Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by Enrique »

nutella wrote:Yo sup brah
yo whatdafup!!
current favorite album(s)?
Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz and Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy both left a huuuge impression recently. Six Feet Beneath the Moon by King Krule is another I think I'll be listening to for a while. Oh, and the new Erykah Badu mixtape, But You Cain't Use My Phone.
favorite album of 2015?
Kinda cliché maybe, but I still think Carrie & Lowell and To Pimp A Butterfly will be some of the best albums of the whole decade. On Your Own Love Again by Jessica Pratt and Amor Supremo by Carla Morrison were also supa good.
last movie you saw?
Jeez, I really don't wanna say Beasts of No Nation because that was almost a month ago, but I can't think of anything more recent. Good movie, better visuals.
when will you visit Portland? :p
When I have money and a stable life, probably.
what's your favorite hot beverage?
Hot chocolate. No contest.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

hell yes age of adz is so dank
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Why did you tell me to come question you?
How long do you stay in the question spot?
How many questions am I allowed to ask?
On a scale of yes to infinity, how much do you love cats?
What do you think about life at the current moment?
Do you think humans will still be around in 628 years?
How about in 23,107 years?
What is your favorite English or Spanish word that can't be directly translated into the other language?
What is your favorite or most often used smiley here?
What is the weather like outside right now?
What is the best book you've read this year?
How many hours do you think you've spent playing mafia in your life so far?
What do you need to get from the store next time you go?
What is your favorite thing about Mexican culture?
Composition or spiral notebooks?
Pens or pencils?
Analog or digital watches?
Long or short sleeves?
Turtles or penguins?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dana wrote:Why did you tell me to come question you?
Because I just died in my last game and I need distractions.
How long do you stay in the question spot?
I don't know, actually! I think it's supposed to be a week? So.. couple more days.
How many questions am I allowed to ask?
Ask away.
On a scale of yes to infinity, how much do you love cats?
Yes. They're okay.
What do you think about life at the current moment?
lol. I think next year's gonna be good probably.
Do you think humans will still be around in 628 years?
Yes! In some shape or form.
How about in 23,107 years?
idk

What is your favorite English or Spanish word that can't be directly translated into the other language?

Ahh I think of these all the time, but I can't come up with any atm. I was gonna say "ojalá" but then I realized that's pretty much the same as "hopefully" so I'll just get back at you later I guess.
What is your favorite or most often used smiley here?
I don't think it's even here but I love this Image
What is the weather like outside right now?
It's so cold! It doesn't snow out here, but it's so much colder than I grew up with.
What is the best book you've read this year?
I'm gonna sound like some sort of freak if I say Story of the Eye. If God Were Alive Today by Vonnegut was p good I guess.
How many hours do you think you've spent playing mafia in your life so far?
Hmmm... 5000. idk.
What do you need to get from the store next time you go?
Nothing! I'm going home this Friday so I need to be finishing what I already have.
What is your favorite thing about Mexican culture?
Literally everything. I can't imagine being from anywhere else. I know this seems like a kinda cheap unenthusiastic non-answer but I really don't know where to begin. I love Mexico and I love Mexicans. I'm super proud of our land and of our heritage.
Composition or spiral notebooks?
I don't think I've owned a composition notebook since 5th grade. Spiral.
Pens or pencils?
Pens. A million times.
Analog or digital watches?
Analog4lyf. I can't wear digital watches. Really not my thing.
Long or short sleeves?
Hmm... both. It really comes down to the weather, but I guess I do feel a little extra cool wearing long sleeves.
Turtles or penguins?
#ClubTurtle
ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Really cool that you live so close to a pyramid. I am sure you have explored it - ever find anything cool during your explorations?

What is your fave american food/snack.

