Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 0 Post

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
-= Discovery =-

As the sun rose after a peaceful night, weary travellers arrived at their destinations, and began to explore their new surroundings...

Day 1 has begun. You will be getting a PM about your new location (if you moved) within the next hour or so.

The poll will come up first. Those that voted for Prog will not be on the poll. One Civvie, one baddie, and one Indy role were told at the outset of the poll that this was a possible outcome of the Day 0 poll.
HELL YEAH.

Wikipedia says it's one of the most progressive songs ever.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Sorsha »

Would a "policy vote" be along the lines of how some players would just have their fall back day one vote? I know rabbit and I used to just vote for one another on day one, mostly on RM. that seems to have kind of gone out of fashion, but that's what policy vote sounds like to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

HamburgerBoy wrote:linki: Siberian Khatru is awesome btw, definitely one of my favorite songs ever.
Close To The Edge is a great album. Rick Wakeman is my favourite keyboardist.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Are votes changeable?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote:The talking heads game.

I was civ, he's still alive in the game so his role isn't known. He tunneled me from my day 0 vote for days. Adding pretty much everything I did to his list of "things that make Sorsha bad." he did the same thing to others. His thing is just coming up with completely outlandish theories that really only make sense to him and not letting go.

And I'm saying that if nothing else comes up as suspicious I could see myself possibly voting for Matt to spare us that in this game. It's entirely unpleasant and really ruins the game. I'm not sure how many other civvies were tunneled by Matt during that game (or others that he's done it in) can attest to that.

If he says he's not going to tunnel players and act like he did in the TH game then fine. I really have no problem with him. We'll see how this day goes.
I'm having trouble understanding the theory here. And having been a player that others vote for because I tend to focus on one player and become convinced they are bad for reasons that others don't get, I guess I'm having trouble with the concept of finding that suspicious. Also, if his allegience in that game is unknown, then it's certainly not necessarily suspicious to me.

I get that if he ruined your game earlier, then you don't want to play with him. But I'm having trouble with the suspicion, if that makes sense. If anything, it seems like those that suspect him are using his earlier play as an excuse to lynch a player.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Matt F
Why?
Sorsha wrote:Would a "policy vote" be along the lines of how some players would just have their fall back day one vote? I know rabbit and I used to just vote for one another on day one, mostly on RM. that seems to have kind of gone out of fashion, but that's what policy vote sounds like to me.
Mac's term, so perhaps he'll answer. From what I understood, he meant it as every game he plays, he will vote for Matt no matter what. Which does not seem like a civ-friendly concept to me.

I think you and Rabbi was more a friendly rivalry kind of thing (although I never really thought it was useful to strategy, personally, but didn't object to it, per se) as opposed to I will always vote this person until one of us is dead because I don't like how they play.

Also, the policy vote concept is really easy to hide behind.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote:Are votes changeable?
Votes are changeable in this poll.

Lorab, I just want to observe MacDougall.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Hosties - If someone loses their win condition, does that mean they are unable to win while they have no win condition - or does it mean that they have a different win condition?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote:Would a "policy vote" be along the lines of how some players would just have their fall back day one vote? I know rabbit and I used to just vote for one another on day one, mostly on RM. that seems to have kind of gone out of fashion, but that's what policy vote sounds like to me.
That's one of the ways to describe it.

But here's another example. In a recent game on RYM, MP07 roleclaimed as cop and listed 2 (or maybe 3) players he had checked and their alignment. The one player he listed as mafia counter-claimed, saying he was the real cop. This other player (bcornett) pointed out the bread-crumb trail he had laid out for his checks, and gave a solid case for his candidacy. MP responded with this pretty believable story that he was quite certain about his read on the real cop, and so he fake-roleclaimed. Both were actually civilian, but we had to lynch one of them after these events. It would have been foolish to leave them both alive, especially since one was obviously lying, and potentially mafia. So MP was policy-lynched.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Are votes changeable?
Votes are changeable in this poll.

Lorab, I just want to observe MacDougall.
Makes sense. Thanks for answering.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
That's one of the ways to describe it.

