down. Bass's behavior was unpredictable, he wasn't willing at all to actually engage others in conversation and see things from my point of view. He could have easily been playing a mafia or chaos-aligned neutral game, regardless of whether people think his role seems dangerous on its own, which was sort of the feel I was getting from his posts up until the end there.

I agree that it's bet at this stage for Golden to drop the Epi issue completely, but it doesn't help that others (rey and S~V~S and Boomslang, etc.) have been just as insistent on bringing it up over and over as well as Golden has.

Make fun of me as his cheerleader all you want (actually, please do, since it's hilarious), but I have been only defending Golden with the fervor that I've had because I feel accusations against him have been driven by mere fear mongering ("he did that to Epi? What if he does it to me?!?!?!!?"), which is a silly sentiment in my opinion given that the vast majority of players in this game still don't know what side they're going to end up on.
I thought his posts were quite honest and open in the end but you and Nutella had already begged other players to vote Bass. so your first paragraph read like a spoil sport wrote it.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Bullzeye wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
G-Man wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of the votes for Day 2? I was busy and didn't have time to fill them in as they happened and I missed any votes cast in the last hour of the poll.
I second this request. Are we not doing poll threads any more?
I'm slow at posting them because I was tired.

Also I seem to have misplaced the lynch.... so if anyone could just PM me what they have that would be great. I swear I'll get my shit together. I have links on the front page for what has been posted, I'll get the rest caught up.
Oh that's fair enough. Wasn't a dig or anything, I was curious because I can't remember the last time I saw one in general.
Elitist? In what way?

Linki MP - I mostly agree with you about Bass, I think he earned his own lynch through the way he behaved. He felt very blendy and shifty to me and that's not generally a feeling I associate with the good guys.
Wouldn't blendy and shifty also signify a neutral aligned role?
;)
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Roxy wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
G-Man wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of the votes for Day 2? I was busy and didn't have time to fill them in as they happened and I missed any votes cast in the last hour of the poll.
I second this request. Are we not doing poll threads any more?
I'm slow at posting them because I was tired.

Also I seem to have misplaced the lynch.... so if anyone could just PM me what they have that would be great. I swear I'll get my shit together. I have links on the front page for what has been posted, I'll get the rest caught up.
Oh that's fair enough. Wasn't a dig or anything, I was curious because I can't remember the last time I saw one in general.
Elitist? In what way?

Linki MP - I mostly agree with you about Bass, I think he earned his own lynch through the way he behaved. He felt very blendy and shifty to me and that's not generally a feeling I associate with the good guys.
Wouldn't blendy and shifty also signify a neutral aligned role?
Not necessarily. They could make good recruits in either faction, since they'd be under the radar. As a matter of fact, I'd agree with MP that blendy and shifty would lean more bad to me.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote: Wouldn't blendy and shifty also signify a neutral aligned role?
Depends how you look at it. Shifty in particular is not a word I use as a positive trait, it's something I very much associate with the baddies. He earned my vote by dropping NO Us in response to being asked to speak about a topic other than MP and then not giving satisfactory responses to the questions he was being asked by myself and others. It's a shame he wasn't a baddie but it's no different to me than any other lynch I've been part of. Sometimes you just get it wrong. Nobody's perfect.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Somehow I always expect *more* from you.

I think this is an awful plan - I personally would rather track down baddies and their recruiters.
;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:I meant Rey and DH who were both on staff with you at ZRM, Golden.
OK, but you were wrong, yeah?

Rey and DH know me well, but so do all the others I listed. It's wrong to imply that those who know me best think I'm bad.

(Plus, I don't even think DH thinks I'm bad. I think he merely thinks I am a threat to his game. He is playing the game in a way I would describe as truly neutral. But he can correct me if I'm wrong)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

And I was just thinking about Zelda, she should have showed up for this too! :pout:

Rox, sorry you feel that way but I have explained my stance on Bass's role and I stand by it. But you are right I am a bit less keen on rezzing Typh because now that another sorceror is gone there is now a 1 in 6 chance he was Azura, and a 1/6 that he was the Pyromancer.
Yeah your reasoning of his role is pingy bc you can pull almost any role and spin it to suit your needs like you saying at first it would be ok to rezz Typh but when Bass flips you are like "ooo that could be a bad role no matter what, now I am not so keen to rezz Typh"
See my point?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Bullzeye wrote:
Depends how you look at it. Shifty in particular is not a word I use as a positive trait, it's something I very much associate with the baddies. He earned my vote by dropping NO Us in response to being asked to speak about a topic other than MP and then not giving satisfactory responses to the questions he was being asked by myself and others. It's a shame he wasn't a baddie but it's no different to me than any other lynch I've been part of. Sometimes you just get it wrong. Nobody's perfect.
Isn't that what you do when under suspicion? Point out others? Always gonna be a no u in a group like this bc it is highly likely a baddie was in on getting this easy lynch pushed through.
His answers seemed satifactory to me especially in the end.
Yep sometimes we get it wrong but to me yesterdays lynch was a big double standard.
;)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

So I'm back in town, I will unpack and catch up on the game tonight!
My siggie.
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Roxy wrote:

Somehow I always expect *more* from you.