Do you think rootbeer is delicious?
;)
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Roxy wrote:Really cool that you live so close to a pyramid. I am sure you have explored it - ever find anything cool during your explorations?
Honestly I've never gone inside the pyramid. The pyramid is buried and for years people thought it was just a funny looking hill, restoration projects are still underway. I have many fun memories from the top of the pyramid, though, lol. It used to be a bit of a toke spot during my freshman year. Climbing it is always fun.
What is your fave american food/snack.
This is gonna be a bit of a weird answer but... Taco Bell. Taco Bell is in no way Mexican food, but it's darn delicious. And gross. I hate myself whenever I eat it but I love it so much. They come up with the damn nastiest shit, have you seen that one burrito that's wrapped inside a quesadilla or something ridiculous? Or the dorito taco loco? They just wrap foods around different foods and it's gross but also amazinggg. I've had more Taco Bell than any other food during my time in America, which I mean yeah it's kinda gross but oh well.
Do you think rootbeer is delicious?
It's never as good as I remember it being tbh. I haven't drank a root beer without being disappointed since middle school.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I hear your going to study anthropology:

- What made you change your major?
- What interests you about anthropology?
- What courses will you take?
- What will you do for a living when you finish school? Are your eyes set on a specific type of job?
- Will you need to take a graduate degree to do what you want?
- What else should I know about but havent asked pertaining to your degree?
- oh! When will you graduate?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:I hear your going to study anthropology:
Tru dat.
- What made you change your major?
I'd spent most of the last year and even before that stuck in the same place with my old major (Multicultural relations). I guess it just wasn't what I expected from it, and that's alright I mean, it just wasn't my thing.
- What interests you about anthropology?
I love learning about the creation and the ongoing development of culture. Since I was in MR I got involved in several anthropology projects, and I'm just full of admiration for the people who have dedicated their lives to it. There are still so many fields that have only been studied at a surface level, and I want to be able to contribute and dig deeper into them, as well as being able to apply that knowledge for the betterment of society.
- What courses will you take?
Next semester I plan to take two GenEd courses- Spanish II and French I. Then four Anthropology classes, tentatively Physical Anthropology, General Linguistics, Principles of Anthropological Thought, and Origins of Civilization. The entire program is packed with awesome classes. I'll even have to learn Nahuatl at some point!

And, along with my major-related courses, I'm also gonna take Screenwriting I as an elective. Screenwriting is another passion that I'd neglected for the last few years but that interests me immensely.
- What will you do for a living when you finish school? Are your eyes set on a specific type of job?
I'll probably already have a few projects underway by the time I graduate. I'm lucky to be right where I am, there are so many brilliant anthropologists in the area always looking for contributors and it's been amazing to touch shoulders with them. I don't know exactly what I will be doing, and if I will be able to dedicate myself to field work immediately after graduating, but as far as jobs are concerned I'm optimistic they'll be there and no matter how small I have to start, I'll have some great things to work on. For a more long-term answer, a topic that I'm super interested in but that's barely been explored is race relations in Mexico, specifically Afro-Mexican relations. I'd love to be a pioneer in that area, and I've already studied a fair amount of what's available but don't have the resources yet to dig deeper.
- Will you need to take a graduate degree to do what you want?
Possibly. My current goal is getting my Bachelor's, then after that who knows.
- What else should I know about but havent asked pertaining to your degree?
If I'm bad answering, I'm even worse coming up with questions. Anything you're curious about, I guess.
- oh! When will you graduate?
This is basically me starting over, save for a few credits they'll take, so probably at least another three years. I'm not too worried, I'm just glad to have finally found what I should've been doing from the beginning.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Thats all very intriguing enrique, especially the part about Afro-Mexican relations. It would so cool if you became a pioneer in that area, especially since there is not much out there on it. It sounds like something I would associate with the major you just dropped. Too bad more of your credits don't carry over but i get what you're saying about finding the right area of study.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Typhoony »

nub Enrique.

What is your favorite TV-show?
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Do you have any brothers or sisters? If so, do you like them?
What's your blood type?