But here's another example. In a recent game on RYM, MP07 roleclaimed as cop and listed 2 (or maybe 3) players he had checked and their alignment. The one player he listed as mafia counter-claimed, saying he was the real cop. This other player (bcornett) pointed out the bread-crumb trail he had laid out for his checks, and gave a solid case for his candidacy. MP responded with this pretty believable story that he was quite certain about his read on the real cop, and so he fake-roleclaimed. Both were actually civilian, but we had to lynch one of them after these events. It would have been foolish to leave them both alive, especially since one was obviously lying, and potentially mafia. So MP was policy-lynched.
I don't think that is how Mac is using the term.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I've satisfied myself as to Mac's motives in the Dune thread - I don't feel the need to rehash it here.

I will only say, that I will not be voting MattF for policy reasons, and I would never vote for anyone because I had decided they were unhelpful for the town. Even if I could make that judgment, for all I know, in any given game, that person is the cop and they will be very helpful and nail the entire baddie team. I just don't agree with the logic. I agree with those who say it feels unproductive.

I haven't seen anything which leaps out at me yet, but I'll put a preliminary vote on Sorsha since votes are changeable. I'm not sure what is going on with her posting that same thing in both threads but it gave me a bad vibe, like it's covering for something in one game or the other. The problem is I have no reason to determine which one.

Also, I probably won't vote for Epi, just for saying 'man titties'.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey LoRab, you are twirling early. I assume that means you have nothing to hide? :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:I've satisfied myself as to Mac's motives in the Dune thread - I don't feel the need to rehash it here.

I will only say, that I will not be voting MattF for policy reasons, and I would never vote for anyone because I had decided they were unhelpful for the town. Even if I could make that judgment, for all I know, in any given game, that person is the cop and they will be very helpful and nail the entire baddie team. I just don't agree with the logic. I agree with those who say it feels unproductive.

I haven't seen anything which leaps out at me yet, but I'll put a preliminary vote on Sorsha since votes are changeable. I'm not sure what is going on with her posting that same thing in both threads but it gave me a bad vibe, like it's covering for something in one game or the other. The problem is I have no reason to determine which one.

Epignosis is off the poll sillypants.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I posted it on both games because he said the same thing in both games! Lol.. I don't get how that's suspish but ok!

I have the feeling if I hadn't said it in both games someone would say "why'd you say that here but not in the other game?"
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

A World Reborn Polls

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have posted a Polls thread. The Day 0 poll is there now.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:Hey LoRab, you are twirling early. I assume that means you have nothing to hide? :p
I mean, it was relevant to discussion. But indeed, I have nothing to hide.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:Hosties - If someone loses their win condition, does that mean they are unable to win while they have no win condition - or does it mean that they have a different win condition?
Someone without a Win Condition cannot win the game. No new Win Condition is provided to someone who loses theirs.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

LoRab wrote:
Sorsha wrote:The talking heads game.

I was civ, he's still alive in the game so his role isn't known. He tunneled me from my day 0 vote for days. Adding pretty much everything I did to his list of "things that make Sorsha bad." he did the same thing to others. His thing is just coming up with completely outlandish theories that really only make sense to him and not letting go.

And I'm saying that if nothing else comes up as suspicious I could see myself possibly voting for Matt to spare us that in this game. It's entirely unpleasant and really ruins the game. I'm not sure how many other civvies were tunneled by Matt during that game (or others that he's done it in) can attest to that.

If he says he's not going to tunnel players and act like he did in the TH game then fine. I really have no problem with him. We'll see how this day goes.
I'm having trouble understanding the theory here. And having been a player that others vote for because I tend to focus on one player and become convinced they are bad for reasons that others don't get, I guess I'm having trouble with the concept of finding that suspicious. Also, if his allegience in that game is unknown, then it's certainly not necessarily suspicious to me.

I get that if he ruined your game earlier, then you don't want to play with him. But I'm having trouble with the suspicion, if that makes sense. If anything, it seems like those that suspect him are using his earlier play as an excuse to lynch a player.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Matt F
Why?
Mac's term, so perhaps he'll answer. From what I understood, he meant it as every game he plays, he will vote for Matt no matter what. Which does not seem like a civ-friendly concept to me.