I think this is an awful plan - I personally would rather track down baddies and their recruiters.
See the thing is this: I don't know yet with which team I am going to win (yes I plan to win :P ) so for now staying alive while other people die is my main objective. Since I'm not yet particularly interested in who lives or dies (other than myself) I'd rather get rid of those who aren't really contributing anyway. I don't like giving people a free pass for not participating. Not to mention the danger those who fly under the radar pose, MP won the last edition of recruitment mafia.
Is it so wrong to want to play with people who are playing the game as well?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Isn't that what you do when under suspicion? Point out others? Always gonna be a no u in a group like this bc it is highly likely a baddie was in on getting this easy lynch pushed through.
His answers seemed satifactory to me especially in the end.
Yep sometimes we get it wrong but to me yesterdays lynch was a big double standard.
There's pointing out people who might be bad and there's saying "Nutella voted for me, she's probably bad" and "JJJ is questioning me, he's probably a recruit because he said he might ask to be replaced but changed his mind". If you can't accept that I found that suspicious enough to warrant my vote then I don't know what more to say on the matter.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

All right, I'm back.

Does anyone remember the awesome summaries/recaps I do from time to time when people ask me? Somebody do me a solid and make one of those. I'm going to go back and read a lot as well, but a bird's eye view narrative would be helpful.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote:
Long Con wrote:First player to post a picture of a Hostile Hoagie will gain esteem.
:noble: :noble: :noble: :noble: :noble:
Canucklehead wrote:
Long Con wrote:First player to post a picture of a Hostile Hoagie will gain esteem.
:clap:

:disappoint:

XD
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Roxy wrote:

Yeah your reasoning of his role is pingy bc you can pull almost any role and spin it to suit your needs like you saying at first it would be ok to rezz Typh but when Bass flips you are like "ooo that could be a bad role no matter what, now I am not so keen to rezz Typh"
See my point?
I think I understand where you are coming from but I did not mean it that way. Also I think you are misunderstanding my point about Typh. I would feel the same way if Bass had been any of the other Sorcerors besides Azura and the Pyromancer, because I'm talking about the chances of Typh having one of those roles. But yeah I know and openly admit that I was somewhat inconsistent, because the first time I glanced at the sorcerors for threatening-looking roles I didn't pay enough attention to the Magnetarch to realize how much of a threat it could be, and when Bass was revealed I took a closer look at his abilities and was certainly not crushed not to have to deal with them.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey DH, how about a rainbow list? :P
G
O
F
U
C
K
Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
Post of the year. ^
My siggie.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Did someone ask for a Hulk Hoagie? No? OH WELL!!!

I SUMMON YOU FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE UNDERWORLD! COME FORWARD BROTHER!

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I guess a Hulk Hoagie is like a Hostile Hoagie but also secretly racist and openly a douche? :P
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Hulk Hogie, Hostile Hoagie, same thing :P
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:All right, I'm back.

Does anyone remember the awesome summaries/recaps I do from time to time when people ask me? Somebody do me a solid and make one of those. I'm going to go back and read a lot as well, but a bird's eye view narrative would be helpful.
I would usually do this, but my perspective is highly skewed. I think I may be able to summarise why each person who got votes, got votes. Others might want to argue my interpretation though. Is that sufficient?
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

So what's a rainbow post? Other than the thing DH posted :p
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So, I haven't gotten to a Rainbow List post yet... I didn't realize how difficult it would be at this stage given the nature of the game. I'll keep mulling over it, and if I come up with something actually worthwhile, then I'll post it. For now, it's tough to differentiate most players' mindsets from neutral mindsets.
reywaS wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
You start this paragraph off by addressing me and end it by addressing SVS without a transition.
reywaS, I note your observation. My post wasn't really addressed to anyone in particular (you'll note I didn't ask anyone for input and that my statements don't really require any input), and I realize I was talking about you and S~V~S. I'm afraid I don't understand your point though. What is it?
I just wanted to make sure you weren't attributing someone else's ideas with mine.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown

Return to “Previous Jobs”