What's the last pair of socks that you bought?
What's the last T-shirt that you bought?
What would you be doing on your favorite day ever?

Can you write a 500-word essay for me on why the show GoT is inferior to the books?
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:Thats all very intriguing enrique, especially the part about Afro-Mexican relations. It would so cool if you became a pioneer in that area, especially since there is not much out there on it. It sounds like something I would associate with the major you just dropped. Too bad more of your credits don't carry over but i get what you're saying about finding the right area of study.
Hm, well. By name, yeah, "Multicultural relations" sounds about right for race relations. In practice, though, Multicultural was pretty much just a more watered down and commercial version of the anthro major. The sort that would let you exploit anthropological analysis for transnationals and such. Not what I'm looking for.
Typhoony wrote:nub Enrique.
nee jij.
What is your favorite TV-show?
Ever? Mad Men. No question. I'll give you maybe other shows had higher peaks, but the amazing thing about Mad Men is that it NEVER let itself down. The show took us through a whole decade in the cast's lives and it evolved pretty organically, without ever resorting to cheap tropes or any "jump the shark" moments. The ending doesn't feel like it's a TV show ending and the plot's all wrapped up, but like you've spent ten years becoming intimate with this group of people and now you're never gonna see them again.

Ongoing? Everything Netflix produces. I know you know this, but I'm a massive fan of Netflix's original programming. I simply don't see any other network picking up the kind of stuff that they do, and even though it falls short sometimes, it's still so much more than what anybody else does. You have a feminist/LGBT icon with Orange is the New Black, and world-wide (also LGBT friendly) epic with Sense8, what looks like a dumb cartoon about a horse that ends up tackling the same themes as Mad Men in BoJack Horseman, the first ever Mexican attempt at a prestige drama in Club de Cuervos, a hilarious heartfelt romantic comedy that for once is not pandering to white audiences in Master of None, a sort of mature cinematic universe expansion that has never been seen before with the Marvel shows (Daredevil and Jessica Jones). Even the more traditional dramas, like House of Cards and Bloodline, come out in a format that no other network would've done. Bloodline was such a slow burn that I'm sure even HBO would've cancelled it after a few weeks. I haven't watched all of Marco Polo yet, but gimme dat period drama with only one white person in the whole cast that does Game of Thrones better than Game of Thrones ever could (to touch on your last question :p). Their upcoming stuff looks wonderful as well. I'm super hyped for Bill Burr's F is for Family, Judd Apatow's Love and Mitch Hurwitz / Will Arnett's Flaked. Network and Cable TV better step it up because Netflix is coming for them hard. :nicenod: None of those shows are perfect, but their ambition alone makes them 10000x more interesting than anything else. (This kinda went on and on but my favorites are BoJack Horseman and Master of None)

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

So many places... but to go with a non-obvious answer, I've always wanted to spend more time in Bariloche, Argentina. I went when I was 12 and I still can't believe how beautiful it was. There's a lot of places in Mexico and the USA that I would like to live in as well (most of the southeast for Mexico and most coast states on the US), but outside of that, yeah, Bariloche.
Do you have any brothers or sisters? If so, do you like them?
I have an older brother that's currently getting a PhD in Phylogenetics and Evolution (or something like that idk), who I mean yeah was pretty much my role model as a kid. I also have a younger half-brother who turns 10 tomorrow. I pretty much spent the first part of my life with the older one, and the second with the younger after big bro went to college. Yes, I like both of them, you could say I'm a fan.
What's your blood type?
O+. I grew up thinking it was a very special and cool blood type, and only recently found out it was the most common :disappoint: But, hey, I'm in a position to help a lot of people so that's good!
What's the last pair of socks that you bought?
That... must've been like 8 months ago, honestly. I remember forgetting some in the US and being very disappointed when I came back without them. I take good care of my socks usually.
What's the last T-shirt that you bought?
Hmm... jeez I don't know. I'm not sure I've even bought any clothes since I went to America earlier this year. This is making me self-conscious.
What would you be doing on your favorite day ever?
I don't know exactly what, but a lot of different stuff I'm sure. Wow, great answer.
Can you write a 500-word essay for me on why the show GoT is inferior to the books?
I'd totally be willing to do this if I wasn't packing right now, but I'm going home tomorrow in the morning AND I'm moving into a new apartment when I come back so I need all my stuff ready now :omg: Let me just say, I don't only think Game of Thrones is "inferior" to the books. I think it's straight up bad and I find the motion that it's anything close to a prestige drama completely laughable. The books were perfectly OK but those HBO showrunners are silly people with no idea of why other people found an adaptation appealing in the first place.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Where are you going?