I think you and Rabbi was more a friendly rivalry kind of thing (although I never really thought it was useful to strategy, personally, but didn't object to it, per se) as opposed to I will always vote this person until one of us is dead because I don't like how they play.

Also, the policy vote concept is really easy to hide behind.
I'm not saying that I'm going to vote for Matt f until one of us are dead. Nor that I'm going to vote for him in every game we play. I'm considering him for my day one vote here in this game period, if nothing else comes up. That's actually a pretty big if too, tbh.....There is quite a bit going on.

I'm also thinking of how early in the TH game Mac wanted to lynch seaside just for the sake of getting him out of the way early because Mac thought seaside would be useless in endgame. So if I go with that train of thought I'd be more likely to vote Mac, since this could be seen as the same type of situation, I think.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I think I get where you are coming from. So thank you for clarifying. Makes more sense. I'm still having trouble with Mac.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:I've satisfied myself as to Mac's motives in the Dune thread - I don't feel the need to rehash it here.

Epignosis is off the poll sillypants.
Well, I definitely won't vote for Epi, primarily for saying 'man titties', but also in part for not even being competent enough to get himself on the poll.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorsha wrote:I posted it on both games because he said the same thing in both games! Lol.. I don't get how that's suspish but ok!

I have the feeling if I hadn't said it in both games someone would say "why'd you say that here but not in the other game?"
It's not the fact you posted it in both games that is suspicious. It's the fact you posted it at all. I think it sets you up for an easy MattF lynch, which could be to your advantage. In at least one game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorsha wrote:So if I go with that train of thought I'd be more likely to vote Mac, since this could be seen as the same type of situation, I think.
I completely agree with this. The irony of Mac's original stance was strong and virtually was begging for a vote. But in the Dune thread I drilled down a bit more, and was satisfied with Mac's answers, and so my final thinking was that I wasn't going to go for that train of thought at all. If Mac had continued to avow a desire to vote for MattF on every day of every game until MattF died, rather than simply expressing a policy lynch concept and looking for reactions, I would have been very likely to vote for Mac.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

self vote Day 1

If I'm here Night 1, then we can put this ugly business behind us and rock 'n roll. If not, just as well. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Epignosis and MattF in this game. This will be a hoot.
Listen to the song I posted. Tell me what you think.
I think it's an eerie spiritual coincidence that two of the songs that have been posted in this thread (Sheep and Siberian Khatru) are the same two songs that have ended up on one of my recent mix CD's, that featured no other Pink Floyd or Yes songs. Just had to say that.

Anyway, could someone explain to me how any of the suspicions/pings stated so far make any sense at all?
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't like discussing what Mac's doing here because it's effecting two games, and I don't like being in a position where it feels necessary for me to talk about what's going on in another game (unless it's OT) to justify anything I have to say about the one I'm currently posting in. Of course, Matt F himself is in a much worse position for the same reasons and then some. That being said, I believe that a self-vote is a mortal sin in any mafia game. As long as Matt F's vote remains on himself, so will mine.

Matt F
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Voting for a guy for being unhelpful to a game where we don't even fully know how right or wrong he was that game? Beyond ridiculous. Policy lynching is only valid for players that routinely break rules or habitually stop playing halfway through, and I imagine that isn't too common on this site (on RYM it can be, although policy lynches are usually discouraged anyways).
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't know if what you're saying is directed at me or not, but if it is, I suppose I should make it clear that I am not advocating a policy lynch. What I am advocating is for civilians to not vote for themselves unless they truly want to be lynched.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

I am on holiday now so feel free to policy lynch me for wanting a policy lynch.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Maybe we'll policy lynch you just for being on holiday. :dalek:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

I have a huge scum read on MacDougall.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Inconceivable!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Get it? Because WIFOM?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

So when is the game actually starting?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Typhoony wrote:So when is the game actually starting?
Now. Games don't start until you arrive to get the party started.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

Golden wrote:
Typhoony wrote:So when is the game actually starting?
Now. Games don't start until you arrive to get the party started.
Too bad I was not around for all the pre-game entertainment though.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

i am a bit confused with this. Are you saying that becasue his answers in the Dune thread were to your liking, that you think he's good in THIS thread?

But you're voting for Sorsha for posting the same thing in both threads, although Mac did the identical thing?

After my early faux pas of misposting, I planned on putting time and space between the two threads so an not to conflate them. Perhaps you should consider doing the same.

As for me, having read both threads I feel somewhat differently about Mac here. He started out saying his "I'm voting for Matt day one every game" thing was a joke, then he backtracked that. I am unlikely to vote for him or Matt without more substance (although i am not thrilled with Matts self vote) but I hope we can base our opinions on THIS thread.

@zebra~ one should post Sheep at every applicable opportunity :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote: one should post Sheep at every applicable opportunity :D
:nicenod:

I hate all this other game talk. Other games should be left in other games, and anyone who votes based off it at this point is being oppurtunistic. When I first read it I felt like Sorsha was really quick to jump on it, but I also feel a bit that she might have felt forced to comment on it as it is dominating conversation (like I have to do here).
Gro-oo-ovy
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 0

Post by a2thezebra »

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 0

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:G-Man, either sign up for a game and play it, or stop posting man titties, You can't have both.
:blush: Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't intend for that post to be so huge (or posted in the wrong thread :fist: ) but it just took off like a wild fire. I'll try to limit myself to the off-topic threads and the Don's Hideout section until I'm ready to play again. And if I do feel compelled to be disruptive in game threads, I'll keep it simple from now on:
Though I must say that, for an English teacher, the composition of your post was pretty hideous.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Elohcin »

@ Host - Is there a reason there is no time written on the poll?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Forgetfulness. The poll will run until 10/29/2015, 10pm EST.

I will post some reminders along the way to ensure that everyone who reads the thread has sufficient idea of the deadline.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm going to policy ignore MacDougall every time he policy votes for MattF.

I'm voting for juliets until she responds to my fantasy football trade offer. Come on jules, I'm dying for a running back here and Ronnie Hillman is rotting away on your bench.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Obviously not something I can act on toDay, but this post by Bullz caught my hindsight eye. It feels like the least genuine vote for Prog.
Bullzeye wrote:Voting Prog not because it's my favourite. Nor is it my least favourite. It's the only option in the poll I have absolutely no opinion on either way and that makes it noteworthy to me.
Everyone else voted for their favorite option on Day 0. Bullzeye voted for a "noteworthy" one. :ponder:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:Obviously not something I can act on toDay, but this post by Bullz caught my hindsight eye. It feels like the least genuine vote for Prog.
Bullzeye wrote:Voting Prog not because it's my favourite. Nor is it my least favourite. It's the only option in the poll I have absolutely no opinion on either way and that makes it noteworthy to me.
Everyone else voted for their favorite option on Day 0. Bullzeye voted for a "noteworthy" one. :ponder:
I also noticed this as we went through Day 0 because the instructions were to vote for your favorite. Why didn't you just follow the directions Bullz?

Also TH I'm sorry I forgot about the trade. i will go answer that right after this post.

Matt F I truly don't understand why you voted for yourself. Can you give us the reason you did that? It's too early to give up and by voting yourself you are likely to attract others to vote for you (in fact I think you have). So, why did you do it?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Banana why did you vote for buglabush? He or she hasn't said a word. Neither have you for that matter. Please explain.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:Obviously not something I can act on toDay, but this post by Bullz caught my hindsight eye. It feels like the least genuine vote for Prog.
Do day zero votes have to be genuine now?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Didn't mean to press submit just yet. I have several favourite genres of music and felt that rather than pick one I'd just pick something different. I don't see why it should have to mean something.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:Didn't mean to press submit just yet. I have several favourite genres of music and felt that rather than pick one I'd just pick something different. I don't see why it should have to mean something.
It doesn't. It just caught my eye because it was different. No thoughts of voting you for it or anything.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Can we just play this game independent of every other game going on right now?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That includes fantasy football games. :ohyeah:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm going to policy ignore MacDougall every time he policy votes for MattF.

I'm voting for juliets until she responds to my fantasy football trade offer. Come on jules, I'm dying for a running back here and Ronnie Hillman is rotting away on your bench.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”