Where has Dana gone to these days?

How about Made?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Where are you going?
Home! Cancún, Quintana Roo.
Where has Dana gone to these days?
I think she's in finals. I talked to her for the first time in like a month a couple days ago. She said she'd sign up for my game tho which is nice!
How about Made?
I don't know! I haven't talked to him in a few months but I think he's finishing up his first semester of college rn. I miss playing w the crazy bastard.
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Yes, I would also like to know where have I gone these days. Great question MM!
Am I allowed to answer where Made went?
When can I sign up for your game?
What is your favorite method of studying?
What is your favorite place to study?
Favorite bird of prey?
If you had to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would it be of?
Can you play any instruments?
Who is your favorite Disney character?
Have you ever been outside of the americas?
How many pets have you had in your lifetime?
Do you collect anything?
What is your earliest memory?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 64

Post by nutella »

where s the riffle? have u checkd in space
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dana wrote:Yes, I would also like to know where have I gone these days. Great question MM!
ok
Am I allowed to answer where Made went?
Yes.
When can I sign up for your game?
Early next year. :nicenod:
What is your favorite method of studying?
^lol.

No, but really, I like writing essays and practice tests and such. Make myself know that I understand what I'm doing through practice.
What is your favorite place to study?
No particular place. If it's in group probably the library, if it's alone then my bedroom.
Favorite bird of prey?
I don't really think about that a lot.
If you had to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would it be of?
idk. I always liked my senior quote. "We want our film to be beautiful, not realistic." It could also be something from Howl to achieve top hipsterism.
Can you play any instruments?
I took piano for a bit as a kid, so I could probably slowly play something with the right partitures. Otherwise, no, no musical ability at all.
Who is your favorite Disney character?
If we're counting Pixar, then it's gotta be Lenny the Binoculars from Toy Story. If not, then, umm... idfk, Donald Duck.
Have you ever been outside of the americas?
Never ever! I've been to America, Mexico, kinda Guatemala, an Argentina (and the old Republic of Yucatan :D) but never anywhere else. My mom's travelled the world and my brother lived in Australia for years. I'm so jealous.
How many pets have you had in your lifetime?
My family's had more dogs and fish than I can count. I had a couple hamsters when I was very little, and a snake in my early teens. My pets I remember the best were my 4 cats- Dada, Dolphin (yes stupid name ik), Dylan and Debbie. Debbie had several more kittens out of which I can only remember Jessie and Denise which we gave away to my uncle. I miss them.
Do you collect anything?
I have a tiny record collection, currently sitting at 8 records. I don't even have a record player, it's just a giant waste of money, but sometimes I just can't resist them.
What is your earliest memory?
This is very vague but I remember when I was still learning to talk I used to ask for "'echita 'eche 'ate" a lot (lechita de chocolate... chocolate milk). My earliest concrete memory would be on my third birthday when my parents hired a botarga (? Those big annoying cartoon costumes, google translate says "motley" but that doesn't sound right) of Woody from Toy Story and it scared the FUCK out of me. Woody, you're not supposed to be that big! You're not even supposed to actually exist! It was a little too much to handle for my 3 year old brain so I just started crying.

I also remember when I was 3 the time some little shit bit me so I bit him back, and the time my dad accidentally slammed the car door on my fingers. I remember the school I went to, but yeah, not a lot of concrete stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

nutella wrote:where s the riffle? have u checkd in space
How a riffle here???
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's that time....
Hamburger Boy
Step right up and strap yourself into the hot seat! It's sure to be a wild ride! Ask away Syndicate members, now is your chance. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Are you an adolescent?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

I was when I first started using this handle. Now I'm balding. :nicenod:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Teehee. :D

Where and when did you play your first mafia game?
What mafia game has been your favorite mafia game?
Have you hosted any mafia games?
Do you prefer playing as Civilian, Mafia, or Indy/Rogue?

And some music related questions since you come from RYM.

Who are your top 5 favorites artists?
What are your top 5 albums of all time?
Who is your favorite drummer? Favorite guitarist? Favorite pianist? Favorite lyricist?
Do you play a musical instrument? If so, have you written or released any music?
If there was an artist you could see live who is no longer able to perform live (because of death or retirement or something), who would it be?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What is your proudest moment in a Mafia game?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Why do they call them hamburgers if they're not made from ham?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Teehee. :D

Where and when did you play your first mafia game?
Ever, in a barn during a thunderstorm at summer camp, ~2000. Online, around 2011 on the Anandtech forums.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:What mafia game has been your favorite mafia game?
Probably RYM #79, Inception mafia. Complicated set-up but not too role-madness-y to make things unpredictable, lots of twists from a high where town seemed to be steamrolling to a long and painful loss in the end, overall I think it was probably the most educational game for me and definitely a lot of fun. RYM 87 was also a lot of fun and crazy, albeit tiring. Mac's choose-your-own-role game was total silly madness but I loved it, even though I was the only player with a negative-utility role. A World Reborn was a total blast for me as well, never played a map game before but I loved the balance between BTSC/map stuff and relatively straight-foward lynches, and my first game here where I really feel in tune with what's going on.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Have you hosted any mafia games?
Nope, but I plan on hosting one somewhat soon (probably some time after March) on RYM. I had something planned for a map-like game, so I think I'll be taking cues from A World Reborn
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Do you prefer playing as Civilian, Mafia, or Indy/Rogue?
I've only played two mafia games, both of which had very little BTSC and other traditional mafia themes, and my single rogue game involved me replacing a newbie that accidentally roleclaimed, so it's hard to say. I do love being town and coming at things from a quasi-impartial angle, though.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Who are your top 5 favorites artists?
What are your top 5 albums of all time?
Who is your favorite drummer? Favorite guitarist? Favorite pianist? Favorite lyricist?
Do you play a musical instrument? If so, have you written or released any music?
If there was an artist you could see live who is no longer able to perform live (because of death or retirement or something), who would it be?
Artists: Fates Warning, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queensryche, Anacrusis
Albums: Fates Warning - The Spectre Within, Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Iron Maiden - Killers, Metallica - Ride the Lightning,
Drummer: Mark Zonder (Fates Warning/Warlord)
Guitarist: Tommy Vetterli (Coroner)
Pianist: Not too sure here, I'm a fan of Kevin Moore (Dream Theater/Fates Warning/OSI) but more for his writing
Lyricist: Mike Scalzi (The Lord Weird Slough Feg)
Don't play a musical instrument. I bought a MIDI keyboard recently just to try and develop an ear for scales and chords and to jot down the occasional stray melody, but with school and multiple hard drive reformats (getting a DAW set up is kind of a pain in the ass) I've been procrastinating a lot.
Maybe Exodus with Paul Baloff (died in 2002), but I've seen them live without him. Actually, probably Watchtower, although they reunite every once in a while for a few shows.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What is your proudest moment in a Mafia game?
Surviving that day 1 lynch you were pushing against me RYM 87 was a pretty proud one, thought I was dead but making enough of a fuss and my fakeclaim saved me. In more a moment of collective pride, being a part of the the town power-role gangbang on Strewth RYM 79 was pretty incredible. Maybe also RYM 74, even though it was a flawless victory on scum's part, I was proud that my reads were actually spot-on by the end, and it was my first time reading a scum chatlog, so it was a nice ego-boost to see I finally was beginning to make an impact. :P (If I have to pick one, I'll pick 87.)
Sloonei wrote:Why do they call them hamburgers if they're not made from ham?
The same reason they called the greener island Iceland. To keep the plebs away. :burger:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Describe the perfect hamburger.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Artists: Fates Warning, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queensryche, Anacrusis
Albums: Fates Warning - The Spectre Within, Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Iron Maiden - Killers, Metallica - Ride the Lightning,
Pianist: Not too sure here, I'm a fan of Kevin Moore (Dream Theater/Fates Warning/OSI) but more for his writing
Don't play a musical instrument. I bought a MIDI keyboard recently just to try and develop an ear for scales and chords and to jot down the occasional stray melody, but with school and multiple hard drive reformats (getting a DAW set up is kind of a pain in the ass) I've been procrastinating a lot.
Maybe Exodus with Paul Baloff (died in 2002), but I've seen them live without him. Actually, probably Watchtower, although they reunite every once in a while for a few shows.
You and I will get along. Dream Theater and Iron Maiden are two of my top 3 bands (Rush being the third). ;airguitar:

Ok, name your top 10 Iron Maiden albums.

To be honest, I've never really looked into Fates Warning (kind of shocking to me). What album(s) would you recommend I check out first?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Mac's choose-your-own-role game was total silly madness but I loved it, even though I was the only player with a negative-utility role.
I ran a choose-your-own-role game long ago on a different forum once. Players did not know they all could choose their own roles because I left it as a closed setup. Unfortunately, there was one fellow who couldn't stand this other fellow, and I put them on the mafia team together (based on their role choices). So the first fellow outed his entire mafia team before quitting. I had to shut the game down. :( Worst hosting experience ever.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:Artists: Fates Warning, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queensryche, Anacrusis
You and I will get along. Dream Theater and Iron Maiden are two of my top 3 bands (Rush being the third). ;airguitar:

Ok, name your top 10 Iron Maiden albums.

To be honest, I've never really looked into Fates Warning (kind of shocking to me). What album(s) would you recommend I check out first?
I saw Iron Maiden live when I first moved to London. Very good show.

HamburgerBoy - what is your favorite book?
Gro-oo-ovy
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Next up in the hot seat is.....

motel room
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Is it kind of pricey living in a motel room?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 6

Post by motel room »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Is it kind of pricey living in a motel room?
yes but there's a dollars per questionable stain trade off rate that makes it manageable
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room!

Favorite mafia game?
Do you prefer to be civilian or mafia?
When did you start playing mafia?
How did you find out about it?

Top 3 anime and why?
Top 3 TV shows?
Top 3 movies?

Favorite artists (top XX)?
Do you play any musical instruments?
What albums have you heard from 2015 that you'd recommend?
What albums do you think hardly anyone has heard that you'd recommend?

More to follow. :D
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MovingPictures07 wrote:motel room!
hey MovingPictures :beer:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Favorite mafia game?
Do you prefer to be civilian or mafia?
When did you start playing mafia?
How did you find out about it?
-um, you know I'm not sure. I remember the sillier ones better than the simpler ones but enjoy playing the simpler ones at the time more.
-Def civillian. Solving puzzles is way more my thing than lying to a bunch of people.
-2013 I think
-Just kept seeing all these threads on RYM with "mafia" in the title that grew to be really long and looked fun. Honestly had no idea how to play and opened my first game by saying what my role & alignment was, luckilly it was vanilla town - if I was scum I probably would have said that :haha:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Top 3 anime and why?
Top 3 TV shows?
Top 3 movies?
-One Piece, Dragonball and um I havent watched anime in ages. And why do i like them? Cos they were fun to watch when doing this around uni age -> :mafia:
-Always sunny in Philadelphia, Newsradio, Twin Peaks maybe, Nathan For You is shaping up to be top-something
-Caddyshack, Blade Runner, Big Trouble in Little China
MovingPictures07 wrote:Favorite artists (top XX)?
Do you play any musical instruments?
What albums have you heard from 2015 that you'd recommend?
What albums do you think hardly anyone has heard that you'd recommend?

More to follow. :D
-Talking Heads is my go-to answer and what brought me this fantasmo site
-I used to play keyboard\piano sort of but got put off by friends wanting to start bands and ugh there's nothing less interesting to me than being in a band lol
-the ones I loved most were the COneheads' album with a title too long to type and Royal Headache's High
-the Devo Hardcore albums, fuck I'm gonna listen to them now

:ninja:
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

dirt caruso wrote:what's your favourite sex position?
oh you know probably either missionary but you know the edgy version of missionary or maybe the old anal margarita
madame bovary is the boring movie im watching right now wrote:do you prefer the 50's or victorian era england or france or wherever the book im in is set?
50's please.
crap82 wrote:are you drunk right now and if so what are you drinking?
yes and im dinking something called john samson scotch mixed with Sunkist orange drink and also Hammer and Tong tins of beer. Beer is being drunk separately.
rylo kendoll wrote:
You're a filthy so-and-so and I will never NEVER answer that question.
ImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Have you ever hosted a mafia game?
If you had to start one today, what would be the theme?
Gro-oo-ovy
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DrWilgy »

Ahh... I get to check the interrogation thread and find Motel!

Motel Room, who is the most beautiful and fashionable person you know? (besides me of course)
Last edited by DrWilgy on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

How the hell do I read you?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

fingersplints wrote:Have you ever hosted a mafia game?
If you had to start one today, what would be the theme?
Actually I havent. It looks like a lot of time commitment but would be cool to see things from behind the scenes.
Theme would be soap opera bloodbath.
DrWilgy wrote:Ahh... I get to check the interrogation thread and find Motel!

Motel Room, who is the most beautiful and fashionable person you know? (besides me of course)
That would have to be Dr Wilg.. oh. Then pssh a distant second would be
Actually I don't know I only hang out with ugly degenerates.
a2thezebra wrote:How the hell do I read you?
:shrug2:
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

I forgot about this thread.

Hi motel room :D

Compared to RYM (or not), what is the best and worst things about the syndicate?
If you could bring something from RYM over here, what would it be?
What do you do in real life (answer only if you want to)?
What your best trait, and your worst?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

what's an aokiji?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

FZ. wrote:Hi motel room :D

Compared to RYM (or not), what is the best and worst things about the syndicate?
If you could bring something from RYM over here, what would it be?
What do you do in real life (answer only if you want to)?
What your best trait, and your worst?
Hi FZ. :biggrin:

Best thing would have to be how you guys have such a chill, welcoming community here (for reals, not like "no one rocks like [whatever city this is]!!" banter). Worst thing is the colours and smilies which give away that im not actually doing work at work.
Eh just leave that junk there.
Work-wise? I'm a GIS administrator - I make maps pretty much kinda. Otherwise, I exist for a living and I'm getting pretty damn good at it.
Um best trait in the sense that its sort of served me the best in almost all situations - sense of humour, dumb as it is. Worst? Bad with money :beer:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:what's an aokiji?
Hi JagJimJay :biggrin:

aokiji def
(1) Its a character from One Piece back when I used to watch a bunch of One Piece. He's an admiral which was why Kenway called me that.
(2) me Image
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Is this thing still alive?

Also, I've never had a chance to be interrogated. Can you put me in the list or something? It sounds fun.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

What is the Will of D?
How much meat can you eat per meal?
Who would you take on a ship across the New World as your pirate crew?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This thread could certainly use a revival.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ricochet wrote:What is the Will of D?
How much meat can you eat per meal?
Who would you take on a ship across the New World as your pirate crew?
- Beats me, I need to get to Raftel first to figure it out.
- What makes you think there's a limit?
- People who can make me laugh and who would risk their lives for me. Skill is optional.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

DDL!

- Favorite mafia game you've ever played?
- Favorite mafia game you've played so far on The Syndicate?
- Favorite role you've ever had?
- Favorite mafia game you've ever hosted?
- Do you prefer civilian or mafia alignment and why?
- Top 5 (or whatever works best for you) video games ever and why?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorry this room had gone quiet, we will make it official....

Dragon D. Luffy

Is in the hot seat and will be until a week from Sunday. Make him feel the heat... :dark:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DDL.

Is your Chinese sign a Dragon?
Do you enjoy luftballs?
Do you also enjoy D? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MovingPictures07 wrote:DDL!

- Favorite mafia game you've ever played?
- Favorite mafia game you've played so far on The Syndicate?
- Favorite role you've ever had?
- Favorite mafia game you've ever hosted?
- Do you prefer civilian or mafia alignment and why?
- Top 5 (or whatever works best for you) video games ever and why?
- Tough question. I'm torn between three games: This one (my first indie win), the Economics Game, or the game I just got lynched in (my first game as godfather, and also shaping to be a win)

- Economics Game, definitely. Aside from my awesome role, I don't think I've ever been so engaged in a game as a civ before. I lost the game but I tried so hard and was interested even after I was killed.

- John Nash. I haven't gotten many powerful roles in my mafia career (except for bastard games where every role is ridiculous). This one wasn't powerful, but was incredibly fun.

- Favorites V. Very fun to watch, allowed me to make lots of cool roles, and had one of the coolest endings I've ever seen. Also doubles as the least favorite game I've ever hosted, for how utterly exhausting it was. I'm never hosting a game of that magnitude again.
- Not sure. I think I'm better at civilian than mafia, so I tend to enjoy those more often, while at mafia I often get lynched early in a ridiculous way. But mafia also makes for some VERY memorable games. I think I like the posting aspect of the game better when I'm civ, but I like the BTSC planning mafia provides.

- Never made a list, though I suppose I can list some that come to mind:
1- Paper Mario: First RPG I've ever beaten. Very memorable moment of my childhood.
2- Portal 2: From #2 onwards i'm not sure of the order. I love the Portal series for its narration and gameplay. I like Portal 2 slightly more, but the first game deserves to be here too.
3- Metroid Prime: Another great series. The first game is my favorite for being the most immersive game in the series, and possibly the most immersive I've ever played.
4- Resident Evil 4: I got this for christmas with the above game. Best christmas ever. The game is just hard enough to be fun, it's long, it never stops being engaging and forcing you to react to pressure, and it has a lot of awesome cheesy dialogue.
5- Team Fortress 2: I spent three years playing this game very often, and I only stopped because the Brazilian servers started disappearing. My favorite multiplayer game ever.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:DDL.

Is your Chinese sign a Dragon?
Do you enjoy luftballs?
Do you also enjoy D? :grin:
- No. Sheep.
- Never been in one but it looks really fun. If I had a "list of things I want to do before I die" I'd probably put it there lol.
- Not really my cup of tea :shrug2:
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107

Post by G-Man »

Do you follow any professional sports?
If so, who are your favorite teams?
What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home?
How many continents have you visited?
What three places do you want to visit before dying?
What books have you always wanted to read but still haven't gotten around to?
If applicable, which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle is your favorite?
What is the greatest movie you have ever seen?
What is your favorite movie of all time?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “Welcome to the Family”